• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

X-Men: Darkest Days

X-Men Mutants Superheroes Marvel Roleplaying

• Please log in to reply
20576 replies to this topic

#16761 Offline Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • BZPRPG Staff and OTC RPG Judge

• 11,647 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 04:47 PM

[color=#008080;]IC:[/color]

[color=#008080;]"Seventeen," I replied. "I just graduated a couple weeks ago--"[/color]

[color=#008080;]Suddenly, my emotions - at least, on the inside; outside, I still looked as cheerful as ever - went on the total fritz, bouncing around in directions I had never even conceived of. Excitement, wonder, a bit of aggression...everything was building up all at once, and all from a singular source that I soon found to be Ashley, sipping frantically at a latte.[/color]

[color=#008080;]Oh, son of a.[/color]

[color=#008080;]"--And now I'm trying stuff out online, you know. I wanted to have some semblance of a break between semesters."[/color]

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando, Jan 31 2013 - 04:50 PM.

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#16762 Offline Eevee

Eevee
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 04:56 PM

IC: Lynae"You know...I can't take this right now." Lynae said, exciting the lab with a frustrated furrowed brow. She walked through the halls until she was outside, taking a deep breath of the cool night air. She leaned against we car, taking a deep breath of release, ecstatic that she was out of that lab of a million terrors.

#16763 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,846 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 05:15 PM

IC: "Novocain's lab is horrible." A voice came from behind Lynae, the speaker walking nearly silently, a tornado of emotions ripping over his face. The worst thing is, some of them look like a mutated me. Nick finally stopped and looked up at the sky, the tornado at once smoothing into a peaceful breeze. All the rage, the trouble with his feral side, all of it seemed to fall away under the stars.

Edited by Jon Snow, Jan 31 2013 - 05:15 PM.

"They're smarter, faster, and stronger than us. Fantastic."

#16764 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 05:19 PM

IC: CorinthiaAfternoonStarbucks; Alameda, CA"Haha, we high schoolers think that way, too." Corinthia giggled. "But how'd you graduate early? I mean, like, at seventeen. I'm stuck in the school system for another year, and if there's a cheat code, I'd like to know it."

#16765 Offline I Am Ultron Six

I Am Ultron Six
  • Members
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 14,671 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 05:21 PM

IC: "What is it?" Francesca asked Silver, curiously, "Play-do?"

IC: "Come on," Anton said in what he sincerely hoped was an encouraging fashion, patting Will on the back, "We'll go take a seat until this whole mess is sorted out."

They'd also have to get one of SHIELD's psychetherapists take a look inside Will's head, but he didn't want to bring that up in case Will took it as a threat and resorted back to attacking things

I am Ultron Six, a cybernetic intelligence created by Doctor Henry Pym. My imperative is to bring peace and order to this world. I am about to fulfil that imperative; for the extinction of humanity…begins now.

the_ultron_imperative.jpg

Soon the earth will no longer be habitable for any biological organism: Man, woman, child, plant, animal, fungus or bacterium. All life will cease to exist. This is not a threat, there is nothing you can do to stop it. The process has already begun. I receive no pleasure in this, it is simply the only solution. There must be peace and order, the end of life on earth will ensure that. Goodbye.

#16766 Offline Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,647 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 05:34 PM

[color=#008080;]"Well, I mean, like...all I did was double up on my classes, take two English classes, two math, two science all in one semester. I was done by my first semester of senior year. It's still early in the new class schedule, you could probably go to your counselor and get it changed up now..."[/color]

[color=#000000;]-Tyler[/color]

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#16767 Offline Eevee

Eevee
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 05:38 PM

IC: LynaeLynae smiled as Nick came up beside her. "I was wondering if you'd follow me or not, guess I got my answer." She turned her attention to the stars and sighed. "When I was little, my father would always watch the stars with me and tell the stories of the constellations." Her eyes became distant as her mind went back to those days of innocence.

#16768 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,846 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 05:58 PM

IC: The shifter nodded. "When I was younger I watched, learned the legends. That's the only time I was really at peace. They speak to me now more than ever." Nick pointed to one constellation, singling it out from the others. "That's the one I'm always able to find, no matter what. Orion."

#16769 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 06:22 PM

IC: CorinthiaAfternoonStarbucks; Alameda, CA"Eeeeep. I don't think I can do that. I have enough on my plate already -- I'm taking Honors English this year. Um, thanks for the tip, though."Corinthia glanced back to her corner to make sure no one was stealing any of her homework. "Actually, I, uh, have some assignments I still need to complete. Like, I come to Starbucks to complete my schoolwork, soooo I should probably get back to that." She paused. "Not like right now, if you still want to talk, but... soonish."

#16770 Offline Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,647 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 06:34 PM

[color=#008080;]"Do whatever you need to do! Please, don't let me keep you, I mean--not like you aren't awesome to talk to, totes the opposite, it's just that...I, uh..."[/color]

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#16771 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 06:43 PM

IC: CorinthiaAfternoonStarbucks; Alameda, CA"No, it's fine!" Corinthia insisted. "I mean... like... it's not that much work, anyway. We can still talk -- I mean, if you want to."

#16772 Offline Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Collapsed

• 4,304 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 06:44 PM

IC:

[color=#4b0082;]"It doesn't look like play-doh," [/color]Sarah murmured to herself, "Steel and living tissue? Sounds like something organic..."

[color=#008000;]At that moment, Warren entered the kitchen, looking about confused.[/color]

[color=#008000;]"Hello? Has anyone seen any batteries lying around?"[/color]

[color=#008080;]Will nodded, starting to feel tired. The burst of adrenaline that he always got from a fight was starting to wear off, and a small part of his face had started to bleed again. It wasn't anything serious, but it was enough to warrant some discomfort. Combine it with the sudden feeling of exhaustion that follows an adrenaline burst...[/color]

[color=#008080;]At the moment, sitting down seemed like a good idea.[/color]

#16773 Offline Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,647 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 06:49 PM

[color=#008080;]"Yeah, totally, I mean--if you need help or anything, or just feel like talking, I mean...I have a huge cookie, if you want a bite or two while you work, uh--I...have a huge cookie."[/color]

[color=#008080;]I waved my frap and chocolate chip masterpiece, which had been sitting on the counter for a couple seconds, around in the air. God, I'm a dork.[/color]

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando, Jan 31 2013 - 06:50 PM.

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#16774 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 07:29 PM

IC: CorinthiaAfternoonStarbucks; Alameda, CA"Thanks," said Corinthia with another smile, "but I, uh, already had one. Sorry?" She drew back a little, her eyes alternating between Dallas's face and the floor. Conversing isn't chess, she told herself, but the hesitation before her next words was still marked. "Um, there's... I mean, uh, I should have some space at my table if you'd like to sit there..."

#16775 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,923 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 07:54 PM

OOC: New profile for approval.

Name: Alistair Martin

Codename:  N/A

Faction: None

Power(S): Alistair has no true powers himself. Though he has power, the source of it is uncertain. He is not a mutant, but he cannot truly be called a sorcerer, either.

Appearance: Alistair is taller than most, appearing to be about six feet tall (In truth, he’s just a tad shorter). He had the build of an athlete, and most of his weight comes from muscle, it is not readily apparent. Most often, he is seen dressed in decidedly casual clothes, ranging from a lightweight pair of jeans to khakis. Depending on the occasion, he will wear anything from a light weight t-shirt to a gray polo. He is seldom seen without his light brown messenger bag slung across his shoulders. Alistair’s face shows all the signs of someone who smiles often, and his blue eyes often glow with a mildly amused light. His hair is a dark brown, kept neat, but not overly so. He speaks with a mild accent, though it becomes more pronounced when he is angry or upset.

Weapons: With his weapons lie Alistair’s power. Just as many myths from the ancient world were true, likewise did many of the objects within them exist. Alistair can draw on the abilities of these mythical weapons, provided they are actually within his possession. At this moment, he possesses only two. The more significant part of his arsenal is Caledfwlch, better known to the modern world as Excalibur. The sword is almost always with him, secured just above his messenger bag, but it is through an unknown means cloaked from the naked eye. On electronic surveillance, it appears merely as a slightly distorted area. But that is not what makes it significant. Excalibur’s power is multifaceted, but all are related. Once drawn, Alistair’s physical attributes are boosted to significantly higher levels, though far below mutant standards. He remains faster than the average human, and his reflexes are swift enough to react to all but the fastest, but his speed and strength is limited. The second is actually an aspect of the scabbard. Whilst Excalibur is drawn, Alistair and anyone he remains in contact with are more durable than usual. Though said durability is far below his mutant contemporaries, it is enough to ensure that wounds that would for most prove fatal are distinctly less severe. The final ability is more based around Excalibur itself, rather than any magical power. Coupled with his enhanced strength, and the blade’s own properties, Excalibur can cleave through materials far tougher than one would expect.The second tool he possesses is Carnwennan, the little known dagger also attributed to the same myths. It allows him to move with greater stealth than would be expected, but this ability cannot be used in conjunction with any other.

Skills: Alistair is highly educated, and as one would expect, well versed in the myths of the world. He has been trained since the age of ten in the use of Excalibur, and even without it, he is a skilled combatant. 

Personality: Alistair is a quiet individual, impeccably polite, and always quick to offer a hand when it’s needed. He has a habit of quoting or referring to literature and mythology, a result of his extensive education. He is rarely seen to be any but cheerful, and anger is not an emotion one would think him capable of upon first meeting. Despite his abilities, he does not seek out conflict. In fact, he avoids it whenever possible. But he has a strict code of morals and honor that he follows, and anyone in breach of moral behavior will quickly find themselves his enemy. 

Weakness: Alistair’s powers come from his weapons, rather than himself. If one were to separate him from them, he would be left little more than the average human. In a similar vein, each weapon possesses its own drawback. Excalibur tires him faster than normal, forcing him to keep fights as short as possible. Carnwennan renders him mute while it is in use.Note, that while Alistair is aware of their existence, and even the location of a few, he does not have access to any other legendary tools at this point. Nor is he able to use more than one of these weapons at a time, no matter how many he possesses. 

Bio: There are countless legends, from all corners of the globe. Some well known, others obscure. Some of them, such as Thor, have proven to be true, even though they exist in a world separate from ours. But unbeknownst to the populace of the world, there are far more truths among them than anyone would ever have suspected.Down through the centuries, only a select few have been aware of these truths. These secrets have been carefully gathered and maintained by these few, ensuring that they are never truly forgotten. But as we grow closer to the modern age, much of the past is forgotten or obscured. To the average citizen, myths are just that. Myths. Stories created by ancient cultures to explain that which they cannot understand. 

The Martin family has long been one of those who know otherwise. Their lineage can be traced back many decades, their roots firmly entrenched in European soil. Alistair himself was born in England, and spent the better part of his formative years there. During that time he often traveled abroad with his family, learning about the various cultures of the world as he grew up. At the age of eleven, his family decided to move to America. For whatever reason, they chose to settle in California, despite the complete differences in climate from their former home. He graduated from highs school early, after spending only a year within the public school system. The rest of his education was conducted at home, the lessons created and delivered by his parents, both of whom were highly educated themselves. The past few months have mostly been filled with independent studies on a variety of subjects, though Alistair has spent significant amounts of time traveling country, visiting various historic locations.

Posted Image

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#16776 Offline Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,647 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 07:54 PM

[color=#008080;]"Yeah, sure, I'd love to," I said, trying to quell Corinthia's nervousness - which was now, thanks to the perks of being an empath, welling up inside me as well, affecting my mannerisms. "Let me just, uh, grab my laptop -- I was in the middle of reading a Pitchfork review."[/color]

[color=#008080;]A dork and a hipster. Wowww, Dallas.[/color]

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#16777 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 08:33 PM

OOC: Somehow I find myself roped in here once more.

My new profile:

[color=#800080;]Name: Dante GiordanoCodename: N/AFaction: N/AGender: MaleAge: 17Appearance: Dante stands relatively tall at about 6’ 4’’, and has a lean figure to go with it. His skin is an olive color, and he has striking amber eyes that seem to glow whenever he uses magic. He has messy black hair that tends to fall down the length of his forehead and obviously hasn’t seen a comb in a while. In terms of clothing, Dante’s are relatively average, sporting jeans, a simple black jacket, sneakers and whatever T-shirt he decides to hastily throw on.Skills: Dante is relatively well versed in many mythologies and folklore due to his researching. Dante also tends to be quite adept at thinking on his feet and problem solving on the goal. When faced with puzzles and riddles, Dante can generally solve them with ease, especially when pressured to do so.Powers: Elemental Contracting: Through a contract Dante made a few years ago, Dante possesses the ability to form contracts with the Four Classical Elements:  Air, Water, Earth, and Fire.[/color]

[color=#800080;]To establish a Contract recites an incantation in which he offers up a part of himself as a sacrifice, and recites the power he wishes for in return. For the weaker powers like the Elemental Enhancements, or minor Elemental Manipulation this sacrifice can be merely losing some blood.[/color]

[color=#800080;]However in the event he wishes to draw upon more power, Dante must make greater sacrifices. These can range from the loss of limbs, to the loss of senses, to even things like the loss of his eye. The more power he which to draw upon the greater the sacrifice. These great sacrifices don’t require him to manually cut like he must with blood and take effect after the contracted power finishes.[/color]

[color=#800080;]For example if he offered up his arm as sacrifice for having the Earth swallow up a few men,  Dante’s arm would vanish only after the Earth had finished burying the men. Afterwards his body would experience the pain of having it cut off, minus the physical scars. Instead there would merely be nothing where the arm once was. These great sacrifices also have no known way to be healed, not with science or magic.For the most part these contracts are used for him to gain traits of an element (i.e. Speed from Wind, Endurance from Earth etc.), or grant him the ability to manipulate the elements. These manipulations however are limited by the amount sacrificed.[/color] 

[color=#800080;]Dante can only have one contract active at a time, and each one requires a fresh new sacrifice. As such if he was using a contract and then formed a new one he'd have to perform a sacrifice again. The only exception to this rule is his original Contract, the one that gave him his ability.Weapons/Equipment:  Dante carries a knife on his person that he uses less as a weapon and more so to merely make the incisions necessary for his Blood sacrifices. Also due to his sacrifices, Dante always has his backpack which holds Bandages to quickly wrap up his wounds, as well as a standard first aid kit.Personality: Dante is always upbeat and optimistic despite what his frequent snarking about his luck may imply, or his normally reserved nature. More defining though is his unshakable optimism when it comes to the human spirit and with it comes a stubborn determination in everything he does. Dante always sees the good in people and while he may cuss you out for being a *****, he will never give up on saving you. It should be noted though that despite his optimism Dante is not naïve, he fully realizes the evils people can and will commit, he just doesn’t buy into the **** that people can be beyond redemption. It just might take a few punches to the jaw. [/color]

[color=#800080;]All this however, generally remains hidden, for on the outside he tends to keep to himself, always appearing to be occupied with something, and he usually is. Once you make a friend of him though, he becomes a steadfast ally who’ll probably be cracking quite a few snarks along the journey. Oh and he enjoys his naps, not so much out of laziness but rather escapism from the cruelties of the world, of course there's no way to tell that from the outside. Especially not with his constant desire and attempts to take one.Biography:  Dante never got to have a tragic past, nor did he receive a past in which he was always the hero, awakening one day with the powers to save the world. And that was precisely the problem. For as long as he can remember Dante always wanted to have powers so that he could be the hero, so that he could save people.[/color]

[color=#800080;]Now most kids give up on this dream rather early on, by the time they enter Middle School, most stop fantasizing about it. That was not the case with Dante; in fact his resolve merely grew after entering Middle School. The fact that few still were serious about wanting to be a super hero gnawed at him, especially because they lived in a world where people could get powers.[/color]

[color=#800080;]Unfortunately for Dante he wasn’t a Mutant, powers never magically appeared for him, nor was he a genius who could just build a powerful suit, or a billionaire who could afford one. No, on all accounts Dante remained average, until an idea struck. Magic.[/color]

[color=#800080;]For a normal person the idea would be absurd, after all little evidence of Magic even existed, Dr. Strange may have been a sorcerer but even still people had their doubts. After all if Magic was easy to learn, why wasn’t the world filled with sorcerers? However for Dante, a world filled with Mutants meant that surely Magic might be possible as well.[/color]

[color=#800080;]Thus he turned to the occult, spending the remainder of his Middle School years, and continuing into his High School years, researching. His grades suffering as a result, the former straight-A student became too apathetic to school, devoting his mind to the pursuit of Magic.[/color]

[color=#800080;]Finally, near the end of his freshman year he stumbled upon his first real lead, an odd incantation in the back of a book that seemed to form some sort of contract. A contract with the elements, reciting the incantation and sacrificing some blood, he established his first and only permanent contract. The contract that granted him the ability to form contracts with the Elements.[/color]

[color=#800080;]However the amount of blood needed for this first contract soon took its toll on Dante and he collapsed, awakening sometime later in a hospital. Unfortunately the book he discovered was nowhere to be found, its other secrets lost to him.[/color]

[color=#800080;]Never one to despair, Dante didn’t dwell too much on the matter, instead he decided to put his new found powers to good use, and began experimenting with them.  On the side he began performing vigilantism as his favorite heroes once did, of course the large number of other occupations he had didn’t give him much practice. As a result his combat abilities still need quite a bit of work.[/color]

[color=#800080;]Recently Dante’s dad got a job in California and thus Dante is transferring to a school in the area. Alameda to be precise, this suits Dante just fine as a while back when he started his researching, he read about a hidden Library in the area. Said library was supposed to contain a treasure trove of items concerning Sorcery and the Magical Arts. Funny how these coincidences just tend to happen.Weaknesses:  Dante is average on pretty much all fields, his magic is the only real perk he has, and it comes with many drawbacks, such as the sacrifices and the other issues specified in the Powers section. Dante also tends to not think things through and his quick thinking can only get him so far. Finally perhaps the biggest weakness he has, is that he just doesn’t have much of an idea when it comes to combat. When fighting a mutant only his brains can get him out of pickles, as many mutants tend to have stronger powers than his Elemental Enhancements provide.[/color] 

Edited by Toa Onarax, Jan 31 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#16778 Online Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo

Zulu Yankee Kilo Echo
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,101 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 08:41 PM

OOC: Alistair approved (1)IC: Shaw, ???Shaw put on his most charming smile and strode up to the front desk of the Enforcer building."Hello," he said, "I'm Sebastian Shaw. I beleive I have an appointment."Unbeknownst to Shaw, a man whose facial features were mostly obscured by a long, billowing cloak watched him. It was funny how he remembered things now; everything was a blurry mess of possibilities in his mind, a broth of chronological discontinuity. But, when one of these possibilities came to be in the current time, his memory of that event became clear. Right now, he "remembered" himself on the SHIELD helicarrier, dashing through the hallways in a blind panic, trying to figure out what was happening. So naive."I have the documents you wanted."The familiar voice brought the disguised figure out of his trance. Without turning, the man new that the other person was trying to offer him the papers."I wanted those papers for your sake, not mine," he replied, "did you read them?""Yes.""Have you learned anything?""My real name.""And what would that be?""Jackson Phillips."OOC: I'll post as Demon later.

Edited by The Zytrix, Jan 31 2013 - 08:42 PM.

brokenmr.jpg

#16779 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 08:44 PM

IC: CorinthiaAfternoonStarbucks; Alameda, CAThe embarrassed inflections of Dallas's tone were no secret to Corinthia. She turned her face away and to the floor to hide her smile as she led Dallas between the customers enjoying their meals and back to her table.Her homework she pulled closer together so Dallas would have enough elbow room when he sat. She took her seat, plunked her textbook onto the table, and grabbed her pencil, twirling it gracefully in her right hand. "I'm doing English right now," she said; "it's not like it's a hassle to talk while looking up vocabulary words or anything... so, uh... yeah."She promptly occupied herself with opening her dictionary again. "Mm... where'd you go to school before you graduated?"

Edited by Legolover-361, Jan 31 2013 - 08:49 PM.

#16780 Offline Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,647 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 08:47 PM

OOC: Alistair and Dante approved.

[color=#008080;]"Well, until a couple years ago, I, uh...I went to school at Lincoln Middle," I replied, popping open my laptop and sliding my Beats around my neck so that the headphones pounded into each other in front of my throat. "Then I went to high school at the East Coast for a while."[/color]

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#16781 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,923 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 09:09 PM

OOC: Dante approved (2).

IC:Mostly unnoticed, a tall teenager carefully slipped into Starbucks, muttering an "Excuse me." to the people exiting the cafe. Maneuvering carefully between two occupied chairs, he moved to the counter. Fortunately, there was no line. He paused a moment, examining the board thoughtfully. 

"I'll take a black coffee, please. And one of those cookies." The words came out slightly accented as they always did, as he reached into his pocket to retrieve his wallet. He had already removed the sale price when the figure was given. Calculating it was easy, as ling as you knew the sales tax of the state you were in. That one had taken him a minute. He'd been in so many states lately it took a moment to remember exactly which figure he needed to use. You're getting slow. Alistair. Work on that.His order filled and payment delivered, he turned once more, walking past the two other teenagers that had just taken their seats. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted vocabulary words he he smiled ever so slightly to himself. It took but a moment to find an empty seat, one near the window. He set his bag on the floor and took a seat, taking a sip of his drink absently."Ah. Good to be home."

Posted Image

#16782 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 09:10 PM

IC: CorinthiaAfternoonStarbucks; Alameda, CAsat-ur-nineadj. 1. of a sluggish, gloomy temperament; 2. dark and brooding.The pencil tapped the paper to form the light imprint of a period and lowered to the side. "What's the east coast like? I've never been there."

#16783 Offline Parks and Rekt

Parks and Rekt
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members

• 11,647 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 09:11 PM

[color=#008080;]"Well, uh...it's no California."[/color]

-Tyler

i'm back boy

for real

i'm that boy

for real

i got hits baby

you just a bat boy

for real

#16784 Offline namcurtsnoC

namcurtsnoC
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,431 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 09:11 PM

OOC: Um, wasn't Shaw at the Chinese Embassy last?

IC: Knower

"Well,| I muttered. "Guess it's back to puling wires." I started following Howard, heading towards the engine room.

Antidermis: 50% pit mutagen, 50% questionable Ga-Koro water. We now know the secrets of Makuta's servants.

#16785 Offline thelonewander

thelonewander
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 29 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 09:13 PM

IC: 

[color=#ff8c00;](Carli)[/color]

With her sword proving useless against the door, Carli went back to pulling wires, following the others to the engine room. 

War...war never changes.

A wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always

Tales of the Wanderer

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

Everything I touch turns to Ashes,

...It slips right though my hands

#16786 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 09:29 PM

[color=#800080;]IC: Dante (Starbucks, Alameda)[/color] [color=#800080;]Once more the doors of the Starbucks opened, the manager was most likely quite pleased with the large turnout in the relatively short time frame. Then again Starbucks was generally packed so it probably didn't make much difference.  The new customer in question was yet another teenager, and this one had the appearance of needing a nice long nap, and yet his clothes looked like he had just woken up. That was Dante for you, a mess of person who never seemed to have much care for keeping up appearances, why? Well, because I need a nap. A nice and long one preferably.Those were the oft-repeated thoughts going through Dante's head as he made his way to the counter, seemingly oblivious to the disapproving glances of a few adults. Upon reaching the line, Dante glanced up at the menu hanging overhead. It's so different from the one back home, well hopefully they have hot cocoa at least. Only the Starbucks in super rich hotels lack them. Then I can enjoy a nice cup and doze off to sleep, well after I finish this stupid research, the library in these parts better be worth the effort it's been taking to find it. I've missed out on way too many afternoon naps. "Welcome to Starbucks sir may I have your order, " Came the disinterested drawl of a part time worker. Right I'm at the front of the line.  "I'll have a large cup of Hot Cocoa please," Hopefully the price won't be too much higher than what it was like back home. Sure enough it was a good 2 dollars higher, just my bloody luck. Handing his money over to the worker, Dante lethargically dragged himself over a counter in the corner of the room, and plopped himself down. Taking a few sips of his Hot Cocoa, Dante pulled out the laptop and large books he had brought with him in his bag. He had work to down, why can't life be more accommodating to naps.[/color]

#16787 Offline Eevee

Eevee
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 09:34 PM

IC: Lynae"Ah the hunter...yes he was always one of my favorites too." She said with a sad smile. "The starts are always so wonderful because they haven't changed...they're one of the constants in my life." Lynae then turned to Nick, the moonlight reflected in her violet eyes and brightening them wonderfully. "You will see how much they seem like old friends as you grow older...might not appreciate them until after your natural life."

#16788 Offline Ninth Krayzikk

Ninth Krayzikk
  • Members
  • BZPRPG Staff

• 11,923 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 09:49 PM

IC:Leaning back in his seat, Alistair set his laptop on the table, alongside a thick, old book. The faded title on the spine read The Epic of Gilgamesh. It was quite old, one of only a handful of translated copies that had been published. Well, that in and of itself wasn't unusual. What was unusual was the specific translation used. Nothing critical, but it was worthwhile to read.Besides. He needed to keep his reading up.Taking another sip of his coffee, he hit the power button, watching as the computer began to boot up. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched a new arrival stagger over to his chair, and pull out a computer. Homework. no doubt.He didn't look like he was in the best state to be doing it, either.

Posted Image

#16789 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,846 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 10:19 PM

IC: Nick smiled, the shifter having no trouble controlling his form. "The stars are the only constant companions I've had. Canada, the US. Everywhere I've been, they've been there." Nick had something on the edge of being said, but he stayed silent.

#16790 Offline Eevee

Eevee
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 10:24 PM

IC: Lynae"It only increases." The vampire said, looking back at the stars. "My tonight is a lovely night." She said with a smile, pushing a strand of hair out of her face.

#16791 Offline Tali Relo

Tali Relo
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,846 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 10:31 PM

IC: Nick nodded, looking at the heavens once more. "Having immortal friends would help, I imagine."

#16792 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 10:41 PM

[color=#800080;]IC: Dante Out of the corner of his eye, Dante noticed one of the other teens pull out a laptop and a large book. Normally that wouldn't seem odd to him, except for the fact that the book was almost as weathered as the books he was using. In fact it looked vaguely familiar too, eh whatever, probably just a random coincidence. Picking up a one of the heavy books, Dante began flipping through it for any information that may prove useful. As he did so the title would have clearly become visible to the teen in the corner. Historia Compendiosa Dynastiarum, a book concerning the Library of Alexandria, but see there's was a trick embedded in this particular copy, which told of a place the books had been shipped too, and from there Dante knew that they had been shipped to the new world sometime in the 1800's, to a library in Alameda, all Dante had to figure out was the location of that library. That and I really need that nap. Sigh, why can't a guy just lean back and take an afternoon nap these days.[/color]

#16793 Offline EmpressYumiwa

EmpressYumiwa
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge

• 9,381 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 11:05 PM

Ooc: I've edited the character profile to reflect recent developments I've made in his backstory. They are relevant to what he is doing in this post.

[Nighttime, Las Vegas]

Ic: Armin Stohl stepped outside the hotel and looked around. Yup. Pandemonium on the streets. The police were there, too, trying to put things in order and fight back against the terrorists and one of the SWAT team members approached Armin as he strode into the defensive array. "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to--"

He was silenced when Armin produced a Department of Homeland Security badge. "I'm off duty but I can offer my help," he said in flawless English.

The copper's face instantly changed. "Yes, of course. Thanks."

Armin walked confidently in his own direction and surveyed the hassle beyond the cops' gun muzzles. Not good. Not good at all. The X-Men would answer this call that the terrorists made and they would come in full force. Armin was powerful but he still had to be reserved. No sense using power he didn't need to display here if he could help it.

It was dark. The lights of Las Vegas still flared but there was no traffic in this area. Night enveloped the city, which meant Armin could call on one of his closest allies to help. All he needed was her readiness. He stepped into an alcove hidden from prying eyes and cameras and took a deliberate breath -- this would have to be as small-scale as he could make it and still work. He still needed his strength for the fight ahead, though if this worked he wouldn't need it all as much. Looking at the black wall in the wall's recess, he concentrated on a specific spot on the world and held his beer bottle...

• • •

[New York City, Hellfire mansion]

Several good yards from Nick and Lynae, a portal opened up with a low hum of energy. A swirling vortex of purple and yellow energy around a black core simply appeared to hover, a hole in space and time itself, a link from one place to another. A beer bottle popped from it and sank into the ground with a muffled plunk. 

• • •

[Vegas]

Armin could do nothing else but wait. He pulled his gun out and wound a silencer on its muzzle, just in case someone did happenchance on his little hideout. And hopefully Lynae came through the tear in space he made, or else he would pop the head off of the person who stepped through.

#16794 Offline Eevee

Eevee
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 11:13 PM

IC: LynaeLynae smiled at Nick, sighing as she watched the stars. "It's so peaceful." She closed her eyes for a moment, taking in the atmosphere. Suddenly she heard a familiar a soft hum coming from a few yards away. She opened her eyes and grinned approaching it. "Armin you sly dog..." She said softly. "Nick...I'll see you later." She said with a playful wink as she stepped through,-Las Vegas-"My my....I thought you had forgotten about me." Lynae smirked as she stepped out of the vortex, hips swaying. "It's been a while..." She remarked, her violet eyes looking over Armin.

#16795 Offline delilah

delilah
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Real Canadian Maple Syrup

• 4,016 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 11:21 PM

[color=#4b0082;]IC:[/color]

[color=#4b0082;]Dallas understood that; what's more, he empathized with it. It was difficult not to, when your secondary power revolved solely around noticing and feeling the emotions of others as though they were your own. Angela's relief was palpable, and he could feel it welling up inside him even now, as the two teens snacked on churros. [/color]

[color=#4b0082;]"It's alright, love. You're home now."[/color]

[color=#000080;]IC[/color]

[color=#000080;]The precog smirked. "Almost. Like you said, we're still in Kansas. I'm not exactly Dorothy, so why don't we get going?"[/color]

[color=#000080;]Their meal finished, the two teens abandoned their empty wrappers and bags and headed back outside to their "borrowed" car. In no time, they were back on the road, dusty fields whipping by faster than the wind.[/color]

heytherecopy_zps41588106.jpg

#16796 Offline Skitty

Skitty
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusion of the Past

• 8,023 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 11:40 PM

[color=#daa520;]IC: Howard  - Helicarrier – [/color]

[color=rgb(178,34,34);]Howard checked the ships reading through his HUD, it seemed all the ship’s weapon systems were either powered down now or otherwise incapacitated.  Good, phase one was completely. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]Now as for phase two, well originally Howard had planned to start shutting down the other systems one by one, but now he had a much faster plan in mind…even if it was slightly more damaging to the ship, he was going to head to the heart of the ship, where the main hard drive was installed, and undoubtedly that was what the sentient virus currently occupied, it was the only way it could affect all the systems simultaneously. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]The entire ship began to shake for a few seconds before stopping, this interrupted Howard’s thoughts. Apparently the virus didn't like being cut off from the ship’s weapons, the Helicarrier also seemed to be moving. “That’s not good…” Howard wordlessly began to fly off toward the center of the ship, the only way to get rid of this virus for now would be to destroy the hard drive.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]“Noel you wouldn't happen to know to to steer this ship manually would you? Cause someone is going to need to…” He said through his suit to Noel’s headpiece as he continued to fly through the halls as fast as he could without smashing himself into part of the ship. [/color]

[color=#008080;]IC: Ashley – Starbucks –[/color]

[color=#008080;]As Dallas and Corinthia continued to talk about school, homework, and the like Ashley was rather focused on her latte, she kept sipping it, and sipping it…though it still tasted the same each time to her apparent surprise. She found herself disappointed when she found the mug almost empty, “Heyyyyyyyyyyyy where’d all my latte go?” She asked out loud to no one in particular, frowning a bit, but she quickly turned that frown upside down, giggling. “Oh yeah I drank it…teehee!”[/color]

[color=#008080;]Ashley drank the last bit of latte up and then placed the mug on the counter with way more energy and enthusiasm then necessary.[/color]

[color=#008080;]She surveyed the Starbucks, wondering what to do now, she had all this energy, so much that she felt like her heart was going to come flying out of her chest, she needed to do something.[/color]

[color=#008080;]Dallas and Corinthia were sitting down doing something relating to homework, though this didn’t interest Ashley at the moment, she was just now noticing that more people had shown up inside the Starbucks, which she found was weird because she hadn't noticed them come in, that darn old latte had been rather distracting.[/color]

[color=#008080;]Her eyes for the moment fell upon a boy who looked roughly her age. Though he was tall, like reallyyyyy tall, he also looked like he hadn’t combed his messy black hair in ages! For shame.[/color]

[color=#008080;]Before she knew what she was doing she was suddenly mere inches from the boy, who was currently reading some really big and heavy book.[/color]

[color=#008080;]When the boy finally put the book down for a moment he’d notice a green haired, ruby eyed girl staring at him with wide and somewhat dilated eyes. He probably also noticed that there were flowers in random places in her hair, and that they seemed very much alive.[/color]

[color=#008080;]“HithereI’mAshley!” She said in rapid fire. “Whatcareading?” Her curiosity was at an all-time high. [/color]

Edited by Snelly, Jan 31 2013 - 11:40 PM.

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

SkittyBanner_zpsddf2094e.png

#16797 Offline Eevee

Eevee
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 11:49 PM

IC: Liberty"You're in luck!" Noel responded as she made her way to the crontrols. She began to press a few buttons, stabilizing the ship for a moment stopping the shaking. She then grabbed the joint stick in order to steer it correctly. "Okay Howard...I got it stabilized right now." She started to move the ship steadily and grinned. "That's it...nice and easy." It was a comfort to know that the great craft was moving again.

#16798 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 31 2013 - 11:51 PM

[color=#800080;]IC: Dante[/color]

[color=#800080;]Groan, Dante groggily looked up from his book to see the person that was so violently yelling in his ear. Atleast that's what it felt like, in reality it was just to fast and high pitched for him when he was sleepy. He really needed that nap.[/color]

[color=#800080;]Taking a closer look at her Dante realized that she seemed about his age, great, the people my age aren't exactly the most interesting people in the world. Also what's with the green hair and flowers, is that some new trend going about or is she some uber hippie. Go green and what not, god I'm tired. Sigh why does this bs always happen to me, can't a guy just finish his research and sleep.[/color]

[color=#800080;]Of course with the high rate of speed she was speaking at, and Dante's drowsiness. Mainly Dante's drowsiness, I really want that nap,  Dante was unable to make out anything she said. To be fair he really didn't think he'd missed much, "I'm sorry, can I help you?" Dante asked, not even bothering to stop the yawn that escaped his mouth. He really was sleepy, he'd ended up pulling an all-nighter last night researching.[/color]

Edited by Toa Onarax, Jan 31 2013 - 11:52 PM.

#16799 Offline Skitty

Skitty
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusion of the Past

• 8,023 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 12:11 AM

[color=#008080;]IC: Ashley – Starbucks –[/color]

[color=#008080;]Oh boy, this guy was realllyyyy sleepy, and he didn't seem to understand a word Ashley was trying to say, she took a deep breath and tried speaking a little slower. "I was just wondering what you were reading, I don't usually see such big and old looking books cause people are always using their computers which I don't really know how to use very well even though I've been trying to figure it out but anyway I'm Ashley." Truth be told she was still speaking faster than what most people would consider normal, but not nearly as fast as before. [/color]

[color=#008080;]"You should try a latte it would probably give you more energy I mean look at me I can't hardly hold myself still I mean I feel like I could run for miles and miles and miles...yeah." Ashley realized she hadn't taken a breath that hole time, and started to breathe heavily.[/color]

[color=#daa520;]IC: Howard  - Helicarrier – [/color]

[color=#b22222;]"Great job Noel! Just stay there and make sure the ship stays on course okay?" Howard said through the communications as he rounded yet another corner where he stopped. There was a large vault like door that was secured and locked in front of him, preventing entry, the security codes more than likely had been changed by the virus, so there was only one solution. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]Howard began to charge up the lasers on his gauntlets, he'd burn through the entire door if he had to, the survival of the Helicarrier likely depended on it. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]Meanwhile, Noel would find the controls beginning to flash various colors, sparks of electricity began to shoot out from the various panels and the joint stick as the virus began to try to reinsert it's control, trying to fry Noel in the process. [/color]

Edited by Snelly, Feb 01 2013 - 12:11 AM.

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

SkittyBanner_zpsddf2094e.png

#16800 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,531 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 12:11 AM

[color=#800080;]IC: Dante[/color]

[color=#800080;]And this girl still had way too much energy, why did my generation have to be comprised of so many oddballs. Sigh and I still want that nap, I can protest for an amendment making naps compulsory right? Oh right off topic, I need to be polite and respond. Dante thought as Ashley zipped through the conversation.[/color]

[color=#800080;]"Uh, hello Ashley, name's Dante, I just moved here. But yeah the book I'm reading," he took a quick glance at the cover and back at Ashley, yeah there's no way she has any idea about. Nor does she probably care, eh whatever. "Ah it's a book about the Library of Alexandria, I'm doing some research," Another yawn escaped Dante's mouth.[/color]

[color=#800080;]Dante did a sleepy chuckle as he registered Ashley's last comment, "Latte's huh, nah I'd just like a nap," the last word being said with a yawn. "Oh and you may want to breath a bit more, not breathing means you'll just fall unconscious, unconscious naps aren't really that great." Dante then turned back to his computer, jotting down something on his hand as he did so. Why did I forget to bring paper.[/color]

Edited by Toa Onarax, Feb 01 2013 - 12:12 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users