IC-Morrison:

As Morrison walked about, slightly bored and watching the proceedings, in the corner of his eye he noticed something-a rather attractive (by human standards) woman running up to Dallas, hugging him tightly and saying something about coming here to be safe. And he could tell that this was something that it would be better to get Dallas out of than to leave him in.

He saved me alone

When I could have helped myself

So I shall help him.

Morrison quickly bounded over, and just when Nicole unwrapped her arms from around Dallas, he jumped up into her arms, looking up at her face with a fox-y sort of smile thing and wide eyes, each silently saying "give me attention rawr."

Dallas, you'll owe me.

I'm helping you for no pay.

Crazy freaking man.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: How does freaking everyone know about what happened in the 1920s in a few unpleasant alleyways in Russia? Generally speaking, the habits and identity of a vampiric serial killer in Soviet Russia who was never caught would probably not be something you could find in a book.

IC: "If your studies did not consist of folklore and children's movies, perhaps there is an ounce of truth in what you believe. As for my current status, it is not a matter of public record. A mistake was made while investigating a cult in Kiev, and that is all that needs to be said."

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I guess so, just don't take full control. They are NPCs so you can say if the moves hit or not as I'm okay with this, this isn't like a real fight outside.IC: Zac and Caleb"So who are you?" Zac asked the girl as he approached the girl with her "goons","Zac don't ask directly! You don't know if she's famous or royalty or, or uh... still!" Caleb said,IC: GeminiThe man stared at the scene unfolding, and saw that same boy again. He was going to wait for him to peer away from everyone.

OOC what do you mean?IC HeiHei noticed a fox jump into the arms of the newcomer. While one part of her brain went "AWWW!", another part went "That can't be an ordinary fox. They don't behave like that." Approaching the fox, she studied it, a quizzical look on her face.

OOC: Submitted for approval...and yes, I did check with Flex about the base. He said it was alright. You can PM him and ask if you like.

Name: Cmdr. Yuri V. Aleksandrov

Codename: Agent 214

Faction: Weapon X Special Operations Division (Rogue)

Power(S): None.

Appearance: Yuri V. Aleksandrov has been in some sort of armed conflict for the majority of his life. Earliest activities date back to the breakup of the Soviet Union. This is quite evident upon looking at him. He has four large scars covering the left side of his face and numerous others all around his body. He has had many close calls during his career and tries to take a lesson from each one. His hair is a dirty blonde, though it is starting to fade into grey, likely due to the stress of his position. He is a Russian male and is in excellent physical shape, reflecting his strict training regimen. His eyes are a mismatch, one is blue and the other one is a milky white, blind. He compensates for this with excellent hearing and reaction times. When not on duty he typically wears a flat black officers uniform, with a small rank notation on the front. When expecting combat he exchanges this for a set of flexible armor (color varies from black to various others depending on mission profile) equipped with ceramic compounds designed to stop bullets and other kinetic attacks. The armor has a built in gasmask and night vision/infrared goggles, as suits a special operations soldier. These suits are, of course, equipped with a radio.

Weapons: Various. Assault rifles equipped with night vision scopes and laser targeting are the most common. Many of these weapons are also silenced, as there is a veritable armory of weapons stored aboard the Glory mission loadout varies heavily depending on mission profiles. Expect to see sniper rifles, anti-armor weapons and various other less conventional weapons if the mission profile should call for it.

Skills: Yuri is an exceptionally skilled combatant. He is extremely proficient in knife, hand to hand and ranged combat. He has roughly twenty years of experience on the battlefield and is a capable and cool-headed leader, able to keep calm in exceptionally stressful situations and direct his soldiers to victory. He is a premier infiltrator, able to crack open facilities with extremely high security through various ingenious means. His wealth of experience and extremely capability in combat makes him a force to be reckoned with, even for a mutant enemy. He is also very charismatic, able to rally his troops and hold the line through what amounts to sheer force of personality. He is, in short, the ideal leader for this little rogue SpecOps Division.

Personality: Yuri is calm, rational and logical. He will defend his men to the death and the only thing he could be said to be loyal to is humanity and his soldiers. He is a pragmatic man, doing what will get results, not what will make the prettiest explosion or the biggest battle. He is very goal orientated once he sets his mind to something he will see it done. He knows when to retreat and when to press the advantage. Overall, he is cool and level headed. He has a clear system of morality and ideals and is ruthless when it comes to defending them and in defending his men. He is driven, a planner and patient, making him a threat to any that earn his ire. Pride is unimportant, winning is.

Weakness: Yuri is, in the end, still human. Flames to the face, claws across the neck...all of these things could end him. Working together with his soldiers he is difficult to defeat, but if someone catches him alone, then, if they are a mutant, they stand a good chance of killing him. Due to this, he tries to have at least two guards on hand at every moment....but there are moments when he is alone despite this.

Bio: Yuri's early past is a mystery...and if he has anything to say about it, it'll stay that way. He didn't burn down an entire records building and wipe out half a database for nothing after all. Yuri is a warrior, there is no denying that simple fact. He has fought in many wars through his lifetime and would have continued to do so were it not for recent events. Yuri and his unit first saw action during the chaos caused by the Soviet Unions collapse, doing wet work for various factions. From here, his small group of commando's grew and prospered, serving in wars across the planet. Eventually, they grew so skilled at their jobs that Weapon-X couldn't help but take notice of them. Yuri's commando's were absorbed into the organization promised high pay and benefits. For awhile, these arrangement worked out well for both sides. The SpecOps took down enemies of the organization and did various wetwork...and they were paid for their efforts. Then things changed.

Yuri and his followers discovered Weapon-X was using them as a stopgap measure until they could be replaced with Mutant forces. Then Yuri and his commandos would be...liquidated. Giving no hint they knew of this, the commando's set about going rogue, arranging accidents for any non-SpecOp's officer at their facility. Before they could make their move however, Weapon-X was all but destroyed during the battle at the Canada Facility. This battle shocked the SpecOps unit....and brought up in important question, if the mutants could do that to a well-protected facility....what could they do to their families? Their relatives? Yuri came to the conclusion that the Mutants were simply too dangerous to be allowed to exist, the amount of damage they could do was so extreme and the amount of destructive mutants out there was so high that there was no other prudent option.

The rogue SpecOp's division moved quickly, overrunning whatever loyal guards remained at their facility and then...ensuring none of them survived to bear witness. They made off with a prototype Submarine that had been under development, the Glory. A mobile aquatic base. From here they plan their campaign against the mutants of the world. They will cure them, or wipe them out. The damage they could do, in the eyes of the SpecOp's Division, is simply too extreme for any other option to be valid.

Glory Submarine Base: This vessel is quite large, able to house the SpecOps division in relative comfort. It is divided into two floors, the bottom floor houses the engines and various other technical facilities, along with some small sub bays for smaller submersibles. This is where the ship is run from, many of the facilities here are vital to the craft's continued functioning, as such the security here is very paranoid. Security cameras, constant patrols and such as are all present. Vents are small, too small to move through and care has been taken to ensure that any infiltrators have few options open to them. The top floor houses the armory, a training faculty, barracks, radar/sonar facilities, the bridge and a laboratory along with a meeting room. It is also equipped with one hanger, suitable only for helicopters and VTOLs. The Glory is powered by a small nuclear reactor. Overall, while it is equipped with some weapons (torpedoes namely) it is a base and not a war platform. If it were to ever attempt to launch an all out attack on the military, it would be defeated. Yuri is intelligent enough to know this, and uses helicopters and other such craft to transport his troops. The Glory is constantly on the move, though it sticks to waters near New York.

A note to staff, the glory is intended to serve as a base. Not as an offensive platform if you are worried about that. A dedicated attack submarine would likely overwhelm it...because the glory is large, slow and cumbersome. It's power is stealth and silence. Take that away and it's just a very very large target. I got Flex's okay on this, if you want to wait for confirmation, I understand. People are welcome to make characters for this faction, I encourage it. I know two people who might be already.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: (Carli)

"Sir, it would be my pleasure. Ant idea where they might be?" Carli was surprised at this, but took it in stride. She could work on a team. She just hoped it wouldn't have anyone too green on it.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC I'm ready for the timeskip after this.IC KnowerThe drones each took an offensive position from all sides. Advancing on me, I knew they were going for a melee strike. So as one of them rushed me, I ducked past and under it. Scrambling to my feet, I constantly shifted around.a second drone came and threw a punch; ducking behind the first one, I grimaced as it took its own ally out. Continuing to shuffle around, I reached into my pocket and when the drones trained their guns on me, POOF! A flurry of Tarot cards flew through the air. "Never stand still," I thought. "Keep all of your enemies in front of you. Try to use one of them as a meat shield."

IC: ZanebonoZanebono was furious when he saw Delta take down Epsilon by accident and them proceeded to facepalmed himself, "WHAT DID I JUST SAY ABOUT MY ROBOTS?!" he yelled,IC: Drones Alpha, Beta, Delta and SigmaAlpha and Beta used their guns to shoot away the cards, while Sigma kept shooting Aether.Delta however, realized he just accidentally shut down Epsilon and then went running towards Ashley to try to capture the quick traveler

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC (Manuel)

"That would be quite possible. I will see to it once we have..." He trailed off as Rasputin spoke. "You are never going to let that movie go are you?"

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: "They portrayed me as a zombie wizard who had vowed to wipe out the Czar's family. It is like if the Americans made a movie about their Benjamin Franklin, but decided that he was a crazy man who decided to murder George Washington in the name of Zeus and King George the Third. Of course I am not going to let it go."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

OOC: I suppose so Constructman, though I feel something like that would be better RP’d out.

Agent 214 looks good to me.

I meant more so what’s documented about Rasputin in history, since Beast is a teacher and a history buff he’d know that at least. His assassination and all that.

Sorry guys spent all day trying to buy a new car, and tonight I might be busy with family stuff, time-skip for sure, for sure sometime tomorrow.

IC: Beast (X-Mansion)

"Thank you Manuel." Beast said nodding to the vampire.

“I usually try to stick to facts and not fantasy or folk lore generally,” Beast said to Rasputin. “So I take it the assassination attempt on your life did not go through, or perhaps you were already a vampire at the time.” Hank said.

"As for the movie, it had Christopher Lloyd voicing you though, that in itself should be an honor."

Hank looked at the young girl and nodded, “Of course, we accept all mutants at the school,” he said. “Unless you mean you want to be on the X-Men team as well, if so may I ask your mutant power?”

IC: Nicole (X-Mansion)

“I’m the President’s daughter of course, weren’t you there when the X-Men rescued me?” she asked before flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.

Suddenly a fox jumped into her arms. “How cute!” she yelled as she scratched his belly.

IC: HYDRA Soldiers

The first few shots missed, but the last one hit its mark, pumping into the man’s chest and knocking him against the wall. About three soldiers moved forward peppering the ground near Felix with rounds from their automatic weapons.

IC: Nick Fury (SHIELD Helicarrier)

“Try the training rooms; I’ve gotten reports of a training exercise involving drones.”

IC: Quicksilver (Brotherhood Warehouse)

“Two months…” Pietro mused. “Fine, just make sure you can accomplish it,” he said.

IC Hei"Okay, unless that's a pet fox, then that is not a fox," Kristy muttered under her breath but still loud enough for Dallas, Nicole, and Morrison to hear. She stared quizzically at the fox in Nicole's hands. "Foxes don't let people just grab them, let alone jump into people's arms.""And I don't see how foxes are cute."OOC No, seriously.

“What do you mean? It’s obviously an adorable little fox!” she said as she continued to pet him.

“My dad is the commander and chief of America, not the whole world,” she said rolling her eyes at Chris.

“Actually you two can go now,” she said to her two silent guards. “You’re not needed, I’m surrounded by mutants who could easily kill the both of you, and as long as I’m a student here I’ll be protected by Beast.” She smiled. The two S.S men didn’t look so sure by looking at the school.

“Go tell daddy I’ll be fine.” She said. “Before I use my powers and make you anyway.” The Secret Service men nodded before walking back to the limo, they got in before the car pulled away.

IC: HYDRA Soldiers

The blasts of lighting hit the soldiers, sending them flying back as they were fried. The rest of the soldiers began to shoot at him in the air, attempting to pepper his parachute with holes.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC: Zac and Caleb"Yea but I wasn't near the White House, Caleb here was," Zac said, "And...what are you powers? Mind control?"IC: ZanebonoZanebono closed his eyes, and soon, all of the four active robots shut down, "Alright, I saw your powers, and how you use them, training is over,"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Chris Marie: "Again, I have no idea what that means. I know this is english, but can it be simple? Please?" He asked. This was confusing. So if the president didn't rule the whole world, who did? What if nobody ruled the world? It was too confusing to think about.

IC HeiHei was confused. This guy spoke English perfectly but didn't understand it? "Nobody rules the world," Hei said slowly. "Not even the President of the U.S.A."IC KnowerI collapsed against a wall. Man, was I tired. I tried to say "I'm calling it a day" but all that came out was some sort of noise. Something like that sound toddlers make when they wake up in a grumpy mood.

OOC: NPC profile cause why not.

Name: Nicole Binder

Codename: None as of yetAge: 17Gender: FemaleFaction: X-Men, United States GovernmentPower(S): Nicole can release different pheromones that make people more susceptible to doing what she tells them too, or following her commands. She can also release pheromones that make her increasingly attractive to people, and can easily seduce them. She can release ones to make them feel angry, depressed or happy around her as well.

Appearance: Nicole is very attractive by many people's standards, she has long platinum blonde hair, two oval ocean-blue eyes, and an attractive face with good bone structure and plump lips. She stands at about 5'4'' and has a curvy hourglass shape. Her smile is contagious and her teeth are pearly white and perfectly aligned. She usually tends to wear expensive clothes, varying in colors from pink, white and black, most of it is stylish and tight fitting.Weapons: NoneSkills: Nicole is an excellent texter, and is very skilled at getting people to do what she wants.Personality: Nicole has a bubbly and upbeat personality. She can be seen as stuck up or spoiled by people she doesn’t like. She was mainly pampered her whole life, and usually only knows getting what she wants. She’s new to being a mutant, most her life she didn’t realize she had these powers until she began to be able to control it at whim. She’s mainly allied with the X-Men because her crush; Dallas Green is there.

Weakness: She has no offensive powers, or combat training.Bio: Nicole grew up to a wealthy Republican politician, Robert Binder. Four years ago Robert became the President of the United States, making Nicole the First Daughter. She’d already been spoiled most her life, but now it was even more so, she even had Secret Service men follow her around at all times as her protection.

A few weeks ago she was kidnapped by the Brotherhood of Mutants as they attempted to use her to start the fire of a war between mutants and humans. They said if a single mutant was killed by an Enforcer or Sentinel that they’d kill Nicole. Eventually the X-Men tracked the Brotherhood down and rescued Nicole from the Brotherhood. On the plane-ride back she met Dallas, who she immediately had a crush on. They met up in California to go shopping, and eventually she used her powers on him in a bookstore, that was the first time she became aware she could control the way she manipulated people. In the last recent days she has become aware she is a mutant and convinced her father to let her attend the Xavier Institute.

“Sort of,” she smiled. “I can release pheromones that make people more susceptible to following what I say, or I can easily seduce people, and at times change their emotions.”

IC: Mimic (X-Mansion)

“Chris if you have my memories you should know what a country is, and who the President is,” she said slowly shaking her head.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC: "As I said, a mistake was made while investigating a cult in Kiev, while employed by the Czar. After that, I think a bullet to the head is somewhat less problematic than spending most of fifty years trying to avoid Stalin's regime."

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

IC: Zac and CalebBoth brothers began to blush a bit, Caleb was blushing even more and started to walk away, but then Zac grabbed his shoulder, "It's okay Caleb I'm sure she isn't going to use her powers," Zac said, "He kinda gets nervous around girls who aren't his sisters," he said with a nervous chuckle,

Edited by Zacax: The Gunsmith

IC (Agent 342, NPC, New York)

Across the street, unbeknownst to anyone at the manor, someone was watching. He'd set up here scarcely five minutes ago, having only recently arrived. His name was Abbas, he was a tall man of clear middle eastern descent. He had set up on a rooftop, in an old green house. It'd likely seen use when the apartment had been prospering...now though, it was deserted. This made it the perfect place to observe the comings and goings at the manor. He'd been a sleeper agent assigned to a town near the facility...and when the hammer had it and Yuri made his move, he'd gotten new orders. Head to New York, set up an observation post and report in once the Glory arrived. He had done this. Abbas was nothing if not loyal. Yuri had seen him through some bad situations before and he had no reason to doubt him now.

This, however, was unexpected. The presidents daughter was being left at the manor. That much was evident....and that left only one real option. She was a mutant. This went all the way to the top, if the president's daughter was a mutant....well, pro-mutant laws couldn't be far away. It'd be chaos. Grimacing, Abbas snapped a few photos with his long-range camera set up. It didn't have a flash and was designed for easy transportation....if he had to move, he'd be ready.

Edited by Basilisk

OOC: Oh, you were saying that to me, Zyke? I never noticed.

IC-Morrison:

Morrison sort-of hummed contently as his belly was scratched, snuggling up closer to Nicole, all the while trying to send Dallas feelings of "Run. Run, while she's holding me. Run you fool."

Sacrifice is good

But watching out for yourself

Is much easier.

Dallas, run.

IC-Error:

"And what is this job of yours?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now