• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Pipe Cleaner versions of the Toa Nuva

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Freezer Burn

Freezer Burn
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 291 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2012 - 09:18 PM

Now I know most people probably were confused by that title. I know pipe cleaners are an unusual medium to sculpt armored defenders of justice with, but I gave it a shot. I hope you all like them!GaliKopakaPohatuLewaOnuaTahuEdit: No more glitching, Tahu is up, and thank you Spinjitsu Master for letting me know.

Edited by Ranubis, Sep 06 2012 - 08:07 PM.

Look at me still talking when there's science to do!

#2 Offline Soran

Soran
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 823 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2012 - 09:25 PM

This is just... Amazing. I can't explain how awesome this is. I can't really critique it either just because of how well made it is. I guess the only downfall is the lack of the actual nuva armor. Other than that I think that this is just awesome, really well made. I think my favorite part is that you even gave them eyes.~Soran

#3 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,297 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2012 - 09:30 PM

This is absolutely epic. Even as pipe cleaners, they all look awesome and the colors actually look pretty accurate. My only complaint is that there's no Nuva armor to come with it. Awesome job on this!

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

"Everyone wondered what powered Zane. I don't know if we'll ever know. I like to

think he was a brother. Because he powered me... and he'll still power me as his memory lives on.

A ninja never quits and a ninja will never be forgotten. Wherever you are Zane...

you'll always be one of us..."

~ Kai, Ninjago

#4 Offline Freezer Burn

Freezer Burn
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 291 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 10 2012 - 09:38 PM

Wow! Thank you! My excuse for not including nuva armor is that they are in their adaptive armor forms, but that really doesn't cut it. Thanks for the comments!

#5 Offline The Renegade Emperor

The Renegade Emperor
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2012 - 08:27 AM

Wow, they're very nice. Even though it's kind of odd, their appearance really makes me think of how they've always been pictured, dunno if you catch my meaning... Nuva Armor would have been a good add, but I guess that, first of all, they must look good at the author's eyes, right? Excellent job anyways. I especially like Kopaka, great job on him, IMO. Overall 8/10

halo4-spartans.jpg

#6 Offline ~The 1st Shadow~

~The 1st Shadow~
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,231 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 11 2012 - 02:14 PM

Not exactly something I expect to find on here everyday... So thumbs up for the creativity! They are all easily recognizable as the Nuva. No real flaws that I can think of, as this is the first time I've seen something like this. Nice job!Posted Image

askcyrahk2.jpg

Credit to Shattered Mask Productions for the signoff!

#7 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 838 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 31 2012 - 05:01 PM

I dont think I can really judge this seeing as I have never seen like it. It looks well done, but I have never imagined fuzzy toa nuva before!

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#8 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,244 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 02 2012 - 12:22 PM

Oh man, that's cool. That's a very interesting medium, and you get bonus points for trying something new. Kopaka looks awesome.The only flaw I can see is the Pohatu has massive hands while Lewa has skinny legs. The models could be slightly more symmetrical, but that's nitpicking.8.5/10Extremely creative concept, well executed.

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#9 Offline Freezer Burn

Freezer Burn
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 291 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 04 2012 - 02:12 PM

Thanks everyone, I never expected to have this much positive feedback. The Renegade Emperor: I actually know what you mean, I tried to capture their spirit more than their actual appearance. It's nice to know I succeeded! P.S. I love your sig. Just a random comment. ~The 1st Shadow~: Thank you very much! Yeah usually I do animals in this medium, but hey, everything is better with Bionicles. ~garniria returns~: Thanks a bunch! I would try to get used to seeing things like this, I have a rahkshi in the works. :PSummer Don't Know: It's always nice to hear that something you made is interesting. :) Pohatu's hands were actually inspired by a moc I saw a while back where he was depicted almost as a soccer goalie, so I felt his hands should be beefed up. As for Lewa, I do see what you mean, I think I was running out of green pipe cleaners at the time... :/ Thank you all so much!

#10 Offline Spinjitzu Master

Spinjitzu Master
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 04 2012 - 05:38 PM

Ah...it is good to see something so fresh in BIONICLE art. Drawings are nice and all, but the uniqueness and accuracy of these is stunning.I am pretty sure Brickshelf is up again, can we see Tahu?

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
PM me if you wish to know more about BIONICLE: Showdown!

#11 Offline Loganto The Bo-Matoran

Loganto The Bo-Matoran
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 793 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 11:56 PM

They look so... fluffy! I want one! except I want one that isn't made of pipe cleaners, but a nice soft fabric and stuffed with cotton!

Derp!

output_fmwrer.gif   1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png   output_fmwrer.gif

(Links do not work at the moment)

#12 Offline InnerRayg

InnerRayg
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Buttest of Dialers

• 12,846 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 02:38 AM

They look so... fluffy! I want one! except I want one that isn't made of pipe cleaners, but a nice soft fabric and stuffed with cotton! Derp!
Derp indeed, this topic's way past its revival date!Topic closed.

webbanner.gif

Latest Update: STORM AND SAND

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users