OOC so who is official X-Men? Is Kristy too new?IC KnowerOkay then. Time to kill the power."So... is there a systematic order to which we disconnect the systems," I asked, "Or do we just pull out plugs at random? Do we have to unplug 'System A' before we can unplug 'System B'?"Spartan"Whoa," one of Homer's men said, awe in his voice. "What's with all the birds?"Homer risked a glance behind him. A massive group of birds had started to circle around the tower that Venom was standing on. Thinking it odd, homer rang up wildlife control. "City Wildlife Cobtrol?" Homer said into his helmet's built in phone. "There seem sto be an abnormally large avian presence at <insert address here>."

Edited by Constructman

IC: Alec had suited up as soon as the X-Pager in his X-Pocket has started going off. As he entered the War Room he nodded to Chris. Both of them.

IC: Since he was staff, Tyrone was obligated to go on the mission, if only to stop anyone else getting hurt. That mean he had to foist Sue off on someone while she was still a security risk.

"Hey, you mind looking after someone for a bit?"

"Wha-?" Francasca replied, startled.

"Excellent. Be back once this mission is over," Tyrone said, walking off and leaving a bemused Francesca behind

IC: Rolling her eyes at Shaw, Song nevertheless went to go prep some soldiers. She'd have to see which ones were on the roster but weren't in the sick bay

IC: Sensitives in Las Vegas were fleeing. They could feel him coming, Jimmy knew that. To them he was a void, a blank space in the world where their magic enhanced senses simply vanished. Like that spot in your mouth were you recently lost a tooth and all thats there is raw gum.

Worse though was the knife. He'd never enchanted or ensorcelled it, but use the same tool in enough rituals and it starts to attract latent traces of magic, like a stain that just won't clean. And Jimmy had used the knife in more ceremonies than he could remember.

The explosions caught his attention. He was unused to such things; fire mages had not been common in his part of the world. They also made him wonder whether there was something else in Vegas. Something that had drawn both him and this terrorist to the same city on the same day

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC [Prince of Ravens/New York City]

The Prince of Ravens pulled himself back up, hearing the birds in his mind warning him of something. So, this armored man had many others with him. He squinted, looking down at the situation. He was far away from it, of course, but his eyes could easily overcome the distances involved. Perhaps this called for a more... involved approach.

He began extending his influence to its furthest limits. Birds flew form their nests in the droves, pigeons and crows and common finches and all manner of bird flocking to his command. Thousands rose, blotting out the sky above the armored man and his men as they assembled.

Even worse, the feathers they produced took on a life of their one. Thousands of birds in flight produce plenty of them, but these feathers began to to turn into whirls. They twisted and moved around, making vision difficult to near impossible.

Then the crows descended. They went in orderly fashions, small groups of five to seven swooping down and attacking whatever exposed skin they could before flying back up into the skyline. There seemed to be little rhyme or reason to their attacks, besides to simply scare and delay.

The Prince of Ravens, all this while, was simply smirking.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Abraham

"I have no idea where your brother is." The tactician replied, crossing his arms. "He didn't perish within the warehouse, that much I know. But I have no knowledge of his whereabouts."

IC:

When the others arrived, they would find that someone was already in the room.

Alex leaned against the wall, surveying the new arrivals. It was readily apparent that many of the members of his team, his generation, had departed. Dallas, Ashley, Abbas, Brianne. Only a few of the old standbys remained. Instead, they had been replaced with new members. Most of them had been around before his departure, periphery members, the ones who stayed quietly in the background. But so few of his original team remained.

He wasn't surprised. After the first battle with the Brotherhood, he hadn't expected Dallas to stay. He hadn't expected to stay himself. Staying in this place, where your friends could die at any moment, and the every people you protected hated you, it took a different kind of strength.

And looking around, he could already see faces that lacked it. John would leave the team soon, he had no doubt. With his upcoming engagement, he will want to avoid danger more and more, seeking to keep himself and his family safe. Scott, who believed himself ready, but truly had no real experience. Kristy, who believed she understood how cruel the world could be.

So many of them, looking to be heroes, without truly understanding what it means. Without understanding the toll it takes. No hero remains intact for long. That mask, meant to hide their identity, quickly becomes a prison. A silent testimony to the pain witnessed.

I wonder. Which one of them will learn first?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

(Scott)

Scott looked around the room. He saw some of the team there all ready. He saw Alex, and wondered, not for the first time, what went through his head. That guys had been to h*** and back, and yet, stilled stayed on the team. As to why, Scott couldn't know, and wouldn't ask. Scott had his own past, maybe not as bad as Alex's, but still not that great. All you have to do is look hard, and you can see my past, written in the armor. the small stuff never leaves, does it? Scott took off his helmet, just wanting it off. He looked at his helmet. I could make it better, make it to strike fear into who I'm fighting, but I can't. I've though a lot with this helmet. wouldn't feel right. And that's not me. I'm not one to scare my enemy off.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC Spartan"Okay, what is this?"As the feathers descended from the heavens, Spartan looked around in confusion. Then the birds came. They came in squads of five or more, and they pecked at the armor of his men, attacking what they could. One bird came up and pecked him right in visor, creating a large crack in his HUD. "Enforcer command, this is Homer Dmitriou!" Spartan yelled into his comm. "My squad needs reinforcements! We're at <insert address here>! Anything to counter large groups of birds will help!"

OOC: Is Spirit an official X-Man?

IC: Silver Serpent

Susan saw Beast and Tyrone run back into the mansion and not pay any attention to her so she sat down to wait.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: NPC Operator

"Spartan, I don't know if you realized, but we have bigger problems to deal with than birds. Namely, the fact that the Helicarrier just shot a craft out of the sky." An annoyed voice came from the other end. "Now, if you can't deal with a few birds, I have serious doubts about your competence.""Enforcer HQ, out."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: I suppose Kristy could be on the team. I think Spirit is yes.

Oh how wrong Alex is, if anything John will be putting himself into more danger soon.

IC: Feral (X-Manor)

On his way to the War-Room John stopped in the boy’s locker room. He walked over to his locker and pulled it open before tearing off his civilian clothes and tossing them to the ground. He then pulled his suit on. It had been over two months since John had worn his suit. It felt familiar and comforting to feel it against his skin. He zipped his suit up before snapping his belt around his waist.

He then pulled out his boots and shoved his feet into them before pulling on each glove and flexing his hand. Lastly he reached up and pulled up the hood attached to the back of his suit, which was actually his mask. The mask fitted perfectly over his face, obscuring each eye with crimson.

He then walked the short distance into the War-Room, as he stepped in he looked around at the faces, most of them familiar, a few were new.

IC: Darkfang (X-Manor)

Jeremy suddenly vanished. He reappeared wearing a sleek black and white suit, similar to his father’s before him but different in coloration.

IC: Songbird (X-Manor)

Ashlynn entered the girls’ locker-room before exiting a few minutes later wearing her old black and yellow costume. She walked into the War-Room then went and stood near John.

IC: Mimic (X-Manor)

Christine had made her way down to the locker-rooms as well. She stepped into the War-Room wearing a green and white skin-tight suit. It was mostly dark green with a white X across the front. This would be her first official mission as an X-Man as well. But she felt ready.

IC: Triblade (San Fran, Starbucks)

"Teleporting mutants... that's it!" Matt said to Robin after his suggestion. "Maybe Darkfang can take me there." he said, he turned to Dallas.

"What do you think man should I go or sit this on out?"

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

The barrage of birds only began to speed up; now several groups were breaking off from the seething mass of them in the sky, attacking and flying off as others refreshed them. All the while the feathers continued to billow from nonexistent wind, making things difficult to see. It was a nightmare.

The Prince of Ravens kept watching this all unfold from his perch, safe and sound from the chaos in the distance. This was amusing, he decided, but not nearly as much as it would be to truly defeat them. Perhaps confront the man in the armor. On his own terms, of course.

He pulled out his roll of paracord, nonchalantly beginning to make a hangman's noose while his birds continued their attack.

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Krystal - War Room, Institute -

Krystal entered the danger room, others piling in as she sat down in a nearby chair. She was still feeling a bit weak from the excessive blood loss she'd suffered earlier in the woods, but she wanted to know what was up. Whether or not she would actually join the mission was another matter entirely.

IC: Nathan - Westchester, Institute -

There was little I could do but get up from the couch as Jesika pulled my arm. "Alright we'll go do something!" I said reassuringly, it was about then that I heard a beeping sound in one of my pockets, I pulled out my X-beacon.

Welp it seemed Starfleet needed my help, time to get to the bridge, I mean the war room. "Jesika, do you want to see the war room? There's lot of interesting stuff in there I'm sure."

IC: Shiloh - Genosha -

Shiloh was getting worried, her brother wasn't responding to her calls, and she could sense he was somewhere close, but where exactly she could say. She reasoned that her brother wasn't responding because he was asleep or otherwise unconscious She grimaced as she looked at Abraham from where she lay. "Well, he's somewhere around here...wherever here is." She still had no idea where she was, though she assumed they were long gone from the warehouse.

IC: Howard - Helicarrier -

"Well, how about you head toward the left wing and tear out any wires that look like....this." As he was speaking he went behind one of the computer terminal's opened the back compartment, and yanked out a bundle of wires of all sorts of colors, the terminal instantly went black. "Basically something a lot like this, only for the weapon systems, this is for...what is this for?" He took a closer look at what he'd just pulled out. "Oh, that was for the communications." He shrugged.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Nero flinched as the beacon went off in his pocket. "Well that was fast..." Nero muttered under his breath before heading to suit up, then wheeling to the war room. The atmosphere wasn't one of excitement, Nero noticed. "How things change in a few short months." Nero mused before wheeling over to relax at a wall.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: "Oh, are we actually going to have a plan this time?" Alec joked, after Spirit floated in, "Or do our usual thing of charge blindly in and hope for the best while smashing up everything in sight?"

IC: Francesca poked her head round in the garage where Sue was waiting, "Um...I think I'm supposed to look after you for now. Are you hungry or anything?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Julia, Zack, Jordan, Demon, VenomJulia, Zack, and Jordan all hurried to the War Room. Julia took her place next to Alex and wrapped her hand around his. She eyed Jordan out of...what? Suspicion? Curiosity? It was still so odd, seeing him after so many years separated. He, of course, didn't notice her; he was too busy fiddling around with the flashing and buzzing device in his hands. Evidently, he hadn't learned how to turn it off.Zack stood at the front of the room next to Beast. As both of the mutated guards collapsed, their lifeless bodies crumpling, Demon scowled in disgust."I'll never work for men like you," he spat, "the slaughter of innocents is a needless, disgusting practice."He narrowed his eyes at the apparent leader of the group.We let out an angered, surprised hiss as a swarm of birds swooped in and attacked the Enforcers. Well, we wouldn't intervene yet. They seemed to be leaving us alone.

67tlbk.png

IC:

"I do not want to be bait again," Chris declared crossly, remembering the battle at DC, "It is someone else's turn."

Christopher continued to say nothing. He was more keen to listen for the time being. Besides, he hadn't decided on what form he wanted to appear as. That, and he wanted to talk to Alex at some point of the going-ons of the world in which he came from. Who's alive, who's dead, who still thinks he's a bloodthirsty monster that eats small animals. Stuff like that.

Balrog, in the meantime, was in New York. Hiding in another warehouse. He was too busy resting after his battle with the creepy blood-guy, the shapeshifter, and the random staff-guy to do anything else.

I lost way too much blood... I really aught to find a better way to do this.

Warren, it seems, was being ignored by Nathan and Jesika.

"What about stabbing it?" Aether asked, "Because I'm not keen on touching it, and cutting things up is easier than that."

Cell-block power... Gotta find cell-block power...

"If you want to go with the X-Men," A voice behind Francesca said, "Feel free to go."

Sarah stood outside the Garage, looking at both the new arrival and Francesca, "I think I'm fully qualified to take care of her."

IC: Feral (War-Room)

“**** I wish Matt was here.” John said. He wasn’t the only one he wished was present. It felt weird seeing the team suited up without Dallas. John had fond memories of him and Dallas tearing into Sentinel’s like the bosses they were. Dallas operating a massive Sentinel hand as he blasted Sentinel’s to bits. But they weren’t fighting Sentinel’s anymore, they were fighting people. The stakes were higher.

IC: Beast (War-Room)

Hank looked around seeing most of the team present. “As I’m sure most of you know there is a situation in Las Vegas,” Hank said as he unmated his computer which began to display a live feed of the events. Armed men have killed hundreds of civilians and are now slaughtering a large amount of cops. We have to stop them.” Hank said.

“It is unknown if any of them have powers or if they are normal humans, but the ringleader appears to be this figure.” He said as he pressed a key and the feed zoomed in and froze. It displayed a blurry image of a black garbed figure with round crimson glasses.

“Our plan is simple,” Hank said. “We drop in and rescue as many officer’s as we can.” He said. “These men seem to be trained killers, but that doesn’t mean you have the right to take their lives. Remember the X-Men don’t kill. You can maim them if you must, but avoid killing them, we can’t afford that blood on our hands; the public is weary of us as it is.” Hank said. He looked around seeing: John, Ashlynn, Jeremy, Christine, Alex, Kristy, Jared, Blake, Scott, Chris, Christopher, Alec, Tyrone, Krystal, Nero, Julia, Zack, Jordan and Will. The team was still quite large, Beast wondered if he needed to split them into strike teams.

“Concentrate on the leader, if we can take him down his men will lose morale.” Hank said.

IC: Harbinger (Las Vegas)

“Actually its quite necessary,” I shrugged. “I recommend you leave if you’d like to keep your life, things will be getting interesting around here.” I grinned. Now that most of the cops were busy not getting mowed away by my back-up I pulled the knife across the officer’s neck. The knife slicing through his flesh and slitting his neck; then threw him to the ground as he began to leek blood.

I then aimed at an officer and fired twice sending three rounds into his back as he returned fire at one of my assassins.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

OOC Ninjas.DOUBLE EDIT: never mind.IC Kristy Hanging back from the group, Kristy just kept silent. As the (newest?) member of the team, she knew that she had a lot to learn, so she just observed, letting the more experienced members formulate their plans.

Edited by Constructman

IC:"I am concerned at the number of people present for this mission."

Alex commented from the side of the room, just outside Beast's field of vision. "We are dealing with a clearly trained team. Far more trained than this one, and quite obviously more organized. This many members is a very large problem. When the more destructive powers are let loose, friendly fire becomes a very real possibility.""And without any sort of organization, our numbers become a hindrance, rather than a help. We stand more of a chance of harming one another than the enemy."The technopath's voice was clinical, almost detached. It was strange. The previously nervous, geeky teenager was gone, instead replaced by a calm, almost cold, professional. It was a far cry from the person who left two months ago.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

(Scott)

"Alex is right. We should split into two teams. A primary force, and then a reserve force to back up the primary, should things get hectic out there." Scott could hear a good plan when one was spoken, and Alex had voiced a good point.

War...war never changes.

IC: Silver Serpent

"Um...I think I'm supposed to look after you for now. Are you hungry or anything?"

“Sure.” Susan answered, and then Sarah showed up. “I’m Silver, Silver Serpent.” Susan said offering her hand to the two women.

IC: Spirit

"I think I should be in the primary force since I can fade away if things go bad." Will said.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC:

"That's exactly why you shouldn't be in the attacking force." The technopath said to Spirit bluntly. "Because you have next to no defensive or offensive capacity. All you can do is heal, or fade away if things get risky. Not who I want watching my back when bullets are flying.""To get to the point, this team is too large to operate effectively. Splitting into smaller teams would reduce the issue, but it is not a problem that can be solved so easily. It is only a short term solution."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

(Scott)

"Well, right now, we can use a short term fix. We don't have a whole lot of time, after all." Scott had his helmet back on, and was keeping his eye on the events in Vegas.

War...war never changes.

IC: Jordan, Zack, Demon"Define 'dodge,'" Jordan joked, but he was only met with a serious and cold glare from Zack."While I concur with Alex," the former mercenary said, "I beleive that there are much more coordinated and complex attack patterns we can come up with rather than just splitting into two different groups. Furthermore, we need to be able to identify the enemy, which may be difficult considering the environment we're heading into."He paused and eyed the others in the room through his glasses."This isn't going to be easy. We need to have a plan."Demon transported himself behind Harbinger."Taking innocent lives is never necessary," he hissed, "I'm giving you the option to leave right now, while you still have the chance."His tone was low and deliberate. It was clear that he meant business.

67tlbk.png

IC: "If its recon we're after, send in Ghostbuster," Alec suggested, "He checks things out without anyone seeing him, reports back to us, we devise a strategy."

IC: Francesca gestured that Silver should follow her and started walking back to the mansion, heading for the kitchen. Sarah was welcome to follow along if she wanted

Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Alex

"While I agree that more coordinate plans would be preferable, we hardly have the time. If we were dealing with a group of trained soldiers, we could implement a new strategy easily. But for now, we'll have to make do."

The technopath glanced at Alec. "Yes, recon could be helpful."

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

Enough of this foolery. The Prince of Ravens had glided closer to the scene, still maintaining a safe distance at the top of a building, but now he had better vision of the scene. He handed his noose to a group of birds that came nearby, a flock of ravens. The rope itself was long, very long, enough for many birds to grab hold of it. He spotted one Enforcer, not quite as armored as the rest. His neck was not protected.

With a clenching of his fist, the feathers began to envelope the man in a mad frenzy, depriving him of his sight. The birds swooped down, the noose fitting around the man as he raised his weapon. But it was far too late; the noose was secured, and with a great screech, the raven's tightened it. The unexpected for was enough to knock the man to the ground, madly trying to pull the noose off.

Pure instinct took over and he reached for his knife, cutting himself free. He had fallen, though. The birds came in force now on the hapless man, attacking anything that was exposed. They ripped bits of the uniform off, ripped tiny bits of skin off... he slashed with his knife wildly, killing several birds, but it was too little too late. It all took place in a matter of seconds, but the end result when the flock cleared was a man in a torn uniform, blood running over his body, his soft and half-exposed face eaten in places. He lived, but continued existence would be... painful.

The birds returned to their regular attacks, their numbers beginning to fall as the beam pikes felled more of their numbers. The Prince of Ravens simply sat there, smiling to himself. Whoever could be next?

[Kenneth/New York City]

The sorcerer and sorceress had managed to find the stairs of the building, not entirely sure how to operate the elevators, and made a prompt escape. When they got out onto the dusk streets of New York City, though, they were just as equally confused. Kenneth let out a whimper, not entirely sure if it was just his wolf's eyes or if the world had indeed changed. All around him were vast black roads, cars, people, buildings made of metal and glass... what was this place? Where had he come to?

[sarah/New York City]

Sarah too had found her way out of the building, stumbling out onto the streets and gazing up at the now burning upper levels of the building. What was going on? What was happening? A man bumped into her, turning to yell only to look right at her and seemingly not notice her. She tried talking, only to find no one seemed to particularly care. It was NYC after all.

She turn and ran, not bothering with anyone she knocked over. She ran and ran and ran, hoping that she could somehow just escape this all. She didn't know what this was. She didn't know what was happening. She didn't know anything, now. Maybe it was all just a bad dream.

Maybe it was all just a bad, bad dream.

[Devlen/Iceland]

The limo pulled up to the airport, the doors opening to let Devlen and Saphine out. They walked through the airport in silence, Devlen only speaking after they had gone out onto the tarmac. He held an umbrella over his head, shielding his companion with it too as they walked towards his private jet. "I'll try to get some sleep on the flight," he said. "If it isn't too much trouble, perhaps you could look at the news while I do? There's always something happening in America that's going to annihilate humanity or destroy the planet, I'd like to be up to date in what to worry about while I'm in DC."

[Lucas/Las Vegas]

Lucas continued looking at the TV in the corner, wondering just what exactly could be going on, and how far exactly he could pull himself out of it.

"Is anyone concerned about that?" He asked, pointing at the screen.

OOCFor the record, I'm using this sort of uniform as a basis my ravens just mauled. I received permission from the staff regarding it. The Enforcers may be pretty well funded, but sometimes you have to stick to the basics for your armor on the lesser mooks.

Edited by Dr. Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

OOCCeramic armor (the kind that'd actually stand up in a fight against mutants) is expensive and difficult to manufacture IRL; I imagine that it's similar in the Marvel universe. I don't think it's that unreasonable to assume more standardized armor would be used on a lower ranking member.

Edited by Dr. Alexandra Humva

voidstars.png

IC: Jeffery Pryde - Las Vegas -

'Jess' looked at the TV as Lucas asked her question, she sighed. "Well, considering it's happening in the same city we're currently occupying, yes." 'Jess' turned to look at Lucas. "Could you use your powers to find out just how far away that is from here? It might be good to know."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

The Prince turned, scowling at this newcomer. He could see him easily, a man in a cap. What was his game? He certainly wasn't just some random bystander; those always ran when they saw ravens feasting on the living. No, he was about to do something. What could it be?

[Lucas/Las Vegas]

"I don't think I could. My powers, they don't go very far. I could try possessing a bird, but... I don't know what'd happen if I went past my control radius. Might work, might not, might put me in a comatose state."

voidstars.png