Where in the MU was the Pit?

We know that after the Great Cataclysm, water flooded into the Pit and destroyed the prison, the the inmates went into the surrounding ocean. What we don't know is where that is in the MU. My theory is that it's located on one of the large islands in Mata Nui's feet. It would be far away from most civilizations, and they had east access to the ocean. Also, Voya Nui was far south of Mata Nui (the island), which covered Mata Nui's face, and since Voya Nui was floating above the new Pit, it can't have been far from the old one. My theory is that it's in his left foot, but that's just something I've always thought for no real reason...

I believe the Pit was above the Southern Continent, between the ceiling of that continent's dome and the robot's outer layer.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I believe the Pit was above the Southern Continent, between the ceiling of that continent's dome and the robot's outer layer.
That's correct; it was not on any island within the normal-level domes. It was in a very special location that would be extremely hard to safely escape from.And since that answers the question, the topic will now be closed. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)