IC: Liberty"Ms. Rogers!" The pilot of the small jet called out to her, fear filling his voice. "Ms. Rogers...the city is under attack! I won't be able to land without-!" Noel was already up, her eyes staring out of the window to the scene ahead. "Don't get any closer...fly lower. I'm going out."Before the pilot could object, Noel ran to the back of the plane and pulled something out from behind one if the doors. There, gleaming in patriotic colors, was her suit. She speedily pressed against it, the skin tight metal forming to her body immediately. The door of the plane was opened and Noel stood by the edge of the doorway, giving a salute before jumping down and flying off to the city. Her eyes widened as she caught sight of the exploding Helicarrier, landing on a nearby skyscraper. "Holy s###."

Edited by Rawrmouse_Bieber

IC:

Daken turned at the sound of metal against the roof of the skyscraper and noticed a woman in a tightfitting exoskeleton - Iron Man suit? Definitely of Stark design - land on the ground a couple yards from him. That wasn't a problem. He'd prepared for something like that.

"Whoa!" he yelped, pulling out a SHIELD badge as she turned towards him, startled by the yelp. "It's okay, I'm SHIELD! Adam Ross. I'm with field ops up there. Did you see that explosion...?"

Slowly, his pheromones kicked in, a testament to how bloody nervous he was at what was going on around him.

Something wasn't right about this guy, but something was making Noel feel that this man was just as nervous as she was. "Yea...you must be new.I've never seen you...I know almost everyone here." She said, her voice sounding calm but not hiding the suspicion she held.

"Actually, I'm an FBI transfer. I got sent in after Brando Barton's death to try and fill the void until someone more permanent could be found," he explained, out of breath. "It's weird...you don't see terrorism up close like this in the FBI. Kinda want to whizz myself."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Alyss stepped out of a portal in mind air. Technically the portal was at the top of a set of stairs in a house she'd once lived in and merely opened to mid-air, but that was meaningless semantics.

There was little she could do against an invasion but watch. Well, not quite true, there were several things she could do, but this wasn't her dimension so she was loathe to interfere. She might make things worse. And while it was true she was interfering going to the Avengers in the first place, that was due to other crossings between her dimension and theirs. That was her responsibility to clear up. This was natural. Throwing extradimensional tampering into the mix could only make matters deteriorate

IC: "Who's there?" asked the guard with the rifle after Christopher knocked. Because clearly they were a bit better trained than to just poke their head invitingly out the door

IC: Anton had asked to be put on the ground when the assault came. He'd been stuck on the Helicarrier when the last big disaster had happened, and hadn't liked it. He wanted to be out doing stuff. Especially if that stuff was punching Hydra mooks in the face with a fist made of gold. Because that never got old.

And when the Iron Legion joined the fight, things got a little better for him. After all, when they got shot out of the sky, their pieces had to go somewhere. And since that somewhere was usually the ground, and it would be for the best if they were kept out of enemy hands, it would be useful if there was someone around with various scrap-metal related powers who could maybe assimilate them into a makeshift construct.

Anton's makeshift construct was currently ten stories tall.

It wasn't all wreckage from Iron Men who'd been shot out the sky, he'd absorbed several trashed cars and bits and pieces from Hydra's gear and even a couple of large signs from Broadway he was using as plate armour, but he had picked up enough to give himself some pretty serious firepower to go with his size. He was keeping focused on the ships in the sky for now though, the cannon on his shoulder blasting merrily away with the occasional beam from a hand, as the troops on the ground could simply be kicked aside. No sense wasting energy on them

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

There was a loud crack as the pavement smashed beneath a falling object.

"Oh, man, that hurt." James pushed himself to his hands and knees, the ground smoldering around him. He blinked, waiting for his vision to clear. He'd been hit by one of the larger blasts, same type as the one that hit Stark Tower. He didn't know if it was aimed specifically for him or not, but either way, his shield was the only thing that ensured that he didn't go down permanently.

Armor integrity: Seventy percent. Structural damage concentrated in legs.

"Yeah, no ****." The supersoldier said, shakily standing. Already, the red and blue of his armor was scratched and pitted, the finish all but demolished on his legs. It was quite clear that a layer of metal was missing, completely eradicated by the blast. He looked up, just in time to see the Helicarrier's starboard side explode.

Debris rained down, taking a few fighter craft with it, and the massive ship began to fall, listing to the side at a worrying rate. But he didn't have time to dwell on that, as he whirled reflexively to catch an incoming volley of shots on his shield. Hydra soldiers had crept upon him while he was disoriented, and even now kept moving, starting to encircle him.

"Well, aren't you ****ers a barrel of laughs."

Maria Hill stood, remarkably calm. All over the bridge, warning screens flared red, indicating catastrophic systems failure. For te second time in two months, the Hellicarrier had been breached and neutralized. It was dead in the air, unable to maneuver with only one fully operational and one partially operational engine remaining.

"Prepare to evacuate the ship."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC-Lucas:

Instead of knocking on the door to Xavier's mansion, Lucas was pounding now. He had also taken a Sig-Sauer SG 556 rifle from one of his briefcases, re-assembling it and popping a 100 round Beta C-mag into the receiver, so that it was ready to go in case he had to start fighting.

"I know you're all watching the news, but you can see it right outside as well, you know!" he called to anybody on the other side of the door.

