IC:

"You know," Sarah started, glaring a robot into a puddle of water, "How you live with this is beyond me. Ever thought of pretending to be blind all the time? That could solve the whole 'not having to look at stuff' problem."

Will had woken up again, and was still unable to leave his bed. Much less the room. Thankfully, someone had found the decency to leave him an issue of National Geographic. He'd never had been a big fan of the magazine, but reading it was better than doing nothing until he got tired again.

IC:

"Hmm?" Dallas vocalized as he was snapped awake by the momentum of Ashley's lips crashing against his all at once; the chronokinetic's deep blue eyes popped open all at once as his friend tumbled over him, caught somewhere between a cuddle and a trip. Instinctively, his arms reached out and caught her by the sides, making sure she didn't bust her face on the coffee table or anything. Their lips were still connected, he realized suddenly with a jolt as he gently pulled away, face a quiet, pulsing red.

"You okay...?"

IC:

Her heart quit out for a second as Rebekah moved in for the kiss, still holding Brooklyn by the waist even as Brooklyn angled her arms around Rebekah and fell forward onto the bed, her best friend (girlfriend?) coming along for the ride thanks to the embrace they shared. It was only when she subconsciously pulled away for a quick inhale that her pulse picked up again and she regained full life support functions.

"Ohmygod," she whispered tightly.

IC:

"Aren't you feeling eloquent today."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Where is Fury?

IC: White Lightning

He walked across the street and saw a protest happening on the other side. From what he can can hear from the shouts, there're protesting about mutants. he didn't really care, or want to hang around any longer. So he headed into the Macy's and went to the men's department to look at suits.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:Rebekah's face had turned an unusual shade of red, especially for her. Her moment of brazenness gone, she smiled nervously. She didn't let go of Brooklyn, instead kept her in a tight hug, shifting so that their position on the bed was a bit more comfortable.

"Um..."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Stranger (New York, Riots)

Ares head turned as he heard a loud voice ring out above the sound of the protestors. It seemed as if the voice had been magnified somehow. His grey eyes caught movement through the tear-gas for a moment. Ares tore off a large piece of his cloak and wrapped it around his head, covering everything except his eyes. He then flew forward, landing near where the figure had chosen another spot for cover.

“Seems people are protesting the President, it got violent and the military is striking back at the protesters.” Ares said as he eyed the man.

IC: Romulus (Hellfire Mansion)

“That location will be suitable,” he said into the phone. “Come alone, and if you try anything… it won’t end well for you.” He said. He thought for a moment.

“As soon as possible, I need this information.”

IC: Triblade, Feral (Blackbird)

“It’s alright man; I’m just on edge after this whole thing.” Matt turned towards Alec and glared at him.

“Ashlynn didn’t kill anyone, the Phoenix did. Besides it was Darkfang who teleported in front of the flames.”

“Ashlynn was my family, and probably the most caring and compassionate person I’ve ever know. Her being dead won’t stop the Phoenix at all. She could of learned to control it or something.”

“I’m with Matt on this,” John said. He’d already voiced his opinion by saying how he wanted to go back and find Ash.

“She’s not dead. We don’t know that. I won’t accept she’s dead.”

IC: Beast (X-Manor, Basement)

“I’m on it!” Hank yelled as he charged through a group of robots as he made his way to the control panel.

“I need my tools!” he said before he ran down the hallway towards the War Room to grab them.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC - Burnblade - New York

As Burnblade dived for cover, he noticed the sound of two objects smacking the ground a few feet behind him and to his right.

He quickly turned around, getting into a combat stance, then stopped and stood normally again as the voice of this new arrival met his ears. The two objects were simply the man's feet, and he wasn't here to fight. A riot. I should have known. He shook his head.

But his opinion wan't exactly the subject at hand, and he didn't want to give it out to someone he only knew for 30 seconds at most. "What did the President do?" His flat tone made it clear he wasn't defending the President, but not accusing him either. It was, after all, hard to keep up with the news when you were away from your house frequently.

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: Marauder

"Commander Fury," he says saluting him. "Permission to aid in the riot in New York, sir."

IC: White Lightning

He then saw that the protest was getting violent. He can now here only one word and rethinks their protest. "The president." That's the word he could here outside, even though he was inside of the Macy's. He didn't want to interfere with the protest, for this was for the government to deal with, not him.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

"She's dead."

All eyes turned to Alaric, who was still staring dead ahead, towards the nose of the plane; his hard voice lent no evidence as to how he knew this, or whether it was just a guess, but all the same, he knew.

"She's dead, and there's nothing we can do here by looking for her. We're needed at home."

IC:

"Let's not say anything," Brooklyn purred playfully as she leaned in again and kissed Rebekah, closing her eyes and savoring the feeling in her chest like bubbling champagne of the two of them being in such close proximity, connecting so intimately. It was like nothing the littlest Carlisle had ever experienced, and at the same time it was a feeling she wanted to experience every minute for the rest of her life. Brooklyn's hand slid up Rebekah's train of raven hair--

"Girls, I made up some stuff for you if you want--"

Jenna Pace-Carlisle stood in the door, holding a tray of assorted brownies, cookies, and chocolates in her hand with a raised eyebrow as she caught her daughter and her daughter's best friend kissing passionately on the bed. Her face held nothing in it except perhaps a glimmer of confusion for a second as Brooklyn hastily pulled away, already attempting to conjure up an explanation. Then Jenna's eyebrow dropped, and she set the tray down on the top of the TV with a small chuckle and winked.

"Just...ring me if you need me, then," she said, before closing the door behind her. Brooklyn's mortified gaze made its way from the tray to Rebekah, then back to the tray, before she began to giggle hysterically.

IC:

Brando's face changed at once to an expression more suitable for the occasion as he gently set Natalie down, untangling her legs from his back, and then plopped down next to her on the grass, running a hand through his hair and looking up at the sky as he laid back gently, athletic frame contouring lightly to the soft ground below.

"Wanna talk about it?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:Rebekah herself had sunk slower and lower on the bed, as if she were trying, and failing, to pass into it and become completely invisible. Violet eyes tracked Jenna's entry, expression, and exit, and she stayed stock still, as if by not moving she could pretend that she hadn't been seen.

"........" A brief pause, and then she spoke again, face as red as it possibly could be. "..... Please tell me that didn't just happen. Please."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

Brooklyn didn't respond; she merely fell back on the bed, laughing so hard that she actually had to clutch at her side with her left hand as though she were trying to keep her intestines from jumping out through her navel.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"...."Rebekah stayed completely quiet, but a small smile tugged at the corners of her mouth, no matter how hard she tried to suppress it. After a moment, she raised her head, and noticed the tray balanced on the TV.

"....... I think there are brownies there." There was a pause for a moment longer, and she vanished in a dark blur, reappearing next to the tray, brownie in hand. After a moments thought, she vanished again, reappearing back on the bed, tray in hand.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

After systematically searching through every hospital in Vegas, Chris wound up outside the room that Aleksander English was hopefully residing. He turned the handle on the door, and slowly opened the door. Chris had shifted back into his normal self, wearing the typical jeans, jacket, and gloves that he wore around the institute.

"Hello?" He asked, pushing the door open further, "Anyone inside?"

He really hoped that the room contained Aleksander and his sister. Systematically searching every hospital in Vegas had made him question how effective, and sane, modern medicine was.

Once he found the duo, he resolved never to set foot in another hospital again.

IC - Cambion - Boston:

"I wouldn't dream of it, it doesn't pay to treat clients with disrespect in my business. Six o' clock tonight. Sending coordinates now." Victor keyed in the coordinates and waited until he was sure the other man had hung up before he too hung up. Maximoff breathed a sigh of relief as he hung up. "I don't think he recognized my voice." He reached for Persson's sidearm, which had been returned to him by SHIELD before he left the building. The young man removed the magazine and checked the bullets, before slamming the magazine back in and scoffing. "Of course, lead bullets. Useless."

If the owner of that voice was whom he guessed, it would likely take a full clip of carbonadium bullets to even slow him down. Victor grinned ruefully. "You'd have to be mad, or government funded, to spend that much on such specialized ammunition."

"Well, six o' clock isn't far off. I'd better get back to work."

The mutant twirled his knife, and returned to his task. No slip-ups. No loose ends. No failures. Failure led to something worse than death. Failure led to pain.

IC - Cambion - Lodge:Victor Maximoff had arrived at the hunting lodge with an hour to spare. An hour which he used diligently. He had to make sure that every preparation was perfect. First and foremost, his face. "My face would be a dead giveaway. I can't afford letting him recognize me." The shapeshifting mutant studied himself in the bathroom, and touched his scarred ribcage gingerly.Dark brown hair flowed and swayed, lengthening into dirty blonde locks. Brown irises swirled to grey, while his nose broadened and his lips grew a little larger. Satisfied with the new guise, Victor tied back his hair in a short ponytail.

He exited the bathroom, throwing on a suit and a red shirt. The mutant checked Persson's pistol, concealed on his person. "Not that I'd be able to hit him, but it might make him pause." Victor sighed. As a professional industrial spy, he had never prioritized purchasing an arsenal of weapons. He sighed, running through a list of his past excuses. "I'm not a redneck NRA member. Why on Earth would I need to buy an H&K MP7 or an AK-74? I live in NoHo, not Afghanistan. The last thing I need to feel safe is a gun that'll only be used against me by a burglar. I shoulda listened to that salesman."He poured out a glass of water and examined his sunstone ring. "The only weapon that'll buy me even half a minute is information. Knowledge is power. The only power worth more than money." Underneath the gem, at the base of the setting, was the camera and microchip which contained the complete database of registered mutants known to SHIELD. Using a pair of narrow tweezers, he removed the chip, then replaced the fiery gem in its setting. He put a pair of glasses out on the wooden coffee table along with a bottle of something strong. A comfortable fire was crackling on the hearth. Maximoff settled into an easy chair to wait. He checked his watch. His contractor should be arriving soon.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC:

Dallas' eyebrows raised up, and the right corner of his mouth curled up in confusion. After a second, though, the rest of it curled up into a grin as he began to laugh at both the deep redness of Ashley's face and the way she tried to play it off. He couldn't help it; he had to needle her a little bit.

"Where'd you learn to kiss like that?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Dallas shook his head, still laughing, and then met Ashley's gaze. Her eyes were burning up as much as her face, and finally he took a deep breath and smiled up at her, attempting to sit up as much as he could.

"It was nice. I liked it," he said, reaching out and holding one of her burning-hot cheeks. "But here. Try and do it like this."

He pushed himself up the rest of the distance until he was sitting up straight, and then his lips, still curled in a knowing grin, met Ashley's softly.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ashley

Ashley closed her eyes as Dallas' lips touched hers, her heart thumped wildly.

She made a noise of pleasure as they kissed, her cheeks stayed red as ever as she wrapped her arms around Dallas' neck.

When the desire to actually breathe got strong enough they parted lips, Ashley panted a bit as she regained her breath, she let out a small laugh, feeling giddy.

"I think I liked that one better."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Dallas bit down on his lip and half-grinned as he lay back; Ashley refused to relinquish her grip on his neck, so he merely dragged her down with him, and the two cuddled just as they had before he'd fallen asleep.

"I don't want to go back," he said suddenly, turning to her slightly and putting a hand on the small of her back. "I just...there are ways we can help out without leaving the Bay, right?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: @CM Jaws. Jackson is Jaws.

Also, Advent, did you catch my last Venom post?

IC: Jackson, Julia, Zack

Without turning around or so much as averting his gaze from Rage, Jackson said,

"Some protest about mutant rights. What's it to you?"

Julia took a seat next to Alex and clutched his hand tightly. Her eyes were watering, but the tears had yet to fall down her cheeks.

"Jeremy's gone, and Ashlynn..." her voice was faint but filled with sorrow. "god, and Zack...Zack has the Phoenix in him to..."

Her head fell limply onto Alex's shoulder.

"Eh what?" Zack mumbled at the mention of his name. The stress had been too much; first the battle, then Jeremy, and now Ash was gone too. His only living relative besides Tara. He had tried to fall asleep, but his mind simply would not let him. Not just because of the sorrow. No, he was scared.

Scared that he would be next.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: Ashley

Ashley rested her head against Dallas' chest, feeling it go up and down as he breathed. "I don't want to leave either..." Ashley admitted, her thoughts went over what she'd learned yesterday, their friends weren't doing so hot at the moment.

"Wish we could just invite them to come visit us here...or something."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Yeah...me, too. But that would just bring the fight here, and it wouldn't do anything in the long run. We need to actually do something to create a lull in fighting."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC Rage"Not much to me; it's just that I don't like big riots like these. First there were the Vancouver Stanley Cup riots, then the riots in London, then the Occupy movement, now this. Just too chaotic, the world is." Carter sighed, shaking his head. "You?" he asked, asking for Jackson's opinion.

IC:

Dallas sighed.

"I mean, we could try a Martin Luther King style route, you know...see if any of them want to get pacifism a shot..."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

OOC: generating char...

file loaded.

Name: Logan "Tech" starkCodename: pending (thats the name)Age:14Gender:maleFaction: SHIELDPower(S): mental hacking capability, can talk to computers, and can access Wifi without conection. (natural powers)Appearance: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/LogantoTheLeMatoran/happyface/logan_robo_stark.pngWeapons: uhh.... a screwdriver, hammer, small eletric saw, but these are not made for fighting, these are my equipment.Skills: inventing, hacking, programing, ect.Personality: I am kind of a loner. I like being isolated. and I like quiet.Weakness:arc reactor keeps him alive.Bio: I went to the place for mutants about three years ago. I didn't like it. my dad, tony stark, took me here and told me to behave and then left without me. I was an... unintentional child. my mother was a mutant. she left me when I was two. I tried the place for mutant kids, then I left a year later. so then I applied for shield. I was shocked when I found out that my dad was dead. he had died from his arc light exploding. shield hired me for computer cataloging and fixing broken systems. I was also on a data retreval mission out of the airship, but I hacked the net without even trying. Got the data whyle we were about to launch. I don't like leaving my cave, I really dont. the reason I am a cyborg is because nothing on my right side worked. it was an effect of my mutation. my dad rebuilt me. alowing me to move and walk and talk and breath. my dad gave me life. But my entire right side of my body is mechanical. I am kept alive by an arc reactor.

IC:

<starting up....>

I opened my eye(s) to see outside the window. the horizon always looked breathtaking, seeing the reds shine on the clouds we were flying above.

Whatever. I don't care about that kind of stuff. then I got a random Idea. which happens alot. I started to make an air canon. then I went to get a parachute from the launch bay. I put holes on the edges of my air canon to tie the parachute on to. I tied them on like the shield acadamy showed me. then I attached it to my back robot parts and programed a new piece of software for it so it could launch on my command. I wired it in. How you ask? I put a back facing camera, that I can move on command. and a small sautering clamp and another clamp for putting things in place. the best part was that I had myself halfway through puberty so I was actually starting to get my dad's extremus powers. once I was done, I told an agent I was going sky-diving. he was not conserned at all, he said "Mmm'hm," I think he wasn't paying attention to me because he was playing tetris. I shrugged my sholders and just jumped off the hanger bay.

I fell.

and fell.

and then triggered the parachute.

I kept falling.

it failed.

and then something caught me.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

OOC: This all wouldn't have happened if you had put up with a quick read of the topic page, and the rules, and stuff, y'know.

IC:

"So, Yuri, I think we might want to retreat to deeper within the center. More protection the nearer we are to the President, if you set this up in any sane way."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Yuri)

Yuri shook his head. "I will return to the ops center and coordinate our efforts. Worst comes to worst....I will hold the halls alongside my men." Yuri shrugged helplessly. He didn't have many options and the options he had didn't look good. The SWAT team might help matters...but they might not. On top of that some remarkably moronic mutants had shown up and their mere presence had whipped the crowd into a frenzy. If they hadn't shown...maybe it would have been enough. Maybe the crowd would have scattered. Not now though. Now it smelled blood in the water. Yuri was sorely tempted to order the Mutants shot on the spot. Pacify the crowd and remove a future problem all in one fell swoop. But no, that was not an option. Instead all the options he had hurt not the mutants, but his own men. "Just like Saint Petersburg....but this time there is no underground to bail us out."

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: And here you go.

IC: Venom, Malus, Shaw As we raised our spiked fist to deal another blow, something large and very heavy hit our head. We stumbled forward, momentarily dazed, but caught our footing and whirled around to seek our attacker. For once in his life, Malus's maniacal grin faltered. His eyelid twitched, and for a moment, his breathing halted. Then, like a jackknife snapping shut, he doubled over and fell to the ground. A dismayed Sebastian Shaw looked him over, then turned back to Ben."Get us back to the mansion," he demanded. "now!"

67tlbk.png

OOC: Thank you much.

IC: Spencer shuddered as Venom's gaze whipped around to find him. The arachnid mutant gulped, but kept his bravado high, and yelled out "Why don't you stop picking on statues, and come rumble with someone who can fight back!" Spencer called out.

'whatamidoingwhatamidoingwhatamidoingwhatamidoingwhatamidoingwhatamidoingwhatamidoingwhatamidoingwhatamidoing?!?' ran through Spencer's head like a speeding train.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~