IC [Prince of Ravens/New York City]

"Oddities. Wonderful. Now I'm going have a headache for the rest of the day." The Prince briefly glanced over at a nearby bench, a bird having let out a little squawk as it flapped away from it. For his efforts a slight pain in the back of his head began, only stopping when he looked away from the bench. But in the corner of his eyes... what was that? It was fleeting, but it was as though a darkness appeared for the briefest of seconds.

Unbeknownst to the little gathering, the woman known as Susan Parker was sitting on that bench. She was idly poking at her jeans, apparently having recovered ever so slightly from her dramatic experience from the prior day. Now that people had stopped crashing into her, apparently it was time for birds too.

I'm a window now? Wonderful.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: "Well yes, it would probably help if you told them when you were capable of telling them," Anton said, a smile playing around the edges of his mouth

IC: Alec was perfectly happy with the 'falling back' part of the plan. He had his arm in a simple blaster form; it wouldn't give him the accuracy or range of the sniper, but was far easier to shoot on the move.

Oh, there went John. Guy didn't quite get falling back. Must run in the family

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:D***. This place is getting a bit too hectic for my liking. The Illusionist thought to himself, glancing about. In addition to the Prince's vague probing, he could sense another mind present, but for some reason, he couldn't make himself look at the spot it currently inhabited. His eyes simply passed over it.He glanced at the Priest, and dared to send a telepathic message. I would advise a swift departure for the both of us. Things are getting a bit too crowded here.

IC:"... None of you have any idea what you're doing, do you?" Alistair said out loud, with dawning realization.

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Will gave Anton a half-hearted glare. It didn't work as much when you can't move your mouth. He knew that Anton was trying to make some light out of the situation, but he didn't feel like trying to make fun of his injury. Or the fact that he would have to explain to his parents that he was a mutant. The one thing they hated...

It didn't seem very funny to him.

OOC: Sorry this took so long Humva. I was distracted.

Lashing yourself to magics too terrible for most mortal minds to understand and then using it to become an immortal abomination does that.

IC (Lucia)

Lucia didn't respond, instead she sank to her knees, the odd stone used to forge the road beneath her digging into her skin. She was sobbing, grief rolling over her in massive, unstoppable waves. She'd lost everything. Her father. The man who had defied the norms of Rome and endured the scorn of his fellows, merely so she could learn. Because he had seen potential in her. He had seen in her the same amibiton and cunning that he so treasured. He had treated her as a son, albeit declared her his heir in all the ways that had mattered. He had saved her from a life as a mere pawn in a political game....instead, he'd taught her to play the game herself. Now her father was dead.

Her mother was gone as well. No longer would mother stay up late at night and tell her stories about gods and demons, no longer would mother help her weave spells of power and might. She would never cook her special dishes again. That knowledge had died with her, for her only daughter had not bothered to learn them. Her mother had known that and had not even offered....and now she had only a memory. The games of the senate had taken everything from her....and her own panic and anger had saved her. Had cast her forwards in time. She had a second chance.

But she was not thinking about that. She was thinking about the thousands of moments she had lived through with her families. Little moments that had seemed unimportant but were now more valuable then the ability to bind a legion of demons. Moments like that, with her family, were now lost to her. Forever.

So, Lucia wept.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: The Mysterious Priest

The Priest smirked. Wordlessly he reached for the Illusionist's shoulder. The moment the two made contact, they vanished from sight.

They reappeared on top of the nearest skyscraper, they could view nearly all of the city. Before the Illusionist could so much as take in their surroundings they vanished again appearing on top of another building, this processed continued on and on and on, moving miles and miles at every teleport.

I've never found airports to be all that efficient. They don't even serve a decent meal.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:On one of the longer stops, Marcus showed the Priest the map of where he needed to go. Minutes later, they came to a full stop in the general vicinity.

The Illusionist instantly cast out with his mind, searching for his target. It didn't take long. Telepaths, he had found, have a rather unique mental signature, an aura of power that all other mind lack. It could be suppressed, but not without practice and effort. And certainly not in the emotional state he was sensing. The Phoenix was another indicator, a presence where no other should have been.Summers wasn't far away, a few kilometers at most. "Do you sense that mind? That's where I need to be."Without waiting for a response, he gathered his strength and reached out. Ashlynn, so far away from other people, never saw the attack coming. In an instant, an mental onslaught began attacking her mind from every angle possible, fighting to get in. If she didn't react quickly, it would be over before it started.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Feral

Lost in his rage John slashed his claws upwards at one of the assassins. His metal claws tore into his chest and cut all the way through, cutting apart bone, organs and flesh in one. His claws passed through the man’s face and tore upwards as chunks of his eye and a spray of blood lifted into the air. Suddenly John heard a name behind him calling his name. He felt Julian’s hand on his shoulder as she tried to calm him down.

He unleashed a growl and whirled around as he tried to slash his claws across her face and then stab his other three into her stomach. John didn’t see Julia. No he only saw an opposing force, an opposing hunter; one that was trying to stop him, to stop his killing.

IC: Mimic

“Ah owe you one for doing this too,” Christine said as she glanced at Shadow. “How bad are his wounds? Will he be the same?”

IC: Songbird

As the sudden mental assault slammed into Ashlynn she quickly put up her telepathic defenses. She was trained against this sort of thing. She was also a level 9 telepath, so it wouldn’t be easy breaking through her walls. She landed on a building and slid into the shadows to allow herself more concentration as she began pushing back, unleashing a mental assault of her own.

IC: Julia

Julia's enhanced reflexes, combined with the fact that she had been half-expecting John to turn around and attack, allowed her to easily avoid the first swipe. The second, however, caught her off guard. She stepped back, but all the same, the very tips of John's claws sank into her flesh. She tried her best to shrug off the pain long enough for her healing factor to kick in.

"John," she said, her voice firm despite her current predicament, "you aren't a monster. You need to stop this. Control yourself."

67tlbk.png

IC:The dark haired girl shrugged. "He was in pretty bad shape when we got here. I don't know if he'll make a full recovery or not. Knowing him, it's possible. But I don't know."IC:The human mind. So complex, so delicate. Telepaths are better than most at understanding it, but understanding without knowledge does little good. The Illusionist's initial assault had garnered one additional benefit. He had for the briefest of moments gained a look into her mind. He didn't see much, but it was enough to gain an understanding of her emotional state. He'd also seen a snippet of a memory, the one closest to the surface. The death of her friend.Perfect.The first action was simple; drawing on what he had gleaned from her mind, he crafted an illusion. Abruptly, the area around Ashlynn seemed to vanish, replaced by an all-too familiar war zone. From an outsider's perspective, the illusion began to play through the moments leading up to, and the after math of, Jeremy's death.

Grief is such a useful tool. Her mind has already been weakened by it. This should just widen the cracks. When Ashlynn tried to reach into his mind, she would find a wall composed of only one though; the same memory she was seeing around her. At the same time, his attack continued. While most of it was a brute force attack designed to keep her busy, some pieces of it were targeting the portions of her mind already weakened by grief.Marcus was fighting a war on multiple fronts. Visual, psychological, and mental.OOC: New character for approval.

Name: Tera Laurent
Codename: None
Faction: None
Power(S): Tera has a very unusual ability. It could most likely be classified as a subset of shapeshifting, but it differs in one very crucial aspect. Instead of becoming living creatures, she instead becomes weapons. Primarily melee weapons, but she is capable of becoming a ranged weapon if she so desires. Unlike melee weapons, however, a ranged weapon form drains her quite quickly because projectiles are literally molded from the energy she puts into them. Along a similar vein, this means that things like a bow would take comparably little energy to fire, but a rifle would take significantly more. But she prefers to take the form of melee weapons. Bladed, blunt. Everything from a katana to a morning star and back again. She can also shift just part of her body, for instance turning her arm into a blade or something of that nature.
Appearance: Tera is of average height, with brown hair and hazel eyes. She’s actually rather pretty, but she does her best to blend in with a crowd whenever possible. To this end, her entire wardrobe is specially designed to be as nondescript as possible.
Weapons: None
Skills: Despite her pacifistic behavior, Tera is an accomplished martial artist. For her, it’s more of a way to practice control of her body than anything else. She’s also an avid reader, and can speak several languages.
Personality: In a way, Tera couldn’t have had a more ironic power. She despises fighting. In fact, she herself is a pacifist. As such, she refuses to ever use her powers, even though she understands how they work quite well. She tends toward a quiet if cheerful disposition, and she’s always friendly to anyone she meets. It’s rather difficult to get on her bad side, though there are a few very quick ways to doing so.
Weakness: Shifting only part of her body is not as effective as if she became a full weapon, due to the difference in fighting styles. Further, she is incapable of using her full power alone, as a weapon obviously cannot wield itself. 

Her biggest weakness, however, lies not with any technicality or power, but with herself. She absolutely refuses to fight back, and no situation has yet brought her to break that rule. In a fight, she’s little more than a punching bag.
Bio: Tera lived a pretty normal life for quite a while. She started taking martial arts, like many children, in elementary school. As a student, she was remarkably precocious and enjoyed her studies. Middle school came and went, with her leaving without ever once having missed the honor roll.
High school was where things changed. Partway through freshman year, she discovered her power. No dramatic circumstance surrounded it, no tragic story. Rather, she accidentally turned a finger into a knife at the dinner table. She registered without complaint, seeing a life under prejudice as being better than one as a fugitive. Unfortunately for her, many of her classmates saw things differently. The harassment started small at first, but quickly escalated. By the time senior year rolled around, she had dropped from a straight A student to barely passing in her best class. She missed school often, be it due to hospital time for broken bones or sheer exhaustion. She dropped out only a month in to her final year.
Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: John found someone very big and very strong grabbing him from behind, hauling him back off Julia. Tyrone trapped the werewolf in a half nelson, locking its arms in place to prevent those claws swiping him and placing his hands on the back of its head to try and stop it turning and biting.

"Listen to the lady Feral. Come back to us." Tyrone really hoped this worked. In between the fight with Nightblade and Feral's struggles the super-stregth kick he'd picked up from the gunfire was starting to wear off

IC: "Oh don't give me that look," Anton tutted, "You've faced all kinds of things while in Pantheon, how much worse can talking to your parents be?"

OOC: Hey guys, you see the big link in my sig? You should all totally click on it. Leads to a new RPG of mine based loosely on the various Castle themes Lego has done with a big heaping of A Song of Ice and Fire and a sprinkling of Lord of the Rings. Join up if you will, because the audience in the Lego RPG forum is about three guys

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

There was a quiet gasp as Tera Laurent stumbled back, tripped, and landed heavily. Grocery bags scattered around her, dropped when she fell.

She wasn’t surprised. It always happened. Somehow, they’d figured out where and when she worked and figured out how to keep an eye on the streets she walked to get home. The three thugs belonged to one of the more notorious gangs of New York, well known for being anti-mutant. They never made any major headlines, unfortunately, the people in charge were smart enough to avoid any crimes deserving of media attention. They stuck to minor crimes, like harassment, and on occasion, assault.

The latter was rare. For one very specific reason. Most mutants are potentially very dangerous, and most of them, if pushed hard enough, would fight back. Tera was a consistent target for one reason.“D*****, mutie. Why won’t you fight back?” The lead member of the group commented, aiming a kick toward her ribs. She barely flinched, despite doubling over when it connected. “Weeks we’ve been going through this same **** routine, and never once have you fought back. Why do you think that is, boys?”

The one on the right shrugged. “I dunno. Maybe we managed to find a smart one?”“A smart mutie?” The leader mused, smirking and putting his hand to his jaw in mock thought. “That could be. A mutie that understands her place. Is that is?”

Tera looked at all of them, face set in a blank expression that somehow radiated defiance. The lead thug scowled, crossing his arms. “You know, for a supposedly smart mutie, you don’t exactly act it.”

There was no response, instead, Tera straightened and worked on gathering her bags from where they’d been scattered. Verbal response was useless. In fact, it just made things worse. The first time she’d told them to leave. That was the worst beat down yet. It was also the one and only time she’d tried to call law enforcement, and been told point blank that they wouldn’t answer a call from a mutant. In fact, the responder implied with a verbal smirk that she’d probably started it.

“Gah. Beating you up isn’t even worth it anymore.” Without another word, the group turned and left, tossing a few more remarks over their shoulder as they went. Tera herself just stayed silent, examining the contents of her supplies“Darnit.” The teenager said quietly to herself. “They broke the eggs again.”

With a quiet sigh, she stood and brushed as much dirt off of herself as possible and tried to straighten her clothes. “Oh well. I can go back later.”Without another word she turned and started walking down the street. Her parents mentioned that they wanted her to make sure she was on time today, they had something they wanted to talk about.Probably the Institute. Again.

OOC: If there's anyone with characters in the area, feel free to interact.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Jaws

"Hey, you alright?" there was a lot of weight behind the voice that spoke to Tera, both emotionally and physically. Jaws turned his gaze to the retreating thugs, then back to the girl. He bit his lip, partially revealing his unusual teeth, as if he was unsure of what else to say.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC:Tera abruptly paused, turning around, head cocked slightly to the side in something resembling confusion. Absently, she brushed her hair back over her shoulder with her free hand. "Hmm?""Oh." A slight, nervous smile tugged at the corners of her mouth. "Um, yeah. I'm find. Just a few bruises."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Nathan

As me, Jesika, and those who followed behind us fled the battle. I went over the current situation in my mind. We had no Blackbird, no teleporter, half of us were critically injured and our most potent and only real healer had abandoned us. We were all known, unregistered mutants and most, if not all hospitals were more likely to call the enforcers or the police then actually help us.

In summary, we were screwed. My instincts screamed at me, telling me we needed to find somewhere to lay low...at least until all the hysteria died down.

That abandoned, seemingly condemned house looked like a good place, with a blast of wind the door came down. "Everyone, inside! We're gonna hide in here until we figure this all out..."

Yeah, probably not the best plan ever, but it was all I had.

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:Tera looked at them both, and shrugged. "I don't see why I can't. It's what I've been doing for quite a while now. It works out alright."

She glanced at Tali. "Why would I? Won't do any good. Either they come back in force, or they decide to go to the police."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Jaws"Listen," Jaws said, "I used to get pushed around. I know, big guy like me, right? But the thing is, if I had tried to fight back, they wouldn't have gone to the police or come back in force. They would have killed me."There was a pause."How long do think it'll be before your life is on the line?"

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC:The teenager shrugged slightly. "You misunderstand. If I wanted to fight back, I could. Actually, I could fight back very easily.""But it's pointless. Fighting back draws more attention to me, mostly from groups that I don't want to be noticed by. The group that they're part of? They wouldn't exactly respond well to their cronies being beaten up. Violence begets more violence, and that's not a cycle I intend to be a part of."A half smile tugged at her face. "Besides. I've had enough practice to know that I can take whatever they decided to dish out."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Sohail:

"Then take a different route," a fourth mutant said, having heard, for the most part, the discussion going on as he walked up. "Surely not every street and alleyway can be so thoroughly populated by those with so little mental strength? And if every possible path you may take does, at some point, have men and women such as those who attacked you residing along it, then throwing some variety in among your travel could help you to more easily slip past them...for what can they do to harm that which they do not expect?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Oh yeah Adders it was U! Feral that was the werewolf not normal Feral XD

IC: Feral (Las Vegas)

Feral struggled as Tyrone wrapped his strong arms around him, trapping him. He struggled against the strong arms, shouting like a trapped animal. His vision was almost red with his rage. All he wanted to do was to kill. To die, but he couldn’t, he knew he couldn’t.

“You aren't a monster. You need to stop this. Control yourself.” A familiar voice said. Julia. It was Julia, his sister. Storm clouds darkened the night sky above as rain began to pour down onto the battlefield; washing away the blood and putting out some of the fires. The rain washed over John, melting away his rage.

“I’m sorry Jules,” he said. She was wrong though. John was a monster. The assassin had been right. John fell to his knees then and he tore off his mask. He threw it to the ground and let the rain drench his dark black hair, sticking it to his head as it was soaked. Tears rolled down his cheeks now. Jeremy was dead; killing those people had still not changed that fact.

“You’re wrong Julia, I am.”

IC: Mimic (Las Vegas Hospital)

Christine nodded, “**** ah wish ah still had Ash’s powers… just to heal his broken bones at least.” She said. She was worried about Aleks. She took a step forward towards one of the doctors.

“Ah want to see him.”

IC: Songbird (Las Vegas)

The world around Ashlynn suddenly morphed and changed. What she saw now was the battle field once again. No. She wanted to be anywhere but here. She watched as laser beams impacted the ground, vaporizing assassins. She watched as assassins engaged the battered X-Men. Then she turned and she saw herself.

She watched as Zack took some bullets to the ground. Oh ****. She knew what came next. She watched as green flames suddenly began to lick around her body and her eyes glowed an eerie pure white. She saw herself lift into the air, like an angel of death.

“No!” Ashlynn shouted at herself. “Don’t do it!” she yelled as she watched the Phoenix move her hand outward. “Burn!” she shouted. Then Jeremy was in front of the column of flame, and he was burning. This wasn’t real. None of it. This was an illusion. Ashlynn turned away and clamped down tighter on her mental defenses. But it was already too late. She could feel some of the attacker behind her defenses. He was strong, and he'd distracted her and broken through. She tried her best to search out the traces of him inside her head and dispel them.

Get out of my head! She sent her attacker before she unleashed a strong offensive attack at his mind.

IC: Triblade (Las Vegas)

Matt dashed into the abandoned building after Windrider. It was starting to rain, and he’d much rather be inside right now. He glanced around the dingy room before laying his eyes on an old ratty blue blanket. Matt sighed before laying Jeremy’s body on the blanket and carefully folding it over him. He then sat down on a wooden chair and placed his head in his hands.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

You also need to reply to my last Warren post Adders...

OOC: Honestly not sure how to really

Oh yeah Adders it was U! Feral that was the werewolf not normal Feral XD

OOC: Tch, the site goes down for a few days and I forget everything. This is why we probably do need that wiki XD

IC: "See, a bad attitude like that is just going to reinforce it," Anton said. There was a ring of sincerity in his voice this time. He wasn't trying to make light of the situation, "Fear is a fire, and if you keep stoking it like that you're going to end up choking on the smoke."

IC: The unleashing of the Phoenix was not something that could be ignored. The first time it had cut loose on Earth it had caused catastrophes on a global scale without even meaning to, and even Ashlynn's minor outburst had caused repercussions on the psychic plane like an unexpected cymbal in the middle of an orchestral symphony, or a blob of black ink right on top of a delicately painted Monet. The sheer energy of the being was enormous. So much so that even in the Hellfire mansion Song caught traces of it. It probably helped that she went for sensitivity and skill than sheer brute force when it came to mental powers. It was that same skill that let her send an astral-self flying across the continent to track the disturbance back. She remembered the backlash she'd got from the Phoenix's last little temper tantrum seventeen years ago. It had hit her unprepared and nearly killed her despite being on the other side of the planet. She couldn't let that happen this time. The Phoenix would have to be tamed...or driven away again.

And apparently someone else had the same idea. Two powerful psychics having a mental showdown didn't have the same kick as a nigh-omnipotent force of death and rebirth getting twitchy, but it was noticeable all the same. The traces of flame in the aura of one identified her as the current host of the majority of the Phoenix force - the Summers girl no doubt - but the other was unknown to her but appeared to be a male. It was possible he was trying to bind Summers to his will, which Song couldn't allow. That had been tried before but it never stuck, and even backfired. She doubted there was a psychic alive that could truly cage the fire bird.

Hmm, well...with the possible exception of Song herself.

She'd have to be careful about it though. So, first a look at the two combatants. Both were using the standard tactics of putting up mental walls and slamming at each other with sheer force, which was so barbaric and obvious to Song that it made her physical body roll its eyes. No-one ever seemed to spot the glaring flaw in that tactic; namely that the shielding walls were never as powerful as you thought. After all, they were both sending a great deal of psychic power out to strike at the other, and if something could get out through their defences something else could get in. It was like leaving the gates of Troy wide open. Deciding she needed to know more about the second fighter, Song used a trickle of power, small enough that it wouldn't be noticed next to the hammering assault pouring outwards, to slip in through those 'gates' in his mental wall. Time to see what this one was up to

Edited by Lord of Adders Black

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Fauna

As she flew, Fauna thought back to long time ago, and to an address that she had nearly forgotten. Suddenly, she knew where to go, and what to do.

IC: Winter

Winter wandered the streets of New York, unsure of what she was looking for. A group of rowdy looking thugs caught her attention. Winter wrinkled her nose and created a wall of ice only about four inches tall directly in position to trip the first thug. As she turned away from them, she noticed a small group of people talking a distance away. Curious as always, Winter casually strolled up to them.

IC:Though from an outside perspective it seemed to be a battle of force, it was truly anything but.

Ashlynn was throwing as much strength into her attacks as she could, but Marcus himself was playing a different game. Holed up behind his wall, he manipulated her emotional response and diverted her attention to achieve his goals. And now, he'd managed to get inside her head.Were it not for his specific strategy, he would not have noticed Song's intrusion at all. As it was, the difference in mental signature was enough for him to take note. Her advance was halted by a separate defense, one note quite as strong, bit still enough to stop her. What is your business here? He sent to the investigative tendril of consciousness.

On the warfront, he mentally grimaced. Ashlynn's last attack had almost been enough to shake his defenses, but the metaphorical wall remained in place. If she struck quickly, she might have a shot.But such a quick strike was unlikely. Though she believed she had eliminated all of the tendrils that made their way into her mind, she had missed a few. These few were busy rifling through her memories, searching for the most horrific of them. Already they had found a handful, and were quickly finding out who and what she found important in her life.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Julia, Shaw, Malus

"John."

In moments, Julia was right in front of her brother.

"You may be a lot of things: a fighter, a future husband, a mutant...an X-Man. But there is one thing you are most certainly not, and that is a monster."

Shaw squinted at Ben, as though scrutinizing him. There was a tense pause.

"My good friend Malus and I need transportation," he said, "tell me, have you ever been to California?"

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: While sending only a trickle of power meant Song wouldn't be able to batter any defences down (which was fine since she hadn't planned to) it gave other advantages. Namely, a sort of errant agility. The pressure of Marcus' advance against her caused her questing tendril to flutter around like a cobweb in a breeze, preventing him from gaining enough contact to try and read her.

Information, she answered, keeping responses short and only letting the cobweb of her intrusion briefly flutter against Marcus' own tendril, again to prevent him gleaning anything about her. Purpose?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:"Peace might be a bit of an exaggeration." Tera commented drily, shrugging. "Anyway. I need to get going. My parents wanted to talk to me, probably to try and get me to go to the Institute. Again.""Not like it'll work any better than the last several times they tried to convince me."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Tera paused for a moment, surprised, and truth be told, slightly embarrassed. She'd just indirectly insulted an institute of learning in front of one of its staff members.

After choosing her next words carefully, she spoke once more. "No disrespect, ma'am, but the X-Men are based out of that school. Those.... Terrorists are simply feeding back into the cycle again. It's because of the actions of the generation before us that mutants are so oppressed now. And by doing what they do, the X-Men are continuing that cycle.""I have nothing against the Institute itself; merely the team it harbors."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"Fighting the Brotherhood I can understand. That is, if nothing else, a necessary evil. It is attacks on Enforcer caravans, and patrolling the world like it is their job to keep the peace that causes problems."

A pause. "I apologize, miss. I must sound horribly insulting."

fK5oqYf.jpg