IC:Alistair gave a wide smile, shaking his head. "Somehow I'm not surprised. But the thought of a flower suddenly dancing...." His smile widened. "Well, that's a hilarious thought."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Forced to post with my phone, will do Ash later.IC: Beast "Let's keep moving then," Hank said. "The Danger Room is a highly intricate simulation that uses alien tech to create life-like simulations for training. It has various levels all the way up to where It can actually kill you. From what I've seen the restraints seem to be off." "Are you sure your up to this Krystal?" A few hours before and she'd been quite injured.IC: NPC MelkerThe textbook was deflected by Melker's arm but it still smashed his own arm into his nose, causing a drip if crimson to run down his face. Simultaneously he jumped too the right, the statuette impacting his leg hard, and causing intense pain. "You don't know anything about stress, imagine having to grade 400 papers in a few days." He said unready for Cambion's rush when he charged into him.IC: Nicole "Um, ok." Nicole said as she began to follow the half vampire.IC: Feral "Alright I'll get in the back with Alec, if I have too I'll jump out and run some interference on any vehicles chasing us." He said as he walked to the back of the van and pulled it open.John turned and saw Nero resting against the building, his wheelchair missing. "Need a lift?" He asked.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC:"Over here." Alistair called from the next room over. He had a teapot heating on the stove, and a basket of teabags placed on the counter. "No idea what types of tea might be in there, so take whatever you'd like."

Turning around, he moved a few books off of the table. If she looked, she would see that most of the titles involved various legends and myths.

IC:Rebekah cocked her head slightly, curiously. Most people wouldn't notice it, but there was something off. When a person's default mood was cheerful, with little difference between it and the others, one learned very quickly how to detect slight variations in their behavior. She'd learned how to tell if Brooklyn was mad, excited, even sad on a few occasions. This was one she didn't know."I'm fine. I can just go get something from the cafeteria later. Speed takes a few more calories out of me than pudding can compensate for."

IC:

"Stop looking at it so rationally, Bek, and just eat the freaking pudding," Brooklyn giggled. "Come on. We can share a cup. I even made us a SuperSpork 3000 just for the occasion."

The littlest Carlisle lifted up two sporks, held together at the handles by a rubber band.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:"Okay." The dark haired girl replied, smiling. The lingering curiosity and confusion at Brooklyn's tone was pushed to the back of her mind, still actively being pondered, but no longer the forefront of her concerns. "If you went to the trouble of making a SuperSpork, I can't exactly decline, now can I?"IC:Alistair's phone beeped, signaling an incoming message. A few taps later, he set it back on the table. "Hmm. Well, looks like my parents are going to be a bit late getting home. Oh well, now they can't get annoyed when I order pizza or something.""So, besides gardening, what do you like to do?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:"Well, that's always fun."

IC:Rebekah's smile widened, and she laughed quietly. "I guess I will be able to, won't I? It's a distinction I will bear with pride." She took a seat on a nearby bench, and gestured for Brooklyn to sit down.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I'll make you a merit badge!" Brooklyn explained happily as she tore off the lid to the pudding cup, swiped her finger across the chocolaty surface, and then dapped the tip of Rebekah's nose.

IC:

"Have no fear, Tyler Haley is here--and oh my God, I'm blind! I can't see! I'm going to have to take lessons from Stevie Wonder on how to make sure no one steals your cool sunglasses! Woe is me! Woe is--"

Tyler bumped into Alex and tripped, bracing himself against the technopath's chest for support as he stood.

"Oh, uh, sorry about that, man. It's the blindness, I'm still a rookie..."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Nero shook his head. "No worries. I got this." he replied, before willfully initiating the shift back into werewolf form, rising to his own two feet. Now shifted, Nero made his way over to the van, and as he slipped inside, returned to human form, gently plopping into a sitting position just before his legs gave out on him. The quick shifting left Nero gasping for breath, but with little regret.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:"Heeeeeeeey." Rebekah complained, going crosseyed trying to look at her nose, and reach the pudding with her tongue. After a few moments, she realized it was a futile effort and gave up.

IC:"Who are you?" Alex asked bluntly, but not unkindly. "And how did you end up in here?"

IC:Alistair chuckled at her cheerfulness, and took another sip of his tea. "Well, it's good to see someone's still cheerful around here."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Yeah, man, it just happened, like...I don't know, I was walking, and then I tripped and I hit my head, and I couldn't see anything..."

Tyler blinked a couple times, trying to regain focus or make his eyes tear or...something.

"Uh, my name's Tyler Haley," he admitted, pulling out his wallet. "I have a Pizza Hut BookIt card somewhere in here that has my name on it..."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Uh...five, I think."

IC:

Brooklyn smirked at Rebekah's discomfort and scooped up two spork-fulls of pudding, holding her invention in the center so one glob faced each girl.

"You ready to have your mind blown?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ashley

Took a sip in time with Alistair. "Well, I've never found a reason not to be cheerful. I mean I've had my bad days like anyone else, but I usually just...spring back up so to speak."

IC: Nathan

"Hmm...not to shabby."

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:"There's a word for that." Alistair commented, leaning back in his chair. "Resilient. Resilient people can handle a lot without being too affected by it. It takes a lot to keep them down, if it can even be done."IC:"Alright. So how's this work, we both go for the spork on our side?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:With a slight laugh, Rebekah went for the pudding on her side of the device. It was a little bit ridiculous, but it was fun, and she had nothing better to do. Why not go along with her friend's outlandish schemes for once?

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Liberty"Howard...sorry about this." Noel said as she grabbed the suit in front of her, effectively using it as a shield. As soon as she got relatively close, Noel used her spiked reflexes to grab the Doctor and hurl him away from the reactor.

Edited by Rawrmouse_Bieber

IC:

Rebekah followed Brooklyn's example: the young Carlisle made a happy mmm sound as she savored the pudding, cleaning off her end of the SuperSpork at once. Shadow did the same curiously. Her experience with pudding - and, indeed, sugary foods in general - was limited, as she didn't like consuming anything with as much sugar content as pudding unless she had an equal or greater chance of losing calories in the process. But, just once, for Brooklyn, she made an exception, and closed her mouth around her end of the SuperSpork.

Her beautiful violet eyes popped.

All at once, the sheer genius of Brooklyn's invention hit her like a truck: she could look into her best friend's eyes while eating, she wouldn't wear down her arm muscles by constantly bending down for more pudding, and she wouldn't have to worry about stabbing Brooklyn in the hand with a spork while going in for more pudding! It was a miracle! They must tell other gluttons!

As one, the two girls spooned out more helpings of pudding, then more, then more. Each bite was all the more flavorful because, technically, they were sharing it, melding their creativity with their hunger and creating out of it a bubbling sense of chocolate-flavored satisfaction. Brooklyn's grin grew more and more with each repetition of the cycle, the edges of her thin, friendly mouth already fraying upon themselves. Rebekah, too, was starting to come out of her Aleksandr-induced shell of worry, swallowing pudding by the mouthful and even once staining her lips with a dollop of chocolate she couldn't quite lick off. Brooklyn giggled at this, went down to scrape up some pudding, but found there were only two spoonfuls left of pudding and pouted.

Rebekah patted her once on the shoulder, and Brooklyn looked up, already feeling better about it, with a grin and a wink as she positioned the spoon for one last glorious bite: Rebekah did the same, silently motioning to count to three. Siren nodded and did the same, dropping the first of her pianist's fingers as a signal to start the countdown. 1.

Rebekah's finger dropped at the same time as her keen indigo eyes searched for the perfect angle to attack the pudding from. Another finger dropped. 2.

As one, the pointer fingers of both girls dropped: Rebekah moved in for the pudding and cleaned off the SuperSpork almost immediately before opening her eyes. As she pulled away, swallowing the pudding, she noticed with an odd jolt in her stomach that Brooklyn hadn't gone after her pudding--

And then Brooklyn's thin, friendly mouth was pressed upon Rebekah's spontaneously, both hands softly pushing through the tresses of raven hair and holding the back of her neck and head. The moment was like wire on an electric fence, connecting them together, fizzing and sparking dangerously around them, but never making contact with the ground or table. The SuperSpork dropped, now unsupportable with no one to hold it, onto the table, landing Brooklyn's-side-down into the empty pudding cup and spinning for a second. When the younger Carlisle pulled away, her lips were stained with a smudge of darkest brown: chocolate pudding.

Slowly, with more relief than nervousness, Brooklyn grinned.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Yes, that would be a good idea!" Francesca used her power on one of the scythes as it swept at Warren, turning it to washing up liquid. That was supposed to disrupt water tension right, maybe it would do something to the spider-bots slush body...

"Split up, it has us cornered here!"

IC: "Guys, not to be a buzzkill, but we know some of these assassins have mutant powers," Alec said, "And I think one of you already faced a shapeshifter. So how about we put Captain Backwards here," he indicated Tyler "under a little heavier security until we make sure he's not just giving us a hilariously implausible story? I'd rather not get shot in the back while trying to watch your backs."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Oh, wait. Here's my Worthington Industries ID card."

Tyler reached blindly into his wallet, still blinking heavily, and pulled out a card from his pocket; inside was a little chip with coded information on both his creation, his backstory, and his...quirkier traits. All it needed was a card reader or a skilled technopath.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Worthington Industries ID card?" Christopher asked, suspicion in his voice, "How are you able to know which card is which while you're still blind?"

"If you hear screaming, then that probably means I'm frying myself on accident," Warren half-joked as he dashed to his left, eventually reaching a flight of stairs that would lead him back to the main floor.

IC: Alec placed his index finger on the card, the mechanical digit fusing with the chip and feeding the technopath the information.

"Okay dude seems legit. Unless all the assassins are from Worthington's in which case I apologise in advance for killing us all."

IC: As Warren went left, Francesca went right, darting down the hallway as the slush-bot scrabbled after the first target to run: Warren

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Well, I haven't always been blind, have I?" Tyler asked, his eyes now watering from continuous blinking. "Besides, I don't keep a driver's license or anything on me. Just the BookIt thing - in case I ever get peckish - or my Worthington card. Keeps things simple, helps me out when it comes to answering questions like this."

Slowly, the blurry outlines of shapes began to appear in Tyler's eyes, still swimming and fuzzy from the force of the wall against his head.

"Yeah, see? I'm legit. Hi. I'm Tyler Haley."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Nathan

"Hey, lay off the man's pizza card." By the sound of my voice no one could tell if I was serious or not.

IC: Ashley

Ashley smiled as she sipped her tea. "Resilient..." She let the word roll off her tongue. "Yeah, I like the sound of that, makes me sound tough!"

IC: Stark Tower

Noel using the actually quite empty suit as a shield took Dr. Tesla by surprise, who had no idea one of the suits was actually empty. He didn't think Stark was capable of using one of his supposed friends like that, he almost got his respect...almost.

The doctor just grinned as Noel grabbed him by the arm and threw him away from the reactor. He used the moment of the throw and landing on his feet on the other side of the room.

"Thank you for making my exit all the easier!" He said with a mocking chuckle. Electricity began to surge threw out his hands as he prepared to fire a powerful bolt, quite clearly aiming for the reactor. As he fired though Howard's remote suit sprung back to life and flew into the bolts path, the suit took the brunt of the bolt, effectively punching a hole threw the suit and causing massive surges inside the armor.

"Ah I see...no one was inside the suit....pity." And with that the doctor began to exit the basement.

Noel looked like she was about to purse, but the remote armor twitched a bit as she heard Howard's voice threw her comm. "Don't worry about him...we need prevent the arc reactor from overloading, or the whole tower is going down!"

Edited by Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Beast

“I’ll take that as a I’m fine,” Hank shrugged as he continued down the hallway, stopping to dodge jutting spikes, spraying flame or laser blasts.

IC: Triblade

“Worthington Industry’s huh,” he said as he hoisted up Jeremy’s body. “Just warning you if you decide to come with us Tyler, you may not survive.” He said as he held the body wrapped in the blanket close to his body.

“Shouldn’t we try to track down Christine or something before we leave? Shadow’s in Vegas too, I saw her. Alex is with them as well if he’s still alive.”

IC: Feral, Liliana

“That works,” John shrugged as Nero shifted and climbed into the van. He followed suit, climbing into the very back of the van as he waited for them to pull away.

Liliana climbed into the van as well.

IC:

"Yo, dude, you don't even know the things I can do," Tyler said, now getting back a majority of his eyesight. "I'm half Angel, half Gambit. I can survive everything short of prolonged exposure to the Harlem Shake."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME