Day Run Player Lounge

Parugi

Indeed; we were all dying of interest. :PAnyway -- iBrow, just so you know, we're waiting for you to get the match started; everyone else is ready. Please hurry Vertak over to the arena so that we can move on -- otherwise I might have to start it without Team Zero. :o

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Indeed; we were all dying of interest. :PAnyway -- iBrow, just so you know, we're waiting for you to get the match started; everyone else is ready. Please hurry Vertak over to the arena so that we can move on -- otherwise I might have to start it without Team Zero. :o

I am there.Happiness fills the world.-ibrow

Hylo, everyone. Sorry about my absence, rl has kept me from here. Anyways, what in general has happened since my disappearance? In particular, is anyone in the arena lounge or near it, and has anything gone on in there? I know one guy tried to talk to me while I was gone and gave up...

The black sun rises in a crimson sky

Hola, Aordain; long time, no see. :PLessee... I'm not entirely sure of when you were last here, but I think it was around the general timeframe of the fight between Dalmia and Vertak/Kayzata/Kaelan/whoever else, no? Basically, everything that has happened so far since then boils down to:-Tarius posted a sign asking for assistance in a treasure hunt. After meeting with Chyff, Delta, Slate, a Skakdi and a Vortixx (and later Kayzata) he offered 4000 kas to anyone who helped him locate a pair of jewels in the Niakar Trinity. You may be able to still talk to him if you want to get in on this, though he just now locked himself in his room after securing the help of those that showed up.-The last arena match for the day has started -- Vertak vs. Calik vs. Hexxon/Kayzata vs. Marx. Vertak jsut blew up the volcano in the middle of the arena, and its slowly flooding the field with lava, essentially placing a time limit on the match.-Alan called a meeting between Kerid, Team Vigil, Team Wing and Waiter, as well as inviting a representative from the Guild of Tyis, Kaorus, to talk about his plan to combat the Ring and the KNPD. They met in front of the garage and just headed to a cave near the Day Run section of the island to speak in private. As well, Elithes brought a container to the meeting, in which is the Mask of Nox, which is apparently one of the activation keys for the Heart that Lyxek is searching for. He has given this to Kerid. This would be an interesting place to jump into right now, as you could theoretically have followed the group after spotting them, but it's up to you. ^_^-Zanth of Team Zero has been meeting with the Rahkshi called Brother, and they have been exchanging information on the Ring, KNPD and the Heart. They've come to the conclusion that the Director is an AI built by Dalmia in an attempt to resurrect a being called Rhashahk, the Forever One, from the dead, possibly to take his powers or use him to destroy the universe. They're currently thinking of ways to find the second half of the Heart and defeat the Ring and KNPD before that plan can be fulfilled.-Dalmia brought the stolen Sword of Ybrus to the Heart. His interaction with the Heart afterward confirmed that 1. Rhashahk is connected to it somehow and 2. the Heart only 'speaks' to Lyxek -- something that Dalmia seems to resent.Aaand that's about all I can think of. But yeah; I don't think anyone else is in the lounge right now, though if you want a place to jump into, Tarius of the meeting would be the best place to go, most likely.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Yeah, sorry about that. I realy wanted to do something and I did wait a day or two before leaving.At the moment there is a treasure hunting expedition being set up, if you get there really soon I'm sure you could get on it.There is also a meeting of variouse people planning on taking down the Director and Lyxek in a cave near the Day Run Garage.Last major thing that is going on right now, is the current arena match in which one of the contestants just caused the valcano that was the terrain to erupt.Edit: Gah, majorly Ninja'd

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Skarloth:

I think there's still confusion about how this entire event was set up. There were four matches that composed the entire event, each of which involved different teams. Team Tech and Team Flamel were in the first match, so they can't participate in the fourth match, and neither can teams Bounty, Chance, Wing and Vigil, because they, too, have already taken part in one of the matches. My apologies if that wasn't clear.iirc, what you guys are thinking of is the event for the next day, the RPG's tomorrow; I remember an IC interaction happening in the old topic regarding that. Right now, though, this day hasn't ended yet, so Team Tech isn't participating in anything else today.

Quoted from last page. Team Tech isn't in this match. I'm still confused about why you guys thought otherwise. :3Silvan: Ninja'd, yes, but your's is a much cleaner and clearer version than mine. :P Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

If Kayzata really wanted to, he could break into Tarius' mind, and take all the info he wanted, and do whatever he wanted to do with it.But, I'm thinking Kayzata will just follow through with this quest, and get his hands on these Eyes that Tarius thought of. Once he figures out that's what Tarius is after, that is.-Skar

Silvan: Thanks for the heads up. ^_^Skarloth/Infinitus and Greel in the RPG topic: Tarius and Vertak are both mentally shielded, yes.And in Tarius's case -- do you really think I would include someone who's important to the plot and not anticipate that people would attempt to or assume that they could just read his mind? :3

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Silvan: Thanks for the heads up. ^_^Skarloth/Infinitus and Greel in the RPG topic: Tarius and Vertak are both mentally shielded, yes.And in Tarius's case -- do you really think I would include someone who's important to the plot and not anticipate that people would attempt to or assume that they could just read his mind? :3

Well of course not. What I'm saying is that Kayzata could in fact force his way through any barriers that you happen to have set up. But he's going to play it nice, and collect the Eyes another way. Maybe he won't leave Tarius' side, or find another way to claim the Eyes. But first he needs to find out about them, and then realize that he needs to keep them out of Tarius' hands.Of course, you as the GM refuse to let any others intervene in the plot in any major way, so Kayzata's soon to be quest is already a failure. I would have to put up one heck of a fight to get the Eyes, and even then, you could go all GM on me and take the Eyes to do whatever it is that you were to do with them in the first place.Yes, I came to this conclusion even before I got the idea to snatch the Eyes. My conclusion here makes it pointless to claim the Eyes, since it is actually impossible.-Skar

Well of course not. What I'm saying is that Kayzata could in fact force his way through any barriers that you happen to have set up. But he's going to play it nice, and collect the Eyes another way. Maybe he won't leave Tarius' side, or find another way to claim the Eyes. But first he needs to find out about them, and then realize that he needs to keep them out of Tarius' hands.Could he do so without Tarius noticing, though? I doubt it. Mental interactions aren't exactly subtle -- canon even proves that. But since you've said you aren't taking that route, then I'll drop this.That's also assuming that Tarius has rotten motives -- which he very well may. Then again, given the type of people now rampant on Kai-Nam, would you trust anyone -- especially treasure hunters -- to leave you alone once you held up your end of the deal? We'll just have to wait and find out; though you already seem to have figured him out, so I guess it doesn't matter whether we wait or not... :POf course, you as the GM refuse to let any others intervene in the plot in any major way, so Kayzata's soon to be quest is already a failure. I would have to put up one heck of a fight to get the Eyes, and even then, you could go all GM on me and take the Eyes to do whatever it is that you were to do with them in the first place.Yes, I came to this conclusion even before I got the idea to snatch the Eyes. My conclusion here makes it pointless to claim the Eyes, since it is actually impossible.I'm not entirely sure of how to respond to that claim. If you're referring to the sword and Dalmia incident -- sorry about that, but frankly, that was one of the things that I've had planned for a while, and it wasn't one that I could allow to be derailed. So I'll give you that one.But I'm a bit confused about where else I've 'refused to allow' players to do anything major. Vertak, Brother, Alan and others finding out however much plot-important information regarding the Heart and everything else? That was player investigation. They asked what needed to be asked and figured things out through the answers I gave them. Eremia breaking into Team Zero's base and getting the necklace? Player work. I laid out the traps, Power got through them. Blade, ToD and Kal stopping Khazra from getting Illuxio earlier? That caused me to change what I had planned.Sure, I've had a hand in virtually everything that has gone on, but that's because of how the RPG was set up -- it's not like IoP or the BZPRPG where everything is essentially free plotwise; certain things in Day Run need to go a certain way to make sure that what I have planned next month goes smoothly. It might seem like I'm keeping the plot close to my chest, but that's only because the majority of what has happened player-wise has revolved around finding out information, not acting on it; but we aren't done with the story yet. It's close to the point where I won't need to set anything else up. In short, one instance does not equal my GM philosophy; the sword had been planned for a while, this Tarius thing has not. It could go multiple ways -- that's why I set it up to get as many players involved as I could. And, ICly, I think I made that clear a while ago -- Tarius stinks at combat; he said so himself. There's nothing stopping Kayzata, once he figures out the truth, from telling the others of what's going on and stopping Tarius before he accomplishes whatever it is you think he has planned. ;3... hm. That was longer than I meant it to be... :3

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

@ Parugi: Yeah, I realized when I first found the Sword of Ybrus two things:

• [*]The thing was possibly the most powerful character/weapon in the game at that time[*]I was never going to win, but had to try

Just seemed a little too powerful to keep. :PStill glad to have Rhindon though. He's wicked. Was it planned for the Sword of Ybrus to be split should someone challenge Dalmia, or was it just because Vertak, Kayzata, and the other guy put up a good fight?-ibrow

Edited by ibrow

And if Chyff helps out then you can bet that things aren't going to turn out how I've imagined them... :PiBrow: Indeed. :Ptbh, that was a split-second decision, but one that I didn't see a problem with doing. The fight was justification for it. :PAlso, just as a heads up, due to a postponed Thanksgiving dinner, I will not be very active tomorrow, if I even post at all. Just so you all know; things might slow down a bit. ;PRegardless, a belated Happy Thanksgiving! to those here who also celebrate it and already had their big dinners. ^_^

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

To Magnus Greel in the main topic: It doesn't matter that Hexxon wasn't looking directly at Vertak; it's a flash of light. It's like if your in a room and the light were to suddenly become 10x brighter; even if you're not looking at it you're gonna hurt. Hexxon would thus be affected less than Kaytana (or perhaps the same since he's shadow), but still hurt.-ibrow

I don't think you can get hurt by light from overhead unless you look at it, especially if your looking down at yourself. I figured teleporting through the shadows just as the light came would shield him, since he's being taken into shadows, whereas Kaytana was looking at it directly just as it came out.Though, I will edit if I must...

Edited by Magnus Greel

Which raises the question: How was Hexxon able to suddenly know that Vertak was making a flash of light?Also, I might not be able to post more than this until tomorrow, for reasons stated in the TIoP topic.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

Which raises the question: How was Hexxon able to suddenly know that Vertak was making a flash of light?Also, I might not be able to post more than this until tomorrow, for reasons stated in the TIoP topic.

He didn't; Hexxon was prepared to teleport before the light because he saw and felt himself become more dense due to the energy around them.It doesn't seem to be a problem anymore, though.

Frankly... yes, it did. Changed.Um... Is this directed at me? Because if it is then I have no clue what you're saying, sorry. :PSwerv's still putting himself in danger. It's already been established, in canon, that minds can be destroyed, and you essentially just digitized Swerv's mind.Yes, I realized minds can be destroyed, which is really the only way to kill Swerv. And I don't really understand what you mean when you say I "just digitized Swerv's mind". His mind is still his mind, just like when he's controlling his robotic body. How I view it is that he's basically accessing the computer with a keyboard, except he's actually directly accessing it in the hardware so that he can purge the virus from the system whereas if he used the keyboard he wouldn't get anywhere. Swerv is basically "typing" away furiously, but he sees it as this battle. That was what I was trying to say in my IC.You don't think something this weird -- and powerful judging from everything it's managed to do -- isn't going to be able to have some lasting effect on you if you're entering its terrain?Actually, because of what I just described above and what I will be describing below, I do believe that Swerv will walk away without permanent damage. (But that's also because I know you won't kill my character :P ) And I see it as the Virus inhabiting the computer, not that it's the Virus's terrain, if you understand what I mean? Like the systems are corrupted, yes, but Swerv can still use the basics of the systems that must be kept in place lest those systems are destroyed and therefore not corrupted.Not to mention, electricity, like other energy, can destroy Makuta essence.I actually did not know that. But Swerv's essence is like a Makuta's, not actually a Makuta's. Swerv's essence is actually microscopic pieces of an unknown crystal that is not affected by much of anything. Ok, by not affected much, I mean the crystals won't be destroyed, not that Swerv won't feel mental pain.Now remember what happened to Eryn when she connected?Yes, she was corrupted instantly, but she, while highly inteligent, is still just an AI. Whereas Swerv can't be "infected".I'd say there's plenty electricity at its disposal inside of the computer network. Where Swerv's essence is. :3*cringes* Yes that might cause Swerv to aquire quite a headache. XD*reads rest of Swerv IC*You realize Eryn was trying to connect with the network when she got zapped, right? :oHa ha! No I didn't! Lol, what have I done to you, Swerv? But now he's basically trapped. Hey, did you want to describe the rooms or should I?And just so you know, just because it's my opinion, doesn't mean it's an informed opinion. I'm basically making this up as I go along (Not the stuff about Swerv, but about the whole computer situation). :P So I know that in all probability I could be entirely wrong.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Wooo quote waaar.

Frankly... yes, it did. Changed.Um... Is this directed at me? Because if it is then I have no clue what you're saying, sorry. :PClarification: Your original post where he entered the mainframe confused me, as you assumed. I have edited my response -- where the electricity attacked Swerv's body -- to show that I misinterpreted what you said.Swerv's still putting himself in danger. It's already been established, in canon, that minds can be destroyed, and you essentially just digitized Swerv's mind.Yes, I realized minds can be destroyed, which is really the only way to kill Swerv. And I don't really understand what you mean when you say I "just digitized Swerv's mind". His mind is still his mind, just like when he's controlling his robotic body. How I view it is that he's basically accessing the computer with a keyboard, except he's actually directly accessing it in the hardware so that he can purge the virus from the system whereas if he used the keyboard he wouldn't get anywhere. Swerv is basically "typing" away furiously, but he sees it as this battle. That was what I was trying to say in my IC.This just goes to show just how confused I am about what you're actually doing. You said that Swerv's essence entered the mainframe; that implied, to me, that Swerv had 'possessed' the system, so to speak, like he does with his robotic body, therefore actually putting himself into the computer and essentially making him part of the program. Like TRON. Only voluntarily.So I'm still really confused. It now sounds like Swerv is both inside of the computer and outside of it. If I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly now, and all he is actually doing is using the keyboard as a medium and is not actually inside of the mainframe, then the virus's response would have been exactly what happened with the other engineers: Blowing up the computer he's using.You don't think something this weird -- and powerful judging from everything it's managed to do -- isn't going to be able to have some lasting effect on you if you're entering its terrain?Actually, because of what I just described above and what I will be describing below, I do believe that Swerv will walk away without permanent damage. (But that's also because I know you won't kill my character :P ) And I see it as the Virus inhabiting the computer, not that it's the Virus's terrain, if you understand what I mean? Like the systems are corrupted, yes, but Swerv can still use the basics of the systems that must be kept in place lest those systems are destroyed and therefore not corrupted.You underestimate me. :3Anyway, this ties in with my confusion about what is going on with Swerv's mind. If an animal drives out another animal from its nest and takes over said nest, does that not make the nest the terrain of the intruder? That's what I'm referring to. With the virus inhabiting, as you said, the Day Run mainframe, it considers the entire DR computer network to be its territory, regardless of how heavily its keeping an eye on each area. My other point, which is moot if this isn't the case, is that if Swerv is actually mentally there, then the virus would, indeed, be able to harm him. I think it's been spelled out at this point that this "computer virus" isn't a typical virus.Not to mention, electricity, like other energy, can destroy Makuta essence.I actually did not know that. But Swerv's essence is like a Makuta's, not actually a Makuta's. Swerv's essence is actually microscopic pieces of an unknown crystal that is not affected by much of anything. Ok, by not affected much, I mean the crystals won't be destroyed, not that Swerv won't feel mental pain.K.Now remember what happened to Eryn when she connected?Yes, she was corrupted instantly, but she, while highly inteligent, is still just an AI. Whereas Swerv can't be "infected".... by this one. :3I'd say there's plenty electricity at its disposal inside of the computer network. Where Swerv's essence is. :3*cringes* Yes that might cause Swerv to aquire quite a headache. XDIndeed. And blow up a computer.*reads rest of Swerv IC*You realize Eryn was trying to connect with the network when she got zapped, right? :oHa ha! No I didn't! Lol, what have I done to you, Swerv? But now he's basically trapped. Hey, did you want to describe the rooms or should I?Considering my vast confusion at this point... I'd rather not. :3And just so you know, just because it's my opinion, doesn't mean it's an informed opinion. I'm basically making this up as I go along (Not the stuff about Swerv, but about the whole computer situation). :P So I know that in all probability I could be entirely wrong.Indeed. Especially with Hollywood logic, artistic license of the workings of computers, and rule of cool in place. 8D

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Wooo quote waaar.Quote war rawr!

Clarification: Your original post where he entered the mainframe confused me, as you assumed. I have edited my response -- where the electricity attacked Swerv's body -- to show that I misinterpreted what you said.Oooooh. Ok then. Yeah it's all clear in my head at least. :PThis just goes to show just how confused I am about what you're actually doing. You said that Swerv's essence entered the mainframe; that implied, to me, that Swerv had 'possessed' the system, so to speak, like he does with his robotic body, therefore actually putting himself into the computer and essentially making him part of the program. Like TRON. Only voluntarily.Oh, yeah that's sort of what I meant. Great now I'm confused as well.So I'm still really confused. It now sounds like Swerv is both inside of the computer and outside of it. If I'm interpreting what you're saying correctly now, and all he is actually doing is using the keyboard as a medium and is not actually inside of the mainframe, then the virus's response would have been exactly what happened with the other engineers: Blowing up the computer he's using.Ok, let me see. There is the Day Run Mainframe. There is the Ehjoras' Computer. And there is the Keyboard.Swerv entered the Keyboard, and traced the wires back to the Computer. He knows that he can't handle the virus in the Mainframe, as it would be too powerful. Instead, he decides to access the Computer and shut if off from the rest of the Virus in the Mainframe. How he does this is that his essence wraps around the hard drive of the Computer and accesses it. This is almost comparable to using a keyboard on a computer. That is only a metaphor.Really he is accessing the data with part of his mind from outside where the virus is. So part of Swerv's mind is accessing the raw Computer Code and trying to rid it of the Virus. This battle of coding and hacking is being relayed to us as a literal battle where Swerv is fighting the virus, but that is just in Swerv's mind's eye. Or you can say he's imagining it for the sake of me not knowing how to write a computer coding/hacking war against a virus.You underestimate me. :3Well, if you had a good enough reason, I would sacrifice one of my characters for your awesome story.Anyway, this ties in with my confusion about what is going on with Swerv's mind. If an animal drives out another animal from its nest and takes over said nest, does that not make the nest the terrain of the intruder? That's what I'm referring to. With the virus inhabiting, as you said, the Day Run mainframe, it considers the entire DR computer network to be its territory, regardless of how heavily its keeping an eye on each area. My other point, which is moot if this isn't the case, is that if Swerv is actually mentally there, then the virus would, indeed, be able to harm him. I think it's been spelled out at this point that this "computer virus" isn't a typical virus.Yeah some dumb monster virus that wants to kill us all. :( But now that I think about it, your den idea does seem better than what I said. And the most the virus could do is electrocute Swerv, which would only give him a bad headache or a really bad headache. I think I explained it better up there why he wouldn't be hurt. Now to see what you think of it.K.KK.... by this one. :3 http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/fear.gifIndeed. And blow up a computer.Agony might want to back up Swerv's body along with Ehjoras then.Considering my vast confusion at this point... I'd rather not. :3I was just asking because I didn't want to create a room too much to Swerv's advantage.Indeed. Especially with Hollywood logic, artistic license of the workings of computers, and rule of cool in place. 8DOh yeah! http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

So basically Swerv is working from the computer and the entire battle with the Skakdi, the wolfman and Swerv is a narrative way of shwoing what's happening? How does he plan to purge the virus if he's isolating the computer and not working through the mainframe? :3Yeah some dumb monster virus that wants to kill us all. :( But now that I think about it, your den idea does seem better than what I said. And the most the virus could do is electrocute Swerv, which would only give him a bad headache or a really bad headache. I think I explained it better up there why he wouldn't be hurt. Now to see what you think of it. K. So he's not actually in the computer or connected ot it, which is why he can't actually be hurt by the virus.(This virus, at any rate.)I think I get it now.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png