Bionicle: Masks of the Elders

Valrahk

In the Matoran Universe, peace has long since taken hold. Evil has been banished from the world, and the guardians of the Matoran saw fit to leave them to their lives unaided. The Toa, once great heroes and defenders of right and good, are now a faded memory. Even the Great Spirit, once ever-present, now seems but a distant shadow, a mythical being from a bygone age.Few alive even remember the times when these figures roamed the land, and even they are fading into history.But there are those who remember all too clearly, and now see fit to destroy this peace. With the world complacent, they have begun to move what little forces they have left, and plunge an unsuspecting planet into a greater darkness than it has ever known. The only beings who could have stopped them are now but lifeless relics in shrines, a mere facade, an image of what they once were. This is a world on the edge.This is the world of...

Bionicle: Masks of the Elders

News:8-21-2012: The final preparations for Act III's Enhanced Soundtrack Version are underway. I should be able to release it soon, either tomorrow or Thursday.8-3-2012: Act III Released!It's been far too long, but it's finally here! Meet friends and foes old and new as Arikan and company continue their journey and gear up for a dramatic confrontation with Arkhus. The crafting system has been added, and the once top-secret combat enhancement, the ability to summon the Toa of old, is now available. The stakes have been raised. The fate of the world now rests in your hands.Beta Testing Positions:-Jowm-Burnmad: Toa of Emoticons-ZerotheMaster-Voxumo The Frozen One-Downloads:Demo 1.1, Standard VersionDemo 1.1, Enhanced Soundtrack VersionDemo 2, Standard VersionDemo 2, Enhanced Soundtrack VersionVersion 3 (Standard Version): http://www.mediafire...z7ky12204as444zVersion 3 (Enhanced Soundtrack Version): COMING SOONDemo 2 WalkthroughBoss Guide for Demo 2Element Chart(Excel Spreadsheet)Screenshots:Act I:http://www.brickshel...tletutorial.pngThe First Battlehttp://www.brickshel...akoroteaser.pngZa-Koro, wasteland townhttp://www.brickshel...ragameeting.pngA Meeting With the Turagahttp://www.brickshel...ase/ximetru.pngXi-Metru's streetshttp://www.brickshel...se/mountain.pngScaling The Mountainhttp://www.brickshel...peningmovie.pngThe Opening cinematic, circa Demo 2Act II:http://www.brickshel...brarystairs.pngHow will you get past this little obstacle?http://www.brickshel...arybasement.pngIn the Basement of the Libraryhttp://www.brickshel...orodirector.pngAn Incident in Na-korohttp://www.brickshel.../ikuriatent.pngSearching for Ikuriahttp://www.brickshel...a/iceforest.pngExploring the Ice ForestAct III: Coming Soon.Features:-All-New, Original Story-An enormous overworld to explore-A cast of rich, unique characters-Elemental Class System - choose your classes to fit your combat style-Summoning System - Summon the Toa of old to fight with your party-Challenging Combat-Item and Weapon Crafting-And Much, Much MoreTeaser Stories:Click here. - will fix link soon.Production Blog Link: Click here. - will fix link soon.Credits:Graphics: Bonesiii/Ojhilom, InnerRayg, ValrahkMusic: a site I can't mention in the forum because the site has forums.Sound Effects: Runtime Package, ValrahkComing Soon: Blog Updates, Act III screenshots

Edited by Valrahk

Yay! Finally!Is there anything I need to do to get my saved progress from Demo 2 to Demo 3?

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Yay! Finally!Is there anything I need to do to get my saved progress from Demo 2 to Demo 3?
Unfortunately, you'll have to start again from the beginning - the Crafting system required that I change around quite a few items, and it was just far too much of a hassle to work around all of that to include backwards compatibility*. The good news in all of this is that there's a lot more items, particularly weapons, available, some of which should make the tougher parts of Acts I and II easier.*-In addition to having to write a script to replace all of the affected items (which could easily have resulted in some annoying glitches), there's also the bosses to take into account - each of them now drops a rare crafting item in addition to its Artifact (check your items after the battle), and the fact that you'd enter the game with two acts' worth of missing resources. It all adds up to a picture that isn't very pretty for anyone involved... It was just easier to not even try.

OK. Unfortunate, but the crafting system sounds like it's worth it.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

I can't play the third version. A strange screen shows up with lots of ??? when I try to install. I think I may have done it but it's relaly confusing. What should I be seeing?
The trick with the installer is this: When you reach the window full of ? marks, check both boxes (I'm not entirely sure what either one does, really...), and click the bold button (the one that should probably say "OK" or "Start." If you start seeing a whole lot of progress bars in succession, that means you're installing. Once it's done, try looking in your Start menu, under Programs. You should see a new folder with RPG and some gibberish in the name. The game should be in there.

If you don't have a walkthrough for Act III yet, I can write one for you if you like.

Muffin button

• 2 weeks later...
Great Demo 3! I saw some typos. Haha. The Guide guy part was really weird, every time he walked backwards, I got a little creeped out. Haha. And also the last part with him. Can't wait to see Demo 4 or the full game! ^_^WEEGEE
I'm sure I missed a few little typos here and there - with a script as long as the one in the game, and especially with one that has so many different versions implemented, I doubt there's any realistic way to remove all of them.As far as the Guide goes - good to see he had the intended effect.And, at this point, I may as well just come out and say it - There are going to be no less than five acts to this game, but the third Demo is the last one before the final release: because of the way Acts IV and V transition into each other, there's no real way to break them into separate Demo's. You'll see once I finally get the game finished.
I got the folder but I can't open it. When I try to, something pops up asking me what to load it in. However, I have no idea what to load it in. What should I do?
Hm... could you post a screenshot of the window you're getting?

After setting up, I went to "All Programs" and found the strange "Rpg" thing. It doesn't have anything in the folder except for a file that my computer can't identify.
What's the name of the file? Does it look like it's the game's name, or something else? Also, just out of curiosity, what operating system are you running?

What's the name of the file? Does it look like it's the game's name, or something else? Also, just out of curiosity, what operating system are you running?
Windows 7The Folder is RPGfcfN[f<2003The folder is contains is something similarThe file is named BIONICLE.

The Legend Lives...

Windows 7The Folder is RPGfcfN[f<2003The folder is contains is something similarThe file is named BIONICLE.
I have the same problem

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I have the same problem
Okay, I just checked up on this, here's hoping it helps:When you go to open the game, right click, and click Properties.Actually, never mind that.Um, actually, I just looked at my own file, and something's wrong with it. Apparently the file that's supposed to be the game is somehow corrupted. I'll investigate this, and get back to you soon. I'll also have to hold off on the Enhanced Soundtrack version to make sure that's compatible.

I've been meaning to report this bug for a while, but never got around to it. Anyway, in the Artahkan Catacombs (the second time), there's that elemental puzzle with all six elements. I can't seem to push the Ice block at all, from any direction. This makes it impossible to complete the puzzle, so I'm stuck at that part, otherwise Act III has been awesome so far. You're a talented writer, although like Hukster said there are a few typos here and there. I really like how the story is turning up so far. Five acts though... wow.

Muffin button

I've been meaning to report this bug for a while, but never got around to it. Anyway, in the Artahkan Catacombs (the second time), there's that elemental puzzle with all six elements. I can't seem to push the Ice block at all, from any direction. This makes it impossible to complete the puzzle, so I'm stuck at that part, otherwise Act III has been awesome so far. You're a talented writer, although like Hukster said there are a few typos here and there. I really like how the story is turning up so far. Five acts though... wow.
Huh... I just looked through the code for that part, and did a search for the switches and variables that might affect it, but there doesn't appear to be anything wrong. I can't explain it. The ice block code is exactly the same as the other blocks' code, and I managed to get through that part on my continuity test. Did you hear any sounds when you walked in the room or when all the other blocks were placed (namely the "switch pressed" or "puzzle completed" sounds)?As a possible (and completely untested) solution, try moving the Ice block second (after Water, so you can actually move Ice around), and, while it's on my mind, did you save after finding this glitch, or before?As for the installation issues, I'm investigating, but things will go slowly. I'm really, really busy right now, for pretty much the whole week.Also, since apparently I'm in a spoilery mood lately,

Act IV is going to ~1.5x the length of Act III (6-7 dungeons, by my count), and will contain all of the side-quests (which are not factored into the length), while Act V will be very short, 1-2 dungeons, depending on how you look at it.

Did you hear any sounds when you walked in the room or when all the other blocks were placed (namely the "switch pressed" or "puzzle completed" sounds)?
Unfortunately, no.
As a possible (and completely untested) solution, try moving the Ice block second (after Water, so you can actually move Ice around),
Tried, unsuccessful.
and, while it's on my mind, did you save after finding this glitch, or before?
After. I hiked back to the closest Olmak Post, saved, closed the game, opened it, and the same glitch. Actually, I did that several times. My characters are rather high levels by now... and I'm filthy rich.... The weird thing is, Ice moved the first time I did the puzzle. I think I got the blocks on the wrong squares however, so I left that room, went back in, and Ice has been stuck since.

Muffin button

and, while it's on my mind, did you save after finding this glitch, or before?
After. I hiked back to the closest Olmak Post, saved, closed the game, opened it, and the same glitch. Actually, I did that several times. My characters are rather high levels by now... and I'm filthy rich....The weird thing is, Ice moved the first time I did the puzzle. I think I got the blocks on the wrong squares however, so I left that room, went back in, and Ice has been stuck since.
That's it - I know what went wrong now, and I know how to fix that. You must've pushed Ice into the right spot, but none of the others, so that's why it's stuck. I forgot to put code in to reset the puzzle if you leave partway through. Sorry about that.I'll do my best to get an update soon, once I figure out what's going wrong with the installation.EDIT: Life's been insanely busy, so fixing these issues has taken a back seat for now. I'll see if I can figure things out this weekend, though. Edited by Valrahk

• 2 weeks later...
I installed version 3 and no corrupted files came about... yet.
Anything that would go wrong with corrupted files (at least in regard to the problem at hand) would be at installation, so if you can play the game, you're good.As for fixing the problem, I have a clue as to what might be going wrong, but it'll take at least until the weekend to fix.On an unrelated note, I found a tool that will help improve color quality on some of the monster graphics. It's a little thing, but on some graphics, like battle animations and elemental monsters (e.g. the Vahlkri) it'll save me a lot of future headaches.EDIT: The idea I had for fixing the installation issues didn't pan out, so I've PMed everyone who's reported their installation results, successful or not. Hopefully I can get a better picture of what's going on.UPDATE: Sorry for taking so long with this. I've been extremely busy lately. Anyway, I think I may have a fix for the installation issues: First, uninstall (or, if that's not possible, delete the files for) Elders Demo 3, then download and install an earlier version. Then, try installing the Demo 3 again, and see if it works this time. Edited by Valrahk