IC:

"Yo. Taralynn."

She turned, distracted with something, and her eyes glowed like the embers of a newly lit bonfire; Alaric spun a slim card around his fingers like a blackjack dealer and caught it between the tips of his index and middle fingers with a wink.

"C'mon. I got us a suite instead."

-Tyler

Edited by Dallas Winston

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Taralynn, Las Vegas. Hotel lobby.

"Umm." She replied and nodded her eyes focused on Alaric as she walked over. "Lead the way." She said and motioned for him to take the lead with a flick of her left hand.

Life comes, and life goes, flowing like the tide.

Peace ebbs, and peace flows, often fleeting just like time.

Love can last, but only so, there isn't much before you die.

People pass, come to and fro. And eventually revenge too, doe lie.

For in the the end, it's only the vengent who lasts forever.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC:

Alaric took three steps forward and held the elevator for Tara, popping the second-highest floor's corresponding button and sitting on the handrail, rolling the card around his fingers and not saying a word the entire ride up. He just looked at his charge until the ding that announced their arrival; when the doors slid open with a slightly ominous whoosh, Alaric caught sight of their suite number out of the corner of his eye and led Tara over to it, popping the card in lazily and leaning in the doorway until the card registered. He got a red light and a beep. Didn't work.

He tried it again. Green light, then a happy beep. The door clicked open, and Alaric walked in, examining the two beds, the giant TV, the decoration, and the view of the Las Vegas skyline in about a quarter of a second.

"Well, it's definitely a suite," he commented neutrally, tossing the card onto the dresser and kicking back on one of the beds.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Taralynn, Las Vegas. Suite.

Taralynn looked around the room; the skyline annoyed her - she hated Vegas. It was den of uselessness. She hadn't wanted to come in the first place, so the view just made her angry. The tv held no interest for her. She'd slept in the car, so the bed wasn't very interesting. She looked down at herself, she was flithy. That wasn't going to do. " I'll be right back, I'm going to the bathroom. " Taralynn said as she walked into the bathroom and closed the door. It was time to take a shower

The Vengent Spectre.

IC:

"You have fun," Ric muttered, taking out his phone and rifling through the messages full of things he had to attend to as Headmaster. Attack on New York? Don't send the X-Men. They have finals to study for. Return of the Ultimates? Find John and ship him away this time. That would be a good laugh. This Headmaster stuff was easy; Beast had nothing to whine about.

Alaric set his head back against the wall and sighed, mind turning back to the girl in the bathroom and what exactly he was gonna do to keep Warren away.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:Taralynn, Unknown. Unknown.

Taralynn stood up shakliy, and rubbed her eyes, the light still partially clouding her vision. She no idea where she was now, though from what she could see through blind spots, it looked like some kind of room surrounded by a giant white wall. ' Where the **** am I?' Tara asked herself as she stumbled along the wall, using her hand to steady herself as she made her way to what she thought was a doorway. She stopped short as her vision started to clear, and she saw that the "doorway" was actually an extremely long set of steps, that lead down into what looked like a city of white walls.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC: Nicole

"You guys are cute." Nicole said as she watched Dallas and Ashley. "I wonder where Robin is..."

IC: Triblade, Mimic

"I missed you brah!" Matt said as he tossed a jet-pack to Christine and slid one towards John.

"Ah haven't seen you in a good minute stranger."

IC: Scorcher

Kane slowly raised his hands into the air and stiffened. "Well its good to see you too." he said calmly. "Easy there we're on the same side. Yeah I vanished for a while but that's only because I went back for my brother and it was too late. Genosha was destroyed. By that time you guys were long gone and I'd lost your trail." he said.

"Sorry about not ringing the doorbell I guess I was expecting more of a warm welcome." he said as he stood still.

