LEGO Jet Engine Not Larger Than Life

Rolls-Royce recently unveiled a LEGO scale-model of their Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engine used in Boeing 787 Dreamliner airplanes. About half the size of an actual engine, it took the Rolls-Royce team of four about eight weeks to make the 160 separate parts to the engine before displaying it at the Farnborough International Airshow. That may sound like an impressive feat, but the <a href='http://www.damngeeky.com/2012/07/10/lego-rolls-royce-trent-1000-is-worlds-first-functional-jet-engine-modeled-from-lego-bricks/' target='offsite'>pictures from the news</a> can only do it justice.View the full article

I saw this a while ago when Rolls-Royce posted it on a social network site that I use. I was amazed when I saw it. I can't believe they had the time and devotion to build it in LEGO, especially to make it move as well! Absolutely amazing.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Normally, when someone claims to have built the most complex and streamlined Lego model ever, I'd assume they were an egocentric person who had no idea about AFOLs and the Lego community. Now that I've seen the closeups, though, I have to say, this is stunning. It's great to see a large-scale model like this done with a variety of angles, parts and techniques, as opposed to brick-based sculptures. They really knew what they were doing. Very impressive.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

This is mind blowing. I could not even tell it was LEGO until I looked at the close-ups.
I know, seriously! Doesn't even look like Lego Bricks at first glance!

Nuparu1995

92% of teens have moved onto rap.

If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

320px-0,540,38,392-Batman_memorial.jpg

R.I.P. - 7/20/2012

That looks really awesome. I couldn't even tell it was Lego at first. (Except for the fact that I found it after searching for Lego, which probably gave it away.)

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

Saw this, immediately said "Certified Pro." I was right. It's -amazing.-I'd love to see a video of it running. I'm guessing they either use strong XL motors or non-LEGO to propel the prop if it does move.... Guess Dan and I have to step up our game soon :P

bzpsig2015.png

Awesome. Can I get a PDF with the instructions? ;)

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

This is really cool. I couldn't tell it was made up of LEGO Bricks until I saw the close up pictures of it. And the fact that it is funtional like a real one just makes it even more awesome! cool.pngAnd if they could only build an entire jet out of LEGO Bricks...

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Saw this, immediately said "Certified Pro." I was right. It's -amazing.-I'd love to see a video of it running. I'm guessing they either use strong XL motors or non-LEGO to propel the prop if it does move.... Guess Dan and I have to step up our game soon :P
Want to see a video? Here is where I first heard about it, featuring a video.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Wow, it's certainly amazing how they can create such a large, accurate, replica. And to add to that that it actually works! Functionality included, this is probably one of the best creations I've ever seen. I wonder if we'll see any Lego airplanes flying anytime soon?:P~B~

• 2 weeks later...