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: liberty Noel's suspicions weren't put down as she stared at the man. "I see...well you know who I am in suppose." She said to him, approaching him slowly. "It's odd though...I would have been notified of your transfer. Surprisingly I wasn't."

IC: Nathanael

Nathanael surged forward over the small steps in front of him and onto the ground. " ******* Ay! My bloody ood." he said as he stood up and pulled the hood from his body. Smoke steamed from the spot where he was hit. Nathanael cracked his neck, jumped up and down in aggravation, and then launched forward. Things were starting to suck; aside from the part where his hood might be ruined, the lightning had actually left his back tingly. "I old you to mind your own bisness, but I see you ant'a do this the ard way!" Nathanael shouted as he reached out then ripped off and threw a piece of a booth as he ran.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC: Feral, ???

John Howlett reclined in a chair and nursed a Platinum as he looked out over at the scenery of California. The once X-Man had spent the last few weeks here in a lavish home Alaric owned. There seemed to be no end to the money Alaric's family possessed. When he'd finished the bottle John tossed it over the edge of the balcony and watched as it fell to the ground before shattering into a thousand glittering shards.

For some reason destroying that bottle gave John peace. No matter the terrible things that had happened in his life the universe still went on. The law of gravity still applied and the bottle would always turn to shards.

He'd never been sure what he was supposed to find out here on his own. Was he just supposed to take time to cool off? Was he supposed to somehow exercise whatever demons within him that had caused him to slice off the arm of a onetime friend? John wasn't sure what he was accomplishing by lounging around the large home other then wasting time.

He hadn't even turned on the TV the entire time he'd been here. He'd smashed his phone a long time ago so he had no way of contacting anyone, or to know if anyone had even tried to contact him. As far as he was concerned he was a ghost to his friends. A distant memory, he was probably dead in their eyes by now.

Still being alone in the house had given something John had needed more then anything. Time. Time to process the death of Ashlynn Summers. The first stage of his mourning had been rage. He'd literally slashed a good portion of the house apart. The walls were lined with the deep grooves his claws had created as they'd passed through them. When he'd expended all of his rage he'd turned to sorrow. The sorrow had passed too and now he just felt a hollow emptiness.

He'd tried to find his son on the way to California, tried to find Liam but he'd lost his tracks. John had no idea where Liam was, he could be anywhere and that bothered John beyond anything else. John at one time had fancied that he was going to get married. He was going to have a life with someone he loved. But that had been another illusion.

Slowly John got to his feet and turned away from the balcony as he went to step inside.

"You smell like beer," a familiar voice said from the doorway. John paused in shock. He'd been so lost in his thoughts he hadn't even been using his enhanced sense of smell to check the perimeter for possible enemies.

"Matt?" John said as he stared at the familiar blonde teen.

"Who else would it be?" Matt said as he grabbed John around the neck and proceeded to rub his knuckles on his head in an affective noogie.

"Matt... argh stop..."

"Something terrible happened back at the mansion, something I couldn't cope with so I left. Went back out to Vegas to look for any other stragglers and I found someone along the way." Matt explained as he pulled his hands off a disgruntled Howlett.

"Hey there." Christine said as she joined the two figures on the balcony. Christine had been left behind during the confusion of Vegas. She'd passed her time by helping with reconstruction efforts of Vegas and trying to pull survivors out of derbis.

"How did you find me?" John asked with an arched brow.

"It really wasn't that hard. Especially since we knew you went to California, the path of destruction you left behind using Warren's car helped alot." Matt chuckled.

"Which you definitely did a number on I must say, is that thing even drivable anymore?" Matt asked.

"Not really," John said. "So what was so bad you had to clear out?" John watched as Christine and Matt quickly exchanged glances.

"Beast is dead."

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC: (Christopher, Warren)

"Help..."

Half a minute later, Christopher called out to the guards, holding her shirt against where her shoulder used to be. She had removed her shirt, and discareded her bandages, dropping them down the railing of the stairs so the guards couldn't find them.

So with her arm, Christopher pressed the shirt she borrowed from Dallas against her now-bare torso, sitting not far from the door. Silently praying that the guards wouldn't shoot first and ask questions later.

---

The booth slammed into me like a brick house. I'm serious, it did! That's what it felt like. It probably broke a few ribs, seeing as I had little thought outside of 'More power.'

Then the electricity from the building began to flow into me. It probably scared the guy to see the electricity flow out of the building's outlets and lightbulbs and into my broken body. A minute of this, and I was rising again, any sign of ingury starting to fade away.

"Wanna try that again?" I asked, rage building inside of me. This guy had some nerve, attacking humans, then trying to maim me.

New tactic time. It looked as if the electrical transfer was below 20 milliamps. If that was the force of ten volts, then I would need to increase the voltage.

First, create a barrier to prevent that from happening again. I expanded my magnetic field. Anything that was metal, magnetic, and could hold a current was suddenly up in the air, spiraling around the room, and was live. And by live, I mean it was charged with enough electricty to give a decent shock, like the old joy buzzers, or those japanese acarde games that causes pain when you lose a life.

Second, apply force of 600 volts at the target. 600 volts was effectively nothing for me, I had at least 900 to a thousand volts left in me, discluding the amount I just took from the building. So, the electricty shot out again, moving like lightning. And not anything that Thor would do back in his day to stun an enemy before hitting them with his hammer. No, I'm talking about lightning. Artificial lightning, moving at full speed, and the full lethal power of 600 volts of electricity.

Thirdly, all those magnetic objects in the room, fully charged with electrical shocks and all that jazz. They felt a magnetic pull at my new friend, stronger than the magnetic field I created to keep them in suspended animation around me. They hurtled towards Nathanael, who probably wasn't that far in front of me.

Two minutes. All of two minutes. The thought was just a ghost in the back of my mind. Although, if I survived this, I knew I was gon na have to split like crazy before the feds found me. And if they did, they would probably kill me. Or try to.

IC:

(Carli: Hecate)

With the Carrier going down, Carli did the most viable thing in her mind. Spawn a jump jet and go over the side. With the order to evacuate the Carrier given, it was time to leave. getting top side, she saw a skyscraper coming close as the ship fell. Getting a running start, she jumped of at an angle opposite of the building the Carrier was about to smash into.

Jumping off of a falling Helicarrier was not easy, and she had to time the thrust of her jump jet or she'd hit the ground pretty hard. Luck and some skill played in her favor, as she hit just right, hitting the ground running and despawning the pack. Summoning her armor and weapons, Carli looked around for another SHEILD members. or friendlies for that matter.

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

IC: Marauder

He stood near his window in full uniform. War was brewing in the city, and he can smell it from where he stands. Now it's time to go in the foot steps of his ancestors, and fight war, the tactical way.

Marauder stood on a nearby rooftop and surveyed the area. Soldiers of an unknown army were attacking, and SHIELD is trying to stop the attack. It's up to him to get this war over with and save the Empire City. He took out his radio and called the Helicarrier, if they were tracking lines, he'd know what to do. But it's war and it's always safe to use cleared, secured lines. He got a secure on called. "This is SHIELD agent Marauder on scene at Manhattan. I'm on top of a rooftop and surveying the battle. What are your orders?"

OOC: Adders, where are we on the Rhino thing.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

It's not what I want, it's what I have to do," Will explained, "Short story, I've been kidnapped, and now I have to do whatever my new 'boss' wants me to do if I want to live."

Will waited a few moments, as if he was expecting something to happen...

Nothing. Will let out a sigh of relief. Either Hughes wasn't listening in, or he didn't care what he was saying.

"So, my new boss wants you, alive, and I'm here to take you to him. I really don't want to do this, but I have to."

He lunged forward, a right swing at Angela's side, and left at her head.

IC

The precog jumped back out of range, reaching a hand behind her as she did so. When her fist came back into view, it was clutching a pistol, which she pointed at Will, aiming between his eyes.

"Listen up: I've already seen how this ends, and not a single future has anything worthwhile for you if you keep fighting. I'd advise you to smarten up and give it some thought."

IC Knower"Pick a god and pray!"The Hydra soldier screamed as I brought the zweihander down on his head. Blood oozing from his skull, I grabbed a random rag hanging on a nearby wall and wiped my blade off. "Rookies," I whispered to myself as I slung the blade over my shoulder. Ignoring the store employees I had just saved, I walked out of the house, grimacing at the in my armor. "I knew I should have bought that vibranium overlay..." Walking out into the streets, I found myself in the middle of a warzone. Lance on my back and axe at my hip, I brought the sword back to my side and whistled to myself. "Well well well..."

Edited by Constructman: Black Knight

IC: Feral, Triblade, Mimic

John fell backwards into his chair like he'd been pushed into it by some invisible force. His vibrant blue eyes seemed to dim a bit as he placed his head in his hands. His breathing was ragged and he felt like he'd just been punched straight in the stomach. First he'd lost his best friend and now he'd lost the man who had raised him.

"I shouldn't of left... I should of stayed, I could of saved him... Alaric said he would be okay... **** not Hank."

Matt knelt down by John and placed a hand on his leg. "I know you didn't need this right now but I couldn't keep this from you." Matt said somberly.

Christine stood away from the two of them and crossed her arms. She hadn't lived in the mansion for very long but she'd come to like Beast. He'd been a peaceful and intelligent man who had obviously cared greatly for his students and his X-Men, even if he did send them to save the world.

"I'm sorry that this happened John. I also know what happened with you and Christopher, and its okay I forgive you."

John looked up at her and nodded before he turned to Matt. "Do we know who killed him?"

"No, we don't," Matt said. "Seems whoever shot him went back to finish the job during the night."

"I'll find whoever did this Matt and I swear I'll kill them."

"Usually I'd tell you that revenge doesn't fix anything and killing is wrong but as it stands I think I'd help you do it."

"Its time to go home John. New York is under attack and they could probably use our help."

"What do you want me to do Matt? I don't belong at the institute anymore. I'm not right for the X-Men either, you've seen what I can do."

"Come on John, you have to beat that. What do you think Ash or Hank would want you to do?"

John paused and he looked like Matt had just slapped him. "I don't know because they're dead."

Matt stood up then. "Maybe you are beyond help John. If your father was still alive what do you think he'd say? He'd probably call you a failure." Matt said. He knew the consequence of uttering these words, but Matt also knew how John worked and this seemed to be the only way to get him out of his slump.

John burst from his chair with surprising speed as he tackled Matt. The two teens hit the wall of the balcony hard before they flipped over it. Now the two mutants fell through the air as they proceeded to pummel each other with their fists.

Christine stared open mouthed as she watched Matt and John tumble through the air. There seemed to be nothing she could do to stop them. So far they weren't using their powers, but if they did then she'd have to intervene.

Matt twisted in the air the last second before the two of them hit the pavement below; John taking most of the impact. Matt rolled away from John as he got to his feet.

"Is that all you got John? I have to say I'm disappointed."

John jumped to his feet before he charged Matt. He threw a fist at Matt but the blond teen dodged before he rammed a fist into John's gut. John snarled before he slammed his fist into the side of Matt's head snapping it in the opposite direction. Due to his metal coated skeleton John hit incredibly hard.

Matt stumbled back as a rivulet of scarlet escaped his lips and nose. He wiped his face smearing the blood as he faced John. He then ran forward slamming his own fists into John over and over his fists hurt as they impacted with John due to the adamantium beneath his flesh.

Finally John tackled Matt too the ground and raised his fist above his head to bring it down onto Matt's face but then he paused. He then let his fist drop and got to his feet before he offered a hand to Matt. Summers accepted it and allowed John to pull him to his feet. Matt wrapped his arms around John and pulled him into an embrace.

"I'm sorry." John said at last.

"Don't be, this was the only way to bring you back to the real world. I had to do it." Matt said.

"I'll come back to New York with you."

"Good, if you two are done we should get going then." Mimic said from above.

OOC: Didn't see it. :) :P

IC:

I ducked down and saw the fist fly before me, either that or it was my mind. I got back up, either way being left unscathed or bruised like a #####, and decided to absorb the power around me. Yes I still have no control, but at least I get a charge, while taking down the power. But I'm the only person that left a glow with the lightning still surging through my fists.

I ran up to him and slid under him, then turned around in mid-air and threw a another grenade at him. I grabbed a nearby fire extinguisher and threw it him. I hope he bites the bait.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC:

This made Will pause. After all, only a few days ago he had recovered from an injury that would have scarred him for life.

"And what happens if I leave without you?" He asked, glancing down at the collar on his neck, "Do I get to live?"

IC

"That's not my problem," Angela replied. "You're not leaving without me."

She walked up to Will, still holding the gun up, aimed at his temple.

"One wrong move and I get a headshot, so get moving. Take me to your boss."

IC: Taralynn, Las Vegas. Passenger seat.

Taralynn shifted softly in her seat, eyes open to slits, as she looked around to figure out where she was. If the nearby neon signs and the sounds of people shouting about money were any indication, she was still in Vegas. Or, to be more spesific she was buckled into the passenger seat of a Lamborghini - her's judging by the person standing next to the driver's side.

" Not a ******* again! " Nathanael groaned in annoyance at the sight of the electricty. Not in the mood to tingle again, Nathanael dove for cover behind a nearby booth and then pushed forward, ripping away an entire half to use as a shield. " ***! " A second curse left his lips as his knives floated away from him, over his shield and toward the intruder, that was it nobody took his knives.

Nathanael looked over his barrier once to check that the lightning had passed. The only thing he saw was his knives in a gaint metal mass over the intruder's head. He grinned as as an idea came to him. Quickly, he threw his shield toward the intruder as a distraction. He took a step backwards and then leapt into a running slide, popping up to grab the edge of the booth and let it pull him towards the window. The moment the booth passed through the window, Nathanael dropped, rolled back up, and then dashed towards the intruder.

Edited by Dr. Vengeance

The Vengent Spectre.

IC: (Warren, Christopher, Will):

"My name's Kristen... Kristen Hailey... I don't have a 'serial number'... I was just in the park, waiting for my boyfriend when-"

Christopher broke down, starting to cry as she said this. It honestly wasn't that hard, considering in the past few days. She had to deal with Vegas, the return of her version of Dallas, her mother being accused of attempting to and killing Beast, losing an arm, and being stuck in this body. Just thinking about any one of those things was enough to break down and start crying.

"I- I woke up here... And my arm was just... Gone. I don't know what happened, I don't know where I am!" Christopher lifted her face, tears running down her cheeks, and dark eyes focused on the guard, "Please... I need help..."

---

"Hey Giroux... She wants to see the boss. Can you get the car please?" Will asked after slowly reaching his hand to his ear.

Several minutes later, a car pulled up with a gruff, stern-faced man at the wheel of the car. When he saw Will being held at gunpoint, a smile broke upon his face.

"You two, in the back," He said, gesturing at the back of the car, "Hughes is in his bunker... So get ready for a long drive."

---

What did he just do? Did he just like, fly across the room?

I barely had enough time to think what to do. He was coming straight for me, probably going to tackle me or the like. Not cool.

The metal objects that were left broke from their position around me, flying directly at Nathanael. While this happened, I threw up what could be called a 'cage' of electricity all around me. A half-sphere of electricity, criss-crossing and intersecting, so that if he tried to reach into my new cage, the electricity would then move to close the holes, sending the electricity into him.

If that didn't work, I had a plan B. I liked to call it, "Running".

Taralynn shifted softly in her seat, eyes open to slits, as she looked around to figure out where she was. If the nearby neon signs and the sounds of people shouting about money were any indication, she was still in Vegas. Or, to be more spesific she was buckled into the passenger seat of a Lamborghini - her's judging by the person standing next to the driver's side.

IC:

Alaric turned lethargically at the sound of Tara stirring and waved through the driver's side window. Rebekah stirred, remembering the gameplan, and ushered Brooklyn and her cinnamon buns into the Ferrari while Aiaric slid into the Lambo and closed the door.

"Hey," he replied tenderly, still wincing at the sound of his own voice with the killer headache he had from...well...coming back from the dead again. "You good?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Screams.

The armor's, the soldiers', the city's.

The world was a blur of fire and and destruction, whirring motors and breaking bones its soundtrack. The street was a mess of gleaming metal and spilled blood, cracked concrete its stage, and all the people merely players in a sick, sick game. Gleaming optics, a cracked faceplate, and colors gleaming. Blue as dark as an ocean's storm, reds as dark as blood. The soldiers outnumbered him fifty to one, an entire militia against one man. One man, one armor, one outdated ideal.

The armor screamed its protests as the supersoldier pushed it to its limits, obsolete servo motors straining, metal cracking, and still he pushed on. Bodies littered the street around him, silent as the graves that they would soon inhabit, their comrades joining them minute by minute. They had been caught by surprise, they never expected the ferocity of the response, never anticipated how hard he would fight. What he was willing to do.

23%

The shield lanced out, slamming into a Hydra foot soldier accompanied by the sound of snapping ribs. But for every one that fell, three more took their place. Bullets fired, slamming into scorched, battered, dented metal.

Structural integrity: 19%

Light leaked into the red tinted world through a deep crack in his faceplate, obscuring the HUD. He never noticed. He had ceased to rely on it, settling into a pattern of movement, a continuous stream of strikes and blocks. He moved without cessation,  endlessly fighting against an equally endless army. The field commanders stood back, allowing their troops to move first, letting their subordinates take on the gleaming mass of fury before them. They had reserves. It made little difference how many they lost.

But how could he fight back? How could a relic of a bygone era fight so determinedly, fight odds that he had no chance of winning? The SHIELD agent was slowly being forced back, city block by city block, and he was making them pay in blood for every inch gained. An outdated soldier in an antique, both forced to the very limit of their endurance.

Operator blood pressure reaching dangerous levels. Muscle fatigue detected. Continued operation of Iron Patriot armor not recommended.

The machine didn't receive a reply, at least not one it could understand.

Helicopters flew, frantically ferrying personnel from the Helicarrier to the nearest safe zone, or at least, as close as it got. They worked valiantly, continuing the evacuation even as the craft dropped below the skyline. But finally, the order came. The order came to cease and desist, that it was too dangerous to continue.

Only five minutes before impact, the crews were forced to pull out, move away from the mostly vacant craft. A moment more, and they would have been caught with it.

The starboard side hit the ground first, the shrill shriek of bending metal and breaking glass a fitting chorus for the fall of a symbol. Buildings crumbled before it, crushed and flattened by the metal behemoth that had dropped down upon them. Explosions rocked the city blocks surrounding it, devastating the wreck and the buildings around it. 

War raged across the city. Not the symmetrical warfare of the first half of the twentieth century, not even the guerilla tactics that dominated the modern world. This was a battle that had been waged countless times over the centuries, a battle that stretched back in the annals of history, its origin lost to time. This was the battle already lost. This was the struggle to minimize calamity, to limit the destruction. To try and salvage the peoples' spirit.

So many symbols lost. 

Their loss stretched back decades. Seventeen years ago, hope was lost when the mangled remains of Tony Stark's armor plummeted to Earth, when Thor was forced back to Asgard, when the symbol of liberty itself, when Captain America fell for the last time. Hawkeye's bow went silent, and the Black Widow lost her venom. Enforcer Tower had crumbled mere months ago, the president had been killed, and now the Helicarrier itself fell from the heavens.

It was the end of a dying age.

9%

Structural integri-

The computer was silenced when a bullet slammed into the helmet, shattering the already broken face. Half of the supersoldier within's face was visible, mouth set in a grim line, eye cold as ice, a stark contrast to the still-glowing optic over his left. Emboldened, the soldiers surged forward, shock gauntlets crackling, bullets flying, and grins crossing their unseen faces. Their foe was not invincible, their foe was nothing more than a man. A man seeking to live up to a broken standard, seeking to uphold and aged ideal. A symbol of the era dying around them.

6%

A symphony of destruction. A sickening snap was heard as a metal fist slammed into a soldier's face, twisting his neck around at an unnatural angle. A cut-off gasp sounded as an elbow struck another in the ribs, shards of bone puncturing organs within. But the soldiers had smelt blood, and they fought with renewed vigor. Continuous pounding from enhanced muscles shattered the armor on his shoulder, dented the metal over his chest, and his own blows tore the platting of his hands.

"Unibeam. All power reserves."

The first words he had spoken, the words that unleashed a beam of pure power. A star shaped attack, one that sliced through attackers like an unstoppable force, finally tapering off, ending.

0%

Iron Patriot Armor: Offline

The assembled masses, forced away by the last assault, looked on in a mixture of awe and horror. Metal clattered against the ground, shards of protection falling away. The supersoldier stood before them, the armor ripped and torn from over half of his body. The helmet clattered against the ground, cast aside by the man, so he could face his foes with both eyes. Shield clasped tightly in his right hand, he stood resolute, even as his muscles shook, and his heart fought to pump as much as was needed.

He had been pushed back an unknown number of city blocks, but the devastation laid behind his attackers was testament to his ferocity. Where once they had been innumerable, only a few dozen remained, battered and bruised.

Facing the last symbol left to fall.

The last relic of an age soon to die, the last scrap of a once-great man's legacy.

"Better to burn out than fade away." The supersoldier muttered to himself, drawing his pistol. He could no longer see the other Avengers, they had become small, almost unidentifiable dots moving about the sky.

"You ****ers want this victory so badly? Take a look around. That's what it cost you to get this far. So do yourselves a favor."

"Let someone else try first."

Edited by It's A Gundam MkII

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: A small pop sounded beside the supersoldier, a girl in her late teens appeared. The SHIELD uniform she wore was beaten badly. A pistol was aimed at a HYDRA soldier, the sun glinting off of the unbroken eagle on her shoulder. A slight nod at the soldier beside her was the only expression she gave.

Edited by Kaitholas Cage

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: U! Julia

Julia heard the battle first. She lifted her head from Dallas's shoulder, craning her neck just to be sure. No, she definitely wasn't imagining things; that sound could only be the familiar rumble of explosions and gunfire. It was only when she stood and looked up at the sky above the city that she noticed the objects: sleek, metallic, and black. The sunlight glinting off of them caught her eye even as far away as she was. Then, there was a rumble as the unmistakable form of the SHIELD Helicarrier plummeted to the ground.

"Dallas," she whispered, "please tell me you're seeing what I'm seeing."

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: Taralynn, Las Vegas. Passenger Seat.

" I'm...fine, don't worry." Tara said as she tunred to look at him. For a brief second white flecks flashed across orange her orbs and then faded back into the bright fire of her eyes. " I just want to get outta this dump." Tara said a strange note in her voice as she settled in to her seat. "Can we get movin' already? Tara asked as she closed her eyes and looked at the roof.

Unable to move out of the way in time, Nathanael stumbled back onto his knees as the mass of metal hit him and electricity forced it's way through his body. This did a bit more then just tingle but still, Nathanael pushed forward. He clawed through the mass, the shake from the currents still there, a window frame in one hand and his butterfly knife in the other. " At was a neat trick, too bad ain't nuttin in the world at can urt me." Nathanael grinned arrogantly and took a step foward. "You shoulda run en I ave you the chance but, you didn't. So now, I'm gonna break you!" Nathanael said as he threw the window frame forward, then launched himself behind it - butterfly knife in hand, confident that this wasn't going to hurt him either.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC: Howard Stark

A blur of red, white, and gold smashed through aerial fighters, sending them flying through the air, till they either hit something or crashed to the ground. Howard seemed to be an unstoppable force, his incredible armor quite up to the task, against the inferior weapons that assaulted him now.

Though against such numbers as he and the Avengers now faced, his superior armor and tech wouldn't be enough.

His unmanned armors however, while they were almost as deadly, were quickly being overwhelmed by sheer numbers. Many of the older suits had already broken down from all the abuse they were receiving. But overall they held their own against the sheer numbers, even with the odds statistically against them. They slaughtered the first waves of attackers and soldiers with relative ease, the mere pawns of Hydra's many forces were no match for the armors.

Of course, Howard had a better plan than just simply attack. While his other armors kept the enemy off of him, he focused on analyze Hydra's bigger aircraft that flew in the sky like massive blimps, sending out much smaller vessels onto the ground far below. They needed to be taken down first.

And their was one weapon in Howard's possession that could do that, the Uni-beam. "JARVIS, divert all available power to the Uni-beam." JARVIS obliged. "Fire."

A huge beam of blue energy was launched from Howard's chest, it went straight toward the first massive aircraft that was attacking Stark Tower. It struck it dead on, cutting through the ship with ease, it was starting to take critical damage, though it didn't seem to be quite enough. "Deactivate all safety features! Divert every last drop of power into the Uni-Beam!" JARVIS warned that this was not recommended, but Howard did not change his mind, it was done.

The Uni-beam's size increased dramatically, the Hydra ship shook violently for a second, then series of explosions began to burst from all sides as it began to sink toward the ground below, it was going down.

"Suit power at 70%. Shielding and other systems reactivating...." True to form, Howard's new suit and arc reactor had a much more efficient power usage, though Howard knew repeated use of the Uni-beam in that matter would drain his suit dry long before he took down every ship...he couldn't do this alone...

The aerialforce of Hydra's was not the only factor to contend with either. Overseeing the fight personality was none other than Dr. Tesla himself. He watched the battle as it raged on, a frown apparent on his face. He seemed to be largely focused on the squad of Iron Man that battled in the sky.

It was time to show Stark who was the better inventor, the better man.

Hydra seemed to be doing pathetically against the Avengers and the Iron Man Suits, despite their overwhelming numbers their progress into the city was being significantly slowed, it was not acceptable. "Apparently even now, you need me and my tech to win your battles for you. No matter, my weapons will make swift work of the Avengers." He announced. "Send in the shock troopers."

Around the damaged Statue of Liberty, America's symbol of freedom, two large vessels coasted into the bay. Large silo doors began to open as the submarines completely surfaced. Out of them bulky suits of armor began to fly into the sky, by the dozens. They seemed much thicker and bulkier than Stark's suits, lacking real shielding and instead having heavily plated armor. They were grayish in color, coils extending from their gauntlets as sparking with electrical energy.

Though the most notable feature was the blue glow coming from their chest piece, they were arc reactors, while quite inferior to Stark's current designs, they were potent nonetheless, and they were in the hands of Hydra.

They flew like a swarm toward the Iron man armors, which in turn charged toward them. The Shock Troopers launched bolts of electrical energy from the coils on their gauntlet, which were met with repulsor blasts from the Iron man suits.

The Iron Man suits were outnumbered at least six to one, but they were still superior. At first they seemed evenly matched, neither side able to take the advantage. Then one of the Iron Man suit's exploded, it's shields had burnt out and it had become overloaded with electrical energy, tearing it apart, the pieces of which flew into one or two of the other suits and did some damage.

Several shock troopers inevitably were soundly crushed by the still functioning Iron Men, but more came to replace them.

Howard found himself quite alone, in a matter of minutes. "I'm afraid I've failed you sir, I apologize."

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Within moments of Erin's decision, Siegfried had placed himself under the remains of a support pillar and put all he had into holding the building up for as long as possible. The carnage exploding around the city was digging into Siegfried's soul like a sharply twisted knife, but for the sake of those evacuating, he ignored and he held on.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: (Warren, Molotov, Chris)

"I'm not trying to hurt you. I'm teaching you what happens when you mess with humans," I said, glaring at him. I'd given a quick glance outside earlier. I couldn't waste time here. If I stayed any longer, I probably was going to end up getting attacked by whoever decided that New York was a good place to attack.

Time to finish class.

The frame and knife were still magnetic. So, I created a very strong magnetic current that would magnetize them to the ceiling.

Then, I reached out, trying to grab a hold of Nathanael. Of course, I didn't intend to just grab hold of him.

If I was able to get to him, I was going to become like a live-wire. Like that one kid at my school, who attached an alligator clip that was connected to a battery onto himself, then turned the battery on. It was a dare. It almosted killed him. Of course, it was less than a hundred volts of a electricity.

I had over Nine Hundred volts, all ready to use. And if I caught this guy, the electrical transfer would be instantanious.

All nine hundred volts of it.

---

A wall of flame erupted between the SHIELD agents and the remaining HYDRA soldiers. Molotov strode towards James and Alyssa, acting as if he didn't notice them. The Pyrokinetic looked slightly... Singed. Probably due to the fact that he'd been putting out fires, as well as creating some in previous engagements with HYDRA.

One of Molotov's hands erupted into flames, prompting the SHIELD agent to throw the newly-formed fireball through the wall of fire, smashing into a HYDRA soldier.

The screams of another burning man joined the already-great cacophony that was being sung about the city.

"Pardon me if I'm interfering with something," Molotov said, his monotone unwavering, "Just doing my job."

---

Chris took the opportunity to follow nearby Anton, engaging the HYDRA soldiers that Anton missed with his M4. He really wasn't suited to combat on this scale, the assassin's memories were more suited towards small firefights and one-sided attacks. Still, he did his best to help, moving from cover to cover when needed.

IC-Erin:

Using his little touchpad, Erin shot a question at JARVIS.

"How many are left inside?"

"None, Mr. Banner." Erin breathed a sigh of relief, before nodding to Siegfried. Once sure that there was nobody in the way besides HYDRA's soldiers, they set the Tower down, Erin stepping over the ruts his feet had dug into the ground. After a moment he noticed that James, Alyssa, and Molotov had soldiers near them; before he could go to help, he noticed that he and Siegfried had been surrounded as well.

"Hey Sieg, you wanna play baseball? I'll toss a soldier to you and you hit him out of the park."

Edited by Ilyusha Blokfase

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Invoking some BZP time here, let's just say my last two posts were behind the current New York events a bit.

John's kept his hands glued to the steering wheel of Matt's blue Mustang as they flew down the road.

"How did you talk me into letting you drive again?" Matt sighed. "You're going at least twenty over the speed limit."

"Matt you sound like what we are doing is dangerous. You're the one who wanted me to help you save New York. I mean we've been in a lot worse then this before, we survived one of the Blackbirds crash landing."

"Easy for you to say Mr. Healing Factor," Matt shrugged. "But I guess you're right."

"Do you two always squabble like this?" Christine asked from the backseat.

"Yeah." John grunted.

"Probably." Matt mused. The three mutants continued down the road in silence for a few minutes after.

"We're getting close." John said as he looked through the windshield at the skyline of New York in the distance.

"Doesn't look good, even from here." Matt said.

IC:

"Yeah yeah."

Alaric started the car and began to follow the Ferrari lazily, never taking glances over at Tara as he rested his head on his hand and focused on driving. He'd noticed the sheen in Tara's eyes but simply not said anything about it. Lord knows he'd had enough of dealing with the Phoenix proactively. Jeez. Might as well just let her go supernova when she did. Maybe she'd get over it. Maybe.

"Just, uh...Tara. If you wanna talk, or ever need anything, what's mine is yours. You know the deal."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: K????

He ran into an alley for a second to catch his breath. He had no idea what was going on. One moment he was exploring New York and the next, black ships were flying through the sky raining bombs everywhere. Then again, he didn't know his name either. In fact he didn't know much of anything. One of the only things he might have known got destroyed a long time ago

It took him months to get out of the wilderness and when he did, he took the name K as he collpased on the road outside of a nearby town. When he woke up the town's people gave him a job and a room at a motel until he was back on his feet. Everything was going fine until his mind decided to give him a vision: New York. With the help of the town's people he figured out what it meant. it was a city and he'd need money to get there. Though it took awhile he managed to gain enough money to start his journey. Eventually he made it.

He stopped reminiscing as he caught his breath and ran back out ino the streets. 'How did thing get this bad; the screams, the fires, the explosions, the debris, everything? How could so much go so wrong so quick?' He thought to himself looked around at the destruction. His gaze stopped as it came across a woman running along the sidewalk. He heard it before he saw it, a piece of building break and fall. She wouldn't be able to get out the way fast enough. He had to save her.

One thing he found out during his time in the mountains was he was able to do things. Things nobody, or, at least not someone like him, should be able to do.

He clenched his fists as he felt the pain he had become familar with build inside chest. The moment he saw the blue light playing across his knuckles, he shot foward and crashed into the woman.

He stood up wearily as the pain spread over his body. He had just barely made it to her on time. The debris crashed to the ground mere moments after he tackled her. "Are you okay ma'am?" He asked the woman as she got up. He breathed a sigh of relief as she nodded and looked down at his clothes for a second. They were ruined, tattered cloth was all that remained. Whatever, at least he saved the woman.

IC: Alison

Alison desolved herself, slid under the door, then reformed. Waiting it seemed, wasn't going to work, nobody was going to answer the doorbell. Slowly, she walked down the coridor toward the living room. She stood slient as she made it to the entry way, looked around to see if anybody was there, then took a step forward.

The Vengent Spectre.

Soon Matt's mustang reached the edge of the city. "Alright this as far as we go in the car, we're on foot from here." John said as he parked the car in a safe location away from the fighting. In the distance he could hear the sounds of gunshots, screaming and what sounded like bombs going off.

"Alright." Matt said as he pulled himself out of the car. Mimic quickly followed them as they began to sprint towards the sounds of battle. Soon everything snapped into perspective. The city streets of New York looked like a terrible war-scene. Whole roads were blasted apart where piles of rubble blocked many streets along with smoldering or destroyed cars. Civilians ran through the streets many of them bloody or covered with dust.

The X-Men watched for a second as Hydra troops marched through the streets gunning down civilians without remorse. More troops were in the air being parachuted towards the earth while others flew through the maze of buildings on jet-packs.

"We need to get ourselves some of those jet-packs." Feral grunted.

"Matt you concentrate on that while I clean up a bit." he said. John then cracked his neck hearing the familiar sound of metal rubbing against metal. He flexed his hands as three adamantium blades slid from each hand towards the ground.

Matt nodded before he turned his chest towards one of the flying jet-pack Hydra troops and unleashed a large collumn of plasma from his chest at the soldier.

"Its been too long since I've torn someone apart." John said as he launched himself at the nearest Hydra soldier.

Mimic followed John passing by him with her glove off as she quickly tapped John borrowing his powers. Bone claws erupted from her knuckles as she charged at a Hydra soldier doing her best to dodge his rounds.

IC: ???

Somewhere within New York a certain abandoned alleyway began to sizzle with energy. Lighting seemed to surge from nowhere as the air around the alleyway began to bend and distort. Suddenly a tear in the fabric of time and reality appeared as a human shape was forced through before it sealed once again. The energy began to fade as the red-headed female fell forward breathing hard.

Ultimate Ashlynn crouched low to the ground as she waited for her energy to return after traveling back to his dimension. She then slowly got to her feet as she began to reach out with her telepathy searching for possible enemies or foes in her vicinity.

IC: Ultimate Feral

The massive white lycan continued to run through the woods as he herded his pursuers deeper in to the woods. He lifted his large maw to the sky and unleashed a loud howl to make sure they were still following him as he continued to charge through the woods on all fours, his speed increased by traveling this way.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC: The Hydra soldier in question was not a particularly religious man. Unless you were willing to count devotion to Hydra. But other than that, not very religious. But as he careened to the patiently waiting fist of the visibly excited Asgardian, the soldier rattled off every prayer from every faith he could possibly think of. If he lived through the oncoming onslaught, he would change his ways. Or at least very heavily consider it.

That was the last thought that passed through his head before unyielding darkness claimed his mind.

Siegfried felt a distinct satisfaction as the Hydra soldier rocketed into the distance, propelled by the Asgardian's outstretched fist.

A dark smirk crossed his face. "Home run."

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

She glanced over at Alaric." I think all I need is sleep." She paused as she turned to look out the window. A few blocks passed before Taralynn continued. "I'm not sure about you, but I'm exhausted. I haven't actually put myself to sleep in months." she said her eyes flicking back and forth as she watched things pass by through the window.

Nathanael stopped and growled in annoyance as the butterfly knife left his hand. " You ouldn't urt me if you tried." He said and paused to crack his back. "Know wat? I'm ired of playing ames wit you. It's ime I end is." Nathanael said as he dug his feet into the ground and then jumped into the air. His eyes began to glow yellow as he used the sunlight to push himself higher in the air, wrap sunlight around his fist to turn it into a bright flare, and then drop, his burning fist aimed towards the enemy.

The Vengent Spectre.