IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion: "I'm just around the corn-" Victor stopped awkwardly as he entered the lobby, pushing the gurney and its sealed payload. "And here we are." Maximoff smiled sheepishly, as he unzipped the bag, revealing Romulus' mane of hair. "Yeah, I should probably explain the body." The young mutant rubbed his temple for a moment and collected his thoughts. In any other circumstance, his message would sound like the raving of a lunatic. "First of all, the lobby is far too open to attacks. We need to get out of this room." "The Mansion has been compromised. I'll start from the beginning." The Black Knight pushed the gurney down the hallway where Shaw beckoned him to walk, towards the wing opposite from the White Bishop's study. "Romulus has some kind of clone with a fetish for Rome. I was going to visit the White Bishop, discuss something that came up during my sweep of the news that might interest the Club." The young man frowned. "Lo and behold, I arrive in Romulus' office, only to find the old bear decapitated and filled with bullets. Now, both of us know that no amount of bullets, armour-piercing or not, would put down Romulus. Most of the ones I found had ricocheted off of his skeleton. His clone managed to cut through the connective tissue between his vertebrae." "That aside. Romulus' clone managed to smuggle in at least a Baker's dozen of soldiers with some kind of power armour and guns. Big guns. He calls them his legionaries." Victor Maximoff continued to walk briskly. "The guy's on a recruiting drive. Recruiting a bunch of lieutenants to resurrect an eternal Rome over the smouldering ashes of the Hellfire Club and anyone else in his way. The Mysterious Priest, Jace, Legion, and Ben were there. A couple of them seemed to drink the Flavor-Aid." "Anyways, I managed to act my way into getting Romulus' body. I realigned his head to his body, and let his healing factor do the rest. As you can see-" Victor pulled on the body bag, opening it wider to reveal the unmarred chest and face of the Bishop. "- all of Romulus' wounds healed. The bullets were pushed out, and his neck is whole again. But, the body seems to have no mental functions. Physically alive, but empty." "I was hoping Song would be able to provide some insights into the condition. I suspect that the other Romulus used his psychic abilities to rip out the White Bishop's mind while he was distracted by the guns." The Black Knight exhaled slowly, feeling the pressure seep away from his soul as he continued to tap into the Chaos. "Anyways, with the Mansion compromised by a squad of enemy soldiers, and a giant mutant with a Caesar complex who explicitly stated that he wishes to remove you from your position, what is your plan of action?" Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC (Romulus)

One of the power armored figures paused for a moment, before approaching Romulus. "Sir. We have confirmation from beta and gamma teams. They're ready to move. Theta's set up across the street. Delta has eyes on most of the building." Romulus nodded. Infrared sniper scopes and armor-piercing ammunition made things so much easier.

"Excellent. Most excellent." He finished off his wine. "Gentlemen. The time has come to make a choice. Shaw's era is....coming to a close. I would prefer to avoid violence but if it should become unavoidable....well, let it not be said that I do not know how to wage war. I had hoped Mr. Maximoff would be back by now...but he is a resourceful lad." Romulus rose from his position behind the desk. "I am no fool gentlemen. I would not place myself in the heart of Shaw's operation without good cause....and protection. "

He nodded at Lucius before returning his gaze to the gathered beings. "I believe you have had more then enough time to consider my offer. So, what path will you be taking? Stand with me and I shall give you an empire. Stand against me....well, let us hope you do not make that choice."

OOC: What I'm thinking the power armor looks like.

http://images.wikia.com/fallout/images/3/32/BOS_colour._%28_power_armour_%29_2A.jpg

Thank you Fallout wiki.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Song let the phone ring a few times, hoping the person on the other end would just give up and go away. Did they not realise how dangerous the situation had become? Even some race remnant of the Phoenix could cause untold havoc if left unrestrained. There were more important things going on.

Eventually the caller's persistence got to her, the constant ringing irritating her no end and stopping her focusing on her research. She paused the clips of Wizard and, with a few mumbled curses in Mandarin, went to the phone.

"Yes?" she snapped, "What?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Nathan

I chuckled a bit at Jesika's flustering. "That's alright." I slowly stood up, grimacing a bit, even such a simple movement irritated my damaged wing.

"If you want too you can come with me." I told Jesika, having a feeling that she did. With that I began to walk toward the cafeteria's exit.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Adrian took the coffee gratefully, mentioning quickly "You are a paragon of your kind, a hero of no equal." before sipping contentedly at the cup of joy that sat in his hands. After a moment's pause, he set about doctoring the thing so it would be the cup of joy it was supposed to be. Cream and sugar and all that. It would seem Aleks had thought of everything. A nice guy, that one. And back to the coffee...

---

The final doors shot into the distance. A shiver of excitement ran up and down the woman's back as the smoke cleared, and the Demon of Valusia came into full view.

Cracking her neck, anticipation at it's peak, The Chosen decided it was time to begin this confrontation, whether the Demon was ready or not. Beating her fist against her chest, armor clanging to get the demon's attention, she called out. "I imagined you would be bigger, Demon. How disappointing!"

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:

"Ah, Song, sorry to disturb you in the midst of your vital work." Victor heard the terse voice of the Rook across the line. "The Mansion's security has been severely compromised. White Bishop's mind has been broken. He might need an appointment with you later. Just don't keep your back to the door. I thought I'd give you a heads up."
"Shaw, do you have anything more to tell Song?"
Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC: "Broken?" Song asked, almost tutting. People so often failed to appreciate the intricacies of a sentient mind. They thought it was like some sort of shelf you could put things like 'memory' or 'anger management' on and that occasionally the screws came loose and all those things would fall off. There were so many more things that could go wrong with a mind that simply saying 'broken' was pointlessly understated and vague. At least she knew he wasn't catatonic if he was able to make appointments "Broken how?"

OOC: It occurs to me that Song might not actually know who Cambion is...we'll just skip over that little detail :lookaround:

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Oh, joy. I get to go dark side and kill a bunch of people." Rebekah commented, deciding not to resist the hug. There wasn't much of a point, all the other options were worse. Her words held a slight sarcasm to them, but it was far less mean-spirited than before. More just... Resigned.

IC:

"Or you can listen to the people who care about you," Brooklyn explained with a small, frumpy pout as she forced Rebekah to her feet by pulling her up in a giant hug, "not go and fight any morally ambiguous old people, and then you can have a lifetime of prosperity and happiness. Maybe Hayden Christensen would have learned that if he didn't have a brain of cardboard and the acting talent to match."

IC:

"Err...yeah. No problem," Aleks replied to both Christopher and Adrian with a coy, if somewhat lost, half-grin.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: :o Good call. Let's say the communicator is for Hellfire members, encrypted and on a cycling frequency off the range of cell phone scramblers. Call display would be labelled with the person's rank. So, she'd be getting a call from Black Knight. IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion: "Well, I'm not an expert." Victor looked apprehensively at the body on the gurney. The staring, empty eyes of Romulus. "He seems to be gone. Empty almost. As if someone ripped his mind out of his body. No response or physical evidence of upper-level mental functions at all." "I was hoping you would be able to shed some light on the situation." Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:
"We are in the East Wing. Main floor. Close to the east library." Victor wheeled the gurney into the large room. "I can meet you there."
The young man turned to Shaw. "Where will you be going, sir?"
Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

OOC: I would like to apply for an extension of application for Cambion's electromagnetic manipulation.
1. Taser Touch - Victor will be able to run a current of electricity through his hands. Depending on the intensity of the charge, sparks may or may not be visible (before contact). Contact with the current by touch (or contact with the current through a conductor) would have a taser-like effect on victims of it.
2. Electromagnetic Field Generation - The ability to project an electromagnetic field which emanates from Victor. Metal in contact with the field (that is less heavy than Victor) will be repulsed. If the object is heavier, Victor will be the one pushed away.
I don't see Cambion throwing around bolts of electricity (or even sparks), as he has had no time to train for that. Hence, why I've selected field generation and the taser-like touch, if only for the fact that they are abilities I can somewhat justify as being triggered by instinct or the subconscious, in reaction to certain situations.
IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:Maximoff let relief play slightly across his face as he walked briskly once about the room, checking between the bookshelves. There were no intruders in sight. "45 minutes for me to 'clean' Romulus' body. Hopefully, they're still toasting each other's health."The young man returned to the gurney and ran his hands along the bottom of the bag with the clink of metal. He removed a handful of bullets and bullet fragments, shrapnel that had been pushed out by the ancient mutant's healing factor. Victor placed the fragments into a neat ziploc plastic bag, and placed it into his suit jacket pocket, before eyeing one of the whole bullets closely. After a moment of inspecting it, he looked up with a satisfied smile. "Good news. The bullets don't seem to be of standard caliber, or make. Customized. Depleted uranium rounds, judging by their density. One or two of these could have put down a charging bull moose. Caesar upstairs obviously knows the value of stopping power. It also means that he's got deep pockets.""Makes for a very distinct signature."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

Ic:"Need an explanation of all that happened in the day that you weren't here?" Christopher asked, "I would've thought that Alaric or one of the teachers had already hunted you down to ask why you're alive."The former shape shifter swiftly finished off her cereal, dropping the spoon into the bowl, hearing it clatter about as it made contact with the plastic bowl. She put her hand over the fabric of the shirt that hung limply where a right shoulder was supposed to be."Or is this just some joke that I'm not getting?"

A few minutes going through the maze that was the mansion and we arrived at the medical ward. There didn't seem to be anyone around though, somewhat disheartening.

The only person I found was Beast, lying peacefully on the medical bed. In fact, so peaceful I didn't even sense his breathing, it was almost as if he wasn-

I froze, my heart suddenly beating faster, no it couldn't be...

I turned to Jesika with a forced smile on my face. "Well, the doctor doesn't seem to be here Jesika, I guess will have to come back...we don't want to wake Dr. Mccoy. I'm gonna just check something real quick, make sure he's alright..."

I didn't want to alarm Jesika, I slowly went up to Beast, dreading every step I took closer, the last thing we needed was for our leader to be dead, not now! Not at a time like this!

A quick feeling for a pulse and a closer look to see if he was breathing confirmed it. I sighed as my head lowered a bit, my hand covering my forehead for a moment. Jesika looked concerned.

Alaric... I called mentally to the telepathic, I got some sort of psychic response akin to nod to let me know he'd gotten my call, he probably noticed the distress in my mind. Hank is...he's dead...

I didn't really know Dr. Mccoy all that well, but the fact that he'd allowed me to become an X-men and gave me a place to stay spoke volumes, I found myself quite distraught.

Edited by Snelly

IC:

"Well..." Rebekah said, giving a small smile. "You've always got my attention."

Gently, she pried her wrists free, and wrapped her arms around Brooklyn in a hug. "Seeing as you're one of the only people that'll listen to me in the first place, it's only fair to return the favor. Plus, there's typically a method to your madness."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Bow chicka wow wowwww."

IC:

Alaric was on the ground before Nathan even had a chance to catch his breath, sliding past Jesika as though she weren't even there. His movements weren't entirely his own; they lacked the angelic grace, the easygoing charm, substituting them for robotic clunkiness - possible lack of sleep - and as much speed as possible. He was at Nathan's side and then right past him, holding a hand against Beast's furry neck. The outer layer of fur was as warm as ever, but beneath it, everything was cold, deathly cold. Way too cold.

No.

Alaric went and felt at Hank's wrists, both of them, searching for a pulse. His hand snaked up towards his chest to feel for a heartbeat, or a breathing rhythm: nothing. Nathan was staring at him, slightly numbed; Jesika's childlike naivety, her curiosity, was eating away at her as she bounced, trying to see in front of the kids shoulders. The hyperkinetic's face was stony. Mount Rushmore stony. Too stoic.

"Time of death, 8:06 AM," he muttered to Nathan. "Log it in his medical records. Get him out of here."

With a cold, chilling ease, Alaric spun on his heel and walked out of the room ramrod straight, his angelic grace having returned at last.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Brook, I have no idea what that means." The former Weapon let go, taking a step back. "Alright. Let's go back, see him out, and head toward the beach. Ten thousand dollars a month, I think we can afford to have some fun while we're out. Maybe even shop a bit if we get bored."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Machinex

"...and in addition to a concussion, massive amounts of Flunitrazepam have been detected in his blood stream..."

Robert's eyes opened and darted around. "Where am I?" he thought to himself, really confused. He couldn't remember a thing about what had happened. "Where am I, and how did I get here?" Robert repeated to himself. Anxiety starting to rise within him, his eyes more and more frantically began searching the room. Then, one of the nurses took notice of him. "It's okay," she said, attempting to reassure the middle-aged man. "I don't know what happened, but apparently you were drugged. You also have a pretty bad concussion, so I'd take it easy if I were you." Robert slowly nodded, his breathing beginning to slow down. He could remember getting whacked in the face but nothing after that. Resting his head o the hospital bed pillow, he attempted to calm himself down. But he just couldn't shake the feeling that something really bad had happened while he was out.

NPC CoM Terrorists

Previous evening...

01, 04, and 05 were driving along the streets of New York, looking for a good hotel. "How long do you plan on staying here?" 04-or Kingsley-asked Joe. "A night at least," the driver replied. Pulling up to a Holiday Inn, Joe inspected the hotel, then nodded. "Let's go check in," Joe said to the other two terrorists.

This morning...

Joe stared into the video phone, waiting for Asardin to pick up on Skype. "Come on," he muttered, as the annoying ringing sound continued. Finally, the Babylonian mage on the other end-"Wherever he is," Joe thought to himself-picked up.

IC: Asardin

"Well Joe, things didn't turn out as planned, did it?" Asardin said nonchalantly, staring into some sort of video... mirror? "Nope," the reply was. "Didn't expect that mess with the Brotherhood to happen. Also didn't expect them to be so prepared. 05 and 06 are dead, and 03 has gone missin-" a knock on the hotel door could be heard. 05-or Antonio, went to the door, and let the man in. "Looks like Derrick is with us after all." "Good to know," the deep voice of the Babylonian came from the other end. "Stay in New York until I have other plans." "Roger that," Joe replied and hung up.

THe image in the mirror dissipated, and Asardin bowed his head, clutching his spade. "This is going to be harder than I thought," the immortal mystic thought to himself. "I may need to change my tactics..." Head bowed in deep thought, he walked into the shadows...

Edited by Constructman

IC:

Brooklyn's expressive brown eyes blinked twice before she giggled, took her arm and placed it around Rebekah's neck. The young thespian lifted herself Scooby-Doo style into her (girl?)friend's arms and traveled back up the stairs quietly, towards her room.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Rebekah's smile widened, as she slipped ove arm under Brooklyn's back and the other under her knees to help support her. The extra weight was barely a burden, and to watch her walk, one would almost think that Brooklyn weighed nothing at all.

"Come on. Let's see the suit out. Unless he ran while he had the chance, in which case, let's get ready to go."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Pontius)

Pontius was currently downing a flask of whiskey. Near-death experiences were something best dealt with when one was not exactly sober. He had expected some level of PTSD but nothing so extreme. What had Weapon X done to her? Pontius shook his head. He was probably better off not knowing. He took another sip of the whiskey and decided that he was most certainly better of not knowing. He had some measure of combat training, but if the girl had wanted him dead....he would be dead. Martial arts didn't do much against a sword.

OOC:

.....so. That offer Romulus made.

Be nice if people responded to it.

If you do, I promise you'll survive the first few months of my regime.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"S'my girl," Brooklyn murmured lazily with a grin as her eyes closed; she rather enjoyed the feeling of being carried bridal-style up the stairs, not having to worry about any extraneous activities like walking or exercise or stupid stuff like that. Screw her personal health! her mind cried. She had Bekah!

Brooklyn reached out with one hand and pushed open her bedroom door: Jenna had disappeared downstairs while they were in the playroom, leaving just Pontius drowning his fears in whiskey: he turned to see Rebekah standing in the doorway, Brooklyn in her arms. The room was silent.

"Soooo."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Pontius)

"....So." Pontius gulped down a large amount of whiskey before shaking his head. "I'd better be getting danger pay for this." He gestured to the bed. "Do you mind if I have a seat? It occurs to me that there may have been a...misunderstanding regarding the being who I serve."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: The Mysterious Priest

The Priest, while ever the mysterious and unknown factor by nearly everyone who knew him, was the first to give an answer. "Well, the choice is rather obvious isn't it? You have my full support in this endeavour Romulus, I've always seen the wisdom of being on the winning side, and as long as you continue to be as such, then we have no problems with each other." His good natured smile was all Romulus could see on his face, the Priest had is own reasons and goals, to be sure, what they were no one could say for sure. But for the moment it seemed their goals were one and the same.

Edited by Snelly

IC (Siun)

The demon's only reply was a snarl. It was a fearsome sight, a mixture of great cat and man. It's maw was filled with fangs, it's claws dripped with blood from the wounds it had given itself during it's escape. Powerful muscles flexed and twitched beneath it's matted fur. The beast's eyes glinted with madness and rage. For a moment, it paused, regarding the human standing before it. Then with a great bellowing roar, it charged. The beast went down to all fours, using it's arms as an extra means of locomotion, driving it to move ever faster as it charged at the enemy.

IC:

"I know exactly who it is you work for. Romulus, founder of Weapon X, and the boss of the late Colonel Johnson. In other words, the guy who dictated exactly how the organization was run."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Pontius)

"Right. Right. Wrong. Wrong." Pontius drained the rest of his flask. "It's a long, confidential story, way I figure it you deserve to hear at least some of it. Short verison: the Romulus that ran Weapon X for most of it's existence isn't the Romulus I work for. Cloning. See, Romulus had founded two organizations. Weapon X and....us. He couldn't manage both them at the same time and he didn't trust any third party enough to put them in command. So he cloned himself. Figured the clone would at least be intelligent enough to realize what would happen if it went rogue. Didn't stop it. Weapon X went black and dropped off the face of the planet. We finally caught up with the clone and now...we're fixing his mess." Pontius looked longingly at the flask. "If you don't mention that to anyone for the rest of your stay on this planet, I'd appreciate it."

Edited by Basilisk

IC: Zac and CalebThe two brothers were in their dorm, Zac busy drawing and Caleb reading a book. Caleb has been in his dorm most of the time lately, while Zac would try to build what he was building, but e decided to be wih his brother, especially after what all happened.IC: GeminiGemini was still with the other Brotherhood members. He kept whistling away, whistling to himself in order to pass the time, keeping his calm deminoir.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

I just stood there for a minute or two, slowly letting reality hit me. Jeremy was dead, Ashlynn was dead, the President, and all his pro-mutant endeavours...dead.

And now this, Dr. Hank Mccoy, the leader of the X-men was dead. Why the ###### was he dead!? Truly this was our darkest hour, and no I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel, because there was no end to it. Things were only going to get worse, I knew it.

"...N-Nathan?"

​One look at Jesika's concerned face and my expression became more determined. I opened up Dr. Mccoy's medical logs on the table nearby and jotted down his time of death. One thing I knew for sure, no matter what happened after this, I had to make sure Jesika came out of this alright, my only true goal from this moment was to make sure she had a future, a bright and wonderful future, not this.

I gave Jesika a sad smile, "Come on Jesika, we're gonna leave Dr. Mccoy at peace." I knew she'd find out eventually, but right now was really not the time to tell the poor girl that another person she probably looked up to was dead. I gently guided Jesika out of the medical bay.

As for Hank's body, well that was taken care of by one of the few medical staff we actually had, taken to...wherever it was we called a morgue around here, wasn't like we usually had bodies that needed to be buried, cremated, or whatever.

Edited by A billion cats

IC:

"You're on," Dallas replied, his pretense of being the calm one gone as a huge plate of eclairs and two cups of hot chocolate, steaming and covered with whipped cream and Hershey's syrup, were placed in front of the two of them. "On three. One. Two. Three--"

As soon as the syllables were out of his mouth, he was chowing down.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME