Topic Closed

Tenuk

First I am going to say, Welcome to BZ Power.As for your comic, I honestly do not get it but I assume it is leading to some future story you have planned. If that is the case, then good job and keep on working. I hope you enjoy it here, as I have in the past week and good luck with your comics ;P

sig2_0.png

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.But it is artistic and a nice new style. Most advice I would give at this point is to use "Nearest Neighbor" for interpolation when enlarging sprites. You apparently used Bicubic for yours; makes it look kind of messy in my opinion.Silhouettes are great though; they should be used more often in my opinion.

First I am going to say, Welcome to BZ Power.As for your comic, I honestly do not get it but I assume it is leading to some future story you have planned. If that is the case, then good job and keep on working. I hope you enjoy it here, as I have in the past week and good luck with your comics ;P
Yeah it leads up to a future story most of the comics won't have you guessing at the meaning.
I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.But it is artistic and a nice new style. Most advice I would give at this point is to use "Nearest Neighbor" for interpolation when enlarging sprites. You apparently used Bicubic for yours; makes it look kind of messy in my opinion.Silhouettes are great though; they should be used more often in my opinion.
As for the enlarging I do things vastly different then most comic makers as I use a mac and have been unable to find a good program to make comics (I have photoshop but I don't use, it scares me). Do you think I have I have improved since the last time you reviewed me?Also in general the comics will be a lot clearer than this, truth be told I just didn't spend a lot of time on this as it is the intro. It is supposed to show a comic maker giving the key to his studio to Pohukai so he can close it. Edited by Tenuk

Don't Click It

Well, on the first comic, I rather like the interpretation. I don't think anyone has interpreted the idea of closing a topic so literally (at least not anyone recently) and I rather like the concept. So, from what I read in the second comic (which, by the way, I found hilarious) this series follows a comic maker who no longer makes comics, which is an angle I've never seen explored in this way. I really like that. The effects are rather good, considering how new you are. I'm interested in what will happen next.There you go, I'm invested. Keep up the (so far) great work!

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

If I'm interpreting this correctly, that's totally hot.
Thank you kind sir.
Well, on the first comic, I rather like the interpretation. I don't think anyone has interpreted the idea of closing a topic so literally (at least not anyone recently) and I rather like the concept.So, from what I read in the second comic (which, by the way, I found hilarious) this series follows a comic maker who no longer makes comics, which is an angle I've never seen explored in this way. I really like that.The effects are rather good, considering how new you are. I'm interested in what will happen next.There you go, I'm invested. Keep up the (so far) great work!
You hit the nail on the head. I actually got the idea for literal topic closure when I was watching a clip of Veon's movie. Anyway, I'm glad you like the series. Edited by Tenuk

Don't Click It

I like the concept of this series. I actually can't recall seeing this concept done before,where the series revolves around a matoran who's had his "topic closed".You have a really great start, the backgrounds look decent enough to fair well with the sprites (Glad you're not using Chimoru like 90% of the forum :P), and those speech bubbles are really well done. I like the humor in this as well. It's a nice change from the usual stuff other newbies bring in.Great job on these, so far. They're looking really spiffy.-V-

Edited by The Venom

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

I like the concept of this series. I actually can't recall seeing this concept done before,where the series revolves around a matoran who's had his "topic closed".You have a really great start, the backgrounds look decent enough to fair well with the sprites (Glad you're not using Chimoru like 90% of the forum :P), and those speech bubbles are really well done. I like the humor in this as well. It's a nice change from the usual stuff other newbies bring in.Great job on these, so far. They're looking really spiffy.-V-
Thank you.New Comic

Don't Click It

New ComicIf you don't get it basically starts a story arc that will run alongside my quest for a studio where shock tries to determine his rather ambiguous origins. Here he begins to question if he is a robot or alive.I assume anyone can use the toaster bot concept but if I can't then please let me know.The comic introducing Terra is almost done.It's lonely here

Edited by Tenuk

Don't Click It

The Toaster-bot concept... I have no idea why it picked up, to be honest. The characters were mildly interesting but the notion of a mass-produced character is fairly boring now that I look back at it. Of course you can use it- there's nobody to stop you. Of course, you probably can't use TBL's Toaster, and probably not the ICC's demigod version I created.Just a warning- I'm pretty sure that they made a better Vahki head for RZMIK. I'll get you the link if I can find it while I still remember this topic.Interesting stuff, by the way.

tumblr_mrji0oZwlq1sqiy2ho1_400.png

Oh wow. Very nice and big comic. I really love how all your comics have a sort of clean feeling. I liked how your put in SeeKay and made it look like I was in my studio. The weight falling was also very amusing and I love the last panel.Thats kinda funny that I needed a villain. LOL

Edited by Terra Nuva

sig2_0.png

Oh wow. Very nice and big comic. I really love how all your comics have a sort of clean feeling. I liked how your put in SeeKay and made it look like I was in my studio. The weight falling was also very amusing and I love the last panel.Thats kinda funny that I needed a villain. LOL
That's just how I see the villain/author relationship, the villain along with the rest of the cast are all paid to do their job.
The Toaster-bot concept... I have no idea why it picked up, to be honest. The characters were mildly interesting but the notion of a mass-produced character is fairly boring now that I look back at it. Of course you can use it- there's nobody to stop you. Of course, you probably can't use TBL's Toaster, and probably not the ICC's demigod version I created.Just a warning- I'm pretty sure that they made a better Vahki head for RZMIK. I'll get you the link if I can find it while I still remember this topic.Interesting stuff, by the way.
Thank you, I'd greatly appreciate that. Edited by Tenuk

Don't Click It

These are actually quite good.Only thing is that the comics are waay too large. I'm assuming you're using comic life, so when you're exporting the file into a .png, remember to keep it at 72dpi. Otherwise, it's going to be massive.
I greatly appreciate this advice, finally someone else who uses a mac!

Don't Click It

• 2 months later...

10 Points for Gryffindor!Yessir they are! One forgotten password later and here I am! To be honest I'm surprised you realized since I don't recall you reading these but if you like them I must be doing something right.BTW the comics aren't dead I have two in the making.

Don't Click It