IC:"I'm not sure if I should be proud or dismayed that I know what that means." Rebekah replied, smiling and hugging her tightly. "But yes, that is a very accurate summation."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"¿Qué pasa?" Dallas asked with a cute little index finger flick/eyebrow raise combo as Quinn entered his line of sight again. The raven-haired, coal-clothed, ocean-eyed chronokinetic turned from René back to the Portland-bred mutant with a small smile as he finally began to settle into his element again. Quinn walked with a slightly new demeanor to him, as though he'd just received the sort of news that kept you buoyant for the rest of the day. Even his chestnut hair had a happy gleam to it, it seemed.

"I guess you made the cut, then, huh?"

IC:

"Be proud of your troping heritage."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Ic: "Alaric said I'm too old to graduate so I can't be a bona fide student but I'm welcome to stay and learn anyway," Quinn said and leaned on the banister at the foot of the staircase. He seemed vaguely out of place with his casual thoughtful air and smooth sartorial lines that whispered "hipster" and "banker" with equal voices. "I was wondering if you could show me around the place before I take my bike to the garage," he said.

IC:

"Yeah yeah," Dallas replied, sliding off the banister and slowing his hang time so that he lightly touched the ground with the balls of his feet, as though he had been levitating instead of manipulating the flow of time around himself. René opted for the more conventional "walking down the stairs" route, and the newly-formed trio began walking in the opposite direction Quinn and Alaric had taken.

"So, Portland, huh? What was that like?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"San Francisco Bay," Dallas replied. "Specifically San Francisco, but it was borderline: if I took so much as one wrong turn from Candlestick Park I ended up on the way Oakland, and that...well...Oakland's something else."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: "I had a roommate who lives in Oakland and got his car broken into," Quinn said on a tangent. "He lost all his textbooks, his iPod, laptop and cash. I guess it doesn't really give me a good impression of the city," he said. "I came from Seattle before Portland, though. You could say I'm just a native of the Pacific Northwest."

Quinn stopped and pointed down a hallway. "That must be the parlor."

IC:

"...Alright, yeah, fine. I keep trope lists."

Brooklyn looked down, cheeks slightly flushed, obviously ashamed of her nerdiness. The youngest Carlisle plopped forward on the bed, spread-eagled and face down with a huffing sigh as she tried to hide herself from what she was sure was Rebekah's judging glare.

"I'm addicted to troping," she pouted to herself, muffled by the cushions and soft, fluffy mattress.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"...""You say that like it's a bad thing." Rebekah commented, raising an eyebrow. "Because I'll give you a hint. It's not. It's not even close to a bad thing. Everyone has hobbies, and you could do a lot worse for one."

"Besides. Tropes are awesome."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"I'm a nerd!" Brooklyn opined. "I'm a nerdy, nerdy ubernerd dorkpants! I'm the Neville Longbottom of actor's children!"

She lifted her balled up fists and feet and then slammed them into the bed all at once with a pffff sound as her extremities sank into the mattress uselessly; Brooklyn sighed and then huffed.

"You really don't think I'm a total geek?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"You're a little geeky." The former Weapon teased, grinning widely. "But is there really anything wrong with that? After all, let's face it. The geeks rule the world."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Hey woah, woah hey!" Alec stepped in front of Angela, "You supposed to be in here? Since we've got two injured and a bunch of medical crew, things might be getting a bit crowded."

IC

"Yes, I'm supposed to be in here," Angela replied vaguely, stepping around Alec. "If I wasn't, I wouldn't be. In nineteen seconds I'll be standing by the Headmaster's bed."

IC

"Sorry, I don't think we've met," Rene said as he caught up to Dallas and the newcomer. He extended a hand to Quinn. "I'm Rene."

IC:"It is kind of late, isn't it?" Rebekah stretched, arching her back, and feeling the vertebrae pop. "Might be time to start thinking about sleeping. Where'd you say you keep the cot, again?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:"You sure, Brook? Because I'm fine on the cot. I don't want to take up half your bed space." The violet eyed teenager shrugged sheepishly. "And I tend to end up in the exact center of the bed."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I'll go ahead and change in the bathroom," Brooklyn said, hopping up from the bed and landing on the ground cleanly. "You go ahead and change, I'll be out in a sec!"

She scampered into the bathroom and closed the door tight behind her. The young thespian was in there for a couple minutes, and when she walked out, she was dressed in a black tank top and short shorts - sleeping attire for her. Without even attempting to look for Rebekah, she made a beeline for the bed and plopped down back-up into the pillow, long dark hair encircling her like a wicked halo.

"Bluuuuuuuughablugghablugh, tired."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Rebekah, for her part, hovered a few feet away, trying to decide how best to approach the bed. She'd changed into a pair of black flannel shorts and a violet tank top, her previous outfit vanishing into subspace.

"Umm. If you slide over just a bit, I'll get on."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

In one fluid motion, Rebekah slipped into the unoccupied space, pulling the blanket up around her shoulder. Yawning slightly, she rolled onto her side.

"Well. Night, Brooklyn."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC

The kinetopath shrugged. "Search me; I actually don't live here."

He smiled sneakily, and leaned towards Quinn, lowering his voice. "Can you keep a secret? Until recently, I actually fought against the X-Men."

He stood straight again, and looked around, admiring the mansion's decor. "Anyhow, it's a nice place."

Ic: Fought against the X-Men?

For a moment, Quinn was unsure about his feelings about this confession and its confessor. In a way, it meant René was what Quinn had come to avoid becoming -- an opponent of the moral light, someone who became consumed by his powers to achieve ends that were not in correlation with what the people needed. Quinn came to distance himself from those who represented the opposite. And then he realized that maybe René was the exact person he needed to have around. Maybe, though some tweak of luck as fate would have it, Quinn was in the company of the perfect pair he could learn from, an X-Man and a former villain-turned-ally, a pair that could show him how to be better and understand both sides.

His face turned into one of seeming rapt curiosity and meek delight as he leaned forward to Rene's ear and whispered in return, "Can we maybe chat about it later?"

"If we don't get kicked out, sure. Dallas and I aren't exactly loved around here," was René's hushed reply.

"Oh." The news did not bode well for Quinn, but he understood why it was so -- any team who now had a proverbial snake in their lawn would be apprehensive and stigmatize against the new face. Quinn realized he miiiiight have need to be careful how he tread here for a little. He lightheartedly patted René's back and smiled as if they had shared a private joke to cover up their exchange. "Alrighty then."

Instead of waiting for Dallas to say anything, Quinn, determined to discover what lingered on the opposite end of the hallway, ventured forward and came out into the cafeteria, though it was more of a comfort lounge area with a food bar than anything so it was not without reason that Quinn had identified it as the parlor.

Edited by Arya Stark

IC: "Ooohh, you're a clairvoyant aren't you?" Alec ran his flesh-and-blood hand down his face, "I'm aways awkward around clairvoyants. It's, like, whats the point of me even speaking since you can see whatever I'm going to say. You're not going to start finishing my sentences for me are you?"

His chatter wasn't mindless. Well, not entirely mindless. He wanted to hold her up for those nineteen seconds, partly to see what happened and partly to try and break her out of this pre-destination fix she seemed to be riding

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Night, Bek Fell!"

Brooklyn snored loudly and dramatically once, a small smirk on her face, before she closed her eyes; she was asleep in a solid thirty seconds or so, chest rising and falling gently with slow, catatonic breaths.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME