IC:And thus, the cultural barrier was hit as well.

"Well. You could take a seat in there," The British teen pointed toward the living room, for lack of a better way to describe the room and its purpose. "You could have a seat in the dining room, and I could try and find something for you to eat that doesn't come in a box."

"Or somewhere else. There are seats of some kind in pretty much every room of the house, so feel free to rest wherever."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Dante

For a second it seemed like Alistair was about to answer, but then the teen suddenly got up and left. Ignoring Dante once more, which at this point Dante was finding typical of the residents, ignore and ditch. Regardless, Dante moved to follow, unfortunately just a few steps towards the door his foot slipped on one of the many books on the ground. Struggling to find a handhold he grabbed onto one of the shelves, unfortunately that merely led to the books on the shelves collapsing on him as well.

Hence when Lucia and Alistair entered they would soon noticed a single foot sticking out from a pile of books. Said foot was Dante's. Rotten luck.....

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC (Lucia)

Lucia eyed the pile of....bound scrolls? in the middle of the room. "Is this....a common practice?" She had heard some nomadic tribes had rather strange tests of manhood. Perhaps young men had to undergo some sort of ordeal upon entering adult hood here. It was the only thing she could think of that would explain the sight before her.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC-Morrison:

And so there appears to be another, to take the place of Dallas as soon as he had left.

Morrison wasn't surprised, seeing another person come in, Dante stuck under all the books, and Alistair looking slightly flustered at all the events that seemed to be happening around him. A moment more and he might notice the small fox standing in a doorway, staying out of most everybody's sight, with a small message written on a sheet of paper.

It seems we're alone,

With a Roman and Wizard,

I propose a truce.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC:

".....""No, that would be something in this day and age that we call "foolishness"." Annoyance colored his voice, as he glared at the form concealed by the fallen books. He momentarily lapsed into his own language. "Do you have any idea how long it took to sort those?"Returning to latin, he sighed. "That took an entire weekend. If he damaged the spines, I'm going to damage his spine...."

He glanced at Morrison out of the corner of his eye, and raised an eyebrow.

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: By the way, is John still in his X-suit-thingy?

IC:

Christopher leaped back at John's kick, knowing that the lupine mutant would use his claws in conjunction... Or after. All that mattered is that the attack was expected.

"You know, we could just do this the easy way too," He said. Almost in a bored fashion, he shifted into a biped with razor-sharp bone-like spines protruding from his back and fingers, and charged John, slashing his new-found 'claws' at John, "I leave, I don't come back, you quit chasing us... I know it wont work, especially for the part where you'll stop at nothing to kill my mom, and where I want to see you and the others suffer for what they did to me."

IC (Lucia)

Lucia blinked a few times, trying to understand the situation. It could be a master berating an incompetent slave, it could be a mentor saddled with an foolish student.....or it could be none of those and implying such would result in her being arrested or killed. She knew so little about these times. "He is also....your guest? He has damaged your....scrolls?" Lucia sounded uncertain. Strange for someone who had a pitch black creature from someone's nightmare following her around, but time travel was odd like that.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Dante These people are so cold, and what's with all the Latin, and it sounds like there's a woman here. The Brit's voice isn't nearly that pretty and it sure doesn't sound like flower girl. His voice still buried under the books, it'd be very plausible for Alistair to not understand, regardless Dante spoke none the less. "Look I'm sorry about messing up your books, but this isn't exactly fun for me either, so could you help me out." Maybe next time I should start warning people about my luck...

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

"Sort of." He replied in the same language, glancing at Lucia. "He's more a tagalong that I haven't yet figured out what to do with. He's a mage, to an unknown degree."

"And he seems to have taken it upon himself to reorganize my scrolls, yes." A pause, while he switched back to english. "You toppled them down on yourself. You can get yourself back out."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

"It is not proper to assist him?" Lucia pondered this for a moment, clearly this society valued the abilities one had to an extreme degree, maybe they felt that aiding another would make them weaker. How such a society could stay together, let alone raise the monoliths she had seen, was beyond Lucia. Regardless the fact this man had taken in so many....odd sorts. Lucia shot a look at the foxlike creature that appeared to be...writing of all things...said many things about him. Father had warned her about people like this, people who attracted a retinue of colorful sorts

IC:

"It would be," Alistair responded in latin. "Were it not for the fact that I'm still annoyed about my books."

After a moment's pause and a sigh, he bent over and proceeded to start carefully shifting the volumes to the side, in an effort to free the buried teenager. "Lucia, this is my next door neighbor."

"And the fox is a kitsune of unknown name. He seems rather insistent that I form an alliance with him."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Thank you," Dante said in response to being to being pulled up, "it seems you guys aren't as cold as you appear to be."

Of course now out of the books his eye now took in a very odd sight. Object 1, Lucia a woman dressed in a Roman-like attire. Object 2, a fox currently curled up beside her, according to the brit it was a Kitsune. Object 3, the really annoying brit. However it was object 4 that was the oddest of all, a strange black beast that on any normal day would freak Dante out, of course today had been anything but normal.

"So um... brit boy, what's with all the new house guests. I thought I was annoying enough."

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC (Lucia)

Lucia had no idea what a kitsune was, but it was clearly an intelligent creature of some sort. She had heard tales of powerful beings that took animal form, she'd never seen such a thing...but still, this man had offered her shelter. Her knowledge might be of use. "Alliances with such creatures can be dangerous." The first law of conjuring a creature of the outer dark was simple. If they can talk, don't listen to a word they say. Rare was the creature that wished to be bound to the will of a sorcerer. Most creatures were mindless...and only the insane, or the desperate would summon something truly intelligent.

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"You are." Alistair said, lapsing into english. "But one I can't get rid of, and I'm too polite to leave the other stuck on the streets."

Returning to latin, he glanced at Morrison. "I've met this one before. He's more a nuisance than anything else. He decided it would be a brilliant idea to go ego trip when talking to a thunderbird. The result was almost a fight.""Then again, there was a fight later, but that's another story."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

"You live an interesting life." She studied Alistair for a moment. "And yet you are younger then I. For your sake I hope your life becomes less interesting. Better to be bored and long lived, then to be very excited for a very short while."

IC:

"Why, I'm just a scholar." The British teen replied, a bit too innocently. "I also had the misfortune of encountering every supernatural creature in Alameda in a single day.""And all but one of them decided my home was a good place to stay."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Horace

During this entire mess, one man had been nonchalantly eating the tiny sandwiches served at these parties. Despite all the time he'd been going to these parties he'd never learned their name. Suppose that's what I'm looking up when I get home today, speaking of which. The man then got up and began making his way towards one of the doors, he was thief after all, a locked door was no barrier to him. However from the corner of his eye he noticed some one he was acquainted with quite well. They were after all invited to all the same gatherings.

"Ah Devlen," he waved as he made his way towards the man, "this has been quite the party wouldn't you say?"

"Hey brit boy, don't forget that it was you who wanted to talk to me. I was perfectly content with going home and taking a nap."

Dante then turned to face Lucia, the brit boy wasn't the only one who had studied a ton of old texts, hence he wasn't the only one with a decent amount of knowledge in Latin, if not pronunciation. Hence he too was now speaking in Latin, "Lucia, that's your name right? Anyhow, listen be careful around this guy, he's crazy, and a control freak."

He then chuckled at the last comment Lucia had made, "Also, boring lives are no fun, I'd rather live an interesting one and go out with a bang early, but that's just me I suppose."

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

OOC: Yes he is AuRon. He hasn't had time to change, though he's not wearing his mask currently.IC: FeralInstead of dodging John allowed the bone-claws to slash across his chest; cutting through his suit and splashing blood across the black and white fabric. This is exactly what John wanted. He'd heal. He placed a gloved hand on Christopher's shoulder when he came in close and rammed his knee upwards towards Christopher's chest to double him over.A second later and John's was surged forward as he attempted to ram them through Christopher's arm l the way through. Maybe that would wake him up. "Or you can stand down and let me kill her for what she did," John growled.IC: Nicole"Show off," Nicole pouted. "You didn't leave any zombies for me, and I'm great at Black Ops Zombies too!"

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC (Lucia)

"Strange events beget strange events. Forgive me if I doubt your words." Lucia's tone was not impolite, if anything, it was downright personable. "We all must play games however. I will not pry." She eyed the young man who had trapped himself under the bound scrolls. Nary a word of gratitude to his rescuer nor any sign of real regret. He was staying in Alistar's home vbut he was rather quick to insult his host. Rude. Very rude. "You do have a strange taste in companions however...."

Lucia nodded at Dante. "It is just you. Few people I know would choose a duel with an assassin over a long and peaceful career in the senate."

Edited by Basilisk

IC:"He moved in next door, and I make it a point to keep an eye on this particular area. The world is chaotic enough without leaving an unknown mage living next door."

Without bothering to switch back to English, he glanced at Dante. "And you. If you're so intent on taking a nap, go home and take one. I could use one less person to keep an eye on."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Morrison:

In but a moment, Morrison had shifted to human form again, his keen eyes gazing over at Dante.

"Even I can tell when one is violating the bounds of what is acceptable and what isn't, magician," the Kitsune growled. "Do not be so quick to insult your host, when he does not hold you against your will."

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

OOC: Groan, another ninja.

Full blown roman person, and considering the Latin she might well be. So now we can add time travelers to wonderful mess of an entourage. Yeah I'm just gonna head home for a nap this is ridiculous. "Yeah, Lucia, I figured as much. Hence why this world can be so bloody boring, not to mention a mess. People want to live longer, and some one else always suffers as a result."

Then, just before Dante could open his mouth to say he was leaving, Alistair gave his permission, "Optime!," he said before he switched back to english, "well I'll be on my way now." Before he made his way out the door, foolishly tapping the nightgaunt on the shoulder as he did so, "Um take care of yourself beastie." Without another word the Italian made his way into his home.

Dante had ignored the fox, he really didn't feel like talking to another Human-Animal shifting creature, the last one had caused enough problem. Just ignore and pretend it doesn't exist.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC (Lucia)

"....He just touched a creature of the outer darkness without knowing the spells that bound it. How is he alive?" Lucia was about to go on when her guts called out, rather loudly, for food. "Ah. I do not wish to impose..." She eyed the former fox next to her. A shapeshifter. She had heard of such things during her travels in the northern empire. The germanic Beserks were said to be able to transform into large bears. A rumor she no longer doubted.

IC:"No trouble." Alistair commented to Lucia, seeming unsurprised by Morrison's sudden shift. "I'm not sure what you'll find familiar, but you're free to whatever you want from the kitchen.""It's this way."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

"Thank you for your kindness. It is welcome." Lucia rose from her spot on the couch and headed in the direction Alistair had indicated. Lucia knew she could not expect much on such short notice, but anything would be better then nothing.

IC:

"Eh. Not like I was gonna leave you out there, you'd have gotten hit by a car or something." Alistair commented, stepping into the kitchen. "And yes, I know that sentence made next to no sense."

Hmm. I think I can rule out reheated pizza, or frozen pizza, or frozen lasagna. Actually, if it came from a box, it's probably a bad idea. Save the culture shock for later. So what have we got here.... He thought to himself, looking through the fridge.

Oh. Beef stew. Probably the best bet. Humming quietly, he set the pot on the stove, and turned the burner on. "That's just going to take a few minutes to heat up."

".....""Please tell me someone didn't just knock on my door."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

"I heard nothing if you did not." Lucia shrugged, best to allow him to deal with it in any manner he wished. She was a guest in his home. She eyed the device before here, puzzling over it. "Amazing! How does this work? I have never seen a fire lit without some sort of tinder....or failing that, magic."

IC:"Kitsune-whose-name-I-don't-know, if you're going to stick around, please answer the door."

"As for this," Alistair reverted to latin, looking at the stove. "It's kind of difficult to explain. Basically, it has a flammable air-like substance that gets pushed out when you turn the dial. Once its lit, it stays lit until you turn the dial off."

"That's the simple version."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Morrison:

Oi, Inari, if I'm supposed to learn things for you, it would be helpful if you had taught me Lati--wait, you can probably just put the knowledge right in my head, can't you?

Oi. I think you try to make life difficult for me, sometimes.

"Of course, wise one," Morrison replied, working to wrap his tongue around the new language that was being...the best word would be 'downloaded' into his head, as he stood to answer the door, reverting to English.

"Who are you, and why are you here?"

profiles i guess

IC (Lucia)

Lucia laughed quite suddenly, taking in all the sights around her. "I understand very little of this place. It is...exciting. It has been sometime since I have had occasion to learn something new.....and now, I am surrounded by it. It is....strange, how these things work." She looked at the stew before her. "This is....some form of meat yes? How did you keep it from spoiling?"

IC-Morrison:

"You greeted us by saying that you most definitely weren't stalking us. That lends me reaosn to believe that you probably were, and if you weren't, then it makes me think you aren't quite right in the head." Morrison shrugged.

"So yeah. Unless you can find a way to prove to me that you're perfectly sane, then I don't think I'm letting you in, and I doubt the owner of this house would let you in either."

profiles i guess

IC:

The second John's knee connected with Christopher, the mutant doubled over, coughing for a moment. When John was about to run him through, he merely just grabbed the arm that had now impaled him, and shoved John's glove up so he could touch the lupine's wrist...

And then he pulled himself off of John's claws, breathing deeply as his body started to heal.

"I can't let you hurt her," He said, shoulders heaving, grunting as he suddenly found himself with a nice new painful set of bone claws coming out of his knuckles.

"Just like how you would never let me hurt Beast."