I don't even wanna make a topic

degnish

Very nice. Like FFIM said, you've done a good job here of portraying him as somewhat elderly through his pose and the details, and the tribal accessories you've provided fit the feel of 2001 rather nicely.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Oh, wow... I love this! Upon closer examination, I noticed that you included aspects from his Toa Metru form, mainly in the waist and lower legs. Lovely touch, that is. And you managed to capture the aged appearance, as others have noted, as well as the tribal-like details, while managing to keep him true to his set form. Absolutely brilliant work!signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I really like the "old" appearance and the additional accessories are cool. The details are great especially on the arms and legs. I can't think up of any cons so, nice job on this!
Believe me there are plenty of things on this I could have done better, but your compliment means a lot nonetheless. Thank you!
Very nice. Like FFIM said, you've done a good job here of portraying him as somewhat elderly through his pose and the details, and the tribal accessories you've provided fit the feel of 2001 rather nicely.
Thanks! I always liked how lego was able to make the sets look like little hobbly old people, so i wanted to get that same feel.
Oh, wow... I love this! Upon closer examination, I noticed that you included aspects from his Toa Metru form, mainly in the waist and lower legs. Lovely touch, that is. And you managed to capture the aged appearance, as others have noted, as well as the tribal-like details, while managing to keep him true to his set form. Absolutely brilliant work!
Thanks! Glad you picked up on those details! I was having a pretty hard time figuring out how to make a set with barely 27 pieces look interesting but still resemble the set, so I figured I'd try to portray some of those past incarnations. Thank you for the kind words!

Oh Chris.This is definitely you, would fit right in with all your other art and it's marvelous. I love how you know exactly what you are doing with the subtle textures and shading. The lines are great here, the quality and consistency with them is a rarity, and highlights, being minimal, blend perfectly without being garish. I've been looking at the mask for a while and it's absolutely awesome. The different ways of shading and highlighting makes this such a breath of fresh air in interpretation. And the constructed texture of the mouth part is stunning. Of course you know I love the necklace; Bohrok teeth, what a novel idea, ( :P ) and the beads and feather are perfect for adornments on the staff- it prevents it from being boring (if that were possible) and just gives him almost too much personality which is an extremely good thing. I'll jump with the crowd here too, the inclusion of 2004 pieces really tie this together as an entity. It makes sense now that he's the same as the dark red Toa from long ago, and some of the pieces you've drawn look just like old sharp metal, namely the shoulder brackets and ankle guards. I especially like the staff looking like parts scavenged from a flamethrower, as if he can channel only enough power to activate the already-present fire capabilities. Maybe not something you planned, but delicious all the same.My complaints are few, far between, and slightly ridiculous. The size of his feet are okay now that I look at them for a while, it helps with the frailty and feebleness, but the twist in his leg looks a bit unnatural and uncomfortable. Unless it is injured in some way, I don't know how it really fits- it's the only dynamic part in a quite static image, although it does sort of help to ground the horizontal balance of the picture. Also, his pinky finger on the right hand is a bit diminutive and looks like it can't quite reach around the staff. This is not a big deal (obviously) and it's present in most drawings with hands holding objects, so it's not really a detriment to this at all. So you know, no big deal.I love this, man, I love that you're drawing fun things again and not just comics than no one gets to see, but mostly because this is so <3, as you say.