OOC: Amended after discussion with The Snark Knight. :) Victor Maximoff

Name: Victor MaximoffCodename: CambionAge: 25Gender: MaleFaction: UnalignedPowers: Victor has been gifted with the mutant abilities of self-molecular manipulation and electromagnetic manipulation. He has a latent ability to use chaos magic.Self-molecular manipulation He is able to use this ability to shape-shift, most often changing details about him in order to better shadow others. He can change his hair colour, eye colour, skin pigmentation, and even subtly alter his facial structure and the shape of his nose. He is limited to humanoid shapes, but may develop more skill in the application of this power.Chaos magic He can activate a field of good luck that effects himself. It has a marginal effect on his odds. If he comes into physical contact with someone, his or her physical functions can be slightly disrupted. Electromagnetic manipulation Victor has yet to really discover this particular ability. However, its latent manifestation allows him to absorb raw electricity through physical contact.Appearance: Victor is a medium-built young man of average height, with dark brown hair that he keeps at a proper length. He finds the costumes worn by most other mutants to be tacky, and instead wears customized clothes that generally range from formalwear to business casual. His eyes are a warm brown, and he is moderately handsome, albeit in a nondescript way.Victor always wears a plain silver ring set with a sun-coloured gemstone, and a black pair of glasses with metal strips down their temple arms. Weapons: Victor abhors firearms and leaving a mess behind, although he does have some equipment which he uses for his jobs. These generally amount to cameras for surveillance, bugs, and some disguises. He keeps a needle made of anti-metal and a small saw-toothed adamantium knife well hidden on his person. The soles of his shoes are also lined with Vibranium.Skills: Thanks to his mutant powers, Victor is decent at shadowing people, and infiltrating. He is also an adept hacker, and can usually get past password protection once he is within a facility. Getting past firewalls and doing off-site hacking is way beyond his skill level. To better facilitate the use of his shapeshifting, Victor has learned to pose as others, and is able to smoothly pick up on changes in behavioural cues and body language. This is assisted by his eidetic memory. Victor has trained in one or two martial arts, in order to maintain his physical fitness. While he is well-trained in Muay Thai and Krav Maga, he is a poor grappler and ground fighter. He is also an avid swimmer. He hates the use of firearms, as his near-sightedness leaves him a woefully poor marksman. Personality: Victor is damaged individual, due to the trauma he suffered at an early age. He suffers from attachment disorder and is driven primarily by self-interest. On a positive note, his attachment disorder allows him to get along with new acquaintances and strangers with ease. He feels a sense of sympathy with the Brotherhood, but believes in taking an easy road in mutant/human relations. The most important thing in his life is the security of his position, and he does not believe in sacrificing assets without making some form of significant gain in return. As such, he is usually quite cautious, and is not prone to taking risks or pushing his luck. While he is an unambitious fellow, Victor is obsessive about the jobs he takes, and has an almost inhuman dedication to the details of his missions. Lately, he has been plagued with flashes of uncharacteristic selflessness.Weakness:Underdeveloped mutant powers He has stuck to the human world, and is most used to dealing with humans. He has not explored the potential of his powers, which would put him at a severe disadvantage against other mutants.Pride Cambion is obsessive about his work and success. He rationalizes defeats, failures or mistakes away. It takes a lot for him to concede that he has to learn, and even more for him to admit he was wrong.Addiction Victor was aware of the descent of his mother into madness and has a fear of delving too deeply into his chthonic powers. This fear is well founded. If he uses these abilities too frequently or descends too deeply into them without training, their use may cause severe spells (or even permanent) mental instability. It is important to note that insanity and the loss of control does not result in greater strength or effectiveness when using Chaos Magic. To top it all off, chaos magic is a force that demands addiction. If Victor does not use this power frequently enough, his hexes may backfire.Personality Despite his heritage, Victor lacks vision. He has found success playing in the smaller pond that is the homo sapien world, and if he had his way, would stay in his comfortable life. He is not a risk-taker by nature. This is further complicated by the subconscious desire he has to achieve success. Pyrophobia Thanks to memories of his childhood, Victor has a severe form of pyrophobia.Ornithophobia Victor suffers from a fear of birds, and really, anything with birdlike wings. Suffice it to say, he does not feed pigeons in the park. This is primarily directed towards raptors.Near-sightedness Victor is nearsighted, and needs his glasses or contact lenses. Even with his glasses, he is a terrible shot. Due to his obsession with not failing, he refuses to use a weapon which he knows probably miss a target with. Biography: Victor was born to Wanda Maximoff on Wundagore Mountain. Due to unknown complications surrounding his birth, he was not in the care of his parents for the first five years of his life. Instead, during these childhood years, he was raised by his grandfather. Eventually, he was returned to his mother and father. When the Phoenix attacked, the boy was abducted in the midst of the confusion, disappearing for another ten years. Victor emerged a number of years ago, and has gained notoriety and anonymity as Cambion, a faceless expert in corporate espionage. He avoids mutants like the plague, and has grown accustomed to living in the human world, and has an apartment in Noho.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC: Jeffery Pryde - Hospital, Las Vegas -

Jeff jerked in surprise as Fox appeared, he stared at him for a moment before finding his voice. "I'm fairly certain I have a concussion, my arms have been restrained to the bed with cuffs, and I think I've been drugged with something that disables my powers....so no, I'm not okay!" Jeff snapped, obviously not in the best mood and a bit panicked.

"Sorry..." Jeff realized that taking out his frustrations on his would-be rescuer was a horrible idea.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: After the revisions Victor looks fine to me. Approval +1. Now you just need a second staff approval.

Also take note that Victor has a sister in game called Rosalina, but the player and said character have been inactive for over three months maybe more and it seems they may never return.

IC: Beast

Hank looked away from Tera. “There are three children of Jean Grey.” Hank said. “Two of which are still around, the third has vanished.” Ashlynn had told Hank about what had happened in Canada. He’d been so busy with the school’s restorations he’d overlooked it. He’d wanted to believe that it was a one time thing. That Ashlynn didn’t really possess the Phoenix… but now it seemed there was no denying the fact.

“I just hope she didn’t hurt anyone.”

IC:"Well, I suppose you'll only find out once you've got them all back here." Tera grabbed her things out of the back seat, balacing one bag on her shoulder, and holding the other in her right hand. "Which, speaking of which, how do you intend to do that?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Well, he's bad news. Like the kind of bad news where not only did Alex Rodriguez get traded to the Red Sox, but he got traded to the Red Sox for your brand new sports car. If Alex Rodriguez were wanted by the United Nations for terrorism - which, in fairness, he should be - had a cartel of the meanest, leanest manservants in the world - which, in fairness, he does - and was one of the top five hackers in the world. That bad."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Approval (2)

IC:"You know that's pretty much a death sentence, right? One 'bird got shot down already, shooting down the second one would be easy. And if you land outside the city and enter on foot, you get attacked for being a mutant. And I think you're unregistered, so they can legally do it, too." Tera raised an eyebrow."Any other ideas?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Welcome to the RP Madara

"Not at the moment no," Hank said. "Unless I can get them to meet me outside the city, if they can make it there alive." Beast said. "They're best may be to lay low until the Enforcer's leave the area," he said as he walked up the steps to the school.

"When I last watched the News it seemed that the Enforcer's had mopped up most of the assassins, we'd only have to worry about them now."

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC:

"Did I hear that right?"

A slow flapping of purest white wings caused Hank and Tera to turn around and see a young man who looked almost like an angel - an actual angel - descended from on high: he landed lightly on his feet in the middle of the field and approached them calmly. The angel was dressed in human clothes, a simple tight v-neck, some skinny jeans, a gel bracelet or two and a beanie, from which soft black hair fell down smooth, fair skin. Under the raven tresses were two almost superhuman ultramarine eyes that shone with a curiosity cocktail, served on the rocks with a chaser of fear. His hands jingled two golden coins lightly, twirling them between the fingers, letting them contact each other in the lightest of scrapes every now and then.

"You're thinking of flying the spare Blackbird into Vegas, Hank?" Alaric asked skeptically.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Uhm, there's this lady in a parka, and this guy with really long claws," He explained.

He had noticed Tera's presence, but he hadn't sensed any unusual amounts of electricity from her.

"And what's this about TVs? I haven't gotten anyone to turn one on for me..."

He then saw Alaric.

"Dude. You got wings...

I wish I had wings."

o-o

Somewhere, in the mansion, a phone began to ring. Christopher (in disguise of course) stood in a phone booth tapping his foot as he waited for the line to pick up.

IC:

Rebekah walked alongside her friend, roaming around the hospital without an apparent reason. Not that she minded; it was good to take a walk. She’d been in the waiting room for far too long to be comfortable.

But more than that, it was a chance to think. She’d done not much but for the past few hours, and it wasn’t a habit that was going away. The ramifications of Aleks’ condition had been slow in hitting her, but they did, sliding up unnoticed behind her. The Russian has nearly died. He had died, and it had been very close to being permanent. It was a sobering reversal, to be the one worrying, not the one dying.

She knew all too well what Aleks had gone through. It starts out with an incredible pain, a pain so great you almost lose consciousness from the sensation alone. But then it starts to deaden. The pain slowly recedes, even as the rest of your senses start to go fuzzy and your body functions fail you one by one. After a while, you want the pain back, if only as a reminder that you aren’t dead yet. The muscles are the first to go, the first sign of the human body’s treachery. Your nerves start to die next, slowly cutting off the feedback to the brain. Your mind and eyes start to go fuzzy, and you lose the ability to see or think straight. Then it slowly shuts down completely, with your heart the very last organ to go.At least, that was how it had been for her. The second time was quicker, a sudden breakdown rather than a slow decline, but the steps had been the same. Both times could have been the current call, just the same as it could have been lights out for Aleks, too. So sudden an occurrence. You never thought those closest to you could go, until they almost do.

She’d almost lost one of a handful of friends she had. So many things that she could have done, should have done, had made themselves clear. Conversations that were never had, movies that were never seen. Poker nights never attended. So many things that seemed trivial, only to become dearly important when they are threatened.

And in the midst of these thoughts, an epiphany had made itself clear. With the way her life had gone, she could go without warning. A single battlefield rescue, a usage of her powers too strenuous. And she wouldn‘t luck out a third time. Why waste time leaving things unsaid, if there was a chance they would never be said?

Never put off for tomorrow what you could do today. “Hey Brook? Can I talk to you for a sec?”

IC:"Well. That sounds joyous." James commented, eyebrow raised. "Any idea of his whereabouts? Or how we're suposed to find and take down someone who could hijack the Helicarrier?"IC:Tera's eyebrows raised several notches. Mutants with wings weren't exactly new, but they were hardly flying around New York like pidgeons. She'd never met one in person."Sounds like it."IC:

Marcus could feel his defenses take a beating. In fact, that last attack would have left him momentarily defenseless, if some of the force hadn't been robbed due to her diverted concentration. The Phoenix is a significant threat. I seek to contain it through whatever methods are necessary. He thought, in reply to Song.In the mean time, behind Ashlynn's mind, memories started to appear. One by one, she was being forced to remember Jeremy's death, Alaric's death, the despair when she'd been captured by Weapon X. Beast once more was shot and bleeding in her mind, one image in a series of death and despair. But the topper on the cake wasn't a memory at all, but a figment of the imagination. It was how she'd always pictured her mother, when she killed the original X-Men.Marcus was finding what memories pained her, and using them against her.

fK5oqYf.jpg

“We have to do something,” Hank said. “We can’t leave them all there to die.” The large blue furred mutant said. As he watched Alaric land with his wings spread Hank couldn’t help but notice how much Ric reminded him of his father. It was still strange having Warren back sometimes, Hank had become used to all of his friends being lost.

IC: Songbird

Suddenly the world for Ashlynn morphed again. She saw a flash of Jeremy’s face as the fire poured over him, burning him away. She saw the pain and agony on his face. Then she saw Alaric lying on the ground bleeding. She felt the pain again, and the anger she'd felt when she'd see Alaric die. The one person in this world who understood her, who loved her. Then it was Beast, lying on the cold metal floor of the War-Room while his blood slowly pooled out, his hear barely beating.

Finally she saw something new. She saw herself. But it wasn’t her. It was her mother. The resemblance was striking. Her mother was wearing a tight crimson and yellow suit that bore the symbol of the Phoenix upon it. Her eyes seemed to glow with an unnatural white light as her crimson hair fluttered around her. Red and orange flames rolled around her as the massive bird of flame shifted its wings and reared back, ready to pounce.

She saw them now. The X-Men. They were rushing at her mother; trying to do anything they could to stop her. Cyclops unleashed a blast at her. At his own ex-wife. Then the bird of flame flew forward, engulfing the X-Men before they had a chance; burning them, turning them into nothing but ashes.

It was almost too much for Ashlynn to see. Ashes that’s what they’d become, that’s what she’d done to Jeremy. Was that some kind of sick joke her parents had named her Ashlyn? Had they known this would happen to her? No, they couldn’t of. It had been before her mother had killed them all.

Ashlynn shook her head, disoriented and hurt from the illusions. Her defenses had been down during the illusion. It had saddened her but also infuriated her. How dare this person show her these visions. How dare they look into her head.

Stop it now! She roared telepathically as she unleashed a powerful attack with her level 9 telepathy. He was still in her head, she fought viciously to try to delete every hook that had been placed in her mind.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC:Don't you see?A "voice" echoed through Ashlynn's mind, even as the images ceased. The attack she'd thrown was powerful, but the lull n her attacks had allowed the Illusionist to build his defenses back up.I'm trying to prevent this from happening again.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Don't be stupid."

Tera and Warren's heads both snapped towards Ric, wondering whether he knew what exactly he was saying to the public face of the pro-mutant right's cause and what kind of consequences it would have; Beast, however, didn't react to the admonishment from his oldest and most trusted X-Man, so Ric walked until he caught up with the rest of the group and then squeezed Beast by the shoulders.

"What is it you're not telling me? What's so in Vegas?"

"It's Ashlynn, Ric. There have been reports of the Phoenix Force...we don't know what happened yet."

A fuse lit, a slow, meandering burn that slowly began in Alaric's eyes and quickly down the rest of his body as his muscles twitched and froze, his posture stiffened, and his brain - already three times the speed of a normal human's - began working overtime to comprehend Beast's statement.

"What?"

The fuse hissed and fizzed defiantly, moving ever-closer to the boom.

"As Tera said, green flames were seen in the shape of a massive bird. We can't be certain... but we all know the signs," Hank said. Ric knew them better then anyone, he'd been the reason Ash had first tapped into the shard of the Phoenix within her.

Oh, Christ, Ashlynn. What have you done?

"Let me go to Vegas."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Better tactic, Song's mental presence hissed at Marcus, Lower your defences. Let her enter your mind. Then raise defences again. Greater portion of her power will be cut off from her mind, trapped inside your head. If you can contain that part of her, I can try to get into her head and shut her down. With her psychic power split against us we should be able to cage the firebird.

She was using longer words and sentences now she knew the psychic was on the same page as her, but kept things at a staccato beat just in case he tried roping in two psychics. A truce was not a friendship

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Songbird

It won’t happen again, I’m leaving civilization… I will find a way to control this on my own. I won’t let that ever happen. She sent back.

“Ric are you sure about this? How will you even get there?”

Edited by Flex Capacitor

IC: Shaw, Malus, Demon

In an instant, Shaw, Malus, and Ben appeared in the Silicon valley. Malus breathed in slowly and looked up at the sky. There was a pause...

Once again, Demon was traveling through the clouds, heading north. Suddenly, he felt something. A tug, perhaps, was the best way to describe it. With every passing second, it intensified, and he noticed himself gradually getting closer to the ground, until he could maintain his elevation no longer. His electric form spiraled out of control and screamed towards the ground in the form of a lightning bolt.

And once again, he hit the ground.

At that same moment, Malus opened his eyes.

"About five and a half miles due north. Think you can take us there?"

67tlbk.png

IC: Jeffery Pryde - Hospital, Las Vegas -

Jeff felt his wrists, they looked a bit raw and bruised from how much he'd yanked on the restraints, it was really unnerving for him to be unable to use his powers, it had never happened before. He just really hoped his powers would return soon.

"Thanks." He said to Fox as he tried to climb off the bed, though he found it a much more difficult task then he'd bargained for as he nearly collapsed onto his knees. He was able to use the bed to support himself, and keep himself standing, though everything was spinning, and he felt very dizzy and lightheaded. It was obvious he shouldn't be walking about much less actually getting out of bed.

"We have to find Gabriel..."

IC KnowerI didn't move for a long time.A wave of psyhic energy struck me, like a ripple of water hits a rock driving out of a lake. Even now, I could still feel the aftershocks of the tremor. He signal was faint; too faint to get a quality pattern off of but still strong enough to shake me to the core. "What was that?" I thought nervously. Getting up from the holograph projector, I began walking to my room. Helicarrier staff shuffled out of my way as I walked; they all knew my tendency to walk in a straight line and run over anything in my way. At last, I reached my room.The room was an utter mess, with papers scattered everywhere, books off offhand shelves, bed unmade, and numerous cardboard boxes-one of which had been stomped on-on the floor. It took me a while to remember that I had caused this mess. Sitting down in my chair, I closed my eyes and began to focus. I couldn't do psionic work with my mind as cluttered as it was; I needed time to centre myself. Slowly, a feeling of calm entered my mind. After a while, I felt ready.Reaching for a pendulum and a circle chart of some sorts, I began to draw. Whenever the pendulum told me to, I would draw a line, connecting it to the dot that "felt right". After a while, I disposed of the pendulum and just followed my instincts, based on what I had experienced from the tremor. In a few minutes, I had my pattern ready.It was here that I noticed something strange. Most energy patterns, Berber the etheric body of an individual or the dogbanes or a thoughtform were just an abstract series of lines. However, this pattern had a definitive, if rather crude, shape. A bird, head turned to the right, wings outstretched in a "Y" shape, and with no legs. On paper, it was just a toddler's rendition of a bird. But somehow felt... off. OOC Flex had it in his signature a while ago. Something like a golden bird. It should look like that, except simplified.

OOC: Wow. Good to see you 'round these parts, Mads.

IC: Nero sat against a wall in the building the X-Men were taking cover in, resting in human form while a plan was formulated. He was doing his best to keep an ear out for any surprises, but it was proving harder than he'd first imagined. The further enhanced hearing was still taking some getting used to, and Nero wasn't exactly at 100% anyway. Still, he tried to remain as vigilant as possible.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

"I would like to go..." Warren said, "Because I'm pretty sure missiles are electrical-based, and I could easily shut them off..."

"Except I'm the new guy (and my mom would totally kill me if she found out I used my powers to do anything like that), and the fact that the plane would explode almost the second after I set foot in it."

He looked around at the other three, who seemed to know what they were talking about. Then him. The new kid on the block. Even compared to Tera, he got the feeling that her powers had been around much longer than his.

"Uhm, is there something I could do to help? Anything?"

o-o

IC:"...""I think we can safely say the kid isn't going." Tera commented, after staring at Warren for a moment. "Because I don't know about anyone else, but I'd rather not have plane debris raining down on the state."

fK5oqYf.jpg

Hank’s first thought was that he hoped that Ric could fly the plane there without it getting shot down but then he realized he didn’t care. As long as Ric got all of his X-Men back here safe and alive it didn’t matter.

“I will trust you on this Ric, but promise me you’ll bring them all back?” Hank said as his yellow eyes stared into Ric’s. He then glanced at Warren, “We will find a way for you to help but destroying the plane won’t be a good start. It would be better if you remained here.”

IC:

"I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep the family safe," Alaric said carefully, spinning his ring around his finger. It wasn't an answer to Beast's question, but at the same time, it was. The hyperkinetic reached out and hugged the headmaster.

"You've been a father, Hank. Thank you."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

“And you’ve been like my son,” Hank said as he hugged Alaric back. “So you better come back.” Hank said. He’d never had any children of his own. So in a way Alaric, Ashlynn, John, they’d become his kids. He’d watched them grow up and raised them when their parents weren’t around to do it.

IC:Tera turned away from Beast and Alaric, toward the other two people present. The scene behind her wasn't her business, and she had no intention of making it her's. "Excuse me. Which way to the dorms? I need to drop my things off." Francesca seemed to be the one handling tours, so she seemed the right person to ask.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Fauna

How her mom had convinced the doctor's to let her leave after only having stitches, Fauna had no idea. After many tearful goodbyes and promises to stay in touch, Fauna was ready to go back and find out what had happened to her team.

If a birds mouth could drop open, it would have when Fauna saw what remained of this section of the city. With no other plan, she decided to just hang around about a block away until something interesting happened.

IC: Nathan

I was content to let the others discuss what we were going to do next for the moment as I sat down on the floor, being careful not to hurt my wing anymore than it already was. The pain was agonizing enough that I knew the bone structure had to be at least fractured in my right wing, it was probably worse though, I couldn't even fold that wing onto my back, it was too painful, it was somewhat bent awkwardly instead.

Jesika was sitting next to me, looking just as concerned about me as before. "I'll be okay Jesika...really. It will heal." I said, forcing a smile. Though my reassurance seemed to be just as ineffective as the last few times. To the point where it felt more like she was trying to take care of me instead of the other way around.

IC:

"Unless you want yourself to be shocked, no, not really," Warren said, giving Francesca a half-smile.

The phone was still ringing, and Cristopher stood in the phone booth, leaning against one of the walls. He watched traffic, feigning intrest.

What would be so important to not pick up the phone right now?

IC: Jesika

The girl was, at the moment, holding up well, all things considered. Well, she was worried about Nathan, his broken wing looked a lot worse than he was letting on, but she tried to listen to him, that it really wasn't that bad. For her own sake. Jesika glanced up Nathan, her expression a mix between doubt that he was telling the truth and concern for him.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Permission from Rawrmouse

IC: Feral (Las Vegas)

“What happened your wing?” John said as he leaned against the wall watching the others. John was worried about Liliana she hadn’t followed them into the building. Suddenly he smelt her scent and looked up at the doorway as the blonde mutant sauntered into the abandoned building. “I got tied up mopping up some assassins.” She smiled as she dissolved her ice-blades into water.

“Glad your okay.” John smiled at her.

“Why wouldn’t I be?” Icitine said as she ruffled her blonde tresses.

IC: Beast (X-Manor)

With his enhanced, cat-like hearing Beast picked up on the phone ringing in the great-hall from outside.

“Please excuse me,” he said as he quickly made his way inside before answering the phone.

“Hello?”

IC: Nathan

I looked up at John. "During all the chaos...I found Novocain...or he found me rather...." John and the others looked a bit shocked at this, we had all assumed Novocain had perished at Weapon X. "We fought, and I nearly killed the psycho...but he had a friend...I don't know who he was, but he had the power to absorb kinetic energy or something like that...he broke my wing and left with Novocain."