IC:

"It could be worse," Sarah offered, "I'm not from this dimension. Neither is Christopher. We came here after (another) alien race tried to kill humanity. We're stuck here, partially because Christopher didn't want to stay as the X-Men's personal chew toy, partially because he stayed behind to make me a new body."

"Need help," Chris said, finding himself tied into a seat, upside-down, and the side of his head was bleeding, but he didn't feel it. It felt more like numb than anything else. He didn't think he'd cut his head open. Everything had happened way to fast for him, and the end result was another reason why he didn't like to fly.

Christopher didn't reply. His vision blurred as he collected himself from falling onto part of the blackbird that was mostly solid. He had enough sense to shift into something more durable to avoid turning into a pancake. As he got up, he realized he hadn't been paying attention to what he was at the moment. In the moments he hadn't been conscious, he'd been shifting into a variety of forms. Anything his subconscious had been able to come up with, to be more exact.

Get a hang on it... This has only happened... Once before?

Christopher focused, before shifting into a form that reflected his surroundings. Effectivly invisible as he stood up to look around, surveying the damage.

"I'm alive."

IC: Icitine"I...I don't know." She said her head throbbing. "Maybe of you could get me out of here..."IC: LibertyShe grinned and playfully nipped his lip. "No." Noel replied teasingly, her hands rubbing his shoulder. "When you feel better, I promise."

IC: NPC: Guppie The giant stone man was put into a state of shock before he suddenly fell forward asleep. IC: Nicole "Really?" Nicole said softly her bright blue eyes almost glowing with energy. That was one of the nicest things a guy had ever said to her. Forgetting that she was in the same coffee shop as Dallas, Nicole leaned in and kissed Robin. She blushed after, "I... Uh, sorry." IC: NPC Novocain"Excellent timing Ben," Novocain said. "I'm ready, take me to Vegas."IC: FeralJohn couldn't tell if Liliana was hurt or not. He jumped into the air and stabbed his claws into the metal flooring next to Lilana, which left him hangin next to her. "I got you," he said as he carefully used his other claws to cut through her seatbelt. He then quickly pulled them in and caught her with one hand before pulling her into his chest. He then twisted his claws in the floor effectively making them slide out as they both fell down to the roof below lightly. John searched Liliana for injuries as his began to heal.IC: Mimic"He hit his head ah think," she said. "I touched him and this happened." She said motioning to her skin. She looked up to see her brother hanging upside down. "Chris!" She yelled. Before she knew it she as vanished in a flash of light, appearing next to Chris. She grabbed his seat to hang on, before unbuckling it an grabbing him. BAMF. They both vanished and appeared on the roof safely a moment later. "Chris your head is bleeding."IC: DarkfangJeremy's eyes snapped open and he sat up. "Uhhh what happened?" He said as he held his head.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC: Jeffery Pryde - Las Vegas -

Jeff stood beside the downed giant looking rather unimpressed. "Is this the best you can do? Seriously?" Jeff said, looking at Harbinger and his men. "I have to say I'm rather disappointed, that was way too easy."

IC: Nathan - Las Vegas -

"Woah there, breath before you pass out." I said, laughing as Jesika continued to hug me. "I'm fine, really. I can fly remember? Getting sucked out a plane? No big deal." I said calmly.

Though deep down inside I was starting to really dread this whole mission. I had been fine, ready for anything, until I found out that Jesika had stowed away. Now my only concern seemed to be making sure she stayed safe. I looked at Alex, who wasn't far off. "I think I might have to stay behind with Jesika."

IC: Howard - Stark Tower -

"I can see who's gonna win all the future arguments we're probably gonna have..." Howard said, smirking before closing his eyes for just a sec, he was getting tired.

Though before Noel even replied, Howard began to snore, it seemed the combination of the days events, the meds, and the alcohol had taken Howard out for the night.

Of course for Noel, well, she was still quite awake, at least awake enough to notice the lighting beginning to flicker, which was odd to say the least, Stark Tower never had electrical problems, not when it was powered by it's own arc reactor.

"Sir there seems to be irregular fluctuations coming from the reactor...." A rather static sounding JARVIS reported, "It appears to be coming from an outside force...locating no-" JARVIS was cut off completely as the lights went completely out. If Noel was to look out of the window she'd notice all the buildings surrounding Stark Tower were out as well. Noel checked her phone, only to find it wasn't working either. It was as if some sort of EMP had gone off.

Howard was still quite asleep, and considering the medication it was unlikely Noel would be able to awake him, she was on her own.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Nicole (Starbucks)Nicole smiled after Robin kissed her, "Not bad, for a half vampire." IC: NPC GuppieLittle did Jeff know however that Guppie had simply feigned falling unconscious his massive stone hand now darted out as he tried to grab Jeff's leg and give it a good squeeze. At that same time about five assassins had turned towards Jeff as all fires that weapons at him; sending a barrage of bullets at him.IC: Mimic "No you go and fight ah can watch her," Christine told Nathan. "Actually me or Darkfang could take her back to the mansion." She offered.IC: NPC CoTCThe Children approached the Blackbird their weapons ready as their eyes searched the night using their night-vision goggles. They saw a figure standing outside the Blackbird and they all aimed their weapon at him and fired, sending about six streams of rapid fire bullets towards his position.

IC: Liberty"Howard?" Noel said, trying for a few moments to wake him up. She tried to gently shake him but, no matter what she tried, he wouldn't stir. "Great."She muttered. She slid out of the bed, touching the wall to guide herself as she made her way around the apartment. "There must be a circuit breaker somewhere.." Noel didn't think she could do anything with that, seeing that her phone wasn't even working, but she had to give it a shot.

Edited by Rawrmouse

IC:Alex didn't move, even as gunshots rang out, and bullets flew toward him.A foot away, they all stopped, slamming into an invisible wall and flattening, dropping to the ground with a slight clink. Six shooters. Rapidfire weapons, quite possibly assault rifles. based on electrical signatures and careful aim, infrared goggles are a certainty. One there, one there, one there, one there, one there, one there. He thought to himself, tracking with his eyes. Bright light would blind them, at least for a moment. That time can be used to take them out."Jared. I need a light flare, bright as you can sustain. Everyone else, shooters from six angles. Attack when they're blinded."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Rebekah Fell's dorm, as always, was empty; the girl had totally and completely ostracized herself from everyone except the Carlisle bloodline (its youngest member, in particular) and seemed to have no problems with it. Even now, the lonely strumming of an acoustic guitar, steel strings echoing, lonely, throughout the room, could be plainly heard from the hallway.

Well, that wouldn't do.

"Rebekah, it's Warren," Angel called out, voice lilting, as he commenced slamming his knee into the door. "I've got a surprise for you. Open up?"

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Fauna

"I hope that I didn't puke on anyone by accident." Fauna thought as she gradually came to. She had never even liked free falls in roller coasters , much less in a crashing plane. She unbuckled her seat belt without thinking and landed on her head. "C***!" Fauna started swear under her breath. "Just nicks and scratches, unlike last time you tried to help with something like this." Just the memory of that was painful to her.

IC:

"Well, funny story. I bumped into a guy from Papa John's who was carrying six pizzas - five cheese, one black olive - as well as breadsticks and cinnamon sticks with corresponding dips and a couple sodas. After tense negotiation, a carjacking, money changing hands, and a rap battle, he handed over every ounce of food, and then I realized I had no one to share it with. Care to gain some poundage with me?"

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:".." The former Weapons eyes flicked to the food, and a faint growl was heard. Her face reddening ever so slightly, she opened the door the rest of the way. "Close the door behind you, please."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Yeah, f'sho. Hold the soda for me?"

The two made their way into the dorm and Warren set the pizza down on the counter, popping open the top box - black olive - and setting it on Rebekah's bed as he made his way towards the cheese. Noticing her slightly surprised expression, the blonde X-Man grinned.

"Alaric and Brooklyn mentioned you had a black olive addiction. Lucky break, huh?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"I guess I don't actually have to go anywhere for information to circulate." Rebekah commented drily, a small smile quirking her face. she carefully separated two pieces, and slid them onto a plate, retreating slightly back to her corner armchair.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Errr...yeah, Rebekah...that's kind of why I'm here. Namely...you not going anywhere."

Warren turned around, two slices of pizza, a breadstick, and some marinara on his plate. His wings unfurled, sliding through the slits in his T-shirt, and stretched out. The appendages were the snowiest white and beautiful to behold; he sat down and let them coil around him like a shawl, sighing deeply as he swirled the edge of the breadstick in sauce and took a bite.

"Listen. I spent seventeen years living in a Siberian hut meditating and trying to quell my psychopathic alter-ego while mastering the secrets of a Cheyarafim ring that prevented me from dying alongside each and every one of my friends, my rivals, and even my enemies. Until last year, I hadn't heard my own voice since Kurt Cobain was still alive and it was cool to be Republican. Know what I mean?"

A somewhat blank look from Rebekah; Warren sighed again, shaking his head with a chuckle.

"You're adorable. Let's be real here for a second, you are. You're attractive, witty when you want to be, talented, and most of all, you are not a Weapon anymore. You have to allow yourself to move on, instead of stagnating in here and playing (admittedly) decent Journey and Kansas covers for the rest of your life. Pretty soon - unless you're me, in which case, congratulations - you'll be old and grey and still alone, and you won't have lived a single bit, and you won't have moved on at all. Do you get what I'm saying yet?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Alec stayed in the shelter of the Blackbird, recreating his sniper form arm. He took aim, waiting for one of the shooters to give him on opportunity. Since, like all his arms form, the gun ran on his own energy, he couldn't afford to just spray the area especially not with the gun's power requirements. He'd have to pick his moments carefully.

Tyrone did not. He'd been pepped up from the Blackbird's fall, and was pretty much bulletproof anyway, so just charged at the shooters. This wasn't just blind anger on his part, however. He was hoping it would draw fire onto him and leave the members of A-Team more vulnerable to gunfire free to move without worrying about a bullet through the head

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Dante Dante just lethargically turned his head towards the speaker, the historian boy. Disappointingly, that he seemed to be handing over the papers without comment, seemed to disprove any notion that he knew more than what was found in a normal history book. Of course he could just be hiding his knowledge, in which case I'm still annoyed having help for once would have been quite useful. "Thanks," Dante said halfheartedly as he grabbed the papers, "At least I don't have to start completely over," he groaned to himself as he grabbed the papers. This time he made sure they went straight in his bag, sigh why must I have such rotten luck. It really isn't fair. Did god or whoever just decide to dump a gazillion other people's misfortune on me, if so that's just not cool. That just sucks.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Iron Bolt, at the door of the mansion.

Walter knocked again.

IC: Silver Serpent, mansion, kitchen.

“Wow, makes my life seem not so bad.” Susan said. “Did the aliens ever get defeated?”

Bang, bang, bang.

“I think someone’s knocking.” Susan said.

IC: Spirit, Blackbird, Las Vagas.

“You got hit on the head.” Will said to Darkfang. “You should probably take Jessika back to the mansion." Will then sent a bolts of healing energy at Chris, Fauna, and Liliana. "Anyone else?" He asked.

Edited by Takanuvainika

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC:

The small smile that had adorned her face faded, as she nibbled unenthusiastically on her piece of pizza. She listened in silence, seeming to shrink ever so slightly into her chair, as if she wanted to fold in on herself and disappear, just to avoid the conversation.

After Warren ended, she was silent for a moment longer, setting her plate on the small side table. "I understand what you're getting at. Really, I do. And I'd be dishonest if I said I hadn't been thinking about it."
"But I can't. I've tried. I ventured out Christmas Eve, thought I might as well give it a shot. First words I heard? "Why don't we just send Rebekah after them?" She paused a moment. "I sound petty. I sound like a petulant child, actually. But it's true. I go out, and they see the Weapon. Maybe that's my fault, for not trying harder to prove them wrong. And... the last time I tried the whole "social" thing, it didn't exactly end well."
Warren sat attentive and listened to Rebekah explain herself and then cocked his head.
"What if I could train you? In the art of being social, I mean."
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Your theory on page three, by the way, isn't quite right. Interesting way of going about it, though." The English teenager commentedIC:"That's a very big if. And," She paused a moment. "It isn't just the lack of social skills holding me back. I could probably manage, if it weren't for my tendency to...""I guess overreact would be the best way to put it. I try, but... No one ever seems to understand anything else."

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Dante

And he does understand, you've got to be screwing with me. Just make up your mind fate, are you going to torture me or help me. "If you bothered reading the footnotes you'll see how I disregarded it in favor of what I believe to be the case involving the Caliphs. Now if this fools can finish up they're little quarrel," Dante said getting to his feet, "then I can finally go finish my research."

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Jeffery Pryde - Las Vegas -

Jeff cried out as he felt his leg starting to get crushed by Guppie's massive hand, but he had instinctively phased himself quickly enough that it did not cause any lasting damage, all the same he was walking with a bit of a limp. The bullets did nothing to his intangible form. "Well big guy you almost got me, not bad."

Jeff lunged at Guppie to attempt to render actually unconscious, and this time he'd make sure it actually worked. "Now stay down!"

IC: Stark Tower

Down at the lobby, the normally rather grumpy receptionist that got payed way more than she was worth was about to get some rather unwelcomed company, not that anyone whoever came through those doors was really welcomed by her.

The receptionist was already a bit on edge when the power went down and her game of solitaire on her computer was ruined. She cursed in frustration, work wasn't suppose to be this hard.

That was when the sound of glass shattering and the surge of energy erupted into the lobby as the window panel were reduced to pieces, men in green and yellow uniforms rushed into the lobby, there was a very distinct symbol on each of their uniforms, a skull with technical, there was only one organization it could be.

Hydra.

The Hydra soldiers raised their hands at the receptionist, wielding what appeared to be some sort of gauntlets that surged with electricity. "Don't move." One of them ordered as a another figure entered from behind them, looking ever so much in charge.

It was a middle aged man, wearing steampunk style goggles and a thick lab coat, the the truly most striking feature was the strange coil-like device that seemed to be grafted onto his back, it hummed with energy. He walked past the Hydra soldiers as he went up to the shaking woman. "Tell me...is Mr. Stark home?" He asked in a deep and very Russian accent.

The women managed to find her quivering voice after a few moments. "I-I don't know, Mr. Stark comes and goes as he pleases...he never tells me anything!"

The man sighed. "Well then, I have no further use for you..." He raised his hand as intense energy began to build up from his palm, the poor receptionist began to scream in agony as she was overloaded with electricity, this went on for about 10 seconds before the women collapsed into her chair, and never moved again.

"Search very floor..." The man said sharply to the Hydra goons. "And remember I want Mr. Stark alive...as for anyone else well...kill them."

"Yes Doctor Tesla!" The squad leader answered, then began to go from room to room as they searched the lobby, more Hydra soldiers began to pour into the tower. Helicopters landed on the roof as well and began to comb the area from the top down.

----

Unfortunately for Noel the circuit breaker would do her no good, even if she found it. Though her luck was about to turn for the better as emergency power came online, the lights and most of the systems were still down, but the one thing she would really need was now online. "Miss Rogers?" JARVIS' familiar voice sounded from the room she was occupying. "Emergency power has been established. Though most of my systems are still offline. I take it Mr. Stark is incapable of being any used to us for the moment yes? That may be a bigger problem than you can imagine...we have some quite uninvited guests coming your way, I highly recommend you get Mr. Stark and yourself into the Avenger Room."

Edited by Snelly

IC: Liberty"Jarvis!" Noel said with a sigh of relief when the A.I began to speak, though the relief quickly faded. "Thank you Jarvis." She said softly as she quickly made a break for Howard's bed room. "Howard, sweetie." She said softly to the unconscious man as she quickly picked him up. "I know you can't hear me but...I'm taking you to the avenger room." She quickly ran, Howard safely in her arms, to the avenger room. Once there she quietly shut the door and placed Howard safely in a chair. "Jarvis speak to me."

Edited by Rawrmouse

Ic: The boy didn't feel Lynae stuff the bill into his hands, not did he hear or see her walk away, because he was passed out and dreamed of nothing but blackness. He would likely wake (if he woke at all) with missing kidneys and extracted teeth because he was really knocked out now. Like really.

As the vampire's heels clicked away from him the scrunched up wad of cash fell from his limp digits and tapped on the ground as the sound of a plane crash could be heard from a distance. Few people could discern that the near-dead boy was the victim of the same tragedy as the rough landing of the X-Men.

• • • •

"Idea," Armin said as he got up and away from the rail and looked at the few cars still parked on the open air level of the parking garage. "Nick, do you know how to open and hotwire cars?"

IC: LynaeLynae walked out of the alley, looking around for Nick and Armin. She frowned as she looked around, the chaos swallowing the city. Yet that didn't bother Lynae much, she would need to find her allies before she would worry much about her surroundings.Suddenly she remembered seeing Nick ascend a stair case by the parking garage. "They better still be there." Lynae muttered as she ran to the stairs, quickly going up them.

Edited by Rawrmouse

As Noel closed the doorway to the avenger room, the door was quickly reinforced as the locking mechanisms automatically activated, rendering it unopenable from the outside. The doorway was also cleverly disguised as part of the wall, so the Hydra goons wouldn't be able to find it easily, even if they could somehow open it. Noel and Howard were safe inside the Avenger room for the moment.

The main computer terminal sprung to life as Noel entered the control room, the monitors were displaying what the still active security cameras were viewing. Many of the images displayed men who were combing the tower, and not being neat about it either, they were making quite a mess. Noel would unmistakable recognize them as Hydra soldiers, arguably her late father's biggest adversary.

"It appears that Hydra is paying us an unwelcome visit." JARVIS chimmed in. "They appear to possess devices that can discharge electrical energy, extreme caution advised."

OOC: Snelly, Ashley post?

IC: Malus, Earl

Malus knocked again, and this time, Earl answered.

"Who are you and what do you want?" the Bishop demanded.

"The universe has told me to join your little...organization," Malus stated.

Earl knit his brows in confusion,"

"You mean the Club?"

"Yes."

Earl paused, looked over his shoulder, then turned back to Malus.

"You'll have to talk to Shaw about that, and he's away at the moment."

Earl attempted to close the door, but it was caught by Malus's surprisingly strong hand.

"May I at least enter?"

"Not a chance."

Again, Earl tried to close the door, and again, it was caught by Malus. This time, Malus stared deeply into Earl's eyes. The Bishop's expression quickly changed from one of contempt to one of shock.

"I said, may I enter?" Malus repeated.

Earl shuddered.

"Fine, fine, come in."

Malus gave Earl his friendliest smile and stepped inside.

67tlbk.png

OOC: I'm kinda waiting on a Luz/Alameda post first, Zyke.

"Weapons Ma'am? Those I can provide." The lights began to flick on from across the room as a massive vault like door began to open. "Mr. Stark's Iron Man armors are all stored in there."

"Why are there Hydra goons raiding my kitchen?" Howard was sitting in the chair next to Noel by the terminal, apparently he had woken up, staring at the monitors, though he still seems quite out of it.

IC: Liberty"Thank you Jarvis. I'll head right in." Noel turned when Howard spoke."Hey there sleepyhead." Noel said, going over to Howard and kissing his forehead. "I'm going to go take care of it, so just stay here okay?" She smiled and kissed him before heading into the vault.She looked around, the multiple suits displayed against the wall. Noel approached one if them, looking at it. "Jarvis, I think I'll use this one. Can you help me get it on?"

IC: Howard - Stark Tower -

"Alright then....but I don't want to see a scratch on it!" Howard called, still somewhat delirious.

"Of course Ms. Rogers." The suit was a prototype armor by the looks of it, as it was dull gray in color, but it had the standard repulsors and HUD system. Mechanical arms reached down and began to disassemble the suit before beginning to reassemble it on Noel's body. After a few moments it was complete, leaving just the helmet unattached. "Powering up all systems in 3...2...1..." The suit flared to life, the various lights on the suit flaring to life.

IC: NPC CoTC (Las Vegas)

The assassins quickly reloaded their rifles after their shots had been blocked by an invisible object of some sort. They were suddenly blinded as another X-Man wearing a green shirt stepped into view.

One of the assassins grabbed a grenade and tossed it towards the Blackbird, where they saw the person before they were blinded, hopefully taking them out.

Another assassin reached down and touched the ground as suddenly massive iron spikes burst from the ground heading towards the source of the blinding light.

On a building overlooking the battle a few SWAT snipers were posted up, trying to get a good shot.

“Hey Rick do you see that light over th- uhrhhhh.” The officer said as a garotte (thin wire) was pulled across his neck by an assassin behind him. He struggled as he was suffocated by the wire. Finally he went limp. The Child turned to his comrade and nodded as he lowered the other dead sniper to the ground before pulling away his garrote as well. They then began to remove their clothing, replacing it with the SWAT outfits. When they were finished they dragged the dead cops; now dressed as assassins and pushed them over the edge of the building before walking towards the sniper rifles.

“Snipers in place sir.” One of them said over the channel.

Another group of assassins had been doing pretty much the same: dressing themselves as police officers and SWAT members from the corpses of dead ones around the battle, using the cover of darkness of course. They had their orders: fan out and search for more cops in the area, and neutralize them.

“Let’s check out that parking garage over there,” one said softly. They walked up the stairs approaching a line of cops who were guarding the garage and using it as rally point. The cops turned to the disguised assassins and saw nothing amiss with them. The SWAT assassins turned the barrels of their shotguns upon the cops before they could react and fired. The shotgun blasts tore into the chests of several cops, splattering their internal organs and what seemed like liters of blood all over their squad-cars behind them.

“Search and destroy.”

IC: NPC Guppie, NPC CoTC

Guppie rolled to the left and got to his large stone feet. “No you stay DOWN!” he roared as he smashed his fist into the earth caving it in around them and creating a small abyss that they would both fall into.

The assassins attacking Jeff and Gabriel suddenly found all of their gender’s reversed. To say the least they were a bit distracted for a moment as their height and bodies adjusted, and even their walking was a bit off. Still they simply aimed their rifles at Gabriel and fired once again. A mutant assassin’s hand became covered with flame before she hurled the fireball at Gabriel.

IC: Mimic (Las Vegas)

“You can’t sleep now Chris,” she said. “You need to fight or you will die.” She had to get Chris going. She could hear gunshots from outside and they sounded close.

IC: Darkfang (Las Vegas)

Jeremy looked around. “We crashed!” he said alarmed. He then glanced at Jessika who was hugging Nathan tightly. “I can take her back.” He offered.

IC: Songbird (Las Vegas)

“Just me,” Ash said as she pressed her own hand to her forehead and healed her wound with her own healing powers.

“Alright Beta Team, follow my lead. There are sure to be civilians out there still alive, these guys are probably keeping hostages.”

IC: Triblade (Las Vegas)

While Jared was blinding the assassins Matt slipped out of the other side of the Blackbird, he ran through the darkness around the blinding light, and behind the assassins. He delivered a kick to the backside of one of the assassins before a plasma blade materialized out of each palm; illuminating the area in red. Matt lashed out with the blade, cutting through the legs of the same assassin.

The assassin screamed as he fell forward onto the ground, only to have Matt remove his hands as well with another swipe. He hadn’t killed the man, no. But he’d subjected him to a life of misery and torture without either of his limbs, and in Matt’s eyes, he bloody deserved it.

What Matt didn’t expect was about two of the assassins to turn towards him. One began to fire at him with his rifle. Matt unleashed a blast of plasma from his chest, turning the bullets into slag. The hot metal still impacted his shoulder though, and burned his skin beneath. Matt grimaced as he surged forward slashing at the assassin, who dodged his every move. These guys were good. The assassin then jumped into the air, unleashing a kick to Matt’s jaw. Blood squirted past Matt’s lips as he was thrown backwards onto the ground.

Too **** good.

The other assassins turned their weapons on a figure that was charging them, even blinded they were trained to listen for footfalls and could tell he was coming in fast. They turned their weapons towards Tyrone and fired rapidly.

IC: Harbinger (Las Vegas)

I walked over to a small spot-light one of my men had dragged out of their vans. I then pressed a button, which turned on the light, illuminating a large circle in the blackness. Inside the circle was about twenty officers and civilians, all with Children of the Corn holding guns to their heads.

“And these are your stereotypical hostages, nothing special about them. Oh, but the stereotypical heroes won’t be able to resist trying to save them.” I grinned to myself.

“Welcome to Las Vegas X-Men! I hope that your flight here was nice. Tonight will be your reckoning, and I will be your host. My kind Children will be the ones that kill you, and what’s more the entire world is watching.”

IC: NPC Novocain (Las Vegas)

“Why thank you old chap,” Novocain said as he patted Ben on the shoulder with a metal hand.

“Now its time to get to business,” he sneered as he approached the battle. When a few assassins turned to Novocain he put up his hands.

“Oh don’t mind me gentlemen, I want to kill the X-Men as much as you, in fact probably more. You see half of my body wasn’t always metal like this…”

IC: Nicole (Starbucks)

"Hmm... its a mystery," she chuckled as she looked at Robin. "So now what?" she suddenly tuned into the news channel once again. "It appears that a plane has gone down after being hit by a rocket... officials aren't positive but they think it was the X-Men's infamous Blackbird plane." a reporter was saying.

"Oh god..." Nicole said.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius