IC:Rebekah Fell stared off into space.When you pump too much electricity into a single device, it overloads and shorts itself out. It's rendered inactive, unusable. That's what had happened to her mind. Too many thoughts, too many question overwhelmed her, leaving her brain to sort out the muddled mess. She had no idea what to do, no idea how to behave, no idea what to say. This was so far beyond what she had knowledge of that the situation itself was alien, an abstract, multifaceted concept, one that every time she looked at it and thought she knew what to do, another side revealed itself. It was ever-changing, its form too bizarre for her mind to process, let alone deal with.

She opened her mouth to say something, only to close it again. She blinked, violet eyes vanishing for the briefest of seconds as her brain struggled to control even the most basic functions, its power devoted to puzzling out what had just happened, and what she needed to do about it."Um."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"The, ahh...the SuperSpork does sketchy things to people?"

Rebekah was clearly not buying that weak attempt at humor, so Brooklyn sighed and dropped her head into her hands, resting her elbows on the cold, sterilized table in the cafeteria table. Her sharp face refused to look up at Rebekah for a good while; her just-unwrapped chocolate eyes stared glumly down into the empty pudding cup, her improvised spork still sitting there, facing her. As she chewed her lip in slightly fearful thought, she tasted pudding on her lips: the stain had transferred from Rebekah's lips to hers.

"Well, I mean...it's just...I've idolized you, Bekah. Since we met. Since before we met, you represented, like...a way out of some cold, dingy prison cell in the worst part of Canada. And then you dropped down in front of my cell, and then we just kind of hit it off, and then we became sort of teammates, and then you became my best friend, on the planet, and then we just spent time together, and you wouldn't come out for weeks at a time...and somewhere along the line, you just, I don't know...gave me purpose, I guess? And more than that, you gave me someone to love. Someone to like...care for, someone who made me realize how selfish I'd been every second of every day before we met. And someone who could maybe be someone more."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Character for approval. And can you guys ignore the profiles I submitted for Primal, Yo-Yo Man, and The Illegitimate?

Name: Asardin (alias Abrahem Hassani)Codename: NoneAge: 2613Gender: MaleFaction: Brotherhood of Mutants (loosely)Power(S): Asardin possess a powerful regenerative healing factor, functioning at around 80% of Wolverine's. As well, he possess powerful psychic shields that grant him near-immunity to telepathic attacks. These shields were created from millenia of training.Appearance: Asardin has a very Iraqi look, though he also has Palestinian, Jewish, and Egyptian traits. He has a very muscular body and is quite tall (about 6'7"). He is usually dressed in a business suit, though sometimes he may dress in traditional Babylonian clothing.

Weapons: Asardin has a massive collection of various kinds of weapons from all ages in his home. However, he will rarely go to battle armed with anything more than a pocket knife, as he feels that his powers are sufficient to smite his foes.

Skills: Asardin is educated in the knowledge of many civilizations, having lived through many different eras. In his youth, he was educated in the mysticism of the Chaldeans. Later, he learned the political sciences of the Romans, the science of the Muslims, the Alchemy of Renaissance Europe, and many other civilization's traditions and knowledge.Personality: Asardin is under the mistaken belief that he is a demigod, if not a full god. Believing himself to be the son of Marduk he views himself as a divine, superior being.As a result, he is arrogant, contemptuous, and prideful. As well, he has a very nihilistic view of humanity; seeing numerous civilizations rise and fall can do that to you. he is under the impression that humans, no matter how hard they try, will ultimately go extinct and be forgotten by the cosmos. As a result, he holds concepts such as morality, nationalism, and human rights with disdain.Weakness: Asardin's arrogance can get the better of him at times. He views the human race as "insects" and as a result, often fails to realize or comprehend their inner resourcefulness. As well, he reacts negatively to anybody who disagrees with his supposed "divine" status, going into intense fits of rage when insulted. Also, he can't regrow limbs, and damage to major organs will only heal at a rate similar to a regular human's.Bio: Asardin was born in Babylon during the reign of Nebuchadnezzar II. A member of the Awilu, Babylonia's upper class, he enjoyed a life of privilege, despite the fact that he was raised by a single mother, his father having disappeared shortly after he was born. Then, one day, Asardin was walking through the streets when a wall collapsed on top of him. However, at that moment, his mutant powers manifested themselves and he shortly emerged from the rubble unscathed. This piqued the interest of the royal court, who subjected him to various tests, all of them brutal in nature, Asardin passing them all. The only explanation that the wise men and the court magicians could offer was that Asardin had divine blood flowing through his veins. Asardin was instantly hailed as a demigod, and his social standing skyrocketed. Being educated in the traditions of the Chaldean mystics, Asardin became one of the Royal Court's greatest sages.

Then, Babylon was conquered by the Persians. Asardin, trying to avoid unnecessary attention, posed as a commoner, and for the next centuries of his life, he lived a lowly life, being reduced to a roadside merchant. However, he rose up the social ladder once more during the reign of the Roman Empire, becoming an orator. Then the Empire was divided, Rome was sacked, and the Muslims conquered Persia. Asardin lived a relatively normal life until the sack of Baghdad in 1257, being one of the few survivors. Then he survived the Black Death, a second Mongol Invasion, and the period of civil war that was the rule of the Ottoman Empire.

Eventually, sometime after World War II, Asardin grew sick of the now war-torn region of Iraq and moved to the Americas. Despite facing heavy racism, he managed to carve out a life for himself in the New World. It was during this time that his nihilistic personality began to form, and while he had always been a tad arrogant, he now believed himself to be far superior to the "insects" that populated the Earth. Secretly allying himself with the Brotherhood of Mutants, he began to plot his dominance over humanity, feeling the urge to exercise his misinformed status as a god...

Edited by Constructman

OOC: CM, I'm a bit leery of approving that particular power combination. It basically takes away all the drawbacks of the adaptation ability. The other adapter we have had a healing factor at a minute level, and even that one is a bit iffy.IC:The teenager was quiet while Brooklyn spoke, violet eyes fixed on her friend. She listened to what was said, and stayed quiet for a long moment after. Her expression was inscrutable, a blank mask the disguised the emotions within. Brooklyn still hadn't looked up, so it came as a surprise when a hand gripped her arm gently and pulled her into a tight hug. Rebekah's expression had softened into a slightly confused smile, but her thoughts were as difficult to ascertain as ever. "I don't exactly think I'm who you should have as a role model...""And I don't think you have a selfish bone in your body, Brook. I don't think you're psychologically capable of it. If you were, you would have given up on trying to fix this little broken bird months ago."IC:"Well," Alistair shrugged, smiling slightly. "If you came out of the DC debacle alive, I don't think there's much else you could be called."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Ashley

Ashley took a longer sip of her tea before placing the mug onto the table firmly. "Yeah that whole DC incident was pretty scary! But no robot can stop a force of nature like me!" She tried to put on a serious tough girl face and crossed her arms.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Well, I can either idolize you or a Kardashian sister, so you understand my options here are limited," Brooklyn mumbled in the little hipster way Brooklyn had as she wrapped her arms around Rebekah tightly.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"Well, the Kardashian might be a bit more stable." The former Weapon whispered in her ear, hugging her tighter. "And a bit less... Forgetful? Socially competent? *****y?""You can take your pick of adjectives."

IC:"Well, in ancient times the gods or goddesses of harvest were some of the most important. Because if they were angry, people starved." Alistair remarked with amusement.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Have we laid eyes on the same Kardashian family lately?"

Despite the snark, Brooklyn smiled somewhat tearily and buried her face in Rebekah's shoulder, mumbling something along the lines of "ahhhhh, I'm such a dork" and rocking the ex-Weapon to and fro in a hug. For such a small little bird, Brooklyn's hugs had the physical and emotional strength of a hundred giants.

"Besties?"

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Stark Tower

"Excellent! Now follow my next instructions very carefully...otherwise...we might blow up and die..." Howard, while blunt, was being pretty honest. He proceeded to give Noel instructions step by step, only time would tell if it would work or not, even Howard wasn't sure.

"Warning, Arc Reactor's instability is reaching critical... structural failure imminent."

Ashley quickly lost her tough girl face as she became curious. "Ohhhh a Goddess of harvest? Well, if I was a goddesses I'd never get angry or starve people, that's just terrible!"

IC:"Brook,"Rebekah started to say warmly, pushing the other teenager's chin up with a finger so she could look her in the eye. "We're besties, and nothing will change that. Ever. If getting my mind wiped and brainwashed didn't change that, this won't.""As for if it's something more... Well, I guess we'll just have to wonder about that one when I actually manage to process that it ever happened."

