IC:

"Thanks," Alaric said graciously as he slid Tara into the passenger's seat of the Gallardo and buckled her up. "Thanks a lot, Bek. By the way...how'd you know I was here? And how'd you figure out I was in trouble...?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:"I called." She replied from her perch, eyes still watching the road. "You once told me if I called and you didn't answer the phone, you were either dead or dying. And thus far, that's always been the case. So I used your cellphone to figure out where you were. It wasn't too accurate, it could only tell me that you were in Las Vegas. It was a grid system search from there."

"That was... Two hours ago? Maybe three? I'm not sure."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Well, uh...thanks for listening to little tidbits like that and taking them seriously," Alaric acknowledged, scratching his head.

IC:

"SUGAR HONEY ICED TEA THEY'RE COOLING DOWN! THEY'RE COOLING DOWN!"

Brooklyn skidded to a halt in front of Alaric and Rebekah unceremoniously, popped open the Cinnabon box, and threw each of them a bun like a closer on a baseball field.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:With a speed going beyond even superhuman, the bun was intercepted a foot away from the former Weapon by a dark blur, vanishing and reappearing in her hand, a bite already missing.

"Thanks, Brook." Rebekah smiled. "Now I know where you were when you called."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Nathanael

Nathanael sat grumbling as he waited for the waiter to come back with another dish. He perked up as he heard footsteps coming towards the booth. His happiness sank as he saw the owner of the feet. Instead of a second dish, all he got was two angry guards. Security guards, of course. 'The ******* aiter screwed me over!' Nathanael thought to himself, as got up from his seat and stood before the two men. " Sir, would you mind coming with us?" asked one of the two guards. "I ain't going any'ere wit you blokes!" Nathanael laughed in reply and leaned back on the table. " Well Bill, we tried their way like you asked, it didn't work. It's time to do it my way." Said the second guard as he took a baton off his hip, and thrust it into Nathanael's gut.

Nathanael growled in rage as he doubled over. The blow hadn't hurt, not in the slightest. All the same, Nathanael hated being touched, especially by humans. "Ard way it is!" he said glaring as he stood up. He backhanded the guard who hit him, downing the man instantly. The sight of his partner being downed by one backhand gave the other guard pause, a pause long enough for Nathanael to launch forward and grab the man by the neck. Futilely the man beat against the boy's arm as the grip tightened, slowly crushing the man's windpipe. Tired of watching the man die, Nathanael threw the man's body through the nearby window. "I want at aiter." Nathanael said to himself as walked further into the restaurant, kicking the other man's body out of his way as he walked.

IC: Taralynn, Unknown. Unknown.

Tara stood still, confusion rattiling her brain. She had wandered for awhile and eventually the pull got stronger, but when she tried to find it it got weaker. After taking a minute to think Tara started to walk again, this time not trying so hard to find it. It didn't make any sense. It was like the more she actively tried to move towards the pull the weaker it became. It was like it wanted her to wander towards it blindly. This feeling, this tug, it was such a pain but it was the only thing here Tara could feel besides herself, and she wanted to find it. So if giving in and doing what it wanted was what it would take to find it, then she was going to do just that. Almost as soon as Tara gave in and started wandering blindly, the feeling disappeared and gave way to a faint light in the distance.'Is that a way out?' Tara thought.

At first Taralynn walked, not wanting to take any chances on this being like the tug, but as she got closer the light didn't dim and it only got stronger. She picked up the pace, running as fast as she could, the light growing brighter the closer she got. She could feel something, like the light was calling to her -no singing to her, faintly yet there all the same - forcing her to run faster. As Tara made it of the edge of the blinding light, the singing grew strong enough for her pin point the location of where it was coming from.

There was someone in the luminescence, a girl covered in what looked like orange light, curled into the fetal postion. The singing was coming from her.

Taralynn went to reach forward, but the light grew stronger and stronger the closer her hand got, forcing her to pull back and cover her eyes with her hands. Tara felt something grab her by the wrists and before she could react, pull. Immediately the light flooded her eyes, the unbearable blinding pain pouring into her mind. 'Come to me Tara.' Was the last thing Taralynn heard before the burning pain overtook her mind

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC:

Warren jumped to the right in surprise as the guard flew through the window. He burst through the door to the restaurant, arcs of electricity jumping off of him, then quickly recoiling back into his body.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Stop right there!" He shouted at Nathanael, "Pick on somebody your own size pal, not the humans!"

IC:

"This is Barton. I was told we're getting the band back together. Again."

In the security camera at Stark Tower, Brando lifted up Natalie's hand so the supersoldier watching behind the camera could see who it was. The marksman grinned and stretched backwards, cracking his back.

"I even brought a groupie."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

There was a quiet buzz, as the elevator switched on, and began moving the newer arrivals towards the Avengers' headquarters. Well, as close as it came to headquarters with them.

"You know, those cards do have a purpose other than calling for me when you're too lazy to fetch your own pizza, Brando."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. What was the purpose of waking me up before the sun went down, again?" Barton grumbled, albeit with a playful smirk on his face, as he sat down in one of the chairs in the Avengers Panic Room, which was the unofficial name for the Brando Barton Shrine and Emporium to Hostess Brands, Inc. "Is it time for our first crisis?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"I am never doing this again," a voice muttered to anybody in the area of the central yard of the late Doctor Xavier's mansion, emanating from the mouth of a young man lying in the sidewalk there. One moment there'd been a flash there as a rip was torn in the fabric of space and time, and now there was a man lying on the concrete sidewalk, scorch marks all about him.

Shaking his head, he stood up, dusting off the blazer he wore. After a moment he started rolling his wrists, whip-like strands of metal shooting out from each of them and back in during one movement, the man continuing along as though nothing had happened. Lift his legs, jog in place, all good, all checked out.

After a moment he turned and looked at the sidewalk, with scorchmarks all around him, shaking his head a bit more.

"Never, ever, shall I trust those bloody, mechanical fools to make human-safe dimensional transportation technology," he muttered, a memory of first blinding darkness and then a blank, empty expanse of white came back to him, making him almost want to try and claw his eyes out to remove the image. With a shudder he turned, looking at where he ended up, and frowned. Almost in disappointment.

"Well, this wasn't where I was supposed to end up at all," he muttered, incredulous. "Xavier's? Really? I was supposed to land in Genosha!" Muttering something more about "never trust techno-organics with trans-dimensional transportation," he went up and knocked on the door to the entrance room.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Natalie followed Brando into the Hostess Shrine, remaining standing despite her exhaustion.

She didn't belong here. Shouldn't act like she did.

IC: Alyssa reflex teleported at the explosion of a storefront nearby, drawing her pistol.

Don't give me that look. She has a carry permit.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Rook, relax." James sighed, watching the agent stand rigidly, almost at attention, next to a chair. "If we were going to make you stand the entire time, I wouldn't have let Brando bring you up in the first place."

The supersoldier looked at Brando, gesturing towards Alyss, who was standing nearby. "That one showed up as an energy being walking through the streets downtown. She wanted to talk to the Avengers. Hence why we're all here."

NPC IC:On the bridge of the helicarrier, one analyst looked up from their monitor, and back towards the command chair on the bridge. "Director Fury. We're getting large radar signatures approaching off the east coast."

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Nick Fury looked up at the analyst, sure he was probably playing Galaga or something and just slacking off; then the Director of SHIELD stopped, looked at the other radar operator's screens and his face drew. It was no error, that was for sure; his own screens showed him the same thing, several large mothership-shaped clusters surrounded by dozens of other radar shapes in a variety of formations. The signatures were no glitch, and though they looked to be something out of Galaga, Fury knew in his gut that it was anything but.

"What the heII are those things?"

Brando Barton stood up and moved to the window, drawing the sight of Alyss, Natalie and the Avengers as he did so. What the marksman spotted was plainly visible after about a second or two; they were large shapes, obsidian-black in color and designed with the utmost care towards mechanical perfection and psychological intimidation. They flew in over Manhattan almost like they were simple locusts carried by the spring breeze, but it was obvious from the way they drifted, like lethargic hawks searching idly for carrion on the ground, that these were no bugs. One such hawk, a large, menacing ship that was at the center of one of the protective clusters, slowly swiveled in the air like a top to stare Brando in the face. Something slid out from the side of the ship, long and lean like PVC pipe; his eyes narrowed in confusion for a second before widening.

"Grab something!" he yelled, but his words were drowned out, first by the sudden sound of cannon fire, then by the sudden flash of blinding light, then a loud boom, and then, finally, the slow, mourning cries of Stark Tower as its foundation began to give way.

-Tyler

Edited by Dallas Winston

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Christopher was in luck. There were two guards left on the console. One was leaning back on his chair with a coffee in his hand, watching the screens. Wouldn't be too much trouble. The second one would though. She looked to be on high alert, with a rifle in her hands already, carefully keeping on eye on the door

IC: "So..." Alys asked, "Of all the mutants here, how well known would you say they were. I have a few ideas that would require...relative anonymity."

IC: Alyss had been about to explain what she had come for, but had got distracted by the pattern of the wallpaper. When brando called out his alarm and the walls began to shake she just opened a portal on instinct, ready to step through it in a moments notice

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC-Erin:

Thankfully, Erin had already been holding on to something, in abject shock at seeing an enemy aircraft with a large weapon pointed at the towar, immediately after his having eaten breakfast.

He rather quickly morphed to his angered, active state, if only so that he could move to be a shield for the others. In this, he wouldn't fall. And, to add to the good bits of this overall bad day, Erin was able to maintain control.

"So, Brando, you guys want me to help hold you steady while I'm like this?"

profiles i guess

IC: Howard Stark

It was at that moment Howard came bursting into the room, fully armored and ready to go, he'd been in his private workshop working on something...as always.

"Warning, the structural integrity of Stark Tower has been compromised. Estimating time till collapse......" JARVIS announced. "I highly recommend evacuating immediately."

Howard was surprisingly calm. "There are hundreds of people in this tower...get them out of here...I'll keep the tower from falling as long as I can." Howard began to push buttons on his gauntlet with rapid precision....

Alarms started to blare and JARVIS continued to repeat his message every ten seconds, adjusting the time remaining when needed. Suits of armor began to flare to life from with the armory, and began to move toward Howard as they powered up.

Wordlessly Howard flew toward the direction of the enemy ship that had fired upon his home, smashing through a window without care. The empty suits of armor flew out as well, following their creator. Howard unleashed several missiles out from his suit, aimed at the enemy craft, the other armors mirroring his actions.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

GM IC:

"The attack has begun, sir."

The voice resounded through the room, startlingly loud in such a quiet space.

"Good. The city shall soon fall."

A veritable fleet.

That is what hovered ominously over the city. The smaller ships landed, ramps folding out, and hundreds upon hundreds of troops disgorged from within them. Each one was clad in black, nigh on identical to each other. Were it not for the multi-headed beast emblazoned on their shoulders, they would have been unidentifiable.

Hydra had made it's move.

IC:James looked wildly about the room, taking stock of the situation. "That means the elevator's out. We'll need another way down, and fast."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Brando, meanwhile, slid backwards, landing hard with his back onto the edge of the conference table with a muffled curse mixed with a yelp of pain; the senior SHIELD marksman grabbed onto the table with one hand and drew his gun with the other, firing off four rounds in close spacing and knocking out a panel of the window pane. Shards of lead and glass tumbled callously into the air, falling against the twisting metal and weeping frame of Stark Tower. The once-majestic feat of architecture was little more than a bifurcated corpse now, twitching here and there as though it were being shocked with a defibrillator; it hung merely from the force of will and the doomed efforts of widely spaced metal wires and foundation blocks. Even now its creaking echoed throughout the city, joining the dreadful choir of cannons, repulsor beams, and other weaponry as more buildings throughout New York City were fired upon. Already fighter jets were being scrambled to defend One World Trade Center and the Empire State Building; before Howard and Brando's eyes the Statue of Liberty's torch was blown right out of her hand, sending oxidized copper into the water with a dreadful splash; the river bottomed out for a second, sending a geyser of water reaching upwards into the sky like the hands of beggars and the hearts of millions - billions - watching worldwide into an unshakable despair that warred inside them with all the helplessness of a parent mourning their lost young.

"Oh, my God," the Avenger rasped, his wit dried up in the sand dunes of his -newly parched throat, his muscles going numb as he watched newly-lit flames lick away at a city that could arguably be called the capital of the world. The gun slipped out of his hand and slid down the table, finally stopping as his knee blocked its further descent. He would have kicked it up lazily if he had the presence of mind to do so, but it was all he could do not to yell out in rage and punch into the metal table until he had left a visible dent in the surface, had filled up the parts where once there was steel and sleek surface with blood and flesh. Stark Tower bucked again, like a man hit with a glancing blow from a car or a sniper's bullet, and the gun tumbled for a second against his waist. Now Brando grabbed it as he twirled; he looked over to the left, where the window pane he had shot out still howled with the unfamiliar New York breeze. There was no time to think. For now, there was Avenging to do.

He let go of the table and bucked forward to the left, sliding feet first down and out the window panel and into the air currents. Behind him, Stark Tower screamed in agony as its beams and electrical systems tangled amongst themselves and bled out in sporadic bursts of spark, flame, and noise. Before him, Howard Stark led an army of metal men against the ships, which even now were regurgitating more and more smaller craft, creating an armada before his very eyes. Below him, millions looked up in the sky, their days now paused in lieu of the spontaneous conflict, and filmed with their phones and their cameras and their disbelieving gazes as their world began to change forever, again.

Above him, the ships kept firing.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC-Lucas:

"I can't believe this. I come here to prepare an escape from a desolated world and any of the Phalanx's leftovers...and come in right as a war begins?" Lucas sighed.

"No, no, this won't do at all...I might just have to find the others who crossed over."

profiles i guess

IC: Jack Hart had restarted a star. His daughter had nowhere near his power, but when she got angry...Natalie's eye lit up, glowing bright enough to light up a room with its purple glow. She flew outside, concussive and heat blasts dancing at her fingertips, itching to be fired.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"Oh... Giroux didn't tell me about that..." Will said, frowning.

"Well you've probably heard this already then, but I'm sorry. I really want to live tomorrow."

With that, he started to dash towards Angela, a pair of batons made of blueish light in his hands, swinging at the Precog's head.

IC

Angela ducked underneath the batons and to the side, letting them whoosh by less than an inch from her cranium, Dang, this guy was fast. She may have been able to see what was coming, but that didn't make it any easier to dodge.

The precog let her momentum carry her around, and she spun out of Will's range, adopting a half-hearted karate stance.

"Okay, dude, this is stupid. I've never met you. What do you want?"

IC: Siegfried, for his part, had made a significant effort to begin evacuating as many people as he could. This resulted in various people thrown across his broad shoulders as he half sprinted/half flew down the halls, or what was left of the halls of Stark Tower. With each groan of twisted metal, Siegfried's pace quickened, only slowing to place people down in a safer location for them to continue their escape while he went back for more people.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Nathanael

Nathanael turned at the sound of the person's voice, surprise flashing across his face for a quick second before being replaced by laughter. " Ehy on't you mind your bussiness." Nathanael said as he picked up a plate from another booth and carelessly flung it towards the intruder. Once the plate left his hand Nathanael turned back around and continued walking. The guy would probably stop if the plate hit him and if it didn't, whatever. He was busy thinking about what he was going to do to the waiter once he found him.

IC: Taralynn, Somewhere. Unknown.

Tara stood precariously as her sight cleared. Her legs wobbled, though she wasn't sure if it was from the height or the numb thorbbing in her skull. She could see now- no more blackness, and the first thing she noticed was that she was really high up. The other was the large landscape around her: lush green forests, white towers, castles and walls, the sun was shining through the clouds, and the stars were visable in the bright blue sky. It was breath taking. " Beautiful, Isn't it, Tara?" asked a voice from her side. " Yeah, yeah, breath taking. Doesn't explain where the **** I am though. Does it? " Tara asked, waving her hands at the green forests in the distance. " And how the **** do you know my na-" Tara asked, her words cutting off midsentence as she turned to look at the voice and recoiled in surprise. " It is beautiful. I figured you'd like it, how could you not? " The voice asked with a chuckle, completely ignoring the stunned look on Taralynn's face. Tara just stood there. What she was seeing was too much for her at the moment. "To answer your question, since it seems you won't be able to talk unless I do, I'm you." The voice said " Or well, to be more accurate, you're me." The voice continued, waving it's hands at it's body to showcase it's point.

The orange curls, the bright yellow-orange eyes. the fair skin, even the clothes. The only real difference was that she was covered in a soft orange glow, still it was definite. It was Tara. "B-B-But-what-huh? How? The ****?! You're m-me?!" Tara asked, the shock forcing her to stammer. "It's Absolutely Stunning! And, it's mine!" The other Tara said, continuing from where she left off earlier. " Then again it better be, I've spent the past seventeen years working on it." The other Tara said, a strange smile on her face as she slowly walked towards Tara. "And now that stupid ***** is dead! I don't have to trail after her like some useless ******* dog!" The other Tara said, anger suddenly flashing across her face.

"Huh?" Taralynn asked in confusion. "Did you like my singing?" Asked the other Tara, the anger on her face replaced by a smile that didn't reach her eyes. "Wait, what?! You never answered my question." Tara said, taking a step away from the other her. "Aw, don't worry you're pretty little head about it. Point is, you just like everything else, are mine." The other Tara said as she stepped forward and grabbed Tara's face with one hand. White light began to pour from the other Tara's hand forcing Tara's mind to blank once again.

Taralynn stirred in the passenger seat, her eyes moved rapidly behind closed lids.

IC: Alison

Mist with ice chips descended through the air above Alison's destination, slowly shaped itself and then swirled across the lawn. One frozen foot landed in the grass, then another. The rest of her body formed as she strode over the lawn. She'd finally made it to her destination, the X-Mansion. Alison paused at the doorstep, breathed off a layer of frost, and forced heself to ring the doorbell.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC:

Alright. Time to make this happen, before he became a stain with good aim on the New York City pavement.

Brando stretched out his arms and fingers as far as they could go before catching onto the armor plate of one of the Iron Man suits and pulling himself on top of it. The possibility of plummeting to his death neutralized for the moment, Brando climbed onto the Iron Man suit and locked his fingers around its faceplate, determined not to be bucked off.

"JARVIS!" he roared into the comm unit in his ear. "Yo! JARVIS!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Howard Stark

Howard and his suits of armor began to focus on the bigger craft, firing repulsors, missiles, whatever they could to do some damage. Howard's suits were powerful, but they were vastly outnumbered.

"Yes Mr. Barton?" JARVIS chimed in.

"Let me in!!!"

"Hold still sir." The suit suddenly separated into several parts, flying away from Brando. Brando found himself falling.

Then the pieces returned, each one clamping on to the correct part of Brando's body, quickly covering him until the suit was complete.

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Chaos.

Chaos and destruction reigned for miles around, fights breaking out on every street corner, every storefront. Panic enveloped the public swiftly, bystanders sprinting away, trying to escape, to get away from the invading force. Brave police officers drew their weapons in a futile attempt to hold off the oncoming storm, but most were quickly cut down by Hydra's superior weaponry. The ground forces marched inexorably on, not slowing for anyone.

But even as battle waged on the ground, the war in the air continued. The armors fought valiantly against the fleet arrayed before them, but they were slowly losing. As James watched, several of them was picked out of the sky, obliterated by a blast from one of the larger ships. Smaller, fighter-class crafts darted about, peppering the defenders with machine gun fire. A small detachment broke away, charging for the Helicarrier, hovering on the outskirts of the city.

After a moment of shock, James' eyes narrowed. Even as the tower began to break down around him, he turned and sprinted towards the armory. Howard had many suits, most of which had engaged the foe. All that remained within were relics, a museum. Armors from a bygone age, long since rendered obsolete. He ran past them all, looking for one in particular, one that he had seen before, one that was...

There. In a corner, separate from the rest, an armor of gleaming blue and red. Unlike the others, this one had not been built by the late Tony Stark, or his son. This one had been based around stolen technology, namely, the Model 29 Iron Man armor. It had been reclaimed later, shut down for good, and placed here. The supersoldier stumbled, sliding to the side as the tower began to fall.

Pulling back his fist, he slammed it into the glass casing, again, and again, the casing slowly cracking and shattering beneath each blow. He shoved his hand onto the palm scanner, growling at the delay as it scanned his fingers. FInally, with a click, the chest piece of the armor separated enough for James to slide inside.

It was dark, as the helmet closed around his head. He could hear it slowly coming online, the clicking and whirring as the systems came alive for the first time in decades. But it was slow, far too slow, as James quickly realized when it fell forward. The suit slid across the ground as the top of the tower went horizontal, plummeting through the air, and crashing through the wall beneath him.

Nothing more than debris, tumbling through the air. The suit was no more than a metal coffin as he fell, inexorably closer to the ground-

Iron Patriot Armor: Online.

Instantly, the suit sprang to life, thrusters activating to slow his fall, and turn it into a level flight. At least, as level as it got. This suit lacked Jarvis' assistance, and there was no way to compensate for the pilot's lack of experience. Though stable, his movements were shaky, the moves of an amateur.

Armor power levels: Ninety nine percent. Estimated operation time limit: one hour.

Gas guzzler. The super soldier thought to himself viciously, glaring out at the world, even as he slotted his shield into position on his arm. FIghting in a relic. Suppose that's fitting.

"What's this thing packing?"

The Iron Patriot Armor Mk. 1 is equipped with the Star Unibeam.

"That's it?"

Affirmative.

"****!" James swore, dodging awkwardly around a large scale blast, feeling the heat through the armor as it passed. "Screw it. Transfer all power from the Unibeam to musculature. We're doing this the old fashioned way.

Notice: Armor at Ninety six percent power.

"Yeah, I get it already! Now shut up!"

Do you wish to disengage power warnings?

"Yes!"

Warning: Indicated actions will put intense strain on armor. Damage may not be repairable. Deactivation of warnings not recommended.

"Do it."

Confirmed.

The armor shot forward at James' direction, colliding with one of the small craft. Armored digits tore through the hull, grasping deep inside, and pulling. The craft was torn apart in a shower of sparks, exploding around him. When the smoke cleared, eh armor was scorched but very much operational.

"Now all you ****ers," He announced through a loudspeaker, voice filled with rage. "Who thought it was a good idea to attack my city again,""Come and get it!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Let's see how this'll work out...

IC: (Warren, Aether):

Like any sensible person who suddenly found a plate flying at them, I stopped, and dropped. Forget rolling. It was just an identified-flying-plate (I.F.P.), not some sort of molotov cocktail or the like.

I jumped back up, holding out my hand wand watching as a good ten volts of electricity surged out of my hand and went flying at Nathanael. In the back of my mind, I dimly noticed that the guy would probably be rosted by the sheer transfer of ten volts into him, but in real time... I didn't notice. I was focused. On one thing. Stopping this guy. Probably the first time in my life that I've been so focused on one thing.

It's funny how that works.

---

"It's not what I want, it's what I have to do," Will explained, "Short story, I've been kidnapped, and now I have to do whatever my new 'boss' wants me to do if I want to live."

Will waited a few moments, as if he was expecting something to happen...

Nothing. Will let out a sigh of relief. Either Hughes wasn't listening in, or he didn't care what he was saying.

"So, my new boss wants you, alive, and I'm here to take you to him. I really don't want to do this, but I have to."

He lunged forward, a right swing at Angela's side, and left at her head.

Edited by Varren Rehn

IC-Erin:

Erin looked around, seeing all the others leave the room he was in, before turning, looking at the ground below. Three steps to the window, looking down, he sighed.

Yep, they were definitely falling. Knowing the Asgardian would be near to the bottom by now he simply jumped out the window, his 'activated' state allowing him to survive the severely shortened fall. For a moment he directed people's movements as they were streaming out of the tower, before he saw the Asgardian looking out one of the windows.

"Siegfried!" He yelled, to catch the Asgardian's attention. "I need you down here by me as fast as possible!"

profiles i guess

IC:

The suit kicked in at once and Barton suddenly found himself hovering at a steady pace in the new armor. The AI flared to life before his eyes, vanquishing the sudden darkness in lieu of a bright red HUD and visor that allowed him to see the world ahead through a curious scarlet cloud. The outside of the armor was a variety of blacks and golds, with red eyes and repulsor beams and a sleek, lightweight appearance. The marksman whooped inside the suit, excited despite himself.

Sir, the suit does not yet have a programming name.

"Uh...name it The Contender."

-Tyler

Edited by Dallas Winston

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: There was a dull clap of thunder and a flash of electricity, and in short order, Siegfried had joined Erin on the ground, clothes still swirling from the sudden burst of speed. "How can I assist?"

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

Erin and Siegfried have the tower handled. Civilian evacuation in progress. Teammates evacuated from tower. Which leaves one objective.

A blur of red, white and blue lanced out, followed immediately by the explosion of one of Hydra's smaller crafts. James plucked his shield out of the air, flying through the crowd of smoke, into a full on broadside of the next vehicle, smashing through it with ease. He whirled to attack the next foe just in time to catch a volley of machine gun fire on his shield. Another volley promptly slammed into his back, sending warning signs flaring to life on his HUD.

"*******." James swore, moments before his shield cut through the oncoming craft, only to be caught once more.

Armor integrity: Ninety three percent.

"You really, really suck, don't you?"

Query not understood.

"Yeah, I figured as much."

NPC IC: Maria Hill

"****!"

The SHIELD officer exclaimed, as the Helicarrier was rocked by another blow. The bridge was organized, even in the chaos around them, crew members struggling to hold off the oncoming tide. "I want point defenses online, and I want them online yesterday! Scramble any fighters we've got left."

"Ma'am, port-side engine engine just took another hit."

"Don't tell me about it, just do something!"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"I'veeeeeeeee been workin' on the raaaaaaaail-roaaaaaad, all the live-long dayyy~"

An unlit Newport in his mouth, Daken Akihiro tinkered away deep in the bowels of the SHIELD helicarrier; behind him was a SHIELD agent with a simple knick across his throat where the Muramusa blade had met his jugular. The ground beneath Daken's feet was caked in blood, staining his shoes a light brownish color like flat Dr Pepper. A twitch of his hands here, a spasm there, a slight little maneuver of his dextrous little fingers every now and then, and he'd wiggled himself his final little hidey hole into the starboard engines of the floating behemoth in the skies above Manhattan. Every now and then the craft shook as it took fire from the Hydra fleet just hundreds of yards outside in all directions. One wrong move, and he'd be knocked outta the sky by his own allies.

"It's a dirty ######in' job, man," he said to the corpse behind him with a low motorboat noise of his lips. "But someone's gotta do it, eh?"

From his back pocket - not exactly the best storage place but as good of one on the fly as any - the assassin withdrew several carefully designed and flawlessly smooth shaped charges that fit into the little cubbies he'd crafted without a hitch. There was a single, solitary little red button, cute as could be, on the end of the explosive facing him; from his other back pocket - suffice it to say Daken would never receive a job at OSHA - he removed the detonator and pressed upwards on the toggle screen, kind of like you would on a PS2, until the display read 00:30 in big block script. With his work done, Daken pressed the button and stepped back, stretching his bare muscles and looking down at where the man's blood had sprayed on his bright orange tank top. He turned back to the guard with a wink as he crouched down and his Muramusa blades extended again from his wrists, slicing a circular hole in the wall for him to jump through. In his hand, the detonator read 00:22 innocently.

He leapt, letting the wind catch him as he soared down towards Manhattan below. The city skyline was blotted out with the black of Hydra warships and the Crayola-box flair of various Iron Man suits fighting them off. Army, Navy, Marine and Air Force was already deployed, along with SHIELD forces. Even though this really wasn't MACE's jurisdiction, they'd probably be along for the ride, too, soon enough. With that happy thought in mind Daken pulled the parachute cord on his back, letting the fabric blossom outwards in one glorious movement and allowing him to enjoy the view without getting himself caught in range of the blast radius - or by gravity.

00:03. 00:02. 00:01. 00:00--

Daken grinned, running a hand over the top of his mohawk as a solid little congratulatory pat to himself; as the skyscrapers began to dwarf him in height once again and he looked for a roof to make his landing on, he didn't have to look up to know that the starboard engines of the SHIELD Helicarrier had just been demolished.

"I'veeeeeeee been working on the raaaaailroad just to pass the time awayyyyyyy."[/i]

-Tyler

Edited by Dallas Winston

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME