Lego Superheroes "ultrabuild" Discussion

Mesonak

While these aren't Hero Factory sets persay, they use the same building system and pieces that HF has used since 2.0. As such I think this is a fitting place to post a topic for discussion about them. Here's a gallery consisting of the officially released pictures of the boxart (as of now). Confirmed sets include: Batman - $14.99The Joker - $14.99Green Lantern - $14.99Captain America - $14.99Hulk - $14.99Iron Man - $14.99 The DC Universe sets are the only ones that have had their Box Art officially released, however the Marvel sets (bar Captain America) were show at Comic-Con earlier this year. Those can also be found in the gallery above. My opinions on these are that they are best for their pieces (Purple and Mata Green cladding? Yes please), but as far the actual sets go, they're somewhat lacking. Except Iron Man, because he actually looks like he belongs seeing as he's in robotic armor. Discuss. -Mesonak

Edited by Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

OMG...I can't decide whether these are some of the awesomest or goofiest things I've seen. I mean, I've always wanted my comic book superheros in Bionicle/Hero Factory form but..they do look somewhat lacking. Like Hulk for instance. He looks good on the top, but man beef his legs up. He's the Hulk for crying out loud! And why the heck isn't he mostly lime green? Unless of course the Lego group wanted to incorporate Grey Hulk and Green Hulk into one set, that grey armor on his arms should be lime green along with all the black pieces he has. I do like the huge lime green chest piece though. That looks awesome. Why doesn't the Joker's weapon have a flag on the end that says BANG! like most of his joke weapons do? That would complete him. He also looks a bit silly, but then again he is the Joker :lol: I'll agree with you on Iron Man looking the best. Batman and Green Lantern don't look bad either, but Iron Man looks the most like his comic book form. Great find man! I really wanna see the Captain America one. I'm more than likely to spend my money on this. Even if they do look goofy, I'll buy them over some Hero Factory sets..even with additional price

Have free time and wanna read a comedy? Why not read mine called Those Crazy Sets! or BarrakiLeader735's called Ask the Glatorian!

R.I.P Grandpa. You will be missed.

bionicle_sig2.png

I don't like these at all. Although I will admit that there are some good pieces in these, the sets themselves seem like they were made by LEGO's back-up for the back-up developers... :P

Ditto'd. I think the Joker may indeed be the ugliest Lego set I have ever seen. -Heat

I don't like these at all. Although I will admit that there are some good pieces in these, the sets themselves seem like they were made by LEGO's back-up for the back-up developers... :P

Ditto'd. I think the Joker may indeed be the ugliest Lego set I have ever seen. -Heat
I also agree. All he's good for is the parts, especially the purple ones :P

For me, BIONICLE was an epic science fantasy saga with a deep and complex lore, and was best when it was exactly that in its later years. I'm not sorry if that offended you.

I also agree. All he's good for is the parts, especially the purple ones :P
And the gun. Especially the gun. -Heat Edited by Heat

Well, My thoughts are:

• [*]Batman ~ He looks very nice, I like the blue and grey, but I would have probably liked to have seen a cape, considering, well, Batman usually has a cape, right? And I hope the logo on his chest is printed rather than just being a sticker.[*]Green Lantern ~ If I'm honest I wouldn't call myself an expert on Green Lantern, but I do think he looks a little bit too bulky. Maybe a more streamlined look would have been better, with less armour.[*]The Joker ~ Oh. My. Goodness.This is the set that I have been waiting for my entire life. It looks so crazy and bright, and the puuuuuuuurple :D And orange feet. I am 100% getting this.[*]The Hulk ~ The top half is amazing, but he could definitely be bulked up around the legs. I like the way the chest pieces are used on his arms also. Very nice.[*]Iron Man ~ Ok I'm getting this one also. He's amaaaaaaaazing. Seriously, I love Iron Man to pieces, and this truly just works. Maybe because he looks robotic.

They all look a lot like Hero Factory also, which is a positive, as I thoroughly like the Hero Factory design. All in all, I can't wait :D ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

I think that the sets are okay, in that they are well-made for the age range that they are going for,and they do have some nice parts. I dislike the Hulk's preliminary shot at Toy Fair, but I'm certain it will be much better. I like that they are going for diversity, because the Hulk is obviously different in size and shape from all others. Another bit of evidence is that all of their heads are unique, but it makes it difficult to find other uses for them. I think that it will have good potential for younger children, because who doesn't like combining all of the powers of super heroes to make a super super hero? Also, I think that this topic should be moved to LEGO discussion, because LEGO Superheroes has a SYSTEM-based side too. ;)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

I'm in. Batman's been my personal hero for thirty years.Joker gets in to penguin_poet's party as B-man's plus-one. Green Lantern with be great to add onto to make his ring Constructs. Iron Man was made for the 2.0 system. Hulk is adorable. I imagine there will be many comical misadventures in his future at penguin_poet's house.

The only reason I would want any of these are for the purple and green bits. However, at those prices, I don't know if it would be worth it. My hope is that these will go the same way as the Ben 10 sets, with their inflated prices, and be put on clearance eventually at many stores. I might be willing to pay around $8-10 for the Joker and Green Lantern.

42687538174_213a004f2f.jpg

I can see myself buying some of these sets... for there parts :P

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

Well, the sets themselves are terrible. Especially The Hulk and The Joker, who are competing for the title of "most godawfully hideous set ever". Heck, Spiriah was better than they are. But... Mata Green. Purple. Factoring in Thornraxx, BZP's pleas for color are obviously finally getting heard. And Hulk needs to be any other shade of green, and have purple pants.Batman's sword piece is cool, as I said in the HF 4 topic. Also, the Joker's rictus is especially bad. "Your hide will make a fine poncho!"

I like some of these sets; I can see them appealing to a wide demographic, and they have an interesting style to them. Plus, they're each complete parts mines. And we're getting Mata Green back (not to mention the puuuuuurple), which is sweet.

The relatively good reaction for these sets in relation to Ben 10 is somewhat bewildering, but then again DC/Marvel is respectable.These sets are rather horrid and I will not buy any of them (Except maybe Iron Man, I guess. He's the only one that looks decent) though the parts are rather good.

Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

The relatively good reaction for these sets in relation to Ben 10 is somewhat bewildering, but then again DC/Marvel is respectable.These sets are rather horrid and I will not buy any of them (Except maybe Iron Man, I guess. He's the only one that looks decent) though the parts are rather good.

It's not really fair to compare these to Ben 10, because these sets use the vastly superior and infinitely more complex HF 2.0 build system. So you know that as far as the build goes these guys will be solid. The only thing which is really bad about them is their heads and colors, and the fact that some characters don't really work with the HF 2.0 build system because it's intended for robots (Joker, for instance). Compare that to Ben 10 which had horribly simplified construction, coupled with obnoxious heads and next-to-useless pieces, though their aesthetic was a step in the right direction. tldr; Sets are leaps and bounds better than Ben 10, and aren't even in the same category. -Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

It's not really fair to compare these to Ben 10, because these sets use the vastly superior and infinitely more complex HF 2.0 build system. So you know that as far as the build goes these guys will be solid. The only thing which is really bad about them is their heads and colors, and the fact that some characters don't really work with the HF 2.0 build system because it's intended for robots (Joker, for instance). Compare that to Ben 10 which had horribly simplified construction, coupled with obnoxious heads and next-to-useless pieces, though their aesthetic was a step in the right direction. tldr; Sets are leaps and bounds better than Ben 10, and aren't even in the same category. -Mesonak
Fair enough, though to tell the truth I'd hardly call the Ben 10 pieces useless considering their prominence in this summer wave's Hero Factory sets. Even then, the heads, which were useless, are just as bad this time around. More to the point, I feel that Ben 10 was an experiment to work with the 'new' system of constraction building. If Ben 10 had been released next year instead of the superhero line, and this line had been released back in 2010, it would have been the other way around. These sets remain pretty poorly made, the only reason why they would be worth buying being the pieces, which i suppose is a good enough reason. I just felt like commenting on that. Edited by dotcom

AXKP5KC.png

If it weren't for the pieces, I wouldn't get these. Bu the purple and mata green are awesome. :ahhh: ahhhh... yes.

Edited by GeluNumber1

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Well, the sets themselves are terrible.Especially The Hulk and The Joker, who are competing for the title of "most godawfully hideous set ever".Heck, Spiriah was better than they are. But... Mata Green. Purple. Factoring in Thornraxx, BZP's pleas for color are obviously finally getting heard. And Hulk needs to be any other shade of green, and have purple pants.Batman's sword piece is cool, as I said in the HF 4 topic. Also, the Joker's rictus is especially bad. "Your hide will make a fine poncho!"

The Hulk isn't actually that bad, though, as others have said, he needs bulking up around the legs. Joker is horrible though, as I've said earlier in the thread. -Heat

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get Batman, because he has some great blue armor pieces.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

At least when it was released, I was a fan of Ben 10 Alien Force... This is just... just... ... Disgustingly BAD. I mean, yeah, there are some nice parts, and Mata green and red are a plus, but these are so horribly constructed. Batman and the Joker look terrible, and the others aren't much better. The only one that I actually like is Iron Man. And that is just because of the gold... and I really enjoyed the movie. Xp So, beautiful parts, but a horrible presentation. It almost looks like they made these so we could just get a pack of parts... I dunno. Maybe if they a cheep, I'll consider it. But for the most part, just as bad as Megabloks. It is a cruel joke... Joker looks like a certain profane word, but all of that purple... EDIT: Scratch that, I looked at the price again. $15.00!? For THAT!? This is theft!

Edited by Evex is back baby YEAH
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

At least when it was released, I was a fan of Ben 10 Alien Force... This is just... just... ... Disgustingly BAD. I mean, yeah, there are some nice parts, and Mata green and red are a plus, but these are so horribly constructed. Batman and the Joker look terrible, and the others aren't much better. The only one that I actually like is Iron Man. And that is just because of the gold... and I really enjoyed the movie. Xp So, beautiful parts, but a horrible presentation. It almost looks like they made these so we could just get a pack of parts... I dunno. Maybe if they a cheep, I'll consider it. But for the most part, just as bad as Megabloks. It is a cruel joke... Joker looks like a certain profane word, but all of that purple... EDIT: Scratch that, I looked at the price again. $15.00!? For THAT!? This is theft!

I would buy them for the parts. But I have no intention of letting Lego think I like them, and giving them money to make more.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I would buy them for the parts. But I have no intention of letting Lego think I like them, and giving them money to make more.
I honestly see nothing wrong with their construction except for: -Hulk's color scheme (inaccurated to his normal color scheme)-Batman's wings (or whatever they are)-Hulk's lower legs. Unfitting for his character-The random silver on Joker-And all of their head sculpts. They all seem to use an interesting torso design which could turn out very good or very bad depending on how its executed. I think Joker's design motif (his clown shoes, gloved hands, and gun, as well as his purple coat and how it's constructed) are pretty great, and the others seem run of the mill Hero Factory, except Hulk which uses an extremely unconventional design. I can't judge Captain America because I have not seen an actual picture of him yet (I've seen the leaked one, but I won't get into that) I don't see where all the hate is coming from with these guys. For months since these pictures were first released I haven't heard a coherent reason as to why these are bad sets other than "They suck/Worse than Megabloks/etc.". These sets (except maybe Joker) would fit right in with Hero Factory if it weren't for their obnoxious heads, so if you enjoy HF, why would you hate these guys? Especially since we don't have the sets in hand yet to determine if their construction is good or horrendous. I could change my tune completely when a review pops up, but for now, there's no way to tell. -Mesonak

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

I honestly see nothing wrong with their construction except for: -Hulk's color scheme (inaccurated to his normal color scheme)-Batman's wings (or whatever they are)-Hulk's lower legs. Unfitting for his character-The random silver on Joker-And all of their head sculpts. They all seem to use an interesting torso design which could turn out very good or very bad depending on how its executed. I think Joker's design motif (his clown shoes, gloved hands, and gun, as well as his purple coat and how it's constructed) are pretty great, and the others seem run of the mill Hero Factory, except Hulk which uses an extremely unconventional design. I can't judge Captain America because I have not seen an actual picture of him yet (I've seen the leaked one, but I won't get into that) I don't see where all the hate is coming from with these guys. For months since these pictures were first released I haven't heard a coherent reason as to why these are bad sets other than "They suck/Worse than Megabloks/etc.". These sets (except maybe Joker) would fit right in with Hero Factory if it weren't for their obnoxious heads, so if you enjoy HF, why would you hate these guys? Especially since we don't have the sets in hand yet to determine if their construction is good or horrendous. I could change my tune completely when a review pops up, but for now, there's no way to tell. -Mesonak
The Incredible Hulk: He has lime green and blue instead of mata/metru green and purple. He has silver. He has ridiculous hands. Random parts of him are spindly. That build cannot look good from the back, given the price tag. The Batman: The wings. The shoulders. Why does Batman have a sword. The protrusion behind his head. The Joker: He has spikes. His color scheme is catastrophic. He has random shoulder things. He's got a ginormous trans gun. He has tentacles. He has a robot torso. Green Lantern: Ginormous shoulders. Also, that white piece on his upper arm looks odd.Iron Man: Huge freaking shoulders. Giant shoulder cannon. Also, generally, the torso design leaves exposed balls.