IC:

"Spot on in the guess, if not the reasoning." Abraham observed, glancing at Magnitude. "I own a property in New York state. Ironically, not far from Westchester. I haven't lived there in years, and no one else has, and the property isn't signed in my name. The Enforcers won't look there."

"I've arranged for transport as well. It should be arriving any minute."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

As John continued to follow Sarah's scent, he eventually came across some sort of wolf, whose head turned to glare at John as he approached it. The wolf shifted into Christopher, who had his arms crossed, and was frowning at him.

"And what do you think you're doing here?" He demanded.

For the inter-dimensional power-absorber, the last thing he needed after an already traumatic day was for someone with a newly obtained grudge to go out looking for his mother.

"This is a family matter," He growled. In his eyes, the John before him was the version from his dimension. The part-robot werewolf jerk himself, "And last time I checked, you weren't family.

IC:

(Lexie)

"Well, didn't think he'd wind up dead so soon. Oh well." Lexie said, walking up to the group. After weapon-X, Lexie had slowly started to lose her faith in Petrio, and killing the president went to far. Walking past them and into the room where their now dead leader lay, Lexie chopped off the head, and then consumed the body. Walking back out, some of them gave her an odd look. "What? I needed a snack, and it might as well not go to waste," she said casually. "When do we leave?" she asked, ready to get out of here before this place ended up more dead then the Sahara.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC:

The X-Gene has caused countless different mutations, countless different abilities, each one with their own quirks. Sometimes they manifested in incredible powers, with one of the most notable being the manipulation of reality itself. Others are less so, at time mere cosmetic differences, or the ability always know what time it is.

But there were more unfortunate powers, too. Powers similar to vampirism, that forced the bearer to feed on others to survive. Or mutations that turned the body into a form unfit for human contact. Abraham had seen and catalogued many of them, since any knowledge of mutant powers aided in his strategies. In some forgotten corner of his mind, he pitied them. They were unable to help themselves, unable to stave off the demands of their forms.

Lexie had no such problem. In all the years that she had been with the Brotherhood, he had never once seen any indication that she actually needed to consume flesh, only indicators that she enjoyed it. Her powers did not demand it, it was a conscious choice. She was one of the only members of the Brotherhood that could genuinely sicken him. She was not a stable person, either. He had on at least one occasion witnessed her consume another Brotherhood member simply because he angered her. And mental instability combined with her tendencies made her very dangerous indeed.

He did not know why she was the way she was. He never bothered to learn much of his allies' pasts, they were irrelevant. His job was to design strategies based around their personalities and abilities, not based on what they had gone through. It was useless data, unnecessary to his ultimate goal. Until mutant equality was accomplished, he had neither the time nor the interest in learning about the people around him.

And that was, in a way, his ultimate folly. If he had payed attention to more than simple facts, he would have seen Pietro's madness long before this. He could have stopped him before his lunacy caused so many problems for so many. Instead, he had continued creating plan after plan, more strategies to fuel Maximoff's mad crusade. So many lives had been lost been lost without need, because of his own inattentiveness-

No. He could not think about that now, this was neither the time nor the place. Such thoughts would be left for a calmer time, if they were addressed at all.

His face displayed known of his inner thoughts, remaining an emotionless mask. "We will depart as soon as transport arrives. Can any of you think of anyone else that would come along, but has not yet arrived?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC Foreshadow"Holy Mother of God," Peter thought as Venom's tentacle slashed clean through a tree. Well, not clean. The tree was starting to fall down, and Your Friendly Neighborhood Gyroman couldn't have that. Focusing hard, the tree's fall slowed, until it was practically hovering off of the ground. Straining hard, Peter began to hoist the tree back up or at least move it somewhere where it wouldn't crush any small children or anything. "Ugh, my old physics teacher is gonna kill me," Peter thought. "I've practically wreaked Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation."

IC (Lucia)

Lucia opened her eyes, staring at the bright blue skies. The first thing she noticed was that everything hurt. Alot. Her legs felt like stoneweights, her shoulder blades felt like they'd played host to a band of rabid lions and the rest of her body felt like it had been stretched out to an uncomfortable extent. Her stomoch was empty, her throat ached for water. She felt something brush against her leg. She felt something else brush against her hair. It took her a moment to remember that it was the wind that now howled about her, not some new threat. She rolled over to her side, not quite willing to rise. When had she last eaten? Drank?

Then it came to her: two days ago. Two days. She'd been at a mountain spring, on a journey with...slowly, her gaze rose. Crouched on a small boulder beside her was a pitch black creature. It was lean, thin, almost delicate. To the untrained eye. It's had a human like body in terms of shape, but it was covered in chitin, it's legs ended in sharp, gripping claws, it's hands ended in claws made for ripping and tearing, atop it's head were two curved horns and upon it's head....was nothing. Just blank chitin. It's tail, tipped with a razorsharp barb, moved behind it. A slow, deliberate motion. Two batlike wings, black as midnight, rose behind it.

Nightgaunt.

She remembered now. She had summoned this creature after the confusing city of monoliths had seperated her from Kenneth. She had ordered it to fly her to the largest concentration of magic in this nation. She had assumed it would be Kenneth. No one else had appeared to make use of it.

Evidently, she had been wrong. Very wrong.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: "Because I'm weary, dear." Morisant sighed. "Long ago, I thought to cheat death. Instead, I was made to want death. Want it, and never be able to receive it, until I had done due penance for my crime. I assume, due to your friend being called here, that my time is up."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: I know this is late, but Beast is laying in the medical ward, not on the ground Kristy/Jack.

What happened to those aliens threatening Caden and Nate?

IC: Destruction, Scorcher

Caden glanced up at the strange armored visor wearing beings. “I don’t think your in the position to tell any of us what we are going to do,” he said as he pointed a palm at them. When a burst of red appeared and Trevor began to speak Destruction aimed one at him as well.

“Back off, or I’ll blow your head off.” He the nodded at Abraham’s Instructions. He slowly reached down and grabbed Abaraham’s card. His hand flew away as he unleashed a bright yellow orb. It flew into one of the walls, blowing it apart as Caden sprinted towards it. He cast one last glance and the still figure of Pietro’s body sitting in the chair before he vanished. He had work to do.

He ran through the streets as fast as he could. Soon the current patrol came into view. Caden saw his brother striding with the other mutants who were put in charge of patroling the city.

“Kane… Pietro is dead. He killed President Binder while posessing Spider’s body. He was then killed by Abraham, Shiloh and Nate.”

“… Christ,” Kane said as he ran a hand through his dark hair. “I always knew Pietro was beyond help. I only stuck around for you.”

“I’m not staying here Kane. The government will raze this place to the ground soon. I’m going to evacuate the city. Leave now brother, you know how to contact me. The others are in the tower. They are about to leave. Go with them.”

“I won’t leave you here.”

“Do as I say, little brother. Please. I will be fine.”

Kane scowled. He hated it when Caden called him that. They were not even blood brothers. They were brothers due to situation.

“Fine, but you better not get yourself killed.” He said as he placed his hand on his brother’s shoulder.

“Go, now.” Caden said. He then turned to the guard. “Wake everyone! We need to evacuate the city now! Sound the alarms, anything you can.”

Caden lifted his arms and unleashed several explosions into the air.

“Everyone wake up! You need to evacuate!” he shouted as he ran through the streets.

Kane watched as Caden began to stir the refugees. He’d never seen his brother like this. What happened to the Caden who would turn people to dust for fun? Kane shrugged then summoned his flame aura. He then propelled himself into the air as he blasted off towards the tower. He landed inside through a window and slowly approached the others.

“I’m coming with you.”

