What Did The Update Do It Didn't Do Much

Pabakal

I don't know if you remember the old forum, but this is blazing fast compared to that one. Maybe it's because we've got no data on here compared to the last one, but we'll see. So far I'm feeling like this is pretty fast though.And we get PMship for over a month, that's never bad. :)

{Z}

I'm finding it far faster than the old forums. Before I rarely ever posted because the forums would always lag out and dispay error messages only.

CrazyFace-Copy.jpg

Even when trapped by Karma's cycle, the dreams we left behind will open the door! Even if the universe stands in our way,

our seething blood will determine what will be! We'll break through time and space, and defy all who would stop us to take hold of our path!

~

The new software is indeed much faster because there is far less to load than before, which will also strain the server less and thus fasten it. ;) So it´s kind of a "double speed boost". :P~Gata. ;)

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

There's a mobile version of this site besides the BZP home page compatible with iOS. :D

Oh yea, you know that's right! And there's an app with push notifications!

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

There's a mobile version of this site besides the BZP home page compatible with iOS. :biggrin:

Whoa... An actual BZP App?
Is there really? There's no mobile version of the site [at least there isn't for Android], but is there an app?

{Z}

There's a mobile version of this site besides the BZP home page compatible with iOS. :biggrin:

Actually, no. It's an IPB app, and you can add BZP to it. It's still pretty handy, cause it let's you get push notifications.

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

It's much faster. Not to mention there are a lot less people on the site.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

It's possible that he may be talking about the general rules too. Like the lack of word filter and linking policy changes. Are there still plans to implement the proposed changes?

Like Black Six would say, "it´s on the list". ;)~Gata. ;)

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

There's also a "Return to Top of the Page" button at the bottom of every topic...it looks like a white triangle in a grey circle. I don't think the old forum had that, but I do miss the quick launch drop-down at the bottom of each page.

{Z}

It does seem faster, but BZP is lacking it's own skin. It's just that bland, ipb skin with a new, Bionicle-less logo. Okay, the old skin wasn't that Bionicle-y either, but it was bright, it had a big of contrast and the logo, despite being old, made it clear that BZP was a Bionicle forum.

There's also a "Return to Top of the Page" button at the bottom of every topic...it looks like a white triangle in a grey circle. I don't think the old forum had that, but I do miss the quick launch drop-down at the bottom of each page.

Actually on the old board there was one beneath every post, next to the report button.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Along with what everyone else has said, there ia now a "blog this" button that lets you quote a post in your blog. Perfect for if you post a MoC and want to put in a blog entry about it too.

I was there when Bionicle started in 2001. The next ten years were a great run. Sadly, all things must come to an end. But I will stop by and check in from time to time.

In the old forums, all the stuff that had been posted over the course of ten years was all stored in an editable format on the actual site. None of it was archived and so it really clogged up browsing around. Now all that old stuff is archived in a read-only format that doesn't take up nearly as much space. This way the forums move much faster. Also, from what I understand the staff also had to change their hosting service because their long-time host stopped providing hosting services. Also, it changed some of the forums (collectables and sets are put together, there's a new movies/music artwork forum, and everything is under the "Lego" heading instead of Bionicle). So yeah, overall quite an improvement, except for the skin. -don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Actually, no. It's an IPB app, and you can add BZP to it. It's still pretty handy, cause it let's you get push notifications.
Could you perhaps supply a link to that app? That would be very useful for me...

Could you perhaps supply a link to that app? That would be very useful for me...

Sure. I haven't actually gotten any notifications from it yet; I'll have to look into it. http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ip.board-communities/id372597645?mt=8

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually rather fond of the new layout. It's much sleeker. Of course, the tiny detail that every other click doesn't result in an error message now is, you know, kind of a plus. Tap-dancing on the F5 key to view a page might have been good exercise, but it wasn't exactly good for my mental health.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

For me, it is much faster compared to the old one. It used to take like an eternity to load a topic... and now it is just instanteous! :D

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

It's incredibly faster, and so far after at least two weeks of lots of BZP use, I've only gotten one board message, and that resolved itself with a single refresh. Plus, the forums got reorganized a bit, the profile/blog system is a lot easier to use and sleeker, and the notification system is a plus. :mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Yes, yes, it is faster. It took me a day to get a little more used to the look and format of the forums pages too. But itʻs still BZP. Itʻs a lot easier to post without having to remember all the BBC code for everything. We did wait a while, but its here. enjoy it! - Darok

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." - Steve Prefontaine

And if you used bzp from 2005-2007, you know what I'm talking about (BUBBLE WRAP)

For your nostalgic pleasure.I dunno, it might just be me, but I've been getting tons of "server obesity," as Sumiki put it in another topic.But, I do enjoy the upgrade. I must share Black Six's sentiments on how reports are handled now. It's a huge improvement.