IC:

The clerk raised an eyebrow, though whether it was at the assortment of items being purchased, the people purchasing them, or the fact that the people purchasing them had been hugging since before they walked into the store was hard to call. He idly scanned all the items, shaking his head slightly as he looked at what chips had been picked, and glanced up.

"That'll be-"He didn't get to finish, as Rebekah handed him a debit card. He glanced at it suspiciously, then back at her eyes, and back at the card, almost as if he expected it to explode. Hesitantly, he took the card and scanned it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Ic: X-Men Manor had no idea. Sensors picked up only a tiny blip on radar and by then the blip was already upon the mansion. Eyes didn't see it, cameras couldn't keep up. A few sound monitors placed outside icked up little more than a swoosh of wind and a slight ruffle of feathers punctuated by three dense knocks.

Annie Worthington stood at the front door of the X-Men Manor and slipped her leather jacket on without a care as she kicked the heavy door thrice with her boot. Then, without further warning, turned the big door lever and opened it like she owned the place and stepped inside.

IC:

"Warren just had that door refurbished," came a voice from behind Annie; in the tone was an implicit note of leadership, but a downtrodden sort of melancholy disinterest. Alaric took a step into the manor itself, observing where Annie's boots had scuffed the door. "Cost him about six hundred bucks."

His gaze fell to the three-quarters full bottle of bourbon in his hand, then back to the door. The hyperkinetic popped the bottle open and flicked his wrist, spraying the door with whiskey that would very obviously leave a stain sooner or later. The history teacher spun the bottle out into the front courtyard, spraying bourbon across the steps and concrete sidewalks, before he turned back to Annie.

"Shame you managed to score first blood on it before I could."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Ic: The hairs at the back of Annie's neck bristled, the only sign of her emotion at the sound of the name "Warren," but the reaction was shrouded by the upturned collar of her jacket that she hadn't fixed yet. "I'll bet it did," she replied with a cool, controlled tone, "but I bet it was nothing more than a spit into a pot for him." She shrugged dramatically and nonchalantly. "No regrets."

Then she turned around and came face-to-face with a mirrored image of herself. Only her nerves of steel kept her from expressing herself more than a single blink; everything else was stuck in her mysterious eyes and didn't show itself.

IC:

"It's alright," Alaric replied, leaning in the open doorway as bourbon began to pool up at the edge of the mansion door by his feet. "I gave his Chevelle to an unlicensed driver, so we'll call it square."

His eyes flicked over Annie's face and body, taking in all facial and physical similarities with his hyperkinetic mind in a matter of nanoseconds, in the time it would take Annie's brain to signal that it was time to blink.

"From the look on your face, I guess I'm not the only one who has beef with dear old Dad."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: At this Annie inhaled deeply through her nose and shifted her weight to the right, tilting her her head that way also. There was no doubt about it at this point; this hot stud was too quick and already figured it out, or figured something out. "You must be Alaric," she said, dull and emotionless.

IC:

Alaric's ultramarine eyes flickered against Annie's, meeting the dull opals head on and refusing to give way under the all-encompassing fog that they represented; in his stance was a quiet determination fueled by a bitterness not unlike Annie's. This loathing was more spontaneous, however, much more recent and explosive. It was there in the grace of Alaric's movements, in the subtle way he twisted his words around whenever he spoke of Warren. Whoever this woman was - and he had a feeling he knew exactly who she was - they had a lot in common from the get go.

"I remember you," he replied, which was true considering the quirks of his near-eidetic memory; though he had been but a toddler, hardly even aware he may have been a mutant, and though she had been too little to remember anything of him, it was plainly obvious from the way the two observed each other callously as though they were trying to figure out how they looked in the mirror. "You're Annie. The other kid Warren screwed over."

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"In the last month or so, Warren's snapped my neck twice, locked me in an oxygenless compartment in a supersonic jet, and killed my girlfriend. I have a right to be at him too."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Ic: "So it sounds like you've had a rough time recently, I'm so sorry," Annie said sympathetically, then her tone and face turned sour and dark. "I guess that's totally not unlike an entire lifetime of being abused and having all my friends die, right?"

