Unnamed Verin

Flex Lord Splash

Here's an original Makuta character I did, and yeah that's a bow on his back. http://i700.photobuc...xhero/Verin.jpgDid this in Adobe Illustrator. Oh and I meant for the title to be Unnamed Makuta, but then I recalled his name, and it ended up Unnamed Verin. Oh well.

Edited by Flex Nard

It's very good! The detail is just right to give him a little pop. Green and black are some very nice choices and the dark effects really bring out the feeling of "makuta". The anatomy looks right. I LOVE that bow design as well as the take on the armour. The wings however, need a little work, which is understandable, they're very hard to draw. I had trouble drawing wings. However, the bow on his back looks to be in an uncomfortable spot. Sticking things behind a winged character would make it hard for them to fly or otherwise look very uncomfortable, not to mention the sheer size of it.. Also, it doesn't look like he's holding his sword upon closer inspection. If you're having trouble drawing a hand to hold a sword, it's great to look up a reference. I also feel that his eyes shouldn't be pitch black, he seems lifeless without a good red glow in there.All in all, I like it. Keep up the good work! There is always room for improvement.

• 2 months later...

Haha thanks, I agree with all of your points. The wings don't look good at all, but they are very hard to draw, especially in illustrator. Red glow in the eyes would be a nice touch. As for his hand yeah I've always had trouble drawing hands holding swords etc, so I was trying to make it look like the hand was resting on the sword, and it was pressing against his thighs to stay in place :P probably not too realistic. As for the bow, yeah I didn't think of it Interfering with his wings :o

Edited by Flex Capacitor