IC: Songbird, ??? (Near Hellfire Mansion)

Ash slowly reached out with her mind to get her surroundings. She felt no human minds in her near vicinity which meant for the moment she was completely blind. She reached up and pulled her hand across the cobbled wall as she began to walk down the alleyway. She had no idea where she was or what was happening, nor where the rest of the Ultimate X-Men were. John? Julia? Dallas? Victoria? She sent out a mental push towards her familiar comrades but felt nothing. Slowly Ashlynn began to reach out farther with her mind.

She could hear what sounded like gunfire and explosions in the distance and she needed to know what was going on. She quickly located the minds of several civilians. She burrowed into their minds and saw with their eyes as Hydra soldiers decimated the city. She wouldn't stand for this. She located the minds of several Hydra soldiers and turned off the switch mentally knocking them out.

Eric Abrams was having a heII of a time. Today he had free reign. Free reign to kill as many innocent people as he wanted. A Newport sizzled between his lips as he aimed his shotgun at the chest of a fleeing man and pulled the trigger. He smirked to himself as he watched the blast tear into the man's chest and almost completely destroy it as gore splattered onto the street. Bodies of other dead civilians and Hydra soldiers alike were piled around Eric as he cocked his shotgun and reloaded.

"New York should be like this all the time..." he muttered to himself. Oh right, he was supposed to be doing something. But killing was so fun. He turned towards a group of Hydra soldiers and primed a grenade before tossing it at them. His crimson glasses reflected the blast of the explosion as the soldiers were blown to bits. Harbinger had somewhere to be, he was to meet with Sebastian Shaw and speak with him about the Hellfire Club. Eric had interests to be apart of as many terrorist organizations as he could. This attack wasn't even the Master's work. No it was only Hydra, but still it had provided him with the perfect killing spree.

Eric turned town a dark alleyway and began to walk his combat boots clomping against the cobbled road and his dark trench-coat billowing behind him. Eric had brought many souls to his glorious Mother tonight. Yes his mother Death would be quite pleased he was sure. As he journeyed towards the Hellfire mansion Eric began to hear someone ahead of him.

"Hello?"

A woman. Redhead, pretty. "Hey there tuts." Eric said as he exhaled a cloud of smoke. "Quite a day to be walking down a dark alleyway alone isn't it?" he grinned. Then he noticed her clothing. A black and yellow X-Suit. She had wings too.

"I remember you... yeah you went Phoenix in New York and killed one of your fellow X-Men... thought you were supposed to be dead."

"What are you taking about?" Ash said. She tried to burrow into the stranger's mind but he was somehow blocking her mentally. He was trained against telepathic attacks then.

"I never got to thank you for doing my work for me. I guess now its about time." he said. He then raised his shotgun aimed and her chest and fired. The alleyway was filled with a flash of light as the shotgun ignited.

Ashlynn knew something was coming. She jumped to the left just before the shotgun went off. Still she felt about four slugs burst into her chest along with terrible pain. She screamed as she fell to her knees: blood gushing from the gunshot wounds.

"You're awfully pretty to kill." Eric said. "Too bad. I think I'll leave you here to die slowly... all that blood matches your hair nicely." he chuckled before he walked past her and vanished into the darkness.

Unlike the Ash from this universe Ashlynn had no healing powers. "Someone please... help me..." she said as she rested against the cold alleyway wall a hand over her wounds as she fought to stay conscious. Someone please. She sent telepathically.

OOC: This is where you come in Tyler.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC:

Aleksandr examined the faces of those he thought dead and gone for a good minute or so, taking full advantage of the temporary lull in battle to stare down Matt and Christine. Slowly, he grinned, and then the grin became wider, almost manic, as he walked forward. He was wearing the short sleeved silk shirt that Christine had given him and a pair of simple dark blue denim skinny jeans; they were slightly streaked with blood - not his for once - and there were small marks on his face that dripped with crimson liquid and had the potential to swell, but he looked like the picture of health.

"Hey, cutiepie. It's been a minute," he drawled playfully, rolling his eyes and moving forward, towards the Southern belle waiting for him with a special pearly white smile and a shimmer in her emerald green eyes...and then walking right past her to squeeze Matt in a tight hug. After a couple seconds - more like ten - he let go and then turned back to Christine, winking coyly and leaning forward to kiss her forehead.

"What up, Christine."

IC:

"I'll get it," the vampire grumbled from his personal quarters at the announcement from the intercom that the battle had inexplicably taken a turn towards the Hellfire Mansion. Shots fired, hot woman bleeding out, X-Suit and wings, yadda yadda. The same old, same old--

Wait. He knew a gal with an X-Suit and wings. And she was pretty hot.

He was on the street in five seconds flat, out by where Ashlynn was laying with an imploded chest from a shotgun blow. Sighing with an eye roll, he bit down on his wrist and held it to her chest before she totally croaked out, giving her enough blood to heal.

"Take it easy, Ashlynn. It's Jace."

-Tyler

Edited by Dallas Winston

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Hydra agents broke through the doors into the lobby, walking right through the minimal resistance airport security managed to muster. Most of the guards broke down and ran, leaving the few that fought back to be slaughtered. Two minutes after they entered, all resistance had been neutralized, and they continued towards the terminal.

Not many had been sent. A small squad, little more. The paused at the edge of the crowd, which backed away nervously.

"All of you here have one choice. Join us, or be killed."

The announcement sent fearful whispers through the crowd, families backing up in fright, children hiding behind their parents. But one bold woman stepped forward, glaring daggers at the force arrayed before her. "You have no right to do this. You're nothing more than a bunch of terrorists. I remember Hydra from seventeen years ago, and you were nothing but a bunch of pansy motherf-"She was cut off by a gloved hand striking her, knocking her to the floor. "It seems we have to make an example of you."

The squad leader, for that was who had spoken, raised his rifle, aiming carefully-Only to be struck to the floor by an unknown projectile slamming into his face. Pages rustled as the heavy book hit the ground, moments before the Hydra soldier did. The soldiers all whirled, raising their rifles at the attacker. For his part, Alistair regarded them all coldly, with more than a hint of anger in his eyes.

"Look what you made me do. That was a first edition. No matter." Silently, his hand moved towards his messenger bag. He only had a few moments before the soldiers recovered from their shock, and decided to attack. He would make them count.

"O Caledfwlch, sword of the greatest of heroes. I call upon thee now, to restore justice to the world." The British teen recited quietly to himself, drawing something invisible and unseen from behind his back. "Your master sleeps in Avalon, but I will wield thee in his place."

"I call upon thee. Excalibur."

IC:

"You were foolish to expect a warmer reception. For all we know, you have returned a MACE informant."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:
"I'm going to smack her face off of her face, Bekahboo."
The words were mumbled softly from shotgun and they could hardly be heard from the road noise kicked up by the Ferrari; the wind of the Vegas night kicked up Brooklyn's hair and brushed her face with promises of wealth and revenge and all the things that Vegas was known for offering. She was turned deliberately away, looking downwards towards one of the holes in her skinny jeans, her chocolate brown eyes wide in realization as she tossed what had happened over in her head. Brooklyn, after all, wasn't stupid. She could make inferences.
"Was she really gonna kill him?"
"I don't know." The reply came, after a moment of silence. "She almost did. I don't know if she stopped, or if someone saved him, but she almost did."
"Oh."
Silence in the car.
"I'm gonna smack her face off of her face, babe," she repeated sadly, as if she wasn't looking forward to the prospect of such a violent paradoxical action.
IC:
"I'm just gonna step in here real quick to stop dear Kane here from attempting a really whack joke about warmer receptions and pyrokinetic mutants," the Brotherhood co-leader sighed with the warmth of a humanitarian, popping up by a lamp near Abraham and massaging his field partner's shoulders gently.
"Peace now, golden boy. You really think he's smart enough to know how to cut a deal with MACE? Or to be able to offer anything to them?"
-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Jesika

"You know, I thought this place was supposed to be real mellow compared to back home," Jesika commented idly. "I mean seriously, I didn't think that things were even physically able to blow up over here."

Yes, it was just her luck that she would stumble upon an all-out war. Really, why couldn't she have come just a few weeks earlier? Oh right, because she had been fighting for her life then. The mutant from another universe sighed, her electric-yellow eyes staring up to the buildings above.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Jesika

"Brooklyn, if I ever figure out how to do that dimension-hopping thing again, that's the first universe we stop at," Jesika stated, wrapping an arm around her friend's shoulders as they walked. It's wasn't that hard to stay out of the fighting, especially when you grew up in a place where stuff like this was the norm. "Deal?"

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Mimic, Triblade, Feral"Right hug Matt first I see how it is." She smiled at him. Christine was just happy to see Aleks was okay. The last time she saw him he'd been stuck in a hospital bed. Matt hugged Aleks back and took in a long whiff of the Russian's familiar scent before the embrace ended. "Sorry to go ghost on everyone back there but I had to go find John and your little lady." John strapped the jet-pack on and approached the others. "Good to see you English." John nodded towards Aleks. IC: Songbird Ash felt her heart beat thudding in her chest as her blood poured out. "You know me? Who are you?" She said starting with her blind eyes. She somehow could not sense the mind of the person speaking, there was a negative hole where his mind should be as if he was dead. She felt blood flow into her slowly as her pain began to ebb but it was too late. Her heart beat suddenly slowed and she sighed as she fell against the wall. "Thank you..." She sighed as she gave her final breath and died before Jace. Feathers from her wings hung in the air as they reigned down around them. IC: Scorcher "I'm afraid I already made the bad pun," he grinned. "He's right though I'm so out of the loop I have no idea what MACE is."

IC:

"I use Garnier Fructis," Aleks muttered in Matt's ear with a wink. "No shame."

He released and went back over to Christine, sneaking up next to the Southern belle with his gun drawn and his eyes out for any enemies. When he didn't see one instantly he put the gun down - but didn't holster it - and smirked at Christine, happy to see her despite his nonchalant attitude.

IC:

"Err...well."

Jace sat in a contemplative position for a second, watching Ashlynn's blood flow slow and cease from her dead body. Something about her was off slightly, unfamiliar in a sense; she hadn't known who she was and she smelled of blood and pain, a far cry from the Ashlynn he'd effortlessly months before. Besides, hadn't Ashlynn gone Phoenix in Vegas? Hadn't he watched her go Phoenix live?

Then he realized that he hadn't exactly just let her die. He'd given her his blood first. And then she'd died.

"Ohhhhh, ######."

-Tyler

Edited by Dallas Winston

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "Not personally," Leech answered, crouching behind a corner as gunfire hammered the walls around him, "But I sent Christopher up to the level one control room to try and stop the shrinking process. Give her a hand."

OOC: Anyone looking for interaction in the New York Hydra fight? I couldn't see anyone who was explicitly free

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Triblade, Mimic, Feral

"I'll have to keep that in mind." Matt grinned at Aleks.

As Aleks stood near Christine smirking she couldn't help but move forward and throw her arms around him as she pulled him into a hug resting her head on his shoulder.

"Are there any others from the institute out here fighting?" John asked as he stood near them. He seemed oblivious to the emotional reuniting which was currently underway.

IC: Mimic, Feral

"Yeah really, I woke up in Vegas and you were gone." she said as she held him. "I thought you were dead or something so I didn't bother coming back, plus there was a lot of hurt people left out there."

"Alright, good we can use your help. My plan is taking out one of their air-craft above. Hijacking one and hopefully crashing it into another or possibly a large concentration of soldiers. You in?"

IC: Songbird

Death was strange. It was like an endless blackness. A void and Ash was falling further and further into its depths. She saw flashes of her life appear through the darkness as she fell: old friends, memories, places she'd been. She saw the Phoenix too as it burned alive and powerful before it faded away. Then she saw herself falling next to her. But it wasn't her, somehow different, alien. It was her from the other universe, the one she'd now invaded.

They fell together through the blackness until suddenly Ash stopped. The other Ashlynn let out a scream and grasped at Ash' hand but she was unable to grab her. She watched as the other her continued to fall into the blackness until she was gone from view.

Then suddenly her emerald eyes snapped open. Breath burst into Ashlyn's lungs as she slowly sat up rubbing her head. The last thing she remembered was laying against the brick wall as her blood pooled beneath her. She suddenly froze with shock. She could... she could see. Her eyes were working! Ashlyn's shimmering emerald orbs began to scan this way and that as she took in everything in the room.

Happiness flooded over her. She could see colors again! And shapes! She was laying on a bed as she hastily got to her feet. And there was a mirror before her. She could see herself! Ash approached it slowly and paused. She looked different then she remembered. It was still her but it was as if her image had been perfected. Every angle and contour of her face seemed more beautiful then she last remembered, she seemed even paler now as if she could almost glow in the dark and her beautiful emerald eyes seemed even more intense and fathomless.

Edited by Sir Flex Nardius

IC:

"...Yeah, sure. Sounds like a blast and a half."

IC:

"Welp," Jace muttered from behind her, watching as Ashlynn examined herself in the mirror. "This wasn't supposed to happen."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Mimic, Feral, Triblade

"Good, you'll need a jet-pack then." John said as he reached down and grabbed the fallen rifle of a dead Hydra soldier before checking it for rounds.

"Unless he rides with me. I can carry him." Matt shrugged.

Christine put a hand on her hips and glanced at Matt with a raised brow.

"Hey I'm just trying to make things simple." he said raising his hands.

The voice from before, the one from the alley that helped her. She looked up as her emerald eyes focused on the figure who had spoken. He was attractive and he looked similar to her, pale and unnaturally perfect.

"What did happen exactly?" she said evenly.

IC:

"I'm...down for whatever, I s'pose...as long as one of you doesn't go ahead and get me gunned down. Again."

IC:

"You got shot, Ashlynn," he explained. "I tried to use my blood to heal you. Didn't work, you died anyway with the blood in your system. You woke up a vampire. Enjoy the rest of your eternal life."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Taralynn, Las Vegas. Hotel Suite

She stepped out of the shower and looked at herself in the mirror. 'Does the wardrobe have clothes? It better, I'm not putting that filth back on.' She thought as she dried herself with the towel and then exited the room. Taralynn walked across the suite to the wardrobe, water dripping from her - thanks to the shower- straight orange hair and down her bare back. Apparently having decided to forgo modesty - the towel left beind on the bathroom floor. Inside the wardrobe were several different outfits, Tara stood there looking at each one in turn; none of them were bad, per se, but none of them truly interested her either. She shifted onto her other foot and then turned to face Alaric. "Question. Which of these do you think would look best on me?" She asked and tlited her head, partially in inquiry, but mostly just out of boredom and impatience.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC:

"Hm?" Alaric asked, staring at his phone. "Wha? Oh, uh, try wearing the--"

His voice caught for a second as he looked up from the phone to Tara; he cleared his throat, moving his gaze quickly up to Tara's face and then past her head to the wardrobe. His hyperkinetic's mind imagined the various outfits on Tara - none of them looked as good as they could but they'd have to do for now - and finally he made the conscious effort to look back at her.

"Teal shirt, black jeans," he told her. "They go with your hair."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Triblade, Feral, Mimic

"Oh about that man... my bad. Really, I'll make it up to you." Matt said. He then wrapped his arms around Aleks and activated his jet-pack as they both blasted upwards into the air.

"Alright try to make sure we don't get shot while I operate this thing." Matt said since Aleks had a gun handy.

Christine sighed before activating her own and following them upwards into the sky. She looked down to see John following as well.

Feral aimed his rifle at a jet-pack Hydra soldier and opened fire. His rounds tore into the soldier's chest before a final one burst through his forehead and the soldier began to fall downwards through the sky.

"Yeah I guess I'm back in New York." he grinned as he spiraled higher into the air.

Ashlynn had turned to look at the man who had entered the room. Now with his words she stumbled back a bit bumping the dresser behind her and vibrating the mirror.

"A vampire?" she said. She'd heard that the vampires existed but she'd never met one before. Now she was a vampire... she really did die back there. Everything suddenly made sense and it frightened Ash a little bit. Her old life had ended back there in that alley and now another one had began... she wasn't what she had been before, she was something else. Eternal life. She didn't want to think that far, not yet.

"How do you know my name?" she asked him.

IC: Ashley

Ashley blinked, looking behind her to see Nichole. "HI Nicole! When did you get here?" Up until now Ashley hadn't even seen Nichole, her attention span had already been maxed out.

Without warning Ashley's head leaned into Dallas. "Ohhhhhh snap I'm feeling jet lag..."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Yeah, we'll get back to the condo later and get some chill out time," he promised her, kissing her cheek with a deliberate flourish as she cuddled into him and they sat down. "Maybe we'll turn the TV on or something."

IC:

"Yeah, don't worry about it, tiger. Just don't get me hospitalized again and we'll be straight."

IC:

"It's me, Jace," he replied, eyes raised as he plopped down on the bed and kicked back. "We've met. Or...at least...I've met this version of you. Is there a Jace where you come from? Is he doing okay? How cute is he?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ashley

Ashley made a large 'O' shape with her mouth. "Wow Nicole that's crazy! And yes, the paparazzi look much cuter now." Ashley attempted to laugh evilly, though it didn't really work.

Ashley looked at Dallas, "Can...can I have a cinnabon?"

"Sure thing, babe," Dallas replied with a sweet smile, selecting the largest bun with the most icing and dabbing some on Ashley's nose.

Ashley crinkled her nose a bit, and then took the cinnabon and sunk her teeth into it like a predator. She now had a cinnabon just dangling from her mouth.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Triblade, Feral, Mimic

"I think its my turn to be hospitalized if one of us has too. I would of but Ashlynn saved my *** back there in New York. She's gone now I guess so that won't be happening anymore." he said as they flew upwards. He then began to fly to the right and left as a few Hydra mooks opened fire at them with their rifles.

He pointed his hand at one and unleashed a plasma blade flying towards his chest but the soldier dodged.

John flew continued to fly upwards his jet-pack rattling the windows of a nearby sky-scraper as he flew past. He continued to fire his rifle at enemy Hydra soldiers shells falling from his rifle and towards the ground far below as he did. He didn't even wince as multiple bullets tore into his stomach and chest. John clicked his trigger again after shooting down two soldiers to find that it was empty. He dropped the rifle and let his claws slide out again.

He flew towards one of the soldiers and twisted in midair as he threw his claws forward. He smashed into the soldier like a cyclone of adamantium blades as his claws tore into the soldier's chest and made a hole in his chest that resembled the contents of a strawberry smoothie.

Christine followed closely behind Matt and Aleks firing off a few shots with her borrowed pistol.

Jace. Suddenly she knew why his voice sounded so familiar. She remembered meeting a Jace before. During a battle against the Phalanx. He looked much like this version of Jace but more determined and fierce. She hadn't known what he was... only that he had been very powerful. She'd assumed he was a mutant.

"Yeah there is... we fought against the Phalanx but I lost track of him. He's cute, but I think you have him a bit beat." she smiled. "Never knew he was a vampire though. I guess you figured out that I'm not from this reality." she said as she bit her lip.

"I don't want to intrude but can I come with you? I really have nowhere to go and the handsome half vampire I was with seems to not have appeared here like I did."

IC:

"Errr...we only have one bed," Dallas explained, thinking over the logistics of the situation. "Are you good with taking the couch?"

IC:

Aleksandr sighed and rolled his eyes, drawing his Magnum somewhat stiffly inside Matt's arms and shooting down the soldier he had missed.

"I love you, boyo, but you suck at being a mutant."

IC:

"It took a bit, but I managed to deduce it."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:
Silence reigned in the vehicle, as Rebekah expertly drove the Ferrari after where she had seen Alaric go. Her movements were deft and controlled, never allowing the car to waver from its path even for a moment, but her mind was elsewhere.
Tara had nearly killed him.
No matter how hard she tried, she could not get away from that one, inescapable fact. Taralynn had, in one moment, almost robbed her of family, of her friend, and her girlfriend of her brother. And her only reaction was rage. She wanted to find her, and scream every obscenity she knew, scream until she was blue in the face, and then, and only then, make her understand what she had done.
And it scared her.
It scared her that when confronted with such anger, her thoughts immediately turned to what the best way to maximize their pain would be. When normal people were angry, they thought of punching. They didn’t start to see every weak point, every artery, every possible target on the subject of their anger. They didn’t start to see what weapons in their arsenal would be useful, they didn’t start thinking like a living, breaking weapon. That’s what they had made her into, and in moments like this, she was confronted with one stark, painful reality;
They had made her into a killer. Whatever she had been before, that’s what they had turned her into. She knew of every known variety of poison, every weapon produced in the past thirty years, every vulnerable point on a human’s body. Her muscles had been trained and toned, her reflexes programmed to react with wariness to any sudden movement. That had been one of the hardest parts of reintegrating into society. She’d had to force herself not to go on alert every time someone came near, not to drop into a defensive stance at any unexpected move. Dozens of martial arts had been drilled into her mind until they were second nature, and oftentimes, first nature.
She knew of one hundred ways to kill someone within ten second with just her hands. She could recite ever class of ammunition and its benefits. She could pass any simulation thrown against her.
But she couldn’t deal with emotions. Rage triggered the parts of her mind she tried to suppress. Sadness sent her into isolation, fear sent her diving for a weapon, and to say she had trust issues would be an understatement.
“Brooklyn, am I broken?”

The thespian cocked her head slightly, caught off guard by the sudden, and unexplained question. Rebekah wasn’t sure what had prompted her to ask, but she suddenly regretted it. Asking that question would only upset her, and that was the very last thing she wanted to do. Brooklyn had her own troubles, she didn’t need to have to worry about the former Weapon’s internal crisis. She didn’t need to worry about whether or not her girlfriend was anything more than a killer.

“...”

“Never mind. Forget I asked.”

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"If it makes any difference, we're all bent outta shape somehow," Brooklyn hypothesized dreamily before turning away from the open window to brush Rebekah's cheek. "I have dreadfully poor social skills and I'm probably not as happy as I like to think I am, thus making me an internalized, accidental pathological liar. You got the short end of every stick, ever, and you were kidnapped, held against your will, and subjected to a battery of training programs and tests."

Brooklyn unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned over to Rebekah so she could kiss her once on the jawline, then once on the cheek.

"And of course that's gonna change you, because it would change anyone. You're not any less of a person for that. Honestly, you're more of one in my book. And I write pretty frickin' great books."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:
"You know how we had that conversation about tropes?"
The former Weapon didn't bother waiting for Brooklyn to nod, it had only been a short time ago, after all. "Sometimes, I feel like the only think keeping me in line is a small morality chain."
"I'm not that small, you know."
"I didn't really mean it that way, Brook. You're right. You're not that small."
Brooklyn bit her lip and grinned as she bent down on one knee near the armrest and stared out the windshield. Before them, traffic parted in a metal sea, not just of red but also of black and grey and some blue here and there; the Ferrari cut like butter through the Vegas freeways and seemed to trail along with Alaric's invisible path.
"Big things in not-that-small packages, right?" she asked, leaning in and stealing a kiss as soon as she was relatively certain that the car wouldn't drive into anyone.
Rebekah smiled, and looked to her right as Broojlyn perched just barely off of the divider between the front seats. "Yes, I think that just about sums it up."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"Its either that or I spend a night in a hotel by myself... I think I'd rather be with people I know." she shrugged.

IC: Triblade

"It would be easier to shoot if I wasn't carrying you with one arm. I mean you weigh about the same as I do." Matt said. "He them aimed his hand again and fired, this time his plasma-blade shooting through the chest of another Hydra mook and burning all the way through him.

"My companions decided to come back... we defeated the Phalanx but there isn't much waiting for us in our reality other then a lot of people to bury." She said as she straightened her back.

"I came through to this world and as I was walking down the alleyway some **** comes along and shoots me with his shotgun." she said as her emerald eyes stared into Jace's chestnut brown and gold flecked ones. "My eyes were useless... I was blind, and I couldn't delve into his mind. I couldn't see through his eyes I had no way of knowing that to expect."

"I can see again... you saved me. But more then that you gave me back something I've wanted more then anything else in the world. Thank you."

IC: Novocain

"There...." the mad-scientist said once the IV had poked into Julia's skin and his antidote had begun to pump into her system.

"The disease should be cured... and Miss Claws here should live to shred another day..." he chuckled madly to himself a bit.

"She looks so much like her mother... X-23... what a beautiful Weapon she was. But I supposed those days are behind me now." Novocain said. He wasn't even sure if anyone else was in the room or if he was just speaking to himself at this point. Sometimes he saw people who weren't actually there. It was part of being schizophrenic.

"Weapon-X is so much dust... I am not what I once was... more machine then man now. I've brought so many evils into this world. Twisted so many innocent lives into machines of death. Maybe it is time I tried to do the opposite."

IC: Taralynnn, Las Vegas. Hotel suite.

"Black and teal, it is then." Tara said as she pulled on the shirt and pants. She walked into the bathroom to check how she looked; all in all, it wasn't bad, but it'd do for now. She ran a hand through her hair as she looked at herself in the mirror. it was strange for her to actually see herself, not just her straight orange hair - which she was growing fonder of, by the minute -; but, the shape of her face, her blazing eyes, her fair skin. She'd seen it all before just, not like this. A few seconds passed before she walked back into the suite. " So, what do you want to do now?" Tara asked Alaric as she stood in the middle of the room - her back to the skylight - fingers fiddling against her hips in boredom.

IC: Nathanael

The electricity slammed into Nathanael's chest and forced him onto his back. This didn't tingle, this didn't tingle at all, it stung, sort of badly in fact. He lay there for awhile - annoyed that he'd felt anything, before climbing out of the crater he'd made when he slammed into the ground. Nathanael thought for a second, there were two things he could do: he could go for revenge, or, he could resume attacking the restaurant. Nathanael may not have been the best cook, but when it came a to cold dish called revenge, he was pretty dang good. He made sure to pick up his hoodie and his butterfly knives first, and then he started to walk.

The Vengent Spectre.

IC: Spencer was not entirely sure what had happened in the few short hours since he arrived in Manhattan. Everything had seemed to be going so well, what with the relaxed atmosphere, the hot dogs, the fresh... well... Sort of fresh air.

Then Venom apparently showed up.

In a rather uncharacteristic show of bravery, Spencer had stepped forward to take him on, and was in the middle of fighting him. Or at least dodging him frantically while slinging back poor excuses for insults. But even then, Spencer had been getting the feeling that he might be able to handle that.

Then New York apparently exploded.

One minute, everything was frantic, but a calm sort of frantic. A rabid energy in a contained area. Now? Pure chaos. In the time between the arrival of the hulking airships and the opening salvos, Spencer had lost Venom, and gotten caught up in a frantic attempt to save civilians that had earned him a few grazes with hot lead and a whole lot of angry Hydra chasing him. This quickly lead him out of Central Park, but now he was stuck dodging bullets and explosions and speeding vehicles and everything was a new lesson in terror.

Spencer was not pleased.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC:

"Beats me," Alaric said in the same neutral, bored tone as he turned again to look at the now clothed Taralynn. "You're the queen of the world. What do you want?"

IC:

"Bekahboo...things'll work out, right?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME