IC: (Scott)

"And you just proved me wrong. Glad I'm not a girl. Wouldn't want to have to fin you off. " Scott was in a good mood. This was the first Christmas sense his dad passed away that Scott felt he was in good company.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Dallas (Westchester, New York)

"Errrr..."

The highway ended suddenly as Dallas took an exit and headed into Greater Westchester; the drive through town went for about five minutes before the two pulled into a Five Guys parking lot and Dallas sat back, running a hand through his blonde hair and adjusting his sunglasses.

"Alright. Talk about what?"

IC: Alaric (Institute, Westchester)

"Songbird's a cute name, but...just try remember that you're not an Ultimate, alright?"

IC: Aleksandr (Institute, Westchester)

"Oh, nah. I love it when the Russians are the bad guy in every action movie ever."

IC: Jace (Hellfire Mansion)

"No, Katherine, I'm preserving it."

By now, Jace's captivatingly handsome face was stony, emotions both unreadable and unfamiliar dancing around his face as he observed the Atlantean. In her neck, he could feel her pulse racing at a dangerous speed; though one could be compelled, they could still feel fear, anger, strong emotion. This poor girl was nothing more than a teenager.

"Do you want to die, Atana?" he asked gently

-Tyler.

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Rebekah

Before Rebekah could reply, her opponent seemed to vanish, becoming a blur before her eyes.

An instant later, she felt something sharp lance into her shoulder, and a vicious blow send her flying back, hitting the ground hard, and rolling. She didn't need to look at her shoulder to know what had occurred, as she pushed herself to her feet, lunging to the side just fast enough to avoid a powerful stomp where her head used to be.

No sooner did she recover, her doppelganger shot forward once more, this time with a powerful upper cut toward her jaw. Rebekah leaned back, barely avoiding the blow, before replying with a punch to her foe's gut.

X-322 stepped back, her grin widening. "So you haven't forgotten how to fight. Perfect. This might actually be fun."

IC: James

"Understood." James replied, hanging up his phone, and grabbing the case that concealed his shield. "Alright. We've got trouble. Ares, we're going to need you to teleport."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Nicole (Westchester, New York)

“Umm… why you’ve tried to distance yourself from me since I’ve arrived at the mansion,” she said looking over at him. She glanced at the Five Guys and felt her stomach rumble; even for her petite frame she enjoyed a good burger.

IC: Summer-flight (X-Manor)

“Of course I’m not an Ultimate,” she grinned at him. “For one I’m not blind, and two they all had sticks up their ***es.” She said.

IC: Mimic (X-Manor)

Christine laughed, “Oh yeah I forgot about that,” she said. “Are there any movies where they are actually the good guys?”

IC: Katherine (Hellfire Mansion)

“No,” she said as she stared upwards. “Don’t you want to at least taste her blood?”

IC: Ares (Zoo, SHIELD Helicarrier)

“Right,” Ares said. His hands became a blur of motion as they formed various magic signs. Blue halos began to form around them, the ancient runes glowing in midair as he finished his spell. His grey eyes glowed blue, and there was a sudden flash of light as all of the Avengers were seemingly teleported onto the SHIELD Helicarrier.

“Here we are, wait where's Brando?" Ares said as he looked around.

IC: Brando (SHIELD Helicarrier)

"I've been with Fury," Barton said, emerging from a conference room as James looked at him skeptically.

"I haven't been avoiding you. I've been trying to make you keep your promise - if you don't, that means you can't stick around, and...to be honest, it's pretty cool having you around, when you aren't pheromoning everything in sight, you nahhmean?"

"Depends on if you're in Russia or not."

"I will, because sixty seconds after she's gone you're going to kiss me anyway. I'll taste her blood then," Jace replied matter of factly. "Atana, do you trust me?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"And so I did. But, alas, we have no time for guessing games. The USAMRIID is under attack and we have to go, ASAP. Come on. I've got transport lined up for us already, and I bought us all candy bars from the vending machine. They're onboard."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

“I’m trying to keep my promise,” she said looking at him. “What do you mean I can’t stick around? You can’t kick me out of the institute Dallas,” she said. “I’m glad you like having me around, I like being here with you, you make me want to be better and not abuse people with my powers like I did in the past.”

She nodded, “Well I guess that makes sense,” she said. “So where were you hiding these past two months?”

“Fine,” Katherine crossed her arms unhappy. “Do whatever you want with her then,” she said.

“No, you are a vampire, like her.” The Atlantean girl said to Jace.

IC: Ares (Hellicarrier)

“Ah, I should of expected that you’d beat us here.” He said.

"What kind of candy bar?"

The supersoldier said, pivoting on one foot, and starting for the hangar. Pausing briefly, he tossed over his shoulder to the office he suspected Fury was in, "By the way! Get that Knower kid out here for when we get back! I still need to punch him!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Felix

A helicopter swooped over the heads of the Neo-Avengers and deposited one Felix Larson, complete with bandages and cowlick. He approached James, holding out a hand.

"Hey," he said, "you must be James. I'm Felix, Felix Larson. I believe we've been assigned on a mission together."

OOC: Sorry for the lack of posts lately guys, I'll see if I can get more in later.

67tlbk.png

"Well, see, that's really good. I mean, that's really good. Problem is, I have a responsibility to my dad to look after you, and if something happens, then I go to a military prison and get waterboarded and have my head shaved. I can't get my head shaved, Nicole."

"I wouldn't know. I didn't have an Ultimate," Ric said quietly with a smirk, positioning his head against the headboard and stroking Ashlynn's hair.

"Err...here, there, and everywhere?"

"I understand. Well. You're free to go. Get back to Atlantis and be with your family, because next time, you won't get one of the good vamps. Am I understood?" Jace replied, giving the Atlantean a cute wink with one big, captivating leopard-spotted eye. "It's okay. Go. You have a whole life to live. Go and live it."

"Twix, and that's a hate crime, Rogers."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Don't care, Brando. The bugger shot me. Several times."

Smiling slightly, he shook Felix's hand. "Yeah, I believe we have been. Just for the record? Big lizard guy? Yeah, he's mine."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Fauna

"That's strange, my mother is dead and I never knew my father. It's like we're opposites." Fauna was mystified at this. "Well, if the others are going to be like my family, I guess I had better be more outgoing. Speaking of which, I don't think I know your name."

OOC: It seems like everyone here has seen Las Miserables. (Including me. I love it and have seen it live.) Also, I have a profile waaaayyy back that only Flex ever looked at. It would be nice to get another OK for Winter.

Edited by Silverstar

“Nothing bad is going to happen, and I won’t let them shave your head Dallas,” she smiled at him.

IC: Summer-flight (X-Manor)

“Well you did, but he died,” she said. “I wonder how Ultimate John feels about being second to you, seemed to me the other me only got with him because the Ultimate you died.” She shrugged. She smiled as he stroked her hair before lying down next to him with her head on his chest.

“Oh and why were you hiding exactly?” she asked. “You killed Colonel Johnson, I’m pretty sure everyone trusts you after that.”

“Are you insane?” Katherine hissed. “We can’t just let her walk out the front door! She knows where we are located! You have to make sure she remembers none of this,” she said.

The girl got up and being still compelled began to walk emotionlessly towards the door. “Stop!” Katherine instructed; which she obeyed.

IC: Ares (Hellicarrier)

“Oh yeah, I think we all agreed to punch him for that."

IC: Darkfang (X-Manor)

“I seem to have the same problem myself,” he said scratching his head. “I still only know barely half the students here, I guess I need to be more social myself.” He shrugged.

“My name is Jeremy Wagner, what’s yours?” he asked her.

"Then compel her, Katherine. Make her forget. You're good at it."

"It's not a big deal, honestly. I like sleeping in the vents."

God, that sounded pathetic.

"Ashlynn Summers, you're sounding feistier than usual tonight. What's gotten into you?"

"Well, I appreciate that, Nicole."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Felix, Earl

"Sure thing," Felix said, "so, does anyone need to be briefed on the mission or can we move out?"

Reptilian and his team had the viruses. Now they just had to get out, and it was certainly not going to be as easy as getting in. In the time it had taken the HazMat team to secure the virus samples, the military had already set up a thick perimeter around the place. If they saw so much as a scale, they would all open fire. Charging through and hoping for the best was always an option, but the potential casualties would be quite unsatisfactory.

Then again, they only needed one vial of the virus. One vial out of the hundreds in total that the team had gathered. A maniacal grin spread across Reptilian's face, exposing rows of razor-sharp teeth.

"Ready yourselves, men," the scaly creature snarled, "we're moving out."

67tlbk.png

James glanced back at his team, and shook his head. "I think we've got it. Bad guys are attacking the facility, trying to get the virus. Pretty simple."

"We all ready?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: I'm planning to do some character development for Knower/Odysseus but it involves a special power/condition that I wanted to run by you guys first.

The thing I'm considering is giving Knower some kind of Accelerated Aging disease. I've currently turning his hair grey and giving him some wrinkles but I want to see how far I can take it. I can't decide between standard Werner Syndrome or having it be part of his mutation. If it's the latter, then what would happen is that exposure to some kind of chemical/energy will accelerate his aging process and exposure to a different energy/chemical will reverse the aging.

Also, what is the tech level of SHIELD? What kind of weapons can I give Knower?

IC Knower

I sat on the helicopter. Staring out the window, I watched as the sights of New York passed us by.

Edited by Constructman

OOC: I'll lay down another approval for WInter.

IC: Adrian sighed as he leaned against a wall near a window in the main hall. Things were fairly jovial around the mansion, at least, for the people who were willing to try and be in the spirit. Unfortunately, it was a good bit harder to be so easily content simply because holidays were upon them. Adrian cursed under his breath. It would be nice if things could just go smoothly for once in the world. Such was not the X-Men's lot in life, however. Adrian had a bad feeling things were about to get quite a bit more hectic very soon.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: I will be calling Ashlynn’s codename Songbird from now on, will be updating her profile soon.

As long as there are no extra gained powers I don’t see a problem with the aging thing. Pretty advanced when it comes to vehicles, satellites, spec-op type stuff, but they don’t have laser or beam weaponry or nano-tech like the Enforcers.

IC: Katherine (Hellfire Club)

“Oh the things I do for love, I’d much rather just drain her…” she said getting up and walking close to the girl. She looked right into her eyes, “You won’t remember any of this, in fact once you leave here it will all be gone from your memory forever, now leave.” She commanded. “Return to your people,”

IC: Ares (SHIELD Helicarrier)

“Oh Right, because you might punch a hole straight through him,” he nodded at Erin. “Let’s move out, brief us on the way if needed.” Ares told Felix.

“In the vents?!” she exclaimed. “God Aleks why are you always in the vents? Beast will give you a room!” she said. “He gave me one and I’m ex Brotherhood and ex Weapon-X,” she said indignantly.

IC: Songbird (X-Manor)

She smiled at Ric, “Hmm I don’t know… maybe because its Christmas?” she smiled at him before kissing him fiercely. “Too spicy?” she asked him. For some reason Ashlynn’s mind drifted back to her time at Weapon-X. To the time she had been forced to kill for the first time. It had changed her somehow; she’d killed Daken of her own will when she’d thought he’d killed Ric… Before she’d only ever used her powers to heal, but now she’d taken away lives instead of bringing them back from the edge of death, like she’d done with Shadow.

IC: Nicole (Dallas Car)

“Good,” she said. “I’ll try to only use my powers when I have too… like with that cop.” She said. “Though I’m still not sure why they didn’t work… something about that fox…”

IC: Darkfang (X-Manor)

“Define personally,” he said. “I know Krystal pretty well,” he said. “And I got to know Christine as well,” he said. “I did speak to Yodo and Ezekiel briefly as well, but other then that, no.”

"Alright." James looked over his group with a grin, pulling his shield out of its case. He slipped his arm into the loops without hesitation, his grin gaining a serious edge. "Alright folks. You know what the drill is."

"Let's give these ******s **ll." The supersoldier turned, walking toward the waiting transport.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Leeson, X-Manor

Pausing from the stroking of Baast, Leeson observed the room he was situated in once more; It was decorted for the holiday season, with wreaths and lights and all the cheery things that he had never understood.

As Baast noisily meowed in complaint at his stopping, Leeson continued to stare at the decorations, frowning slightly.

OOC: Open for interaction.

pNNgXax.jpg