IC: Brando (Helicarrier)

"COME DASHER, COME DANCER, COME PRANCER AND VIXEN~"

All present - even James, who had grown used to the marksman's antics by now - turned to look at what the yelling was about when they saw Marlon Brando Barton with a massive t-shirt cannon mounted on his shoulder like an RPG. Squeezing the trigger three times, he crowed as three cylindrical Christmas presents went flying at Rapture, who by now had dismissed him as a loon and turned around to fight off the real threats.

"Really, Brando? Christmas presents?" Natalie asked; Brando's only reply was a mad cackle as he began to reload the t-shirt cannon. As he brought the cannon down to fire it, three words were plainly visible on the top of the weapon that made even James wonder as to whether the SHIELD agent had really gone over the edge this time:

The Polar Express.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Knower

*blink blink*

"Actually," I said, putting the phone back to my ear. "I might actually be able to talk. Seems like they got it handled. And by handled, I mean singing 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' while firing an RPG barrage." I suddenly realized that those projectiles weren't RPGs. "Wait..." "

"AGENT BARTON!!!" I yelled. "What are you doing wasting the presents?! Use an actual weapon for goodness sake! Incinerator, I'm sorry, but can you, stay on hold? One of my colleagues seems to have lost his marbles. Turns out I'm still needed."

Edited by Constructman

OOC: You left Sam and Sarah there Jon, Lone’s characters.

IC: Incinerator (Enforcer Base)

“I don’t have time for this brat.” CLICK. Incinerator ended the call. He wondered how Sheen was doing after his arm had been torn off.

IC: Crossfire (Woods, Westchester)

Logan found himself suddenly flipped up into the air over her before he was let go. He hit the snow on his backside, the snow Krystal began to kick up messing with his visuals. He switched his HUD to heat signature and suddenly saw a large multicolored shape as it lunged at him. Logan felt sharp claws cut through his armor and into his flesh, he was slashed across his chest and arms in multiple places before he shifted one arm into a large shield, blocking most of her slashes, though she was tearing through she shield quickly. Logan’s other hand formed into a long barbed whip which he then lashed out at Krystal’s neck trying to wrap it around.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC: Krystal - Woods, Westchester -

Logan's barbed whip wrapped around Krystal's neck just like he had intended, but this hardly slowed Krystal down. Infuriated by the whip she started to bite at it, and began to thrash around wildly, pulling and tugging it in random directions with much force. Of course this did cause her neck to get cut up and start to bleed.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Nicole, Feral (X-Manor)

The President’s daughter ran down stairs as fast as she could. “Anyone see where Dallas went? He was supposed to meet me at breakfast.” She said hopeful. She’d been waiting for him in the cafeteria but he hadn’t showed.

“He’s not here Pinkie-loo,” John said. “Cali decided to head home, I’m not sure if he’s coming back, he burned all his weapons and then just left, without a goodbye.” John said. “He’s not returning my text either.” He sighed.

“He just left?” Nicole said with tears brimming in her eyes. Suddenly a blue energy began to pulse around Nicole’s hands. She turned and ran up the stairs before slamming the door to her room.

OOC: Nicole has a new secondary power approved by Alex and Tyler. Empathkinesis Which is sort of an emotion energy. When she's normal the energy is pink in color and if it touches someone they might feel a mild tickling sensation, if she's sad it turns blue in color and if it hits someone they will feel extremely cold, if she's angry it turns bright red and will cause intense pain on contact. She can shape it into simple shapes like a whip, or a bolt or blade.

As the whip twisted around Krystal’s neck and began to cut into her skin as she thrashed Logan smiled. His shield-arm quickly turned into a rifle as he aimed for her skull and fired twice, he knew her strong teeth would gnaw through the whip soon enough.

IC: Krystal - Woods, Westchester -

Logan fired his rifle, though with Krystal thrashing so wildly one of the bullets missed, while the other when through the side of her head. She had managed to break through the whip though, and despite her now bleeding head she seemed to still be functioning and pounced at the now shield-less Logan, intending to bite, claw, scratch...whatever she could do before she either ran out of energy and passed out or one of them died.

Edited by Snelly

OOC: Just to deal with a whole mess of things...

IC:

Well that failed, Rapture thought. She'd been able to block Knower from seeing into her mind, when, of all things, she ran almost literally into a returning SHIELD copter. She had no idea where the copter came from, but the SHIELD agents wasted no time in trying to chase her back towards the Helicarrier. Which was where she was now, surrounded by a good deal of SHIELD agents, all of them aiming at her with guns, hands, and a t-shirt cannon. By which, she was immediately shot by upon landing.

