Sotiro: Star's End

Chro

Hello all!This will be my first MOC post on the site, so if I mess anything up majorly, please inform me. :biggrin: Sotiro is a unique Toa with the ability to control certain celestial events and forces, e.g. supernovas and black holes. Not much backstory other than that; the MOC itself was strongly inspired by the Transformers Prime incarnation of Soundwave.100_4673.jpgBrickshelf Gallery: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=505849MOCpage:http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/327636(I'm not completely certain of how to resize images; if that is a problem then I apologize.)

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

This is pretty cool. The head and the legs are both nicely designed. The arms are also pretty cool. Although they're nicely done, the legs look a bit short. Great job on this though!
Thanks for the feedback! I wasn't sure what to do for the head, so I just doodled with some parts, and eventually got what you see on the MOC. The legs are actually almost as long as the torso; I suppose they could do well to be a little bit longer. Unfortunately I disassembled Sotiro a long time ago, as I do with most of my MOCs; otherwise I would try to improve him. Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Amazing, my favorite part is the kakamas.

"EXTERMINATE"-Dalek #1 to #3458271

If you have a self MOC you would like me to build just PM me and I'll make it as long as I have the pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 4699-6562-6279

Pokemon Y safari: Audino, Dunsparce and Chansey

Amazing, my favorite part is the kakamas.
Thanks, Turtleman. Through some bizarre series of misunderstandings I ended up with three Pohatu Phantokas, so I decided to put the masks to good use. :) Edited by Chro

but their spirits

I love him! His colors are consistent, (despite some blue pins) his arms are very original, and so is actually his entire construction. Cool elemental ability as well. As for the mask, I usually find that custom heads are tough to do, but you managed one that looks a lot like a kanohi. I cannot wait to see more mocs from you. Excellent job!

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

I love him! His colors are consistent, (despite some blue pins) his arms are very original, and so is actually his entire construction. Cool elemental ability as well. As for the mask, I usually find that custom heads are tough to do, but you managed one that looks a lot like a kanohi. I cannot wait to see more mocs from you. Excellent job!
Thanks Ranubis! The blue pins and liftarms were added deliberately as accents, though I'm not sure how well that turned out. I've had some experience with custom heads, so I'm glad you think this one was good.
This, here, is one pretty sweet MOC.I really like the colors, although I'm not sure if they would truly represent black holes. (I'm thinking more black and blue here. Still very cool, though. :biggrin:)- :b: :c: :2: :1:
Thank you! Since he represents black holes and stars, I was thinking along the lines of orange for stars, black and blue (pins, liftarms, other accents) for black holes, and light bley as sort of a neutral balance. Glad you like it nonetheless! :) Edited by Chro

but their spirits

Very nice! The smooth Technic body looks great, as does the head. I really like the hands, very good use of those panels. The legs are very detailed, creative placement of Kakamas. At first I didn't really like the blue pins, but after looking at the post above I understand why you used them, they even look good there.

517px-Clone_Wars_-_Season_5_Trailer_2_-_

Very nice! The smooth Technic body looks great, as does the head. I really like the hands, very good use of those panels. The legs are very detailed, creative placement of Kakamas. At first I didn't really like the blue pins, but after looking at the post above I understand why you used them, they even look good there.
Thanks! I was going for a sharp contrast between the smooth panels and the greebly technic areas. And yes, I felt like just orange, grey, and black was kinda boring, so I decided to add in an accent color, which also fit with the element explanation. Glad you like the MOC. :D

but their spirits

I like it, especially the arms and lower legs.
Thanks. As I mentioned, the MOC was inspired by Soundwave, and Sotiro's arms were based on his bladelike ones.(The legs had no particular source of inspiration.) :)

but their spirits

Oh. I get it. :P If you were going for an accent color, next time I would try to add a bit more of the color in the structure or armor, just to prevent cretins like me from misunderstanding. Still, really cool moc.
Yes, I suppose so. I added a few blue greebles and such as well. Thanks for the feedback nonetheless! :D

but their spirits