Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image


Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Day Run: The Garden


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
1038 replies to this topic

#961 Offline Cosmic Titan

Cosmic Titan
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

  • 2,100 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 04 2012 - 05:52 PM

IC: Toxin watched the landscape carefully as the others cleared the entrance. He did not see anyone or anything. Oh I get it my mask will help this group most. He drew his laser pistol and flicked the safety. He tried to mentally prepare himself for any hostiles that may attack.

Edited by infinitus, Jan 05 2012 - 06:25 PM.

  • 0

#962 Online Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,588 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 04 2012 - 10:09 PM

OOC: Blade: oooohyeah still no change on that.IC - The Searcher - South District: The lightning bolt didn't even leave a scorch on the Searcher's hull; it merely bounced against the rippling, gel-like surface, having absolutely no effect. But that was probably expected.As it settled over the very center of South District, the Searcher's tentacles elongated, hundreds of jelly-like, metallic tendrils stretching out over the expanse of city below. They swept against buildings and the street, feeling for whatever it was looking for. What it did not do was move to attack the few beings that it found, all of whom remained motionless in fear as the tentacles swept the area around them.IC - Tarius - Kia Island Cavern: Vertak being thrown back meant that Tarius was free from his gravity shift. Coming to his feet almost immediately, he pointed his rapier at the Matoran, Eyes in his other hand."Drop it, Matoran," he ordered. "You're outmatched; I've downed beings far more powerful than you."IC - Reaper - Western Tunnels: Arriving at the tunnel without a hitch, Reaper looked inside, his scope lighting up the place for him. Noting no beings within, he climbed down into it, dropping to his feet. Clenching his arm, he activated one of his plasma blades; the blue energy hummed softly, providing a light source in the dark.Once the others had followed, the Toa walked slowly down the tunnel, alert.IC - Mechanic - Beach Tunnels: The group continued on, Mechanic leading them to the right as Khadbaen had said. As they moved, they met no resistance, though every now and then they would pass a body that had, at one point, obviously been possessed by the Feranaki, though were too damaged to be of further use. Moving onward, they came to a split in the path -- one tunnel blocked by another pile of rocks."Your call," Mechanic said to Khad.
  • 0

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020

 - Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven - ??? - ??? -


#963 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 04 2012 - 10:21 PM

IC / South District / Watching: Swerv pulled the Unpredictable to a halt. “No, no,” he said to Draxion, “Freeze it.” Draxion nodded, and sleet began to fall from the clouds, hopefully surely but slowly freezing the construct. After all, it looked like a giant jellyfish. And jelly froze easily. But there was so much… Swerv said into his Crest, for both Ehjoras and Elithes to hear, “Elithes, I hope you’re not busy. There’s a construct the size of the South District hovering above, well, the South District. Ehjoras, if you’re hearing this, tell Kerid immediately.” Forgetting the Crest for a moment, Swerv asked Draxion, “What’s happening now?” The Rahkshi shrugged. Swerv so wanted to roll his eyes right now. Couldn’t, though. Instead he just shook his head and sighed, “At least it hasn’t killed anyone. Yet.”
  • 0

-----------------------------

Under Reconstruction

-----------------------------


#964 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

  • 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 04 2012 - 11:08 PM

-==IC: Zaydan//Kia Tunnels==-Zaydan then appeared flying through the air, as he aimed a kick at Tarius' back."Does that include other Toa?" Zaydan taunted slightly with a slight smirk after he landed, as he held the sword in his hand, ready to fight.
  • 0

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster


#965 Offline More Fierce Than Fire

More Fierce Than Fire
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

  • 14,647 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 05 2012 - 10:33 AM

IC: Chyff cared not for idle banter. Tarius could threaten Vertak all he like, but that left Chyff free to act. Tarius became surrounded by a field of intense cold close to sub-zero. Ice could be shattered and broken, but this? It slowed the muscles, confused the mind, and filled you with fatigue and exhaustion. Didn't matter how mighty you were, the cold always won...
  • 0

The bells were ringing in the dale

And men looked up with faces pale

smaug.jpg

The dragon's ire more fierce than fire

Laid low their towers and houses frail


#966 Offline Agnes Oblige

Agnes Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Storyteller

  • 4,330 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 05 2012 - 10:58 AM

IC: Vertak, Kia Island Tunnel:Vertak stood to his feet as Zaydan and Chyff attacked."I've always been outmatched, Tarius." he challenged. "Why is then that I'm still alive? And do you think you can beat the three of us? How about when the others catch up as well?"He activated his gravity again, increasing Tarius's gravity once more.-ibrow
  • 0

Chapter 7

book_1_logo_super_small.jpg

 

With five more dead, Voltex prepares to hunt down the final traitor.


#967 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 05 2012 - 02:38 PM

IC: Lux Saran and Delta Stratos - Kia Island Tunnels'Don't count us out either!' a voice rang out.In a few moments, two Matoran ran around the final corner, weapons in hand, ready to fight.'Ha, that's right,' Lux said, 'Give it up Tarius, it's over!'-Void
  • 0

#968 Online Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,588 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 01:48 AM

IC - Elithes - The Wheel: Elithes stopped driving as he received Swerv's message, trying to figure out what to do. Go forward and see what was with the Ring activity in the area, or go back and help fight this 'construct'? Tough choice, tough choice...He looked back to see just what it was that the robotic being was talking about; if it was something he knew they could handle, he would continue forward. Upon seeing the thing, he shifted the vehicle around and began heading back toward City."You seeing vhat I'm seeing?" he asked Illuxio, as he stared up at the massive thing hovering above the Southern District."Indeed I am," Illuxio answered. "Fascinating... I've never seen anything like it...""You sure?" the Matoran asked, speeding up the vehicle. Taking a right he shifted direction, going toward West District; it would be easier to get to South District through there."I am," Illuxio said. "Come to think of it, the Collector is the only nanobot construct that I recognize... I wonder if I even thought to use them in my own dimension?"IC - The Searcher - South District: Once more, Draxion's attackers were useless. Like all other Constructs, it had a set weakness, and it was not that simple.Regardless, it still did not turn hostile; for whatever reason, it seemed that this Construct was fully intent on only searching, for it still had not hurt a single being down below or retaliated to any attacks. Why bother when their attacks were ineffective?In mere moments, its sweep of South District -- which had included phasing the ends of its tentacles through the very ground once or twice -- had been completely, and it began to move to its next destination: West District.One being was still within the district, and he had not lost his cool upon being faced with a tentacle. Still seated at his table, Lyccir continued to drink his tea, completely ignoring the presence of the Construct outside. It wasn't long before one of its many appendages had snaked its way through the window, slithering along the floor, rising to look at him. The Turaga of Plasma, still calm, set down his tea and turned to look at it...IC - Tarius - Kia Island Tunnel: As the cold took effect and Tarius observed the area around himself, he smiled and shrugged. "Very well," he said. "I admit that I'm outmatched here; too many opponents to stab at once. But you aren't getting the eyes." Even with frozen joints, his speed with the rapier was astounding. He quickly stabbed upward, into the ceiling, the blade piercing through to its middle. Cracks began to appear in the ice above, compounded by the metal that he was still controlling.Metal that flew into the holes and began breaking things even further.He smiled devilishly as the ceiling began to collapse, stone and ice fall all around the group. "I may not see it written," he yelled over the great groans above. "But I will be recovered, dead or alive, by my employers, and my name will be written in history as the one who found the Eyes!"It was not long before he had been buried, in the spot where the most rocks were falling. Now it was only a matter of trying to stop what little remained to fall on them, or deciding if they had continued to run before it had gotten to that point.As well, had anyone taken that moment where he was not paying attention to take the Eyes from his cloak?

Edited by Parugi, Jan 06 2012 - 01:52 AM.

  • 0

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020

 - Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven - ??? - ??? -


#969 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

  • 7,970 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 08:25 AM

Alan/Tyis Island, En Route to The SearcherIC:

Alan studied the different attacks flying at the Searcher. C'mon, c'mon something sonic... There! Some random toa used a sonic attack. Useless on its own, of course... But Alan's mask was whirring and glowing, copying the power as quickly as it could. He just had to make his voice heard and orchestrate this effort. Why not? He wasn't a great leader, but he had a feeling of exactly what the weakness was.

Eryn/Tyis Island, En Route to the SearcherIC:

Eryn closed the compartment and, giving a wave to Sanshou, sprang into action. The AI leaped over the the water between the island and the mainland, leaped again to land on the outskirts of the city. A few more jumps and she'd be there. Her power was so useful at times...

Khadbaen/Gynel, Hunting for the RoseIC:

Khad nodded to the left tunnel, which was unblocked. "Hohwehvehr, Ah thihnk thehre's ah smahll tuhnnehl leahdihn' ihnto the right. Shouhld tahke thaht tooh."Cannon Fodder kept marching forward, ready for anything that could jump at him. Feranakki? Sure. Rahi? Why not? Rahkshi? Well, if he could. The matoran stared straight ahead, knowing he would more than likely die.

  • 0

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.


#970 Offline Agnes Oblige

Agnes Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Storyteller

  • 4,330 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 10:59 AM

IC: Vertak, Kia Island Tunnel:Vertak had indeed activated his Volitak- and had he been completely visible, everyone would have seen the rather comical sight of his eyes bulging out when he was nearly buried alive, the eyes safely stowed in his cloak now.MAKUTA BONES, WHAT THE HECK?! He mentally screamed. This place does NOT want me to have the eyes!He leapt away towards Zaydan, holding his shield up to protect himself; he made it barely, though his brand new shield ended up crushed. Vertak glanced back, panting."I hate this island." he said. "And I really wish we knew who Tarius's employers are... or were. I would assume he's dead, but honestly at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he's not."Vertak then addressed the group that had orginally been working with Tarius, who were all on the other side of the collapse."You can... go wherever, I guess." he told them. "If you want to help save the universe... well, contact me sometime. Vertak of Team Zero."He spoke then to Zaydan. "Come on... we better go."-ibrow
  • 0

Chapter 7

book_1_logo_super_small.jpg

 

With five more dead, Voltex prepares to hunt down the final traitor.


#971 Offline Cosmic Titan

Cosmic Titan
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

  • 2,100 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 03:48 PM

OOC: I removed the part where Sol and Marx went to see the Searcher. I don't think they would notice. They want to go home too much.IC: Slate turned to sand to avoid the cave in. He moved out of the cave and brought his sword with him. OOC: I have an ending for Sol and Marx. But I don't have one for Toxin. And I have a few ideas for Slate and a few involve fire. :sly:

Edited by infinitus, Jan 06 2012 - 09:39 PM.

  • 0

#972 Online Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,588 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 04:02 PM

OOC: Eryn must have some powerful legs if she can leap from an island to another island...IC - Deskun - Kia Island Tunnel: As the others moved to head back to the surface, Deskun stared cautiously at the pile of rocks under which Tarius had buried himself. "You think it's safe to leave him here?" he asked. "For all we know that could have just been a trick."IC - The Searcher - South District: That random Toa's attack had no damaging effect on the Searcher as he struck one of the Construct's tentacles. What did happen was an indicator of what happened when you tried and succeeded in hitting one of its probes. The tentacle stopped moving, its end turning to face the Toa. There was no telling what he saw in that split second; however, a moment later, he started screaming. Loudly. A howling, terrified scream that made it obvious that every sense of logical mind was gone from the being's mind; all that remained was pure and utter horror, as if his darkest fears, his greatest pain had reemerged.As such it was probably no surprise that he began to hightail it in the opposite direction, while at the same time beginning to try and claw out his own eyes.And the Searcher? It continued as if nothing had happened, tentacles sweeping and searching. Soon enough it would have done the same to all of South District, leaving no sign of damage to the place as it went; in that event, it would move on, toward West District.IC - Specter - Tunnels: By now, Specter's group had entered the northern tunnels. Currently leading them along, the Toa of Ectoplasm had one hand held out, illuminating the area. It was unsettling being back here; so much death, so many residual spirits lingering in the area... if she wasn't mistaken, she almost felt as if that higher presence from Ruaki was still somewhere in the air...Up ahead, a scuttling movement caught her attention. She stopped in her tracks, glaring into the darkness. "Wasponax, you mind checking it out?" she whispered, her other hand on her comm device to report a first encounter -- assuming this was a Feranaki, at any rate.IC - Reaper - Tunnels: They had been walking for a good ten minutes when Reaper came to a sudden halt, holding up a hand to signal for the others to stop as well. Moving forward a few feet, he held a hand out, two fingers pushed together.A sharp, though quiet snap! sounded from his hand, echoing down the tunnel. Reaper's eyes were closed as he did this, listening. Then he looked at the others."Six Feranaki coming this way," he said quietly. "Get ready for their arrival."IC - Mechanic - Tunnels: Mechanic nodded, turning in that direction -- and then stopped.His flashlight had settled on the large, spiked back of a gargantuan creature. A sickly green in color, its broad shoulders stretched from one end of the tunnel to the other as it lopsided lumbered down the tunnel, away from them. Luckily, the Breaker was facing away, though it wouldn't be for long.Mechanic held a hand toward Khadbaen's guns. "Fire and plasma," he said, recalling the instructions given by the Shadowed One and Reaper. He looked at the Turaga behind him. "Fate, burn it," he ordered as quietly as possible.
  • 0

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020

 - Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven - ??? - ??? -


#973 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 04:34 PM

IC: Lux Saran and Delta Stratos - Kia Island TunnelsLux shrugged in response to the Skakdi, 'Dunno. Maybe, maybe not. Either way, we better get going. As great as this place is, I'd much rather not become a permanent resident.'Delta nodded, 'Yeah, let's go home. I've had far too much excitement for one day.'Her companion smiled, and winked at her, 'Alright then, let's go. Gotta keep forg-''Don't! I've had enough of your jokes for the rest of my life!' she snapped.'Ah c'mon. You know you like them.''Just keep talking funny boy, see how far it gets ya.'-Void
  • 0

#974 Offline Kal the Guardian

Kal the Guardian
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Flying Force!

  • 2,311 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 07:18 PM

IC / West District / Backing Up: Draxion frowned as Swerv drove them back towards the West District, where it seemed the searcher was heading. “That didn’t work, either,” the Rahkshi said, “And I still don’t see anybody being hurt.” Swerv sounded confused, “Why build something this big if it can’t make things explode?” Draxion gave the robot a questioning glance. Shrugging, Swerv said, “It’s just a question. Anyway, do you think we should even try to stop this thing? What if it’s good?” Scratching under his eye, Draxion frowned again, “I don’t know. All the other ones have caused chaos sooner or later.”IC / Gynel / With Reaper, Cannon Fodder, and Quicksilver: Sevorik rolled his neck to loosen up and gripped his batons. Just go for the bulbs. What was he worrying about, anyway? His skin was basically indestructible thanks to limited invulnerability. Plus he could dodge almost everything. Yes, he would live. Hopefully. IC / Gynel / With Khad, Toxin, and Mechanic: “Pleasure,” Desoria said as she pointed her axe at the Breaker. A small fireball shot out and struck the creature’s back. Upon contact, the flames suddenly seemed to explode with power. Of course Desoria had just used the fireball to get the flames to the enemy so that she could manipulate them. If all worked out, the Breaker would soon be burned to a crisp. Although she couldn’t exactly hide the sound of the flames, so whether it would benefit them in the long run remained to be seen.
  • 0

-----------------------------

Under Reconstruction

-----------------------------


#975 Offline Agnes Oblige

Agnes Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Storyteller

  • 4,330 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 07:21 PM

IC: Vertak, Kia Island:As he stepped into the open air, Vertak took a deep breath of relief before speaking to Zaydan and Rhindon."Alright. Let's go back to Team Zero base." he said, facing Kai-Nam. "We have the Eyes, and one half of the Sword of Ybrus. I'm beginning to feel like the Ring can indeed be stopped."He paused to think for a moment before speaking to Zaydan."I assume you met with the Turaga in South District." he replied. "When we get back, if you could try and get him to come to Team Zero base... also, how did you get here? Because it'll be exhausting to use my gravity to fling us all to Kai-Nam."-ibrow
  • 0

Chapter 7

book_1_logo_super_small.jpg

 

With five more dead, Voltex prepares to hunt down the final traitor.


#976 Offline Magnus Greel

Magnus Greel
  • Members
  • Submerged!

  • 1,198 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 07:57 PM

IC: Hexxon: KNPD: After his eyes filled with horror, Hexxon gave a long, deep groan, followed by a sigh. Another monster roamed around the city, like the one he encountered in the Arena, but this one was more like a jelly fish.The images of the rebels mentioned by the Director caught his attention, especially three of them: Kairan, Alan, and Kerid, all of which he saw at the Day Run competition during the fight."I've seen some of them before -- at the skirmish between that creature in the Day Run Arena. It's quite possible that they could be showing up to battle this new one, using their knowledge of the last one, like me."If Hexxon appeared there with the rebels, helped stop this threat, he might be able to follow and then catch one. It was worth a try, he guessed."I can head there, get their scents, and track them down from there," he said. "These troublesome rebels cannot hide from me once I have their energy signatures."IC: Wasponax: Gynel:Wasponax complied, but instead of heading over to inspect the creature himself, he detatched a portion of his insects. While the relatively small group investigated, the rest of the swarm could stay back in safety, and they were more than ready to disperse, stab, or kill if the thing lashed out.

Edited by Magnus Greel, Jan 06 2012 - 07:57 PM.

  • 0

#977 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

  • 7,970 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 09:04 PM

OOC: She's using her arms as jumpjets. =P

Alan/Tyis Island, Close to the Searcher\IC:

Alan winced at seeing what happened to the toa, his unearthly screams made all the worse by his element. Definitely didn't want to hit those things... But he wouldn't be aiming at them, would he? The mask clicked one last time and the glow faded, signaling that the process was almost complete. Just a bit longer... Those tentacles definitely weren't the weakness. However, something much smaller, harder to hit, and generally miniscule... Yeah, that was probably it. And if not... Well, they'd likely anger the thing to karzahni.

Eryn/Tyis Island, En Route to the Searcher\IC:

Eryn leaped again, seeing various being flinging attacks from different angles. One in partcular sent some sound waves that hit a tentacle. He then seemed to go insane. Seemed shockingly similar to Tren Krom. She pondered this as she descended.

Khadbaen and Cannon Fodder/Gynel, Hunting for the Rose\IC:

Khad switched his bullet-firing pistols and aimed four laser pistols at the creature's back. Once the fireball had been launched, the Steltian released a volley of lasers to add to the attack.One of the feranaki leaped from the darkness, aiming to tear the first being it saw to shreds. That happened to be Cannon Fodder. In a flash, the matoran had flipped over the feranki, despite his weight, and placed his longsword through the center of its back. He immediately followed with wrapping one of his chains around its neck and snapping its head from its socket. Next came a kick that flipped it, followed by a dagger stabbed a few times into the bulb. The matoran then flung the corpse into the darkness, likely to be mauled by its companions. Sure, it probably wasn't downed. But that likely put the doubts of the others to rest.OOC: Sorry if that was assuming too much. =P

Edited by Toa of Dancing, Jan 06 2012 - 11:03 PM.

  • 0

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.


#978 Offline Cosmic Titan

Cosmic Titan
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui

  • 2,100 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 10:11 PM

IC: A swarm of sand grains moved around and found a Matoran and Toa. He then turned into a humanoid shape and the returned to his Toa form. He sheathed his sword. He said, "Vertak sorry I attacked you. Please don't let either side get those Eyes. Um if you have a ship or something could I get a ride back to the main island?" He looked at Vertak's sword and he could tell somethign was off with it. But what?IC: The Feranaki terrified Toxin. He conjured highly toxic poisonious gas cloud around one of the Feranaki that looked as if it had once been a Toa. He really hoped these things needed to breathe and the toxic chemicals could damage them.
  • 0

#979 Online Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,588 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 10:19 PM

IC - Mechanic - Tunnels: Khadbaen's attacks were pointless; as always, as soon as the fire had spread across the Breaker's body, the thing was doomed, quickly collapsing in a heap of burning waste before it could so much as look at its attackers. Mechanic moved forward as it fell, keeping a cautious eye on it, and then motioned for the others to follow."Looks like we go this way," he said, indicating an opening in the wall by the burning beast, as the area in front of it was blocked off. "No doubt there are more where that came from. Keep an eye on the tunnel behind us as we move."IC - Reaper - Tunnels: Reaper continued to keep a sonaric eye on the approaching Feranaki as Cannon Fodder dispatched the first one. To his interest, a couple of them seemed to vanish from the area, leaving three to continue forward while two... disappeared...Now where could they have gone? he wondered as the other three came toward Cannon and whoever else was at the front of the group... Then he whipped around, remembering the walls of these tunnels -- and not a moment too late. Part of the wall opened up, and the two vanishing Feranaki stumbled through, skidding to a halt as they turned to face the Dark Hunters. Without a moment's hesitation, the Toa turned toward them, plasma blade humming threateningly.In the moment it took for one of the Feranaki to attack him, Reaper had gotten a good look at it. A white and gold Skakdi, wounds on it similar to burns... crushed chest armor where it had been squeezed... a scepter mutated into its arm, acting as a sort of blade... his dead eyes staring at the Toa from a broken-necked head...The rush of familiarity had caught the Toa off guard, causing him to just barely his his blade to deflect the scepter. Puching back against the plasma-resistant tool, he whipped his shield off of his back, placing it in front of himself and scanning the Skakdi for a weakpoint. Finding none, he decided to push forward, slashing diagonally at the Feranaki. It met his attack again; to the Toa's surprise, it shifted its face toward him -- its actual, displaced face, the all too familiar Skakdi that had come to Gynel seeking his god. Its eyes glowed;Reaper had to shut his tightly to make sure the effects of the Skakdi's immobility vision did not take hold.He pushed back again, glaring out from over his shield. That was strange... No other Feranaki had ever been able to access thwe powers it had had before being turned... Was this a new mutation, or had Ruaki messed up during his infection of Therapon the Priest? From that sounds of a stone burst that was sent at Sevorik from a Feranaki-Toa, as well as a lava ball sent toward Quicksilver by the Feranaki that had flanked them with Therapon, it wasn't a unique feature of the Skakdi's infection."Access to powers won't save you, Therapon," the Toa growled. Rushing forward again, he toko another swing at the Skakdi...IC - ? - Tunnels: Further down the tunnel from Specter and her companions -- as Wasponax's probing found -- stood four of the infected monsters -- two Toa, a Matoran and another, larger being that easily took up half of the large tunnel; something that, to knowing eyes, would look like a mix between a Breaker and a regular Feranaki. They did not attack, though they did seem to notice the bugs -- especially as they disappeared into the walls a moment later.Within minutes, they would reappear, one appearing in front, behind and to either side of the Dark Hunters.IC - The Searcher -South/West District: There were two common themes to the attacks on the Searcher. One was that none of the attacks were doing anything; they all seemed to be bouncing off opf the creature in one way or another.The other theme was that, while the thing was not attacking anyone, those that struck its tentacles continued to go insane and flee the scene in terror, as if their darkest fears were coming to life before their eyes.Now the thing was above West District, continuing to search...IC - The Director - KNPD HQ: "Then go," the Director said. "The sooner we deal with them, the sooner this war ends -- less diversion means more focus on our primary enemies."IC - ? - Kia Island Tunnel: As the group left -- Deskun at the very back, having cast one last loko at the pile of rocks that buried the Toa of Magnetism --a soft sphere of energy rose through the rocks, purple in color. It was present for only a moment; then it dissipated...OOC: And here seems to be where a split occurs between One and Day Run...
  • 0

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020

 - Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven - ??? - ??? -


#980 Offline Magnus Greel

Magnus Greel
  • Members
  • Submerged!

  • 1,198 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 10:45 PM

IC: Hexxon: KNPD: Hexxon nodded and was out the door, heading off to the front gates again. Hopefully the sight of that Construct would have frightened the angry crowd away. With the sheer size of the creature, he doubted it would be hard to see or find it.His short talons clicked against the floor of the hall as he walked away from the Director's chamber. The officer soon returned to an intangible state to pass through the doors and walls again, despite having a difficult time in the area he was in. With reduced density, he moved faster down the corridors, and began thinking of an efficient way to trap one of the rebels.IC: Wasponax: Gynel: The tiny scouts rejoined the mass of Wasponax, which began twisting into a new shape. "Four creatures up ahead, including a particularly large one," the insects reported in union. "They vanished into the sides of the tunnel, so they are hiding, fleeing, or frightened."
  • 0

#981 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

  • 7,970 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 06 2012 - 11:07 PM

OOC: Therapon? Nice. Very nice.

Alan/Tyis Island, Following to the SearcherIC:

Alright... finished. Alan took a deep breath and, with a booming voice, commanded the entire city. "Everyone! Focus upon making a pathway to that small, seemingly insignificant, dot. Air users, telekinesis users, everyone that can move the nanobots aside, create the funnel between the three eyes. Everyone else, throw all that you have down the funnel we create and destroy that thing from the inside."If this didn't work... Well, it would be embarrasing for sure. Plus, it would probably invoke it to further action. Kill them all, too. But pessimism never got anyone anywhere, so the kasuba instead put forth his elemental energies into creating a tunnel to the core.

Eryn/Tyis Island, En Route to the SearcherIC:

Eryn heard Alan loud and clear. Why not? she landed on a rooftop, opening her compartment for Waiter, and shifted her arms into miniguns. These she immediately began firing into the tunnel that was hopefully being formed between the eyes. This was so not going to work...

Khadbaen and Cannon Fodder/Gynel, Hunting for the RoseIC:

Khad shrugged and kept walking. A bit too smooth... Oh well. Maybe luck was with them. "Lehft ahgaihn."Cannon Fodder sliced a tentacle that had come dangerously close to his eyeholes. These weren't mindless, eh? That'd make things harder. But not impossible. Or maybe this was impossible. The matoran didn't know. He just cut another tentacle while sliding under a third.

  • 0

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.


#982 Online Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,588 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 02:11 AM

IC - The Searcher - West District: Alan and the others could try all they waited to move the nanobots. While Alan had guessed its weakness correctly -- the tiny, curled-up figure that was what remained of Khazra/Chabri within its gelatinous body -- there was simply no way to get a clear, side-ways shot at it with the way those three orbs were set within the body -- floating in the gel, connected to Khazra's body, slowly spinning horizontally. The only way to create a funnel leading directly to Khaxzra would be through the very top of the Construct's body -- the most durable part of it -- or below, amidst the thousands of writhing, insanity-inducing tentacles.Not to mention, an attack on its core, which literally was Khazra, would kill the being as well -- not that Alan could possibly know that, even if he did or did not want it to happen.No; as things stood, there was still no effect. Energy and elemental attacks had had their place in a Construct's destruction before; now was the time for physical action, which would bear unknown consequences to those who attempted to get inside of the Construct and take out its core -- as would soon be found out.In the meantime, sensing the attempt to unify those below against it, a set of tentacles raised in Alan's direction. While not extremely close to the Kasuba, they could get the job done. For a moment, it seemed as if nothing had happened; within moments, however, the former KNPD officer would feel his worst fears beginning to come to life around him, unfathomable horror taking hold of his mind in mere seconds...Below, the others continued to look. One or two seemed to have found something; virtually invisible amongst the masses and masses of tentacles covering the city, they wrapped around small objects, slowly bringing them toward its underside. Upon closer inspection, these would appear to be black-armored Matoran, who could do nothing but watch as they were brought closer and closer to the body of the beast.IC - Reaper/Feranaki - Tunnels: Six Feranaki. One dead Toa, killed by Cannon; one Skakdi, Therapon, fighting against Reaper; two other Toa, one that could use stone fighting Sevorik, one fighting Cannon Fodder along with one Matoran; and one Steltian, capable of throwing lava, concentrating on Quicksilver for the time being.That was what they were up against -- and in Reaper's opinion, it was an impressively even fight, at least for now.The Toa and Matoran had damaged tentacles, but they had the rest of their anatomy to work with as well. That was why, as Cannon slid underneath the Toa, the Matoran aimed to slash a weak spot on his armor with the bone of its non-tentacle arm -- cut in half long ago, its bone had been transformed into a deadly blade in and of itself. The Toa, meanwhile, slammed its hand into the ground, causing a ripple of earth to shoot toward the Dark Hunter.Reaper, meanwhile, had to quickly summon a shield of ice to deflect an ice burst from the infected Therapon. The attack reflected off of it, striking the wall. The Toa used this to his advantage; turning invisible, he slid forward, slicing at the Skakdi's leg. While he did not cut all the way through, he succeeded in hurting it somewhat, almost causing it to topple over. His movements, however, had put him in a position to be very narrowly cut by the Skakdi's scepter. Rolling back, he hurriedly observed the slightly bleeding wound; to his understanding, infection only passed on from an infection form, though he wasn't about to take chances.Now royally ticked off, however, he glared at the Skakdi as it rushed toward him. Growling, he threw a hand out at the bulbous thing on its chest, summoning ice energy into his hand.The Skakdi quickly found itself impaled on an ice spike -- and its parasite destroyed as a result.Dissipating the ice, Reaper allowed the thing to fall back, dead. He glared down at it for a moment, and then, turning to Cannon Fodder's attackers, he launched a burst of sound at their bodies.IC - Specter/Feranaki - Tunnels: "Feranaki don't get frightened, nor do they flee," Specter said. "Which means..."She was cut off as the Feranaki suddenly appeared from all around -- one in the back, in the front, two on either side. Within a second she had extended the chain from her gauntlet, turning to face the attacker behind them -- one of the two Toa, whose dead eyes stared out at her. To her left was the Matoran, the other Toa to her right, and behind her was the large, Breaker-like being."Any preferences on who fights whom?" she asked. "Ikssrss, I suggest you get the things by the walls; hit the infection forms in their chests. Wasponax... distract that thing."IC - Lurinost/Sensha - Central: As many others had either fled inside or gone to fight the Construct, Lurinost had merely stood in the doorway of the KNPD headquarters. The crowd had fled at the sight of the thing, so there was nothing more to worry about from them. And yet... she did not feel like fighting it right now...Perhaps a visit to the Director was in order.She noted Sensha's mecha heading toward the Searcher, wings spread, charging through the crowds. Lurinost watched with interest, and then sighed. Why fight something that was docile until attacked, she wondered? She, personally, saw no point in it...IC - Lyxek - Ring HQ: As Lyxek watched the chaos that was beginning to ensue in City, he couldn't help but let a smile cross his lips. He was seated in his throne still, a drink in one hand, legs crossed as he looked at the large screen before him. Guards and other Ring personnel -- many of them having returned from wherever he had sent them to earlier -- were gathered in the room, guarding against any other interruptions and attacks. Lyxek seemed ignorant to their presence, however, too focused was he on the scene before him.Yes, my Construct, he thought to himself. Go forth. Devour those who know the way... and show my partner where he must gather his followers... He took a sip of his drink, setting it down. Soon enough...
  • 0

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020

 - Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven - ??? - ??? -


#983 Offline More Fierce Than Fire

More Fierce Than Fire
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

  • 14,647 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 10:33 AM

IC: Chyff had survived the cave-in using a shield of ice. It looked like the Eyes were safely out of the wrong hands. He could report back to the Director nowIC: Ikssrss nodded and leapt up onto Specter's shoulders, using her as a springboard to leapt towards the creatures on the wall. As he descended from the jump he took careful aim with his accuracy powers and chucked a couple of throwing knives at the Feranaki's chests, aiming for the infection like Specter said. He doubted it would be that easy though, so had his staff ready as soon as he'd landed
  • 0

The bells were ringing in the dale

And men looked up with faces pale

smaug.jpg

The dragon's ire more fierce than fire

Laid low their towers and houses frail


#984 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

  • 7,970 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 12:10 PM

Alan/Following to the SearcherIC:

"Dang it," said Alan, immediately snapping his eyes shut. No... This wasn't real... It was an illusion... Trying to drive him mad... He could only see it, not feel it... Right? Well, he could feel the Searcher. That was horrible in and of itself. But his element seemed pretty useless for attacking it. So why not defend himself while diving straight in there? He just needed to not open his eyes... not go insane. The kasuba, feeling like a bat, flew to a position above the massive thing. This was probably going to hurt...Eryn/Near the SearcherIC:Alan had just been attacked... Well, that wasn't good. But he seemed to hold against it pretty well. "I don't want to endanger you, Waiter, because what I'm just about to do something very smart or very stupid. Either way, I'm going to get attacked by this thing, and I don't want you in the crossfire. Therefore, see you later," she said before leaping to another roof."Alright, big boy, let's do this," she muttered, forming her arms into a single cannon. As ammo, she loaded it with miniature explosives, shrapnel, anything that would make that thing target her and only her. Hopefully it wouldn't have an effect on and AI. Either way, she was about to find the answer. Eryn fired the cannon into the base of the tenctacles, the spread hitting as many as she could. Time to see how it would react to a robot... and if she would "die" as a result.

Khadbaen and Cannon Fodder/Gynel, Hunting for the RoseIC:"Aht thihs rahte, weh'll beh thehre vehreh soohn... Straihght," muttered Khad, assuming their general position. Too easy, far too easy...

Cannon Fodder quickly sheathed his dagger and whipped both shortsword from their sheaths. He bocked the bone with one while aiming sweeping its legs with one of his own. If that succeeded, the matoran would be downed for just long enough to focus on the toa - or get pummeled by earth. The matoran leaped to the side, dodging the attack from the toa just in time. Grunting, he backed away from both, readying himself for more attacks.

OOC: I really hate it when it does this...


Edited by Toa of Dancing, Jan 07 2012 - 12:29 PM.

  • 0

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.


#985 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

  • 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 02:10 PM

OOC: The split happened the moment Kairan met up with Sanshou. I doubt that he'd let anything happen, to Vailian, to Sanshou, or any of those people, or he would die as well. =P But yeah, unless someone can get the eyes and mask...-==IC: Zaydan//Kia Island==-Zaydan nodded at the first question, and then to answer Vertak's second question, switched to the Kadin he used to get there."The Turaga gave this to me to help get here to help you." Zaydan said, and nodded at the request."I will try to, though he might listen to you as well, especially if he knows you got the Eyes." Zaydan said, and then frowned, as he looked toward the mainland."What's that?" Zaydan asked, curiously, as he pointed toward where the Searcher seemed to be located.-==IC: Kairan//South District==-Kairan frowned, as he reached land, and then ran toward the Searcher, not exactly having any idea in mind, as he gripped his sword with both hands, and tried to find the best place to attack for it to hit the dot... However, he couldn't see anything.OOC: How does the tentacle stuff work? What if something might have already tried that in the past? Though... I might have an idea if it tries to make fears become reality... And then set up something essentially as a cliffhanger. =P
  • 0

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster


#986 Offline Emissary

Emissary
  • Members
  • OTC Writer of the Month

  • 2,658 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 02:18 PM

IC: Lux Saran and Delta Stratos - Kia IslandLux breathed in the fresh air, thankful to be out of that doom pit. Delta, on the other hand, was glancing around, checking for the airship. She was praying that no one had taken it before they got there.OOC: Parugi, is the airship still on the island.-Void
  • 0

#987 Online Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,588 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 03:14 PM

OOC: Yeah, it is. :)Blade: Basically, it makes you think that everything you fear -- and especially what you fear most -- is coming to life around you, to such extremes that your sanity goes out the window in a matter of seconds.I'm not sure what you mean by, "if something had tried that in the past," so no response to that. :3IC - The Searcher - West/Central District: Considering the very large number of tentacles hanging from the Construct, Eryn's distraction was fairly insignificant. While some of them did go after her, as they had done to everyone else, there were still thousands more sweeping across City, continuing to search -- and they were now moving, along with the body, eastward, toward Central, having found only part of what the thing had been looking for in West District.Those being about five Matoran, caught by a tentacle each, unnoticed in the swarm of appendages. And then there were none, as they were brought to the Construct's body, placed inside of the gel-like substance and quickly dissolved.As it moved, the tentacles set to work on responding to Eryn's attack. They did not try the fear tactic this time; instead, they continued to elongate and stretch toward her, threatening to rip her apart.At this point, as an attack from Kaorus bounced off of its hull and a rocket from the newly-arrived Sensha exploded harmlessly against its body, on top of the attacks from all of the others, backing down and letting this thing do whatever it was doing was quickly becoming the most desirable option, especially considering it only seemed to attack when attacked itself.IC - Reaper/Feranaki - Tunnels: The infected Matoran, however, managed to avoid its opponents sweep -- as well as Reaper's sonic blast -- by jumping back, catching onto the wall and staying there for a moment, eyes glowing menacingly. A moment later, a clawed hand of earth had risen from underneath the Dark Hunter, aiming to grab him -- and very likely to succeed, as a wall of earth appeared behind Cannon Fodder to block an escape that way. The Matoran waited until the Dark Hunter was distracted by that before leaping forward again, swinging his tentacled arm at the Hunter's face.Reaper, meanwhile, slid between the (assumed) fights between Quicksilver and Sevorik and their respective opponents, moving behind the Toa that was attacking Cannon Fodder. Swinging his plasma blade, he managed to slice into one of its sensory tentacles before it had turned around and swung at him, forcing him back a step.IC - Specter/Feranaki - Tunnels: Ikssrss succeeded in downing the infected Matoran, who crumpled to the floor as the dagger embedded itself in its chest. The Toa, however? Not so much; it managed to swing an arm, knocking the blade out of the air before charging down the short distance toward the Rahkshi, swinging its powerful tentacle arm at the Dark Hunter's face.Specter stayed where she was, raising a hand and launching a burst of ectoplasm at the other Toa-Feranaki. To her annoyance, it managed to block the attack -- and respond with a burst of plasma from its own hand. Surprised, she jumped to the side, pressing against the wall, before spinning around and swinging her chain at it.IC - Mechanic - Tunnels: They were certainly getting closer to the primary cavern, but soon? Mechanic had to doubt that; they hadn't been moving for that long. Plus, the lack of a large number of Feranaki suggested that they still had a ways to go.He didn't say anything, however.As they came to another block in the path, the Dark Hunter extended several smaller arms from his body to quicken his attempt to clear it -- mostly because this block seemed to be bigger than the last one. Strange...Behind the group, further into the darkness of the tunnel, several distant noises could be heard -- a bit of scuttling; some sort of rasping sound; what you would expect from dragging a rope across the ground...
  • 0

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020

 - Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven - ??? - ??? -


#988 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

  • 7,970 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 03:40 PM

Alan/Following to the SearcherIC:

Maybe letting it just keep going would have been the best option - but Alan saqw a few matoran get grabbed by it. Despite not seeing it, he could faintly feel their bodies get absorbed amongst the writhing mass of tentacles... It had to be stopped, just for that. As he pulled in his wings to dive, he tried not to think about what was about to happen. He just knew he had to put forth all his power into getting to Khazra without being eaten. Thus, creating a telekinetic cone around himself, he dropped into the top of the mass.

Eryn/Near the SearcherIC:

Another firing, and another. Get all the tentacles she could after her, the expendable robot. When the tentacles got rather close, she morphed one arm back into a minigun and the other into a massive, flexible sword. "Come and get me!" she yelled, aiming to slash the first tentacle. Her minigun was constantly spraying into the other tentacles, hitting as many as she could.

Khadbaen and Cannon Fodder/Gynel, Hunting for the RoseIC:

Khad heard it. He had four pistols ready, two laser and two normal. "Beh wahreh. Ahnd tahke a lehft - noh, waiht, rihght."Ah! Perfect oppotunity. Fodder charged forward, leaping over the matoran's tentacle. He then leaped again, aiming to stab through the toa's back and its bulb.

  • 0

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.


#989 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

  • 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 03:48 PM

OOC: Like, say, if something similar had happened, maybe not enough that your sanity was destroyed, but enough so that if you survived a good deal of your old fears would be gone. =P Of course; fears can always be replaced by new ones... And dang, I knew I forgot a reply...-==IC: Kairan//Fighting The Searcher==-Kairan growled, even as he ran toweard the construct even faster. He sent a spiraling arc of lightning toward some of the tentacles targetting Eryn, however, just kept running.Maybe I can find another way to target this thing... Kairan thought, as he noticed what little the attacks were doing on that side... and did not see any other way to look around the other sides at the moment... So the only way he could get to the other side, from his perspective... Was under the Construct itself.OOC: If you don't want me doing that, just throw me away, it might be better if the Searcher activates his fear power anyway... However, an idea I have regarding that and a potential way to help this cause, is... What happens if what you fear most, is something so horrible, you wish to lash out at what caused it, provided it comes true?
  • 0

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster


#990 Offline Agnes Oblige

Agnes Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Storyteller

  • 4,330 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 03:58 PM

IC: Vertak, Kia Island:Vertak shrugged in response to the question."You guys got here somehow- I haven't destroyed whatever you used. And I accept the apology. It was the heat of the moment."Turning to Zaydan, he waved towards the mainland."Let's go to South District and find out- here's hoping, of course, that Lyccir is still alive." He then spoke into his remote connected to the Tumbler. "Meet us in South District."-ibrow
  • 0

Chapter 7

book_1_logo_super_small.jpg

 

With five more dead, Voltex prepares to hunt down the final traitor.


#991 Online Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,588 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 04:02 PM

OOC: Theeeen you wouldn't have any fears and the Construct would just try to rip you apart.And if you lashed out what you feared, then it would continue to amplify what fear you do have until your mind can't handle it and you become a sniveling wreck completely incapable of action. With no increased ability to do damage to the thing. :3Do bear in mind that what the tentacles cause you to see is all in your head -- it doesn't make fears a reality.IC - The Searcher - Central: The assumption seemed to be that each tentacle would go after whatever hit it. That was not the case; with some of its tentacles already after the robot, there was no need to divert anymore after her.Further, they weren't breaking. And if she didn't run soon, out of their range, she was going be pummeled -- the sheer speed at which they were swiping at her now, blocking them as she may have been, was a testament to that. It wouldn't be long before she was overwhelmed.As for Alan, he dropped into the gel-like mass below him...... and bounced off. Painfully. It was like slamming into a twelve-layer-thick wall of Protosteel. To add insult to injury, the Searcher continued to ignore him as it swept its feelers across Central, snatching up and absorbing one more Matoran before moving north.Aside from increasing the fear that he was feeling, anyway. That was the only attention it was giving to him. And unless the Kasuba moved away, very quickly, he was going to find himself in a mental asylum once all was said and done -- eyes closed or not.Meanwhile, the tentacle that Kairan had attacked turned to the Toa, seeming to warp reality around him as it brought his fears to his mental foreground...OOC: Where exactly are Kairan, Waiter and Eryn at right now, anyway?IC - Reaper/Feranaki - Tunnels: It was as Cannon jumped through the air that the Matoran switched tactics, seeing as nothing complex seemed to be working.It wrapped a tentacle around the Dark Hunter's leg as he was leaping through the air, tripping him and causing his attack to miss the Toa by inches. Then it began to reel him in -- and finding that he was too heavy to do that, it leaped toward him, aiming to rip and tear at him while he was on the ground.IC - Mechanic/Feranaki - Tunnels: "Sounds like the Rose has detected our presence," Mechanic noted as he continued to work; behind them, the sounds seemed to fade out as the things moved away. "Keep an eye out while I clear the path."
  • 0

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020

 - Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven - ??? - ??? -


#992 Offline Magnus Greel

Magnus Greel
  • Members
  • Submerged!

  • 1,198 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 04:08 PM

IC: Hexxon: KNPD:Hexxon emerged from the KNPD headquarters, continuing to reduce his density to move faster. The Searcher was one of the first things he saw as he phased through the front gates. Seeing it in person was more intimidating than the image on the screen to him. Luckily -- or maybe not so lucky -- the Construct was over Central, so that saved him the trouble of flying far off to fight it.The black and gold-armored being raised his fingers to his mouth, took in a large breath, and released a loud whistle. A brown and blue-colored, winged form shot into the sky from a set of close by buildings. Anar the dragon flapped his wings, swooping down and landing by his master. Without a minute to spare, Hexxon leapt onto his pet. The pair ascended into the air to fly around the entire scene.IC: Wasponax: Gynel: "I was hoping that wasn't the case," the swarm had said as the Feranaki appeared. Normally, he wouldn't mind if the creatures attacked -- more food for him. But, he knew, with a touch, things wouldn't turn out nicely.Following Specter's orders, portions of insects parted from the others, flying up to the rather large Feranaki. They did sort of a dance above the monster's head to distract it, though still ready to dart away should it reach out, as the mas of bugs were.The rest of Wasponax warped and stretched and flowed. They were trying to keep the Feranaki occupied with their morphing shape, making sure to make it seem like they were trying to lash out, but then retract or swoop to the side. Confusion -- that was what they were up to.
  • 0

#993 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

  • 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 04:11 PM

-==IC: Zaydan//Kia Island==-Zaydan nodded."Right." Zaydan said to Vertak, and activated his Kadin, as he headed toward the mainland, and hoped that Vertak would follow shortly as he headed toward the South District.OOC: Well, obviously it's not really reality, but it'd seem that way to Kairan. =PAs for where Kairan is, I imagine that somewhere a while ago, in the stuff that happened while I was offline, he landed, which I touched on, and met up with everyone where the Searcher is now, and quickly more or less closed the distance, as I'm trying to have him slide under the creature now.-==IC: Kairan//Fighting The Searcher==-Kairan raised an eyebrow, as old things that he once feared started to be shown, and Kairan simply smirked, and laughed, as he continued to run."If you want to try that, you should probably learn some history. This isn't the first time I've had something like this happen to me." Kairan stated, as he continued to run and then tried to slide under the construct... However, he found it odd that it was starting to show him something he had started to dislike more recently.Rocks falling...? But I've only developed that after that incident... Kairan thought, but didn't pay any attention to it yet.OOC: Just tell me if that's not possible, and fling me back, and I'll continue what I had planned in a different way. =P
  • 0

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster


#994 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

  • 7,970 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 04:25 PM

OOC: lolEryn and Waiter are a few rooftops from each other. Where exactly, I don't know. In the city. XDAnd have fun having Kairan slide for a kio or so (I believe), Blade.

Alan/Above the SearcherIC:

It was a good thing that the telekinetic barrier took most of that. Still hurt, of course. Alan grunted as he recovered, circling above the massive creature. Well, seemed he might have to do this slowly. He "landed" on the Searcher, a thin barrier of telekinetic energy keeping him from actually touching it. Would he sink into it?

Eryn/Near the SearcherIC:

Change of plans, then. Eryn changed both arms yet again, turning them into massive air cannons. These launched powerful bursts of air to push the tentacles back. Meanwhile, she leaped back to another rooftop.

Khadbaen and Cannon Fodder/Gynel, Hunting for the RoseIC:

Khad pushed a boulder to the side, opening another small pathway... and the rocks continued. He swore and turned to look behind them. Feranaki could do some interesting things, and they were bound to use their little tricks any moment.Ow. Slamming face-first on the ground like that was rather painful. But Fodder never showed pain. He just kept going, like nothing ever happened. Therefore, he rolled and slashed the tentacle close to where it attached to his leg. He then tore the rest of it from his armor with the same slash that he executed to try and split the matoran's bulb in two. His other shortsword he brought to bear so that it would stab into the bulb in case the other missed.

  • 0

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.


#995 Online Pears Nivans

Pears Nivans
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Fluidic Master Defeated

  • 3,588 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 05:53 PM

OOC: It's not possible in the sense that it's not bringing his old fears to life.Anyway, I'm going to assume that you guys are still roughly in South District. Since that's where you were when this began and you have yet to have really moved at all. Which means if you're going to continue fighting it you're going to have to move north -- a lot north. :3IC - The Searcher - North District: The answer to Alan's mental inquiry was no, he would not sink in. The armored body of the Searcher was not a porous membrane through which it was absorbing substances; the only way to get in, it seemed, would be from the belly of the beast -- and to do that, one would have to get through the thousands of tentacles that covered its underside, on top of finding some way to avoid begin dissolved by the Construct's inner fluids.And on the subject of the tentacles, with so much force behind them, the air cannons did very little to slow them down as they chased Eryn. Once more, it was a case of flee or be ripped apart -- and with each failed attempt to block them, Eryn was only putting herself closer to the latter.Kairan, meanwhile was finding that the Searcher was not bringing to light his old fears; rather, the deepest, darkest ones that it could sense within his mind, those that bore the greatest influence on his being.And it continued to move north -- past North District.IC - Reaper/Feranaki - Tunnels: Cannon Fodder succeeded in killing the Matoran Feranaki, which stumbled back as its parasitic bulb was destroyed -- and then the world went dark around him as a shell of hard earth covered him, trapping the still-downed Matoran.As the Toa-Feranaki was focused on doing that, Reaper used the moment to his advantage. Activating his mask to blend into the darkness, he moved and slid forward, slashing out with his plasma blade. With one swing the Feranaki's legs were dismembered, causing it to fall to the ground; as it did it lashed out, catching him in the arm. Paying no heed to this he swiped at it, grabbing one of his daggers as he did. In one swift movement he had thrown it, the blade burying itself in the thing's chest.Turning to Quicksilver and Sevorik's battles, he slammed a hand on the ground. Ice spikes erupted from the ground shortly thereafter, shooting at such an angle as to impale both on their ends. A second later, the ice shattered from his influence, causing them to fall over, defeated.The Toa moved over to where the Matoran was being held, using his blade to cut the shell open, and then helped Cannon Fodder to his feet. "Let's move," he said. "before more of them show up." Without waiting for a response, he moved quickly down the tunnel, stopping at a seemingly random spot on the wall. His instincts told him to go forward, but a deeper feeling told him that the cavern was to the right. As such, he flashfroze the wall, and then shattered it, revealing another tunnel, which he quickly took to...OOC: Sorry to steal your fights, Kal and Blade, but we need to get a move on.IC - Specter/Feranaki - Tunnels: Wasponax's plan seemed to work, as the large Feranaki was successfully distracted by trying to crush the bugs.Specter, meanwhile, was caught in a stand-still with her opponent. Both were trying to whip each other in their most vital area -- that being, in Specter's case, her head, and in the Feranaki's case, its chest -- to no avail. Frustrated, the Dark Hunter turned intangible and ran forward. Passing straight through the thing, she turned tangible right behind it, slamming her elbow back and knocking it toward the others. As it stumbled, it lashed out with a burst of plasma, which she canceled with a blast of ectoplasm.It landed and rolled to right itself; as it did so, Specter's chain slashed across it, cutting it nearly in two, though not completely severing it in half. She moved in for the kill...IC - Mechanic/Feranaki - Tunnels: As Mechanic moved one of the larger boulders out of the way, something happened.The floor opened -- and the group fell inside. Completely caught by surprise, there was nothing the mechanical Dark Hunter could do before he found himself tumbling down a steep, rocky slope, the others alongside him.
  • 0

rotrbanner.png

~ Night Ride ~ Day Run: The Garden (I II III) ~ Perpetual ~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic ~

~ One ~ The Report ~

~ Broken Unity/Review ~

000 - 001 - 002 - 003 - 004 - 005 - 006 - 007 - 008 - 009 - 010 - 011 - 012 - 013 - 014 - 015 - 016 - 017 - 018 - 019 - 020

 - Decaia Holts - Vidinia LeJauso - Raimundo Rojo - Melanie Garven - Melissa Garven - ??? - ??? -


#996 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

  • 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 06:06 PM

OOC: Ah, I see. That was another possibility I had considered as well. Whoops. >>'-==IC: Quicksilver==-Quicksilver nodded, but was slightly sad that he didn't actually get to finish the fight, but followed Reaper quickly.Those... creatures... are intriguing. Quicksilver thought, as he ran back through his fight, even while following Reaper as fast as he could.-==IC: Kairan//Getting Taken Out By The Searcher==-Kairan frowned, as he realized what the Searcher was trying to do... Hwoever, he didn't pay much attention to it at first, ignoring the new fears he noticed he had obtained with not a ton of luck, but the thing that made him falter, and suddenly stop, was not anything that he could expect from his different adventures; not a cave collapsing, not giant cross-eyed golems, not rubble or explosions in general, nor insects of any sort... No; the thing that made him drop to his knees, and stare wide-eyed in front of him, was none of the above."No." Kairan said, as he stared at what seemed to be a dead Sanshou, lying on the ground, with a wound in her chest."No..." Kairan said again, not being able to grasp it, as he blinked, and then glared up at the Searcher, as a lightning bolt charged up in his hands."RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Kairan yelled out, a feral intensity surging in him, as he put as much power as he could into the bolt, and sent it flying toward the speck on the construct, not caring if it didn't work.OOC: *Whistles innocently* Also take note that he wasn't there when she said she wasn't going to join the fight. =P
  • 0

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster


#997 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

  • 7,970 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 06:11 PM

Alan/Above the SearcherIC:

Well, it seemed that there really was only one one way in there. Karzahni... Well, if he was going to die, it might as well be attempting to save innocent lives. Alan spread his wings and glided downwards and outwards, preparing himself for what was about to happen. Or not happen, he really didn't know. He just knew that tat the illusions were now screaming at him. Some were whispering, too. Disturbing, of course, but not enough to drive him to insanity. He just had to keep his eyes closed.

Eryn/Near the SearcherIC:

Eryn leaped over one tentacle and used the air cannons to help propel herself to another rooftop. She just had to keep going... Keep distracting it as much as she could.

Khadbaen and Cannon Fodder/Gynel, Hunting for the RoseIC:

"What the karzahni?!" Khad yelled as the earth below him suddenly disappeared. Wait, was this the way? A shortcut, or a deathtrap? He didn't know. To find the answer, he shot a laser down their path to illuminate it for a moment. His boots were ready to activate at any moment, of course.Fodder sheathed one sword and took Reaper's hand. He then brushed dirt from his legs and kept going, following the toa. When he opened the new pathway, the matoran just turned and kept trudging forward.

  • 0

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.


#998 Offline Agnes Oblige

Agnes Oblige
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • The Storyteller

  • 4,330 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 06:29 PM

IC: Vertak, Kia Island:Vertak rolled his eyes; he'd assumed Zaydan would fly him and Rhindon over to Kai-Nam as well, but evidently not. With the Sword unable to shadow teleport them, he was going to have to float them over himself."Here goes nothing." he said, jumping and activating his gravity powers.-ibrow
  • 0

Chapter 7

book_1_logo_super_small.jpg

 

With five more dead, Voltex prepares to hunt down the final traitor.


#999 Offline Tiz Arrior

Tiz Arrior
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Disintegration Resolved

  • 6,989 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 06:37 PM

OOC: Sorry. Evidentally I'm epic-failing at using mind reading today. Or even reading stuff in posts. Le sigh. =P-==IC: Zaydan//Ocean==-Zaydan looked back for a moment, and hoped that Vertak really could get across quickly, and frowned."If you need any help, just give the word, I could return, if you want." Zaydan said over the Team Crest, putting the offer out there, even though he hadn't realized that vertak had wanted help in the first place.
  • 0

The Pokemon Topic
RPG: Pokemon Rise of the Rockets

Zelda RPG unfortunately dead. =( Will look into eventually reviving it as a second RPG, or finishing it in an epic. Signature in progress.

My Blog: The Power of Flight. Now with new entries!
Aloft: Castle In The Skies - Discussion Topic - Character Roster


#1000 Offline Toa of Dancing

Toa of Dancing
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Night of the Past

  • 7,970 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 07 2012 - 06:48 PM

Alan/Below the SearcherIC:

No time like the present, thought Alan to himself. He turned back toward the mass of writhing tentacles and, feeling the utter uselessness of what he was about to do, went into them. So much writhing around him, it was hard to feel it all and keep dodging it. But he had to do it... He had to maneuver his way to the position below Khazra and enter it. As the usage of his copied sonic power required mental instead of elemental energy, he used that when possible to keep the tentacles off him.

  • 0

KHrIaSF.jpg

The League of Draaaaaven is too stronk.





0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users