IC: Stranger

Ares grey eyes turned to the marine that approached him. He saw the sadness in the marine’s eyes and knew that he was feeling the same way. Ares placed a gloved hand on his shoulder. “And neither is it yours soldier. You did your best. No one could be prepared for what the Brotherhood pulled.”

Ares then turned away from the marine. He strode outside of the building back into the chaos. He tried not to meet the sad eyes of civilians and marines. He’d let them all down. He’d let James down. Ares saw Alyssa standing a few feet away from James. He walked over to her; his red cape caked with dust and tattered.

“How you holding up?”

IC: Feral

John had tracked Christopher down easily. His scent had been overly familiar. Where Christopher went John figured he’d find Sarah.

John exhaled a breath as he turned towards Christopher. There was an dark gleam to his cyan eyes as he beheld the Chris from another deminsion. “You’re right. This is a family matter. And your mother shot my family. She shot my father. Now, I’m going to give you a count of three and you’re going to tell me where the **** she is. Ready?”

“One,” Snikt. One claw popped out of John’s left knuckle and extended towards the ground.

“Two,” Snikt. Followed by a second shimmering adamantium blade.

“Three,” Snikt. The third claw burst from John’s knuckle. “Time’s up raptor, where is she or am I gonna have to slice it out of yah?”

IC: Nicole

"Wait, you didn't call him here? Then who did?"

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

OOC: Sounds like I really need to read every single detail from now on and not just skim it.

IC: White Lightning

Jack stands next to Hanks bed in the Med-Ward. They moved his body after getting him all patched up or whatever. He still can't believe this is happening. First a crazy street riot, then this. What else can go wrong. He turns on the TV, then a male news announcer says,"Breaking news! In the past few minutes (or hours which ever), the US President was shot and killed by Brotherhood leader Quick Silver. Who was then killed by some X-Men, just after he had killed some Senators. What will the world do with these mutants." He turned it off. "Great, now the President's dead. Now this world has gone to ."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

"Well he will beat this curse! You have to fight Robin. Do it for me okay?" she said as she leaned in and kissed his cheek.

"I'm sorry... I don't think any of us are. I feel bad you followed me to relax in the city and this happened..." Ares said as he looked around. "I feel responsible for not being inside to make sure the President wasn't killed or kidnapped..." He frowned.

"My father would of never let this happen."

IC: Triblade

"Yeah it is, but its been leading up to this for a long time," Matt said. He was still shocked his uncle had decapitated the president. He felt ashamed of the two months he spent with the Brotherhood now.

"Who're you by the way?" he said to Jack.

OOC: By the way the President's head was sliced off he wasn't shot.

IC: Robin grinned, but his forehead was breaking out in sweat. Suddenly, a bluish light started to form in his right hand.Even Morisant looked hopeful.IC: Alyssa put a hand on his shoulder, her eyes still glowing blue. "I never knew your dad, but there are some things no one, not even me, see coming."

BZPRPG Profiles

Jack then turn back the TV on to see if anything had changed, then the news anchor said," We just got more detail on the shooting, and we have just confirmed that he was not shot, but his head was sliced off." He turn quickly turned of the TV. He felt a grisly feeling coming within with. 'What a disgusting thing.'

Nicole began to release pheromones that would make Robin calm, determined and more confident. She hoped it helped.

“Come on Robin…”

IC: Triblade

“I watched the feed of what happened on the internet a few minutes ago,” Matt said; ignoring the fact that the person had ignored his question.

“Well I guess my uncle got what he deserved. Apparently Daken gunned him down after he killed the President. He just stood there and let it happen..." Matt would never understand why. Couldn't he have stopped the bullets with his powers?

"You're right," Ares said as he turned towards her. He felt her hand on his shoulder. It made him feel calm somehow. "But in this case I wish you had seen this... but we can't change the past now. My magic will never be strong enough to turn back the sands of time."

OOC: Not sure if you saw Matt interacting with Jack. His is the golden type.

IC: Morisant looked reluctant, but a shield sprung up between Nicole and Robin. "Unfortunately my dear, the Standing Death was the only trial your powers are allowed to help with, much as I would like him to win. I fear by breaking the terms we may cause his death." The ancient mage turned his attention back to the blue light...Robin Huntian. The Hunter. Even those that made the curse hadn't foreseen a dhampir trying to break it, much less with a female mutant's help. His external muscles were not strained any more. They would do him no good. It was all internal. "Halfblood," a voice rang out, seemingly traveling across continents of time. "Why, for one who is so afraid of death, would you bring it on another?" Robin pondered his answer for what seemed like an eternity. "Because," he finally answered. "I seek to bring death to those who have long deserved it. I will accept my own when the time comes- when have I ever fought death itself?" A pleased tone took hold in the voice. "You have answered well, Hunter. Finish the curse, as the Sword of Light and Darkness is yours."Robin broke free suddenly, dashing toward the pitiful husk of a once great wizard before him, even as a black blade wreathed in blue flames ignited in his hand. The sword cut through the wizard's ancient flesh with ease, stabbing him directly in final non-stone part: his heart. Morisant fell with a look of thanks, the body crumbling to dust.OOC: As approved by Krayzikk. The sword gives almost no new powers, apart from being able to cut extremely well and guard against mental assault.

Edited by Elvis

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Robin glanced at Nicole, and something in his eyes seemed different- less afraid, less insecure. With an effort he jabbed the sword into a sheath that had appeared at his waist. A sigh. "I hope so. You ready to get out of here?" A few instants paused and he kissed her. "Couldn't have done it without you." Truth. The Standing Death would have devoured him.

BZPRPG Profiles

ic: white lightningjack then looked at matt and said, ''huh, oh sorry. i didn't notice you. i tend to zone out and not notice what's happening.'' he shows him a scar on his back. ''and that's what i get.'' he extends his arm out to him and says, ''names jack, jack sears. you're the killer's nephew?''ooc- sorry flex. i didn't see your other post.

IC: Triblade (X-Manor, Medical Ward)

Matt watched as the stranger showed a scar on his back. "Gnarly scar man," Matt said. "I probably have a few after coming back from Vegas. If Ash hadn't healed him then he'd be in pretty rough shape right now. Thinking of her made Matt pause for a moment. He still wasn't used to his cousin being dead.

He shook Jack's hand. "I'm Matt Summers. Yeah its a long story, but my mother was Quicksilver's sister. She was one of the X-Men though, Polaris was her codename. Both of my parents were X-Men actually." He turned and glanced at Beast then. The large blue furred mutant seemed to be sleeping. His chest rose and fell softly and Matt noted that Hank snored slightly.

It would of been too much if he'd lost Ash, Beast and his uncle in one day. Pietro may of gone insane but he'd always been nice to Matt when he'd been with the Brotherhood and when Matt had needed to form an alliance with the Brotherhood and the X-Men to take down Weapon-X. Pietro was one of his only living relatives he knew about on his mother's side. There was Rosalina, but he'd heard she'd vanished during Weapon-X. She could be dead for all he knew.

IC:

Alistair opened his mouth to answer, glancing toward the window as he pondered how to respond, and promptly shut it again. His eyes narrowed, hand unconsciously slipping toward his weapon's handle.

Not far outside, a woman lay on the ground, just waking up from an unconscious state. But what caught his attention was the black... Thing hovering over her. He looked back to Dante. "Excuse me for a moment."

The teenager stood, returning his blade to its resting position near his back, as he stepped out the door. His footsteps carried him through his house to the front door, and after a moment's thought, down the street toward the scene. In the hours slowly approaching evening there were few others around, most people still caught up in the bustle of work, or otherwise occupied. Thankfully, since there would have been a mass panic otherwise.

Hand clutching the unseen handle, he paused a few paces away. He hadn't noticed it from afar, but the woman's style of dress was distinctly old, far from the modern standard. If he didn't know better, he would have said that it was a distinctly Roman style. But that could be dealt with later. For now, he stared at the bat-esque thing crouched nearby warily.

"Miss, are you alright?"

OOC: There ya go, Basilisk

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

“You’re right. This is a family matter. And your mother shot my family. She shot my father. Now, I’m going to give you a count of three and you’re going to tell me where the **** she is. Ready?”

"Like I would tell you," Christopher snarled. You hurt us, and laughed the whole while. I'd never give you the opportunity to do that again.

Time’s up raptor, where is she or am I gonna have to slice it out of yah?”

"I wont," The mutant said, "She's gone this way, yes, but you will never find her, and I wont tell you where she's gone."

"Come, try and make me tell you," He said, geusturing for John to try and attack him. He braced himself for the upcoming attack, shifting so that he looked like one of the Phalanax

Subconsciously, he knew he shouldn't be doing this, but he still felt the anger against John, against Ashlynn, Ric, Julia, Dallas, and Alec. And right now, it wasn't Christopher that was feeling the anger. It was his inner beast, the one that Ric had first called, 'Wild Card'.

Right now, if Christopher was in charge, he'd tried to talk John down. But this time, Card would have his time, "You may be the best there is at what you do..."

"But you ain't no Wolverine!"

Edited by Varren Rehn

"I had the worst childhood anyone can imagine. My parents were killed in a car accident by a drunk ### man. But then my Godfarther came in and took me, but it wasn't something I should have been happy about. He made me his personal hit man and made me kill all his opposing rivals. That's how I found out about my powers." He clinches a fist and electricity flows, then he lets it go.

"It wasn't until this year I broke free of his madness and killed him for he had done. He created a monster of madness and named me Jack 'The Ripper'. For I used a blade to kill people, now I plan to redeem myself and create a new path, a path of good."

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

IC (Lucia)

Lucia turned towards the voice. She hadn't understood a word he had said but...." Her eyes roamed over the man standing near her. He was clearly in excellent shape. A warrior perhaps? A member of this land's legion? One could hope. She needed to get her bearings. The communications barrier would not help things however. Rising slowly to her feet, Lucia was displeased to note her legs shook as she rose. She needed to eat. Soon. "I'm afraid I don't understand you..." The chances he spoke her langauge were small but it was worth a shot.

The Nightgaunt, meanwhile, turned it's head slightly. If it had had eyes, it would have been staring at the newcomer.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Alistair's eyes narrowed slightly. However odd it was, the language she seemed to be using had some similarities to latin, which fit with her style of dress. He knew some latin, since it was a rather necessary language for understanding some of the texts he needed to read. Written, he knew it. He could speak it in principle, but his pronunciation would likely leave much to be desired.

"Are you alright?" He repeated, switching languages.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: FeralJohn couldn't help but laugh at the last thing Christopher said. "That had to be the worst line I've heard in a long time bub. No, I'm not my father. But I'm the closest thing your gonna get to him." John popped the other three claws on his opposite hand out now."I was hoping you'd chose the hard way, you don't even belong in this dimension, allow me to escort you out!" He then lunged forward as he unleashed a kick towards Christopher's chest; followed by an upward slash with his claws as he attempted to rake them across the side of Christopher's face.IC: Triblade"Sounds pretty bad, but I think Shadow still has you beat. Being a Weapon for Weapon-X as long as she was does that to you." Matt said as he rubbed the back of his neck. He was still sore from her assault on him in Vegas when she took Aleks. "We left a lot if our purple in Vegas..."OOC: Posted with my phone

IC: "Nothing except confronting my fear of death." As he stepped into the outer room he flashed a grin and paused, fighting his fear again. "You know... Leaving all these zombies standing around is a hazard..." A devilish glint lit in Robin's green eyes, and he drew the sword once more, igniting zombie flesh like dry cotton fluff. A half minute later and he was standing in the middle of the room, taking heavy breaths. "Sword takes a lot out of you..."

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC; Just gonna assume this is classical latin....

IC (Lucia)

Lucia tilted her head. Clearly he wasn't a native speaker, but she could understand him...in a sense. Some of the words were different enough that she had to think about them for a few moments, but nonetheless, this was progress. "Yes...Yes. I am hungry, but I am fine." Her words were simple and slow, it wouldn't do to drown the fellow in a language he clearly didn't speak often.

IC;

There we go.

The words were recognizable, though it took a little work to figure out what each one was. His knowledge of the language was primarily written, having to speak and listen to it was a more difficult endeavor. But it was a start, and seeing as he doubted there was any other common language between them, he had tow ork with what he had.

"Good. Do you know where you are?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

Lucia paused and gestured to the Nightgaunt with one of her hands. "I told my creature to bring me to the largest....amount...of magic in the nation. This is a nation yes?"

IC (Lucia)

Lucia nodded. Interesting. Decentralized leadership seemed to be the order of the day in this land. It reminded her of the gallic tribes in a way, each village had a headman who owed allegience to a more powerful council of elders. Writ large of course. The man didn't seem disturbed by her summoned helper, which spoke volumes. She had not seen any indication that the 'Dark Arts' as certain fools called it, were widely practiced in this nation. Evidently, the beast had, indeed, done as she had bid it...if this man's reaction was any indication. "I am Lucia. You are?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

Alistair glanced at the Nightgaunt out of the corner of his eye. It wasn't exactly something he'd seen before, but it was not unfamiliar. There were many tales of creatures like it from a variety of legends. It also seemed to be, more or less, under Lucia's control.

"Alistair Martin." He paused for a moment, contemplating the situation. Lucia, it would seem, was a fluent speaker of latin. She did not know of America, as was evidenced by her lack of recognition of the name, and she dressed in clothes that fit in best with the Roman time period. As strange as it was, there really was only one explanation.

"You aren't from this time period, are you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

The events of the past few days flashed through Lucia's mind. The immense buildings crafted from glass, the strange devices that sped down odd black roads. The flashing windows, the fireless torches. Lucia was an intelligent being, only one explanation, considering this man's ability to understand her, made any sense. "No....I do not think so. Much is different but....you are able to understand me. This leaves only one option."

IC:

Alistair mulled over the answer for a moment, contemplating its ramifications. It was one thing to have suspicions, but quite another to have them confirmed. After a moment, his guarded stance relaxed slightly, and his hand lifted from the unseen hilt of his weapon.

"I'll tell you what. You're hungry, you look tired, and you're probably confused. I live up the road, would you like to rest for a while?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

"That would be....welcome." Lucia turned to regard the scenes around her. This place was different from the one she had arrived in, it was warmer...more pleasent. There weren't as many tall monoliths. It would not be a bad place to stay in. If only until she had adjusted to this....time period. "You will lead the way?" The Nightgaunt stepped off it's boulder, the movement was clumsy and somewhat awkward. It was clear the creature was made for flying, not walking upon on the ground.

IC:

Alistair nodded, turning around, and beginning to walk. His home was only a door or so down the road, so it only took him a few moments to reach it. He opened the door, and gestured for Lucia to enter.

He was wracking his brain, trying to recall what he knew of Roman etiquette. Which is to say, the few scraps of information he'd gained in the course of his studies.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

Lucia stepped through the portal and halted in her tracks. It was different. Very different. Cushions everywhere, strange devices, glasswork on display....all of this and more hit her like a wave. "Much has changed...." Her voice was distant, almost wistful. "Where do I....rest?" She doubted Roman standards held true to this land. She would need to learn it's ways if she was to survive here. There was a spell or two to help with that but somehow she doubted someone she'd just been introduced to would be willing to slice their hand open with a knife. She'd have to do this the slow way.