IC:"Well, it wasn't actually a divine force affecting things. Probably."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Ben bunnied with permission.

IC: Shaw, Malus, Demon

Ben nodded and Shaw took a hold of his shoulder. Malus promptly did the same, and soon, they popped out of reality for a brief moment. When they returned to their dimensional plane of origin, it was a different location, one closer to Malus's query. Demon managed to pull himself off of the ground and glare at the lanky, chilling figure approaching him.

"You," he growled, "I thought you were dead. Why can't you just leave me alone?!"

Malus allowed himself a grin, one more sinister than ever before.

"You're about to find out," Malus crooned.

Demon let out a cry of rage and threw a punch at his foe, but it was caught in the other electrokinetic's surprisingly strong grip. All at once, the angry shout turned into a pained scream.

"You should have known better than to do that."

Demon felt the strength leaving him as his energy, the very essence of his body, was siphoned out of him and into Malus. He fell to his knees as his very form began to ripple and change, becoming pure electricity. In a final fit of protest, the ball of lightning that was once Phillip MacMarr crackled and fizzled, but soon vanished entirely.

Before Ben and Shaw's very eyes, Malus had regained his missing half.

67tlbk.png

IC:"Oh, come on. Cheer up. You're gonna make me feel bad." She said, smiling. "It's not like I'm about to yell at you or something. I'm not even mad, not even close. Just a bit confused, I guess."

"Want help me find a hotel?"

IC:"Could be. Or it could have been something else. After all, Norse mythology turned out to be real, if not quite the way we thought. Why not the others?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Stark Tower

"Don't worry about the warning...pull that lever on the right...that should do it." Hopefully.

"Oh yeah...you mean like how Thor, Loki, and all those other guys are real and stuff?" Ashley said, finishing the last sip of her tea. "And then there's that thunderbird lady...I guess they're could be a whole lot of legends that are real...." She ended with a long yawn that seemed to come out of nowhere, the tea might have been a little too relaxing.

IC: Mimic

Christine saw quietly inside Aleks’ room, staring at the floor. She’d been scolded and asked to leave for pushing the doctor but after enough looks into her sad, determined emerald eyes they’d relented. Aleks seemed out for now so Christine had settled into a chair, waiting for any sign that he was awake.

IC: Venom

We were hungry. Brock had tried to suppress our cannibalistic nature, but now that we were in total control, there would be no stopping us.

We pitied whoever would find those corpses in that alley. It would be quite a mess to clean.

And now that we were nourished, it was time to enact our plan. Though Parker had died, he was still being remembered and revered, more so than when he had been alive. We were going to put a stop to this.

Those foolish humans had chosen to construct a statue in his honor in Central Park. How pathetic. We would relish in its destruction.

67tlbk.png

IC: Brotherhood NPCs

As squads of Enforcer’s broke through the barriers and approached the massive walls the mutants standing guard on the walls turned their attention towards them. Lightning, plasma blasts, and kinetic energy blasts were unleashed at one of the squads, while other ranged attacks were being similarly used upon the others.

The force-field mutants were now standing together, focusing their telepathic abilites over the force field to strengthen it. But it was incredibly taxing; the force-field was taking heavy hits and was flaring red in several places. Sooner or later they would break through; it was only a matter of time.

IC: "Well, let's just say... I better go check on him again." Fox boosted, coming across Gabriel in the hall. He knelt down. "You should not be out of bed."IC: "Come on." The dhampir twirled his keys, turning to walk out the door. He wasn't without manners, so he opened the exit, letting Nicole go first.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Malik

"Let me in!" Since he had dropped Gabe off at the hospital, the doctors had refused to let Malik see his friend. Apparently Gabe's condition wasn't stable, but considering the amount of time that had passed, Malik wasn't buying that BS.

"I'm sorry sir, but your friend can't be seen right now, it's too dangerous." The receptionist stated firmly, he had been given explicit orders to not allow anyone to see the Mutants at the hospital. Apparently some Government folks wanted to question the mutants. The receptionist was also under orders to contain anyone linked to the mutants, so far that hadn't been a problem as Malik didn't wish to leave.

"Enough of this ######," Malik yelled, as he shoved the receptionist out of the way, taking a glance at the rooms of the patients as he ran down the hall."Sorry," he yelled. Luckily for Malik, the receptionist banged his head and was knocked unconscious, thus no alarms went off after Malik. The rest of the guards had their hands full with the plethora of Mutant activity.

It wasn't long before Malik had reached the room Gabe was assigned to. Shoving open the door, "Gabe, you okay?" he called out to his friend, only to find someone else there, and chains were scattered across the floor. "Just who the h*** are you?" Malik growled to the newcomer as he drew his sword. I really am not in the mood for this ######.

IC: Dante

In order to tell Dallas where he lived, Dante had been searching through his bag for the paper with his house address on it, however when he finally looked up, everyone was gone. "Great... I was just ditched," He groaned, "rotten luck."

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: Seeing how popular this is, I'll join. By the way yes, I like Metal Gear. But these characters are different in a way.

Name: Jack SearsCodename: White LightningAge: 24Gender: MaleFaction: X-MenPower(S): Electricity (Can unleash electric blasts and charges. Only problem is he cannot absorb electricity. He can also unleash bolts of lightning.), Enhanced Agility, Super Strength (Strong enough to lift a big rig, without cargo .)Appearance: Tall, average built. Mexican colored skin, and ash blonde hair. Eye color black.Weapons: NoneSkills: Martial Arts, Sword Fighting(before he joined), StealthPersonality: Prefers to be alone. Rather go out and fight than to study, or teach. Has anger issues and hates his past, also hates being called, "Jack The Ripper." Since that's what his god-father had called him.Weakness: Salt Water. One time he had went to the beach and went into the water, he shocked himself and got knocked out. Luckily he didn't die.Bio: Jack was just a young boy on the streets of Manhattan. His parents died in a car crash when he was 10, and his god-father was a notorious gang leader. When he first found out about his power of electricity, his god-father ordered one of his men to take him back to his room. He picked him up, Jack put his hand on his face and shocked him; killing him. Seeing his potential for his operation, he made him his personal hitman. He would be sent to kill every rival gang member with his powers. His god-father showed him how to make kills with a bladed weapon. So every kill that he made, was either shocked or knifed. He also gave him training in martial arts, to better help him in a fight in close quarters. When he got older, he retaliated and killed him. He was 17 years old. Hearing about Xavier's school for the gifted, he enrolled in to escape the life that he had.

Name: David Fortson

Codename: Marauder Age: 42Gender: MaleFaction: SHIELDPower(S): NoneAppearance: Tall with brown hair. Scruffy short beard and mustache. Muscular built, scar on his left eye.

Weapons: M-16, knife, MK-22 Hush puppy Skills: Sniping, stealth, assassination, CQCPersonality: Likes to crack a bit of jokes from time to time. Likes doing his job by the books. (Might be missing something)Weakness: Abdoman. (Sight of an old war wound.)Bio: David came from a long line of soldiers. Starting with his grand-father in WWII. He enlisted in the Navy, which later he became a S.E.A.L. There he learned CQC, and how to kill silently and effectively. Due to his high skills and standards, he later joined SHIELD, in order to keep doing what he loves. Stealth.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

OOC:...Okay. Ignoring the fact that they are both blatant expies, you're going to have to elaborate a lot more. "Anger" is not a weakness. Bios are okay, but Raiden's powers need to be further explained and I would also recommend revising the appearance and personality section for both.I also think we would all feel a little bit more comfortable if they weren't named letter-for-letter after MGS characters.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: "I'm the Observer. Your friend needs help." Fox grimaced. "Be right back." The speedster accelerated, dashing through the hospital and back to Jeff's room. "Found him. You wanna go there?" IC: "Long drive, but reckless disregard for the law should shorten it." The halfblood smiled. "Besides, who said I had a run-of-the-mill car?" The keys belonged to a green Corvette Stingray sitting a few hundred yards off. There'd been quite a few modifications to it, though they weren't very visible.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Enforcer IC when I'm not so lazy tired.

IC: Jesika

A small voice spoke up from inside the getaway vehicle. "What's that? And who are you?"

Jesika had fairly quiet recently. Abnormally quiet for her. She hadn't spoken a word for longer than was probably healthy for Jesikas her age. It was almost disturbing, for those who knew the hyperactie girl well enough. She seemed relatively okay, but considering what she had just gone through, that was the worrying part.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -