Set Review: 6230 Stormer XL

Another great review. Though DeeVee forgot to mention the Dark Grey Hero Body included in the set and the fact that the back is a bit gappy. Nonetheless I'll want to stock up on that new ball joint part.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

As usual, thanks for the review and the great pictures! Stormer seems to be quite a parts pack. I may consider buying him at some point. :)-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

Stormer seems to be quite a parts pack.
I agree.IMO that's the only reason for buying it. The set does not look very good apart from the colour scheme. Proportions aren't that great and sadly the weapon looks ridiculous (the handle is too short for the set).Thanks for the review, especially for the pictures, they are great. Edited by Kaxix

:b: :i: :m_o: :n: :i: :c: :l: :e:

Thanks for the review. If I get any money to spend on Hero Factory sets, I might go ahead and get this one. Great pictures by the way!

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Thanks for the review! cool.pngThis set does look cool to me (and its bigger than I thought), but I'd wait for it's price to go down before getting it.

Edited by The Smoke Monster

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Such beautiful parts! The parts count/price ratio is a bit expensive, but given that they're almost all very useful or new parts, I might get it anyway. Some sets in this price point have a lot of parts, but not many that I really need or would use, but this is just the opposite.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

This set looks pretty good.He would look alot better though if his leg armor looked like it did in the show and if his shoulders were a little closer together.I hope Lego makes a limited edition set where Stormer comes with a motorcycle.
That would be nice and all, but don't count on it. For one, we would know about the set at this point. Add to that the fact that he just uses a recoloured Furno bike (re-releasing part of a two-year old set in new colours seems doubtful) and that his price would rocket up. :/
Nice review Dee- did his feet actually have the technic (OOO) pieces on them, or did you add that so that the sockets didn't slip?
I guess DV can answer this one better for you, but I think I do see those technic beams on his CGI pic.-Gata signoff.png

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

welp i guess im sold on this set, mainly for those swords (silver? with blue edges? sign me up!) and the drone-like cladding.i kinda have to disagree on the blue armour on the shoulders looking good though. theyre okay at best, but they seem out-of-place to me for some reason.the new ooo piece with the ball joint in the middle looks absolutely glorious though.

bionicle is trans culture

Dude, I had no idea those mini sockets or 3 length beams even existed, much less that this set had anything cool to it besides some extra large armor. Now I am tempted to pick this up... hope those pieces appear in cheaper sets in the future, they look very useful!Also, good review / pictures, per usual. ;):music:

Man, that new double socket piece is awesome. Shame he doesn't come with more. Otherwise, he does look like a solid set, with lots of good pieces, like the drone cladding, and the new feet. Probably worth picking up, eventually.~B~

Thanks so much for another great set review, DeeVee. Your in-depth descriptions, photos, and funny banter always offer a great perspective on sets I am not yet lucky enough to own.Stormer XL seems like a great set, but in some respects I do think he could be improved, and I certainly won't hesitate to make some modificatioins if I end up buying him. Specifically, I think his legs could be made shorter to shrink the gaps between the armor, and the torso beam used for his back could be swapped with the 7x9 one to both narrow and raise his shoulder joints slightly. Basically the same changes seen here.

What happened to "Bionicle fan sight" now its Herofactory review sight. I dont like this edition to bzp beacause i dislike hero factory anadaa the only reason i signed up is so i could read BIONICLE news. sorry if i was rude.

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

What happened to "Bionicle fan sight" now its Herofactory review sight. I dont like this edition to bzp beacause i dislike hero factory anadaa the only reason i signed up is so i could read BIONICLE news. sorry if i was rude.
Unfortunately, there's really not any Bionicle news to report on. So rather than have the main page be empty, we report on other LEGO-related things.

Thanks. but do you really have to report on ZERO factory? you could do more Moc, art and story contest instead. I am fine with lego news as long as it dosent involve zero factory. thanks for replying to my earlier comment

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

Thanks. but do you really have to report on ZERO factory? you could do more Moc, art and story contest instead. I am fine with lego news as long as it dosent involve zero factory. thanks for replying to my earlier comment
Hero Factory is the successor to Bionicle. Whether you're a fan of it or not, a lot of our members do want to hear about it.

Hero Factory is the successor to Bionicle. Whether you're a fan of it or not, a lot of our members do want to hear about it.
Right. I am personally tired of all the hate.LEGO fans can like both.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

Finally got this guy during Brickfair, and I've found an effective moderator for him is to narrow the back torso beam to a 7x9 torso beam, lengthen the upper arms to 6M beams, and (if you prefer) swap the torso shell on his abdomen with a Breakout torso shell from Nex, Surge, or Stringer. The Breakout torso shell looks quite nice on him (not necessarily better than the 2.0 torso shell, but more consistent with his teammates), but only works if you narrow the shoulders since otherwise the gaps between the torso and the support beams on his sides become all the more evident. Likewise, by both narrowing the shoulders and lengthening the upper arms, the distance between the drones on his shoulders and arms stays about the same.