• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Major Site Updates

mediawiki update skin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline Shadow Kurahk

Shadow Kurahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Attacks!

• 3,658 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 01 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hello everyone, this is Shadow Kurahk, TNW Administrator/Webmaster. TNW Staff member Meiko posted recently about this in our official topic.Over the past weekend and throughout the rest of this week, The Ninjago Wiki underwent and will undergo a few major site updates.We first moved the entire site from ninjas.brickcraft.me to ninja.brickcraft.me/wiki (note "ninja" versus "ninjas"). All old URLs on ninjas.brickcraft.me now redirect to their corresponding page on ninja.brickcraft.me/wiki (ninjas.brickcraft.me/Kai --> ninja.brickcraft.me/wiki/Kai). More plans regarding the use of the ninja.brickcraft.me domain will be revealed within the coming months.Secondly, we upgraded MediaWiki to the latest stable version, 1.19. This really only affects the background as well as technical issues and maintenance.And finally, we are removing the green jungle-y theme that was previously on the site and replacing it with a modified Vector theme. This new theme adds a navigation at the top of the page and replaces the user links with a user dropdown. This new theme also features a header image, and you will have several options in terms of different header images, so you will be able to pick the one you like best. This new system will replace the current "Skin" system on the wiki. The default skin is "Bonsai," which will feature a traditional Japanese art piece of a bonsai tree as the header image and the default TNW logo. We will add more skins in the next week and month.We will roll out more details on the skin throughout the week. Throughout this entire process, there may be sudden changes in appearance or minor site errors. Please bear with us until we finish the process.You may discuss the updates here, including questions or concerns. If you are experiencing an error, let us know here, and if it's something we know about, we'll keep you posted. If not, we'll take a look.Thank you for your patience while we work through this process!-SK

Edited by XII. Larxene, Aug 07 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#2 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,042 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 01 2012 - 01:30 PM

Also, if anybody has any questions about updates to updates to wiki-related stuff (templates, content, etc), please let myself or Infrared (Morris the Mata Nui Cow) know. If you have any questions about background work (themes, interface, etc.), please talk to Shadow Kurahk or Bioran know.

Edited by Meiko, Aug 01 2012 - 03:06 PM.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Former administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)
MediaWiki developer (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users