The most disturbing part of BIONICLE

Podu

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Annona yet. A being that "eats" your dreams, causing you to slowly go insane? Plus, its scenes in Sahmad's Tale were pretty creepy.
I was reading through, and I'd say Annona's the worst. A lot of the disturbing stuff can be imagined and can be related to. What Annona does is frankly terrifying. The golden fusion being has an amazing power, but the whole "dreams becoming real" thing has been seen a lot, it kind of come backs to the whole "be careful what you wish for" thing.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Even though it is a story/series for kids, I found that BIONICLE has some quite disturbing plot sometimes.The one that disturbs me most was the fact that Bohrok are actually Av-Matoran transformed. Then I think of the Boxors Nuparu made... argh. Nuparu why did you have to do that...
The alternate Tuyet being cut in half by a portal in Dark Mirror was disturbing, IMO. Another thing would be the Toa Mata arriving on Mata Nui. I remember Lewa saying that both his legs and one of his arms was detached from his body when he was released from the canister. That is kind of disturbing too.
So, another thing that quite disturbed me was that Zaktan was made up of protodites. It is an interesting concept of a character (in terms of combat...), but still creeps me out a bit that he is made of a virus... and he shoves part of his body into other's mouth... urgh...
I seem to remember that he wasn't all that happy about his condition himself. As he said to Irnakk:
Horror is looking into the eyes of the Shadowed One, knowing you are about to die ... and then being forced to live. Horror is waking each day to see every part of your body moving on its own, a shifting mass of Protodites where once was solid metal and living tissue. Horror is what is in the eyes of your partners when they look at you ... and in the cries of your enemies when your swarm engulfs them. Don't talk to me about fear, creature — I am fear!
I wonder how his sense of touch or pain is, when he is actually a "hive mind" now. Come to think of it, Zaktan has it pretty bad. Not having full control of your body is not quite up there with my fear of being blind, but it's darn close.
Even though it is a story/series for kids, I found that BIONICLE has some quite disturbing plot sometimes.The one that disturbs me most was the fact that Bohrok are actually Av-Matoran transformed. Then I think of the Boxors Nuparu made... argh. Nuparu why did you have to do that...
Yeah, that was quite disturbing. Plus the way Icarax was killed was disturbing (imagine seeing a thousand parts of his body sent to a thousand places at the same time).
^These, definitely.
Tren Krom in general. :P By design of course.I agree about the Bohrok/Av thing. But I think what happened here was mainly a clue that was somehow done wrong, and we were too disturbed by it to catch it. Now that we know they weren't fully "real beings" (whatever the change was; it's debated whether it was sapience... which only makes this more disturbing lol...), I can see how originally it was just one 'nanotech' unit transforming to the next. And since we learned it a little before all of that, it was probably meant as a clue. And in hindsight value I guess it works for that. But there probably could have been a better way to explain the whole "how dare you oppose your brothers" line. Really, their shared purpose in helping Mata Nui wake up (and then stand up) would have been enough.I thought mask infection was pretty creepy, again in a good way for fiction. And various other things that aren't coming to mind right now lol.
Ah, true, but I wonder WHEN they start transforming, and when they actually die. Imagine that the last thing you see is part of your body transforming into a horrifying insectoid form D:Also, I think I've seen this one mentioned here once or twice, but Annonna. In general, but the Dream Plague cuts it close to the creepy factor. Randomly having no dreams at all then dying? Witnessing your entire tribe of men, women, and children dying to a mysterious plague in Sahmad's case? Pretty dark, IMO :lol:'OH, and her fate. Edited by KlakWest

My Comedies: The Krika Show (Season 1)
The Krika Show Season 2 

The Great Beings. They just seemed to have no respect for life as if they thought it was just another thing they could play with.
All for a good cause. They were just trying to solve problems. The problem was, the solution to one problem made more problems, and then the solutions to those problems made more problems.

Well, they did turn animals into cyborgs for, as far as we know, just fun and curiosity.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

Well, they did turn animals into cyborgs for, as far as we know, just fun and curiosity.
And they turned a sapient race into a tribe of slowly devolving monsters.
The Vorox are not the GBs fault. It was part of the aftereffects of the Shattering and the Vorox going insane, something the GBs are not purely responsible for.And as for the wolves, we don't know their reasons. Maybe they were trying to make them more docile or something, or get an army to take down some thing worse.

Not just the Iron Wolves. I was actually thinking of the Skopio, and the dinosaurs of Bota Magna. Also the Sand Stalkers and Rock Steeds, but how much of that is the Great Beings' doing and how much is just their owners equipping them with barding and such, I don't know. Anyway, they did like to mess around with nature. And while they didn't cause the Vorox to become feral, the Great Beings did alter them, giving them tails and such. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Vorox wanted those changes.

My Blog

My Story Collection

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

I think the part that creeped me out as a kid was the implications of the several missing Ko-Matoran in the MNOLG in the hut wrecked by the Muaka....

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

All things considered, Bionicle really wasn't very disturbing at all. The intentionally "disturbing" bits were pretty tame, which makes since, given that it's target audience is kids. Some of the other stuff that was meant for you to just take at face value was kind of weird, though. For instance, the Matoran decide to just tear themselves apart and build themselves up a little better? That sounds pretty gruesome when you think about it, even though it never was meant to be.
In most of the cases, yes. But sometimes I feel like that in attempts to explain something, Greg could put up some disturbing plot twists, like the Bohrok case...After all, the fanbase of BIONICLE does not only consist of kids but also teens and some adults (due to its 10 year time span. Most kids in 2001 would have grown up to teens/adults by 2010).
Tren Krom in general. :P By design of course.I agree about the Bohrok/Av thing. But I think what happened here was mainly a clue that was somehow done wrong, and we were too disturbed by it to catch it. Now that we know they weren't fully "real beings" (whatever the change was; it's debated whether it was sapience... which only makes this more disturbing lol...), I can see how originally it was just one 'nanotech' unit transforming to the next. And since we learned it a little before all of that, it was probably meant as a clue. And in hindsight value I guess it works for that. But there probably could have been a better way to explain the whole "how dare you oppose your brothers" line. Really, their shared purpose in helping Mata Nui wake up (and then stand up) would have been enough.I thought mask infection was pretty creepy, again in a good way for fiction. And various other things that aren't coming to mind right now lol.
Which is why I think it is disturbing. What if the armor still has conscience? Remember how the Bohrok armor was described as being able to be programmed to do stuff? Maybe the souls of the Av Matoran were still in the armor... and Nuparu tore them apart and used the parts to craft a machine so he could trash more Bohrok... while the Bahrag used their sorcery to make parasites to fill up the Bohroks' empty headplates...
Personally, the whole issue with Av-Matoran and Bohrok never disturved or bothered me. I'm njot sure why...But Tren Krom... he's very disturbing. :dontgetit:

Didn't the GB's create Tren Krom? So, they mess with all those Magnan animals' biology, and make an Eldritch abomination to temporarily rule a universe, all while retaining their sanity?Yeah.
So? If a "Eldritch abomination" was needed to fix a problem, and I had the means and the knowledge to make one to avert universal disaster or fix a planet, I would. Besides, Tren Krom actually turned out to be helpful in the end, unlike the Makuta...

Didn't the GB's create Tren Krom? So, they mess with all those Magnan animals' biology, and make an Eldritch abomination to temporarily rule a universe, all while retaining their sanity?Yeah.
So? If a "Eldritch abomination" was needed to fix a problem, and I had the means and the knowledge to make one to avert universal disaster or fix a planet, I would. Besides, Tren Krom actually turned out to be helpful in the end, unlike the Makuta...
Good point. But again, their sanities were unaffected, even while creating something like that, which makes you wonder how much they're willing to pull off to get their way. It's not disturbing as much as it is alarming.

The Krika Show Season 2 

I was fine with the Boxors being made out of Bohrok. Up until it was revealed that Av-Matoran transform into Bohrok when they die. *shudders*On a less serious note, in Bionicle Heroes, whenever you defeat a Piraka, the protagonist take its head and use it as a puppet. And chuckles afterwards.
I didn't know that happened....wow LEGO....sadistic much? Ugh. And they said Firefly was inappropriate. I don't seem to remember the Heroes of that show using dead enemies for puppets. Come to think of it... I don't remember that in any of the lines LEGO does except (now) BIONICLE. Anyone else got some light to shed on this one?

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

Not just the Iron Wolves. I was actually thinking of the Skopio, and the dinosaurs of Bota Magna. Also the Sand Stalkers and Rock Steeds, but how much of that is the Great Beings' doing and how much is just their owners equipping them with barding and such, I don't know. Anyway, they did like to mess around with nature. And while they didn't cause the Vorox to become feral, the Great Beings did alter them, giving them tails and such. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Vorox wanted those changes.
The Skopio wasn't a real Animal it was just a robot version of it. in samads tale you read that the guy piloting it said it was broken the glatorinan broke it so the skopio thing was just a robot the rock steeds were just equiped with armor i think that the 2 headed thing that eats anything part and it ate most of its riders ughbut other wise why does everyone think the av-matoren thing is so creepy?

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

...I'm actually somewhat surprised that nobody has mentioned the Toa Inika's organic masks.I don't know about you, but I would have a bit of a problem wearing a still-living creature that had a mind link with me and could activate itself if it decided to-all to help you, of course, but still. And besides......Imagine it pulsing. On your face. Moving. On your face.>.<

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

...I'm actually somewhat surprised that nobody has mentioned the Toa Inika's organic masks.[snip!]...Imagine it pulsing. On your face. Moving. On your face.>.<
...Thank you ever so much for that mental image, it's like Krana only ostensibly not completely horrifying. And doesn't mind-control you.While I'm on the topic of mind-control and completely horrifying things, infected masks and krana. Being forced to obey someone else's will like that, and I think still be aware enough to know what your body is doing to your friends, your villagers, your home, and yet be helpless to stop yourself... -cough- No, I don't want to give Lewa a hug, not at all, why would you think that?

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

...I'm actually somewhat surprised that nobody has mentioned the Toa Inika's organic masks.I don't know about you, but I would have a bit of a problem wearing a still-living creature that had a mind link with me and could activate itself if it decided to-all to help you, of course, but still. And besides......Imagine it pulsing. On your face. Moving. On your face.>.<
Ohh now it reminds me of Krana... Argh, imagine one of those things - or worse, the Kraata-Krana hybird illusion-giving thing - on your face...
99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

Exacta.In my opinion, the truly disturbing parts of Bionicle were organicAnd involved your face.Like Krana, The Inika's Masks, and, to a lesser extent, Kraata infecting a mask.Although, now that I think about it, the fact that you have to kill one Kraata to get the Rahkshi shell for what may as well be a clone Kraata to use is rather odd as well.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Surprised nobody mentioned Tren Krom's death.The Bohrok/Av-Matoran thing also startled me a little when I first found out about it, though for some reason I didn't find it that disturbing to be honest. But then I guess it is pretty disturbing when you consider the Boxors are literally made of Matoran parts.
Wait, who's Tren Krom? I don't read the books.

You can find most of my stuff on my MOCpages and Flickr accounts.

MOCpages

Flickr

BS01 article link. He shows up in The Mutran Chronicles, Federation of Fear, Reign of Shadows, and The Powers That Be. All are available online for free, and are hosted on BS01 as well as on BIONICLEstory.com.

I write stories, on occasion. Finishing them... yeah, uh. That's another thing entirely.

Avatar made with the Rayg Kit 2.5, and featuring Lilak, Toa of Lightning.

She is totally, totally not a shameless self-insert. Y'know, except for the part where she is. :D

Surprised nobody mentioned Tren Krom's death.The Bohrok/Av-Matoran thing also startled me a little when I first found out about it, though for some reason I didn't find it that disturbing to be honest. But then I guess it is pretty disturbing when you consider the Boxors are literally made of Matoran parts.
Basically he's this tentacled, fleshy organic monster made of red gelatin that looks so disgusting, any lesser being who looks upon him goes insane.And then one day, he exploded into a million pieces. Right out of an X-rated film.I just thought of another thing that I found kinda disturbing. Remember when Toa Ignika devolved Icarax back to a biomechanical being, and he was pained because his internal organs weren't meant to be contained within his armor? Yeah, that didn't paint a pretty picture in my mind. >_<

well, most of my contributions have already been stated, but here are some more:-The Kanohi Tryna. everything about it.-how carapar died-anonna talking about souls-and more than anything, this quote:

took the corner at top speed and skidded to a halt in the soft earth. An Iron Tribe member was standing in the center of the street, aiming a Thornax Launcher right at my head. But this wasn't just any of my brethren. This was the woman I loved, who died from the dreaming plague more than one hundred thousand years ago. I started to say her name. She fired her weapon. The Thornax sped toward me. I felt an impact against my helmet, saw a flash of light, heard the dull roar of an explosion, and then I was dead. Again.Darkness became light. I was back in the healer's chamber. This time, there was no water Agori, no Kiina, no Agori of other tribes in cots. All I saw were Iron Agori. The attendant stopped to stare at me. The patients sat up in their beds and they all spoke at once in the same voice."We thought you would be stronger, Sahmad. But you were just as weak as Telluris, Metus, and all the rest. Still, we can take some comfort. Weak souls taste lovely, after all."
course, i'm the type of guy who finds every "disturbing" thing here just makes the story more awesome, so... =P Edited by thoron

teachandroid.jpg

whenlifegivesyoulemons.jpg

Basically he's this tentacled, fleshy organic monster made of red gelatin that looks so disgusting, any lesser being who looks upon him goes insane.And then one day, he exploded into a million pieces. Right out of an X-rated film.I just thought of another thing that I found kinda disturbing. Remember when Toa Ignika devolved Icarax back to a biomechanical being, and he was pained because his internal organs weren't meant to be contained within his armor? Yeah, that didn't paint a pretty picture in my mind. >_<
I forgot about that. That and the transformation of Nidhiki from a Toa to a spider-like being seemed like some of the creepiest things to me. Oh, and Carapar's death, partly because it was so unexpected.

fmstaticbanner1.jpg

Exacta.In my opinion, the truly disturbing parts of Bionicle were organicAnd involved your face.Like Krana, The Inika's Masks, and, to a lesser extent, Kraata infecting a mask.Although, now that I think about it, the fact that you have to kill one Kraata to get the Rahkshi shell for what may as well be a clone Kraata to use is rather odd as well.
Eegh. You're right. Face huggers much?

The Krika Show Season 2 

None of the gore (Icarax's devolution, his teleporting, Krika's dissipating, people being hung by their entrails in that serial) really bothered me much. I'm used to that kind of thing in action stories.But anything like Zone of Shadows, Tren Krom, Zivon, Av-Matoran to Bohrok (The Boxor thing didn't bother me at all due to the Bohrok already being dead, especially since I was the ending of Transformers 2 where Optimus wears a dead old man 'Bot as flight armor) transformation, Those things that would eat land then kill themselves and become new land (forgot the name), Annonna, Kestora, Golden Skinned Being, Zaktan's protodites (Not what he did with them, such as forcing people to choke on them, but the thought of waking up as he always did.), Kratana, and Krana. Yep that's about it.The Inika masks I never really thought of as moving or pulsing. They probably had no muscle structure whatsoever, or need to breathe. Imagine wearing a mask of skin with a mind in it. That's about it. And not with the inside of the skin exposed or anything. It made me think more of the feeling when you put your hand on your face. Though, congratulations Kal Grochi, for that truly disturbing description.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

There's a ton of Fridge Horror in BIONICLE. I honestly didn't think Annona was all that scary, nor the Av-Matoran transforming into Bohrok, which was just plain weird. I was horrified when I remembered that the Boxor were made from Bohrok - literally, from the remains of the physical bodies of their fellow Matoran. That's creepy, dude. Not to mention the destruction of the Bohrok Kal meant that the Nuva killed innocent Av-Matoran, who were just doing their job.Also, alternate-universe Tuyet got chopped in two with an interdimensional portal. She was never a real endearing character by any stretch of the imagination, but it's still a rather gruesome ending.And did anyone else think it's strange that the entire universe is inside Mata Nui's body? It doesn't disturb me as much as it did, but it's still kind of strange to me even now. Then again, we all have cells running around in our blood, so I suppose we can't complain.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I also found Jaller donning Lhikan's mask quite creepy. I would totally freak out if I found out that I was wearing something from a dead man... even if he was a hero.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

So, another thing that quite disturbed me was that Zaktan was made up of protodites. It is an interesting concept of a character (in terms of combat...), but still creeps me out a bit that he is made of a virus... and he shoves part of his body into other's mouth... urgh...
I seem to remember that he wasn't all that happy about his condition himself. As he said to Irnakk:
Horror is looking into the eyes of the Shadowed One, knowing you are about to die ... and then being forced to live. Horror is waking each day to see every part of your body moving on its own, a shifting mass of Protodites where once was solid metal and living tissue. Horror is what is in the eyes of your partners when they look at you ... and in the cries of your enemies when your swarm engulfs them. Don't talk to me about fear, creature — I am fear!
I wonder how his sense of touch or pain is, when he is actually a "hive mind" now. Come to think of it, Zaktan has it pretty bad. Not having full control of your body is not quite up there with my fear of being blind, but it's darn close.
I thought it was pretty disturbing to be commanded by him, especially after that brief moment when a few of the Piraka rebelled. To have a little bit of your leader, always watching you, always waiting for you to slip up...It was also very disturbing what had become of the Piraka when they encountered the Toa Mahri.

Legacy of the Great Beings - Continuing the story of BIONICLE from where the serials left off.

The Skopio wasn't a real Animal it was just a robot version of it. in samads tale you read that the guy piloting it said it was broken the glatorinan broke it so the skopio thing was just a robot the rock steeds were just equiped with armor i think that the 2 headed thing that eats anything part and it ate most of its riders ughbut other wise why does everyone think the av-matoren thing is so creepy?
No, the GB's messed with the Skopio species. Telluris has a Skopio vehicle, which is a different thing.Shadow Hands were creepy for me. Giant, reddish shadow hands that drew you into the Makuta using them... creepy.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I'm kind of unnerved about the relationship between Darkness and the Shadowed One. Not only does Darkness constantly spy on TSO with the sole intention of murdering him, but TSO specifically ordered him to do it. He's really a messed up guy.Zaktan's protodites were another eerie part. Island of Doom seemed kind of creepy with its cliffhanger ending, and having six homicidal maniacs ruling innocent Matoran.Oh, but this always kind of sends a chill through me: when Teridax says, "Come, join my brothers and me," to Vakama in Legends of Metru Nui, and you hear his voice echoing, which I interpreted as him telepathically saying it to Vakama as well as verbally. The music was weird, too.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I'm kind of unnerved about the relationship between Darkness and the Shadowed One. Not only does Darkness constantly spy on TSO with the sole intention of murdering him, but TSO specifically ordered him to do it. He's really a messed up guy.Zaktan's protodites were another eerie part. Island of Doom seemed kind of creepy with its cliffhanger ending, and having six homicidal maniacs ruling innocent Matoran.Oh, but this always kind of sends a chill through me: when Teridax says, "Come, join my brothers and me," to Vakama in Legends of Metru Nui, and you hear his voice echoing, which I interpreted as him telepathically saying it to Vakama as well as verbally. The music was weird, too.
How about 'join me... become part of my power' or whatever he says when he absorbs Nidhiki, Krekka, and Nivawk? The Shadow Hand is a really scary ability. Imagine being grabbed by shadows and pulled into a more powerful being, upon which your body becomes part of him and your consciousness is crushed by his superior willpower.I agree that Zaktan's condition is creepy, but though lots of other people have mentioned it, I don't feel that strongly about it for some reason. And surprisingly, I don't think anyone else has mentioned Darkness. That is a seriously twisted business relationship.
Apart from things mentioned here, another thing I found kinda creepy is that Jaller was using Lhikan's mask for a long time when it had Lhikan's spirit in it... Another thing is that in TLR Berix says he's patched himself up a few times (and then a bolt proceeds to fall) when Agori and Glatorian are organic.
But didn't the Toa Metru go through that business with Roodaka and the Visorak before Jaller was awakened and given Lhikan's mask? Lhikan's spirit or personality imprint or whatever probably would have faded by then. And I think that part with Berix was because of the movie makers mistook the Agori for robots. But it could also imply that Berix injured his arm and had to have at least part of it replaced with machinery. Edited by The Iron Toa

My Blog

My Story Collection

Brickshelf Gallery

How about 'join me... become part of my power' or whatever he says when he absorbs Nidhiki, Krekka, and Nivawk? The Shadow Hand is a really scary ability. Imagine being grabbed by shadows and pulled into a more powerful being, upon which your body becomes part of him and your consciousness is crushed by his superior willpower.I agree that Zaktan's condition is creepy, but though lots of other people have mentioned it, I don't feel that strongly about it for some reason. And surprisingly, I don't think anyone else has mentioned Darkness. That is a seriously twisted business relationship.
Apart from things mentioned here, another thing I found kinda creepy is that Jaller was using Lhikan's mask for a long time when it had Lhikan's spirit in it... Another thing is that in TLR Berix says he's patched himself up a few times (and then a bolt proceeds to fall) when Agori and Glatorian are organic.
But didn't the Toa Metru go through that business with Roodaka and the Visorak before Jaller was awakened and given Lhikan's mask? Lhikan's spirit or personality imprint or whatever probably would have faded by then. I think it takes some more time before the spirit fades (unless stated otherwise somewhere and I forgot). And I think that part with Berix was because of the movie makers mistook the Agori for robots. But it could also imply that Berix injured his arm and had to have at least part of it replaced with machinery. I suppose. I just found that rather creepy.
Comments in bold.