Well that could've turned out much, much, worse. And by worse, I mean death.

I swear, Katherine, or someone, is going to kill me for this.

"Well... Now what?" Balrog rumbled as he walked over to the New Iron man, and with a touch, set the pincers that had temporarily immobilized him on fire.

"I didn't forget this was a school," Chris said to Tyrone, "It's just that I was here for a few days, Weapon-X attacked and blew up the whole place, and now, two months later, I'm actually starting to learn things now."

"If you don't mind," Christopher added, "The conflict's been resolved."

With that, Christopher shut the door to Christine's room, turning back to find Christine handing him and his double some packages.

Chris carefully opened his package, raising an eyebrow at the book. He was about to comment that he didn't know how to read, before Christine said,

“It’s a good book, I practically learned to read with it. I can help you read it.”

Chris nodded, interested in both what the book was about, and learning how to read it.

Christopher received a small box, upon opening it, he saw the glove. He glanced at Christine, unsure of what use it could be of him, seeing as how he could control his powers.

“It was our mother’s. It was all I had of her when she died; she’d dropped it in the warehouse. I used to always sleep with it tucked under my pillow, Merry Christmas.”

"I- I can't take this," He said quietly, saddened by the sight of the thing, "This belonged to the person that brought me into this world... But as much as we're related, I can't just call her mother."

Edited by Varren Rehn

OOC: Okay, Auron?

I've been pretty lenient with Rapture's invasion of and subsequent escape from the Helicarrier. There were many times when she should have failed, or been caught, but you didn't allow time to react. And I let it slide. Logically, she shouldn't have been able to get on undetected in the first place. It has long been established that SHIELD agents have anti-telepath training. Thats been a fact ever since the organization was introduced. She should have been caught long before now.

But I decided I'd be lenient. Things so far in this game haven't been to heavily weighted towards realism, NPCs and bases have more or less been pushovers. A, that's going to start to change. And B, that was beyond even what the old standards would have let slide.

Let's start from the top.

First off, a nitpick. The bullet would have hit her in the chest, it would have hit her in the back. Second, a bullet impact shouldn't have effected her descent that much, especially since she was already flying. It most likely would have sent her down maybe a couple dozen feet before she regained control. Third, the bullet would have been pushed out. The tracking part was the tip only, the bullet itself would have been pushed out, and the wound would have healed around it. This is just common sense. If a wound couldn't heal with something inside it, a mutant with a healing factor never could have had a bomb implanted in their head, as occurred in the Weapon X arc. Also, even if it didn't get pushed out, there was no reason for her to assume that it contains a tracker. When you are being shot at and chased by people who's base you invaded, what grounds would she have to assume that it's a tracker? There are any number of things it could be.

Next, her evasion of the remaining attacks is faulty. They were not simultaneous, and that is the only way that she could have evaded by falling. She isn't fighting useless mooks, these are people with experience and training. They know enough to adjust their aim. And Natalie's attack actually came before the sniper bullet anyway. And even if all of those missed, which is beyond unlikely, Brando's would have hit. Why? Because he has the same aiming skills if not better than Hawkeye.

I've let a lot skate by. But magically evading the attacks of no less than four trained agents? All of whom with easily the same experience, most likely better, than Rapture?No. Honestly, Rapture should be captured by now. You don't just invade a base of a group that deals with super powered individuals all the time and get away scot free. Especially not if it means questionable methods.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Just for the record, BEST WEST COAST RPing is now available, so if you ever get tired of being stuck around stuffy ol' New York, come down to Cali. Everything's cooler here. c:

If you do, though, due to the fact that the latest Dallas IC was set at an indeterminate time, assume that, for now, time in California is ahead a solid three or four weeks ahead of New York. At least, until we can get time centralized again.

IC: Dallas (San Francisco Bay, California)

The television was what woke me up.

My family owned a second condo in Alameda, so I didn't have to evict them from their house and they didn't have to ask me any awkward questions about the girl that I happened to leave New York with. Problem with this condo was, the TV was inhabited by some form of electronic poltergeist, so at any and all hours of the day or night, it would flicker on. As it so happens, it was on a news ticker, flicking through the major cable news channels and reporting all there was to know about all sorts of stuff.