Alaric started to speak but Annie spoke over his first syllable and steamrolled him, continuing, "It would have been nice to have been acknowledged or at least remembered over the years. Maybe daddy-o did some pretty bad stuff to you but look at me!" she almost shouted. "Look. At. Me." She held her jaw and rocked her head side to side as if displaying her cheeks. "Tell me, what do you see? Because when I look in a mirror I see someone betrayed in infancy, left to rot in the shadows and be crushed by the weights of fate." She laughed airily and sardonically. "I'm not off at my father. To call him my father at this point would be a credit to him."

Turning away from Alaric she looked down the hallway and up the staircase and cast her judging eyes in every corner. "So where is the motherer? Is he listening!?"

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: "I have no qualms either way," Song said, blandly. She spoke a few words into her mask, where evidently she'd hidden some form of communicator. After a few moments a couple of guards, eyes as blank as the face masks they wore marched into the room and started wheeling out the trolley.

"If anyone tries to stop us, leave the talking to me. I know the key words."

IC: A few of the less combat worthy Morlocks had headed off to the other side of Central Park, distracting the authorities by combining being hobos with being mutants. A combination that made every police officer's truncheon itch. As families ran from the terrifying freaks, the infiltration group snuck into the Park and headed for the tree, Caliban pointing the way.

When the reached the tree, Leech's brow furrowed in concentration and Alec's arm regrew from midair, metal plates sliding into place. Taking only a few seconds to flex his fingers and make sure everything was in working order, Alec plunged his robotic hand into the tree's trunk, making contact with the secure prison's systems and hacking into them. Pym particles descended from a few of the branches, targeting those who were entering the prison, shrinking them down and hoovering them up inside simultaneously. The breakout had begun

OOC: Okay, so who was going in the prison and who was remaining outside to stop the reinforcements?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: I don't think I ever said before, but Krystal is with everyone who went inside the prison.

IC: Krystal - Big House -

As Leech restore everyone's powers Krystal found the effects rather immediate, or at least the pain was. She was glad this was happening while they were being shrunken, last thing she wanted was a public spectacle of herself morphing into a wolf-person. It was a lot like when she first became a mutant, only it happened a lot quicker this time. Fur was already covering her whole body as they entered the Big House in their shrunken forms. She was in a kneeling position as all her wolf-like features began to reemerge, her feet, hands, ears, face, and other extremities reshaping.

When it was finally done she stood up, panting heavily. "I'd prefer it if you never turned my powers off again." She stated flatly to Leech, forcibly morphing like that had been incredibly unpleasant. "If you do well...I might not be able stop the beast inside me from lashing out at you."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: Christophette is going.

IC:

"Oh god, what dark magic is this?" Was the last thing she said as she shrunk. After she'd been beamed into the prison, she staggered as she regained her balance, eventually placing her hand on the wall to steady herself.

"I'm never. Doing that. Again," She declared, her voice hushed to a whisper.

IC:

You don't belong here.
A single teenager walked down the eat corridor stairs of the X-Manor, duffel bag in one hand, and a punching bag over one shoulder. Screw the deal with my parents. I'm not staying two months in here with mad men, murderers, assassins, and crazies. I gave it a shot, and there are a few people'll I might have wanted to know, but this isn't worth it.
I'm out.
OOC: Tera Laurent open for interaction at the manor.
IC:
Alistair's eyes narrowed.
He could feel his heartbeat growing faster, as annoyance swelled within him. So many people, so many people unannounced, and so many people cluttering up his home.
Dante and the new weapons hunter were the worst offenders. He'd love to throw them out- Wait just a moment. I shouldn't be this annoyed. I've gotten very good at being calm...
"Alright. You, weapons hunter. Why are you here, again?"
Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Nooooooo, of course not. Why would I leave a den of terrorists, murderers, madmen, and assassins so soon?" Tera said, turning around, and sighing. "Sorry. That was rude. Very rude, actually.""Yes, I'm planning on leaving."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Jonathan/Alameda]

"A cup of tea and a good book of course." Jonathan raised an eyebrow. "No need to get flustered."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC [Jonathan/Alameda]

"My apologies for disturbing you then, I figured someone like you would jump at the chance to find an artifact capable of bring about world peace." Jonathan stood from the chair, setting his cup down on a nearby table. "But if you're interested in contenting with the rest of your odd guests and refusing help to a fellow colleague, then I suppose I'll take my leave."

voidstars.png

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC:

"I've been here four hours. In that time, I have witnessed two attempted murders, a literal disarmament, an attempted assassination that was followed up with a successful assassination, and had the entire mansion try to kill me."

"I'm not finding many reasons to stay, and I'm finding a lot of reasons to leave. Not to mention, of all the people here, I've met about three people that were even remotely mentally stable. One of them is now dead."

She sighed, settling her weight on her rearmost foot. "I have a feeling that I was safer back when I was getting beaten up on a daily basis."

IC:

Alistair paused. As much as he wanted this man to leave, and as much as he didn't want to reveal that he knew anything, this was tempting.

".... You have my interest. I suggest you try and keep it."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Jonathan/Alameda]

"I suppose some people do need things repeated before they listen." Jonathan raised an eyebrow. "Pipe of the Creator. An ancient object, believed to be endowed by the Great Spirit himself to a woman warrior. It's abilities allow it to calm anyone and bring mortal enemies to the talking table. Now, we could use this as an example of early Native American gender roles, but I think both of us are more interested in where that might be and if it actually has its powers. It's existence is a certainty, my sources confirm that, but it's current status is... harder to come by."

voidstars.png

IC:

"Let's assume for a minute that I have any interest in what you're talking about, and I have any idea what you're saying." Alistair shifted his weight slightly, crossing his arms. "I don't know much about Native American mythology.""Where might it be?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC [Jonathan/Alameda]

"The southern Appalachians. Somewhat of a large area, but these sorts of things always stick around near their home turf. I have, erm, had sources in the area that could of helped me but that isn't an option anymore. A contact here suggested your father, or maybe your family, might have records that could help me track this down."

voidstars.png

IC: Nathan

Not really knowing what else to do, I picked up Jesika, carrying her in my arms as she hugged me, and began to walk down the hall. She was in shock, and so the best thing I could do was head toward her room. There she could get some rest and recover from the loss of Dr. Mccoy, and everyone else who had died.

Edited by A billion cats

IC - Tengu - Quinjet on route to X-Mansion: Tommy Oyama smoothed out a crease in the fold of his trenchcoat, and adjusted his collar. He glanced at the seat across from him, where his partner was also waiting. The Quinjet was a fantastic aircraft. One of the few pieces of technology sold by Wakanda before the Dark Phoenix's descent on the African state. As far as Tengu knew, there hadn't been so much as an official whisper from the country in almost 18 years. An upgraded hand-me-down from the old days of the Avengers. In some ways, better times. The former Enforcer glanced at the military officer Yuri had recommended. "We'll be touching down pretty soon." The Eurasian man smiled pleasantly. "Do you prefer Agent Lutney, or just Bryce?"OOC: Ilyusha. Your cue. :D

STAR WARS GALAXY AT WAR

E2F89AB957A1479880B245CBBECF5036.jpg

... we have cookies

IC: Hanna

Cities.

Why did it have to cities?

No matter how long she stayed away, not matter how much it seemed like a "short trip" couldn't hurt, it always ended up the same way. So why do you keep on doing it, Stupid? She thought exasperatedly to herself. Hanna sighed, yelling at herself didn't make anything better.

Currently, she was in one of the worst places she could possibly be on the planet. Sitting on a bench in the middle of a city, at rush hour.

IC: Jesika

Without a sound, Jesika did the only thing she could think to do at the moment, hug Nathan more in a (thankfully) non-bone crushing hug. It seemed as if the news had yet to sink in, and she was more afraid of what might happen when it did than the actual event pertaining to it. Her vived-blue eyes were still wide and umblinking, staring straight, though not seeing anything.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Dante

Dante could feel the annoyance building, he was peeved at the brit for dragging him along here. He was peeved at the Thunderbird for ruining half of his research. Heck, he was pretty much ###### off at the whole world, why did the world have to suck so much. You'd think someone could just wake up and fix things. Heck if all these guys have always had so much power why didn't they do anything, this one dude was claiming he could spread peace or something with his flute. So what the ###### was waiting for.

###### maybe I should punch him in the jaw a few times, see how that.... what am I saying.... I need to get a grip. Just do what I always do when angry. Take a break and a nap. "Yo guys, I'll be heading for a bit. See yah." Without waiting for another response, Dante stepped out the door of the house, and was just about to walk to his house when he realized something. His anger had died down, completely. Odd, perhaps I should take a look around, figure out what's going on.

OOC: Are there any visible signs of the curse?

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

"He's not listening," Alaric replied from over Annie's shoulder. "He's not around. I doubt he will be, ever again."

Annie's eyes narrowed as she turned around slowly and again faced Alaric. "Did someone get first blood before I could?" she asked keenly.

The new headmaster of the school shrugged, taking his position and examining his sister's face for any signs of emotion; his own face was largely unreadable apart from the obvious bitterness, freshly imprinted into the beautiful face of the hyperkinetic.

"Not yet," he admitted with a shrug, surprisingly cold and callous. "But as it happens, he has this trinket that runs in the family. Magic ring, looks a lot like this one here, prevents him from dying due to supernatural causes or entities. So when you - or, more preferably, we - find him, we can shed first blood. Again. And again. And again. And maybe even again, if there's still time in the day."

IC:

Brooklyn snickered as the man's eyes popped at the amount of dough on Rebekah's credit card; she took the liberty of bagging their stuff for the catatonic clerk and then flung it over her shoulder, which was still propped up on...Rebekah's shoulder. The two girls made their way out of the store with waves at customers and faculty alike who were staring at them as they made their way back out to the Pagani.

"They act like they've never seen two hot chicks doing a fireman's carry before," Brooklyn opined as Rebekah let her slide to her feet, arms still wrapped around the small of her back in a hug.

-Tyler

Edited by Tyler Durden

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:"That, they may have seen. That, plus this car and a debit card with more money on it than their store is worth? That they probably haven't seen."

The former Weapon grinned, and sniffed slightly. "... What is that smell? It's faintly salty."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

A somewhat frazzled looking Lucia stumbled into the room. The Nightgaunt, wings folded against its back, following behind her, implacable and unflappable. One would note the bags under Lucia’s eyes rather quickly. “I…where the refreshments? I could not sleep during the night.” She had tossed and turned for hours, utterly unable to rest. Already her thoughts were starting to blur, her finely honed intellect starting to dull.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

"It's the ocean. And your sense of humor."

Brooklyn slid into the driver's seat and turned on the hypercar as Rebekah buckled in; with a quick rev of her engine and a blown kiss at the counter staff of the surf shop, she tore off, making a beeline towards Venice Beach.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Hmm?""Oh, um." Alistair glanced at Lucia, for a moment distracted from Jonathan. He quickly took in her rather fatigued appearance, and made a mental note to try and see if he could help later. "You remember the machine that kept things cold? There are some drinks in there, there's fruit on the counter, and some bread in the cupboard. Or I can be in the kitchen in a few minutes to cook something."He had to admit, his Latin was getting better.

IC:"So that's what the ocean smells like..."After a few moments, they rounded a corner, and Rebekah's eyes widened to the size of plates, as the ocean came into view. Sparkling under the sun, it was a picturesque sight.

"Holy...."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Lucia)

"Many thanks..." Lucia wondered in the vague direction of the kitchen, muttering under her breath. "Not right....not right at all." Something was prickling at the back of her mind, a forgotten passage in one of the many scrolls she had read. She couldn't place her finger on it, it was if some part of her remembered something, something very important, but her waking mind was simply unable to grasp it. The Nightgaunt, bound to her will, simply followed her to the kitchen, utterly unpreturbed.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Nathan

When we arrived in Jesika's room, I gently laid her down on her bed. I sat down on the edge of the bed, not daring to leave her alone, not till she fell asleep at least.

Edited by A billion cats

IC:

"I can see you making eyes at that eclair. If you want it that bad, just ask," Dallas requested as Ashley took a sip of hot chocolate, flicking a dot of whipped cream off the olive surface of her nose.

IC:

"Gorg, huh?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ashley

"You sure?" Ashley asked as she put down her hot chocolate, she felt the warm drink all over her lips. "Ack my lips are gonna get all sticky..." Ashley paused as she looked at Dallas, her hyperactive mind going to new places.

She looked at her napkin, then back to Dallas, then back to the... "Ah nuts I lost my napkin!" She exclaimed, her arms going into the air a bit dramatically, a crumpled white ball went flying across the cafe.

IC:

The chronokinetic bit one of the corners of his bottom lip, dismay evident in his face as he watched the accidental piece of litter flutter down the cafe and into the streets. Eventually, his eyes tore away from the sight of the balled up napkin and back towards Ashley.

"Sorry for your loss," he said genuinely, looking down at his own napkinless tray. "But I'm flat out of anything to wipe with."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME