IC

"Whoa, buddy, that is definitely not foodsafe," Renè began, his smile broadening as he began to untie his apron. "But hey, I never could ref-"

"What he means to say," Angela interrupted, leaning with one elbow on the counter, a half-sweet caramel cappuccino held loosely in her other hand. "-is that he's coming with us. Skip the pleasantries, coffee boy-"

She took a sip of her drink.

"-and get in the car."

IC: Ashley

"Yeah...it's these damp clothes, I'd have to go all the way back home to get some dry ones." Ashley sighed. "I don't really want to leave the park just yet though, I just got here. I'm sure I'll be fine once my clothes dry some more."

Ashley felt a sneeze coming. "A fiddlesticks here it- ACHOO! -comes..."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Hold up a tic, we should make a couple for the road, in case we get thirsty," Dallas said, grabbing two bottles of mocha syrup and spinning them like John Wayne spun handguns around his hands. "You should see this ride, Renè, we got cupholders up the friggin' wazoo..."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:"Except outside in a cold wind, your clothes will take quite a while to dry. And by the time they do, you'll already have been miserable for quite a while." Alistair pointed out, shrugging. "But, I know next to nothing about it, so I really don't have any room to talk."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC

"Oh Thor," Angela sighed, watching as the two boys started running around behind the counter, throwing cups and syrups around like it was New Year's, the espresso machine humming as it was forced to spew more shots of creamy-brown coffee in five minutes than it had over the past week. Before another customer had entered the store, the bar was lined with specialty drinks, some piping hot, some icy cold, and all full to the brim with delicious liquids.

"You know, it's a good thing I'm quitting," Renè remarked as he slid a dirty chocolate chai along the counter. "I'd totally get fired if I didn't."

He stepped back and surveyed the line of beverages, and nodded in satisfaction.

"So, road trip anyone?"

IC - Cambion - Boston:

"I'm so sorry to disturb you, s-sir."

"Don't apologize. It makes you look Canadian." The handsome Swedish professor waved his hand dismissively when he only received a blank stare in return. "I know, I know. You're from Texas."

The mutant leaned forward with an outstretched hand. "Sir, the lecture recording, please, I don't wanna waste your time." Persson reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a disc, dropping it into his student's hand. "Thank yo-" "Wait." Cambion's gaze dropped to the floor, as Persson interrupted. "To be frank, Mr. McGarvy, I'm concerned. Your marks have been abysmal this semester."

"Yes, sir."

"I'm not paid to care about my students, but I admit, it bothers me to see what appears to be an obvious lack of self-discipline." The Swedish man rose to his feet and turned to a table at the window and began to pack a suitcase with a number of documents, continuing his lecture. "A lawyer's time is his money, and what you do with your time is your business. But if you are struggling with the workload or if you've started experimenting with chemistry in your spare time, I'd suggest you dedicate some time to seeing a counselor. It couldn't hurt. You need to have structure in your life. Build a spine-"

Cambion choked up suddenly, then let the floodgates open. It was surprising that Persson had a heart. "I know sir. It's just all the stress. It started with brownies, and now I'm spending easily two or three hundred a day on my fix. I don't know what to do." "You compassionate fool." While Persson droned on, attention still focused on his briefcase, Cambion had shuffled faux-awkwardly into a better stance, and crouched ever so slightly. It was a small office, lined with bookshelves. Even if the larger man was able to counter, the space would limit his reach. "I can take him." On the desk was a brass statuette of Lady Justice, with a heavy base.

"Success is something you must take. It's not too late, Louis. Go get yourself some help. If you need to, I'm willing to give you a W for the class this semester." The undercover agent had opened up another stack of files and was sorting them into the briefcase.

"Thank you, sir. Thank you. I won't take up anymore of your time." Cambion sprang forward, the vibranium lining in his shoes making his pounce noiseless as he planted his foot on the desk and snatched up the statuette with a smooth motion. It look less than 3/4 of a second for Cambion to bring his makeshift bludgeon down in a deadly arc, aimed at the base of the professor's skull.

OOC: Feel free to use Melker as you see fit, Flex. :)

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC:

"Wait! Hold up!"

Renè and Angela paused at the door to see Dallas balancing the tip jar on his collarbone with a cheeky smirk and a wink at the (now ex) barista. He tried to shrug, but the jar went sliding, and only quick reflexes and the heroism of Dallas' elbow saved the jar from smashing open on the ground.

"Almost forgot our villa money."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Eh, I'm just a little cold...I can handle that." She said, though the wind picked up for a moment and blew in her face as if to prove her wrong, causing her to shiver. "ACHOO!"

"I get less convincing with every sneeze don't I?"

IC:

"Well, I mean...I don't really, I guess..."

IC:

"Alright, Angela, you drive. I don't trust the Androgynous Avenger over here to let me drive without flicking me in the ear and spitting in my coffee or something."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Songbird

Ashlynn unleashed another telepathic assault upon her enemy. She kept herself guarded, building back up her walls. Now that she was inside his mind she quickly attempted to shut it down and cause him to become unconscious. She wasn’t interested in his information or his memories; she just wanted to be left alone.

IC: Beast

“I’ll get you out of here,” he said as he stood up. Hank then grabbed Tera with a massive hand and yanked her into the air before he jumped onto his desk. His massive clawed feet thumped on the desk. Hank smiled before he front flipped into the air. His toes curled around a metal piping and suspended Hank in the air. He held Tera close to him as he used his feet to pull them across the pipe and over the flames. Once they were free Hank dropped down flipping as he did so. His feet touched down on the floor and he lightly placed Tera down.

“It seems that the Danger Room has spread to the entire school,” Hank said. “Only sabotage or a horrendous power-shortage in the basement level could of done this.”

IC: NPC Melker

Melker had not been facing Cambion when he pounced and unleashed his deadly arc with the statuette. However his head had been turned in such a way he could see the reflection of his ginger haired student as he leapt onto the desk. Melker was always on alert. It was part of his job; his real job, which was that of an active SHIELD agent.

Melker ducked and the statuette hit the wall instead where his head had been a moment before. Persson popped upwards now as he unleashed a blow towards Cambion’s arm as he attempted to force him to drop the weapon.

“My, my Mr. McGarvy, assaulting your professor is never a good way to get your grades up,” he smiled. “I noticed your grades falling and it was a bit out of the ordinary, and that’s something I look for. Things out of order.” He said as he unleashed a kick at his own desk as he attempted to knock it over and send Cambion tumbling.

“You’re not what you appear to be Mr. McGarvy are you? But then again neither am I.”

IC:"Danger Room?" Tera commented, glancing about at the newly unleashed mayhem, before drily commenting, "Well that sounds positively joyous. My first day here and I'm already being shot at."

IC:"Alas, I do not. I don't have allergies and I haven't had a cold, so I didn't bother packing any with me." Alsiatir shrugged slightly. "Sorry."

IC:Marvus grinned to himself. Just as he and Song had anticipated. Shifting his defenses to prevent her from shutting down his mind, a fairly easy task given the broad scope of the attack, he quickly put his mental walls back up, effectively cutting her off. That done, the majority of Ashlynn's consciousness was now trapped, unable to defend her own body and mind.

The perfect opportunity for an as of yet unnoticed second telepath to move in.

IC:"You sure, Brooklyn? I mean, you were there as long as I was. Maybe a little bit more. And seeing as you were all but forced to experience some of my tale," She shrugged slightly at that comment. "It's only right that I listen to your's, if you want to talk about it.""Besides. I worry sometimes."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"Ah, that's alright...I guess I'll just start heading back, the trees can wait a bit longer." She got up off the bench, she wanted to stay in the park longer but she was starting to feel really miserable, the latte she had earlier seemed to have worn off as well, which just made her feel tired.

"ACHOO!" She sneezed into her arm. "Eck...I might have to wash this sweater before I give it back to you."

IC:"Quite a few things. I worry about what would happen if one day I weren't quite so lucky, I worry about the state of the ragtag militia we keep hidden in the basement." The darkhaired girl crossed her arms, staring off into space slightly. "I worry about Aleks, when he goes and does stupid things like this. I worry about Ric, who always seems to land himself in trouble. I worry about Warren sometimes too, and wonder whether or not he's as cheerful as he acts.""I worry about you sometimes, though when I think about it, there isn't too much to worry about."

IC: "Don't worry about it. I have a million and one just like it. One for each present my grandmother's ever given me for my birthday." He replied with amusement, matching pace and walking beside her.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC

"Boys," Angela sighed as she climbed into the driver's seat and started the car. Renè jumped into the backseat, juggling three trays of drinks with his powers, and hardly managed to close the door before the precognitive teen hit the gas, sending the vehicle roaring out of the parking lot.

As Angela took a sharp corner, one of the caramel macchiatos flew out of the tray, threatening to spill its sweet contents all over the backseat; it was only through the timely activation of his powers the Renè managed to stop the liquid in midair and funnel it back into the cup.

"Whoa, girl," the blonde teen laughed uneasily. "I control my own momentum, and I'm halfway to asking Dal to buckle me in here. What's the rush?"

Angela fixed her eyes on the horizon, the dread of a nameless darkness quivering in her voice.

"Kansas isn't far behind."

“Well at least you finished signing the wavers before this happened.” Hank grinned. “I believe being shot and possible incineration were listed.”

IC: Songbird

Part of Ashlynn’s consciousness was cut off from her now… but it was still within the Illusionists mind. She began digging her hooks deeper into his mind as she riffled through his memories trying to play the same game with him as he’d done with her. She attempted to cause as many painful memories as she could flash through his mind as she concentrated on shutting him down.

IC

"And sacrifice my dignity? I'm the son of Remy LeBeau! the most powerful kinetopath in the wor-"

The car swerved left, then right, before pulling back onto the highway, leaving Renè almost reclining in the backseat as he fought to control his own momentum as well as juggle the three trays full of delicious coffee drinks.

"Um, sure Dal, why not? I kinda like being alive, come to think of it."

"Oh? Does your grandma sew? I thought of trying to learn how myself once or twice but I always seem to put it off...along with lots of other things I've never tried...gardening can take up a lot of time..."

As they walked by Ashley waved at Dallas and Corn. "I'm going home to get a change of clothes!" She mentioned to Dallas as she passed.

Then she sneezed again. "Ah...."

IC: Adrian glanced around the room of the mansion he was in; a room that had suddenly chosen to shift from regular recreational room to laser spitting nightmare. It wasn't probing to be a situation made for panic, at least, as far as Adrian was concerned, but the overall opinion could not have been one of fun and games.

Sighing as a laser slashed across his chest, leaving a only a slight singe mark on his chest, but ruining his shirt, Adrian walked over to the door of the room, and began trying to remove the gate that had come slamming down in front of it.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:"She either sews or knows where a sweater surplus shop is." Alistair remarked, shaking his head. "At one holiday or another, I invariably will receive at least one sweater."IC:"Yes, I do believe that was on there..." She muttered, scanning the hall. "So in order to stop this, we have to make it to the basement, correct?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

“Yes that would be a good estimation of what we need to do,” Hank said. “Easier said then done I think.” He said as a group of robots charged around the hallway. One of them began blasting laser-fire at Beast while another one’s hand rotated as it spat bullets at him. He dove and then rolled bringing himself closer to the robots as he unleashed a powerful kick, knocking two of them back.

"Let's just hope Danger doesn't decide to get creative, there are worse things this simulation can create then robots."

IC: With a strong grunt, Adrian brought his impressive strength to bear on the gate, lifting it from the ground, and soon enough tearing it from the doorframe. Tossing the twisted metal to the side, Adrian stepped into the hallway, annoyed to find it in a state of chaos. Between students scurrying in various directions to avoid various simulated horrors and dangers, or various robots doing their best to make it a bad day for everyone, everything seemed to be going down in a handbasket.

With a sigh, Adrian began wading into the hallway.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Francesca could hear clunks and whirrs coming from the upper levels of the mansion. And then the occasional scream.

"Yeah. Yeah I think we should. Umm, how about we don't tell anyone we were down here?"

IC: The time was right. Song slipped in through the weakened defences of Ashlynn's mind, the lack of consciousness essentially eroding her walls to nothing.

Lets see, Marcus had been hitting her with torment. With memories of the terrors she'd committed already and the atrocities she could do if left alone. So the right tact to go now was balm. Calm her, soothe her, let her fear subside until she was left with nothing but quivering doubt.

She tapped into the preoptic area of the brain, and with a few feather light touches encouraged the thermoregulatory systems into believing the temperature was rising. Ashlynn should start to feel warm, but not uncomfortably hot. Just comfortable. Like being wrapped in blankets by the fireside as snow fell outside.

A few pain receptors were shut down, removing the ache from the Vegas battle and niggling jabs from all the little cuts and bruises she'd got there. This would do nothing for the fatigue though. All the flying she'd done had taken its toll on her muscles, fighting against Marcus would have worn down her mind even with her raw power. She would be tired, and with no more pain to distract her she'd be feeling all that tiredness like a lead sheet.

Finally the eyes. This was simple enough, Song just made them close. And made sure the memories Marcus had been using as ammunition were held back. Ashlynn would be feeling delightfully cosy, free of discomfort but weary to the bone, and would have untroubled darkness to retreat to. Perfect conditions to just relax and fall into unconsciousness.

Oh, one last touch. Song's mental presence implanted a lingering thought in Ashlynn's mind, one that would fill up her subconscious since Song was holding back everything else. Just one simple thought: Sleeeeeeeeeeeep

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Gabriel

It's tempting to close your eyes

And turn from the world But it's bittersweetLike you've somehow missed a beat With no restart

Staggering through the halls. Chains wrapped around your body. Mind is hazy. Vision is weak. The binds scrape against the floor. The noise hurts. You do not remember. Where are you. How did you get here. What is happening. Nothing answers. All alone. In empty hallways. The lights flicker. Something is happening. It's definitely not good. Collapse. Lying face-down on the white tiles. You need help.

None is coming.

IC:

"You're right," Warren added, nodding, "We best get back up there."

He started to head back the way they came from, only to find the way out of the sub-basement was sealed by a metal wall. Warren placed a hand upon it, looking at it as if he could see something that Francesca couldn't.

"It's a conductor," He stated frowning, "Well, if you think about it, almost all metals are a conductor... But I'm not sure if it's magnetic..."

He took a step back, and held his hands so that they were about an inch away from it. He then closed his eyes, as if he was trying to focus. After a half-minute of this, he put his arms down and turned back to Francesca.

"Nope. Not Magnetic. I can't do anything with it. Can you do that thing where you melt it please?"

IC: Madness

Do you know you suck at fighting?

Yes, Cain. Shut up-unf! My face!

Let me help you.

No-!

Here we go!

Madness' consciousness retreated to the back of his brain and Cain stood in Madness' place.

A robot's fist was about to land on Madness/Cain when it suddenly stopped.

Cain ducked under the fist and punched the underside of its arm. His own fists became a blur as he worked his way down the robot arm and eventually he punched it again.

The arm weakened, collapsed and Cain dodged from its descent.

Well.

Your turn now.

Madness' was returned control of his own body and he grinned.

This was becoming easier.

He telekinetically lifted the fallen robot appendage and slammed it into both robots, sending them staggering.

This was so fun.

"Wer Traumt?"

IC - Cambion - Boston:

The mutant paused, confusion written all over his face. "That perceptive old fox." Cambion's thoughts were icy. "Looks like S.H.I.E.L.D. really doesn't cut corners in their recruiting. I slip up, and I'll probably end up dead."

"What the #### do care?" Cambion loosened up, allowing the blow knock his arm aside, before tumbling into several stacks of neatly organised essays. "I've been dying for months now." "Technically true."

"You don't know the stress!" He grinned madly, as Persson smoothly kicked the desk over. "And I don't need a ####ing socialist telling me how to live my ######### life."

"10 minutes left before Agent Persson's due to leave." Cambion's hands rested on a flipped textbook. With a wild look in his eyes, the ginger hurled the book at "his" professor's face, while simultaneously throwing the statuette at the professor's nether regions.

With Persson's agility, at best, it would clip his leg. At worst, it'd break apart that lovely marble pyramid on the shelf. No, not marble the rock. Marble, the classical glass spherical children's toy.But, Cambion rushed forward. If the SHIELD agent shifted his footing to avoid the projectile, he'd be open for a rush from his 'student'.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC: Spirit

Will had followed the other X-Men into the building and was working on healing the more serious wounds first.

(OOC: I don’t remember who was hurt the most so if your character was badly hurt just say that Spirit healed them at least partially.)

IC: Silver Serpent

Susan was in the kitchen eating when all of a sudden the lights flickered, metal covered the windows and walls, and a laser gun popped out of the ceiling, Susan spotted this and the Biohesive immediately produce a semi-transparent shield around Susan and Sarah. “Is this supposed to happen?” She asked Sarah.

IC: Iron Bolt

Several people came and went passing by Walter including the person he was waiting for, however he didn’t notice this as he was fast asleep, exhausted from his trip here. He awoke to the sound of scraping metal and saw that the walls had been covered in metal and two robots had been released into the room. Walter raised his hands defensively and a lightning bolt jumped from his talons and fried one of the robots, he looked at his talons in amazement and a small smile appeared on his face. The second robot swung its fist at Walter but he ducked under it, moved behind it, and stabbed his talons into the back of its head, disabling it.

“I’m new here; does someone want to tell me what’s going on?” He yelled out.

OOC: One question; If the danger room could do this, WHY DIDN'T SOME ONE DO IT WHEN WEAPON-X ATTACKED!!!

Edited by Takanuvainika

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

OOC: Vainika, no one did it for a variety of reasons. A, doing so would harm the students just as much as any attackers. Too much of a risk. And B, it's not supposed to do it. This is a malfunction, not something that can easily be replicated.

IC:"That is very true. And they're useful for when the temperature drops around here." Alistair glanced up at the sun, which was still hanging in the middle of the sky. "Admittedly, though, I don't get very much use out of them here. They're most helpful when I travel."

IC:"Simulation..." Tera said under her breath to herself, a slight smirk drawing up the corners of her mouth. That meant none of these things were really alive. Which meant she didn't need to worry about inflicting harm.

She darted forward, keeping as low to the ground as possible, as she shot past Beast toward the robots he'd knocked back. They were in the process of recovering, and aiming once more. They didn't get the chance. Tera's hands shot up, and speared into their "torsos" with the sound of metal on metal. An instant, later, she pulled her hands back out as the robots crumpled to the ground.

"Well. We'd best get moving, then."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Yeah, if you were in New York right now they'd be a lot more useful." Ashley shivered just thinking about how cold it was on the east coast. "Gee thinking about the north makes me feel colder." They were about half way to Dallas' condo now.

"So, you've traveled a lot right? Have you been anywhere really exotic? ACHOO!"

IC:

"I'm pretty sure that it's not," The Shape-shifter said, frowning. She was pretty sure this never even had happened in her world.

Suddenly, a van pulled up to the building, which stopped violently as the brakes were hastily slammed. Christopher opened the door, got out, and slammed it behind him. Even with the memories of the van's owner, driving the thing was a pain in the rear. He entered the building where the X-Men were holed up, shifting back into is 'normal' appearance.

"Alright, I called the calvary," He announced, "I told Beast to send the plane to a town called Henderson. It isn't too far from where we are."

"I also got a van with me. I'm not driving that thing again."