Futuristic View of Japan Made of Lego Bricks

After 50 years in Japan, LEGO decided to celebrate with an event they called <a href='http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/13/5000-kids-create-futurist_n_1772930.html' target='offsite'>"Build Up Japan"</a>. During the March and April event, children worked on a giant map of Japan, sections of which sat in six different regions across Japan. Participants were asked to envision their ideas of Japan's future in the wake of last year's tsunami. The completed island contains around 1.8 million Lego Bricks.View the full article

For some reason I thought of Coruscant when I first saw this, but as it's an island, I think comparing it to Metru Nui or Artakha would be much more appropriate.Anyway, that's awesome. I wish the color scheme was better, though.

My Blog

Latest Update: RPG: Character Creation and Stats

My Story Collection

Story Currently in Progress:

End of Yrenta (Review Topic) (Currently at 55 Chapters)

I realize I haven't updated my stories or posted much for quite a while. I will get back it it sometime, and I am still checking the site daily for any interesting topics.

Brickshelf Gallery

This is very cool. If I could, I'd love to see it in real life to look up-close at all the little details.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Awesome, but what happened to the color? Either the world has a paint shortage or there is a freak blizzard in Japan. I'm still deciding what option is more probable.Awesome, but what happened to the color? Either the world has a paint shortage or there is a freak blizzard in Japan. I'm still deciding what option is more probable.

DevBannerwithInterests.png

It looked great at first glance, until I realised something; Where's the nature? Where's the water? The beaches? Where are the parks?It reminds me more of Thneedville than Japan. But I shouldn't blame anyone. After all, the builders were children, and that's a very impressive build. Looks great, aside from the lack of wildlife. I just hope it doesn't end up fully like this.

Edited by Toa of the Nova Corps