Flash Fire Poll - Vakama

Flash Fire Poll - Vakama  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Flash FireCharacter Design ContestHere we are... it's the one and only round for the Flash Fire Character Design contest, for the character VakamaYou've got a choice here, and you only get one vote, so make sure to carefully consider which one you prefer. You CANNOT take back a vote once it has been cast, and likewise viewing the poll results without voting will make your vote null.Voting begins July 23rd, and will end July 25th at 11:59 PM CST. The winning results will be posted in another topic.BZP Rules and Guidelines---------------------------------------------------------1.vakama-terton.jpg >>>> Entry 1---------------------------------------------------------2.vakama-hahli-husky-is-awesome.jpg >>>> Entry 2---------------------------------------------------------3.vakama-senrab.jpg >>>> Entry 3---------------------------------------------------------4.vakama-td.jpg >>>> Entry 4---------------------------------------------------------5.vakama-toa-kayn.jpg >>>> Entry 5---------------------------------------------------------6.vakama-click.jpg >>>> Entry 6---------------------------------------------------------7.vakama-crunchbitenuva.jpg >>>> Entry 7---------------------------------------------------------8.vakama-rumpelstiltskin.jpg >>>> Entry 8---------------------------------------------------------9.vakama-poutwuw-toa-of-diversity.jpg >>>> Entry 9---------------------------------------------------------10.vakama-aanchir_-rachira-of-time.jpg >>>> Entry 10---------------------------------------------------------11.vakama-degnish.jpg >>>> Entry 11---------------------------------------------------------12.vakama-doomignika.jpg>>>> Entry 12---------------------------------------------------------13.vakama-shadaki.jpg>>>> Entry 13---------------------------------------------------------14.vakama-brickthing.jpg>>>> Entry 14---------------------------------------------------------15.vakama-tohkann-toa-of-arts.jpg>>>> Entry 15---------------------------------------------------------

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

This was a hard choice. I try not to simply vote for my own entries out of habit, as I like to always consider which entry I really feel deserves the win most, not just which one I'm most proud of. At the same time, when it came down to a choice between entries 7, 10 (my own), and 11, I'm somewhat ashamed to say I chose my own. Entries seven and ten were beautifully expressive, but they simply don't fit with the way I visualize Turaga Vakama. Entry 7 has a very cartoony style, albeit with excellent colors and shading, while Entry 11 just looks so weathered and feeble. His expression lacks the intensity with which I've always imagined Turaga Vakama. Entry 14 is beautiful, but so very heavily stylized that I can't imagine it easily as part of the Brickfair display.I would be amiss if I didn't also mention how much I love the mask design for Entry 8, although the rest of the body feels quite straight and rigid rather than expressive and lifelike. I've stated before in my blog how much I wish BZPower contests operated similarly to the MOC contests on another site I use, in which each user is given a certain number of votes and can distribute them among the entries as they see fit. It feels somewhat upsetting to have to throw the entirety of my support behind the entry I like best, and in doing so completely ignore the other entries which have a lot of imagination and talent behind them. And no, I'm not referring to my own entry when I say this.

This was a hard choice. I try not to simply vote for my own entries out of habit, as I like to always consider which entry I really feel deserves the win most, not just which one I'm most proud of. At the same time, when it came down to a choice between entries 7, 10 (my own), and 11, I'm somewhat ashamed to say I chose my own. Entries seven and ten were beautifully expressive, but they simply don't fit with the way I visualize Turaga Vakama. Entry 7 has a very cartoony style, albeit with excellent colors and shading, while Entry 11 just looks so weathered and feeble. His exp<b></b>ression lacks the intensity with which I've always imagined Turaga Vakama. Entry 14 is beautiful, but so very heavily stylized that I can't imagine it easily as part of the Brickfair display.I would be amiss if I didn't also mention how much I love the mask design for Entry 8, although the rest of the body feels quite straight and rigid rather than expressive and lifelike. I've stated before in my blog how much I wish BZPower contests operated similarly to the MOC contests on another site I use, in which each user is given a certain number of votes and can distribute them among the entries as they see fit. It feels somewhat upsetting to have to throw the entirety of my support behind the entry I like best, and in doing so completely ignore the other entries which have a lot of imagination and talent behind them. And no, I'm not referring to my own entry when I say this.
I actually wanted to give people two votes for this but it doesn't seem to be a function of the polling system.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND