• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

X-Men: Darkest Days

X-Men Mutants Superheroes Marvel Roleplaying

• Please log in to reply
20576 replies to this topic

#16801 Offline Princess Anna of Arendelle

Princess Anna of Arendelle
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,676 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 12:23 AM

[color=#008080;]IC: Ashley – Starbucks –[/color]

[color=#008080;]Library of Alexandria? Sounds like something from History class... Ashley thought to herself, at the very least it sounded vaguely familiar, but she couldn't really remember anything about it other than the fact that it was some ancient library. [/color]

[color=#008080;]"Well it's nice to meet you Dante! Sorry if I seem abnormally energetic I'm usually not like this it's just this is my first time having a latte or any sort of coffee and I had no idea it was gonna make me feel so weird ahahahaha..." Ashley remembered to breath again, "Why do I keep forgetting to breathe? It's like something that we do normally so I don't really understand why I'm having so much trouble..." She started breathing again. [/color]

[color=#008080;]If Dante was hoping to be rid of the plant girl he was going to be disappointed as she came around the table and sat down next to him, she was noticeably shaking, "Wow I can't even keep myself still, I mean seriously I'm trying to hold still and I just can't!" She seemed extremely fascinated by this fact. [/color]

[color=#008080;]"So anyway if you're so tired why aren't you sleeping in your bed instead of sitting in a Starbucks reading a book?" She asked.[/color]

Edited by Snelly, Feb 01 2013 - 12:25 AM.

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Novan | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

d8jd4ms7xgv9wdefg.jpg?size_id=5

#16802 Online Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 499 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 02:18 AM

OOC: reply to John with Icitine by chance?

IC: [color=#4b0082;]Darkfang[/color], [color=#daa520;]Triblade[/color][color=#000000;], [/color][color=#ee82ee;]Nicole[/color][color=#000000;] ([/color]Starbucks)

[color=#4b0082;]BAMF. Darkfang suddenly appeared inside the Starbucks, causing several people to spill their coffee. The blue furred mutant glanced around with white eyes as he took in the scenery.[/color]

[color=#daa520;]“Thanks for coming Jeremy,” Matt said. Hr glanced at Ashley, not picking up everything she said in her hyperactive speech but catching enough of it to understand. Now was not the time for Matt to dwell on his failed relationship or what his future held. It was the time for action.[/color]

[color=#daa520;]“Let’s go.” He said. Jeremy nodded and placed a blue three fingered hand on his shoulder; followed by a flash of light. The next instant they were gone.[/color]

[color=#ee82ee;]Nicole watched Matt and Jeremy go with a light frown. She looked around to see Ashley talking with some guy and Dallas with some hipster girl. She sighed and then went and sat with Robin. "I hate being useless." she said. Robin might notice her hands seemed to be glowing a light blue, reflecting her saddened mood.[/color]

brokenmr.jpg

John/Feral | Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick

#16803 Offline EmpressYumiwa

EmpressYumiwa
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Senior OTC RPG Judge & BZPRPG Staff

• 9,375 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 04:51 AM

Ic: Armin had taken a gamble in Las Vegas and it payed off -- now to see if his luck remained stable. Lynae emerged from the portal like a maiden called from the mist. "My my... I thought you had forgotten about me," Lynae said with a smart little smirked as she sashayed out of the vortex. "It's been a while." she remarked, her violet eyes looking over Armin.

The brewmaster closed his will to the portal and let it collapse and heal the wound in space; it faded away into nothing within a second. "You know I would never forget you," he replied with a nod. With one more careful look about the place he unwound the silencer on his gun and slipped the tube away, content that he didn't need to use the weapon yet. "But it has been long, which is something coming from you," he observed. Indeed, a minute to her was the roughly equivalent to a week for Armin. But the girl was a flirt, long since abandoning the principles of marriage carried by her former culture, and now she was about as iron-willed and provocative as modern society had adopted.

Stohl always kept her close, though, for a few reasons. Not only did he (though he'd have to be tortured before h admitted it) enjoy her company, but she was the last bastion of the ancient noble house that posthumously gave his own old family his belongings. The old House Rosewood died with her and House Thornhill rose to take its place, with all the curses inherent in it. And that was part of his tolerance towards the vampire, too: She held information he considered invaluable, information linked to forces beyond his own. But in the end, he would have put her halfway into a portal and dumped her torso in Africa and her legs in New South Wales if it wasn't for a key element: She was not a mutant, not in his eyes, and as a result he did not feel threatened by her.

And that was why he slid her a confident and charming smile as he slid the Beretta into its holster and covered it with his jacket. "I need some extra muscle here. This place is hot already, but it will get even bigger when the X-Men arrive. You up for some action?" he asked.

#16804 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 08:01 AM

IC: "Excuse me, Miss?" An accented voice said quietly, a table or two away from Ashley and Dante. "It's not my business, but try a few deep breaths. Caffeine can increase the heart rate a bit too much, if you're not used to it."

Library of Alexandria? That's hardly a normal subject for the high school curriculum. They wouldn't cover that until college, and maybe not even then. 

Alistair turned slightly in his seat to face the other two teenagers, taking another sip of his beverage.

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber, Feb 01 2013 - 08:02 AM.

gallery_93554_146_615.jpg

Red Skies, an FTL Prequel (Updated 7/13)

#16805 Offline Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,676 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 11:04 AM

[color=#008080;]No one who was watching Ashley was quite sure how it happened, but one minute Ashley was sitting next to Dante and the next she was sitting across the same table as the boy who had just spoken up. [/color]

[color=#008080;]"Really? I'm not like in danger or anything am I? I don't want my heart trying to escape my chest cause I really need it to stay where it is." She said with a somewhat worried tone. "Hi I'm Ashley!" Ashley observed that this boy had much neater hair and didn't look like he was about to collapse from exhaustion. She also noted he had a old looking book as well, Ashley sorta wished she'd brought on of her books on herbology, she bet that she could read it really fast right now. [/color]

[color=#008080;]"You're reading a old looking book too huh that's a crazy coincidence you two aren't like brothers or anything right cause that would be crazy ya'know though I guess it's obvious that you two aren't related cause your hair is much neater than his....oh right! BREATHING!" She started to breath heavily, and in a very animated manner....it was more like hyperventilating truth be told. [/color]

Edited by Snelly, Feb 01 2013 - 11:09 AM.

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Lana |  Rekirar | Taleen | Novan | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka |

#16806 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,833 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 11:22 AM

IC: Robin shrugged, putting his hands behind his head and leaning against the wall. "In my 122 years of life I've never come up with a cure for that."

IC: Robin (Fox) finished eating and stood up, nodding to Giles. "See ya later." She accelerated, tearing out of the food court and on to the streets. The speedster stopped near the Harbinger/Demon fight, leaning against a wall and watching.

Edited by Jon Snow, Feb 01 2013 - 11:30 AM.

"They're smarter, faster, and stronger than us. Fantastic."

#16807 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 02:34 PM

IC: Alistair

"Calm down." Alistair replied, blinking as he turned once more to see who he was talking to. "Deep breath. In, out. In, out. That sort of thing. What you're doing now is more like hyperventilating.""To answer your question, no, you're not in danger. Despite what worried parents across the continent would have you believe, it would take far more caffeine than that to pose a health risk. But still, keeping your heart rate steady is a good idea."

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber, Feb 01 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#16808 Online Queen Elsa of Arendelle

Queen Elsa of Arendelle
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 02:51 PM

IC: Liberty"What the--" Noel began as the sparks started to fly, removing her hands immediately from the controls as one shocked her. She grimaced looking at her hand, adorned now with an electrical burn. "Fantastic." She muttered. "Howard! I need you over here!"IC: LynaeLynae put a hand on her hip, her short black dress creasing under her hand. "You brought me here to work? I thought you were finally taking me on that date you promised." A teasing smile pulled at the corner of her lips as she approached Armin.

#16809 Online Hatty Hattington

Hatty Hattington
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,159 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 03:23 PM

IC: Narration:

The solid golden wall made of light vanished not long after Will agreed to stand down, allowing the Pantheon members to leave.

BZPRPG Characters | Midnight City

Oh why you so sad?
What have they done?
Forget those mindless baboons
They're off playing god
Copycats in cheap suits
All playing it safe
While cannibals with their bad news
Consume the parade

Is it so... Wonderful?

Marvel, Rebirth Characters | FTL

#16810 Offline Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,676 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 03:38 PM

[color=#008080;]"Oh." Ashley started to breathe a bit more normally, of course everything else about her was still hyperactive, she was more jittery than a squirrel. "I've never really had much caffeine before though I'm sure you can tell hahaha...." She giggled somewhat hysterically for a moment and then abruptly stopped. [/color]

[color=#008080;]"So since I'm already over here whatca reading?" [/color]

[color=#daa520;]IC: Howard - Helicarrier -[/color]

[color=#b22222;]Howard had just finished cutting through the bolted door, it fell forward and made a loud thud, he quickly entered the room to find a massive room full of all sorts of equipment, including a large rectangular shaped device that Howard immediately identified as the hard drive. [/color]

"Howard! I need you over here!" her heard Noel say over the channel. 

[color=#b22222;]"What's happened?" Howard replied, still heading toward the hard drive, he needed to destroy it quickly. [/color]

#16811 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 03:48 PM

IC: Alistair"Hmm? Oh, this. The Epic of Gilgamesh. I've read it before, but this one's a bit different. Slightly older translation." And by slightly, a I mean a few hundred years older. "Old legends are something of a hobby of mine."

#16812 Online Queen Elsa of Arendelle

Queen Elsa of Arendelle
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 03:48 PM

IC: Liberty"The virus has started to make the the controls emit sparks and I can't touch it without...well without being shocked. I need know what to do." Her voice was calm but if Howard would have seen her face, it would have been apparent that she was starting to get worried.

#16813 Offline Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,676 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 03:56 PM

[color=#008080;]Ashley admittedly had no idea what the The Epic of Gigamesh was about, but it sounded old and mysterious. "Old legends huh? What about?" Old legends sounded interesting and Ashley's hyperactive mind needed something to keep her occupied. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]"I'm about to destroy the hard drive now...hopefully that will restore control of the ship, just hang on a little lon-" Howard made a surprised yelp as something slammed into him and knocked him away from the hard drive. There was some sort of force field protecting it. Howard got up and fired several repulsor blasts....no effect. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]At the same time, the ship began to violently shake again as it began to descend toward the ground, Noel would notice the autopilot had been restored.  [/color]

#16814 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 03:57 PM

OOCHooray for more characters.

Name: Luz ParkerCodename: None.Age: 200~Gender: FemaleFaction: Independent Malicious Peep.Power(S): Luz possesses the classical traits of a Thunderbird. Besides being an extremely big and extremely strong bird, there's the supernatural charasistics of her powers.

• By simply flying through the air she can summon storms and, unlike her other powers, this is out of her control. While she can safely navigate stormy winds, she cannot control actually bringing them.
  • She can rain down lightning in a manner of different ways, either via directly shooting it from her eyes or simply willing it to rain down somewhere.
  • When in her bird firm she is much tougher than one might expect a bird to be; her hollow bones don't break nearly as easily, and she can take a more standard beating one would expect out of a bird.
  • Last but certainly not least, she can shapeshift into human form. When this happens her power is put into a cloak made of feathers; with this cloak she can turn back, but if she is removed of her cloak, she cannot regain her power. In human form she is simply another mortal that doesn't age nearly as quickly.

Appearance: As a bird she is an absolutely massive bird, standing at an impressive six feet tall with a wingspan of twenty five feet. Her feathers are a mix of grey and white with the occasional vibrant streak of gold; in sunlight they shimmer, but with stormy weather they actually grant her camouflage. As a human she stands at 5'9" with long, back length gray hair but the appearance of a fit thirty year old woman.Weapons:  Being a bird she relies mainly relies on her talons and beak to rip people's heads off, but as a human she can and primarily uses her environment to her advantage rather than carry any true weaponry.Skills:  Over the years as a human she has become extremely well versed in the areas of electrical engineering as well as, oddly enough for her species, sociology and psychology. As well she's taken a plethora of self defense courses to make up for her mortal form's weaknesses.Personality:  Temperamental would be an understatement. While years of living amongst humanity has softened her once legendary edge, she is still prone to snap out at people at the slightest of provocations, is exceptionally snarky when she feels like it, and is basically rather foul in bad circumstances. What she defines as 'bad circumstances', though, is the true question.Weakness:  While she's really quite nasty in her thunderbird form and is difficult to take out, in her human form she's exceedingly weak. If you separate her from her cloak, she's easy prey.Bio:  Luz's early life is a blur to her. She remembers the endless cycles of hunting and migration, going from mountain top to mountain top to bring rain to new places. After living in the wild for several decades though, she finally came across civilization; a small tribe, who were suffering from drought. Her mere presence caused the heavens to open up, and the people worshiped her. She would stay with them, resting on the mountain top, being brought sacrifices and offerings. It was a fine deal for her, and she would remain for years, watching over that tribe.

It was when they began sending their trouble makers to her that her curiosity for humanity began. A murder was sent to her cavern, to do with what she would. Rather than eat him alive and be done with it though, she learned from him. It took only a month before she could speak fluently in their language, as bestial as it might of sounded coming from her throat. She left the village shortly afterwards, flying off to her ancestral homeland to see what her people had recorded about humanity. While hardly the unified type, the thunderbirds did keep limited records, and with them she discovered one of the greatest powers the thunderbird had; the ability to take human form, to live amongst them as one.

She went back to the village with this knowledge, attempting to integrate into their society to sate her curiosity. It worked for a few years, but the strain of human life began to settle into her. After an incident trading with another tribe she took her true form, raving the whole foreign village and leaving that life behind. She would continue to prowl the world for many decades more, occasionally assuming human form but never for long. She found life as a human disgusting, too frail and too hard.

The turning point in her life would be when the United States expanded to her lands. Settlers came and with them the ability to kill her. After she razed one settlement hunters came in the droves, seeking to hunt her down. The hunt forced her to undertake a dangerous ritual, one to allow her to sleep for a hundred years. So, in a small cave far from human eyes, she slept.

When she awoke the world had changed. She found herself in a modern society with buildings and technology far beyond her imagination. It would be the better part of a decade before she caught up, but catch up she did. She was forced to assume human form for the vast majority of time, and in this dangerous new time, she knew she couldn't afford another incident. So she controlled and restrained herself, putting her mind towards her studies. She learned much in the decades to come and continues to, though she constantly changes her identity to avoid suspicion for her lack of aging.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#16815 Offline Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,676 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 04:03 PM

OOC: I give my approves (1)

#16816 Online Queen Elsa of Arendelle

Queen Elsa of Arendelle
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 04:03 PM

IC: Liberty"Howard?!" She cried out as she heard him yelp. A thousand thoughts were racing through her mind as no response came from the other end. Suddenly Noel grabbed the controls, ignoring her burn, and stabilizing the ship once more. " Howard answer me!" She pleaded softly, wanting to leave her position to go to him.

#16817 Offline Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,676 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 04:12 PM

[color=#b22222;]"I'm fine..." He said after continued to attack the shield in frustration, but there's a force field blocking my way to the hard drive...this might take a little longer than I thought." He had an idea on how to get past it, though he neglected to mention it. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]Noel found the controls were not responding, the virus had disabled them completely, if something wasn't done soon the Helicarrier would crash. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]Howard wordlessly began to charge the unibeam to fire, his scans of the force field indicated it would take most of his suit's power to penetrate the force field, though firing that much energy from his suit all at once could easily cause both himself and the suit permanent damage. Still, if he didn't the Helicarrier would undoubtedly crash and people would die, he couldn't allow that. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]"Noel I just want you to know I love you...just in case something happens, you know. Not that it is or anything, I got this..." [/color]

#16818 Online Queen Elsa of Arendelle

Queen Elsa of Arendelle
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 04:26 PM

IC: Liberty"Thank god." Noel breathed as she heard Howard's voice. She tried to turn the ship, expecting it to obediently follow her command. Noel grabbed the controls, trying to force them into submission. She opened her mouth to tell Howard but decided against it, he had enough on "Noel I just want you to know I love you...just in case something happens, you know. Not that it is or anything, I got this..." "Howard..." Her voice was strained as worry filled her heart. "I love you too." She said as she tried to get the controls working. "You better come back to me...or I'll bring you back and kill you myself."

Edited by Rawrmouse, Feb 01 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#16819 Offline Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,676 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 04:45 PM

[color=#b22222;]"Well I guess I don't have a choice then." He managed to joke, the on the inside he wasn't laughing. ​This is probably gonna hurt.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]And then he fired, the force of the blast sent him flying backwards and into the wall behind him as the unibeam fired every last bit of energy it could at once, at first the it stopped right where the force field met the blast, lights flickering and various systems shutting down as the virus tried to draw as much power as it could from the ship to power the field. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]Finally, just as Howard thought the wall behind him was gonna give away, the beam went through as the shield began to fail, cutting clean through the hard drive and going through several walls before Howard was able to shut down the unibeam.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]Noel would find the ship still falling, but the controls were no longer disabled, she could still pull the ship back up into the sky if she was quick enough, but it was gonna be close it was starting to pick up speed as it descended toward the ocean below it. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]"Did it." Howard said weakly, still pressed against the wall, he slowly pulled himself free from the dented wall before collapsing onto the floor, his suit was heavily damaged and partly melted in the center, and there was no telling what the person on the inside looked like. [/color]

Edited by Snelly, Feb 01 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#16820 Online Queen Elsa of Arendelle

Queen Elsa of Arendelle
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 6 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 04:58 PM

IC: LibertyIn a last desperate attempt, Noel grabbed the controls, thrusting them upward. For a moment the ship kept falling, getting closer to the ground before it surged upward. Noel kept pushing the ship higher until it was at a safe height and stabilized. She took a deep breath of relief.She suddenly heard Howard's voice in her ear, yet her worries were not calmed. "You!" She pointed to an agent, before setting up the autopilot once more. "Watch this and call me if anything goes wrong. She took off toward Howard's location.She gasped as she reached the room in such a state of destruction, coughing a little from the smoke. "Howard?!" She called, entering the room warily. Suddenly she saw him, rushing to his side. "Howard!?" She cried, tears of worry running down her face. She bent over him, her tears splashing on the suit. "Don't leave me...I love you so much..."

#16821 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 05:32 PM

IC: NPC

The guitar changed shape, turning into a machine gun. The man stepped out of the shadows, his face revealed.

Any Robbing the Foxes fan would instantly recognize him.

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]IC [Prince of Ravens/New York City][/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]The Prince didn't recognize the man, but he certainly knew guitars changing into machine guns weren't a good sign. Hissing he sent a small pack of groups to investigate him, seeing what he'd do to the five of them. He needed to know what the man's intentions were today.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]While all of these was happening the birds were harassing Pantheon and his team, with feathers continuing to churn in the air and cause problems with the whole eyesight thing.[/font]

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

#16822 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 06:09 PM

IC: "Good question." Absently, he slowly closed the lid of his laptop and took another sip of his drink. "Every culture has legends. Everyone knows the common ones, like Greek mythology, or Roman mythology. And as dictated by the presence of Thor himself on this plane of existence seventeen years ago, many people know Norse mythology as well.""Less well known are the legends from Asia, or even some of the European nations." The teenager reached into his bag, pulling out another book. This one was smaller than the first, but it was quite clear that it was an oft-used volume. "Take, for example, my favorite legend. King Arthur. Everyone knows the Disney version. Servant kid meets a wizard, goes on some adventures, learns pride and eventually pulls Excalibur from the stone, becoming king.""Well, the original didn't quite work that way. For one thing, it's widely disputed whether or not the sword pulled from the stone was actually Excalibur. Most believe that it wasn't, and that Excalibur was actually bestowed upon Arthur by the Lady in the Lake.""And what the Disney version fails to mention, is that Arthur was in fact killed later in his life by the sword Clarent, often referred to as the "Coward's Blade". And some versions of the legends hold that Excalibur was returned to the Lady in the Lake at Arthur's dying request."Alistair cleared his throught quietly. "I went on a rant again, didn't I?"OOC: Luz approved

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber, Feb 01 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#16823 Online Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,208 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 06:54 PM

OOC I'll finish these later; I gottago out.And if I end up having two many characters, could you delete Rage? I seriously can't think of a use for him. Name: Doug RichardsonCodename: Yo-Yo ManAge: 18Gender: MaleFaction: NonePower: NoneAppearance: Doug has a very British look, with blond hair, blue eyes, and a clean-shaven face. He is of a slender build, almost scrawny; this is accentuated by the fact that he stands at about 6'4".Weapons: Two enchanted yo-yos. Both the strings and the tops are indestructible. In addition, the possess infinite kinetic energy; they will not stop spinning until Doug wills them to return to his hand. This means that no matter what he hits then against, they won't stop "sleeping". One of the yo-yos is imperial shaped while the other is butterfly shaped.Skills: Doug is very good at yo-yoing. He has also been on the honor role for every year of school.Personality: Doug loves to party. Every Friday night, he and his friends (usually Allistair) will decorate the house, buy a lot of drinks, and keep the whole neighborhood up with their loud music. Despite this, Doug manages to still cone across as the "good boy": staying out of trouble, getting good grades, and overall being the nicest person you'll ever meet. He is a heavy mutant sympathizer and always treat a person with respect, no matter what they are.Weakness: Doug has no powers whatsoever. As well; he isn't that strong or that fast physically.Bio: (How and when did your character come to Xaviers School for the Gifted Youngsters? When did they join the X-Men or the Brotherhood etc)Name: Allistair LindsayCodename: The Would-Be Earl of CrawfordAge: 293 (appears to be in his late teens to early twenties)Gender: MaleFaction: NonePower(S): Appearance: (What your character looks like)Weapons: (Be realistic, X-Men wont use these, most Brotherhood wont either, Weapon-X members and Enforcers can have them)Skills: (Things your character is good at.)Personality: (Your characters personality)Weakness: (Every-one should have one)Bio: (How and when did your character come to Xaviers School for the Gifted Youngsters? When did they join the X-Men or the Brotherhood etc)

#16824 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 06:59 PM

OOC: CM, I'm going to have to ask you not to post profiles until they're actually ready for approval. It just clutters up the topic without purpose.On another note, the name "Alistair" is already taken.

#16825 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,030 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 07:35 PM

Name: ENKIDU

Codename: Wild Man of Uruk

Faction: N/A

Power(s): Immense strength and durability

Appearance: An artificial being created by a secret sect of scientists, ENKIDU is of a somewhat androgynous appearance, something accentuated by the rather large fur robe that covers his entire body. He has no hair whatsoever, revealing to all his shining bald head. His grey eyes are incredibly dull, another sign of his abnormal status as a homunculus. However, it can be assumed that he is rather muscular.

Weapons: N/A

Skills: Fighting

Personality: ENKIDU is a blank slate, created merely to fulfil the wishes of those who ordered for his genesis. He is ignorant of human customs and the like, running on a fight or flight instinct. Yet he is incredibly loyal to his creators, and will do all in his power to make sure that their goals are complete, no matter what happens to him.

Biography: A long time ago, there had been an attempt to create artificial life and test the boundaries of human science. They succeeded, and even moved onto artificial humans. Yet ... this is not their story. They were instead destroyed by people with high positions of authority, and their research scattered to the winds, never to be discovered or used again.

If only it had been so easy.

A certain sect had discovered remnants of the research, and began their own attempt at creating artificial life. In secret, they cobbled together what they could to make a being who would listen to their every whim and defeat all their enemies. Their first attempt however, failed, but a second try brought them ENKIDU, named after the man formed from clay and saliva in the Epic of Gilgamesh.

From the beginning of his short life, he was raised to follow the orders of his creators, and to do all in his power to protect them. He was their ultimate weapon, and still is today, fighting to further their goals.

gallery_107889_133_3220.jpg

#16826 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,423 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 07:36 PM

[color=#ff8c00;][font="georgia, serif;"]IC-Morrison:[/color][/font]

[color=#ff8c00;][font="georgia, serif;"]"But Arthur isn't explicitly dead, though," Morrison said, having left the building earlier, and having returned in human form. "If there's something I haven't seen in the Disney version of the story, that's the fact that, when he was so very nearly killed, he was kept in something akin to stasis, for lack of a better word; and that he will be awoken in England's most dire hour."[/color][/font]

#16827 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 07:49 PM

IC: 

Alistair's head turned to look at the new arrival, his face breaking into a reserved grin. "Ah, another person versed in Arthurian legend. Yes, you're right. Many versions of the legend hold that Arthur wasn't killed, but rather, mortally wounded. And before he died, he was placed in a form of stasis.""Though I must say," He commented, with a slight shrug of his shoulders. "If nothing has yet caused him to return, I sincerely doubt the veracity of these legends. Particularly that variation."

#16828 Offline Hubert

Hubert
  • Members
  • FFM The Order Winner

• 3,530 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 07:52 PM

[color=#800080;]IC: Dante Just my luck. In the course of merely a few minutes things had gone from annoying to ridiculous. For one thing a mutant had suddenly appeared in the cafeteria and then disappeared, taking someone else with him. Judging by the looks that guy and his companion had given Ashley, and her own peculiar traits, I'd say it's safe at this point to assume she's a mutant as well, or at least she had connections with them. Now, Dante didn't have anything wrong with Mutants, it was just that where there were Mutants, it meant a ruckus was probably gonna start up. Dante wasn't really in the mood for a ruckus, the last time I ran into a Mutant the cuts on my wrist took a whole month to heal, and I'm pretty sure there's still some tufts of my hair in that garbage compacter. My sleep cycle was messed up for quite some time. Of course the mutant wasn't the only odd thing to happen, nope the teen reading the book, well he seemed rather well versed in Legends as well. Not to mention they edition he was reading, Dante had picked up the copy himself once or twice. There wasn't to much magic in their, but he did believe that Enkidu may have been the work of an alchemist, or a conjurer. Then the teen went into a lecture on Arthurian Lore and was soon joined by another being, a Japanese man by the looks of it. Things just keep getting odder and odder. The teen did possess a decent amount of information, Dante could tell having been interested in the adventures of Merlin himself. C*** he has me thinking in tangents, and atleast he has the girl distracted. Yeah I'm just gonna go get some shut eye, I can finish researching at home. I need my nap. Dante resolved to himself, he really could use the rest. Silently grabbing his things and packing them in his backpack, Dante started to leave when he realized something. The internet hadn't been set up in his new home yet, groaning he continued none the less to make his way to the exit, hopefully unnoticed, looks like I'm just reading tonight. D*** my luck.[/color]

Edited by Toa Onarax, Feb 01 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#16829 Offline The Otter

The Otter
  • Members
  • Voya Nui Discovered

• 12,423 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 08:36 PM

[color=#ff8c00;]IC-Morrison:[/color]

[color=#ff8c00;]"Crazy English," Morrison replied, shrugging. "I shall stick to the legends of my homeland...including being a bit of a living legend, if I may say so myself."[/color]

#16830 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 08:40 PM

IC: 

"Ah, I must not be familiar with those particular legends, then." The Englishman replied, an amused smile on his face. "I must admit, however, that I prefer European mythology. Easier to separate the truth from the legend."

#16831 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,030 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 08:46 PM

IC: Mikhail - New York City

Mikhail continued watching a tree in Central Park.

OOC: Open for interaction~

#16832 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,833 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 08:48 PM

IC: A second person slipped through the portal as it closed. He dashed past Lynae, uppercutting empty air with a lupine arm. Or so it appeared. A black garbed female went flying backwards, disappearing midair. Seemingly satisfied, Nick glanced around, his eyes reverting from slitted green to their normal blue. "Sorry if this is private, just thought you wouldn't mind not being stabbed in the back."

#16833 Offline Simon the Digger

Simon the Digger
  • Members
  • Floating Support

• 11,571 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 08:50 PM

OOC: Enkidu seems fine, Hubert.

#16834 Offline Engineer Alexandra Humva

Engineer Alexandra Humva
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • OTC RPG Judge

• 2,681 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 09:40 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]IC [Luz/Alameda][/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]With the amount of supernatural in the building, it was a wonder that no one was gasping for breath. The doors to the strangely magnetic Starbucks opened to let in a woman of modest height, who held herself not so much with authority as she did with pride. Pride and a self of being higher than anyone else in the room. With her was a cloak made of shimming feathers, though they dimmed as she took it off and folded it over her arm. The skies above had begun to darken, not substantially, but more clouds seemed to be dotting it. The wind took a little skip with every step the woman took, her cloak quivering slightly, seemingly in sync with the breezes that cruised past outside.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]She walked to the counter, waiting through a momentary line then ordering a small shake. She disliked hot coffee, but their shakes were to die for. Heading across the busy room she settled on a lonely chair, glancing around at the occupants. There was something to the air in here, something that made her skin want to crawl. She didn't like that feeling.[/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"]All the same she sipped her shake, observing each person, trying to riddle out who or what was causing her to be on edge.[/font]

voidstars.png

#16835 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,030 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 09:50 PM

IC: Zhu Xuan - Starbucks, Alameda

Another person soon entered the rather busy coffee shop - a certain Zhu Xuan in fact: a mutant who had recently decided to hijack the daily news in an attempt to challenge Captain America to an honourable duel. He had given up on the duel for the time being, as it seemed that his self-declared rival had not shown up, so decided to get something to drink instead.

"Comrade!" he said cheerfully when he reached the counter. "I would like a coffee!"

He was still, however, in his large ham mode.

#16836 Online Flex Till Death

Flex Till Death
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 499 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 09:57 PM

OOC: You have 8 now, this will be 10 Constructman. 11 if The Bear gets accepted. Which would put you over the cap.

IC: [color=#ee82ee;]Nicole[/color] (San Fran, Starbucks)

[color=#ee82ee;]“122?” she said surprised. “Wow you don’t look that old,” she smiled at him. “Being part vampire must be nice.” She said as she sipped her latte. She glanced around seeing all these new and slightly strange people inside the Starbucks.[/color]

[color=#ee82ee;]“Was there like a convention that just got out around here?” she asked. It seemed most of the normal customers were gone, replaced by people who seemed, well different. People like her.[/color]

IC: [color=#b22222;]Stranger [/color](Hellicarrier)

[color=#b22222;]“Ah heII,” Ares said as he felt the Hellicarrier shake and then fall through the air as people were lifted off the floor. He activated his levitation allowing him to float in the air instead of smash into the roof like others. Then the ship surged upwards. Ares saw things fall back down to the floor.[/color]

[color=#b22222;]“Well this is exciting.” He grinned. “Good job on piloting the ship, and good job with the reactor.” Ares said to Noel and Howard over the com.[/color]

brokenmr.jpg

John/Feral | Kane/Scorcher | Christine/Mimic | Nicole/Barbie | Jennifer | Terrance/Nightstalker | U! John/Wolf Maverick

#16837 Offline Infamous Ironic Iguana

Infamous Ironic Iguana
  • Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,833 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 10:10 PM

IC: Robin nodded. "I've looked like this since I was 18." The dhampir had been watching the door for quite some time. "Not normal people."

#16838 Online Last Son Amakusa

Last Son Amakusa
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,208 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 10:16 PM

OOc that's why I asked to have Rage deleted if all three get accepted.IC ForeshadowFinally out of his suit to evade the cops, Prter maneuvered his way through the alleyways, trying to find a sneaky way out. Finally getting out intothe streets, he found himself in Central Park. His conscience was nagging him about leaving he fight but hey, he needed a break. He startedto walk Ito the park.OOc Hubert, interaction?

#16839 Offline Onarax

Onarax
  • Members
  • Mata Nui Resurrected

• 18,030 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 10:25 PM

OOC: Sure.

IC: Mikhail - Central Park

Mikhail leaned back into the bench tiredly.

#16840 Offline Princess Anna of Arendelle

• Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Morbuzakh Takes Root

• 7,676 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 01 2013 - 10:26 PM

[color=#daa520;]IC: Howard – Helicarrier –[/color]

[color=#b22222;]Howard lay deadly still, which only raised Noel’s fears. She managed to pry the helmet off and checked his breathing, she found a breath, but only barely.  [/color]

[color=#b22222;]The arc reactor on his chest flickered a bit, it seemed for the moment to be drained of energy, though it began to glow brightly for a moment as the suit automatically began to dematerialize and get absorbed into the reactor, leaving Howard in just his casual clothing. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]After a moment or two Howard sputtered a bit and gasped for breath, his eyes shooting open to see Noel sitting over him. Apparently he just had the wind knocked out of him. [/color]

[color=#b22222;]“Noel…” He said, still breathing heavily. “Did…did it work?”[/color]

OOC: Ashley post coming in a minute...

Edited by Snelly, Feb 01 2013 - 10:27 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users