IC: "Because, my somewhat aggressive friend," Leech said to Lightning, "Killing everyone in the long run like she suggests is exactly what we do not want. We aren't trying to break out the world's most dangerous criminals, we just want..." he sighed and massaged his crinkled forehead, "We just want our friends back. See, they started cracking down on mutants back when the Brotherhood hit Enforcer tower. We lost so many of our more prominent and...ahem, vocal members. Why did you think Callisto hasn't joined us? Or the Callasantos sisters? They've been taken and imprisoned. And now, with the assassinations...we think Ocalan is going to push for death row. He'll make an example of them because they're obviously mutants and it makes more sense to kill them than some kid who looks normal despite being a walking death engine. So we're going to rescue them, and we'll give you back your powers when we get to the actual rescuing."

"Ah hence why you need me," Alec pointed out the obvious, as always, "You need a technopath to hit their security."

"Yes. Especially given the...problematic nature of the prison."

"Problematic how?"

"Well..." he looked at all the gathered X-Men, "How many of you have heard of the Big House?"

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC KnowerLuciano Di Mattia. Rumored head of the Colombo crime family. With Carmine and Alphonse Persico, Andrew Russo, John Franzeze, Benjamin Castellazo, and Thomas Farese all in prison, the Colombo family was seemingly leaderless. However, rumors of the mob being coordinated by a previously unknown being had reached even my ears. Rumors of a man that could transform into a swarm of nanobots at will. I had taken that last bit with a grain of salt, but still, the man attracted my attention. Unfortunately, the only information I had on him was his name, so finding him would be next to impossible.It had been another long night. Groggily pushing aside my radionics cabinet, I plopped my head down on my desk. I hadn't slept for the whole night. After an awkward conversation with Fury in which the Colonel seemed to have lost his speech faculties, I had retreated to my room, and after a brief attempt to astral project, began to perform my usual nightly activities: using my powers in conjunction with a self-made Hieronymus machine to moniter the world, my eye actively searching out any trace of a possible threat. For the past month, I had been doing this. I was the agent who was awake when all other slept and the one who worked when all others played. When my teammates where snoozing in their beds, I was sitting at my desk, my psychic eye roving the world, searching out evil wherever it may hide. But it didn't help. My psionic abilities had not progressed to the point where I could actually affect what I saw-not without a witness sample, at least. I could only watch, as my "marks" did unspeakable things to their victims. And the more I watched, the more my anger grew. But yet, it didn't grow; rather it diminished for every evil action I wtinessed, a small part of my was deadened. I was becoming desensitized to evil, reacting to it not with horror and revulsion but with silent acceptance, as if I believed that it was inevitable. And in a way, it was. Inevitable. Sighing, I slowly lifted my head off of the desk and entered a meditative posture, namely, the Egyptian posture. "So... hum... so... hum..." Breath in, breath out. In, out...

Edited by Constructman

IC:

Barton, meanwhile, stayed detached from the conversation; the marksman was observing the windows of James' apartment, checking his phone and ensuring the security of the perimeter. The silence from the normally clever SHIELD agent was...unnerving. Maybe it was the parent talk; maybe it was Ares' disappearance/death, still weighing on him. Maybe Brando had other stuff on his mind. You never knew with him.

"Can I have everyone's attention, please?" he asked quietly. "Hey. Yo."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"Trust me: there's weirder here," Dallas assured Quinn with a roll of his eyes, finishing off his kiwi and moving towards a plate of waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. "At least, there is if at least a tenth of the people from my universe have incarnations here."

Quinn let that thought simmer in his mind. He was still brand new to this veritable world of special people and he was still undergoing culture shock; he had transcended from city boy in the City of Roses and dedicated college student to new recruit in the New England countryside and casual protege hero in just a weekend and was reeling from the change in energy. Being surrounded by other special people tickled his skin as if each of these people was a feather that brushed against him saying "hey there." He was simultaneously attracted to everyone and still redirected from the rest. Maybe this was similar to what Dallas felt? An alteration in life so profound that it was quite a different universe? He finished his eggs.

After sliding the plate to the side he leaned back in the comfy chair and held his mug of tea in hand. "So I'm rather curious..."

"I didn't notice?" Dallas joked and shot a wry grin at him.

Quinn smiled. "Heh." He hadn't lost his train of thought, though, and continued, "Um, what powers do you and the others have?" He tried ask as innocently as he could make the question, the thought of just an inquisitive mind who wanted to sense more of his surroundings.

IC:

"Well, uh...René is good with kinetic energy," Dallas explained, shrugging and taking a bite of waffle with three strawberries pinned to the fork. "You know, with a wave of his hand he can toss around playing cards and act all fancy. Typical Penn and Teller BS."

"And...what about you?" Quinn asked, just as innocently. Dallas smirked.

"Errr...you know the whole left-brain, right-brain thing? Left brain focuses on creativity, while right brain is good with statistics? Well, I process equations like any normal person, but the left half is...amplified. I have color-to-music synesthesia like you wouldn't believe. I can draw and paint things that I've never seen with the realism of a photo. I can impersonate anyone who ever lived so well that I could be the Academy's golden boy if I wanted to be. I play five instruments and have a four octave vocal range. As for my powers powers...I'm a chronokinetic and an empath. I can control and alter the flow of time around me; I can also register and feel the emotions of those around me, plus project any emotions I want to onto them."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Ic: "That's actually really wizard," Quinn said, eagerly absorbing the information Dallas generously divulged. He was able to duplicate Alaric's powers with the mere mention of the word "hyperkinetic" -- the detail Dallas gave was more than enough for Quinn to clone his powers effortlessly. René's powers would need more clarification but...

"You?"

"Hm?" Quinn said, snapped from imagining how to manifest those abilities.

"What's your power?"

"Oh, right," he said and then found himself at a little crossroads. He could lie to Dallas and state that he was a hyperkinetic like Alaric or simply tell the truth. But what if Dallas already heard him announce his talents to Alaric the day before? The lie would easily be picked up on and could cost him a still budding friendship. The choice lay before him... and then he deduced that the cost of lying would be too great; honesty was the way to go. All this balancing of pros and cons was decided in less than an eyeblink's time. "My powers are twofold," he explained. "I can magnify the abilities of other special people around me and also replicate them identically, providing I know them. It's... pretty cool, to say the least," he said, shyly dropping his vision from Dallas' eyes to the table, unsure how Dallas would react.

IC Morning StarEvery organization has its secrets. Even the most public of groups, such as Tim Hortons, Disney, or even IKEA, has something to hide. There is always something hidden down in sublevel 101, something not meant for the public eye, something that only a select few know about. Things that will (hopefully) never see the light of day.The Enforcers have such secrets. In the lower levels of their base, such things are kept. Prototype weapons, developing technologies, classified objects and data, these are just some of the many things hidden under the metaphorical bed. From a mutant-targeting virus to a special type of neutron bomb to even the incomplete skeleton of a Gundam, these are all things one would see if one had the privilege to traverse such classified areas.If one walked for a long while down this hall of secrets, they might chance upon something strange. They would see a suit of armor hung by several charging cables on a wall. Yet, this suit of armor was too small to be armor, and seemed to... human. Sleek, white armor, black techno-organic wings, and a flashing light in the middle of the mech's chest contributed to the suit's alien feel. If somebody started singing "One of these things is not like the other", the suit would be the thing that everybody would point to.That would be because the suit wasn't a suit. Rather, it was a person, or what was left of a person. Once a Department H operative, the suit-or cyborg, rather-consisted of eighty-five percent technology on a level surpssing even that of the Enforcers, seven percent techno-organic material, and seven percent the remains of Jacques-Pierre Beaubier. The union of man and machine, fashioned in the image of the angels, one of the many hidden weapons of the Enforcers, and possibly their most powerful. The cyborg had yet to see action, but once it did, its designers were certain that it would be unstoppable...OOC Morning Star is ready for deployment. If anybody with a high ranking Enforcer or M.A.C.E. PC wants some backup, just give the word.

IC: "Your friend has the gist of it," Leech said, "Its a prison utilising Doctor Henry Pym's mass-altering technology. It, and all the inmates, are shrunk down to the size of insects. Alec will be using his powers to hack into the systems and shrink us too."

They had clearly come to wherever it was the Morlocks had been going. "if any of you want to turn back, now is the time," he said to the X-Men, "You're far enough away that you wouldn't be able to stop us once you got back home, in case any of you were thinking of getting help."

Alec had decided to skip Leech's misdirections and half-truths and simply look at where they were. He awkwardly climbed a ladder and poked his head up through a manhole.

"...you have got to be kidding me."

The Big House was apparently located within Central Park...

IC: "Nevertheless, you have not convinced me that this duplicate Romulus is a poor choice. Merely that he probably has a plan and is more subtle about doing it than our current methods have been," Song shrugged, "Which, arguably, makes him a better choice than any of us."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

For a moment, Rebekah thought about trying to make a joke, but she decided against it. Without taking her eyes off the scenery, her hand moved over and grasped her free hand. It was quiet, but for once, not out of loneliness or isolation. It was quiet because there wasn't a need for anything to be said.

And for the first time in a long while, things were peaceful.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: White Lightning

"Who wouldn't turn down this opportunity," Jack said while cracking his knuckles. He always wanted the action, why not do it now. The he sees Alec go up a man hole and say, "...you got to be kidding me."

"What, what do you see." Jack asked Alec as he poked his head out the man hole.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion: Victor's brow furrowed as Song and Shaw conversed.

"No."

The two Hellfire members looked at the Black Knight quizzically. "No. I will not serve Clonulus." He adjusted his glasses. "He is not like our White Bishop. I have no problem working with a Romulus. Or with an organization like Hellfire. However, this new Romulus is not seeking partners. He asks for people to bend their knees and swear to serve him." The young mutant crossed his arms. "I spent ten years of my life forcibly indentured to Romulus. Whatever label he pastes onto us, be it Weapon or Legate, I will not be a slave again. Not to any tyrant with a squadron of armed thugs. And especially not to him."

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC:

"An acquaintance of yours asked me to deliver this," He said, passing Alyssa a small box, "She thought it would be a nice apology, seeing what she's done. She would've delivered it herself, if she wasn't detained with other duties."

A ghost of a smile appeared upon Molotov's face as he said this. Inside the box was a syringe, containing a healing concoction that Novocain used to make when he worked for Weapon-X.

"She told us the location of several of these, which we were more than happy to obtain," Molotov informed, "I would suggest using it on your teammate behind me... Especially since he needs to explain his actions from several days ago."

Christopher decided that, while it was a stupid idea, she couldn't just let anyone be executed, and her absorbing powers would come in handy.

"What's up there?" She asked, placing her hand over where her shoulder used to be.

IC: "Its...its Central Park..." Alec sighed, "They've put a supervillain prison full of evil in one of the most public places in a major city."

"I believe the idea was that it be self-sustaining," Leech said, "Tap into a tree's systems to provide power and food, to deal with waste, make it somewhere guards going to and fro won't be noticed, use the wildlife as natural protectors given the miniaturisation of everything..."

"Death of hundreds of civilians if something goes wrong..."

"Yes, I rather think this decision was made by bean-counters not people." Leech clapped his hands together, "So, everyone ready?"

IC: "I wish to deal with facts, not emotions," Song stated plainly, "If all you are going to offer is personal dislike based on past tragedies then I have little reason not to think this...Clonulus might not prove competent."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Krystal

"I'm ready, though when my powers come back...I'll be pretty helpless for a few minutes, the first time my powers activated my transformation was pretty...dramatic..." Krystal didn't really like the idea of reverting back to her mutant form so soon, though she knew this wasn't gonna last forever.

She glanced at Kristy. "Yeah, it's illegal, however we hardly have any choice in the matter. Plus I wouldn't feel right leaving those mutants trapped in there. They don't deserve to be locked up like that."

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC - Cambion - Hellfire Mansion:

"Well, ice princess. You certainly think you understand." Maximoff smirked at Song. "It's not personal dislike. Per se.""I'm thankful to Romulus for the 'past tragedies' as you call them. Taught me much of what I know." The young man strode to the computer, typing at the keyboard for a moment. "I simply have zero interest in sacrificing my free will to be slave to the narrow ambitions of a single person." "Hellfire is bigger than one. Greater oversight than that of a dictatorship." Maximoff played with the ring on his finger, pressing the sides of the ring several times.

Edited by Madara: Mangekyou Master

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies