IC: Ashley Dallas was quick to start, but Ashley had been ready. As soon as she'd heard 'three' she had started grasping for eclairs and stuffing them in her face. She seemed to be inhaling them rather than actually chewing them. To the astonished faces of anyone who was watching the two quirky mutants, the huge plate of eclairs shrunk down in seconds. Hardly a minute had past by and all that was left was one single eclair at the center of the plate. Neither of them moved an inch, Ashley kept looking at the eclair, then back to Dallas, then back to the eclair. "The last eclair..." Ashley said in stern and very serious tone, looking intently at Dallas. "We both know how this is gonna end." IC: Nathan "Not...not exactly..." I replied to Jesika, unsure exactly what to tell her, I couldn't lie to her about this, it just didn't feel right. At the same time though I didn't want to put her through any more pain and sadness. Man this was hard.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Zac and Caleb"....Zac..." Caleb spoke up, breaking the silence,"Yeah?" Zac asked,"....how come we loose the things we know, trust and care for?" Caleb asked,Zac was silent for a moment, thinking about how he should phrase things, "Things come into our lives for a reason Caleb, you either ignore them, or, spend all the time you can with it, otherwise before you know it... It will be gone in the blink of an eye,"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Ooc: rapture would be all to willing to take that offer up, if she wasn't in jail. Maybe you could have new!rommy help her out with that.Ic:Warren had followed Alaric downstairs, intent on telling him his part in Beast's injuries. Instead, he watched in horror as Alaric checked the body, and murmured something to the winged boy, Nathan. Even though he was watching from around a corner, he knew what Alaric said.Before Alaric turned to head back, Warren dashed back towards the stairs silently, holding back tears. He held them all the way to the second floor of the house, right up to where his room was. Then he started to cry.He cried, moreso than when his grandfather died. Because he knew it was his fault. If he hadn't drained power from the mansion, Hank McCoy would still be alive. He also knew, that he had to get out. If the others knew that he had allowed the assassin a chance to strike at Hank McCoy...He checked off locations in his head as her started to dry his already wetting eyes. He couldn't go back to his home, it wasn't safe. He couldn't stay here...Dallas Green. He'd heard the name before. The guy was a celebrity, mutant or not. He had some taste, Warren could give him that, and he left the institute for some reason. Maybe... Just maybe...Warren started to pack his bags.

IC:

Jack sat in his room, after being punished after what he did at the diner. Heck, it was even in the news a minute afterwards. Now if only he could find a way out of this mess.

IC: Marauder

Marauder had put everything he needed to stay in New York. He was checking to see what else he could find in the report of the president's assassination.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

"I'm going to be blunt.""I don't believe you. It sounds too convenient, too much like a copout excuse when his precious one man armies bust out, and come baying for blood. And now, it sounds suspiciously like you're buying us off."

Her violet eyes glinted once, before reverting to normal. "But you know what? I don't care. I'm sick of dealing with you lot, I spent six years under your "loving" care. And I don't think you really comprehend what that was, because if you did, you wouldn't have come here unarmed."

"But let me make one thing crystal clear. I have no issue with leaving you alone, as long as you leave me alone. But if you lay a single finger on anyone I care about, and there will no place on Earth you or your boss can hide from me."

"When you get back, tell him to look up my file. X-322. Then, maybe you'll have some idea of what you're actually dealing with."

IC:

Mere hours after taking off from Genosha, a small plane landed in New York state.

A rather large manor rose from the ground next to the landing strip, decorated in white and gray paints. Though it was well maintained, it was clear that no one had lived there for many years. A pool was set into the ground, and a gazebo rested a short distance from it. This was the property that the remnants of the Brotherhood stepped off the plane to see.

"Rooms are in the east wing." Abraham commented quietly, moving toward the door. "Pool on the grounds, kitchen is down the hall from the dining room. Do what you want, just don't draw attention to yourselves. Don't go far, we'll all need to talk later.""And no eating the staff." He said, shooting a single glance at Lexie.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: GeminiGemini went inside the mansion with a duffle bag with a few cloths and some necessities. He sighed, looked across the mansion as he walked towards where Abraham said the kitchen was, hopping there was food there.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:

"Bekah, do you remember the stress ball?" Brooklyn asked, taking out a giant stress ball from Rebekah's flannel pockets and handing it to her so that a giant Wal-Mart style smiley sticker stared up at the violescent-eyed mutant. "The one that you promised you would squeeze whenever you felt like breaking somebody's bone off in their colon? Well, it remembers you. And it misses you a lot."

c:

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Pontius)

"I'm not ****ed Weapon X. Would the Romulus you know even bother with buying you off? Or would he blow up the entire neighborhood to get rid of you?" Pontius shrugged. "That said, I've got no problem leaving you alone for the rest of your days, but my favorite bar is about a block or three away from here. Can I trust you to not, say, pin me against the wall and threaten my life if we happen to be on the same street? It's the only bar in New York that plays Eartha Kitt. Now if you don't have anything else to say, I have to be going." He also needed to write up a polite but firm letter explaining why he would never deliever messages to this house again.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"Feel free to go." Rebekah said, tone relaxing. "I don't even care if you show up on this street, or even this doorstep. You have nothing to fear from me as long as the people I care about remain unharmed."

"And the Romulus I know was smart enough to remain undetected for years. Make of that what you will."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC (Pontius)

"Then may you have a long and uncomplicated life." Pontius paused for a moment, almost as if he was going to say something else...but the moment passed. "Goodbye then." This was going to be an interesting report. He wondered how many different ways he could say 'don't screw with them' before he ran out of ideas. In a few moments, Pontius was on the sidewalk and then....he was gone. Vanishing into the crowds that roamed the city.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC [Jonathan/Alameda]

Jonathan, despite his years, had no real telepathic training or was skilled in resisting such attacks. He had, however, spent years training himself in the art of anger management. The gift of invulnerability that came with the pen came with a price; he could never attack someone. Not without dropping his defense against practically every attacker known to man. So while subtle, he did notice something, far in the back of his mind. The simple fact that he was now feeling something more than minor agitation at this boy's stalling was something significant in its own.

He continued to sip his tea, collecting himself. He was in a room with a thunderbird, an obviously special Roman, the son of a man who had something of a hidden reputation for artifacts of power, and what he had deduced to be a kitsune.

"Might I ask a fellow scholar access to the internet?" Jonathan held up a phone. "I'd use the cell but, well, you know how reception can be this close to San Fran. Wi-fi is so much easier."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Magnitude stepped off the plane and looked round the equal measures of elegance and opulence present at the mansion.

"It'll do," he said with a shrug, wandering off to get something to eat. Hey, it had been a long flight and he was a big guy even when normal size. He was peckish

IC: Clad in her mask and white leathers Song found her way to the east library and wrapped on the door.

"Knight? Are you there?"

IC: Undaunted by the recent events (those he knew about anyway, the grim fact of McCoy's demise not being generally available yet) Alec had decided to take some down time to chill. He had found a shady spot under a tree in the lawn of the mansion, which would always be the X-Lawn in his mind to go with their X-Everything-Else, and was just watching the sky turn from the orange of a sunrise to the purple of settling light and finally to its normal blue. It was...really quite boring actually. Maybe he just wasn't artistically minded that way. Wreckage was more his cup of tea. Or single plum floating in perfume served in a man's hat or whatever the self-proclaimed "artistes" drank to make themselves feel all special and unique

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: First one to respond to TPTI's invitation.

IC: Kristy

Kristy finished her omelette, and walked out of the cafeteria, bumping into numerous students along the way. Walking mechanically through the halls, she eventually exited the school and walked onto the lawn.

And plopped face first onto it.

If she had been in a more higher-functioning sate of mind, Kristy would have wondered why she had chosen to lie in the front lawn on a sunny day. She was an umbrakinetic after all; sunlight was her bane. But she was, to put it simply, ******* tired. Lying silently at first, she eventually started to snore.

IC: GeminiThe dual power mutant made his way into the kitchen. It was rather modern and fancy, marble floors, everything seemed cleaned if not for some dust on the countertops. He waltzed over to the fridge and went to see d there was a beer or some sort of drink inside of it.

IC: Fauna

"What happened in here?" Fauna asked aloud after seeing her room. "Mia? Where are you?!" her voice was starting to rise. A soft mew answered her. Fauna spotted the shaking ball of fur and picked her up. "What happened to you?!" The tiny Bengal kitten was covered in scratches and a small chunk of her ear was missing. Fauna started to see red. "Whoever did this..."

IC: Nero wheeled into the cafeteria with a rather sour and pale face. Unlike most students milling about the mansion, Nero was one of the few aware of Dr. McCoy's death. Such was one of the benefits, or in this case, curses of having such enhanced hearing. Absentmindedly, the paraplegic grasped at a piece of toast, mechanically moving to chew on it with no real vigor. This? This was not good. Not by a longshot.

---

The Chosen smirked beneath her helmet, and waited until the last possible minute before sidestepping, bringing the base end of her spear sown towards Siun's neck. As it descended, the spear gleamed with an unearthly light. The weapon's dropping speed increased significantly.

---

Israel nodded appreciatively, accompanied by an impressed whistle. "Should have guessed the supposed primo strategist would have some nice digs. Could get used to this."

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Spirit

Will had slept late, exhausted from healing all the various wounds of the X-Men from their last mission. When he finally awoke he went to the medical bay to check on Beast, as he entered he immediately noticed the lack of life signs in Beast and the somber expressions of Alaric and Nathen, his eyes swept the room taking in everything, the pill bottles on the floor under the shelf they once sat on, the trays on the floor some distance away, trays that use to be in a drawer in range of Beast's feet. The fact that one of the straps on Beast's arm was cut, most likely by the scalpel laying under Beast's table. Will rushed to the computer and tried to access the cameras only to find out they had been shut down. Checking the control box he found nothing out of the ordinary. 'An electokinetic or Technopath perhaps.' He thought as he approached Alaric. "Any leads?" He asked quietly not wanting Jesika to hear.

IC: Silver Serpent, Iron Bolt

Susan had taken her breakfast outside to the lawn, she was thankful that most people respected her privacy and had not pressured her to give her name. 'You will have to tell them eventually.' The Biohesive told her. 'I know that but I want to know a little more about everyone first, remember there was already one spy in here that tried to kill Beast, who says there can't be another one.' She answered before her inner conversation was interupted by Walter who had also come out on the lawn to eat.

"Hey." He said breaking her out of her thoughts. "Some first day of school." He said with a grin as he sat down beside her.

Susan gave a short laugh. "No kidding, the mansion turning into a battle field, Beast being shot, and the X-Men returning with several members missing. It was an interesting day."

"I wonder if every day will be like that." Walter mused.

"I should hope not!" Susan said as she and Walter shared a laugh.

OOC: Two more characters for your plot Adders.

Edited by Takanuvainika

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Shiloh

While some seemed to be interested in food, others were more prone on simply getting some rest. Shiloh was the latter. She had gotten almost zero sleep during her time on Genosha, she'd been far too busy trying to make some sort of defense that would actually last against an Enforcer assault, of course that had all been quite a waste of her time, energy, and life. The use of her powers required her to use her own life energy, and as anyone could imagine, that could be very taxing, especially if done repeatedly. Thanks to Quicksilver it had all been nothing but a waste of time, and now she was so drained the only thing on her mind was sleep. It had been a long flight and trying to sleep on a small aircraft had been next to impossible, flying honestly made her a bit nervous.

She dropped Bob off in the kitchen, the toaster was chatting away as usual, though Shiloh was hardly paying attention. Bob mentioned something about bringing the toaster collecting dust on the counter to life, but Shiloh was already through the exit and heading toward the east wing.

Shiloh took the first unoccupied room she could find when she arrived in the hallway, which was to say the very first room. No one else had claimed a room yet, so she felt free to choose the one that was closest to the kitchen. With that she collapsed upon the bed, making the springs in the mattress creak, she was out in minutes.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: GeminiAs he browsed through the fridge, he found a bottle of whine. The bottle reminded him of when he was with Cecelia, before... Before what happened... He skipped away from the bottle and saw a beer near the top, not really his favorite brand but beer was beer. He grabbed it out and untwisted the bottle cap and began to drink. Its five o'clock somewhere after all.OOC: Gemini is Open for Interaction

Ooc: EW... There are two Dallas'. One is in the manor, the other is in California. The one in the manor is from another dimension. The one in cali is from "this" dimension. Quinn was interacting with the one in the manor, but if you want him to be in Cali, I'm sure there's a way to explain the sudden rift in time space that Quinn has seemingly fallen into. =3Ic:Warren had hastily written a note explaining what he'd done, and left it on the bed in his room. Then, shouldering his backpack and duffel bag, he started to head out, making sure that the way he was going wasn't frequented by other students.Christopher, done with her breakfast, took two trips to put her dishes away, then headed out front, where some of the other students were meeting."Alec," she said, sitting down under the tree next to the person she had named. She drew her knees close to her chest, and wrapped her single arm around them, "You wouldn't happen to know anything about replacement arms, would you?"Ooc: Christopher shall join in on this, for whatever it's worth.She already lost an arm from one of your plots, if she has to loose the other one...

IC:

As the others moved about, exploring or adjusting to the new abode, Abraham slipped away, headed toward the stairs. He walked up them silently, following the path that Shiloh had taken a few minutes earlier, until he arrived in the eastern hallway of the second floor. His footsteps carried him to the door at the very end, and his hand slipped into his pocket.

Unlike the others, this door was locked. There were a total of two keys in existence, the one Abraham withdrew from his pocket, and one given to the man in charge of maintaining the home in his absence. He unlocked it and twisted the doorknob, slipping inside, and shutting the door behind him.

His eyes briefly took in his environment, the place he grew up in. A chess table stood in the far corner, set in a game that he had never finished. The bookshelves were lined with books on every subject imaginable, ranging from medicine to tactics to aircraft. A few shelves were lined with moleskin notebooks, meticulously organized by subject and date, in a method that would have seemed incomprehensible had he not done it himself. They each chronicled his thoughts on many different subjects, but the largest by far was devoted the study of mutant abilities. They had fascinated him when he was young, and he had learned everything he could. But several journals were devoted to his own abilities, and the limits of his mutation.

But those thoughts were largely irrelevant, as he sank into his old desk chair, staring off into space.

He had been wrong. Every action he had undertaken in the past few years of his life had been wrong, and in service of a madman. Every plan, every suggestion, all fueling the made crusade of a genocidal maniac. Thousands had died because of him, and it had all been for naught. Once upon a time, he could rationalize those losses, by saying that they were for the greater good. But if there was no greater good, then what did those people die for? How did he explain their deaths, force them to fit into his worldview?He couldn't. And that, more than anything, struck him like a hammer blow. All this time, he had been in the company of madmen and murderers. And he was one of them.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Yuri, Washington DC)

Yuri clutched his trenchcoat as yet another cold wind attempt to chill him to the bone. He had been recalled from New York mere hours after the incident, he'd left the marines in the capable hands of Lt. Chambers. A bit unorthodox perhaps, but as that experimental weapon had indicated, when dealing with mutants the standard doctrine went right out the window. Once calling in an Apache to deal with a single man would have been unthinkable, now Yuri thought it was underkill. He should have called in an entire unit of Apaches. He let a cold grin touch his lips. That wouldn't have helped though. The Brotherhood had planned this out very well. Very well. They had to have an inside man, they was no other way they could have gotten into the meeting. Yuri felt his grin fade. When he found the man responsible, he was going to force feed him his own legs.

Then if he was feeling merciful, he'd kill him. Yuri looked ahead. The Lincoln Memorial, forever stained by the events that had taken place within it. With a sigh, he began to ascend the steps.

IC - NPC Vice-President Jacob Ocalan - Washington:

The cool winter air at Washington was unusually quiet. On any other day, the National Mall would have been dotted with tourists enjoying the sight of the monuments.

But that was before yesterday.Today, Jacob Ocalan, Vice-President of the United States, stood at the bottom of the steps of the Lincoln Memorial surveying the flowers and candles that covered the stairway. An impromptu memorial to a national tragedy.Yesterday, he had been interviewed by the press on the mutant issue. Yesterday, he had watched with some degree of personal revulsion as President Robert Binder compared mutant registration to the Jim Crow laws.

The Vice-President's eyes focused on a flickering candle as he deposited a sheaf of flowers onto the memorial. Over the years, his running mate had cultivated a reputation of professional detachedness. A rigid moderate, almost too progressive for his own party. So, like any political player, Binder's team had selected someone to balance out the President's weak points.From his days in the House of Representatives, Ocalan had set himself apart from other politicians as a skilled party player, an energetic and outspoken firebrand, the second son of hard-working immigrants who settled in the central states of America. Energy and relative youth aside, Representative Ocalan had been selected to appeal to one key national demographic. The anti-mutant lobby.

In the years following the Mutant Registration Act, there had been some rustling in both Houses over the Act's perceived prejudices. The moderate Binder had kept his stance ambiguous, a stance which left many Americans in both parties. An ambiguous silence that had finally broken during the big broohaha in New York. Ocalan shook his head sadly as he stood straight again, looking at a photo of his former running mate. "Didn't I always say that their kind always bites the hands that feed them, Bobby? I wish you could see what those ###### muties did. And not just to you. Twelve Senators, forty-five Representatives, and thirty members of the Secret Service dead. The Mayor of San Francisco's face was half melted off, and you own wife was put into a coma."A member of the Secret Service of the Lincoln Memorial whispered into the VP's ear, and he began to move up and around the memorial, to the inside of the Lincoln Memorial. The Vice-President paused and looked over the National Mall, before he entered the colonnade. There were no tourists today. And only a handful of mourners. Several armoured cars were positioned about the park, and heavily armed soldiers were visibly patrolling the area.

Mutant activists might try and explain things away, or twist the tragedy into a martyrdom for their cause. The liberal mainstream media might write this off as the disgruntled actions of a few extremists. HeII, there was a good possibility that the rest of the world would blame America for the debacle. Vice-President Ocalan watched a squad of soldiers on patrol, their assault rifles gleaming in the sunshine. There was no denying it. This country had long been in a state of war. Yesterday's events, the attack on Las Vegas, the bombing of the mutant rights convention, and the execution of Binder on these very steps, only brought the war to the public eye. Ocalan's steely grey eyes were grim. He would smoke out the enemy, wherever they hid, and make them pay. The VP strode into the colonnade, spotting his 3 o'clock appointment at Lincoln's feet. "General Aleksandrov, how good to meet you in person."

OOC: Profile submitted for approval

Tengu

Name: Tomi "Tommy" OyamaCodename: TenguAge: 33Gender: MaleFaction: M.A.C.E. (formerly Enforcers)Power(s): Tengu has no natural powers, but has inherited his mother's cybernetic healing factor, thanks to the nanites in his body. Lady Deathstrike infused adamantium into some of bones and connective tissue in his skeleton, and layered Olympian adamantine on his skull.

Telepathic Immunity - Thanks to the Olympian adamantine metal which lines his skull, Tengu's mind is completely cut off from psychic attacks or telepathic contact.

Enhanced Durability & Reflexes - Tengu has a measure of enhanced durability and reflexes, thanks to the nanites which have integrated into his body and nervous system.

Cybernetic Healing Factor - As a result of inheriting the nanites used by Donald Pierce on his mother. Tengu is able to repair damage done to his parts within a relatively shot period of time. However, the nanites that fuel the healing factor run on careful calculations. Minor injuries and wounds are not repaired by the nanites, so long as they are calculated not to seriously interfere with Tengu's operational efficiency. While the nanites cannot be used to directly regrow lost limbs, his cybernetic healing factor can be used to re-attach limbs. It has also acted as an internal defibrillator.

Appearance: Tommy Oyama is of Eurasian descent, being the son of Yuriko Oyama and an American member of the Hand. He has dark brown hair and deep brown eyes. When wearing glasses, he is likely to be identified as an Asian. When not wearing glasses, he is more likely to be identified as Caucasian. When on undercover missions, he tends to wear dress shirts or turtlenecks and trench coats. His skin is very pale, and he stands at about 5'11. He is reasonably good-looking, which facilitates his job as a public liaison and field commander for M.A.C.E.

Weapons: Tomi's weaponry is customized for nonlethal suppression of mutant elements, and for dealing with mutants with healing factors and toughened skin.

He carries a small customized flechette pistol, designed to fire specialized ammunition. The barbed carbonadium flechettes lack the stopping power of a bullet. However, they are ideal for use against mutants with healing factors, as carbonadium has the tendency to slow down their rate of healing. The flechettes have some piercing power. The bottom of the barrel holds an attachment that can be used to fire rounds of artificial webbing based off of technology produced by Horizon Labs, for non-lethal restraint and suppression.

Tomi's preferred form of confronting renegade mutants is through close-quarters combat, he tends to use a pair of specially forged ninjato-like swords. The blades are made of adamantium, and have been inlaid with carbonadium. An energy projector is installed in the hilts of each sword, which are used to sheathe the swords with a dampening energy field. This field allows the swords to be used without completely dicing apart his targets.

In order to detect mutants, Tengu has a special pair of sunglasses that have been embedded with X-gene detecting technology. The shades are connected with the national mutant database, via technology purchased from a certain large web company. He is able to cross-reference mutants he detects with the database. He also carries a briefcase with the US government's standard X-Gene suppressing armlet. The device clamps firmly around the mutant's arm, and is waterproof and shielded from external electrical energy. Injectable tracking chips and a syringe are also carried in the briefcase.

Skills: Having been raised by a member of the Hand, Tengu is well versed in close quarters combat, shadowing people, and infiltrating locations. He is a capable lockpick, and regularly carries a set of picks with him. He is skilled at evaluating the powers of mutants. Personality: Tomi Oyama is a generally sheltered young man. However, he tends to be a fairly 'Zen' fellow, with an air of warm professionalism when on the job. Due to his strict upbringing, he has a fascination with the cuisine and drink of the masses. He is very loyal to his teammates, and to the cause of mutant control.Weakness: Despite his cybernetic healing factor, Tommy has the senses and needs of a normal human being. While his durability and reflexes have been enhanced by the nanites in his system, Tommy's strength and stamina are limited to that of a human who regularly engages in intense physical exercise. Furthermore, while his cybernetic healing factor heals serious injuries, the nanites often do not quickly repair minor injuries, so long as they are calculated not to seriously interfere with Tengu's operational efficiency. As a result, he does not enjoy wearing kevlar body armour, as the bruises left by bullet impacts tend to heal more slowly (and cause much longer discomfort) than actual bullet wounds. Harsh electrical shocks are able to temporarily shut down his nanites, which briefly put him into a catatonic state while the nanites reboot.

Bio: Son of Lady Deathstrike and an American member of the Hand, Tommy was raised with anti-mutant sentiments, and given the appropriate treatments in order to make him an effective anti-mutant enforcer. He joined the Enforcers at the age of 21, and worked his way up to a reasonably high rank. When the Enforcers and key military units were folded together in order to create M.A.C.E., Tommy was given the role of an on-the-ground public liaison. His primary task is to engage mutants, both registered and unregistered, with the new mutant control legislation, and evaluate the risks associated with their abilities. Resistance is usually met with either capture or execution.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC (Yuri)

Yuri saluted, the reflex was more or less automatic at this point. "Mr. President." Yuri broke the salute, wondering why the new president had requested this meeting. It was clear he wasn't a fool like the late President Binder....but it remained to be seen what kind of man he was. If his plans involved trying to throw Yuri under the bus, well, then they would both find out just how much that blackmail material was worth. "You wished to speak to me sir?"

Edited by Basilisk

IC - NPC President Ocalan:

"Yes, I most certainly would like to do so." President Ocalan's grey eyes appraised the other man. A relative unknown who had rocketed to a generalship. Either Yuri was a formerly classified operative, or the man managed to twist the fingers of some very powerful men."I was briefed that you were responsible for security at the late President Binder's little conference yesterday." Ocalan looked out at the park from between the pillars. "87 dead inside the centre, and over forty casualties amongst the protesters and soldiers outside. The corps have my sympathy and prayers.""One dead X-Man, too, I hear." Jacob Ocalan exhaled, watching the flowers through his breath. "I'm sure you saw the footage of some throwback to the 80s blowing Pietro Maximoff's brains onto the pavement. When they retrieved Bobby's body, they found two corpses." A Secret Service attache passed a slim folder to the President, who flicked it open and passed several photos to Yuri. "Two bodies-" Photos of a pretty young female splayed out on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, a gaping hole staining her bubble-gum pink hair with gore. "-Neither of which belonged to the man we saw decapitate the Binder."President Ocalan looked out at the steps. "I'll let you do the math."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC (Yuri)

Yuri accepted the man's symapthy with a nod. "The Brotherhood's leader yet lives then. I assume we will be striking back? Radiation weapons and saturated chemical bombardment are clearly out of the question..." Yuri paused for a moment, running the numbers in his head. "We will be invading Genosha then. Forgive me, but I am not certain the Enforcers are up to the task. Their track record is.....less then pristine. The Brotherhood has run roughshod over them in the past...."

Edited by Basilisk

IC - NPC President Ocalan:"Until I see Maximoff's body, I'm operating under the assumption that he is still alive." President Ocalan took back the photographs and replaced them in his binder. "Yes. Well I'm glad you didn't suggest 'just nuking' the island. During an emergency meeting I had yesterday, some idjit senator from Wisconsin wanted us to be 'practical' and drop a couple of nuclear weapons on Genosha."

The President's gaze was deadly serious as he considered the recent number of Enforcer actions. "The problem with the Enforcers is that they only managed to chase the Brotherhood to and fro.""But they have valuable experience in handling mutants that could be useful. The Secretary of Defense wanted us to drone strike the island into submission. I'll admit it's a practical suggestion, but, I believe that a coordinated attack would be more prudent. Drones and airstrikes alone are no guarantee of a successful attack against enemies as diverse as mutants."

"Off the official record, at least until after President Binder's funeral, I plan on seeing the military coordinate with the Enforcers. The best from the Army, Navy, Air Force, and any security agencies like the NSA, FBI, or CIA. The existing Enforcers structure will be folded into this specialized multi-role military and security division.""Have you had prior experiences dealing with mutants, besides watching them slaughter fifty-seven of America's movers and shakers?"

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC (Yuri)

Yuri paused, wondering just how much was safe to tell. "I have had extensive experience with Mutants. In battle, in training....yes, I have been around mutants for the better part of my career lately." That was nice and vague. "Unfortunately, the former president shot down my suggestion to install X-Gene detectors at all entrances, just in case they tried to slip someone in. He thought it would be directly againt the purpose of the meeting." Yuri shook his head and sighed. "He wasn't a bad man, but his love of Mutants killed him in the end." If he had just followed his suggestions, the Brotherhood wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the meeting. They'd have been stopped at the entrances. "I suspect you have some questions for me....but before you ask, I have this to say: Whenever forces have been deployed against Mutants in this day and age, casualty levels have always been high. The Enforcers own tower was toppled by the Brotherhood....with nary a loss on the side of the Brotherhood."

Yuri paused before pressing on. "My performance at New York was hardly ideal. However, when I was forced to set up a defensive position in the middle of the a powder-keg city with no advance notice....I managed to hold off concentrated terrorist attack..." Yuri pulled a file from his trenchcoat. "...Power armor. Nonmutant. Likely unrelated to the Brotherhood. I also inflicted losses upon the Brotherhood attackers. According to the SHIELD agent present on the scene, the X-Man was in fact, an imposter. I suspect he was another Brotherhood agent. The fire Mutant with him was likely involved as well. To my knowledge, they are both quite dead. Nonetheless, I did fail in my objective......but I managed to inflict actual losses on a mutant enemy. Something very few forces can claim to have done recently. If I were in your position, I would be considering dismissing me. Or throwing me to the media sharks."

"With all due respect sir, you would be making a mistake."

Edited by Basilisk

IC - President Ocalan:The President listened carefully to Yuri's oral CV, then laughed curtly, waving a hand. "Thank you for your report." "Not to worry. No one will be thrown to the sharks. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter who the X-Man really was. What matters is who the media has painted him to be. He was wearing the uniform, and preaching their sermon. Everyone from Fox to Oprah is calling for Hank McCoy to be pilloried by a Senate committee. And-" Ocalan leafed through the binder. "It really doesn't matter. The X-Men, and Brotherhood are equally unregistered, and equally dangerous extremists."

"Your defence of the events is more than satisfactory." President Ocalan smiled at Yuri. "The report tells me you took out one of the mutant infiltrators in the convention center single-handedly. Humble of you not to mention it. Though, if I'm not mistaken, I detected a thinly veiled threat in your last statement.""If I were you, I wouldn't worry too much about job security though." The President felt the breeze pushing the folder. "The only heads that will roll are those of enemies of these United States.""There have been plenty of rumours swirling about here about your previous career." Ocalan looked out on the National Mall once again. Had it only been a few months since the park was crowded with supporters as Binder was sworn into his second term? "A flexible response task force drawn from every part of the United States Armed Forces and the Enforcers that are left. Navy, Air Force, Army, and intelligence agencies across the board. It will stand nearly shoulder-to-shoulder with SHIELD. Some genius drafting the legislation decided to call it M.A.C.E." The President suppressed a smile. "Mutant Activity Control & Enforcement. The selection committee and I are looking for a Commander for M.A.C.E. A military man with experience in dealing with mutants." "Of course, said commander would no longer be attached to the branch of military they are currently commanding. They would be leading a brand new branch of the USAF and coordinate with our intelligence agencies and Department of Homeland Security. Any major operations would require the approval of the Oval Office, and they will be subject to review by a joint committee with representatives from Congress and experts." Ocalan looked at Yuri. "You wouldn't happen to know someone that might be interested in such a position, would you?"

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies

IC (Yuri)

"Not a threat. An observation." Yuri would have smiled, but considering the circumstances, he couldn't muster one. "I would know of one man. Russian fellow. Strange and murky past. No one quite knows where he came from. Very odd. Trustworthy though. Plenty of experience." Yuri sighed and for a moment, his self control seemed to slip. "I would like to offer my condolences Mr. President. I know you were close to Binder. Losing a friend isn't easy.....and speaking from experience; it doesn't get easier."

Edited by Basilisk

IC - President Ocalan: "Thank you, General. It's amazing what three years of campaigning and working together does for a relationship. A lot of good memories." For a brief moment, a sad smile crossed Ocalan's face. It disappeared as the President opened up Yuri's binder once more, eyes running over the photographs of the power armoured terrorist. "I take it from the RPG that they were the ones who took down the chopper."He closed the binder resolutely. "No matter. I want you to get to work identifying his organization and accomplices... after MACE's first mission. Take the resources you need and go teach those sons-of-******* on Genosha their final lesson on what happens when someone attacks American soil.""I want you to hit them before Bobby is in the ground. No forewarning, no time for them to scramble to a cave in Kuraqistan or a castle in Latveria."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

... we have cookies