IC: Fortunately, Catapult was paying attention. Still, he was still grazed by a few bullets as he hastily slipped back behind cover. He could still feel the sear from the heat of the bullets on his arm, and he felt a solid trickle run down his face from where one grazed the bridge of his nose.

Catapult took a few deep breaths to re calm himself, then activated his comm-link.

"Jester, tertiary target has made an entry to the fray. Requesting a smoke out for immediate advantage creation."

The chuckling compatriot who had earlier frozen the area around Christine and Aleks simply giggled back in response before making another series of impressive leaps, landing on the building Chris was using for cover. With a cackle, Jester dropped a series of dark pellets at Chris' feet, smoke billowing out from them rapidly on contact with the ground, completely obscuring the shapeshifting mutant.

Catapult took that opportunity to fire on Christine again before switching windows.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Ashley - Starbucks -

Ashley was panting heavily again, she had to remember to slow her speech down, she broke the hug and looked at Luz sheepishly. "Well I had this drink called a latte. It's making me all excited and anxious and wayyyyy too giggly even for me. I mean normally I don't talk like this I'm not usually this energetic well actually people tell me I'm a rather energetic person so I guess I'm super energetic right now."

Ashley paused so she could actually breathe. "Am I making any sense or do I just sound crazy?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Jesika

Jesika's eyes were wide and frightened from what she had just seen as they stared at Nathan. She'd never broken a bone before, but by the way that Nathan looked... it was painful. "C-can you walk?" she asked, her voice cracking slightly. She tried to be brave, to show Nathan that she was okay, that she wasn't scared, but it wasn't working.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC [Luz/Alameda]

"Somewhat." Luz looked at the girl, still trying to remember what was reminding her of this girl. Somewhere in her travels... somewhere. "Caffeine dislikes you?"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Nathan - Las Vegas -

Jesika was looking scared, scared for me. This unnerved me, I didn't want her to be frightened, though there was little I could do about the pain I felt.

To reassure he I got up on my feet. My wing may have been broken, but that didn't prevent me from walking. I found my footing a bit off balance though, I'd almost forgotten how important my wings had become to my balance. "I can walk...don't worry." I said with a forced smile. "A little pain never killed anyone."

"Either that or it likes me too much." Ashley said with a giggle.

Edited by Snelly

IC:"Terribly sorry to interrupt," An accented voice chimed in, as Alistair stared at the weather. Since it had not abated with Luz' transformation, it occurred to him that it would most likely not be stopping any time soon. "But does anyone have an umbrella? Walking in the rain with a laptop in one's luggage is simple a recipe for disaster."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Iron Bolt

“I guess so.” Walter said as he hit Warren in the arm with the back of his talons.

IC: Silver Serpent

“I don’t know anything about that; I focus on biology not quantum physics or whatever that is.” Susan said with a smile.

IC: Spirit

Will mentally kicked himself; he still wasn’t used to fighting on a team. “Right, sorry about that.” He answered as he jetted away from the assassin and faded into the spirit plane as a few bullets came his way. Will reappeared a few seconds later next to Ashlynn. He saw that Kirsty was wounded so he sent his healing energy to her, forcing the bullet out and healing the wound.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC:

"That's not exactly Quantum physics... It's more in-line with the Theory of Everything," Sarah said, "It's less science, and more theory. All that kinda icky-stuff that they haven't proved. Like the multiverse, and Dark Matter."

As Warren was struck by Walter, the electricity that the older mutant had stored up mostly vanished. It visibly jumped from one electrokinetic to the other in an arc of blue light. Warren's hunger wasn't completely sated, but merely contained.

"Ah... Thanks for the meal!" Warren exclaimed, "I was told I couldn't drain power from the mansion, which has a -load of power in it, and I really hate the feeling that I get from the place. My body must not like being underpowered by a house... I've been hungry since I got here!"

He started to head off towards the kitchen, where he last saw Francesca and Sarah. He knew that the two of them had been living here for some time now, and could help more than he could.

"I'll be right back!"

Chris jumped further behind the building, coughing, and looking up to see where the smoke bombs had come from.

Edited by Varren Rehn

IC:

Aleksandr knew Catapault's games, though; he had been playing them for years and years, from his developing years as a thief in Murmansk to his time in Weapon-X to the extra training regimens of the X-Men. It would take more than smoke and mirrors, simple tactics meant for distraction, to throw him off his game. As Catapault laid down suppressing fire on Christine, Aleks created a series of pillars, wide enough that he could stand on them, in different positions like Jenga blocks. The pillars stabbed through the forming ice, crushing it into a crystalline powder laced with water that sprinkled to the ground in an ugliness uncharacteristic of precipitation.

Now, if I were sniping from that angle, at two trained mutants, and I didn't want to stay in one place without sacrificing my shot...

Aleks leaped from pillar to pillar like a gazelle before ducking behind a pillar to the west of his structure, popping a new clip into his scoped Colt 727, and taking a second or two every now and then to scan the windows of the floor Catapault was currently calling his own before ducking back into his cover. His right foot slid outwards to brace against a second pillar, allowing him a steadier shot - once he was sure he'd located the right window, Aleks darted out quickly, brought the scope to his eye with an assassin's agility and accuracy, and fired off a single shot in the time it would take most people to even register his snow white form against the asphalt.

IC:

"Listen, Rebekah, what Brooklyn's trying to say is that we're here to help you. All of us, as a family."

Brooklyn nodded her agreement vigorously from the bed.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:Rebekah stared for a long moment. She opened her mouth to speak, only to close it again. She sat up in her chair, and leaned forward, still trying to figure out what to say.

"... Thank you." With an incredibly swift move, she crossed the room and pulled both of them into a tight hug. Unseen, her eyes watered, and she smiled. "Thank you."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Fauna

Fauna rose and looked around. She spotted a small boy hiding under some debris and moved over towards him. When he saw her coming, he shrank back and closed his eyes as if in pain. "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you." Fauna tried to sound as soothing as possible.

"Yes you will. Just like you hurt him." the boy hissed through his teeth.

"But he was a bad guy." she said, starting to lose her patience.

"You are too. I saw you kill him like he wasn't a real person."

Approaching footsteps behind Fauna made her turn before she could respond. All she saw was a glint of steel before a deep slash of pain from her naval to her sternum turned out the lights.

IC: Gamemaster and Knower

"I'm bored," Wyatt thought to himself. "Let's see what the other people on this ship are doing..." With that, Wyatt started to attempt to create an RV link...

Except that I was the guy on the other end. Detecting the link, I sent a discouraging pulse back at the sender. "Don't do that," I muttered.

"Heesh, I just need something to do," Wyatt grumbled. "I mean, we're both stuck in inactivity, aren't we?"

"Wrong. I'm currently trying to figure out what the devil happened on this ship."

"I meant interaction from another person. It's sort of boring just talking to yourself, if you get what I mean."

"I'm busy." With that, I cut the link.

"Darn," Wyatt thought to himself.

I returned to my work. Looking at the data presented before me, I sighed to myself. "Okay, so we've got no leads, we can't identify the program used to attack, all information that could be useful is either classified or unknown to us..." Sighing, I continued to work with what I had. Man, this happened a lot to me. Not having enough material to work with, I mean.

Edited by Constructman

IC: Dante Let's see she listen's to Ashley, acknowledges History boy, but me. Nope, "I'm being ignored as always, typical," Dante muttered to himself with a shake of the head. Before he began walking towards Alistair and Ashley, overhearing just the last few of Alistair's words. Yeah a laptop in bag in weather isn't a good idea... hold up. ! Please tell me. Dante quickly swung his bag around to inspect how soaked it was, only to discover to his dismay that there was a hole in the top, not too big, but more than big enough to let rain through. This sucks, "Rotten luck." IC: Malik Malik just smiled at Gabe as he began hurtling a little faster down the road, he could feel Jeff's grip slipping and he didn't want him to fall off before they got there. At the same time he leaned forward as far as possible on the bike so Gabe and Jeff could just rest against the curve of his back. It'd be easier on them, and hopefully it would mean they wouldn't fall off. It wasn't long before the hospital could easily be seen by the naked eye, and it was obvious that quite the line was forming. the s that attacked Vegas. Worried that Gabe and Jeff might have to wait, Malik revved his engine a little more, speeding straight down the hospital road, and only bringing a bike to halt once he was much closer. "Hey! Doctor or Nurse or whatever! I've got people dying here!."

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Not one for overstaying his welcome, Catapult didn't simply stop moving after he shot at Christine. He did however make a solid decision to relocate once Aleks' bullet sped through the window he had been intending to occupy.

Smirking, Catapult placed his hands on the wall in front of him rather than passing by the window simply to get his head blown off. With a rush of flames, the thing lit on fire, and Catapult ran in the opposite direction to a staircase in order to change floors. Shortly after going upstairs, Catapult snapped his fingers.

With a dull boom, the majority of the wall that had been set alight tore itself from the building and launched at Aleks in a wide spread fiery projectile wall of debris, flaming chunks of building raining towards him with impressive force.

OOC: For explanation's sake, Catapult has the ability to set inanimate objects on fire, then control the object itself in a projectile fashion. There is, of course, a size limit to what he can do this with, but the longer he takes to launch an object, the easier it is for him to launch.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

OOC: We need to find a way for Elias to meet Jordan. :P

IC: Julia, Zack

A blast of green energy screamed through the air and directly towards the broad chest of one of the Nitroid-enhanced brutes. Zack's hand stayed near the button on his visor in case that wasn't enough to deter his target.

"You stay the **** away from my boyfriend," came a frighteningly angry growl from behind the assassin currently targeting Alex.

Snikt.

Julia slashed with both pairs of claws simultaneously at his back (or chest if he had turned around).

67tlbk.png

IC: "Not proved and yet they still made me do a three thousand word essay on it," Francesca moaned, slumping her head into her hands

IC: Tyrone was around when Fauna was attacked, and started rushing in to defend both her and the boy she'd rescued (albeit temporarily), pumped up leg muscles pounding away to put himself between the youngsters and the assassin

NPC: The grenadier had turned to see Julia, and it was probably this that saved him. His clothing was thick and swathed him from head to toes, presumably to protect him from his own vapours. He even had a gas mask of sorts over his face. Or most of a gas mask at least. The mouth part, oft considered the key part of a gas mask, was missing. It became obvious why when the assassin started to wretch, and actually vomited up another grenade into his hand. He threw the hissing, steaming thing at Julia

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: Since I was unable to post and Ash would of healed Kristy before Will got over there I’m leaving it at that.

I’m enjoying this band of named assassins ;p: Grenadier, Jester, Catapult, keep it up guys. Oh yeah poor Guppie ;d. I don’t know the illusion ones name.

IC: Songbird (Las Vegas)

As Ash finished healing Matt she looked up to see Christopher laying Kristy near her, blood oozing out of several bullet wounds.

“Christ,” Ashlynn said. “Hold on,” she said as she placed her hands on Kristy as green energy poured out and began to heal her.

“Matt you stay where you are for now.” She scolded him as he tried to get up. Soon Spirit arrived aiding with his own healing energy that pushed the last bullet out.

IC: Novocain (Hellfire Mansion)

“Well… that was no fun,” Novocain said as he was teleported back to the mansion. “Nathan still lives and he nearly killed me.”

IC: Feral (Las Vegas)

John screamed in agony. Illusions were of the mind, but so were dreams. You could feel pain in a dream. What John felt now as his claws twisted and moved like snakes was beyond pain. It was his bones crunching and grating against the adamantium. The adamantium in his arm shifting and tearing against his muscles and flesh, grating against itself as it ravaged his arm.

John’s legs seemed to quiver as the vertigo took affect.

"If its all too much for you, just close your eyes and sleeeeep,

John was upside-down now. The sky was below him while the earth was above and he was stuck too it. John held his breath and took a tentative step, afraid that if he moved one foot he’d fall into the sky and tumble forever. But he didn’t.

This isn’t real. This isn’t real. John told himself as he took another step towards the building that seemed far away but close at the same time.

IC: Mimic (Las Vegas)

As she heard gunshots Christine jumped off of the freezing pillar, one of the bullets flying past her side as it cut through her suit and grazed her flesh. She winced before she landed on one of the adjacent pillars Aleks had formed. Following his lead she jumped from pillar to pillar out in the open. She saw where Aleks was behind his cover looking for a shot.

I’m the bait; let’s hope this assassin takes it. She thought as she fired off some round towards where the burning bullets had come from. Suddenly one of the walls began to burn as it was torn away and flew at Aleks.

Christine grimaced as she neared the building; she created another pillar, jumped onto it before leaping the distance through the gaping hole the mutant had created by tearing away the wall. She searched the area with her rifle before quickly reloading it. Now where was this **** hiding?

IC: NPC Nitroids CoTC

The Nitroid brute was slammed against the wall from the beam. He bellowed with rage before charging at Zack, swinging a massive fist towards his chest.

The assassin in front of Tyrone grinned as he twirled his bloodied blade. Tyrone would soon see that it seemed he had a sword in each hand while about four blades were levitating in the air around him.

He pointed his swords at Tyrone as the four levitating blades surged towards his chest.

IC [Luz/Alameda]

"An umbrella?" Luz didn't seem to care much about the rain, with her cloak keeping most of it off and seemingly not noticing her drenched hair. "Why would I carry an umbrella?"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Jeffery Pryde - Las Vegas -

Jeff had fallen unconscious a bit before they had actually arrived at the hospital, fortunately he hadn't fallen off the bike, and had been the one keeping Gabriel from falling off himself. Now Gabriel's condition was far more critical that Jeff's, but a bleeding head and probably concussion weren't good either. Thankfully for Malik a nurse overheard his cry for help, soon enough there was a small team of medical personal and two stretchers coming their way.

"I'm with Luz here, I don't see the point of an umbrella." Ashley said in her completely drenched clothes, she didn't mind getting wet on bit apparently. "Though I guess computers really don't like rain."

IC: Nathan - Las Vegas -

"Well, the Blackbird seemed to be a safe enough place..." I suggested to Jesika, as much as it might have hurt my pride to be saved by a little girl, at the moment I really didn't care. Jesika would also be save inside the Blackbird and that's what really mattered.

IC:

"It could be worse," Sarah said, her tone hopeful.

At that moment, Warren came back into the kitchen.

"Hey, there's someone here!"

Christopher watched over Kristy as she was being healed, not intent on letting her do something stupid and get hurt again.

It was at this moment, that Molotov, SHIELD Agent, Mutant, former Lawyer, chose to enter the room where Rapture and Agent Hill were holding their standoff.

"Agent Hill," The Pyrokinetic said politely, "A pleasure to see you. Now, I think I'll deal with the... Situation."

With that, he strode over to where Rapture was hiding behind the guard. When she noticed the agent, Rapture attempted to protest, but was immediately surprised when the SHIELD agent merely pushed the guard slightly aside, and punched her. Rapture's eyes seemed to freeze, and her mouth opened in disbelief. Molotov withdrew his hand, holding four empty vials between his fingers. He watched Rapture for a moment more as her body attempted to fight the toxin that had entered her body. Then she crumpled to the ground, unmoving.

"I'd like a medical team to retrieve the body," Molotov spoke into a portable radio, "I've never tried using this on mutants who regenerate before, and I'd like the call to be made."

With that, he turned about to Agent Hill and Agent Delphi, a ghost of a smile upon Molotov's face, "I'm terribly sorry for my late arrival. We were delayed by the infection of the ship."

Edited by Varren Rehn

IC:"Normally I wouldn't care, but I'd rather not risk my laptop." Alistair glanced at his bag, and started securing the main flap closed. "The bag is supposed to be water proof... Suppose I'll find out."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

(Scott)

Scott ducked, but not quick enough. the acid hit the top right side of Scott's helmet, and melted away enough of it that one could see Scott's eye and part of his face. To say he was angry was an understatement. Scott drew his katana and slashed at the scorpion in the same motion, aiming to cut off its arm. A cold fury washed over Scott, even as the nano-forge tried to repair the damage. The metal parts would fix easier, but the actual visor would take some time to repair.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Dante

"I really am invisible aren't I?" Dante muttered behind Alistair, "Being made of a water proof material doesn't help when you're bag has a hole in it. Ah screw it, I'm just going to run, that is if I actually knew the directions to my house well. This sucks," As if finally realizing his company again, Dante groaned once more, "And... I'm ranting on to people who don't care, I really am sleep deprived to talk this much."

Shaking his head, finding to his dismay that this caused even water to be thrown into his bag, Dante started walking off in a random direction. He'd get home sooner or later, atleast he hoped. Still in sight of the others Dante realized one more crucial fact, "My papers are in the bag as well, bloody rotten luck." Sigh at this rate it might just be last damaging to form a contract to keep the water off me. It'd probably only be a little bit of blood, of course not only would I be revealed, I'd also end up looking like an emo. This sucks.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:Snips was right. The missile didn't show up on Sieg's equipment, in fact, it was all but invisible to said sensors. WHat caught it wasn't a sensor. It was much simpler than that.The human eye. Jayne had been trained to monitor his environment, no matter what task he was currently engaged in. Keeping an eyes on his surroundings while performing a basic barrage was child's play. That said, even as he jerked the joystick to the side, he couldn't completely evade the shot. Instead of impacting against his thrusters, the rocket grazed and exploded against his leg.That split second reaction was what saved him. Significant damage had been done to the armor just above the knee, and a glance at the readout display confirmed Jayne's suspicion. Armor in that section was down to thirty percent."Delta Thirteen's whereabouts are unknown. Hostages are present, but be advised. Assassins are hidden amongst them."IC:Rather than blocking or dodging the projectile, it was scooped up and flicked away by an invisible force. The next two were simply blocked, due to the target's newfound wariness regarding them.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: NPC CoTC

The Scorpion’s claw flew up, blocking the slash; though the blade did sink into the armored claw, cutting through it as it sliced into the soft tissue underneath the shell. The mutant hissed in agony before its tail lashed out at Scott again its stinger trying to drive into his chest.

IC: Fauna

Fauna dreamed that she was standing at a bus stop with her sister, arguing.

"Oh yeah. This is when she ran away." Fauna thought hazily.

Their words were gradually getting more and more heated, but as in most dreams, her body seemed to be moving without her control. Sasha finally screamed at her, "I would be better off if you were dead! I hate you and our mother! She got herself killed in that wreck and left us alone." Sasha started to cry.

"This never happened. I don't remember her ever saying something like that."

Fauna looked on in frozen horror as she reached out to hit her sister. Only, instead of a hand reaching out in front of her. she saw a shaggy paw. Her paw connected with the side of Sasha's face with more force than intended. There was a sickening crack as the one person Fauna cared about fell to the ground.

The dream changed before Fauna could do anything to help her sister. In this new dream, she was sitting on a couch in some sort of office, staring at the wall. She could hear her adoptive parents talking to an older man.

"Well, it appears that she has False Memory Syndrome." the unidentified man was saying. "She believes that her sister ran away and never came back. I would advise that you keep it that way for her benefit."

Than it hit her. She wasn't dreaming, she was remembering.

IC: Shaw, Julia, Zack"Oh, don't worry," Shaw said, "the time will come when you can have your revenge. But first, I need you to finish that virus."Julia barely had time to react, but thanks to her enhanced reflexes, she managed to move her head to the side. The grenade flew by and landed in the dirt behind her. Her healing factor granted her near-immunity to most toxins, and right then she wasn't going to worry about whether or not this one was an exception. She lunged forward and brought her claws up at the same time, trying to puncture whatever organ allowed the man to produce his grenades.Zack let out a breath, and the Nitroid monster was back on its feet again. He tried to duck under the fist but ended up falling over in time for it to swing by inches away from his face. He fired another optical blast from his half-crouching half-laying position, this time aimed directly at the creature's stomach--the only area on its body not protected by bone--then immediately scrambled to his feet.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: NPC Novocain (Hellfire Club)

Novocain looked like a defeated little kid. “Fiiiiiine,” he sighed. He began to mumble under his breath as he made his way towards his labs. He passed Malus, “What the heII are you looking at Malus?” he asked remembering him from Weapon-X.

IC: NPC Nitroid

The monstrosity roared in pain as the optical blast slammed into its stomach hard; the force of the blast smashing it against another wall which cracked beneath the creature’s weight. It jumped forward snarling as it charged attempting to smash a foot into Zack and crush him.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC-Error:

"Hey, guys, good job fixing that virus. Except...I pretty much already fixed it," Error said to whatever people were still on the Helicarrier, walking up through an access tunnel, his customary toga being worn again. "And I have to tell you...it's pretty annoying." He shrugged, as one of his eyes seemed to change to a reddish colour. A moment later he grimaced, forcing it down.

"No, you filthy creature, stop i--"

"ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO U--"

"I said stop! Good lord, you're crazier than I am..." he shook his head, an expression of tragedy upon his face.

"Oh, if only I had known before that the only way to remove this virus from the ship was to have it download itself into my consciousness..." Still muttering various expletives and phrases, Error made his way over to Fury, tapping the one-eyed man on the shoulder to catch his attention.

"Whose bright bloody idea was it to name this thing Gill Bates?"

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

Errr...

I was kind of caught off guard as Corin spoke, because of all the shenanigans that went on with my pet fox, the thunderbird, hyped up Ashley, and...cute hipster girl beside me who just wanted to get away from all the crazy.

Wasn't the reason I left the X-Men to get away from all the crazy?

"Well, I mean...if you have to go, I don't wanna keep you..."

"It's not a bother! Like, really -- I mean -- if you want to come with, I don't mind."

A slow glance at Corin, then at the people currently settled down in Starbucks. Corin again.

"Okay, uh...I'm with you, then."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Oh great. He had one real vulnerability and he wound up in a fight against a guy whose power was basically that vulnerability. Well that was just peachy. Still, he had the out-cold Fauna to protect, so Tyrone wasn't going to back out now.

He drove a foot into the ground with the force of a pneumatic drill. Since the various explosions around the place had already cracked the asphalt this force was enough to shatter off a huge chunk of it, raising the slab up in front of him like a shield. Hopefully the swords would get stuck in the concrete, or shatter altogether

IC: "I realise it doesn't exactly compare with having an apocalypse every other weekend," Francesca admitted, "But still...three thousand words!"

IC: Alec had been taking careful aim at the scorpion creature for a few minutes now. It looked like the biggest threat on the scene, assuming the mechs didn't decide to take a more...hostile stance. He opened fire with his sniper-form arm at the creature's stinger, since the dexterity of the the thing meant its armour would be more vulnerable. And it was trying to use that stinger to hit Scott. That too. Needle thin bursts of energy streaked through the air at the scorpion's tail

IC: "Can you remember what kind of whammy the infiltrator pulled on you?" Anton asked, sticking to simple yes or no questions since Will was a bit indisposed, "Might help when they come to clearing your head out again."

NPC: "Ooh, a whole step, impressive," the perception-altering mutant, Trip, jeered, "Lets see what happens if we turn it up a notch."

Feral started to ache as pain gripped his bones. It was as though his muscles and flesh were so much dead weight, and couldn't keep up with the rest of him. Every move he made forward was slowly peeling his tendons and ligaments away, filleting him like a fish as metal bones tore through meat

NPC: Grenadier twisted sideways, unbuttoning the shroud-like overcoat he wore as he did. Leather was surprisingly tough stuff if treated properly, and had often been used as armour in olden days by people who couldn't afford metal plate. A decent leather buff coat could turn aside swords, and Grenadier's overcoat was far more protective to deal with his own bombs. Julia's claws managed to snag it, but since they were jagged bone, got caught in the tough hide. With another twist, Grenadier had thrown it off, hoping to further entangle the already-snared Julia in its folds and wrappings.

Help from Alex might be a bit problematic as well. While he'd blocked the second and third grenades, that hadn't stopped them spewing their toxic fumes, filling the area around him with caustic gas

NPC: Snips would have liked to go back to his RPG-launcher and see if he could find another HEAT missile to send at the mechs, but he'd left it behind when retreating from his position due to weight. Ah well, the mechs hadn't bombarded the spot, so perhaps he could recover it in a moment. For now he'd have to make do. He switched on a wireless signal jammer and slipped it inside the backpack he was wearing that was specially made to cary the device. Until he found some more heavy weaponry from one of the cache's they'd set up he'd have to make do with simply blocking communication between the mechs. All they'd hear was bagpipe music. He was just hoping it worked. The device was intended to annoy any planes the army might have sent, or any of SHIELD's Mandroids, they hadn't anticipated the mecha. Still, the jammer covered a broad enough series of radio and satellite signals that it stood a good chance of hindering their communications for now

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I'd just like to point out that Julia has new claws since her imprisonment at Weapon-X that are constructed of Adamantium, not bone. Think X-23.IC: Julia, Zack, MalusJulia stumbled backwards in surprise, but yanked her claws sideways, tearing through the coat that was still no match for the ultra-strong, very sharp metal that her claws were composed of. While this partially freed her, what was left of the garment was still twisted around her arm.Zack crawled backwards frantically, but his foot was crushed under the giant's own. He yelped in pain, but it still didn't hurt quite as much as what he had experienced in the past.He pressed his hand to the button of his visor again, this time firing in an arc from the giant's head downwards."Just you, Doctor Robocain," Malus chortled.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC:

Will nodded in reply to Anton's question.

"..."

"I think you're right actually," Sarah admitted.

Molotov watched as a group of SHIELD medical crew carried the body to a dropship. A power-dampener had been strapped onto Rapture, in case her powers started to work again.

"Sir..."

Molotov turned to see a medic talking to him, "Yes?"

"I did a quick analysis... The toxin you used... It appears to be rhododen-"

"Do yourself a favor," Molotov said, leaning in close so that his face stood less than an inch away from the Medic's, "Forget you ever did that. The toxin used was Akpaloli. We synthesized it from previous samples. Anyone who disagrees... They can answer to me."