IC: Nathan

I looked into those wide electric-blue eyes, and I knew I had to be completely honest with her. "I've been better...but I'll be alright. I'm sure the doctor can fix my wing."

"Are you okay?" Never mind myself, Jesika was obviously disturbed by something she'd seen...well probably a lot of somethings, couldn't blame her at all. I was equally as disturbed, I was just used to the feeling.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Siun)

The doors to the tomb shattered, exploding outwards. The sound of their demise mixed with the roar of a great beast. The dust cleared for a moment....and then Siun plunged through it. He towered over most men, his claws glinted with freshly shed blood. Madness shown in his eyes, his muscles were coiled and tensed, ready to strike. The Demon of Valusia had arrived. He had waited for his revenge for years. Now he would find the masters and slay them. Their blood would be the price.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Jesika

"Uh... yeah, yeah I'm fine," Jesika replied, but her voice quivered slightly. A closer look showed that she was trying to bury it, though it was still visiable. And she was most definitely not fine in the slightest. But who could blame her? After what had happened...

Up untill now, Jesika had lived a very quiet life. Even though she was a mutant, the eleven year old was in no way, shape, or form ready for something like that. "I'm okay..."

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Shaw

The light in the lab was dim, as always. Shaw's footsteps resounded against the walls of metal and concrete, immediately alerting the lab's only other human occupant to his presence.

"Why, Shaw," the mad doctor cackled, lifting his masked face from a rather gruesome operation he was performing, "It is a pleasure to see you again. How are you on this fine morning?"

He suddenly found a wide, impossibly strong hand clutching his throat. He let out a choked squawk as he was lifted into the air.

"Tell me, Novocain," Shaw growled, "have you finished the virus yet?"

Novocain barely managed to nod slowly.

"Good. Get me the most stable sample, then get out of the mansion. You have one hour to run before I send Earl after you."

Shaw released his grip, and the doctor fell to his knees gasping and sputtering for air. He scrambled for a small vial and handed it to Shaw. A piece of tape with the letters "HFEBV" scrawled across it in marker was plastered to the side. Shaw grinned and held the vial up to the light, then pocketed it and looked down at his watch.

"Fifty-nine minutes and counting, doctor. I would get moving if I were you."

Novocain got to his feet as quickly as he could and sprinted to an elevator. The muzak that played through a speaker in the ceiling was deceptively calm, and he would've smiled to himself if it weren't for his current predicament; it was he who had installed that very feature.

A minute later, the doors opened again, and Novocain took off on his nimble legs. It was only then that he remembered the Nitroids that he had stashed in his coat pocket, but he quickly banished the thought. With the number of soldiers Shaw had under his whim and the injuries that came with the augmentation, the downsides to taking the super-steroid would far outweigh the benefits. His electricity powers wouldn't do much good, either.

He passed Earl on his way out the door. The Reptilian flashed him a grin that belonged on the face of a psychotic killer about to pounce on his next victim. Nonetheless, he kept running.

It was only when the mansion was out of his sight that he paused and panted heavily. He would need a way to get out of the city, and fast.

Meanwhile, back at the mansion, Earl checked his watch. Forty-eight minutes. This was going to be fun.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

My heart melted a bit right then and there. Jesika was trying to be brave, but I could see that she was anything but okay, an eleven year old should not have seen what she had seen. I did the only think I could think of, I knelt down to her level, ignore the sharp pain that I felt in my wing every time I moved, and gave her a the biggest, deepest hug I could muster. "It's over now Jesika, alright? You won't ever have to go through that again...not if I can't help it."

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion: "Well, it is always nice to know you're sailing on a ship bigger than yourself." Victor let his lips crease slightly into a smile. "But really, there is no need for an apology. The fundamentals of Weapon X were sound. Seen with the eyes of Fate, that heIIhole proved to be a blessing in my life.""What better thing for an orphan than to be taught how to survive?" He swirled his glass of wine, before taking a sip. "Had it not been for Weapon X's teachings, I wouldn't be where I am today. Free." The young man tipped an invisible hat to Romulus. The decapitated doppelganger on the floor. "So, I thank you." The mutant smiled at the armoured form of Romulus. "And you, of course.""For the gracious offer of compensation." The mutant's brown eyes danced swiftly about the armoured legionaries that lined the room. "But I prefer to earn my salt."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC (Romulus)

"I can respect that Mr. Maximoff." Even relate to it, having been born in the wilds himself. "Those born with power do not always wield it wisely.....those who earn it however...." Romulus grinned. "Are a different story entirely. Rest assured Mr. Maximoff, if you throw your lot in with me I will be able to keep you quite busy. I am also told I have an excellent benefits package. Dental, a generous pension...." Romulus grinned again. "....and of course, I put my younger legionnaires through college. It worked quite well for the american forces and it does the same for me." He shrugged. "But enough beating around the bush. I pay well Mr. Maximoff. Very well and unlike Mr. Shaw and my clone, I value skilled employees. Shall I count you amongst them?"

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

With that, Jesika clung to Nathan, hugging him tightly, almost as if she was trying to bury herself. She nodded slowly, and took a single, slightly shaking, breath. "I didn't mean to come," she said quietly, continuing to hang onto Nathan desperately. "But I was scared. I didn't want you to get hurt, you might have-"

At that, she choked up, and didn't continue.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I shushed Jesika soothing. "It's alright, I know you were just worried about me." The ironic thing was I did get hurt, her fears weren't unfounded, being an X-men could be a rather hazardous job.

"I'm gonna be fine, the doctor will fix my wing good as new."

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:Victor continued to swirl the glass of wine as he weighed Romulus' offer. After a long moment, he sighed."Your offer is reasonable, and your actions are evidence that you are an honourable man." The young man adjusted his glasses. "I respect that in an employer.""What does a man have but his honour." Maximoff looked down at the head of "Romulus." His former master's eyes were vacant, mouth half-open in death. He felt the scarred skin over his ribs ache, a reminder of how much he had lost in the heIIhole. "It was the only intact thing I managed to salvage when I escaped that pit seven years ago.""If possible, I would like to settle my debt with your mistake." Victor looked at the armoured Emperor. "He made life a living heII for us. For me. Weapon X kidnapped me when the Phoenix turned my childhood home, the Avengers Mansion, into so much dust. But they took away more than my life.""The organisation taught me a thing or two about cleaning up corpses thoroughly, and I would humbly request that I can give the same treatment to the tormentor who made me dissolve the broken bodies and bones of my siblings in suffering." Victor looked down at the body, mind troubled by the memories. "It would be cathartic."

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC:

Brooklyn gently popped open the door; if she was still stung by the comment, her eyes didn't show it. They were practically chocolate orbs, wide and expressive and full of care as she stepped gingerly towards Rebekah, then crossed the room with almost-hyperkinetic speed and sat down beside the ex-Weapon. She landed with an oomph on the pool table; her momentum was such that the table was pushed off balance for a second and then landed on the chair legs.

"Hey, beautiful."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Hey." The reply came dully, as Rebekah continued to stare at the window. Her face was as expressionless as possible, but not naturally so. She had gone into what Brooklyn had, in her head, dubbed Safe Mode, wherein she simply pretended not to react to anything.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Rebekah, have you ever hit a sock puppet in the face?"

Rebekah turned, incredulous, to look at Brooklyn, who was nodding sagely and looking forward as her legs - still clad in just short shorts from her pajamas - kicked back and forth against the pool table. Her eyes were expressive, but also sagely in an odd sense; her very movements dictated a philosophical calm that slowly seeped into Rebekah as well.

"When I was eight, my dad had a sock puppet that he would wave around in my face whenever he was bummed, and every day I would pout and sulk and eventually, I'd get irritated with my dad and I'd SMACK! I'd hit the sock puppet right in the face. And for some reason, I always felt better. You know why? It's because one day, after I told him the exact same thing I just told you, my dad pulled me aside and said, 'Brooklyn, the reason you feel better is because the sock puppet is just a puppet for what the real problem is. You're not doing anything to solve it, but it helps you feel better.' Get what I'm saying?"

Brooklyn sighed when it was clear that Rebekah was not, in fact, getting what she was saying, and looked down at her legs.

"Bek, you're curbstomping a sock puppet right now. You're not doing anything to solve the issue, you're just trying to make yourself feel better. Come on. Let's go up there, accept the gift with a smile on our faces, and then we can work on finally putting everything behind us. And we'll do it together - just like we'll do everything together for the rest of our lives. Mmkai?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

Romulus nodded. "Of course. I would not deny you such a thing. Do what you will with that beast's remains." Romulus sipped his wine again. "If you wish, I could have one of my legionnaires help you move the body. Disposing of it....would of course, be utterly up to you." Romulus cursed his clone for what felt the hundredth time. That beast, barbarian that he was, had still had a bestial sort of cunning. That cunning had allowed the beast to hide from him for a long while. The damage he had done could never be repaired. Weapon-X was destroyed and half of the foundations of his new empire had gone with it. That had set him back by decades. He shared a face with the beast and thanks to the actions of that monster, those who might have been allies would almost assuredly be enemies.

Edited by Basilisk

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:

"Thank you, Romulus." Victor smiled amiably at Romulus, a hint of trauma-induced sadness on his face. "I will get to the task right away. It should take around an hour." Maximoff picked up the head of the mutant by the hair, feeling the weight of the ancient mutant's adamantium skull and took Romulus's decapitated corpse by the arm. "I would appreciate the help of one of your legionaries."An armoured soldier walked over and helped Maximoff with the body. Victor hoisted the arm over his shoulder, supporting the giant of a man's weight with the help of the soldier. "Thank you. Please help me take the corpse to my room. Just down a couple of floors. We can take the elevator." "It will likely take me an hour to dispose of the body. I will return to you when I am finished. Unless there is another location you wish to rendezvous at?" Maximoff smiled as he and the legionary left the room, dragging 'Romulus' corpse behind them.

He glanced down at the head he had grasped in his hand. "Karma is a ***** isn't it, Romulus?"

OOC: Skipping some of the walking.IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:Maximoff sighed as he set down the body, and walked to the his iPod dock, plugging in his favourite cleaning playlist. He had sent the legionary back to Romulus, before ensuring that the hallway was empty. Victor smiled and looked down at the corpse, before zipping up the body bag where he had deposited the former head of Weapon X. The young bespectacled man drummed his fingers on the silver table where the body bag was placed. The man pressed a few keys on his iPad.

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC:

"It's Belikov, actually," Aleks grumbled, sitting beside Adrian and sliding him a cup of coffee, black with several different creams and sugars on the side since it was common knowledge that black coffee is atrocious, as well as two cinnamon buns. Christopher got a bowl of Cocoa Puffs and some milk, and Aleks got himself...well, both.

"But it's excusable."

IC:

"So, what was different about your universe?"

He looked up at the query to Quinn, sitting across the table and lightly chewing eggs benedict as he stared at the chronokinetic. Dallas paused the stream of Flying Lotus on his iPod and slid his over-ear headphones around his neck, rolling a kiwi around on his plate idly.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you said it was an alternate dimension. Something had to be different, right?"

His eyebrow rose at that, and with his empathetic powers he could feel Quinn's sudden light nervousness, his unwillingness to offend, as he watched Dallas ponder the question. His blue eyes crackled as he stared down at the kiwi, peeling it and then lightly cutting it. One slice was speared clean through with a fork and lifted to Dallas' thin mouth; he seemed to be writing an answer in his head, eyes rolled slightly upward, before he shrugged and spoke, mouth now empty.

"Alien invaders," he said simply. "They came, they saw, they blew up our cities and turned human beings by the millions into technology-human brainwashed hybrids every day. Where I come from, this place is a crater, and all the people inside merely stains."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: Quinn fell silent at that, mulling over the grim reality Dallas had painted for him. It was frightening, to say the least, and made his skin crawl just to think of it, but the image that his keen imagination drew, strange beings turning X-Men into slag on the walls, was already seared to the insides of his corneas. He quickly looked down at the plate of eggs benedict and played with the hollandaise sauce with a prong of his fork.He needed to change the subject quickly and his mind flitted to an obvious choice. "So after you came here, how did you meet René?"

IC:

"I know, Brook. And I'm really trying."

The former Weapon fell silent for a long moment. Brooklyn didn't say anything, she knew that Rebekah wasn't yet done. Her violet eyes were still fixed on an unknown point outside the window, overlooking the cliff. "I was going to do it, Brooklyn."

"When I picked up that weapon, I remembered who his boss was. Where I'd seen him, what he'd done. And I knew that the guy who came here worked for him. He worked for Weapon X. And I felt so angry. All I could think about was what they had done, and what I wanted to do in return."

"****." She paused for a moment, blinking once. "I was already working out how to do it. Without even realizing it, I was already working out how to kill him, and clean up the mess. You know why I stopped? Because I saw what I was doing. Because when I looked at your mom, she was scared."

Her voice had taken on a quiet note of shame. "I was still doing exactly what they'd brought me up to do. For a moment, it was like nothing had changed. Because it was that same anger, the one that existed for six years of my life. It was that same rage, restrained by cold, applied reasoning. And I hadn't even realized I was doing it."

"Sometimes, I wonder if I ever really escaped. Maybe I'm just a weapon pretending to be a person, just like everyone at the manor thinks."

"You know what, never mind. I'm being stupid." Without much warning, she slipped off her perch, and onto the floor. "You don't need to listen to my moral debates, or my identity issues. Let's go see the man out, and we can go back to our day, like we planned."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Well, we were looking for a technopath to snag so that we could go home and take out the aliens by using their own bodies against them," Dallas explained. "We ended up at the Brotherhood of Mutants HQ, tagging along with the X-Men. René...he likes to pretend that he's a real mofo and all, but to be honest, all he did was sit around in the Brotherhood HQ and play solitaire, maybe hustle a couple mutants out of their money in poker now and then. That's where I found him, at the poker table, and we just...hit it off. We met up again in the Midwest when I came back, after he'd left the Brotherhood. He was down to come along."

IC:

"Rebekah--"

She was already moving towards the door, and Brooklyn couldn't help herself: she lunged off the pool table and tackled Rebekah to the ground, holding her in a hug and keeping her arms pinned by the wrists at her sides. The young Carlisle's face was sympathetic, but still firm; Rebekah knew from that look that she wasn't escaping from this so easily.

"Look at me. Hey, hey, Bek. Look at me. You are a person and your name is Anakin."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: "I see," Quinn said as he cut into the moist English muffin. "So he was basically just a name in the books?"

"Mmhm," Dallas hummed in reply as he ate his fruit.

"That doesn't seem too bad, really, though I suppose the mere former affiliation can make you a black sheep here."

Ooc: pardon for bad posting, I be using an iPad, which demands perfection.Ic:"OK, It feels weird, turning over in my sleep, and no shoulder to prop my head up," Christopher lamented, shakily holding up a spoon with her left hand. She'd never had this particular type of cereal before, and she momentarily hesitated before taking a bite of the chocolate cereal. Her eyes grew in wonder at the taste of the sugery food."Why have I never heard of this stuff before!?" She asked, swallowing her current bite, and quickly shoveling more cocoa puffs into her mouth, "It tastes amazing!"

IC:

"Wow."

IC:

"Trust me: there's weirder here," Dallas assured Quinn with a roll of his eyes, finishing off his kiwi and moving towards a plate of waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. "At least, there is if at least a tenth of the people from my universe have incarnations here."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I've eaten cereal twice a week since I was seven, I worked for the Russian Mafia and Weapon-X, two organizations which have the worst dental plans in their respective hemispheres, and my teeth are still literally perfect."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Oh, joy. I get to go dark side and kill a bunch of people." Rebekah commented, deciding not to resist the hug. There wasn't much of a point, all the other options were worse. Her words held a slight sarcasm to them, but it was far less mean-spirited than before. More just... Resigned.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Hei

The occupants of the cafeteria would hear music enter the cafeteria.

Kristy, who was definitely not fully awake yet, walked into the cafeteria, headphones in her ears (though not connected to the iPod), and sat down at a random table. Her hands reflexively moved towards the table as if to grab a piece of food before she realized that she hadn't gotten any. As Stevie Wonder blared out of the iPod (normally she wouldn't listen to 70's music but she was too tired to notice), she made her way over to serving counter, eyes blankly staring over the food, before she grabbed some hash browns, scrambled eggs, and a bagel. Making ehr way back to the table, she plopped the tray down and just sat there. She definitely wasn't awake yet.

Edited by Constructman

IC:

"A guy in my profes...well...a guy like me has to pick up ambidexterity quick, yeah," Aleks affirmed with a nod of his head as he took a bite of a cinnamon roll.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: White Lightning

Jack made it back to the mansion. Even though he was still in rage, he should a faint smile on his face. Upon getting into the Mansion, an X-Men came up to him and started making a serious talk to him.

OOC: This is where one of the staff comes in. I intend for Jack to be punished for what he did out there in the diner.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Jesika shuddered slightly as a pent-up breath was released, and she continued to hug Nathan tightly, unwilling to move. As it was, she felt better than before, besides, Nathan's hug was rather warm. After a moment, Jesika glanced at his wing, cringing slightly as she caught sight of it's rather that unnatural angle it was bent at. "You sure you're okay?" She asked him, looking at at him with her large, sincere eyes.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

I almost choked up a bit right then and there, I had been doing a pretty good job at looking like I was only in minimal pain, but the fact was I was barely keeping myself from losing my mind, the constant throbbing was particularly bad.

Of course, I wasn't gonna burden Jesika with all this, in fact, I had a quite obvious solution. "Yeah...in fact, I think I'm gonna go see the doctor right now..."

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:

Oh what a beautiful morning,Oh what a beautiful day,I've got a wonderful feeling,Everything's going my way.

Maximoff stopped his song, smirked and blew on his adamantium knife, the silver metal clouding with a touch of condensation.Dispose of Romulus' corpse. Bah. Only a idealistic, poetry-obssessed, impractical fool would throw away the body of the former leader of Weapon X. The bespectacled mutant grinned and continued to clean the knife, as his music played. He had managed to sneak the body, hidden in the oversized body bag, up to one of Novocain's labs. The young man had managed to shift Romulus' body onto a metal gurney, and had aligned the ancient mutant's head back with his body. It made the work a little more satisfying.

Maximoff continued to polish the adamantium knife with a smirk. He knew for a fact that adamantium was an atrociously expensive metal. Most of the time, it was impossible to reshape it once set. But it never hurt to have a few hundred pounds of the stuff at the back of your safe. "Why toss what can be sold?" Already, the young man was running a list of potential buyers through his head. The sheer amount of the metal would be worth a billion dollars. Minimum. He hoisted up a set of tongs, admiring his reflection in the silver surface. First, though, he would have to ease the old mutant's adamantium blades back into his arms. It wouldn't do to have eight of those razor-sharp things bouncing around in the back of a van. "Liable to hurt someone, it would." The young man set to work, shoving the metal implants back into their sheathes before turning to grab another implement.

All the sounds of the earth are like music,All the sounds of the earth are like music,The breeze is so busy it don't miss a tree,And an ol' Weepin' Willer is laughin' at- *plink*

A jarring plink interrupted the young man's thoughts of sales, profit and goodies. The sound was followed up by another similar noise. Then another. The sound of metal against metal. What Victor saw as he turned caused him to reach for the small communication device he had received from the Club, as he hastily began to pack up the corpse once again. The Black Knight dialed in a series of numbers, holding the device between his ear and shoulder, as he folded Romulus' arms over his chest and zipped up the body bag.Muttering under his breath, Victor wheeled the concealed corpse out of the laboratory, and towards the vehicle bay. "Come on, you two. Answer the call, ******."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

"Okay, good," Jesika replied, seeming a bit more relieved than before, her expression relaxing somewhat as she closer her eyes contently. There was a moment's pause, before she seemed to realise that Nathan going to see the doctor would require her to stop hugging him. Which she did. Rather quickly, too. "Oh right sorry I uh..." she said, her words tripping over each other, possibly because she was trying to stop her face from reddening any more than it already was.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:Victor was wheeling the gurney down towards the most likely location of Shaw, tapping into his Chaos manipulation, in an attempt to increase the odds of success, and decrease the odds of running into an unfriendly face. It was always an exhilarating experience to tap into the power of chaos. Like a rush of adrenaline, endorphins, and any kind of pleasure hormone, all at once.

Finally!

Shaw had answered. Victor wheeled the gurney around a corner, as he saw the sleek form of Reptilian pass by. Victor's voice was rushed. "Shaw. There's a situation I need to inform you about. It'd be best done in person. Where are you at the moment, and is Song nearby?"

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies