Day Run: The Garden

Parugi

OOC: Kal: You totaled my car. How would I forget that? :PAlso, ToD, nice use of no suspense in telling Kerid about the Director's identity. Totally fits the mood of the RPG. :PThough I think Alan's misinterpreting his objective. "I only wish to see Lyxek destroyed" seemed pretty straightforward to me during that conversation.IC - Zanth - Team Zero base: "Hm..." Zanth rubbed his chin in thought, his eye darting about distractedly as he looked upon the map of the Garden. "I don't like this... Admittedly, we don't have a lot of information on Dalmia, though we have enough to know that he's trouble. If he knows information that Lyxek doesn't... but how...?" he looked up, as if realizing something. "Do you think this... person, the one who gaze you that card... Would he be willing to talk if you weren't present?"IC - Infirmary Staff - Infirmary: "We're definitely returning the bodies to the Guild; they're members of it, so they ought to be brought back. If you want to do us the favor and bring them there, then sure, go ahead. Maybe you can tell them just what happened since none of us know."IC - Kerid - Barrens: "You know that for a fact? Both that the Director wants to take over the universe and that he's an AI?" Kerid asked, curious now. "I don't know how much of that is actually fact, but I've told you before: Both groups will need to be taken care of in the future. As such, yes, the Day Run will help, though we can't just send an army after them right now and demand that their leaders be handed to us; things like that never work."She shrugged as City appeared on in the distance, through the snow. "How did you get that kind of information out of the Director, anyway?" she asked.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

IC: Vertak, Team Zero Base:Vertak mentally rolled his eyes, but outwardly he just replied:"Probably. I get the feeling he might talk a bit more without me there, honestly. I was... a little hostile when I first introduced myself." Vertak grinned sheepishly. "Rhindon and I together. After Dalmia, I in particular didn't take too kindly to being followed."-ibrow

OOC: He trusts Kerid more than pretty much anyone else ATM.

Alan/Barrens, En Route to the Day Run FacilitiesIC:

"He said that he would Get rid of Lyxek. What is to stop him from there? The way he spoke, he was ready to murder anyone that got in his way or commited an act of evil in his sight. It'd be a great worls, with no stealing, no lying, no murder. Until one day you accidentally bump into someone, you're accused for arson, and you get shot down on the spot. Protestors, asking for less severity, get mowed down for rebellion. You can't have a perfect world, it seems," Alan rambled onwards.Finally, realizing that Kerid had asked another question, he composed himself and continued, "Yes, he's an AI created by someone and set to destroy Lyxek. How did I find out about these things? I might've mentioned it before this, but the KNPD officers get orders directly from the director in a room. It's a rather cliche room, with big screens that always show a silhouette (which I now know is generated). Anyways, I marched up to the room, had a conversation, got him angry, and left. Unfortunately, he was able to get me with some cables in this wing," he showered her and continued, "but let me go. Probably implanted some kind of nanobot that he'll use to take control of me. Your doctor back at the Infirmary confirmed that there wasn't poison or anything. By the way, have you ever met a guy named Waiter? He saved me from worse injury."

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

OOC: Figured that. :P Just thought it was kind of funny how off-handedly he said that.IC - Zanth - Team Zero HQ: Zanth nodded again. "if that's the case then I might just drop by his location during the match," he said quietly. "If he got one of the Collector's cards from Dalmia, then maybe he knows more... Dalmia might've said something that could shed some more light on how he apparently knows so much more than Lyxek..."The Team Zero leader had a theory, though even in his mind it sounded implausible. He knew that Dalmia had recently been captured and released by the KNPD... Vertak had mentioned something about the Rahkshi thinking that the Director was an AI, and from what they knew about Dalmia, he was extremely tuned-in when it came to technology...That couldn't be a coincidence; either Dalmia had learned more about the Heart from the Director, or... He looked back at Vertak. Regardless, he needed to talk to this Rahkshi, and the match was the perfect time to do so."Do you mind if I take this?" Zanth asked at length, flipping the card over in his hand. "At this point you're probably mentally worn out from investigations; I can talk to the Rahkshi. Go enjoy yourself at the arena -- this is probably going to be the last chance you'll get to actually have fun for a while."IC - Kerid - Barrens: Kerid nodded as Alan spoke, though didn't offer her opinion on the matter. At his answer to her second question, she nodded again. "I see. I was already aware of the dark room -- I spoke to him a year ago when I was setting up the Day Run. I never got used to that room." She raised an eyebrow, searching her memory for Waiter. "Someone may have mentioned him at one point, but I don't know for certain. The name certainly sounds familiar. But I've never heard of a KNPD operative under that name... how did he get to the Director's office?"IC - Elithes - Headed home: As the Day Run mechanics had fully repaired the Wheel, Elithes had jumped into the vehicle and taken off, heading back to his flat. Illuxio transferred himself into the vehicle, checking the systems."Everything seems fine," he reported. "Not surprising, to be honest.""I'm still going to hurt zhat Vrahkshi," the Matoran said quietly, annoyed. "Vregardless, vhat did you mean vhen you said it vas a key? Zhe mask, I mean.""I don't know," Illuxio said. "but we need to move it. I remembered something about it... The Ring goes after it soon... and when they do, they attack your home to get it." He paused. "You don't survive when they do."Elithes raised an eyebrow, though was silent for a moment. If he was concerned, he didn't show it. "Vhere do ve need to move it?""The Day Run would be safest," the AI said. "They can protect it."Elithes nodded. "To zhe Day Vrun it goes, zhen."IC - Vailian - Delta 51: Dartick's vehicle was finally approaching the Ring headquarters. Soon enough, it had landed in one of the hidden bunked. Vailian stood up, moving to the back of the vehicle and into the storage bay."Let's get these guys moved out," he called to the others. "then you're free to do whatever."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Alan/Barrens, En Route to Day RunIC:

Nodding, Alan continued, "Two members of the Guild of Tyis. They had just burst through the front doors and waltzed to the same room. Didn't stand a chance, poor fellows... I personally take it upon myself to memorize every name of everyone on the database. That includes officers, residents, criminals, visitors, even yourself and Ehjoras. I haven't looked at it for the past week or so. Therefore, he must have arrived recently. That, or Waiter wasn't the name he gave us. We have truth serums, so maybe he doesn't know his own name. Ah, so many diverse options..."He sighed as they got on a larger path which lead toward their destination. "But yes, I'm not such an idealist that I think everyone will help us. Nevertheless, we have to try. The Director thinks I'm a rebellious, lone idealist. I know for a fact that my team will follow me to the death, and Team Vigil hates Lyxek and the Director as much as I do. Waiter seems like a respectable fellow from what I saw of him. I have you and Ehjoras behind me, too. But we need far more than that. Any ideas of how to recruit without the Ring or the KNPD knowing?"

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

IC - Kerid - Edge of City: Kerid shook her head at the Guild's mention. "Fools. They should have realized that that wouldn't work, or at the very least sent a bigger force to accomplish whatever they were trying to do. Still, I'm impressed by how far they managed to get. Anyway, the KNPD's records are far from complete -- I've seen them; there's no way that roster of criminals is finished considering how large the Ring is. Regardless, maybe the KNPD doesn't even know he's on the island -- he wouldn't be the first person to slip through their blockade."She stopped several yards from the edge of City, prompting the Kasuba to do so as well. "We need to finish our conversation here," she said quietly. "Otherwise the Director will hear about it. The only other people I know of who might be willing to help are the Guild of Tyis -- who would actually be a great option, considering the size of their organization -- and Team Zero, for reasons you already know at this point from our last conversation. Aside from that, our best bet is to unite the citizens of Kai-Nam." Alan raised an eyebrow, though she raised a hand. "No -- listen. The KNPD isn't a popular ruling body; most of the civilians on the island distrust them, and for good reason. They're already bitter towards the Ring for the amount of trouble that they've caused in the past, and you have evidence to use against the Director now. It would be risky, but an uprising against both groups isn't out of the question, especially with influence from you and other popular Day Run entrants. The power of the common folk can change the course of any nation; doing so in this situation would be perfectly justified."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Alan/Edge of the CityIC:

Alan stopped and looked over the cityscape before he replied, "Indeed, I've seen some distrust for the KNPD. More than some. Thankfully, I've gained trust from the citizens for myself through my just actions... Team Wing and Team Vigil are, indeed, two of the most popular teams of the Day Run. Well then, unless you would prefer for me to accompany you the rest of the way back, I have something to do. Eryn will be in the meeting I'm holding, and she can relay the information to you. Now then, to inform the Guild of their members' death. Roen and... Nenda, I believe."OOC: Speaking of the Guild, are their headquarters a secret or general knowledge? Would Alan, a mid-to-high-ranking KNPD officer, know their location?

OOC: The general populace of the KNPD and City probably wouldn't know, as the Guild wouldn't trust most beings with the location. The Director and Kerid would both know, though.IC - Kerid - Edge of City: Kerid shook her head. "I'll head back alone. Though you're going to need this if you're heading to the Guild." She threw him a card. "Their headquarters are located on Tyis Island, in a tower on the northern half; you can't miss it. Though, given the time, it's doubtful that they'll grant you an audience today."

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Alan/Edge of City, En Route to TyisIC:

Alan nodded and spread his wings. "I think they'll let me in... Well, if we're done, then, until later!" he replied before sprinting and leaping into the air, flying towards the island of Tyis. It wouldn't take long, as flying was much faster than walking. For the few minutes it would take, he'd have have to devise how to break the news.

IC: Vertak, Team Zero Base:Vertak shrugged, agreeing with Zanth as he handed the card over."Last opportunity for fun, eh?" he turned to Rhindon. "I guess we better make it count."Saying goodbye to Zanth, Vertak turned and made his way out of the room, back to where Suya stood."Could you teleport me to the Day Run for the match?" he questioned.-ibrow

IC - Zanth/Suya - Team Zero HQ: By now, Suya had finished repairing and cleaning the Zero Archive; it was almost as if the room hadn't been damaged in the first place, though the necklace that had once been there was no longer present. He looked at Vertak and nodded, instantly teleporting in front of the Arena."Try not to lose the sword," he said quietly, before teleporting back to base.Zanth looked over the card in his hand. Quickly memorizing the address, he headed to the garage, entering his mech and taking off. Normally, he would have had Suya teleport him; as things were, however, he needed time to be alone, to think about things...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Zaydan/Victus Dead==-Zaydan opened his eyes. Well, others referred to the Toa as more an 'it', but 'it' doesn't really have the same sound, and since it was more or less obvious that Zaydan wasn't genderless, simply called him a male; though that was certainly a possibility... No-one on the island had actually seen Zaydan's true form, however, so no-one actually knew.Zaydan stood up, and scanned his surroundings quickly. With a slight frown, he walked over to the nearby desk, and picked up his handheld Rhotuka Shield, and his sword, and then looked around.Looks like I should probably get back to the Day Run soon... I think I might have overslept... If that's even possible when taking a nap. Zaydan thought with a slight scowl, as he opened the door to his hotel room, and stepped outside, and looked around cautiously.This place really is suspicious... But I couldn't find any other places when I booked the room, so... Zaydan thought with a sigh, as he shook his head.

IC / Day Run Grounds / In the Middle of a Strange Bazaar:Swerv leaned over and whispered to Draxion, “You take one side and I’ll take the other. Look for a staff, perhaps with some special attachment. And one that can channel electricity.”The Rahkshi nodded and moved off to the left of the row of pinned up stands. They were in the middle of a circle of venders that were selling everything under the sun. Food, armor, weapons, masks, etc. There were many beings milling about, and the shop keepers themselves were all shouting at once, at anyone that was close enough.The robot was simply able to find the specific voice of each vender and have his audio receptors just not pick up those sounds. In no time at all, Swerv only heard those milling around instead of the ones shouting. It wasn’t a good way to pick up information, but the robot wasn’t exactly trying to eavesdrop at the moment.Instead, he started walking along the right side of the circle of stands. First there was one vender selling masks, which he couldn’t use if he wanted to, and second was a stand of fruit, which was also something he was not able to enjoy. The vibrant colors tempted his no longer existent taste buds. In fact, he had some of the yellow and purple striped gourd before. It was so juicy he knew he wouldn’t forget it. And he hadn’t.Trying to think back, he didn’t even remember when he had eaten that fruit. It must have been back when he was a Matoran. He still didn’t remember fully what had happened at that time. But now wasn’t the time to be looking at the past. Instead, Swerv moved forward.The third stall was decked out with every type of weapon imaginable. Swerv didn’t even recognize some of them. But all of them looked sharp and wickedly dangerous to handle. Looking through them, Swerv realized that it was every type of sword or blade imaginable, not staff. And while a rather long and thin blade caught his attention, the robot decided to move on.He went through several more stands of worthless junk that he could not use or eat before coming to another weapons vender. And this being was selling some staffs.IC / Day Run Grounds / Bizarre Bazaar:Draxion glanced over several stands as he walked along. None had any weapons, or staffs for that matter. But the most motivating factor was the aroma wafting from one stall in particular. The overhead sign said “Trisker’s Treats” and was colored aqua blue and sea green. Draxion practically floated up to the stand to see all of the baked goods that were cooling as they were being freshly made. Not being able to resist or hold himself back, the Rahkshi bought himself a pie and messily ate it out of its tin container.Licking the leftovers up and cleaning the tin dry, Draxion grinned his reptilian grin and continued on his weapons search.Finally, he found one. This vender had an assortment of weapons, ranging from swords to knives to clubs. Although there didn’t seem to be much that was special. There was a gleaming scythe, but it wasn’t really what he thought Swerv would use. Giving up on that stand, he walked along, looking at a few other weapons stalls that didn’t really have much selection.After a few more minutes of searching, he ended up standing next to Swerv at the last stall that was offering weaponry. And it was full of staffs. They were sure to find something here.IC / The Infirmary / With a Nurse:Waiter nodded, “I will.” Then he gestured to the bodies, “Do you have some type of transport that I can take them in? And if so, how long will it take to prep? I have to be somewhere in a little over half an hour.”IC / Victus Dead / Room 425:Off to the east sat a mountain enshrouded in a darkness not seen, but felt. The dark was rank with filth and the power of something not revealed. Brother couldn’t pinpoint anything, but there was definitely someone or something of power in the Ring HQ. Someone other than Lyxek.Perhaps it was some prisoner, or a wild card? Maybe it was Dalmia, who he could not feel elsewhere. Whatever the reason, it did not disturb him in the least. But what was unsettling was the KNPD HQ. At its heart, Brother could feel nothing. Nothing whatsoever.Something of power had to be creating that seal in order to keep him out. It was probably the Director, who was perhaps a sleeping “giant” of days gone by, who could only communicate through electronics. That could be another reason Dalmia said the Collector and Director were alike. Both lived through electronics, but might be something more.No, that was foolish. Brother had nothing to go off of except for a feeling and Dalmia’s word, which was not something to be trusted entirely in Brother’s opinion. Yes, he would find out eventually, but for now, he would gather his wits and scour the island, trying to map the shadows as the day turned into evening.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Alan/Island of TyisIC:

Sure enough, there was the tower. Alan made sure that he was in plain sight as he approached, and he landed a good twenty bio from the tower. "I come to bring news of you agents, Roen and Nenda! The latter asked me to warn you!"

IC: Vertak, The Day Run:Vertak thanked Suya and then spoke to Djoser as his team member disappeared:"Come to the Day Run on your own fill up on the way if you need too." he ordered."Understood."Next, Vertak sent out as much as he could a message to Kayzata:You at the Day Run, Kayzata? He questioned. If possible, I'd like to meet with you and Kazahk before the match begins.-ibrow

IC - Nurse - Infirmary: "We'll get something arranged," the nurse said. "Though it won't be ready until after the match; the doctor wants to take a closer look into the cause of death."IC - Ehjoras - Day Run: As the engineers finished setting up the arena for the next match, Ehjoras stood on standby, waiting for their signal to activate the terrain changes. After several moments, he was given a thumbs up, and he pushed down on the button.Immediately, the terrain began to warp. The circles that made up the arena rose and became flat, only for the two center ones to rise up again; from there, the terrain transformed into a volcanic scene. A miniature volcano, similar to the mountain from two matches earlier, sprang up from the raised circles. The ground became charred and rocky, and lava pits appeared throughout the field. A river of lava ran down a jagged line through the middle of the field, cutting it in half.Ehjoras smiled, before moving over to the comm. "Match 4 contestants, the match will begin in approximately fifteen minutes. Please be sure to get to a waiting room at least five minutes before the match starts, otherwise you will be left out of the event."IC - Zanth - Seeker: It didn't take long for Zanth to enter City, and from there to make his way to the Victus Dead. He frowned, looking around as he exited his Rahi-mech, and then entering the pub.Moving over to the front counter, he quickly received the room number that Vertak's Rahkshi was staying in. Then he began climbing the steps...IC - Kerid - City: Kerid hefted her axe over her shoulder and continued into the city, heading through it to get to the Day Run facilities. As she walked she got the slightest feeling that she was being watched.She turned her gaze to an alleyway to her left. A pair of glowing eyes stared at her for a moment, their gaze locking for the merest instant, before the hidden being turned and disappeared. Kerid glared after it, deciding against following the being and continuing forward instead.IC - Tyis Guard - Tower of Tyis: As Alan approached the tower, a large being stepped forward from his position in front of the Guild of Tyis's headquarters. He was a large being, about twelve feet tall, and he seemed to wear a very heavy suit of armor, which creaked as he moved. No lights emanated from the eye slit of his helmet as he stared Alan down; only blackness met the Kasuba's gaze. A large claymore, easily bigger than Alan's entire body, was sheathed at the guard's waist; glowing yellow lines ran all along its surface, visible through the thin fabric."Identify yourself," the guard said, his voice low in pitch; the sound reverberated within his armor, almost as if he were hollow. It wasn't an order, so much as a... request? That was probably unusual.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Hexxon: the Garage/Registration OfficeA shadow fell upon the ground by the Garage, followed by the flapping of wings. The source descended: a brown and blue-colored Rahi dragon, apparently carrying something on its back. It touched down on the ground, and then lowered itself. Black and gold armor gleamed in the light as the rider leapt off his mount, landing before the building.''Stay here, Anar,'' the rider said to the dragon. ''I have business in this place with another.''Hexxon stood, waiting for his partner to arrive...IC: Kaytana: the Garage/Registration OfficeNot very far away, another being was riding to the Garage, though not on a Rahi. She was driving a floating vehicle, which raced through the air several feet off the ground. This rider was much different from the previous: besides the Skakdi spine that ran down her back and arms, she bore branch-like antlers and wore unpleasent colors. Mechanical parts might be seen under a layer of moss, and the complex arm and eye were easily noticable. Several moments passed before her transport came to a building, near a resting beast and grim figure. She flew it into the underground parking area, returning minutes later. Immediately after stepping outside the Garage, sickly weeds sprouted from the ground as she moved towards Hexxon. ''Ah, Hexxon,'' Kaytana beamed, revealing dual rows of pointed teeth. Hexxon gave a slight smile - just a tiny one. He normally didn't do that, but Kaytana was his team partner, and should at least be treated like a comrade. ''Kaytana, I see you made it.'' His eyes darted to the trail of grotesque plant matter; that was one thing he didn't like about her. Wherever she went, those always grew where her footprints should have been. He couldn't help but see that it was a welcoming path for being followed. ''Indeed. Now shall we enter?'' the Skakdi of the Green said, gesturing to the doors of the Registration Office. Her partner nodded, and both walked side by side into the building. Neither wanted to waste eachother's time talking; better they sign up for the next match and wait. Kaytana looked around. ''Now what?'' she asked, unsure of what to do next.

IC: Hexxon and Kaytana: Registration OfficeKaytana's eyes caught the Matoran that called to them. ''Why, yes, little one...'' she said, trying to sound more friendly and less vicious than she normally would. Her eyes flashed as she looked at the small being almost like prey. ''We have come to register for the next tournament match,'' Hexxon told the Matoran. He, too, was attempting to act a little more welcoming, though he wasn't trying very hard.

Alan/Island of TyisIC:

"I am Alan, former officer of the KNPD, friend of Kerid of the Day Run, now possible ally of the Guild of Tyis. I personally saw your agents Roen and Nenda murdered by the Director."

IC - Register - Registration Office: "Mm..." the Matoran said. "We do have an open spot, since we only got nine teams to register before registration ended... but I suppose I could give you the last spot, anyway. Team name?"IC - Guard - Tower of Tyis: The guard shifted at Alan's answer before nodding solemnly. "So it is as the council feared..." He sighed. "Very well; follow me." He moved to the door, opening it and motioning for another guard to take his position before entering, Alan following behind."I don't suppose you've heard anything about Dodera?" the guard asked Alan, never turning to look at him. Darkness was visible though the crevices of his armor as he walked, slightly illuminated as they passed by lights. There didn't seem to be anyone inside of the armor.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC - Register - Registration Office: "Aaand... entered," the Matoran said as he entered Team Comet onto the roster. "The match will begin in about ten minutes, so you have five minutes of free time before you need to head to a waiting room. Enjoy the match!"The intercom came on again. "As of a last minute addition, Team Comet has been added onto the roster for Match Four."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Hexxon and Kaytana: Registration OfficeHexxon gave a nod of thanks to the Matoran, and turned to the exit saying, ''Come, Kaytana.''''My thanks as well, little one,'' Kaytana said before following her partner. Once outside, the Skakdi headed in the direction of the Garage. ''I'm going to look over my transport until they call.'' Hexxon nodded again and then joined Anar. It was good that the match was coming up very soon. Battling other combatants there, he figured, would help him perfect his abilities for crime fighting. After all, they were allowed in there too, and he would know just how to defeat their kind.

IC: Marx heard the announcement and hurried to the arena waiting room. He doubled checked his weapons and sat in a chair. He was nervous but it would be hard for anyone to tell. He then heard another team would be in match four. He wondered if all the others teams would go all out to beat him down first or if it would be a chaotic free for all. He sort of wanted Sol to be with him. But the Day Run rule makers said he could not because he already competed in a match today and Sol did look really tired.

OOC: Okay, since it's not a one on one on one match anymore, I think that I should do this...-==IC: Zaydan/Victus Dead==-Zaydan walked to the end of the hallway that his hotel room was located on, and then began to descend down the stairs.I should really get to the Day Run, like, now. Zaydan thought again, as he realized the next match was likely soon going to start. However, that would be the problem, how would he get there so quickly? Zaydan continued to be caught up in thoughts, even as he continued down the stairs, and stopped just in time to avoid running into Zanth."Hmm?" Zaydan asked, as he noticed the other being.

IC - Zanth - Victus Dead: Zanth stopped walking just before running into a large, armored being. He nodded curtly at the new person. "Sorry; I wasn't paying attention," he said, moving to walk past the being. "Excuse me."IC - Elithes - Wheel: The Wheel finally arrived at the building that Elithes lived in. Hopping out as soon as he entered the garage, he ran up the nearest stairs, until finally arriving at the door to his place. He sighed in relief upon seeing that the door was still intact; he had half-expected it to be broken in and the place destroyed.Unlocking the door, he entered his apartment, moving over to his equipment room. Without a moment to spare, he unlocked the weapons vault, stepping inside.The Mask of Night was still there. He breathed a sigh of relief, clutching his chest. Too many things had gone wrong lately; he was glad that something was finally right...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Zaydan/Victus Dead==-Zaydan nodded as he stepped aside, but then paused."Say, aren't you that member of Team Zero... Zanth?" Zaydan asked, curious. He had heard rumours about Zanth, but hadn't actually seen him around before.

IC - Zanth - Victus Dead: Zanth nodded as he walked forward; having gotten a better look at the being, he realized that he recognized them from a few of his past investigations. "That I am. And you're Zaydan, bodyguard for hire on Kai-Nam. Right?"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: Kaytana: the GarageOnce she had left Hexxon, Kaytana's entire demeanor changed; she walked, talked, and thought differently. The Skakdi of Jungle strolled through the Garage looking like she owned it, and even ready to collapse it if she wanted to. And when she was sure she was out of her partner's telepathic range, she ran through her thoughts. That fool, Hexxon, she told herself. So ready to believe in a sad story when told one. It was almost effortless to get him to join me.Kaytana knelt beside her vehicle, inspecting it, making sure everything was in right shape for traveling around the island. She remembered quite well the time she first saw the giant, armored being. So serious, didn't even act like he cared about anything. Kaytana didn't need a Mask of Charisma to convince the gruff man. Just a little alterations to her own life story, enough so he would believe that they dealt with problems similar and should stick together. Did the female Skakdi care about his past?Nope. All she needed was another to form an effective team. Despite being highly damaging to everything around her, Kaytana still felt like just one team member wasn't strong enough to win all. And Hexxon was the perfect pick, already emanating fierce power and anger. Smirking, Kaytana threw back her head and laughed. She was cunning, a warrior, powerful... what else was there to have?''Time to go,''The voice frightened her, for it was Hexxon's. Had he slipped in while she had thought all about her work?No, the voice came from her crest. The match was beginning soon, and now they needed to get to one of those waiting rooms. Kaytana jogged back to the surface, where Hexxon awaited her presence.

-==IC: Zaydan/Victus Dead==-Zaydan nodded at the identification."That is correct." Zaydan said, as he walked forward as well, to keep the conversation going."I'm assuming that you're here at this hotel for a reason?" Zaydan asked, though was a little more hesitant to offer assistance in this place, since Zanth had mentioned about the hire part. He didn't want any payment for assisting in not getting injured in this place, however, Zanth might not know that if he had mentioned about that, and as such, simply tried to figure out a way to hint at it instead.

-==IC: Zaydan/Victus Dead==-"I see. Though this isn't exactly my hotel of choice, I've become acquainted with the layout recently out of necessity." Zaydan said, and then paused for a moment."Also, I want to mention something, this hotel... It is kinda dangerous. I've gotten threatened a few times, though it's nothing I couldn't handle. I just wanted to mention that, along with saying to be careful... try and make sure the person you're looking for is in the correct room, as the tenants here tend to not particularly care for beings intruding." Zaydan explained, and thought for a moment."Say, just curious, the next match of the Day Run is/i] starting soon, correct? I think I slept a little longer than I was wanting to, but I don't even know if the other match ended yet..." Zaydan said with a frown.

IC: Hexxon and Kaytana: the Coliseum:Hexxon and Kaytana walked alongside eachother, making their way to the arena. Hexxon didn't seem in the mood to talk, and seemed to try and ignore the trail his Skakdi partner was creating. Kaytana was silent as well, excited for the match they were going to fight in. It was only when she noticed he wasn't carrying his staff (a wicked looking blade in its stead) that they started a conversation. ''Hey, where's that staff of yours?'' she asked. Her ''friend'' merely glanced down at her and said, ''That tool is for my job. It's not meant for games like these.''Kaytana grumbled. ''But you could trap your opponents in place, keep them from hitting you, bind them all easily - why not try and be the instant winner?''''Because,'' he replied, ''I'm not fighting criminals - or they're not considered thugs in here - so I have no need for imprisoning fellow competitors.''The rest of the trip was like it began: silent, as the two entered the Coliseum, heading for a waiting room. OOC: Last post for today.

Edited by Magnus Greel

IC - Zanth - Victus Dead: Zanth shrugged, glancing at several of the doors in the hall. "I can hold my own," he replied shortly. "That, and I got the room number from the manager. As for the match -- yeah; the final one is stating in a few minutes. I only know that because a teammate is participating."

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

-==IC: Zaydan/Victus Dead==-Zaydan nodded at that."Alright, I figured so. I just wanted to mention that, since I know from experience how bad it can be to be ambushed just for walking into a room by accident. But I would agree from what I've heard about you; even if you run into trouble, it should be easy for you." Zaydan said with a slight smile, and then contemplated the Day Run match situation.Could I really make it there in time to even watch the match? Hmm...

IC / Day Run Grounds / Bizarre Bazaar: Swerv glanced over at Draxion as the Rahkshi joined him at the stand before them both. The Rahkshi must have gotten through all of his stalls without finding anything; otherwise he would have come to get the robot. Looking back at the selection of staffs laid out before him, Swerv looked at the vender, selected the Toa’s voice, and allowed it past the filter he had put up. The Toa of Fire, it looked like, was in mid sentence talking to someone else when Swerv finally heard him. The Toa was saying, “-nd that’s why I always make sure to lock up my common sense when I know I’m off to do something stupid and probably self-injuring.” The Toa and some other being chuckled and then the Toa looked at Swerv and Draxion and asked, “What can I do for you today? You will find only the best at Savage Staff!” Draxion rolled his eyes and Swerv chuckled and then answered, “What is the best staff you have?” The Toa’s eyes lit up, “Ah, you’re that robot that just won a match aren’t you.” The Toa held up a finger, “Only the best for you.” Going to a large chest behind the stand, the Toa unlocked it with some type of key and rummaged about. Finally, he smiled and pulled out a staff that looked normal except for being boxy on both ends, where the staff held a blade (Like Takanuva’s Staff) and on the staff end. The Toa laid it down on the wooden counter separating them. Swerv was drooling on the inside. It was like it was his Naming Day again. The staff seemed to spark in the sunlight. The red and silver Toa crossed his arms and grinned wide, “This is one of the best staffs I have for sale. Not only does it channel your element, but,” at this he tapped one of the boxy areas that were at either end, “it also while throw out a glob of energy that becomes ice when it hits something, or you could switch the settings and just have it fire out ice.” The Toa laughed at himself and slid the staff over the counter towards the robot and Rahkshi, “Take a look for yourself.” Swerv gingerly picked it up and scanned it with several programs, measuring the condition of the staff. He sighed in delight.IC / Day Run Grounds / Bizarre Bazaar: Draxion hissed in delight at Swerv’s contented sigh and pulled credits from the bag he always carried but that wasn’t really noticed. The Toa gave the price, the Rahkshi handed over the appropriate amount, and the Toa said one final thing, “Be careful though, it does have a cool down period.” At this the Toa laughed a good hearty laugh and moved on to the next customer. Turning Swerv around, Draxion, also grinning, guided the robot through the crowd as Swerv admired his new weapon. When they finally left the bazaar area, Swerv said with determination, “I need to test this. I’ll be right back.” And with that, Swerv walked off. Draxion shrugged, he guessed he could practice his illusions. IC / Victus Dead / Room 425, 4th Floor: With the room saturated in shadow, the only sound was coming from the surrounding rooms. Brother sat in the middle of the floor, but his mind was elsewhere. It was in the shadows of the streets of City. It was in the mountains of the north and at the Day Run. It was all a little too much to try to take in at once. Pulling back, Brother focused on the Victus Dead and noticed two beings just standing in the stairwell. Or around the stairwell. Something like that. He would have to keep a metaphorical eye on that. IC / The Infirmary / With a Nurse: Waiter nodded, “Ok. I’ll be here after the match has finished then.” With that, he studied his surroundings, looking for anything off, when nothing seemed wrong, he walked to the Infirmary door and activated his mask. What was he thinking? Over half a year of not being noticed and now he was going to a meeting with a bunch of beings. As much as he hated to admit it, he probably did need help. There wasn’t exactly a plain, normal target to take out or collect. He needed to subdue, not kill. And both Lyxek and the Director, who now seemed more off than ever, were formidable opponents, even for him. Yes, he would need the help. And he had accomplished what he set out to do before reuniting with old friends. He could finally come out of hiding if he wanted to. Speaking of old friends, Waiter wondered what his Toa of Sand brother was up to. Hopefully he wasn’t getting in trouble, again. Waiter smirked, the foolish Toa was probably duking it out with Srizz or some Makuta. But then again, after what had happened to both of them, the Toa of Sand could handle himself and was slightly less his innocent self. Forcing himself to think on the present things, Toa of Protosteel decided to patrol the Day Run grounds to try to sort his thoughts. Useless tasks always helped him clear his head, and the Day Run officials probably wouldn’t mind.

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

Alan/Island of TyisIC:

Alan nodded and followed, pleasantly surprised at the ease of which he was allowed to enter. He had this seemingly reanimated guard at his side, of course, but if they knew his powers they would know that he could throw said guard out a window. Unless... he was made of the same materials that the Director had? But no, he hadn't ever felt that besides in the Director's room.In response, the kasuba said, "I've heard the name before now, but have no idea of its significance. I'd be pleased if you would explain."