IC:

Rebekah stared at the paper in confusion, looking up, eyes darting between all the people present. But mixed in with that confusion was also a wariness, and a dull violet glow.

"I don't understand."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "I'm okay. I would rather be of sound mind. Well... As sound as can be." Legion was ruffled by this turn of events, to say the very least. And it would seem it would be in his best interests to remain focused. "So... You are the real Romulus? Why are you only just now appearing?"

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC (Pontius)

"My...employer...left someone in command that had several defects that should not have existed. He departed for....many years before this became evident. Resulting in the events mentioned. The......organization....moved well beyond it's mandate as a result." Pontius coughed and tried (and failed utterly) to hide his growing unease. "He regrets doing so...and this is an attempt compensate you for the...." His eyes darted torwards Jenna. "......lost investment." Without further ado, he opened the briefcase. Within it were two roman blades, clearly crafted by a master. Steel blades, golden hilts and elaborate cravings adorned each blade. Beyond that, there were two solid gold bracelets with much the same design. The papers detailing the bank accounts were hold in a file folder on the bottom of the lid.

IC (Romulus)

"I, unlike some beings I could mention, know how to take my time. I am tens of thousands of years old. Patience is a virtue I understand quite well. Unfortunately, that fool..." Romulus regarded the body by the desk. "...forced my hand. His actions would have been disruptive to my efforts. Thus I was forced to reveal myself before I had planned. No matter. I am nothing if not willing to adapt."

Romulus nodded at Jace and poured him a glass of the wine. "Hopefully my clone mantained my high standards regarding wine. Cheers." He passed the glass the Jace.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: Since there was a timeskip, I'd better make short work of this...

IC:

Before Dallas could finish his sentence, he would find that the former shapeshifter had dashed off, looking for his suitcase.

The next morning, Christopher came back down to the cafeteria, dressed in a dark grey v-neck she'd found in Dallas' bags. It was a bit large for her, but it would do until she found clothes. The only real problem for it being large was the V-neck. On males, she guessed that it was to hint at muscles or the like. But since she was stuck in this form...

She solved that problem by applying the bandages so they'd cover most of her upper body.

She walked passed Adrian, seeming more awake than he was. The sound of her bare feet hitting the floor would've clued him that she was there.

"Morning Adrian," She said, yawning. Although she didn't notice, it would probably amuse Adrian that she was walking a bit towards the left, were all her weight was distributed.

As she sat down at a table, Christopher resisted the urge to pull at her jeans. For some reason, a reason that Christopher could never fathom, female jeans seemed to stick to their legs, like they were trying to expose how her legs actually looked. If she had the time, she'd have to find pants that weren't skinny jeans.

Christopher tentatively placed a hand on where her shoulder used to be, tensing up as her body registered pain upon touching it. It was like a wound that had stopped bleeding, but hadn't scabbed over yet. She dimly thought about how she was right-handed, and would have to learn how to write with her left hand. That wasn't exactly her biggest problem, but she decided that she would have to learn how sooner-or-later. After all, she would have to use just her left hand all the time now. What she really was worried about though, was her mother.

Sarah had fled, which put the burden of guilt on her. To her, it didn't add up. First, Sarah didn't seem capable of shooting anyone to Christopher. Where had she even had obtained a gun in the first place? The second thing that didn't make sense to him, was the fact that she shot Hank McCoy. He could try to believe that she'd shot someone, if that someone would've been going to hurt her, or Christopher, or any of the students here. It just didn't make sense. She would probably have to tell what she knew to Alaric, whenever he got up. She also would have to ask to take time off to look for his mother.

With that resolved, her mind turned to the next biggest thing on her list. McCoy had offered to build her an arm yesterday. On that, she didn't know what to think. The only person here that had anything like a mechanical arm would be Alec. And the reason his was like that was a result of a mutation. Not the result of loosing his arm in a brawl. She'd have to poke around about that before going back to Beast with her decision.

Last of all? Her current state. Christopher had always thought of herself as male, even though she knew that she didn't have a form of her own. Since she didn't have a base shape, she didn't have things like gender, or fingerprints, or eyes. She had someone else's gender, someone else's fingerprints, someone else's eyes. She'd been named male, she'd been raised as a boy. And now... Now she didn't know how to act. She'd never had looked at Sarah's memories without her permission when they were in the same body, which would have most certainly gave her direction on how to conduct herself. What really got her goat was that when girls got into relationships, they were with guys. She shuddered at the thought of kissing any guy. She made the decision to keep a bit of an open mind, despite how gross it seemed to her.

She sighed, more or less happy with what she had decided to do. This reality's version of her couldn't read, write, and could barely speak. He also had scars over most of his body, and understood little of the world around him. Christopher was stuck in a teenage girl's body, and had lost an arm. In the debate of which version had it easier, she found it a bit humorous that she, the version from a world that gets ruined every day, had it at least a bit more easier than this world's version of him. Or her.

God. I hate this whole gender thing.

IC: The Mysterious Priest

The Priest's grin grew wider, though only just. The way telepath looked at Romulus was as if he had known all along that the dead clone was in fact an impostor. Being as ancient as the Priest was, that was very possible, not that he'd ever tell you if in fact, he had actually known that.

"Well, I've never turned down a glass of wine." The Priest said as Romulus handed him a glass, he leaned on his gnarled staff as he held the wine with his free hand.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Song was down in her basement complex, and had no idea as to what was going on with the two Romuluses. She was too far down to hear the gunshots or see everyone running to the one office. And even if she had known she probably wouldn't have cared. The new Romulus was unlikely to want to boot her out, which meant he could do what he liked as far as she was concerned.

She was occupied watching any video files she could find of the X-Men technopath known as Alexander Smith, aka Wizard. Since she was psychic, devoid of morality and part of an organisation with deep coffers, there were a lot of video files. If she and Marcus were going to be using the mutant as their puppet to gain intel on any other potential Phoenix incursions she wanted to be able to mimic him to the best of her abilities. Any tics or habits or little rituals he performed would need to be replicated to avoid suspicion...

IC: Jimmy's scouting had paid off. The group were not a tight-knit family as he had first thought. They were...flotsam. A few random strangers that had been thrown together thanks to chance. Well, he knew how to deal with that...

Drawing upon the latent magical energies in the air thanks to so many mystical presences in the house, and a few of the blood-tattoos that scrawled his body, he began creating a ritual spell of his own. At key points around this Alistair's house, he performed a swift dance and inscribed a few marks in the ground. He sealed the power in place with drops of his own blood. He moved to the front of the house, as he needed an 'entrance' for the curse to get into the house and welcoming so many strangers had left the threshold weak, and started chanting, throwing an illusion over himself to mask himself from sight. His chant awoke the curse, which wrapped the house in bands of malevolent energy and seeped in through the front door to reach out to every individual inside. The effects wouldn't be immediately obvious, it wasn't a curse to induce sleep or pestilence. No, it was just a little something to lower inhibitions and encourage anger. The people in the house would find themselves getting more irritated by each other as their differing personalities grating and clashed, and feel more inclined to act on those impulses of anger. Given how disparate their personalities were he didn't think it would be too long before they were tearing each other apart. Saving him the trouble

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC-Morrison:

One thing that wasn't accounted for, however, was Morrison's abilities as an empath, and the level of control he had found over his four centuries of life; as the curse began to interfere with the others' emotions of anger, Morrison rather quickly noticed, and steeled himself against any manipulation by whatever arcane force would cause this or the others' emotions, when they would begin to fly around.

After a moment of thought, he jumped from Luz's arms, transforming in midair and revealing a form that he hadn't taken in at least one hundred years, a nine-tailed, emerald-eyed, wolf-sized fox, that had the ability to speak human speech.

Now...to find the one who interferes in this conversation.

"If you all will excuse me, I have something I need to do," he said. "Except...Alistair, would you please come with me for a moment?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:Victor Maximoff rapped at the door to Romulus' office twice, before leaning in. He had been strolling down the hallway, intending to visit his former master, when the sound of gunfire, and a flurry of Legion clones had drawn his attention.The young man had been waiting outside the study, eavesdropping on the conversation, until he peeked in. "Care to spare a glass of wine for me?" He looked up at the towering armoured figure. "Victor Maximoff. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Romulus(?)."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC (Romulus)

"The pleasure is all mine Mr. Maximoff. Do come in. The more the merrier." Romulus poured another glass of wine and held out the glass. "The vintage appears to be excellent. I doubt my clone's palate was so refined. I must send my thanks to the staff." Romulus regarded the beings in the room, by his estimations they were all part of the more....sane...section of the Hellfire Club. Excellent. These were beings he could with. Beings that could be reasoned with and understood.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: Can you guys delete Spartan? I've got a better idea...

Name: XVII-A1P-01 (Pronounced 17-A-1-P-0-1), formerly known as Jacques-Pierre BeaubierCodename: Morning StarAge: Technically, not even a year old. Calendar wise, 28.Gender: N/AFaction: EnforcersPower(S): Flight up to Mach 1, double peak human strength, durability. In addition to this, Morning Star is connected 24/7 to any cellular, wifi, or radio signal that happens to be in the area (free from roaming charges, of course).Appearance: Morning Star's body consists 75 percent metal, 15 percent organic matter, and 10 percent cybernetic technology. Its form is sleek and futuristic-looking, golden armor interweaving with "cyber-flesh", and a pair of black, techno-organic wings mounted on his back, the wingspan stretching at around 2.5 metres. (Should look similar to a winged toa, except with a sleeker/more futuristic feel). This is topped with a motorcycle helmet-shaped head, with a golden glowing visor (this visor will flash blue when Morning Star is suffering from a major glitch).A small jetpack is permanently attached to its back to give it extra power boosts for flying.Weapons: Technically, Morning Star's body is its weapon. In addition to its inbuilt strength and durability, laser cannons are installed in the cyborg's palms. A target finder is built into Morning Star's head, with potential threats being displayed as red diamonds (similar to the target finder from Black Ops 2). As well, Morning Star carries a longsword for melee combat.Skills: Morning Star is very skilled at fighting. It lacks nearly nothing in physical prowess, and what it does lack, it more than makes up for in intelligence. When it’s functioning optimally, of course. It glitches often, and during these glitch moments, its processor can be easily bewildered.Personality: Morning Star isn't supposed to have a personality. Emphasis on supposed. Its AI is somewhat glitchy and will often revert back to the original personality of Jacques-Pierre Beaubier, especially when low on battery. In those situations, Morning Star is very skittish and quite dorky, somewhat like C-3PO. When functioning optimally, however, Morning Star is very robotic. Devoid of emotion and devoid of free will, it is merely an extension of the will of Veronica Stryder, or whoever happens to be giving it its orders. However, just because it has no free will doesn't mean that it is stupid, as Morning Star possess genius level intelligence, backed up by a customized 8-core computer processor. It is programmed to speak English, and very little of it, but during glitches, it can become a French chatterbox.Weakness: Morning Star runs on batteries. While they are very high quality batteries, they still need to recharge. If Morning Star goes for more than 72 hours without a single recharge, it'll shut down. Secondly, Morning Star can be tracked by its wifi signal or cellular number, making stealth missions hard. Engineers have tried to fix this problem but so far, the only way to disable Morning Star's connections is to remove the chip entirely from its processor. Finally, Morning Star has the inconvenient tendency to glitch due to a combination of an unstable power source, overheating, and interference from its organic brain. It often suffers from "brain farts" and can be quite addled at times.Bio: The XVII-A1 line of cyborgs is the product of the union of bioengineering, artificial intelligence, and cybernetics engineering. Inspired by Weapon Plus's creation of Huntsman, Fantomex, and Ultimaton, the government of the USA commissioned a secret project to build a series of Cyborgs, collaborating with Weapon Plus on the development of "Weapon XVII". Eventually, the project was put away to deal with more current threats, but it was never forgotten.

Jacques-Pierre Beaubier grew up in Quebec City. As a young boy, he idolized the heroes of Alpha Flight, especially the hero Northstar, due to his Quebecois origins, and the fact that they were cousins. Of course, Jean had no such wild dreams for his life; he had every intention to become a priest in the Catholic Church. However, Jacques’s life flipped upside down when the Dark Phoenix attacked. Shaken by the death of his heroes, it didn't help that his parents died in a car crash (how ironic) in that same year. Being sent to live with his uncle, a desire to protect humanity not just spiritually but physically as well was implanted in Jean, who now desired to become a government/military worker of sorts. Joining CSIS, he eventually found his way into the ranks of Department H, before being loaned to the Enforcers to deal with the growing mutant threat. During his time there, Jacques became attached to a suit of winged powered armor, wearing it into every battle, as it reminded him of the angels. Little did he know how important that suit would become…

During one mission, Jacques was seriously injured and being brought back to base, it was discovered that his body was no longer functional. Technically, Jacques died that day, but one of the doctors working on him had worked on Weapon XVII and had the idea to use the technology on him. Injecting nano-sentinel tech into Jacques, as well as using the remains of Jacques’s suit and additional cybernetic implants to reconstruct Jacques’s body, the first of the XVII-A1 line of cyborgs was created. One of the doctors noted that the cyborg bore a strong resemblance to the X-Man Angel, and in an act of ironic comparison, the doctor christened the cyborg “Morning Star”, after the fallen archangel Lucifer.

After several tests and modifications, Morning Star was deemed ready to go out into the field. Despite a personality glitch in which the cyborg would revert back to the personality of Jacques, the cyborg was marked fit for service. However, it has not seen action yet, as the testing scientists do not hold the same views as the board, and so it rests in the depths of the Enforcer base, waiting for its time…

Edited by Constructman

OOC: I find myself at a crossroads here, to be frank.

On the one hand, it seems that once again we're skirting the line of things I'm willing to get into on a religious basis in this game; I didn't even like Jeremy overtly praying every time he punched a guy in the face. On the other hand...I'm intrigued too.

Screw it. Approved.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

Rebekah stared at the inside of the suitcase in silence, her mind almost casually noting the unease in Pontius' voice. Her mind was elsewhere, occupied by another place and time. Roman make.... Romulus.... Weapon X.....

Years before the present, it was a memory she recognized. She had witnessed it before, and it was no surprise that she would witness it again. It was the first time they had forced her to fight in their arena, the first time she had witnessed exactly what they were prepared to do. But it was different from last time. Last time, she had already been inside the concrete h***, already forced to fight. She could not remember anything before it. But this time, she was standing outside it, slowly being prepared for the fight. A tall figure walked by, a glint of gold at their side...

Her mind shot forward, as if there was a point that it was trying to make. Slumped against the wall, clothes spattered with what had once been the life blood of her opponent, she heard a laugh. But it was not filled with mirth, rather, it was filled with an almost predatory air, the sort of laugh a wolf would give could they laugh, just before closing on its prey. Even as she was hauled out of the room, she saw the same figure once more, solid black eyes peering at her, a sadistic grin stretching his face.

Romulus.

Romulus.... Romulus.....

This man worked for Weapon X.

Her violet eyes abruptly focused, flicking over Pontius once. She could hear him gulp slightly, and look down. He didn't want to be there. Ge knew the ramifications of his title, he knew the reaction it would receive. Slowly, a single hand reached out and picked up one of the blades, unsheathing it, and examining the blade. Perfectly sharpened, perfectly weighted. A weapon fit for the era from which it originated. Her eyes increased in brightness, the violet glow slowly becoming noticeable.

Pontius' heart rate kicked up another notch. He was no fool. and it was quite clear that what was happening was not going to end well for him. He had just willingly placed a weapon in the hands of a Weapon, a human being that had spent years of suffering and duress under what she believed to be his master. Every one of his instincts screamed for him to drop the case and run, but even he knew that running would only seal his fate.

As she examined the blade, rage began to fill the object of his fears. Rage so strong it seemed to radiate off of her in waves, the glow in her eyes fueled by nothing but. Even as her fury mounted, she remained perfectly silent. This man worked for the people that robbed me of my life. His master is the one that put me through h***, the one responsible for every **** thing. Johnson took glee in his work, but Romulus was the one who assigned him it.

This man is one of those responsible. He and his kind. Still examining the blade, she pondered the many ways she had been harmed by the organization that Romulus headed. So much pain, so much suffering. Her mind, stretched and broken in ways she would not have thought possible. These were the people that had fragmented her mind, robbed her of so much. These were the people that had tried to wipe her out completely, the people who had erased her, and put another personality in her place. A personality that, to this day, she wasn't sure was really gone.

These people had done so much. And they deserved to die. She could do it. It would be so easy. He'd already given her a weapon, a blade. He was a mere few feet from her, easily within reach. He couldn't run, and even if he tried, she could catch him. It would be simple. A single flick of the wrist. A single movement, and he would be gone to the fate he had earned. It wouldn't even be hard to clean up the mess. A nice hardwood floor, all it would take was a mop.

After a moment, she realized that everyone was looking at her. She'd stopped examining the dagger, and was simply holding it, staring at it as her eyes blazed a dark violet. Her hands subtly radiated the color as well, a mere thought away from the activation of her powers. So wrapped up in her anger, and hadn't even realized how close they were to activating on their own, and placing another weapon in her hand.

But more than that, she'd been thinking about it. Every lesson she'd ever been taught, about how to kill with the least mess. How to dispose of the evidence, so it would never be found. Angles of motion, vectors of attack. Probabilities. The odds that he would run, and force her to give chase. Her mind, so focused on the prospect of revenge, had noted with just a look his heart rate, pupil dilation, and overall level of fitness. Without even consciously realizing it, she had been working out how best to kill him.

And in that moment, the rage faded away, replaced by a rapidly rising level of shame. She was still being exactly what they had taught her to be. She was still Weapon X's little killing machine deep down. As the glow in her eyes slowly died, she looked for the first time at the expressions of the people around her. Pontius stared at her with undisguised fear, and a slight wetness of the eye that indicated he knew exactly what thoughts had been running through her head, and that he was trying his best to prepare to meet his end with a measure of dignity. Jenna stood near the door, staring at her with the expression of the perfect host. At least, the mask of that expression. Her eyes were another story, looking at her daughter's best friend with apprehension, and perhaps a little fear. She knew what Weapon X's purpose was. What it tried to do to the people it captured, what, judging by the stains on her clothes when she first arrived, what it had done. Ans Brooklyn-

She didn't dare to look at Brooklyn. She didn't want to see the expression on her face. Rebekah had thought that no one else's opinion mattered, she had convinced herself that everyone already thought badly enough of her that nothing she could do would make it worse. She was wrong. There were opinions that mattered to her, and two of them were in the room with her. And now she had shown what she truly was, and one of those opinions was gone, and the thought of what she might find if she looked at the other terrified her.

They were right. Just a weapon, pretending to be a girl.

"You can leave the case with the Carlisles." She said finally, voice tight. "And tell your boss that the gesture has been received. Excuse me."

And with that, she moved toward the door, vanishing in a blur down the hall, toward one of the other rooms. Her footsteps were clearly audible, and there was no opening or closing of a door. She was still somewhere in the house.

But at the same time, she was gone.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Legion ran a hand through his hair, stress twisting his face. Just when it seemed like he had found another leader to follow, here was someone turning his sense of stability upside down yet again. The idea of yet another true leader of Weapon X was beginning to bring Legion's confusion to a fever pitch. Just before Legion considered freaking out, however, he simply decided it wasn't worth it. A feeling similar to his carefree days simply following orders passed over Legion's mind.

If this man was the leader of Weapon X, then following him was the way to go.

Silently, Legion made his way over behind Romulus, and stared off into the distance, mind made up.

---

Bones creaking and lungs rattling, Corpse shambled through the halls of the Hellfire mansion. There was apparently activity going on, but it was of no concern to Corpse. And so he carried on.

---

Adrian lifted his head from it's position on the table to acknowledge Chris' greeting with a tired wave, then plopped his head back down.

IC:

"Uh...yo."

From behind Adrian, a gritty, pained voice with a light Eastern European accent sounded throughout the slowly-filling cafeteria. The man it belonged to still wasn't much of a man at all, no more than eighteen or nineteen; he was standing slightly unevenly, bandages still visible around his right bicep and under his black workout shirt, but his smirk and chocolate brown eyes looked as vibrant as ever. He slowly sat down next to Peacemaker with a low hiss of pain and looked up, ignoring the surprised glances he was getting.

Briefly, he reminded himself that these people had thought him dead after taking the hit from the mechs in Vegas for the X-Men. Hmm.

"They got, uh...waffles this morning?" he asked, trying to sound casual.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

Romulus eyed Legion, he had been briefed about the existence of former Weapons within the Hellfire club and two of them were within this very room. Romulus silently cursed his clone once again. It had been a fairly simple plan as such things went, Romulus had found himself in need of two organizations, once focused on mutants and their potential and one focused on technology. He could not oversee two organizations at the same time and he could not trust anyone to take the helm of one organization whilst he oversaw the other. Cloning has seemed like a natural solution. Then, not mere weeks after his clone had been created, he'd gone black. Weapon X had basically vanished. For a long while, Romulus had assumed that it had been destroyed....after all, his agents could find no evidence of it's existence.

The truth had been so much worse. It was one thing to kill someone on the field of battle, one thing to have them killed in the night. Those were clean deaths. Enemies deaths. What Weapon X had visited upon beings who had not even raised a hand against him was....deplorable. Taking a sip of his wine, Romulus considered what little he knew about Weapon X. Much had been lost during it's destruction and a black ops group appeared to have made it their personal mission to play havoc with what records remained. He had a list of pictures, names and a few files. That was it.

It was enough however. "Mr. Kennedy, Mr. Maximoff, I do believe I owe you an apology. For all the good it will do. Weapon X did not....function as intended. My clone is responsible for many actions I simply cannot condone. I do not believe I can truly make amends for all that he and his minions have done but I shall try. I will be opening bank accounts in your names as soon as my work here is concluded. Every month, ten thousand american dollers will be deposited into this account. Enough for you to live off of if you should so choose."

Romulus paused for a moment. "I do not know what caused my clone to malfunction. I shall not be attempting such a program again."

Edited by Basilisk

OOC:

Name: Gill BatesAge: About...one month.Gender: N/A, Male PersonalityFaction: Error, His Creator, None others.Power(S): Great strength, ability to, if taken from his current body, infect and control a computer. After that, his memory is much, much greater.Appearance: Tall, but slightly hunched; missing most of his internal organs, skin, or a rib cage; mostly metal, with some motors at the various joints to give it movement power greater than a human's and a range of movement equal to that; reflective 'eyes' placed at two points on the frame, and within the centre of it, a shielded computer system with vocoder.Weapons: Original hands have been modified into claws.Skills: Lifting heavy objects, interacting with computers, ripping things apart.Personality: Generally seems rather bored with everything around.Weakness: Break the CPU, and, well...Or somehow find him in standby mode and install an antivirus that is stronger than Gill is.

Bio: Originally created to screw up the SHIELD Agency's Helicarrier, Gill Bates was rather quickly taken out of the computer systems by a man called Error. After a quick moment of rifling through Error's memories Gill named himself with his rather pun-worthy name, and not long after that, he ended up removed from Error's mind into the robotic body he inhabits now.

If accepted, he'll replace...whatever character I delete in the next few minutes.

IC-Alexander:

"Okay, now I have everything set up, I just have to find the power button for this stupid robot..."

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: With a sigh, Nick got up and walked toward where the gunshots had been previously. Shaw would probably reprimand him again if he let unsavory people in here, and resisting the urge to bite Shaw's head off was not something he wanted to do on Saturday afternoon. The shifter saw Romulus, and Romulus. Huh. Weirder things had happened.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Gamemaster

Nick would feel a slight ping in his mind, if he were sensitive enough to notice incoming telepathic signals. But even if he did, it was too late; Wyatt had already established a connection and now whatever the wolf-mutant was seeing, Wyatt was seeing. It wasn't that Wyatt had suspected anything going wrong; it was just that he was bored, and that he needed some real-life sitcom to watch while he attempted to escape his cell. Well, maybe not sitcom. The sight that the investor was seeing was downright weird.

Edited by Constructman

IC (Romulus)

"Nicholas... Kairos isn't it? You were held for three years. Though as I recall, even my..." Romulus shot a disgusted look at his dead clone. "...mistake realized that was an error. Nonetheless. Weapon-X wronged you greatly. I doubt I can truly make amends for it....as I have told these gentlemen here." He gestured to Legion and Cambion. "However, what I have given them I shall also give you. I shall be setting up a bank account in your name. Each month, ten thousand dollers will be deposited within it. For you to spend as you please." Romulus raised his glass. "However, I doubt you wish to discuss the past. Come in Nicholas. Let us discuss the future."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Legion felt a flicker of confusion at the idea of amends being necessary, but didn't think about it too hard. Romulus had said it, and so it was. "Thank you." he replied quietly, content in the feeling of stability that was regrowing under his proverbial feet.

---

Adrian lifted his head once more from the table to consider his new tablemate. If he was surprised by the apparent alive state of the Russian, the only indicator was a raised eyebrow, and a quick quirk of the lips. "Should be. People have been complaining about 'em long enough." Adrian mumbled through lips still of the opinion that sleep was necessary. This had the secondary effect of maintaining the casual atmosphere. At least, for the moment.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

IC:

Brooklyn stared past Pontius, past Jenna, then down to the briefcase. She was set, for the rest of her life, as soon as she plugged in that bank account number. It didn't make up for what she'd been through, but this money...she could put her kids through college, if she ever had any. She could buy a house anywhere in the world. She could literally do anything. And the sword was nice; it matched the bracelet, which she'd already put on, and it was evenly balanced and proud. She felt like a LARPer just holding it, which was the coolest feeling ever for a nerd like her. But Rebekah was different. Bekah was...

Brooklyn blinked for a second and then looked out the open door, standing up and setting down the sword with a shy, awkward smile.

"Uh...excuse me for a sec," Brooklyn said politely as she ushered herself out of the room and downstairs, following Rebekah's path.

IC:

"Cheers," Aleksandr muttered, standing up. "Want anything, Sleeping Beauty?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Her path wasn't hard to follow. At her speed, she was making a fair amount of noise as she moved, and for someone with an ear like Brooklyn's, that noise was as effective as a map. Her feet carried her down the hall, and up a flight of stairs to the fourth floor. She walked down the hall, to where she had heard the footsteps stop.

And at the end of said hallway, was a closed door. More specifically, the door to one of the less used rooms.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Romulus)

Romulus handed Nick a glass of wine. "I fear we shall soon be in a dry room gentlemen. No matter." Romulus looked at the beings around the room. "Some of you have not heard my offer....and for the sake of clarity I shall be direct. You all strike me as beings worthy of my respect. Some of you have survived things no one should be put through." He gazed at the former weapons before looking at Jace. "I am truly sorry for the death of your lover. The intelligence reports were....unclear but no man should have to see his mate pass. It is a horrible thing." He took another sip of his wine and noted that his glass was half empty. "All of you have certain abilities that make you unique. Some of you are a mystery even to me." He smiled at the Mysterious Priest. "Which is no small feat considering my age and my resources. You are truly a master."

His gaze shifted to Ben. "I apologize for the small deception I commited when I contacted you. The twisted truth is hardly better then a lie. I do hope you think the results are worth it however." Romulus regarded the body of his clone. "If not, I shall be happy to compensate you in any manner you see fit." Romulus paused as Legion spoke. Weapon X had broke him. That much was clear. "You are welcome Legion. You are most welcome." Legion was loyal that much was clear. Shockingly so. At the very least, Romulus could ensure he received the place he deserved in the empire he planned to forge. "In short gentlemen, you are the best of the best. If you were about in the old days, men such as you would have been at the head of my legions. As it happens however, I have a new legion."

He gestured to the power armored soldiers that had taken postions around the room. "And the Hellfire Club has the resources I need to forge an Empire. However, an Emperor is nothing without his Legates. I can offer you all many things. Wealth. Though many of you do not need it. Power. Which I know many of you crave. Purpose. The Hellfire Club as it stands would drift apart the moment Shaw died. What I am offering you gentlemen....is a chance to get in on the ground floor of a new Rome."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: A moment's consideration. "If you could bring me some coffee? I would seriously consider temporarily enslaving myself to you."

---

"I follow where you go." Legion replied without a moment's further hesitation.

IC:

"Well, when you put it that way, I'll bring you a cinnamon bun or two as well, and you can subtract the seriously consider part," Aleks smirked as he made his way up to the line.

IC:

"I'm going to hug you, one way or the other. Don't make this difficult."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Nice to meet you, your majesty, shall I bow?" The reply floated through the door, a bit more sarcastic than was intended. There was a momentary pause, before she spoke again.

"I'm sorry. That was mean."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Jack went out to cool off after yelling out what had just happened. For all he knows, it could have been anyone in the Mansion. All he wanted right now is to find the sick ######## who killed Beast. Then a group of seven gangsters came in and started making a mess of the place. He looked over his right shoulder, holding his cup of Joe, then looked back out the window.

The lead saw him and slammed his fist down next to Jack and says, "Whacha lookin' at #####? Lookin' for trouble?" He didn't even look at him. He already had a hard day, and now these nut jobs are making it worse. "I already had a bad day, now back...off." He replied angrily as his temper started to flare. The lead didn't like his attitude in front of his men, so back off a bit and pulled out a pocket knife. "Well to bad, cause looks like you about to die blondy."

Jack then closed his eyes and clinched his cup tight and says, "I said back, the ####, off!" Jack then got up with such a fast speed, that he sucker punched the lead in the face. "Now, who's next." Everyone of them pulled out their knives and went at him. He dodged on of then and slammed his head hard on the table and then threw him at the others. He then threw his cup of Joe at one of them, hitting him in the eyes. He screamed in pain as he fell down to the floor. One of them threw his knife at Jack, but was a terrible aimer, since it hit the glass. Jack then dodged and ducked a few of his punches, then punched violently at him in the head and the body. He punched so fast at his chest, that lightning can be seen coming out. He then kicked him and the head, knocking him down.

One of them had pulled out a gun and aimed at him. He fired, and hit him in the shoulder. Only to get a return shot from him as he fired a lightning bolt to his head. The others then got scared and ran away saying, " He's a muty!" Jack began walking out, when he saw the one which was blinded by the coffee beginning to get back up. Jack then shocked him with a lethal dose of electricity. He left and headed back to the Mansion. The man's body was so shocked, smoke came out of him.

OOC: Someone might want to discipline him when he gets back.

Edited by Flaredrick: Forgotten One

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Jesika

"Nathan?"

A quiet voice sounded near the said aerokinetic, as a relatively small hand tugged on his arm. Jesika stared up at him, her vived electric-blue eyes solemnly wide for various reasons. "Are you okay?"

Whatever was troubling her, as there was obviously something wrong, she seemed more concerned about Nathan.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -