IC (Yuri)

Things had not gone as he had planned. He'd made a classic error, he had underestimated the enemy. He had assumed that a bombing run would have had the same effect upon them that it would upon a normal human. That had not been the case. It only told him how different those blasted mutants were from other humans. Humans would have scattered, would have tried to save their comrades. They wouldn't have risked their lives by charging into a prepared kill zone. The arrogance of those Mutants was astounding....but they had still escaped, and left him and his soldiers in chaos. He had slipped away then, with a few trusted fellows. He had failed them. The deaths of many a brave human soldier was on his shoulders. He would not fail them again. It was clear he was not ready to lead a war against the Mutants, not yet at least. The message he had left behind had said as much. He trusted his soldiers, they would not fall into chaos without him. They were better then that. They would rally. Plan.

And so they had. Yuri had done much the same....and now, it was time rejoin them once again. General Yuri Alexandrov, of the United States Armed Forces, looked out the window. This helicopter, painted in the ever-so-subtle black of his new employers, was seeing him to the Enforcers. They had no idea he was still alive of course. Very few people did....and most of them were drowning under the weight of a tidal wave of blackmail. The weakness of democracy, it was made up so many people.....and people had dirty secrets. It made them easy to manipulate. Congress was no exception.

OOC: Discussed this with Gravity. If this is out of line, I'll edit it accordingly.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Songbird

Eliminating as many of the tendrils as she could Ashlynn still focused on attacking the other telepath. She felt that she’d gotten rid of most of the hooks within her mind, but little did she know she’d missed a few. She quickly sent another strong wave of telepathic attack; slamming it into her attacker’s mental shield.

At the same time she diverted some of her focus to repairing her own mental wall, trying to fill in the cracks that her enemy had slipped through.

IC: Feral

The raven haired teen nodded slowly, “I guess you’re right.” He said as she slowly got to his feet. “Thanks Julia.” He said as he placed a hand on her shoulder. Something she’d said had struck him though. He was to be a future husband. How could anyone want to marry him? Knowing what he had inside him? That he was dangerous.

“Let’s go find the other’s.” he said as he began sprinting towards the way the other X-Men had fallen back too.

IC: Mimic

"I'm sorry Ma'am but he is still in critical condition there is no way visitors can be allowed at this time," the doctor said to Christine with an passive look. "Get the heII out of mah way!" Christine said as her hand flew forward and she shoved the doctor against the wall. She then brushed past him before slipping into the room Aleks was in. When she saw him she had to blink back tears. He looked terrible. Wires were sticking out of him, hooking him up to machines and running fluids into him.

There were doctors and nurses in the room tending to him, doing the best they could. She just stood there, looking at him. All because he had to save them, save the X-Men and her. Why couldn't he have just let them die? He was so stubborn. But so was she. She approached Aleks slowly, ignoring the glares of the hospital attendants.

"**** it Aleks were you trying to get yourself killed? You big Russian idiot." she said as tears dripped down her cheek. She quickly wiped them away.

IC:"Well, I've got to go." Tera said, shrugging slightly. "Like I said, my parents wanted to talk to me. I'd say see you around, but that would mean that my parents finally convinced me. Not a likely event."The teenager turned, and recommenced walking toward her home. Wasn't far away, a few blocks at most. Glancing at her watch, she began to jog. Well, I'm going to be late. Oh well. The extra ten minutes won't kill them.

"I'm home." She said, closing the door behind her, and sliding off her shoes. "The eggs were broken. Again. I'll run out later and buy some more.""Don't worry about it dear." Her dad called from what sounded like the living room, just around the corner. "I can make a trip later. Set down the groceries and come on over, we need to talk to you."Saw that coming. Tera thought to herself, setting down the groceries, and walking toward the next room. "Dad, we've had this conversation literally seven times now. I'm not going to-"Whatever she was going to say was cut short by the sight that greeted her in the living room. Her parents lingered awkwardly at the edges of the room, while seated in one of the armchairs was a very large, and quite distinctly blue, man. Tera's mouth closed, and exasperation turned to annoyance as she crossed her arms. The glare she shot her parents seemed to dare one of them to explain what was going on.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"What're ya listening to?"

"Hmm? Oh, uh...I was just listening to James Blake. Chill out music."

It had gotten to the point where the rain had cleared up, but even so Dallas had laid out a large blanket so that he and Corin could lean back whenever without getting soaked. The chronokinetic had stopped at Cinnabon; despite Corin's claims she didn't want anything to eat, Dallas could see that she was sneaking more frequent glances at the twelve-pack of cinnamon rolls even as he grabbed a second and rolled around his second frappuccino in its plastic glass.

"How's homework? Actually, uh...what's homework?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: CorinthiaAfternoonPark; Alameda, CACorinthia considered the question for a few seconds. "Well," she began, "it's going okay, I guess? I still have some of an, uh, essay to write, but I've got the outline done and the essay itself isn't due for, like, a few days. Math I finished. I'll read my biology textbook at home to put me to sleep tonight, 'cause, y'know, those biology textbooks are like sleeping pills-- Sorry, I'm rambling, aren't I?" Edited by Legolover-361

IC: Beast

“And you must be Tera,” the blue man in question said as he beamed at Tera with large yellow eyes. He could see the annoyance in her stance and her features. “I’m Dr. Hank McCoy, headmaster of the Xavier Institute,” he began. “I thought that perhaps we could have a small talk.” after a call from Tera's parents Hank had decided to head over to her home to speak with her.

They had told him that she was reluctant to go to the school and she even was anti X-Men. But Hank thought that perhaps he could break through to her. Honestly he was worried. Worried about his X-Men and if they were alive or dead, but this was one of his duties, recruiting new mutants who needed help and guidance.

IC:"Oh, we can talk. But I must warn you that it will be just that.""I must admit, I am surprised that you chose now of all times to try and convince another student to attend. Seeing as a significant portion of your current students are in the midst of a warzone." The teenager's posture and expression didn't change. Her tone was unwaveringly polite, almost eerily so.

"But of course that's probably par for the course with you, isn't it?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Beast

"I lost contact with them," Hank said. "Flying there myself when they shot down my other Blackbird seems to be a bad idea," Hank said. "They will contact me when they need assitance and when they are safe." he said. "Besides your parents really wanted me to talk to you, and this is part of my job," he said. "I enjoy coming into households and meeting young mutants such as yourself."

The large mutant then picked up his glass of water and took a sip. "I know your sentiments towards the X-Men," Hank said. "But we are not here to talk about them. We're here to talk about the institute and the school. You see they are two very separate things. Just because you attend the school does not mean you have to have anything to do with the team."

IC:"With respect sir, that's false.""Attending the school does not mean I will be on the team. But the Institute itself harbors and operates in full support of what is at best a team of mercenaries, and at worst, terrorists. By attending the Institute I am inextricably linked to a group that supports the X-Men.""I have no doubt of the capability or validity of your school. I take issue with its usage as a recruiting ground." The reply was calm, but firm. It was quite clearly an opinion that she'd voiced before.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Devlen/Richmond]

The man stood in the kitchen of the hotel room when Saphine walked into the room. There he had laid out a bowl of ice, syringes, a bottle of rubbing alcohol, and several small capsules filled with blood. He glanced up as Saphine came in, filling the final capsule. "Ah, you're back. Good to see you came out unharmed. Complete success I presume?"

[Kenneth/New York City]

Kenneth watched the scene silently; there wasn't much he could do after all. Nothing besides sit down and wait until the woman cried herself out. Then they could begin thinking this situation out, find out why they were in such a strange land.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC (Richmond, Saphine)

"Quite. They were unprepared for an attack. The local police and emergency personal were unable to respond due our countermeasures. If any mutant survived the attack, they bled out soon afterwards. I estimate a one hundred percent kill ratio. I can confirm an eighty to ninety percent kill ratio." Saphine paused for a moment, taking in the sight before her, before taking a breath and moving on. "The men have retired to their rooms. They were in high spirits...I do not believe morale will be a problem in the future." The gargoyle paused again, and reached into her briefcase. "I took the liberty of drawing up a detailed report on the operation, as well as the response the city. As expected, opinion is split on the matter, but over twenty-five percent of those polled could be called highly sympathetic to our cause." A full ten percent above her estimates.

IC (Lucia, New York)

Moments turned to minutes....it was some time before Lucia pulled herself off the filthy ground of the back alley and composed herself. Her eyes were swollen and red, but other then that, one would have difficulty telling she had been sobbing mere seconds earlier. "....I apologize. I should have...." She trailed off, searching for the words. "...It will not happen again." Emotions were of little use here. They were in an unknown land, an unknown time. She simply did not have time for such things.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Dallas laughed airily: it was a soft, musical sound, pure to the ears and as warm as the blanket beneath them. The Californian (e)X-Man took another bite of cinnamon bun and washed it down with some coffee, looking across the park and out into the street. After a second, he turned back to Corinthia, blue eyes fizzing playfully. "It's cool. I like hearing you rant." -Tyler Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ashley

The moment Ashley had seen the park, she'd practically vanished from sight, if anyone had taken their eyes off her for even a second they'd probably lose her. She found herself in a patch of woods within the park itself. She found herself marveling the tall massive trees that covered up the sun.

She went up to one of the bigger trees and put a hand on it, looking like she was listening intently as she stared up a bit at the tree.

"ACHOO!" Ashley suddenly sneezed, throwing her concentration off, she wondered if standing out in the rain had been such a good idea after all, her clothes were drying but still kinda soaked, and there was a slight wind blowing that gave her chills.

She rubbed her nose and then went back to looking at the tree intently.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:"You might want to find someplace a bit sunnier to be." Alistair commented to Ashley, setting his bag down next to one of the trees. "It's rather windy today, and we're all a bit soaked. And I don't imagine that's too comfortable."The British teen, leaned on one of the trees, watching the other teenager. He'd never seen a mutant with her exact skill set, so it was an interesting subject. Not to mention, the Thunderbird would most likely appear soon. And she was the one he needed to keep a close eye on.

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Well I am a bit cold...but I can't talk to the trees if I'm not next to them...at least not easily..." Ashley responded, not even looking away from the tree. "This one seems healthy." She said finally, moving to another tree and repeating the process.

"ACHOO!"

IC:"You really should go somewhere sunnier. Because clearly you aren't reacting well to the combination of water and wind." Alistair commented, raising an eyebrow. "Besides. The trees will still be here once you've warmed up a bit."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Lux/Alameda]

The British teen was obviously daft, because Lux had never left the scene, continuing to trail behind Ashley in a totally-not-hovering sort of way. She observed the girl's odd behavior towards the trees, deciding she must be some sort of gifted herbalist. Perhaps that would help jog her memory.

"The historian is correct. You're not well out here."

[Kenneth/New York City]

"Perhaps." Kenneth stood, resting on his staff; a small shard of glass still stuck out of his foot, seemingly unnoticed. "Where do suspect we've lead ourselves to?"

[Devlen/Richmond]

"Positive results. Always good." Devlen removed the capsule, looking at the dark blood for a moment before sitting it down. He reached under the counter to a cabinet, pulling out a metallic suitcase. Inputting a code he opened it, then, carefully, placed the capsules of blood into pre-made slots. He pushed down an inner lid, plugging a cable into the appropriate slot. The case hummed quietly as he closed it, then placed it back under the sink. "My apologies for that. I didn't expect you to be back for a few more minutes."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: CorinthiaAfternoonPark; Alameda, CA"...Oh." Corinthia's gaze dropped to her lap in reflex. "Um, well, in that case, I may as well talk your ears off." She giggled a little to make the joke seem funnier. "Haha, kidding, because I, uh, don't have much to say, really -- like, when I do, I do, if you get what I mean, but sometimes I get really tongue-tied..."Stop. If this guy doesn't like you, the sky is pink -- don't blow it!"Sorry," Corinthia said reflexively, then remembered Dallas's reassurance and bit down a second iteration of the phrase.The sky was gray at the moment. Columns of light fell upon the ground through gaps in the clouds. What had once been a moderate rain was now a drizzle; the residue moisture in the air had lighted upon the park grass like a transparent veil that shimmered whenever the wind moved it, creating waves of light random to the inexperienced eye yet on a higher level of order than any creation of mankind. Corinthia stared at the grass at length, suddenly as pensive as she had been back in Starbucks.She sipped the last of her coffee, considered tossing the empty cup into the trash can from afar, then decided against it and threw it out the old-fashioned way: walk, toss, return.

IC (Saphine)

"If I could not control my instincts, I would not have lasted this long. Do not concern yourself." Saphine reached into her briefcase of wonder yet again, producing the minutes of a few recent government meetings. "Interesting developments in the American government. Reportedly, the digital security of more then three dozen senators has been compromised. The investigation turned up nothing. I looked over the files myself. Our senator was most helpful. Whoever was behind this was skilled. I suspect Brotherhood influence, Quicksilver might have finally wised up."

IC (Lucia)

Lucia nodded. "I suspect....I suspect we have been sent into the future. The only beings who spoke our languages were old.....very old. It is hard not to draw.....certain conclusions from that." Lucia dug into her robes for a moment, producing a small scroll. "I know a spell that may be of use.....but I am hesitant to use it in the open. I....we do not know much about this place."

Edited by Basilisk

Ashley sighed, taking her hand off the tree. "I guess you're both right..." She stepped toward the two, shivering a bit. "I should have brought a jacket..." She said, then she immediately covered her face with her arm. "Achoo!"

IC:Alistair paused for a moment, then bent over and rummaged through his bag. He'd just come back from further north, it should still... A moment later, he straightened, and tossed her a light weight sweatshirt. "Here."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Thank you." Ashley took the sweatshirt gratefully and put it on over her damp clothes. While it helped a lot they were still in the shade, Ashley started to walk toward the open area of the park. "I'm not sure why I ever lived up in New York, it was way too cold there."

IC:Alistair slipped the carry strap of his bag over his head, and followed at an even pace. "I actually find this region of the world to be unusually warm. But then again, I spent most of my childhood in England, where it rained more often than not, and was eternally damp.""Great place, though. Full of old world culture."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"I don't mind the rain so much, I just don't do that well in the cold." Ashley replied as they walked, the sun was shining and hitting them dead on with it's light, this seemed to brighten Ashley up dramatically.

"Achoo!" She still seemed to have the sniffles though. "Excuse me." She said apologetically. "I hope I didn't catch a cold."

IC:"Should clear up once you're dry and warm. And, given the usual California weather, that shouldn't take too long." He paused, slipping his hands into his pockets. "If you don't mind me asking, why were you in New York?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Come on, Maybelline! If we hurry up, we'll beat the other ladies from the East Wing to the cafeteria in time to grab some pudding cups!"

From down the hallway Christine had just come from, Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle sprinted along, pushing a wheelchair with a happy looking elderly woman and taking a right turn. Brooklyn saw her best friend and waved cheerfully before slowing down enough to make a turn and heading back towards the food court of the hospital.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"...."Quite suddenly, Rebekah vanished in a blur, reappearing seconds later next to Brooklyn. She quickly matched pace to the running teen, staying right next to her. "Brooklyn? When did you get here?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"Ah." A vague recollection surfaced, a video of the attack on DC. Plants had burst through the Sentinels, destroying them from the inside out. "If you don't mind me asking, because it's a personal question, why'd you leave? Because you were one of them, weren't you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ashley sighed, a somewhat awkward silence followed for a few seconds. "Yeah, I was an X-men, for a little while..." She admitted. "Fighting Sentinels was one thing, they're just machines, and we really didn't have much of a choice either. But then Weapon X came...and they took us..." She stopped biting her lower lip. "Anyway, I'm not cut out for that kind of thing, I know that now. I don't like fighting."

IC:"Weapon X....." It was a name he'd heard a few times before. Not in much detail, but he knew who they were, and what their methods were. "I'm sorry to hear about that.""But on the other count... It takes more to refrain from fighting than it does to fight."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"That's a good thing. Even those who do fight should never do so lightly." The teenager paused. "It is good that war should be so terrible, else we might grow too fond of it. That's the paraphrased version, but still very applicable."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Fauna

Fauna landed in front of the small, tidy house. "Well, there's no turning back now." she thought to herself, taking a deep breath. Slowly and deliberately, Fauna walked up to the front door. She forced herself to knock. After a few seconds, a woman who looked to be about in her mid-thirties answered the door. Fauna had intended to stay composed, but when she saw this older version of herself, she burst into tears. "Oh, Mom." she sobbed.

IC: With things seeming to bring themselves under control around the Helicarrier, Siegfried found himself once again standing on the edge of the deck, looking out into the open air.

With a frown, he stepped off of the deck, plummeting towards the river below. Electricity raced across his body before his body suddenly changed directions, shooting forward towards no particular destination. With things so quiet as far as the Asgardian could tell, there seemed to be little reason to hand around unless called in. So until then, Siegfried was intent on returning to his routine.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~