• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Flash Fire Poll - Matoran

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Poll: Flash Fire Poll - Matoran (90 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Matoran is coming to Brickfair?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Offline InnerRayg

InnerRayg
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Buttest of Dialers

• 12,842 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 23 2012 - 12:59 AM

Flash FireCharacter Design ContestHere we are... it's the one and only round for the Flash Fire Character Design contest, for the characters Jaller or TakuaYou've got a choice here, and you only get one vote, so make sure to carefully consider which one you prefer. You CANNOT take back a vote once it has been cast, and likewise viewing the poll results without voting will make your vote null.Voting begins July 23rd, and will end July 25th at 11:59 PM CST. The winning results will be posted in another topic.BZP Rules and Guidelines---------------------------------------------------------1.Posted Image >>>> Entry 1---------------------------------------------------------2.Posted Image >>>> Entry 2---------------------------------------------------------3.Posted Image >>>> Entry 3---------------------------------------------------------4.Posted Image >>>> Entry 4---------------------------------------------------------5.Posted Image >>>> Entry 5---------------------------------------------------------6.Posted Image >>>> Entry 6---------------------------------------------------------7.Posted Image >>>> Entry 7---------------------------------------------------------8.Posted Image >>>> Entry 8---------------------------------------------------------9.Posted Image >>>> Entry 9---------------------------------------------------------10.Posted Image >>>> Entry 10---------------------------------------------------------11.Posted Image >>>> Entry 11---------------------------------------------------------12.Posted Image>>>> Entry 12---------------------------------------------------------13.Posted Image>>>> Entry 13---------------------------------------------------------

Edited by InnerRayg, Jul 23 2012 - 12:59 AM.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

#2 Offline Senrab

Senrab
  • Members
  • Toa

• 191 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 23 2012 - 07:02 AM

Self-voted.

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

#3 Offline Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,778 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 23 2012 - 07:48 AM

When I first saw entry 3 a week or so ago, I kept going back to it. There's something about it that's just brilliant.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#4 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,657 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 23 2012 - 09:17 AM

I voted for entry 9.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#5 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,278 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 23 2012 - 10:43 AM

I was thinking about #3 or #9 but Entry 3 it is!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#6 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Disk of the Forgers Found

• 9,325 posts

Posted Jul 23 2012 - 11:26 AM

Number three is fantastic. ^_^~B~

Posted Image

#7 Offline Click

Click
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,174 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 23 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hard decision, but I guess I'll shamelessly self vote. There's just something I don't like about 3, although I almost voted for it, and it is cool.

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

I've joined the BZPRPG. See my profiles here.

See the collection of my writings as well as previews of those to come in The Scarabax Library.

#8 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,377 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jul 23 2012 - 06:32 PM

My favorite here was 9. I think it was the best verson of Jaller, compared to 3 and 12.:music:

b-bolin-02.jpg

#9 Offline Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Aanchir: Rachira of Time
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,389 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 24 2012 - 07:06 AM

Entries 3, 8 (my own), 9, and 12 were all ones I considered voting for, but in the end it came down to a choice between 8 and 12. And, shamefully, I tried and tried to come up with reasons I shouldn't vote for Entry 12. The chest lacked detail. The abdomen had too much detail. The facial expression seemed too Toa-like. The Hau had two vents on either side instead of three (believe me when I say this has always frustrated me about interpretations of the Hau, including Lhikan's official mask design).But overall, every time I flipped back and forth between my entry and Tohkann's, the choice became obvious. Tohkann's has vibrant colors, lots of personality, and a design that is both lifelike and true to the most consistent elements of Mata Nui Matoran set design. To put it another way, it maintains the values I tried to infuse into my own entry without blocking out creativity, as I tend to do with my very rigid ways of thinking.In the end there was no way I could vote for anything other than Entry 12 with a clear conscience. Best of luck, Tohkann, and I will be overjoyed if I see your entry at Brickfair.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#10 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,438 posts

Posted Jul 24 2012 - 02:13 PM

I loved Entry 9, very reminiscent of the Jaller I first saw as a youngun' in '03. It's very well drawn and colored too, not nearly as bright and flashy as some of the others, and I liked that.

Posted Image                                                                                                                      .

#11 Offline Sumiki

Sumiki
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Assistants
  • Hat Enterprises CEO

• 10,916 posts
  •   BZP Assistant

Posted Jul 25 2012 - 09:59 AM

I thought the feet on number 3 were a little on the large side, but overall it was better than the other entries that I considered.

rotr_banner.png

#12 Offline GaliFourteen

GaliFourteen
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 5 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2012 - 02:51 PM

Does Jaller's staff on entry three say "Jala's Staff" in Matoran?

WATCH THESE! I PROMISE YOU: YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

#13 Offline InnerRayg

InnerRayg
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Buttest of Dialers

• 12,842 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 26 2012 - 12:03 AM

Congratulations to all our contestants! Polls are now closed, and results will be posted soon.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users