Lessee...gun control debate...pregnant Kardashian - and here was little old me, thinking she was just fat...oh, hey, that's me.

"First it was openly Communist, then it was openly gay, now it appears that the latest Hollywood craze is openly mutant!"

Oh, here we go.

"Dallas Green, the sixteen year old X-Men captain who first won hearts by helping perform a dramatic rescue of the capital city of Washington, D.C. before giving the flagging Saturday Night Live its highest ratings bump in three and a half years, has been reportedly sighted in and around the San Francisco Bay area, where he spent his childhood and now, apparently, is spending his adulthood."

Well, I guess that'd be nice.

I muted the TV as Ashley entered the kitchen part of the condo from her bedroom, all smiley and happy as could be. I was surprised, I'll admit, by how much she'd loved California; ever since we'd gotten here, not one word had been said between us about the East Coast or even about the other X-Men.

"Hey."

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ashley - San Francisco Bay, California -

"Morning Dallas!" Ashley said cheerfully, holding a pot full of dirt. As always up to something related to gardening and the like. Ashley glanced at the TV as she entered the living room. "Wow they're still talking about the mission in D.C? That feels like such a long time ago." Ashley said reflectively, thinking back.

She was happy for Dallas and all the publicity he was getting, but honestly she was glad that she didn't get that sort of attention from the media. She was a bit camera shy.

OCC: My chars are at the ambush, i've just been waiting on a reply to them showing up.

IC:

(Blake. Death)

Blake was in the courtyard, simply thinking about things. Should I lock him up for good? Why would you do that Blake? I'm one of your only friends. Because your a monster, and you'd kill the rest of the team given a chance. What makes you say that? ​ Experiences of waking up, and seeing the little group i found to stay with all dead, ripped to shreds, and im covered in blood. Don't think i wont get rid of you, some way, somehow.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

OOC: And for my final char slot:

Name: Robin Huntian.Age: 122 (looks 17-18)Gender: MaleFaction: NoneAppearance: He has brownish blonde hair and green eyes that get flickers of red in them when he's angry. Most vampires are extremely handsome, and this was passed on to him. He's looks much more muscular than most vampires though, being as he actually has to work out. About 6'2". He has fangs shorter than a vampire's, though they rarely pop out.Weapons: Robin uses a silver edged sword and a large crossbow, as well as two 40 caliber pistols.Personality: Robin is a paradox. He's often aloof, but once you get to know him he's friendly and loyal. Most of his jokes are lines used to distract foes, and he barely ever cracks a grin when around unknown people.Powers: Robin has the innate ability to sense the vampire that infected him to the point of nearly feeling any pain the other feels. He's stronger, faster, and more agile than a normal human, but not near as fast or agile as a fullblood. Think half way in between. Robin's strength, however, is about the same due to a strict training regimen. His senses are enhanced, and he has a weakened healing factor, taking him 12 hours to recover from life threatening injuries. His vampiric powers are dulled somewhat if he doesn't drink blood for a while, but that's generally not a problem.Skills: Extremely good with his sword and crossbow, rarely gets distracted from a mission.Weaknesses: He has to keep his bloodlust under control, and starts getting fuzzy feeling in his head if he goes inside a house without permission, like he's not supposed to be there. It's very unsettling, and knocks his aim askew. Light based attacks do more damage than normal.Bio: Robin's life began quite interestingly. His mother was turned by Jace Pulliam (approved by Tyler) when he was a baby, turning her into a vampire and him into a bizarre cross known as a dhampir. The hotblooded young man took to fighting, first on the Allies' side in World War 1 and again in WWII, each time showing distinction in the service of his country. It also taught the soldier the value of patience, gradually cooling his aggressive temper. After that he seemed to drop off the map, only recently reappearing.

I already got Tyler's approval.

Edited by Jon Snow

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Oh are they? I was a bit confused by that myself Kaithas. Okay Lone, got it.

Robin seems legit to me, approval X1.

Logan knew that she would run out of blood soon if he kept this up. As she bite and scratched him, he cried out in pain as her jaws sank into his shoulder and her claws slashed across his sides and the side of his face. He turned both arms into blades and slashed at her throat with them.

IC: Mimic (X-Manor)

“Oh, okay…” she said as she accepted the glove back. “I’m sorry you didn’t like your present, I’ll make it up to you okay?” she asked. She offered the glove to her Chris, “What about you?” she asked.

IC: Feral (X-Manor)

John needed some time to think, and he found the best way for him to do that was when he sank his claws into something. He made his way down to the basement level before walking into the Danger Room. “Anyone in here?” he said as his cyan eyes scanned the room.

IC: Triblade, Nicole (X-Manor, LATER San Francisco Bay, California)

When Matt had learned that Ashley had left for California with Dallas he'd made up his mind he was going. It wasn't the first time he left without asking. He quietly packed his things, including his new surfboard. He then walked down the hall to Nicole's room and knocked on the door. "Hey," Matt said.

"What do you want?" said a voice from the other side.

"To go find my girlfriend, she's with Dallas. You coming?" he asked. He'd seen Nicole's little episode and had decided that maybe some company would be nice.

The door flew open. Nicole jumped into Matt's arms. "Yes!" she said. She then quickly shut the door, "Give me two minutes to pack!" Matt waited quietly until Nicole walked out of her room with a single suitcase and her purse. "Let's go then."

Together they went out a side door and headed for the garage. Matt opened up his 2010 blue Mustang GT with a white racing stripe and deposited their stuff inside. Nicole climbed into the passenger side and together they took off down the road, moving through the gates of the school. "Good by Westchester, hello California!" Matt said.

** TIME SKIP TO SAN FRAN TIME**

"Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!"

Matt shouted as he surfed a massive wave, the ocean water glistening with the rays of the bright sun. Matt and Nicole had been in San Fran for a few weeks but hadn't located their missing friends, so they'd decided to try the beach.

Nicole was lying on a towel in a white bikini as she absorbed the rays of the sun. She sat up and watched Matt as he surfed. She laughed, he was getting pretty good after surfing half the day.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

OOC: On the whole 'getting-shot-in-the-chest' thing, I had imagined her facing Jame's location to see who's attacking her instead of doing the smart thing and running like heck. She also isn't the best flier (I probably should've put that in the profile...), which explains her descent.

If you feel better, I'll retcon the previous post, and say that she got herself captured.

I am sorry for avoiding the rules on this, have fun with a captured "baddie" sitting in some random prison. Just don't kill her off. I need her alive so I actually can have a plot. <=|

IC:

"I'm sorry," Christopher said, his voice still quiet, "You don't need to do anything for me..."

Chris nodded, gingerly accepting the glove, looking it over with a combination of awe and fear. To him, this was the only thing that he has ever seen that belonged to his mother. He had never seen a photograph of her either. What concerned him, was that his double said he couldn't call the person who gave birth to him his mother. He probably had good reasons for saying that, and what truly scared him, was what if his mother had left him for the same reasons that she'd left his double in his own reality.

He wasn't sure if he wanted to know the answer to that question.

IC [Lucas/LV Apartment] "...So what exactly is going on here again?" Lucas raised an eyebrow. "What are you people, some sort of Neo-Wiccans?" OOCNew word of the day; Neo-Wiccan.

IC: Malik (Las Vegas)Neo-Wiccan, great another word I don't know. His palm finally removed from his forehead, Malik turned to face Lucas. "Your guess as to what is going on is as good as mine," Malik groaned, "I wake up and its here." He stated gesturing to the girl.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC [Lucas/NV Hotel]

"...It, uh huh." Lucas put up his hands and started to back away. "Look, if I disturbed you two doing anything private I'm terribly sorry, I think I'll be going now."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Knower

The moment Brando pointed his t-shirt cannon at me, I instinctively dodged, rolling to the side. A move tried and true, used by many agents in the past. It would have worked, except that one: this was Hawkeye's son I was dealing with, and two: that was the moment Rapture hit me with her mental assault, conveniently making me forget everything that I had learned abut her. Getting off of the floor, I angrily threw the present in no particular direction. Alyssa said something to me I simply responded "Well I thought that a grown man such as him would be more mature," performing my best grandpa impression. In another context, I could actually pose as an older man; my whole face was covered in wrinkles and one quarter of the hairs on my head were grey. Here however, they all knew that I was just a 15 year old boy who would cry over losing a computer game-Hey! Give me some credit! It was my 100th attempt at the Marrowkai level!

OOC: You know the ten-character limit? Does that apply to all characters or just active/living ones?

Name: Cpl. Anton Jeremiah Smith-OctaviusCodename: Doctor OctopusAge: 27Gender: MaleFaction: EnforcersPower(S): Telepathic control over four telescopic metal tentacles on his back; he can move them as if they were an extension of his body. He can use them in any way that his biological father did.Appearance: Anton looks strikingly similar to his uncle, Otto. He is younger (duh) but has the same general look. He has four Weapons: Magnetic field jammer: Since Anton's arms are made of titanium and are nearly impossible to remove, he keeps a magnetic jammer in his back just in case he goes head to head with Quicksilver. He also has the standard weaponry of any Enforcer: assault rifle, pistol, and a telescopic baton similar to a police baton, except that when it is fully extended, it is 75 meters long. He also wears a suit of armor similar to that of Heka Lockspur's except with four holes in the back to fit his mechanical arms through.Skills: Anton possess an extremely high IQ and exceptional knowledge in physics and mechanical engineering. Personality: Unlike many of those who sign up for the Enforcers, Anton does not hate mutants with a genocidal rage. Rather, he can actually sympathize with them, as he grew up with them when he was a young boy. As a result, he is very reluctant to go out and do "field work" and often cannot bring himself to deliver the killing blow. However, due to his experiences as a teen in high school, Anton is under the impression that more mutants use their powers for evil rather than good, and that they have to be stopped, even if the means used is something just as abhorrent. As a result, he believes that he is commuting the lesser of two evils.Weakness: His tentacles are extremely heavy, so in the event that he loses control over them, he will have a very hard time moving around.Bio: Anton Jeremiah Smith-Octavius is the first cousin, once removed of Otto Octavius. Abandoned by his birth parents at just 2 months for an unknown reason, he was put up for adoption. Taken in by a kind and loving family, Anton was raised in the presence of both mutants and humans, his mother a human, his father a mutant. Later, he would serve as an older brother to three younger siblings, two mutant, one human.

Anton was raised well by his adoptive parents, studying hard, achieving much, and being kind to everyone. He was known to many of his classmates as the "good boy" and while he did have a few stints with alcohol, he was mostly able to escape the turmoil many less fortunate adolescents face. Getting into CalPoly, he became one of the schools top students. At first, it seemed that he would have a normal life.

doing maintenance work on a nuclear reactor. Anton was wearing a harness of mechanical arms to help him handle the reactor, when it suddenly exploded. Anton's classmate was killed, and when Anton woke up in hospital, the doctors informed him that the arms were permanently fused to his. They also informed him of his true heritage: he was the grandson of Karl Octavius and the first cousin, once removed of the infamous Doctor Octopus.

Traumatized by the event, Anton moved back home to his family, where he studied his masters and his doctorate degrees online, passing both of the courses in only three years. Taking care of his siblings in his spare time, he eventually started to note the odd behavior of his sixteen year old brother, Charlie. Doing some investigation, Anton discovered that his adoptive sibling was diving deep into drug abuse and gang violence. It was not until he stole some money from home that Anton and his parents found out that Charlie was being severely bullied at school for being a mutant. Several nights later, several members of a rival mutant gang along with some very angry drug dealers marched on Anton's home, where they proceeded to assault Charlie. Naturally, Anton's family resisted, and in the ensuing brawl, Anton's ten year old sister, Leslie, was killed by a mutant gang member. In rage, Anton unleashed his mechanical arms on the group and those that didn't end up in the hospital were huddled in fear, speaking of "Doc Ock's return." Charlie committed suicide the following night, ashamed of what he had done. Being unable to stand the loss of two of his siblings, Anton moved away to New York. Getting a job as a physicist, Anton began to note several instances all too similar to his own. Eventually, he began to believe that mutants who used their powers greatly out numbered those who used them for good, and against the urging of his conscience, Anton joined the Enforcers, working as a scientist, but reluctantly agreeing to become a soldier. But even as he hunts down those he once called family, he still carries with him the scars of regret and sorrow, scars that just keep piling up day by day.

I don't know what standard Enforcer weaponry is, so can you please inform me if I need to either upgrade or downgrade his weaponry?

Edited by Constructman

OOC: If you think I'm really gonna approve a character who survived the Virginia Tech shooting - a real life massacre that real life people are still affected by - then you have about forty other things coming.

No.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Winter

"My name is Marietta, but I go by Winter." at first she smiled, but than looked confused. "Who are the brotherhood?"

IC: Fauna

Fauna dragged herself up the stairs and into her room. She hadn't done much but buy sheets and a comforter for her bed, so it was pretty bare. She had picked plain, pale purple bedding because it reminded her of her sister. She sat down and looked towards a exceptionally dreary corner. "I wonder if they allow fish here." she thought.

OOC: I am not inclined to approve this Doctor Ocotopus. Cloning is not something that a criminal on the run would be able to do. Not only would they not have the requisite level of technology, but Doc Ock's knowledge was not in that particular field, if I recall correctly. And even if he had all of that, he lacks of host mother, and doing so in a laboratory environment would be even more difficult.

Second, while memory modification has been shown to exist in this game, it is not a widely known or used method. Without a mutant able to do so, artificial modification has only been used by Weapon X. Which means that at most it would be able to be used by government groups, or groups with similar influence as Weapon X. Certainly not by a single wanted criminal.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Venom

A short while later, we found ourselves scaling a tall building with several screaming people suspended below us by a symbiote net. Onlookers gathered below us, pointing and gasping, as we brought our hostages to the roof of the building. We dangled them off the edge of the roof, much to their displeasure. We looked up at an approaching news helicopter and shouted,

"Come get us, Spider-Man!"

67tlbk.png

IC: Foreshadow

"Come get us, Spider-Man!"

"What the heck?" Peter thought, as he looked up at the tower where Venom was standing. "Okay, this is not good. Doesn't the bloody fool know that Spiderman died 17 years ago?!" Ducking into an alleyway, he quickly put on his vigilante suit, desperately hoping that it was made of Unstable Molecule Fabric. Peter had worn it once when a friend of his convinced him to go to some sort of Latino festival. Day of the Dead, was it? Pulling the hood over his face, he quickly started to fly into the air.

A short while alter, Venom would hear a voice behind him. "Hate to break it to you, but if you're looking for Peter Parker, he's been dead for seventeen years. Apparently in this messed up version of the past, he was killed by Jean Grey." If he had the mind to turn and look behind him, he would see a man dressed in a skin-tight suit, somewhat similar to SPiderman, but much darker in color and with a crosshair like symbol on his chest instead of a spider.

IC [Lucas/LV Hotel]

"Uuuuuuuh..." Lucas' eyes darted between the two, his hand sliding into his shirt to feel for his knife. "Well, like I said, I'll just be going now."

With that glorious statement, he made a mad dash for the door.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Venom

We turned to find a man in a strange costume that reminded us of the one worn by our old nemesis.

"Hate to break it to you," he said, "but if if you're looking for Peter Parker, he's been dead for seventeen years."

The man proceeded to elaborate, but we couldn't hear him over the guttural sound gradually building in our throat.

"If we can't kill Parker," we snarled, "we'll just have to kill them instead!"

And with that, we released the net, sending the hostages plummeting to the cold concrete below.

67tlbk.png

IC: Malik

C*** , c***, c***, I'm not going to be left alone with that demented child. Desperate in need of salvation, Malik proceeded to make a mad dash after Lucas, "Wait up man! Please don't leave me alone with that, that freak!" While he didn't display any signs on his face, Malik regretted the words as soon as he said it, Freak, that's always been me hasn't it. God dangit, I really am better off alone.

Peak-a-boo.

Well as alone as I can get in this cursed body.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

The hostages that Venom had released suddenly found their fall slowing. Peter, arm raised, had lowered the flow of gravity in their general area to slow their fall. Which had also caused quite a bit of damage to the fabric of space, but nothing it couldn't heal. Peering over the edge, Foreshadow watched as the victims safely touched down. "No killing today," Peter simply said. "You know, in the future, we don't seem to have these kinds of problems. I don't know whether it's the police service here, or the..." Peter started a long and boring drawl about how 2099 was SO much better than 2012. If only he knew...

IC [Lucas/LV Hotel]

Lucas stopped and turned, holding his nasty looking skinning knife in one hand. "I don't want trouble mate. Just... go back to doing whatever creepy **** you were doing with your girlfriend and leave me out of it."

voidstars.png

IC: Gabriel - Las Vegas

A sad smile appeared on Gabriel's face as she glided past the other two, exiting through the door with as little noise as possible. She would be shunned by everyone she met, but she accepted that. It was difficult going through life like this, but she could manage.

Minutes later, she had already disappeared from the hotel for parts unknown.

"OWWWWWWW!!!"

Peter was struck in the back/stomach/whatever and was sent flying. Taking advantage of the momentum, he raised his gravity, allowing himself to float in the air. "On second thought," he said gingerly lowering himself onto a nearby apartment. "Maybe you're right." A gravity well suddenly formed behind Jason/Venom, threatening to pull him sky high. "SOMEBODY CALL THE COPS ALREADY!!!" I shouted.