IC:

"Hmm? Oh. By keeping it cold." Alistair pointed at the fridge, as he moved toward the other side of the kitchen and got a bowl out of the cupboard. "That's called a fridge. Or refrigerator, but that's longer to say. It keeps anything kept inside it cold."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Lucia)

"But...where is the ice? I saw none inside that device. How can you keep it cold if...." Lucia shook her head. "I must sound like such a fool. I apologize."

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"You don't sound like a fool. You've been thrown over a thousand years into the future, I'd be more worried if you weren't curious." Idly, he grabbed a ladle and used it to fill a bowl, before setting it on the table.

"I'll be right back. Help yourself."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: While Silver had been good enough to push the bullets out of the wounds to Beast's back, that was hardly going to get him back on his feet. He'd lost blood, there could be organ damage, and just sealing up the wounds with some kind of biological polyfilla might have done more harm than good since Silver lacked any kind of medical experience. So Tyrone, as one of the most senior and experienced figures there, had the good sense to gingerly lift Beast up and start taking him to the medbay. Everyone else seemed either too confused by the confluence of huge events or too driven by emotion to realise leaving the headmaster on the floor of a basement wasn't too smart an idea. It irritated Tyrone that John's first thought had been to go haring off after vengeance. The kid had no control or internal discipline. Alec spotted his plight and pitched in, taking Beast's legs as Tyrone hooked his shoulders

IC: A golden eagle was a rare sight over Alameda and Bay Farm island. Normally they stayed to the north, the colder climes and better hunting. And, technically, they still were avoiding the Californian soils as the thing in the skies currently wasn't in all truth an actual golden eagle. It was Twonames, in a convenient travelling shape, making his way to what he felt could be a new feeding ground. Even in Las Vegas, in the next state over, he'd felt the gathering sorcerous energies in Alameda like a pressure on his head. He was a predator after all, and the energy traces of the mages were like blood in the water to him...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC (Lucia)

"Many thanks." Clearly this wasn't something she could eat with her hands...a spoon then. But where to find one?

OOC: Romans actually did use spoons. I checked.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"I never really thought I'd see this place a--Dallas?"

The alternate universe chronokinetic had already stepped out of the BMW before Angela had even truly finished parking. Dallas was already on the ground, gliding through the glass at a quick pace. Here and there, he passed mutants he'd seen glimpses of at the Weapon-X siege, or people he'd seen who had escaped the Manor before Johnson and his tanks came a-knockin'; one or two of them turned and whispered, pointing at him, but the Ultimate Californian paid them no mind, instead moving through the large doors and into the school. He found his target soon enough: Dallas could see him through the window, throwing away his trash from lunch and traveling ahead of a couple other students. Amongst them, he recognized this universe's Julia, plus someone else who looked familiar but he couldn't place (OOC: Anyone, really, if you want to get in on it.)

Out of the corner of his peripheral vision, he saw Tyrone, Alec, and some other students moving a severely-wounded Hank McCoy towards what must have been the medical bay. The Blue Meanie would just have to hope that his students knew what was good for them and stayed out of this. Ahead of him, his target dusted off his hands and walked out the door: for once, his soldier's eyes weren't paying attention, but Julia's were.

"Alex!"

He turned too late to throw up a shield: Dallas had whipped his right arm, and a Smith and Wesson revolver - Dirty Harry style - slid into the chronokinetic's grip: he whipped it upwards into Alex's nose, sending him skittering off balance for a second, which was more than enough time for Dallas to take aim and place his gun against the forehead of the now-bleeding technopath. The students carrying Beast slowed and stopped, turning around for a second. It was liable they'd try to do something: only natural, really.

"You all know," Dallas said grimly, his voice deadly calm as Angela and René ran into the Institute behind him, "that I have the speed to bury a bullet in his forehead before you all can move. Time's on my side, so stay still and don't try anything, unless you want to scrub more blood out of the school floors tonight."

"Dallas?" Alex asked in obvious confusion, and a little bit of what may have been fear. Good; he could still feel fear. That was a start for the cocky little messiah. The entire lobby had slowed around them, and Dallas hadn't even activated his powers yet: the whispers of "It's Dallas Green..." and "What happened to the blonde hair?" carried like wildfire across the lobby of the school. It was almost like a petty fight, in a way; Dallas relished the days he could get involved in just that sort of thing, petty fights, blonde hair, subtle winks and flirting. And then...

"You don't get to call me by that name," he growled. "My friends do. Or, rather, they did, before they all either died believing that you could actually do dick when it came to saving my homeworld or they died trying to make sure that you still had the breath in your lungs to do so."

Alex's face fell, then: now he knew what this was about. Dallas' face took on a look of pure, predatory satisfaction, which quickly fell as he seemed to realize just how futile satisfaction really was. It was heartrending to see the metamorphosis from hate to pain to self-loathing to hate pass through his face all in the space of two seconds.

"Yeah, you thought that little chapter of your life was behind you, huh? Thought that I'd just forget that thanks to you, Ashlynn's a pile of feathers and ash on a Colorado highway? That maybe it'd just slip my mind how Rebekah Fell had a psychotic break with reality after your lot tried to get her friendly with your Ric? That I'd just kind of mosey past the fact that we never even found Card? Did you think - tell me, Mister Intellectual, did it ever cross your mind - did you think that I'd just SLIP PAST the fact that thanks to you and your inaction, a girl I love more than life itself is left strapped into what used to be a hospital bed in Tucson, a vegetable in every sense of the word? Did you think that we could all just MOVE ON as easily as you could, after what we'd been through!? Did you think I'd forgive you for what happened to my best--"

"J-John? What...what happened to John?"

Dallas swallowed hard and looked away, the hand with the gun shaking softly for a quarter of a nanosecond before he looked up, gaze burning with loathing.

"John got the worst of it, didn't he?" he asked rhetorically. "Went full retard on us. Tried to turn me into a werewolf three times in the space of a night while we were defending New Orleans, ended up scampering off still in wolf form. The Phalanx virus plus natural instinct...well, he's up the creek now, isn't he? I'm not even sure if he can be human anymore."

"I'm... I'm not sure what you want me to say to tha-"

"You think I want to hear more excuses out of you, Mr. Anderson? You think I care what you have to say anymore? I don't want an explanation why you suck, I don't want a promise that you'll do better next time you're put in charge of saving a universe, that you'll try not to suck, because the point is, Alexander, you suck. You suck, and it's cost me everything. But that doesn't matter to you, does it, because from the start, all we were to you was 'Ultimates.' Just devils you knew, in the darker and grittier skins of people you love. It didn't matter to you, what happened to us, did it? Well, guess the what, Alex, it mattered to me! Because I've been fighting for the better part of three or four years now, I have lost everything, and the one time I put my faith in someone else for a change, it costs me everything! To be fair, the only reason I haven't put a bullet in my own skull yet is because I'm stuck playing Robert de Niro in a game of interdimensional Taxi for people who want to get back home where they belong, so you know what, Alex, maybe I do want to hear you explain something. I wanna hear you explain where my happy ending is."

No response.

"Oh, now you can't say anything? Now, when I want you to speak, the genius is struck dumb? Ain't that some ," Dallas chuckled darkly, running a hand over his face and through his head as the gun shook, pointing at Alex's eye for a minute and then steadying at his forehead. "Well, guess what, now it's your turn to speak, because I want ANSWERS! I want to know how many threads I'm going to have to pull on before I get a silver lining! I want to hear you tell me, right now, why you deserve to be here sitting pretty with your hot girlfriend, your fancy seniority, and your undeserved survivor's guilt in your home, when I have nothing to do with my life but shuttle mutants back and forth and watch as the few people that we have left starve and die trying to rebuild a home that will NEVER BE THE SAME. Huh? Still no words? Answer me, Marty McFly! Where's my happy ending, huh? ANSWER ME!"

Dallas' smooth voice, his beleaguered throat, couldn't take the constant strain of open-throated pain, betrayal, and hatred any longer; his voice cracked on his final yell, and he closed his eyes, looked down, re-positioned the revolver right square over the middle of Alex's forehead. When he looked up, his beautiful, crackling electric blue eyes were hidden behind a thick film of saltwater, slowly conducted by a sheen of tears.

"Answer me," he croaked desperately, half-pleading.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Adders... John carried Hank into the med bay a long time ago before he ran off. How did everyone miss this? Also spirit pretty much healed the wounds all the way but Beast could use blood.IC: Feral"Too bad it has to end this way kid," John smiled once Christopher took his powers. Now he couldn't shape-shift until John's powers wore off. "She isn't even real, she's a clone with an empty memory of what she once was that was trapped in your head. The real Sarah died a long time ago, and now she tried to kill one of the most important people to me,""I can't let that go unpunished, I don't want to kill you but I will if you don't stand down. He then pounced forward as he attempted to ram his adamantium claws into Christopher's gut. This was followed by a bone shattering head-butt towards Card's forhead, with John's adamantium skull it would be even more painful. Right aftet this the other three surged upwards towards' Chris chin as he Attempted to slice upwards through flesh and bone.IC: Triblade"Yeah they turned Wolverine into what he was. He was the first in a long line of Weapons. Half of our own current generation of X-Men were kidnaped and turned into Weapons until we took Weapon-X down by working with the Brotherhood." Matt said.He looked up at Tyrone. "Watch Beast," he said before he slid out into the hall after hearing Dallas shouting.But this wasn't the Dallas he knew. No this Dallas would run the Dallas he knew over with a car just to get a point across. Matt had seen it.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC: JuliaJulia's claws slid out on instinct as she held her arms at her sides, all four lethal blades pointed in Dallas's direction. Her face showed a mix of surprise, anger, and fright. However, as the Ultimate X-Man's tirade went on, her posture grew less and less hostile. She recognized that look in his eyes; it was an emotion she had felt countless times herself.Desperation.And she was at a loss for words.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC:

Throughout Dallas' rant, the technopath's expression had slowly changed. His expression morphed from one of surprise, to one of outrage, to one of guilt, before finally settling on the one his face currently wore. On the surface it seemed apathetic, blank. But at this range, Dallas could quite clearly see the currents of sadness moving through his eyes.

"I don't know. I don't know where your happy ending is, I don't know where your world's is, I don't know where anyone's is. When I was dragged out of my little torture room and into your world, it was a literal h***hole. A warzone. And over the course of two months, I worked with whoever was left to try and fix that.""Did we succeed? Depends on who you ask. The Phalanx are dead and gone, at least most of them are, but a lot of people died for it. And a lot of them were good people."

"Have you ever heard of hero syndrome? It's a cute little term they cooked up in one of the universe's I went through trying to find this one. It's their name for a certain type of behavior, commonly manifested in people with powers. It's when someone is literally incapable of saying "It's not my problem". It's when someone literally can't help trying to fix every single issue they find." He paused for a moment. "I didn't want to go to your world, and God knows you didn't want me to come either. But you and I both know that I didn't have a choice. Not only could I never have lived with myself if I chose not to, but your team wouldn't have allowed me to remain behind."

"And that probably was the worst choice they could have made. Because they put their faith, their trust, in someone who couldn't handle it. They wanted a hero, and you know what, I tried to give them one. And I shouldn't have, because nothing was further from the truth. I was a teenager thrown into a world that I couldn't even begin to make sense of."

"And a lot of people died because I couldn't. And some of them might have lived, if someone else had been there instead of me." Another pause, this one a bit longer. He was looking for what to say, looking for how to articulate what needed to be said.

"And I've regretted that every waking moment since." Alex blinked once, the only outward change in his appearance. Never once did he look up at the gun aimed at his head. "And you're right. Directly or indirectly, I'm the one that ruined your world."

"So go ahead. Pull the trigger. I'd deserve it, and God knows I'm beyond caring."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"She... She! IS! REAl!" Christopher shouted, dodging John's first and second attack, but cringed in pain as John's claws raked across his chest. Did John pierce a lung? He couldn't tell. It felt like it.

Wheezing, he stepped back, glaring at John, "She's real. She's the same as she used to be. The real Sarah never could've hurt any of you! And I will not- No, I will never! Let you hurt the only person on this planet who cared about me!"

Brandishing his claws, he gave a mighty battlecry, and dashed forward, aiming to pierce John's heart, and the space under his chin.

IC:

"Spoons should be in the drawer next to you." Alistair called over his shoulder to Lucia, as he reached the door. "Brotherhood guy, my house is near capacity. If it's important, come in. If not, please go away."

He turned around, and started headed back toward the kitchen.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Despite what the media would have you believe, Call of Duty does not equate to killing actual zombies." The fact that Robin managed to keep a straight face while saying that was amazing. "Besides, magical flaming sword beats magical flammable zombies. Your whips didn't appear to have much of an effect."

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC (Lucia)

Lucia raised the spoon to her mouth once more, downing more of the stew. It was quite good in her opinion, though that might have had more to do with the fact she hadn't eaten in three days, but she doubted it. Seeing that her host was entering the room once more, she paused for a moment. "Ah. I suppose you might have some questions for me? I show up out of nowhere, with a strange creature at my side....you are my host. If you have any questions, I will do my best to answer them."

IC:"Honestly?" Alistair said, settling into one of the chairs, and sighing absently. "None. I can guess where and when you're from, the creature you showed up with is similar to any one of a dozen creatures from myth and legend. Any more than that is your business, and anything you tell me is done at your discretion."

"Don't slip a knife in my ribs, and we'll get along fine."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

"Generous. You offer me shelter....but do not even ask for information in return." She raised her eyebrow. "Do you make a habit of taking in outcasts and lost souls? Or is it a recent development?"

IC:"Oh, it's a pretty recent development. And chances are it's going to earn quite a few raised eyebrows from my parents. But the way the world is now.... Leaving someone on the streets, I might as well be signing them into a short life of pain."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC Hei"No."The single word that was uttered out of the normally mild mannered girl's mouth echoed around the room. A change had come over Kristy. Her normally cute, appy, daydream face was gone, replaced by one as hard as steel. Eyes now filled with steel hard determination, as if somebody had snatched Kristy's soul out of her body and replaced with another."Your Card is here. He's here in this world. He didn't go home because he needed to ressurect his mother or something. He's living at the manor right now. So that's one less reason to blow Alex's brains out.""Second of all, I know how you feel. I don't understand, but I know, because the amount of negative energy being dumped off of your body is enough to power the world for a year. But it is all a waste. What is done is done. You can't turn back the tides of time," Kristy continued, unaware of how false that statement was, but that's a story for another time. "You shouldn't be wasting your energy going on some stupid quest of vengeance. Rather, you should use that energy to rebuild. Focus on the bright side. Salvage what's left. For believe me, as long as life prevails, hope prevails. Think of the Jews after WWII. Did they go calling for the German's heads? No, they moved on, as best as they could, and while they never forgot what happened, they didn't let that memory make them do anything stupid like you're doing now. Okay, maybe Magneto did. But that's not the point. The point os that you should be trying to do something constructive with your life, not something destructive.""I had a friend once-Vincent, this one's for you," Kristy said, looking to the sky, "Who had lost hope in humanity. While he was a nice, maybe adorkable boy, he was sad. Not teenage moody sad, but sad in that he saw no future in humanity. All he saw was degredation, corruption, and sin, death and ruin. And everytime, he would say something like 'What's the point of living? There's no hope for this world' and I would say 'Vincent, the world can't be that bad. No matter what, even in the darkest of times, there is always some light in the world. Even if it is just the voices of children playing or a bird singing in the trees, it shows that hope hasn't left yet. As long as you have hope, there is hope in the world.""And no matter how mad you are, you have no excuse to take a life. Murder in any form is unacceptable. God Almighty or whoever you want to believe in gave us these lives; who are we, the dust of the earth, to take such a sacred gift away? Sure, you may be angry. But the ability to overcome anger, to find the better man inside of you, is what makes us different from the animals. Kill him, and you'll be just like those you hate, if not in body or in mind, then in spirit.""Not all of us have happy endings. You ask where your happy ending is; think of the child soldiers in Uganda, or the victims of the huricane in New Orleans, or those toddlers who get killed in car crashes. Where are their happy endings?! It's not just about you! Don't be so selfish! Millions of people are out there right now, with no shreds of hope left. While you may have to deal with something much bigger in scale, it's still the same in essence: all of your friends lost and you stuck in a life you don't want. You aren't alone, and you aren't special""I know you probably think I'm naive. I know you're probably not paying attention to a word I say. To you, I'm probably just some bratty teenage girl who's trying to look smart. But I'll tell you this: if you so much as lift a finger against anyone in this mansion," Kristy stated, lifting her arm, as the room began to grow dark, "Then I will make you pay." Arcs of crimson lightning began to run in between each of her fingertips. The shadows around her seemed to materialize, throbbing around her, creeping over her, as the red lightning crackled, intertwining with the shadow, until a pulsating mass of something very unnatural was throbbing around her hand. Her voice also seemed to distort as well, as if she had been possessed. "Put the gun down now!" she roared in a voice that wasn't her own. "Remember your humanity, Dallas Green from another universe. Don't waste your chances!" Kristy knew that this probably wasn't going to work, but she had to try anyways. She couldn't let the children in the mansion be scarred by the sight of this alternate universe madman brutally killing one of their own right before their eyes.

Edited by Constructman

IC (Lucia)

"Yes. I imagine it will." Lucia played with what was left of her stew for a moment. "What exactly is the world like? Does Rome still endure?" It was a longshot, but she had to ask. The idea that the power she had struggled for all her life would have ended up being useless in the long run was....disturbing. Extremely so.

IC:

Alistair pondered the question a moment before answering. "No. I'm sorry, but Rome fell a long time ago. Over a thousand years ago."

"As for what the world is like today..." The British teen sighed, and stood, reaching for the teapot on the stove. "The world is in a chaos unlike any other in known history. Humanity has, well, evolved. You won't know what that means, but basically, a large number of humans are no longer at the same level as the rest of us. They're the next step, the next form of the human race.""They've developed abilities. Not like magic, but extraordinary just the same. And many people fear and persecute them. And finally, they've had enough of it. About seventeen years ago, some of them started fighting back."

"Just today, they executed the leader of this nation in the capital."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

Lucia nodded. She'd expected that, it stung, but she'd expected it. Far more interesting was what followed that statement. "So to fight back against fear...they seek to cause fear? I am sorry. Things could not have changed that much. Fear feeds on fear..." Lucia shrugged. "It appears that I could not have appeared at a worse time. Most of my knowledge is useless and despite my...abilities....there is a race that could match them emerging." She let out a bitter laugh. "Luck seems to have betrayed me."

Edited by Basilisk

IC

"You knew this was coming," Rene whispered to Angela, wanting to help but not at all sure what to do in this particular situation. He had no idea what was going on, having been stuck in the centre of the US for the past month or so, and had the feeling that this was a situation better left to someone who actually knew what the heck was going down.

Like Angela. She'd been with Dallas, right?

"You knew this was coming. Why didn't you do something?"

Angela stood beside the kinetopath, arms crossed, her eyes never wavering from the confrontation unfolding before her. Her jaw was set, framed by the messy tangles of blonde hair that fell past the shoulders of her jean jacket. The jacket was burned in places, and stained in one spot with something that looked suspiciously close to blood. Her white T-shirt and jeans were clean, if not brand-new, but the jacket looked like it had been to hades and back.

"Because there's no future where this doesn't happen."

There was silence for a moment as Rene struggled to understand this, then she continued.

"You weren't there. You don't know what it's like to watch your friends and family -your whole world- go up in flames."

IC: Dante

A house that is being moved into is full of hazards, especially since one does not know the layout. Of course things become even more hazardous when one has Dante's luck. Hence by the time the teen made it to his room, he'd already crushed his fingers on one of the doors, stubbed his toes, and had new bruises all over his head. Falling down stairs hurt.

Of course before he could sleep there were a few things he had to take care of. First of all, it was high time he took his research out. The papers had mostly dried, and the same thing went for his laptop. Unfortunately quite a few papers were now illegible, still most of the important stuff was there, so it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

Now on to more important things, truth be told wasn't really as annoyed at the current turn of events as he made it out to be. It really was just a matter of bad timing, all these events were new to him. They were things he had been wishing for oh so long ago, but never arrived, until now that is. However the flood of them, that was too much for a guy who at his heart, was in fact normal. So he had coped the only way he knew how, he had complained and fled. However that didn't meant he had fully abandoned them.

First I need to find some help for Lucia, that language barrier is going to cause some serious problems if she wants to adapt. Latin is after all a dead language, but that doesn't mean she has to have a dead future. I'm sure I have some book here somewhere. Over the years Dante too had collected a large selection of books, mostly concerning magic. Unfortunately he had found that he couldn't use most of the magical spells he had racked. The majority needed some formal training, and even more required actual magical energy within the person. Dante however didn't have an ounce of magical power within him, that's why he used his form of contracting, sacrifices to use powers.

After a few moments of scanning the shelves he came across a book dealing with Roman-Era magic, considering that Lucia had that beast following her she no doubt had the power to conjure. Hopefully she could use these written spells as well, Dante reasoned. Quickly skimming the contents, Dante found that there were indeed spells concerning communication and language. Honestly it wasn't too surprising when one took into account the size of the Roman Empire and the languages spread throughout it, no doubt some spells were created to remedy that problem.

Now I'll just drop this off and be on my way. Making his way, or rather, tumbling down the stairs. Dante left the house and made his way next door. Apparently the brotherhood freak was back, and was in conversation with the kitsune. Again just ignore it and pretend it doesn't exist. Of course this commotion meant that the door was still open, "Yo uh guys, real quick, I've got a gift for Lucia. It should help her out a bit." He said in Latin down the hall.

Just drop it off and I'll be on my way.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

Finally, the first tear fell, a beautiful, transparent little blot of water that hit the tile floor with a splosh that echoed throughout the quiet lobby like a mini gunshot; indeed, one or two students jumped, thinking that indeed Alex had actually been gunned down right in front of them. Dallas wasn't shaking, and his face was straighter now, slightly more composed. There was no remorse, nor was there an apology coming from the dark chronokinetic, but the hate had been dimmed and lessened, replaced by pain.

"No," he croaked, more to himself than Alex, or the other students, as the gun's safety was flicked on and the revolver clattered to the floor. "I don't do favors. Not anymore."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: White Lightning

Jack looked at Matt as he walked away. He then looks at Tyrone and says, "So...how's your day been."

IC: Marauder

After Marauder received his confirmation from Fury to head out into the aftermath, he headed into the hangar bay to get into a chopper and head to NYC. He enters the chopper and sets the system on. "I just hope I remember how to fly these things."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

"One doesn't rely on luck to get by in this world." Alistair said, setting the pot on the stove, and staring at it for a moment. "Relying on luck gets people killed. And I forgot to mention the world-ending Phoenix Force that is threatening to rise up again.""But, from what I've seen, you're rather clever. You should do fine in this place."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Luz/Alameda]

Luz chose this time, after silently stalking a number of people for the last hour or so, to speak up. She had a basic understanding of Latin, obtained during her years spent in the modern college system. Enough to understand the general gist behind Alistair's words.

"Human history has had far more chaotic times than this, historian. You should know that better than I. This is on a larger scale than ever before, but look at the greater world around you. The nation of America is in turmoil, but the world over others are having much less difficulties with mutants."

She then gave an offhanded sneer at the nightgale; competition for the "bloody giant bird" department obviously didn't bode well for Luz.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC (Lucia)

Lucia wasn't certain she had heard correctly. A gift? She had done nothing for these people. They had taken her in. They had fed her and now one of them had a gift for her? Rising from her seat, Lucia started towards the door. Evidently her intial estimation of their culture had been off by an order of a magnitude. If this was any indication, these people were generous and giving. Almost to a fault.

IC [Luz/Alameda]

"Stranger," Luz said in an loud tone, then repeated it again when she realized English was ineffective. "Stranger. Where will you go?"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Feral

Howlett smirked. Christopher had fallen right into his hands. He’d intended to rile him up so he’d strike. John had been ready for it. John jumped backwards as Ultimate Card stabbed and slashed at him. John’s own hands flew forward as he unleashed two slashes of his own. His own adamantium claws met with Christopher’s borrowed bone ones. Adamantium was the strongest metal in the world. It could cut through any other metal like it was butter.

Christopher’s bone claws didn’t stand a chance. John’s claws cut through them almost instantly, cutting them all in half. The severed-sharp ends of the claws tumbled to the ground at there feet.

“Bone heals much slower then flesh-wounds. It will be hours before those grow back, not that my powers will last that long.” John said as he suddenly lashed out with his claws again; this time aiming for Christopher’s right arm as he attempted to slice it in half, even with John’s borrowed healing powers he’d never be able to re-grow the limb if the hit struck.

IC: Nicole

“I can shape other things then just whips,” she glared. “Besides these zombies were practically catatonic, I could of killed a few. Jerk.” She said as she whipped her blonde hair over her shoulder and strode away. She’d said the last thing because of how Robin had dismissed her whips.

IC (Lucia)

Lucia stopped in her tracks, and turned to the women who had spoke. "I...know not. There is much to learn....I suspect that I could study for one hundred days and still not know all that I would need to survive in these times. It is all....quite strange."

IC:"I am well aware of human history, Ms, Parker, but I don't recall fireballs or teleportation playing a previous role." So many people in this house. Dad's gonna kill me. "And while there are nations with distinctly less difficulty, there are also nations having just as much difficulty as America.""Chaos becomes exponentially greater when ever greater power is added into the mix. Escalation, if you will." A pause. "If that teenager comes back in and messes up another bookshelf...."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC

Dallas felt a hand on his shoulder. Before he could think to move or react or do anything, he heard a soft voice in his ear.

"Dal, man, come on. You're better than that."

The chronokinetic didn't (or couldn't respond); Rene took the opportunity to pull his friend into a hug.

"It's okay. Let it out. You don't have to be a bad-###### 24/7."

IC: Dante

Dante anxiousness faded away when he saw Lucia coming towards the door, now he could just drop off this book and be on his way. Of course, as his luck would have it, she suddenly stopped, apparently he was going to be here for a little longer. I swear the only person in that house with any predictability is beastie, I wonder where I could get one.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg