• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Spybotics, The Nightfall Incident

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2012 - 07:45 AM

Does anyone remember this game? I used to play this game for days as a kid, untill LEGO decided to delete it. I am searching for a downloadable version of it, but to no avail :/I know there're online versions, but those only has 1 battle theme, and every enemy turn it freezes :/
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

#2 Online Taipu1

Taipu1
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Stone Champion Defeated

• 2,784 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 14 2012 - 08:27 AM

I remember seeing Spybotics in Lego magazine. It was 2002ish because one of the sets had a silver Gahlok shield, and that was the only place you could get that at the time. Don't remember seeing anything about a game, but 2002 I was 6 or something, I don't remember reading much, just looking at the pictures. Sets did look incredibly cool though, kinda wish I'd got one.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

#3 Offline Grant-Sud

Grant-Sud
  • Members
  • Defender of the Page

• 490 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2012 - 08:39 AM

Wooooow yeah I used to play that game. It was really fun if I remember right. :3 Dunno where you can find a version. I'm not even sure I beat it, but I got far.

#4 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2012 - 08:59 AM

Wooooow yeah I used to play that game. It was really fun if I remember right. :3 Dunno where you can find a version. I'm not even sure I beat it, but I got far.

I ended up at Level 5 only. If you google it, you can find websites hosting these games... but they seem to be the glitched versions, or an incomplete port...

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

#5 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,067 posts

Posted Aug 14 2012 - 09:16 AM

I remember Spybotics but never got the sets. I don't recall ever playing the game either.

--
Meiko
News reporter and database administrator at Brickset (profile)
Administrator at Brickipedia (profile)
Administrator at BIONICLEsector01 (profile)

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#6 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2012 - 06:39 PM

I remember Spybotics but never got the sets. I don't recall ever playing the game either.

You guys should try it. It is super fun if you like turn-based strategy games.

#7 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,067 posts

Posted Aug 14 2012 - 07:12 PM

I'll see about it. I don't really have much time to play online games, and I don't really have a computer for it. Any direct links to the .dcr file on cache.lego.com?

--
Meiko

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

#8 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2012 - 07:19 PM

I'll see about it. I don't really have much time to play online games, and I don't really have a computer for it. Any direct links to the .dcr file on cache.lego.com?

Nah. I tried finding it, but all that came up were the online versions that people uploaded to game-hosting websites. :/

#9 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,067 posts

Posted Aug 14 2012 - 07:24 PM

Nah. I tried finding it, but all that came up were the online versions that people uploaded to game-hosting websites. :/

Bummer. Well, if any of the sites are appropriate to link to here, can you find me a good version?

--
Meiko

#10 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 19,071 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 14 2012 - 09:09 PM

Moving to Digital Discussion. :)

#11 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2012 - 12:45 AM

Bummer. Well, if any of the sites are appropriate to link to here, can you find me a good version?

Yea :3http://pandagames.biz/Strategy/Spybotics.html

#12 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,067 posts

Posted Aug 15 2012 - 02:17 PM

After playing it a bit, it's not really that interesting to me. :/

--
Meiko

#13 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 16 2012 - 01:11 AM

How far did you get? The first few levels are kinda just like tutorial...

#14 Offline Meiko

Meiko
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,067 posts

Posted Aug 16 2012 - 08:29 AM

How far did you get? The first few levels are kinda just like tutorial...

Like, I started the first level and said, nah. :P Instead, I've kinda gotten back into JunkBot. <3

--
Meiko

#15 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 17 2012 - 08:35 AM

No wonder :PI just wanna know if anyone else had played this game before. I have trouble beating the last level and I want help D:

#16 Offline ~~Zarkan~~

~~Zarkan~~
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,572 posts

Posted Aug 18 2012 - 08:34 PM

Yea :3http://pandagames.bi.../Spybotics.html

Woah! This is a very pleasant surprise. I have long considered Spybotics: The Nightfall Incident to be one of the best games ever released on lego.com, and until now I assumed it was lost forever after the site was purged of all its old games. It's great to see it's still around and kicking; I'll have to go and play it again sometime. :)

Yeah, not much to say right now.

#17 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 18 2012 - 08:45 PM

Woah! This is a very pleasant surprise. I have long considered Spybotics: The Nightfall Incident to be one of the best games ever released on lego.com, and until now I assumed it was lost forever after the site was purged of all its old games. It's great to see it's still around and kicking; I'll have to go and play it again sometime. :)

This version is a bit crippled tho'. Only 1 battle music and enemy turns would always freeze... also sometimes the game skips your turn...But overall it is still playable :D

#18 Offline BobaFett2

BobaFett2
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 244 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2012 - 04:45 PM

I suggest playing Online. Site with forums removed. -B6The game is fantastic. I love it and am playing it right now.

Edited by Black Six, Aug 22 2012 - 06:56 AM.

The Legend Lives...

#19 Offline UltraHau

UltraHau
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 385 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2012 - 04:33 PM

Aaaand I'm getting nostalgic again. This was probably my favorite online LEGO game after Pepper's Skateboard Challenge. It was pretty unique too - the only turn-based online strategy game LEGO has released to date, if I'm not mistake. Too bad I never completed the game (or got any Spybotics sets, for that matter).
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.
-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future
Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.
-Kopaka Nuva, MoL
I have but one destiny.
-Takanuva, MoL
Posted Image

#20 Offline BobaFett2

BobaFett2
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 244 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2012 - 04:38 PM

Aaaand I'm getting nostalgic again. This was probably my favorite online LEGO game after Pepper's Skateboard Challenge. It was pretty unique too - the only turn-based online strategy game LEGO has released to date, if I'm not mistake. Too bad I never completed the game (or got any Spybotics sets, for that matter).

Voya Nui Online Game definitely was, although it was made by Ankama Games (who make other turn-based Strategy Games).Not sure if there are others.

The Legend Lives...

#21 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2012 - 09:06 PM

Oh man, I so need to try this.

#22 Offline BobaFett2

BobaFett2
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 244 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2012 - 09:24 PM

Oh man, I so need to try this.

And you can!

The Legend Lives...

#23 Offline fauxname

fauxname
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 46 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 23 2012 - 10:06 PM

I'd never heard of this game up until this point. I'll try it out tomorrow.

I'm a dinosaur! Rawr.

#24 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2012 - 12:54 AM

Well, that was fun, even though I didn't completely understand it. I'll try again tomorrow when I'm not as tired.

#25 Offline UltraHau

UltraHau
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 385 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 24 2012 - 10:56 AM

Voya Nui Online Game definitely was, although it was made by Ankama Games (who make other turn-based Strategy Games).Not sure if there are others.

Good point, I'd forgotten about VNOG. VNOG aside, I don't think LEGO produced any other turn-based strategy games other than Spybotics, though.

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.
-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future
Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.
-Kopaka Nuva, MoL
I have but one destiny.
-Takanuva, MoL
Posted Image

#26 Offline Podu

Podu
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 482 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 03 2012 - 02:00 AM

Did anyone find out what causes the turns to freeze yet?

#27 Offline matanui606

matanui606
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 4 posts

Posted Aug 11 2014 - 02:59 PM

I love this game, me and my two brothers played it for two years before getting to the final level, and that took another six months to crack. I've beaten it three times since then last time being just now in about 48 hours flat. I've found a good non-freezing site is http://jayisgames.co...fall-incident/ 

#28 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 5,531 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Aug 11 2014 - 03:27 PM

Please don't revive a topic that hasn't received a post in over sixty days!

Revived topic closed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users