:kaukau: Every four years, I get very excited when the world celebrates what could very well be the greatest cultural event on the planet. I go online and put John William's "Olympic Fanfare" on repeat. To me, the Olympics are a celebration of culture and people striving to be the best they can be, and altogether it gives me an amazing sense of inspiration and a renewed appreciation of my own personal capacities at tackling life.Considering how big and beloved it is, I feel that it's about time someone started a topic for the Olympics this summer here on BZPower. I look forward to discussion and the opportunity to squeal whenever something really cool happens.Merida

:kaukau: From what I've been hearing by listening to others, the opening ceremony apparently didn't have a universal appeal. I have to admit, though, it was certainly humorous, something I would have never expected, but it makes complete sense when coming from the British.Merida

The opening ceremony was pretty epic...Although, the appearance of Doctor Who and The Sex Pistols could have happened :(Still, Paul MacCartney to headline it... that was right. That was right.

Gee golly, I sure do love Bionicles! My favourite one is Hero Factory!

Michael phelps, for the win.honestly, in the opening ceremonies, the smoke stacks kind of creeped me out.

:kaukau: Michael Phelps is a personal favorite of mine, of course, having been in a swim team for nearly a decade of my life. Unfortunately, he didn't even medal in the IM. It was really sad to see him fall further and further behind. I could kind of tell Lochte would win, though, considering that Phelps took some time off and looked really nervous before the race. Congratulations to Lochte, of course, though I wish Phelps had got second.Merida

When the Olympians come to play on the towns, that's Logistics,Buy some shoes, or some hats, clearing customs like that, that's Logistics.Tapped and scanned, tracked and traced, everything to it's place, that's Logistics,If you want to compete, UPS is your fleet, that's logiiiiiistics…Dang-nammit-nammit, that song has been stuck in my head for weeks.

:kaukau: Every four years, I get very excited when the world celebrates what could very well be the greatest cultural event on the planet. I go online and put John William's "Olympic Fanfare" on repeat. To me, the Olympics are a celebration of culture and people striving to be the best they can be, and altogether it gives me an amazing sense of inspiration and a renewed appreciation of my own personal capacities at tackling life.Considering how big and beloved it is, I feel that it's about time someone started a topic for the Olympics this summer here on BZPower. I look forward to discussion and the opportunity to squeal whenever something really cool happens.Merida
Every 2 years. One is for the winter, and one is for the summer.

When the Olympians come to play on the towns, that's Logistics,Buy some shoes, or some hats, clearing customs like that, that's Logistics.Tapped and scanned, tracked and traced, everything to it's place, that's Logistics,If you want to compete, UPS is your fleet, that's logiiiiiistics…Dang-nammit-nammit, that song has been stuck in my head for weeks.
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. THAT SONG IS NOW IN MY HEAD AND I DESPISE IT SO MUCH--Anyway, never really followed the Olympics, but I could do with some info now. Has it started yet?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Every 2 years. One is for the winter, and one is for the summer.
:kaukau: The Summer Olympics are bigger and they've been around longer, not to mention they resemble the original Olympic games more. Even though I get excited over the Winter Olympics, too, it always seemed to me to be like Olympics, Jr.And yes, TNG, it has started. We're sort of three days in. Four, if you count the opening ceremony. Unfortunately, Michael Phelps has been struggling to gain the same glory he did last time and hasn't one a gold yet (that's what happens when he takes time off), but the American women's gymnastics team has been a juggernaut, not to mention the men's gymnastics are contenders for the gold as well.Merida

There was indeed football/soccer on the day before. Is anyone else surprised by the US men's gymnastics team's poor performance?

Edited by Toa of Smooth Jazz

"I pitea the fool!"

(quote by Chro)

98.7% OF BZPOWER MEMBERS HAVEN'T SEEN MY BUCKET 

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 1.3% THAT HAS SEEN MY BUCKET, COPY THIS AND PASTE IT INTO YOUR SIGNATURE

I MISS MY BUCKET 

:kaukau: Way to go, Michael. You rule. Even when you're second, races will always be remembered for your presence. No matter where and no matter when, the pool will be your little kingdom, and all who treat its waters are your subjects. The name Phelps will forever be synonymous with Olympic swimming.Merida

Of course crew happens on every time I have work -.-. Got to see a few womens races, particularly the 8s repochage- Netherlands was awesome! But USA brought it home! Also diving and the 800m womens freestyle- I was amazed that the one girl was only 15! And Michael phelps- kudos to him, amazing performance. What events are left?

:kaukau: The swimmers have been capturing most of my attention, as usual, having been on a swim team for much of my life and having known former Olympic swimmer Diana Munz personally.But anyway, now I'm looking forward to usain Bolt. He's such a beast. I hope he wins again. That would be unprecedented. I guess it means rooting against my own team, but Bolt is so easy to root for. I mean, he's the fastest man in history and his name is Bolt!Merida

:kaukau: I wrote a blog entry about Aly Raisman. basicallyI just said her floor routine was awesome. Then I came up with a theory that it was the star-spangled leotard, because it's so inspirational-looking. Thus ensued visual evidence (see thumbnail).
marykerrialy2.png

I'm beginning to have a lot of fun editing together pictures of Olympians.

olympic_rings_icon.png

Edited by Michael Phelps

Congrats to Alex Morgan, Abby Wambach, Carli Lloyd and the other members of Team USA women's soccer team for winning the gold medal. :usa:And congrats to Japan for such an epic game and for winning the silver medal. :)

Edited by King James

:kaukau: Michael Phelps is a personal favorite of mine, of course, having been in a swim team for nearly a decade of my life. Unfortunately, he didn't even medal in the IM. It was really sad to see him fall further and further behind. I could kind of tell Lochte would win, though, considering that Phelps took some time off and looked really nervous before the race. Congratulations to Lochte, of course, though I wish Phelps had got second.Merida
I agree; however, I have a new reason to be angerd at phelps. He retires at 27, and Ill probably retire at 96!

I agree; however, I have a new reason to be angerd at phelps. He retires at 27, and Ill probably retire at 96!
Wait, why do swimmers retire so early?EDIT: And congrats to the USA women's basketball team for winning gold! :) Edited by King James

I usually love the Olympics, but America got the worst coverage we possibly could have on TV for it this year.I mean, I still love the Olympics, but this year, I can't stand watching it. All we got was Volleyball the entire time.

Edited by Vataki “Vahi” Teridax

naw man