AKA the Doom Buggy, involving the Doomy Dooms of Doom! Worked on this for quite a while around May or so, and thought I'd stagger posting it, as I had things like Yarrohk and Bokoch to post at the time. As the title indicates, it is able to be remote controlled, as it uses the Manas body as its core. Personally, I'm pretty proud of this, due to how it incorporates a viable working function and such.

"All it leaves in its wake are craters, pools of motor oil, and rusty gears."

thumb.jpg

^Link to Gallery^

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

http://vimeo.com/46722538

As the video demonstrates, the cannons also rotate with the wheels, using a system of various gears along the back. Unfortunately, however, due to minor variations in the gears, it doesn't roll in a straight line when it should move forward, but that's not really something I could fix, as using numerous different gears didn't help.I could have sent this to BrickFair for people to play with, but the gear system actually ended up being a lot more fragile than I had thought it would be, alongside the fact that it doesn't move perfectly. Also, at one point in the video the wheels appear to be moving very spastically. I think that's due to how the remote control was way off to the side, and not pointing at the MOC directly enough. What can I say, I had an odd setup, with juggling camera, MOC, and remote. :P

Enjoy. ^_^

~B~

Edited by Ballom

This is outstanding, personally I don't think I've ever seen a MOC using a Manas body, I like how you customized the remote control! The front is awesome with those wheels, and the (eyes), but the little guns top it off. When i saw that the cannons moved at the same time as the wheels I fell in love with the creation, gears are something I haven't really messed with, but this makes me want to! 10/10

Nice! Having messed with a lot of gears myself, though, I suggest using more technic beams and a lot of bracing to help make your gears stay together. The minigun gears look particularly shaky, they're held in place at two points by only one stud of axle friction. One thing the gear is naturally going to want to do is move up, away from 16-tooth gear driving it. Friction won't hold it there for long. You need solid beams, with pins or axles perpendicular to the path it will naturally shift, to keep it sturdy. Of course, even to myself, what I just said is really confusing without pictures.Are the two gear systems actually composed of different gears? They look symmetrical to me. I know that there's often some difference in the motors themselves, though, which can make it roll crooked.Very nice design, it looks excellent.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

This is outstanding, personally I don't think I've ever seen a MOC using a Manas body, I like how you customized the remote control! The front is awesome with those wheels, and the (eyes), but the little guns top it off. When i saw that the cannons moved at the same time as the wheels I fell in love with the creation, gears are something I haven't really messed with, but this makes me want to! 10/10
I don't recall seeing too many things with a Manas body, either. And of course I customized the remote, otherwise it wouldn't have matched as well! I hadn't used gears much prior to this either, but it was a blast overall.
Nice! Having messed with a lot of gears myself, though, I suggest using more technic beams and a lot of bracing to help make your gears stay together. The minigun gears look particularly shaky, they're held in place at two points by only one stud of axle friction. One thing the gear is naturally going to want to do is move up, away from 16-tooth gear driving it. Friction won't hold it there for long. You need solid beams, with pins or axles perpendicular to the path it will naturally shift, to keep it sturdy. Of course, even to myself, what I just said is really confusing without pictures.Are the two gear systems actually composed of different gears? They look symmetrical to me. I know that there's often some difference in the motors themselves, though, which can make it roll crooked.Very nice design, it looks excellent.
I confess I don't really understand all of what you've detailed there, so pictures would be appreciated.I should have clarified about the gears. The gear pieces themselves are the same, but there appear to be minor variations in the teeth of the individual gears, so that although the same mold, they roll minutely differently. Or, the motor differs from side to side. Hard to say, really.
Cool! I like how you incorporated the Manas body while keeping it not too blocky, and the rotating cannons are awesome, However, the front wheels look a bit lazy and slapped-on.
I'm sorry you think that; I tried to make them seem as integrated into the body as possible, although they do still have a clear T shape. If anything, I'd say the rear wheels are lazy, as I threw those on after realizing it needed them for balance.
Man, that thing is cool. The color scheme really reminds me of some sort of Skrall weapon - very monstrous and totally capable of rampant destruction in its features. The design is great, using that Manas body to really make an incredible MOC. Excellent job.-Ced
Thanks! I actually didn't think of the Skrall, but you're quite right, given how it has their color scheme of lime and black.Anyway, thanks for all of the comments, everyone! ^_^~B~